Class Feedback – Hunter

(Locked)

93 Goblin Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Back when Cata first came out, I had full intentions of playing my hunter (who had been my main for 4 years prior) in both PVE and PVP. Right now this shaman has turned into my main character because- honestly I got very bored (I will explain in greater detail below) on top of the fact that my guild really needed a healer more.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Right now, my hunter has become my farming toon. During BC and Wrath, I did heroics and raids with her.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

As for PvP, in BC I tried arenas but just hated them, so I stuck with normal battlegrounds (also WG during Wrath).

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My BIGGEST quality of life issue in Cata is the need to spam a CASTED shot to regain focus back. It isn't as big of an issue in PVE than it has been for PVP (if you read the hunter forums, every day there is a new post complaining about the state of hunter PVP).

We were told that the reason you were getting rid of mana was to make us feel less like a caster- having a casted shot in order to regain focus makes me feel exactly like a caster. It is not a fun mechanic. Figured if I'm going to constantly use a casted, I might as well play my healer.

My other issue, at the beginning of Wrath, Beast Mastery was doing well. Within the first 3 months of that expansion it got major nerfs. At the beginning of Cata, Survival was doing well. Then, you decided to nerf that spec- from what I was seeing personally, the other classes were starting to catch up once they started getting more 346 gear. There was no reason for the nerf. Then Black Arrows damage was brought back up- however it was not the buff the spec needed.

During Wrath, SV and MM were very close in dps/damage. This is not the case now. From the numbers I've seen SV is still a good 4K behind MM. I would be more inclined to actually play my hunter if the specs were close. I don't enjoy the playstyle of MM to be honest and I am tired of having to change specs every expansion.

What makes playing your class more fun?

What used to make this class fun for me was being able to compete with hunters of different specs. Now I feel I'm pigeonholed into one spec that I don't enjoy.

What makes playing your class less fun?

See the above comment.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Honestly? My SV rotation starts out with 4 buttons and then turns into a 2 button rotation (depending on what is off cooldown)- frankly I find it boring. Since SV is restricted by the cost of shots I have to manage my focus very carefully for when the next shot is off cooldown. Most of the rotation is cobra shot spam. I could probably read a book and play my hunter (at the same time) right now.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Besides another button for SV? Please relook at the costs of focus in relation to the amount of damage the shot puts out. If you don't plan on making all 3 specs scale with weapons damage (which would help a lot), the least you could do is give me another button to use.

As far as trap launcher goes, you had the right concept back in wrath with our flying arrow (forget the name of it). I'd personally love to see that type of trap system implemented instead of the clunky launcher we currently have.

Misdirect: playing various healers, I have noticed that hunters tend to have constant pulling off the tank issues at lower levels. This really needs to be brought down from a level 76 spell down to maybe a level 35 spell. Also the wording on it needs to be dummied down a little. A lot of newer hunters in heroics tend to not use it because they don't get what it does (same goes with feign death).

Pets: I do not like the new pet stances. They are buggy (extremely) and often don't do what they are supposed to. Except for passive, all my pets seem to like to stay in passive no matter what I tell them to do.

What spells do you use the least?

Feed pet. There is no reason for this to even exist anymore. The mechanics have changed as far as pet happiness goes (there is no pet happiness anymore), so this is a VERY useless ability.

Forgot about Widow Venom. If it actually did something, I would be more inclined to use it. Maybe next expac somehow incorporate it into SV.
Edited by Jujubiju on 9/12/2011 9:54 AM PDT
1 Tauren Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Hard mode Raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] None

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I like how the minimum range mechanic was fixed on some fights in Cata. However it's not always consistent across different encounters, which can be annoying.

Fights that give hunters job's and different roles.

Standstill fights

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-I feel the improved steady shot mechanic is nice, but an extra second added to it would be a bit more lenient for times when it's very difficult to keep it active.
- Aimed Shot isn't really that fun to use, on fights where you standstill and cast it, it's very boring, and it can be annoying to not crit and feel like you just wasted 1.8 seconds.
- I like multi shot, and I think our aoe is nice, however, I think buffing explosive trap dmg would be nice to give us a cd'd AoE.

ISS lasting a second longer or so.
A cooler mastery would be nice aswell, wild quiver is just there, and doesn't add much to the class in terms of anything.
Minimum range consistency

Widow Venom, Immo trap.

o
Edited by Idkhithere on 9/12/2011 9:45 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
PVE, raid-focused

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Trap Launcher is hugely clunky and awkward, needs a total rework. The wretched dead zone, though greatly improved, still can prove troublesome any time there's a stack-up-in-melee mechanic involved. Pet management wavers between "too much needed" and "not enough needed", see below. Fun abilities like Eyes of the Beast or Glyph of GREATER Proportion get taken away with nothing to replace them.

Oddly enough, the answer to both is "pets". Pets are fun, collecting pets is fun -- the expanded stable is great -- but the normalization across pets renders most of it merely cosmetic and takes away any real incentive to seek rares or odd skins. Beast Mastery especially suffers greatly from pet factors because the reluctance to make pets too powerful has forced a glass ceiling on the spec.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I went into Wrath with bad feelings about the focus system, but it's proved solid. Possibly due to focus all hunter specs now play with more of a priority system, which I find much more flexible (and enjoyable) than a rotation.

A no-pet tree, perhaps with dual wield pistols ("Gunslinger"). Pet collars with gem sockets to tweak stats.

Non-Hawk aspects save for Fox and situationally Cheetah; Eagle Eye; Raptor Strike; Scare Beast; Widow's Venom; Immolation Trap. [This list gets longer as I read other people's lists and see shots listed I'd entirely forgotten about.] There's a tendency for low-use spells to get one fight per tier, cf. Distracing Shot to taunt spinners down in the Bethilac fight, and in between such fights they collect virtual dust in the spellbook.
Edited by Arides on 9/12/2011 10:36 AM PDT
70 Human Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

* PVP (level 70 experience off)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

* Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs... all of them :)

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

* Removal of Deterrance from level 70 hunters in Patch 4.0. Level 70 hunter currently have no methods to mitigate incoming damage beyond direct CC to the attacking target and feign death - both of which are easily bypassible by Dots, multiple enemies, resists/misses.
Hunters previously had this ability at level 70 and were much more balanced members of the level range.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

* The preciseness of the playstyle. Kiting.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

* Lack of defensive abilities at my chosen level range (deterrance was previously available and removed for reasons beyond my comprenension).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

* Effective and efficient, I enjoy my rotation.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

* Deterrance available at lower levels, at least level 70. Seriously, organized pvp occurs at this level, with rated battlegrounds and arenas. Hunters do not currently have the defensive fortitude to compete on any serious level.

■What spells do you use the least?

* Serpent sting - I do not feel the GCD for this ability is often worth it
100 Undead Hunter

Both

Raids

Arenas and WORLD pvp, you know all though you guys have done a good job killing world pvp there are some of us who enjoy it. I only do arenas because I HAVE to get better gear. I actually loathe arenas.

More pets please. More stable spots.

I enjoy the weapons and the mechanics of a hunter. And the pet.

The no fire zone. Or deadzone or whatever everyone calls the area where hunters cant fire if they are 2 close. It is bad for us in pvp and also pve. For examples the eyes of Occ are a pain in the touche. Also the fact that our pets have been bugged forever. They will not attack if they are standing on something and I get in combat. Thats in arena, rw pvp, or bgs. If they are on the smallest rock and I start attacking something they just sit there.

MM is a snooze fest. The other 2 specs are pretty fun.

That you will actually level out the dps for all three specs so I am not looked upon as a baddie because I dont play MM, because you guys force it down our throats. Should be able to play whatever spec you enjoy and not have you dps suffer because of it.

Arcane blast and Ice Block. Honestly I think I use or have a use for all my spells in certain fight which make them all pretty viable.
<strong/> <strong/>
Edited by Shaitin on 9/13/2011 4:20 PM PDT
5 Orc Hunter
1. PVE

2. Raids

3. none

4. No more focus bring mana back.

5. Solo ability

6. Having focus instead of mana, and always worrying about nerfs because other classes are crying because they can't kill hunters in pvp .

7. I rather have fewer abilities to worry about for rotation in order to max dps.

8.Here is my wish this :

-Remove focus, bring mana back. Focus is lame.

-Remove the bm talent for exotic and make exotic tameable by any hunter spec.

-Tameable rare mobs, instead of just changing there skin color , or making taming them challenging , give them there own set of special abilities that don't mirror normal mobs or at leasts give them one or two special added abilities. Make taming those mobs more unique other then just having a different skin color.

--Seeing how hunters can tame mobs as pets, it would be nice to see hunters get there own class specific mount and or be able to use certain pets for mounts.

-- I miss volley , we need it back!

--Hunter pets could use a few more talent points.

--Hunters need there own legendary that can;t be used by any other class. Thoridal was a failed choice seeing how others can equip and use it. Hunters need there own , not something that a dk can equip or use.

8. Hard to say
85 Orc Hunter

PvE mainly.

Heroic raids/Normal raids

Odd BG.

Deadzone/Minimum range !@#$s me.

Shooting arrows is fun.

Deadzone/Minimum range.

BM - Don't play it.
Marks - I enjoy it.
Survival - Don't mind it.

Deadzone/Minimum range removal. New pets for ALL specs.

Wingclip and melee strikes etc.
90 Night Elf Hunter
AFK
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Other - soloing, regular dungeons

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Lack of useful minor (Q-o-l) Glyphs. We only have five, and only one is something I would consider extremely useful, and none are fun, like glyphs of monkey or artic wolf.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like doing lots of damage in a short amount of time. I also like collecting pets.

What makes playing your class less fun? The so called 'dead zone.' I'm okay at kiting, but there are times when I'd really like another 'get back' button.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Because I'm mostly soloing, I don't get a lot of chance to use a long term rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Class specific mounts, and give a little love to our pvpers.

What spells do you use the least? Aspect of the Wild. (I'm not counting anything that has a more pvp connotation.)
85 Blood Elf Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I generally focus on both, though I tend to PvE more often then pvp.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
My guild is working on 10 man heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I generally only do BGs and thats with friends.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I have no real complaints in this since. Hunters have come along way since when I started. Ammo was a cool concept, but I enjoy not having to lug it around anymore.
I think in my 10 man raid my dps is very competitive, so I cant really give good feedback in that department.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I enjoy the new changes to focus, even though I hated them at first. I makes me feel more involved because I have to watch my resources instead of just spamming my rotation until I went near oom, and had to turn on viper. I enjoy the synergy between alot of my abilities.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
My deadzone. =/ I dont think that my deadzone should be removed, as I have been playing since very early vanilla, and it has shrank ALOT since then. I feel as though in pvp I can be locked down into a melee fight quite easily. I understand that I have Master's Call and Disengage, but most good melee classes can get back to me regardless. I understand this is the risk of being a ranged class, it can just be frustrating at times. I am also dislike getting forced into going twohander for my melee weapons. I remember in vanilla when I could use two one handers and it was comparable. With enchants, two one handers vs, a two hander, is not even a competition anymore. I understand that this would put us back into the running with Shamens and Rogues for their gear, but that really comes down to an internal guild factor to manage that. The reason for this is a mostly pvp one. In pvp a weapon chain is a pretty big deal, and should I decide to do that, I lose my enchant to my two hander. With a comparable agi enchant to one handers, or a proc that works of ranged, I could have a one hander with the chain, and a one hander with agi/proc.
I also dislike the fact that I am railroaded into bringing certain pets to raid by my guild. I normally wouldnt mind, but most of the time its a Wind serpent or a ravager. These are because my guild doesnt have the debuffs those bring. While it overall helps the raid more(the reason I bring them), I cant help but feel upset because I am using a cunning pet, which is a dps loss, just for these
Edited by Rokusai on 9/12/2011 9:49 AM PDT
60 Human Priest
Sorry for some reason I can't post on my normal account. But I have an 85 hunter in 386 ilvl avg gear.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids/Heroic raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
n/a

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
The biggest quality of life that I think i am looking for as a hunter, and I think many others are, is that we still can not tame ANY pet we want and be able to chose which talent tree it represents. We can not tame a DPS spider...or a cobra DPS... we can not have a raptor be a tank pet..or a turtle be a DPS pet etc.

Lacking talent tree choice for pet's is really a huge quality of life thing for me, infact not being able to do this is what makes me almost despise this class. We are forced into raptor/hyena pets for raids, or any other DPS depending on the buff it gives. Tenacity and Cunning pets are a DPS loss in raids so we can not chose this. Pet tanks are not good enough tanks to tank any form of instance and they are not viable in PvP or PvE, while they are not useful in PvP. I'd love to use my turtle as a DPS pet, but the talent tree choice lacks there for i can TRULY can not chose the pet i want to use, and being a hunter/pet class, specially as BM spec, makes this class feel "unfun" if you will.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to lay traps, escape easily, and have a pet. I love pets.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Honestly, my biggest gripe in raids is that we truly have NO raid "use" other than raw damage .. we can't dispell, we can't interrupt (silencing shot is not viable in PvE due to travel time), we have no raid wide dmg mitigation cooldown, and Tenacity and cunning pets are just a DPS loss as there "uses" are of no use in raids.

Mastery is still the lowest tier stat you want on gear even after the buff no MM. BM mastery does not increase damage on the hunter itself, but on the pet only. And SV mastery does not affect pet.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Hunters as MM do not have a rotation, it's priority cooldown. I dislike how haste plateaus affect rotation so much, it's so mathy, how ArP was back in ICC

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Talent tree choice for pets. I want to be able to chose ANY pet i want, wether its a spider, a snake, a worm, or a bird, and use it for either tanking, pvp and DPS. Also the talent trees have duplicate "increase dmg %" they are boring and NECESSARY much how like older class trees were. We are not involved in our pet the way we should be.

Also, HYDRAS! Can we has?
Anddddd tame our own mounts!

# What spells do you use the least?
Aspect of the wild - useless completely in pve and pvp
Widow venom - to high of focus, loses dps in pve and dispelled isntantly pvp
tranq shot - travel time + gcd not worth it
scare beast - never used it once
wing clip - another useless one, i have daze / conc
raptor strike - useless outside of tehe glpyh
Edited by Grafx on 9/12/2011 9:58 AM PDT
85 Orc Hunter

Both

Raids, 4/7 heroic in firelands atm

RBGs/BGs

My biggest quality of life issue is the minimum range. Having to stand so far away to dps that I can't stand in healing rains and such on bosses like Ryolith is just frustrating. Also, considering our damage isn't overpowered in PVP, I don't see why it should be able to be negated because someone is standing too close to you.

The focus mechanic in PVP is somewhat lacking as well, though I don't mind it in PVE. I don't mind it too much in BGs/RBGs because no one bothers to attack the hunter anyways, but in the arena it is just irritating.

I really enjoy being able to do high ranged DPS and having alot of utility.

Minimum range, having your pet way too far out of range when you want to master's call, wild quiver killing my weapon's durability 4x as fast as my armor's goes down.

Marksman hunter rotation is good, I enjoy it.

Some sort of tweak to the minimum range, remove it, make us do 75% of our damage within it, something. We suffer from spell pushback just like any other ranged dps class, but they can still cast and do full damage to something that's in their face.

Other mechanics that have been in since day 1 (druid's shifting out of snares/roots) have been changed recently, I think it's time that our minimum range goes away too.

Widow's Venom, Immolation Trap
85 Troll Hunter

PVE

Heroic Raiding

- Pet pathing issues (eg. worms in front of ragnaros in FL)
- the now rare but occasional clip with melee range of a raid mob / boss
- T12 4 set proc occasionally introducing too much focus into a (Marksman) rotation making it feel counter intuitive as we're forced to cap focus if it procs at certain times
- excessive aspect dancing for movement damage maximisation (not saying it's hard to do, but gets a little tedious and annoying swapping aspects for casts / instants constantly)
- current implementation of trap launcher feels clunky and slows down our rate of trap launches compared to the older version
- pet despawning at distances on fights like rag heroic where you have a massive field of play

Being a fluid, mobile ranged DPS class with a reliable pet.
Accessorising pets and ranged weapons.
Being less reliant on casting than other ranged classes.
Playing a part in aggro management with abilities like MD.

Melee range issues in raid content.
Pet despawning / pathing issues.
"Turreting" mechanics (ie. the period of time that we were hardcasting aimed shot as part of our regular rotation)
Inhibiting our classes traditional movement damage potential.

As Marskman:
- having a steady shot interrupted in some way (Wrath of Ragnaros) and setting back a potential improved steady shot buff can be very frustrating
- t12 4 set throws awkward wrenches in our rotation at times due to focus overflow / capping
- Otherwise, the move to focus from mana since cataclysm launch has been proven to work well in PVE and we have maintained a lot of our movile / versatile feel that we've always had, though being tied to focus for instants can feel a little inhibiting sometimes but it's hard to argue with the design choice

Return to having viable 1 hander weapons for dual wield melee. (Being stuck with 2 handers via limitation of enchants can be very boring)
Dual wield ranged :D
Survival and BM single target competitive with marksman.
More interesting options for hunters in melee range.

BIG ONE: Widow venom, isn't worth the GCD used to cast it due to the damage lost applying it
In PVE: many utility abilities like flare, snake trap, tranq shot, etv
85 Troll Hunter
Both

Heroics/raids/heroic raids

Mostly arena

One of the issues is our survivability, it seems like hunters have the least amount of survivability of all the classes. We dont have a very good self heal. And the SURVIVAL spec doesnt do much in the way of helping this issue. Survival should have a talent that gives you a pretty good self heal. Or a talent that allows you to clear dots. Survival needs to feel like you have more in the way of taking dmg. I know that hunters are meant to kite dmg and avoid dmg. But with classes like warriors and dk's they have so many tools to keep you in melee range and therefore not be able to dmg them.

being able to shoot on the run now! Not having to worry about running out of our resource anymore.

Having a minimum range and being able to be killed in a couple of globals by melee classes.

The sv and mm "rotations" are fine, however the bm rotation is coooo clunky. I feel like im just chasing flashy buttons. In fact, i hardly even touch the spec because it feels so clunky.

A completely redesigned bm spec rotation spell list and like others have said the possibility of two pets.
I also liek hte idea of having a spec that doesnt use a pet. mm perhaps? with a dmg boost. or the ability to still use a pet but you loose the dmg boost. and your dmg is slightly lower than pet-less dmg

snake trap? it does almost no dmg....
widow venom? i completely forgot i had this, its useless
everything BM
85 Goblin Shaman

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?

- PvE used to be fun, but there is nothing really interesting to hunt in the world anymore (since WOTLK), maybe if you are Skinner but there is nothing for me in PvE. PvP is my new world
- PvE i used to Hunt Rhinos, Dinosaurs in Un'goro, Hunt rare pets, skinning or just profit from animal parts. Heroics used to be fun because i used to capture rare skinned pets like the wolves in hellfire Rampants, Worgs in Utgarde Pinnacle,etc.
- PvP i fell the hunters really overpowered in BGs like Alterac & Arathi because of the big space we have and we can camp in places hard to be reach by other players, allowing us to just kill the players from the distance, in General i like how they work, but after some time playing them it gets really boring.
- What hunters need is to be able to use other kind of weapons, im tired of the rifle, bow and crossbow animation, my first hope of change came with Lord Godfrey and his dual weild guns, also his AOE ranged attack was awsome. Thats the kind of changes the hunters need. Also there is nothing interesting in the world for us. With the changes in the world during the Cataclysm, i was hoping to see rare pets traveling along the world, for example a rare tameable dragonhawk, flying all over a continent, waiting to be tamed. or a hidden unique Tiger in the jungles to be captured. The world fells really dead, and for being a hunter, we need a more interesting world to hunt.
- I play hunter because is the only class that doesnt make me fell tired of my character, with the ability to constantly changing my pet i'm able to change not only my gameplay but also the way other people look at my hunter and see me with a rare pet or an awsome pet that is easy to get.
- Sometimes i fell weak and tired of hunters, they have bad popularity and because of being only DPS makes them almost impossible to enjoy, long queu time for dungeons, pets attacking wrong targets, ugly armor designs (mail is a boring looking armor, i dont see anything special about using mail armor, lack of lore of what the armor are made of and boring colored armors during leveling), some pets are too hard to get and when they spawn some people kill them, just for the loot. The reason why i left my hunter is because i don't have anything else to do with it, he have the best item set, pets and there is nothing else to collect or hunt.
- Rotation in hunters is boring, the explosive arrow animation is the only one i like, arcane shot is boring and ugly because is getting old. Tracking, i never use it. Pets abilities sometimes are useless and make some pets really useless in the game (like Ravangers, Hyena, Serpents and many other pets with almost useless speacial abilities). Rotation in BM is boring, only have to hit some bottoms and the job is done
- Wish list: Re-designed old pets, Dual guns, Sharks and water pets, pets able to be used as mounts, flying pets that really fly, more "Bonus abilities" and Control pet just for fun.
- Tracks, Scare beast, Widow Venom, Distracting shot and some times Master Call
90 Orc Hunter
NOM
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PVP mainley. But I run dungeons, raids on occasion.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Random dungeons, sometimes.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• All of the above.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
    be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I love the class, just mechanics need fixed, made less clunky. Too many hot keys!!!

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Faulty mechanics.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities
    are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Kill Command feels clunky.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• If you could fix,
    -Pet health at 5k when summoned/revived.
    -Pets not jumping off of cliffs, sitting at the top of platform while I die below.
    -Trap launcher.
    -Aspect juggling.
    -Snake trap dots.
    -Dead zone. Not saying it needs removed, maybe bring it in a bit, so my hunter doesnt stand there frozen trying to decide what to do when an enemy is 5 yds from him.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]
    -widow's venom
    -tranq shot
    -eagle sight whatever its called
    -scare beast
    -explosive/immo trap
    -wing clip
    I do use all of these, it just seems we have alot of things that are only used for very specific situations. But are still needed, so they have to find somewhere on my keyboard, and I just dont have the space!
    92 Dwarf Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on?
    -Mainly PvE with some PvP background.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    -Raids (Both Heroic and Normal), and Heroic Dungeons.

-Purely QoL? Out of combat focus regen is annoying, and pet stances are still bugged. Minimum range is annoying but I understand the need for it to exist and the flavor it brings the class, some more powerful melee would be helpful.

-The mobility of the class has always been a selling point for me, and the utility in mob (pve) control is great as well.

-Anything that forces me to sit in minimum range in pve. On the flipside of the mob control I like so much, Hunters don't really have any options when it comes to defensive control. Outside of the full-stop that deterrence brings, we have nothing else.

-For MM and SV, I "feel" like Hunters rely far too much on Steady Shot/Cobra Shot, which leads to other problems. Such as a very tight rotation that we have to hold, which then leads to a clunky rotation when procs for abilities occur. These problems occur from having low regen and high costs.

-Better and normalized scaling across all three hunter specs. Survival will always be king in the beginning of an expansion but it falls behind very quickly. MM scales the best out of all three specs, but even then it's starting to fall behind in competitive pve.
    -CC that is far less fragile than it is now, and some kind of passive/active damage mitigation.

-Raptor Strike, useless outside of the glyph.
    -Counterattack.
    -Eagle Eye, fun but rarely used.
    -Snake Trap, useless outside of entrapment in pve, snakes die before poisons can go off in pvp.
    -Beast Lore, no longer needed since pets were homogenized.
    -Aspect of the Wild, no longer needed in raids.
    -Widow Venom, useless in raids, too high of a focus cost and too easily dispellable in pvp.
    -Immolation Trap, useless, Explosive Trap is better in every single way.
    Edited by Huntsin on 9/12/2011 12:07 PM PDT
    85 Draenei Hunter
    PVE

Raids, Heroic Raids

Dead zone. Having someone be able to stand right next to you and not being able to fight back is disappointing. I'm fairly sure many will agree with me that this is a quality of life issue.

A nice flow of abilities. The ability to use a variety of pets for different situations.

Things like Improved Steady Shot, I feel it doesn't last long enough at times.
    Sniper Training, having to stand still where most raids mechanics make you move frequently just seems counter productive.

Another big issue is pets dieing. Having to stand there for up to 10 seconds to revive a pet while any other class that uses a pet has a way to instantly revive it just seems absurd, especially for a class that relies fairly heavily on the pet.

Marksman - The overall feel is alright, however I despise the way Improved Steady Shot works. I really feel that maybe 2-4 seconds more would make it less obnoxious.

Survival - I honestly feel that Survival has the smoothest rotation of the 3 and can't really say anything bad about it except for Lock and Load and focus capping. With Arcane shot being on Lock and Load it causes 2 problems. There are times when you fire off an Arcane Shot and Lock and Load procs right before hand and you eat a charge. The second problem is there isn't really an effective way to not focus cap during Lock and Load.

Beastmaster - While I feel the rotation flows well, however there is a fatal flaw in Kill Command where often if a boss moves at all, more often than not the pets end up being out of range.

I would really like to see Kill Command reworked. Perharps something like it increasing the damage of your pets next basic attack.
    Seeing Heart of the Phoenix made into a hunter ability and not a pet ability would be nice.

Widow Venom, Scatter shot, Wing Clip, Counter Attack, Raptor Strike
    Edited by Igiarii on 9/12/2011 9:58 AM PDT
    85 Blood Elf Hunter
    Needed a second post...

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I think that the rotation is very good for Marks now(all I play, because I think its the most fun.)
    I hated the change to focus, but it makes me feel more involved now. I think my biggest issue with the rotation is the 5 stacks needed for Ready aim fire. I feel as though its too much, but I understand that it could scale to scary damage if overtuned.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? Legendary of course =P. But seriously I would like to see more traps. With Trap launcher I have been using traps more and more, and I think new traps with different utility would be cool. I also think it would be cool to see more melee abilities so we arent gimped if locked in melee. I would also like to see a cool ability that would work like army of the dead I.E. we can summon all of our active pets for a short time.(they would of course do reduced damage) I just think that summoning a horde of pets would be a cool ability. I would also like to see an item(s) that would allow us to tame pets we normally couldnt. Maybe a bow or staff that would allow us to tame dragons.(if I can ride them, I can probably convince them to fight with me...) Or a book that would permantly teach this. I.E Dragon taming rank 1. They could do slightly more dps then a normal pet, and it would scale well.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Snake Trap-In pve this has very little use for a global, and in pvp unless I spec into it, most die instantly.
    Flare-I remember this being faster in vanilla, as I could hit a rogue right after he vanished and get him. It just seems like I can use this ability in this way anymore, and I miss that.
    86 Goblin Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] : I mainly do PvE because i enjoy it more then PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Raids is where i put all my efforts in since now we don't even need to do any 5man if we clear 7/7 each week.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. : Id say the thing i dislike the most is probably about hunters is all the macros i need to use for thing that often should already be in the spell it self ei; i have to macro a /cast !auto shot in all my shots cause other wise if i start casting an steady / cobra shot my auto shot only starts at the end of the cast. And now since we can cast / auto shot while moving we needed to add a /stopcasting line in a deterrence and disengage macro. And i feel like mend pet should be off global cd too more often then not when your pet takes damage its not even your fault so its lame that we have to loose dps just to heal him.

What makes playing your class more fun?: the mobility fore sure, when i see a mage running around and he cast cast anything and we hunter can almost do 100% of our damage that really great. And also being able to solo old content for rare mounts really easily is really fun. Also the fact that you guys removed the minimum range that we need to stand for some bosses is really good too(like on chimeron)

What makes playing your class less fun: id would say its not having any CD that reduce the damage we take (like shield wall or barkskin) i know we have raptor strike but we need to be in melee to do that. At least now we have a little heal as MM and BM but i feel like SV should also have some sorts of heal.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) : the rotation is overall really good although i really don't like when you guys added the T12 4set bonus. things like that really messes with our rotation cause its random. i like it more when we could adjust out bonus in our rotation(just like T11 4set bonus). Other then that you guys did an amazing job with the focus mechanic it really does feel a lot *hunterish* then mana.

What’s on your wish list for your class?: Maybe some more stable space for our pets and like i said above i really feel like we should have some sorts of heal. maybe like aspect of the viper but instead of mana we should get HP back? i guess what i mean is like the new lock armor that heals him for a % of his dps thats a really neat mechanics.

What spells do you use the least?: Immolation Trap is really really bad, it does less damage then explo trap on single target. other then that i think all the others spell have their use in some situation.
    85 Troll Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Focusing on PvE, also PvP casually.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All of the above, but casually.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. The Dead Zone. It really limits my ability to contribute to some fights. For example - I find that it can be very problamitic during Baleroc. I also find that it's a huge liability during PvP. Kiting is an option - for PvP only.

Also, we have no possible way to remove DoT's. It's great to be able to kill a DoT class, but then to die 15s later can be quite frustrating. It would be nice to have Camouflage (a really frustrating skill as it is) have a component that removed magic effects and possibly bleeds.

What makes playing your class more fun? I enjoy the lore of the hunter, as well as the pet aspect. I love my pets, I love finding them, and I love taming them - especially the rare ones.

I also totally love the mobility that hunters provide - between AotF, and jump Disengage, we can get around really really well whilst still sending the pain downrange.

What makes playing your class less fun? We have a zillion abilities to micro-manage. Between the Pet and all its myriad of cool-downs, and the hunters - it can get to be quite a bit. Skill saturation I call it. I appreciate the skill required to fit it all in optiomally, it can set apart a good hunter from a great hunter. But often the penalty for trying to do the right thing, and screwing up/lag/bad luck can be too severe. GCD's are too valuable still to really mess around with them micro-managing abilities.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I actually feel that this is currently the strongest aspect of the hunter class. I enjoy playing all specs, and I enjoy the variation of rotation between them.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Ditch the dead-zone. Seriously - it's a bigger quality of life issue for me then feeding pets or ammo ever was.

What spells do you use the least? Aspect of the Wild, Immolation Trap, Kill Command when MM or SV, Widow Venom (this skill it terrible considering its cost and effect - a complete waste of focus in many PvP situations). And all of the melee abilities (except glyphed Raptor Strike for learning Nef), and honestly, there are many pet abilities I don't use as much as I should because I feel in many instances already pretty skill/time saturated, and while they may be optimal - it's a trade off between optimal/exceptional playing and acceptable playing with more tolerance for error.
    Edited by Hurarao on 9/12/2011 10:07 AM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]