37 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721383344

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

N/A

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All of the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Pet Pathing, LOS, Casting Slows, Low Pet Health at Spawn, Melee Range and being sat on, Long Pet Rez, no Dot Wipes, Focus Regen and long casts during PvP, clunky CC (Scatter Trap, then Launcher), outdated daze effect still applied to Pack and Cheetah, Kill Command often failing to hit/range issues, no significant Self Heal. Oh. and seriously, the new pet stances are pure crap. Put Defensive back to what it was before the changes. Not excessively micro-managing pets would be a definite QOL improvement.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Hypothetically - Being Competitive in Ranked PvP

What makes playing your class less fun?

See above - QOL statements

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

N/A

What’s on your wish list for your class?

See the link above which explains in extraordinary detail and rational terms my wish list for the Hunter Class, as well as those of most PvP Hunters

What spells do you use the least?

Immolation Trap, Widow Venom (not cost effective)
Edited by Augustskye on 9/13/2011 10:46 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

1 hour ago
90 Blood Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: heroics and pug raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: kill command, you normally would have to shoot the person first, for the pet to attack him, I worked around that by making a macro that casts /petattack first when I click kill command, but I think it should do that by default

What makes playing your class more fun?: ranged dps will little spell or cast time use, pokemon style of pet catching, ect

What makes playing your class less fun?: dependency on pet and good trap placement at times

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): both survival and bm are very easy rotations to maintain, I actually left marks because of constantly needing to maintain imp steady shot, which was very irritating to me

What’s on your wish list for your class?: the removal of imp steady shot, a little more added complexity to survival and bm, bm being a more viable pve spec

What spells do you use the least?: scare beast, immolation trap
85 Human Hunter
PvE

Working on heroic FL at the moment

Deadzone screwing me and horrible pet survivability.

Topping the DPS meter.

Stack up phases where the boss' hit box makes me unable to dps, even though you've worked on fixing this in FL and I appreciate it.
Cast speed debuffs

I think it's pretty great right now, but I do miss the old always instant aimed. I think that Ready, Set, Aim needs to be reworked in pvp though.

Better survivability, better trap mechanics, reworking of camouflage.

Widow venom (lol) and Raptor strike
86 Human Hunter
Fix the disappearing pet bar.
Give BM hunters a new "signature shot", or change the range limitation to Kill Command.
Remove the CD sharing between Black Arrow and fire traps.
Let us tame new pet families (hydras, charhounds, etc).

90 Human Hunter

Used to be only pvp, now both

Raids, 10-man.

Arenas and rated BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Snake trap still applies deadly poison to random targets.
Pet bar disappears randomly.
Pet pathing issues in any z-axis situation (dalaran sewers arena, blade's edge arena).
Pets spawning with 7k hp and getting oneshotted.
Survival is heavily dependent on damage over time effects, with no form of dispel protection for them.
Arcane mage spell "slow" still reduces ranged attack speed by 60% (it was never normalized when all the other attack speed slows were).
Traps now partially benefit from spell penetration, however the talent "Survival Tactics" is still required to fully prevent resists in pvp.

See quality of life issues. Also, attack speed slows (tclap, frost fever) reduce steady/cobra cast time and last for a very long time, greatly reducing our active regen.
Also, currently, rated pvp.

Wish hunters weren't hugely dependent on hardcasting steady/cobra shot in pvp, or had an instant shot (with a cooldown) to generate focus when dealing with line of sight issues. Works fine in pve.

Widow venom procs from chimera/explosive/kill command (based on spec). Survival spec defenses boosted (mirrored blades reduces the cooldown on deterrence in addition to adding the reflect?)
Trap+trap launcher = trap thrown onto target's chest, not under his feet (meaning scattershot is no longer required to set up a trap).
Freezing trap and Ice trap no longer share a cooldown, one (the CC) moved to nature traps to share with snakes instead).
Silencing shot lower in the marks tree or baseline as an interrupt (with the mm talent improving the shot).
Pvp glove bonuses and 4-set bonus changed to be useful (0.2 extra focus per second from the 4-set, it gives about an extra arcane shot every two minutes.)

Assuming this can include talents:
Counterattack.
Widow Venom.
Mirrored blades.
Counterattack.
Resistance is Futile.
Aspect of the Wild.
Pathfinding.
Snake Trap.
Counterattack.
Immolation Trap. (explosive is higher single target damage).
Camouflage. Great for camping stables but if you move they can see your nameplate.
Counterattack.
Edited by Arctos on 9/12/2011 10:09 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on?pvp

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

>What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?no longer having to resserect a dead pet in order to switch to another pet

>What makes playing your class more fun?hmm good question...i would say sniping people from a great distance and luring them into a trap like a true boss hunter do.

>What makes playing your class less fun?not being able to use my favorite specc because its not good enough.

>How do you feel about your “rotation”? good hunters know theres no rotation in pvp
>What’s on your wish list for your class?
1.hunters geting a move called "Decoy"-puting the hunter into a stealth leaving a visible lookalike in his place for 10 sec 2min CD. Got the idea from the movie Wanted and the game Halo Reach.
2.Letting Beast masters Fuse with there pets making them gain improved pet like abilities.Like the Halazzi fight in Zul Aman
3.fix the missing pet bar bug its plagued me for so long.
4.Get rid of minimum range we said this for years.
>What spells do you use the least? Mongoose bite,counter attack,widow venom,and aspect of the wild.
Edited by Thegmaster on 9/12/2011 10:12 AM PDT
85 Worgen Hunter

~Both

~Raids

~Arenas/BGs

~Pets, i love the fact of having a pet but the Pathing and abilitys are just not cutting it, and with BM I would expect our pets to be epic but they are lacking overall in apeal for creativity

Having a pet, and Some of the abilitys that make us unique like our traps

Having to Stand still and spam a set rotation

I Personally HATE Marksman, but it is sadly the only viable spec at the moment i loved raiding as Survival just for the sheer enjoyment of using my traps and explosive shot.

Make Each Spec Viable for raiding so each hunter can be unique and play for their playstyle not their Numbers

Tranquilizing Shot
90 Orc Hunter
# What type of content do you focus on? PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids and Heroic Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Making Camouflage an aspect instead of a spell

# What makes playing your class more fun? Soloing old instances

# What makes playing your class less fun? Casting Camouflage every 60 seconds :)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I love SV and BM rotations, MM could use some work

# What’s on your wish list for your class? Giving our pets gear slots like collars or rings. Also giving us a ranged interrupt that lines up with the 6-10 sec CD like other classes.

# What spells do you use the least? Kill Command (unless BM) and Counterattack
85 Troll Hunter
pve

raids and heroics

the minimum range sucks i get why its there but it does suck in raids when you have to stack. for instance in baradin hold on the Occu'thar fight when you have to stack for eyes it would be nice since i play survival to be able to use my black arrow on the boss instead of skipping it in my rotation to keep my Explosive Trap cool down ready and when i stack most of the time we stack right on the boss dps goes way down because of this. not having a self heal is also a pain in the A.

What’s on your wish list for your class
give hunters back Replenishment i know as crazy as it sounds we were forced to bring a resto druid or ret pally to our raid just for this reason, i would not even mind if it were made a glyph of some kind since our minor glyphs are really weak you could put it there like each time you crit with steady shot or cobra shot you will gain Replenishment(sounds win to me). a self heal would be nice. i would really like to see you guys put your foot down and say this is how the specs go just as an example beast mastery tree is for leveling marksman is for pvp and survival is for raiding. give every spec a pet that can heal if your not going to give us a self heal.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
i feel the survival and bm rotation are about right maybe a little more focus regen would be nice so i could put a few more arcane shots out while Explosive Shot is on cool down. as far as marksman rotation it can get a little wonky at times maybe a few more seconds on improved steady shot would help improve the rotation.

What spells do you use the least
Eagle Eye not even sure if its still in game that is how much i use it
Immolation Trap i can count on one hand how many times i have used this in four years
Beast Lore i have never used this
Scare Beast think i used this one time when i was around level 20 or so

the global cool down on hunters mark, its a pain on trash to have to put up in the middle of your rotation
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Pet pathing. During arena matches, say, Blades Edge, everyone knows that running our pets to the middle of the bridge, then jumping off causes the pet to go a LONG way around to the ramp to get down there. Same with the Dalran sewers. If the hunter can jump down without taking falling damage, why does the pet not jump down? Also, when we use a bird pet, the bird should be able to fly around these places with ease.

The other major quality of life issue I have is people being able to stop us from doing any dps by simply crowding us. For instance, warriors have so many gap closers it's very hard to get and keep enough range to do damage. With Arenas having so freaking many Line of Sight objects for people to hide behind, i spend my entire match being pillar humped, or, having the melee leg hump...enough humping already.
85 Worgen Hunter
• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE
• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Casted shot to regenerate Focus to use abilities. PVE it is not bad PVP Arrrrggggg.
• What makes playing your class more fun?
The ability to have a diverse set of skills for most situations.
• What makes playing your class less fun?
Minimum range
Still have a small dead zone where ranged (everything) and melee (auto attack) will not work, though raptor strike and wing clip can still be used.

The abilities to get out of melee combat either have to long of a cooldown or do not remove a movement emparing effects putting us right back into melee.
• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation in general is not bad, though some casts times like aimed shot could be lowered slightly with the change to careful aim.
“Ready Aim Fire” proc not updating fast enough. I can be well into a cast before it recognizes that it is ready.
• What’s on your wish list for your class?
Revamp of trap launcher to direct arrows or at least a smoother on use.
Better damage from Kill shot.
Decent self heal
Better mastery for marks. reviving a talent with a bonus % is kinda horrid
My ultimate wish would be the 3 specs get changed slightly.
-Beast mastery = Mostly Pet with ability to call second pet for X time. Second pet attacks the same target as the original pet.
-Survival = Current hunter to pet damage ratio
-Marksman = No pet, talented so when out soloing you lose the bonus damage of not having one. IE you can still go farm with a pet but you do not get the higher damage as if you did not have one out.
• What spells do you use the least?
Snake trap, immolation trap, Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack, The daze kills it’s use for anything other than running around the fountain in Stormwind. Snake Trap, Feed pet
Edited by Gonstackk on 9/13/2011 3:13 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Both

Heroics and 10 mans

Arena and rated bgs

I would love to see misdirection at level 70 again, as to help with aggro for level 70 raiders.

I love that auto attacking can be done while moving, as well as aspect of the fox. HUGE fun improvement for me.

Disengage only in combat =[

No problems, i enjoy it quite a bit.

Misdirect at 70

Beast lore. I love widow venom...
90 Dwarf Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The current state of pets with their unreliable nature and buggy AI. Even with using pet attack macros and using Passive, my pet will frequently attempt to run back to me, causing loss of DPS time.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
When I can play the specs I enjoy (Survival and Beast Mastery.) Marksmanship is a clunky mess.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Being forced into a single spec as a Pure that happens to be the most clunky and unfluid of our specs. If you polled every single raiding Hunter on what their favorite spec is, you would maybe get 5% saying Marksmanship.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Survival and Beast Mastery feel extremely fluid and is the reason why they've been so well received by the Hunter community. Priority systems such as those work wonders for adding compelling gameplay, whereas clunky full rotations such as Marksmanship are looked down on.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
I would like to see Survival and Beast Mastery brought up to cbe feasible options somewhere. Currently, Marksmanship has been built up as the end all be all of our specs. It has far superior AoE, far superior single target, an interrupt, double Rapids for burst scenarios, is our designated PvP spec, and is also the best leveling and soloing spec now with Aimed Shot burst and Chimera self heal. The other specs need to be competitive somewhere or at least have a niche role and strength.

■What spells do you use the least?
Immolation Trap. The DoT effect is not worth the GCD it takes to cast for it's pathetic damage and it is out DPSed by Explosive Trap even on single target for Beast and Marksmanship (Survival excluded here because of Black Arrow.) Runners up go to Raptor Strike, Snake Trap, and Widow Venom.
Edited by Bullettime on 9/12/2011 10:31 AM PDT
85 Troll Hunter

Mainly PVE

Mainly Raids

Mainly BGs

1) Still being the only class dealing with the min range issue is getting tiresome.
2) Disengage only working in combat =( why can mages, warriors and locks blink, leap and teleport out of combat?
3) Aspect of the Cheetah - why the daze? no other class gets penalized for using a speed increase like hunters, rogues go even faster when there invisible. it also does not fall in line with the other aspects, aspects are supposed to be a beneficial aspect you can use, no?
Hawk - (+ attack poser ) no punishment for being in
Fox - (+ cast while moving) no punishment for being in
Viper <not in game anymore> - (faster mana regen) no punishment for being in
Cheetah - (small speed increase) nearly certain death when used anytime it would be useful
4) No Self Healing as Survival (look closely at the name of the spec and ponder the meaning of the word oxymoron) and weak self heals in other specs (weaker than other class dps specs)

Using bows and the rugged tracker/hunter/marksman feel. would love move variation in specs.

Min range, even harder pet control (with the latest change), no spec diversity (no tank or healing spec, and all dps specs pretty much the same)

Can't really complain about the rotations currently, seems to be more haste dependent that even before (but that might be a good thing), i was always a fan of mana over focus but have learned to deal with the the lack of burst and ss/cs regen phases and its reasonably smooth.

Min range removal and a tank or healing spec. I feel BM lends its self well to a tank spec in a merge with pet type mode. ZA bosses make me, as a troll hunter, very giddy about a spec in which i could merge with my pet and tank.

Widow Venom, immolation trap, .....
Edited by Gillbert on 9/12/2011 10:31 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter

PvE

Raids

pet bar bug

being a physical ranged class

minimum range on bosses and pet control its really boring and the pets are kinda dumb.

All of the hunter rotations are pretty easy marks is a joke when you get gear, adding another option for a focus dump would be nice, or a 30 second cooldown move would be nice.

Having a spec that didnt use a pet would be cool

Widow Venom
85 Blood Elf Hunter
PvP

I do heroics here and there, raiding is all the same nowadays.

All of the above, but Hunter's are terrible in Arena outside of a few select compositions.

Quality of life for Hunter's these days is nice, having no mana/ammo has been great.

I personally just like the Ranger archetype. Being a ranged physical damage dealer is my cup of tea.

Constantly having to make sure I'm staying at ranged when other classes have SO many ways of making that not possible. Master's Call only lasts so long, disengage is only usable every so often. When you are getting constantly slowed by crippling poison/chains of ice/etc. it makes it really frustrating.

The rotations are fine, I like Survival the most. It's fun going through a rotation then having to switch it up slightly for when TNT procs.

Remove the deadzone for our ranged attacks. There's really no reason I shouldn't be able to shoot my bow/gun while someone is close to me.

Widow Venom, 10% reduction to healing? For 15 focus? When healers are seriously overpowered? Garbage. Warrior's get a 10% reduction to healing debuff just by using one of their main rotation skills (Mortal Strike) Either up the healing reduction or tie Widow Venom into one of the Hunter's core rotation abilities.

Immolation Trap, I always resort to Explosive instead of Immolation. Up the damage since it's single target.

Aspect of the Cheetah, really no use for it especially since the silly daze mechanic is still applied to it.

Raptor Strike, doesn't really need an explanation. Why waste time using raptor strike when I should be getting out of melee ranged because we're forced to? Again, ties to the deadzone issue. Remove the silly deadzone and we're fine.
90 Orc Hunter

PVE

Raids

Pet bar disappearing is slightly annoying.

When there's something to actually do. Kiting, some form of job like that would be amazing instead of: Stand, shoot, wait.

The fact that no matter how you look at it MM is the top raiding spec, while SV and BM seem to be way more fun. They just don't have the damage to really get up there with those 75k Aimed shots. A slight buff to explosive shot (even just the crit bonus) and a small buff Kill command could easily fix these.

As MM it's okay, as SV it's okay, as BM it's okay. But that's the thing, it's just okay. This is were It gets wierd, cause I can't think of anything to really make our rotation more fun or in depth without making hundreds cry out in pain.

Other then the usual stupid stuff, I'd like a glyph for BM that lets us dismiss pets instantly, allowing me to switch from my single target, to a aoe pet on the fly. You'd have to fix the double call of the wild buffs and other things like that.

Snake trap/Eagle eye/Beast lore/Immolation trap/
100 Tauren Hunter
PvE

Raids, heroicslol

sometimes BGs when I get forced into it.

Minimum range. MINIMUM RANGE. Remove it from all bosses plzkthx. I respect the removal for Mdomo, but not Rhyo? come on.

No mana, improved mobility.

Minimum range, lack of a decent self heal.

MM's rotation is by far the most complicated, in that it's entirely situational/priority based, which is fine. Especially now with haste being so integral to how MM operates. It's fine with me, really.

Decent self heal, no min range in PvE, a hunter melee spec would be kind of neat, like something where BM attacks with/on their pet maybe? I don't know, it would be kind of cool for funsies.

Widow's venom
85 Goblin Hunter

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    At various times, both.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Currently just heroics, but I have raided in the past and probably will raid again in the future.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Battlegrounds, battle grounds, and more battlegrounds. No RBGs yet, but that's a function of my life schedule rather than a dislike for the idea.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Now that the pet spawning has been addressed (especially in BGs -- having a pet die instantly because it spawned with a mere 6k health really sucked) quality of life is fine.

Maybe making Trap Launcher not so stupidly, unnecessarily complex to use. Why do I have to press two buttons to do one thing? Y u no one button, trap launcher!?

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    The feeling I can do anything if I need to -- I have the tools to deal with just about any situation (tank dies in a heroic, soloing the Molten Front mini-bosses, escaping getting ganked by that one damn rogue, etc.)

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    The fact that I can only do anything if I have the proper set-up time. Wrong pet out? Nope, sorry, can't tank that boss. Deterrence on CD? Well, that rogue is gonna eat me alive. Hey, is that a protadin? Only way I can kill him is if I hide behind this row of healers and hope he doesn't notice me...

I guess the main issue is that hunters have to be proactive, and can have trouble reacting. If I get a drop on someone or something then I win -- heck, if they don't see me while they are doing something else I can even get your average frost mage. Basically, however, my CDs are evenly matched with the CDs of most other classes (except, of course, frost mages, but that's a problem everyone has) but my resources are generally more limited. So PvP encounters usually come down to who gets the first move in. If they get the jump on me, it's often difficult to get the upper hand, because as soon as I almost do I have to strafe and steady shot and hope I don't die.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    It's in a good spot -- predictable enough, but still requires some attention. Focus in PvP is the only 'rotational' problem I have.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A reliable self heal, or a dot-scrub, or a way to share damage with my pet (in other words, something more generally useful than than the overly-situational Roar of Sacrifice). Hunters are the only class that can't recover health or cope with predictable incoming damage, like a Shadow Priest's dots. It sucks knowing you are gonna die but having nothing you can do.

Not being able to Cloak or Iceblock or recover crazy amounts of health using Victory Rush or a ghoul sacrifice is a bigger hindrance to hunters than our weakness in melee range, in my humble opinion -- and it's unlcear what we get in exchange for this lack. Tradeoffs are cool, but only when what you get is equal to what you give up.

• What spells do you use the least? Raptor Strike, times one billion. Yeah, it might be nice when glyphed (and maybe could even solve some of the issues I discussed above) but man, I have to many keybinds as is, I can't fit it in anywhere.

Oh yeah, and Widow Venom (seriously, it's crap). And the pet Disarm (give up a stun for a situational ability? Um... no.). And all the cool stuff we lost when Chimera Shot lost its chimerical nature.
Edited by Snotfist on 9/12/2011 10:18 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]