Topic LF people who want to raid Firelands.
Edited by Nemuraan on 9/11/11 9:01 PM (PDT)
Basically, I'm tired of running ZA/ZG/T11. I'm looking for people to run FL with. I don't want to leave my guild, and we don't have enough players to run FL. So who am I looking for?
- People who are in my situation (geared, ready and willing, but can't raid with their guilds for whatever reason)
- People who want to run their alts through FL on off-days because they only take their mains to their guild raids
- People who can't find a home and want to give FL a shot before 4.3 comes and nerfs FL to nothing like they did with t11.
How would it work:
We get the people, set the day(s) we want to raid. I have a vent server to accommodate everyone, so that's covered (i.e. you don't have to bug your guild to use their vent)
Gear from bosses would be MS > OS, with the main spec being whatever spec you joined the raid as (so if I am a tank, and go healer for the one-tank fights, I would still be entitled to roll MS only on tank gear) and people with the professions would get preference for the profession patterns. BoEs would be either you roll if it's an upgrade for you, or everyone rolls on gear nobody can use for their AH spec.
1) the most important thing to keep in mind is, what I'm getting here is a semi-organized pug. That means you have to be prepared to wipe even on bosses that your guild has on farm. Feel free to offer advice and whatnot, but don't expect smooth runs and don't be a rage quitter.
2) No dates and times are set yet, but you must be ready to sit down and raid for at least 3 hours in a row (which is not a lot, but keep it in mind anyway)
3) You must be appropriately specced/geared/gemmed/enchanted. An ilvl of 359 is required, higher obviously being better. It is not unreasonable to expect people to have correctly specced/gemmed/enchanted characters. No more than one or two pieces of PvP gear allowed. Try to keep the resilience for BH if you can help it. I can help and give some advice, but if you don't know how to play your class, this might not be the place to learn. Also, if you can bring your own food or at least your own flasks, that helps a lot.
4) NO EXPERIENCE in firelands is required. If you have raided before, but never done FL, that's fine. I won't ask for achievements or anything like that. I have no problems explaining fights and what people's roles should be, however as stated in 3), you must already know how to play your own class and provide acceptable performance.
5) Come ready to have fun. If it isn't fun, it isn't worth doing. That does not mean we get to slack around and wipe as people pull 6k dps and still laugh, but it does mean that not everyone will be serious 100% of the time. Keep the environment lighthearted and relaxed and we will get the bosses down.
Still with me? yes? Great. If you're interested, send me an in-game mail or post here and i'll mail you. I'll be checking this thread daily. This might be your chance to kill a few bosses before the next patch, and a chance to make some new friends. You don't have to leave your guild to join mine or any crap like that. All I want is competent players who want to raid, but for whatever reason aren't yet. I know I can't be the only one.
So tanks, DPSers and Healers, sign up!