(Locked)

90 Troll Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-Both
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Heroics and Raids
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-Arenas (just for conquest points) and BGs
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Not having a heal ability unless I have a Spirit Beast out and use its heal for myself
-The daze effect from Aspect of the Cheeta/Pack
-Clunky CC in PvP
-Camouflage is kinda useless
■What makes playing your class more fun?
-I love being able to kite and having a pet
■What makes playing your class less fun?
-Freezing Trap breaking from one hit, Snake/Immolation/Explosive Trap's damage is very low
-Glitchy pets and clunky/outdated abilities
-Not being able to use Deterrence while carrying a flag in BG
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-Kill Command's range needs to be adjusted
-Maybe remove the minimum range on Steady/Cobra Shot? That way we can still do some damage in melee range and have focus regen
■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Heal ability
-Improve current traps/CC
-More stable slots
-Bring Eyes of the Beast and Aspect of the Beast back
-Better pet pathing
■What spells do you use the least?
-Widow Venom
-Raptor Strike
-Aspect of the Wild
Edited by Asejia on 9/12/2011 10:23 AM PDT
85 Draenei Hunter
Guess I'll give my two cents.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I'm a heavy PvE player and have focused very little in terms of PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I'm a raider, currently 2/7 Heroic FL (as of last night :) ) I don't dungeon all that often unless I need my VP for the week (new raid patch)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Aside from the occasional BG or two, I don't PvP all that often, and never arena.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

There have been a lot of changes in the past few years that have considerably changed the class of the hunter, requiring much less micromanagement throughout the day. The abolition of ammo and pet happiness has been a tremendous help in the day-to-day activities of hunters. As far as my current issues, It's hard to say. I feel that Hunters are overall in a good place right now in the game PvE wise.

Right now pet control is a little chunkly with the new pet stay command.

Focus has been one of the best changes to the Hunter class. Thanks!

Although it's a VAST improvement from TBC and early Wrath, I still find some fights difficult/Annoying with the minimum range. Baelroc comes to mind. Gathering for a melee crystal often makes it difficult to gauge how close I can be without sacrificing dps.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Mobile attacking. Since Cata I've found that Aspect of the Fox has been a very fun, and still today I love Disengage. The ability to get from one place to another quickly in a fight without too much loss in overall dps is satisfying. I do, however wish AotF didn't nerf my damage so much since I can't be in Hawk.

What makes playing your class less fun?

I'd love to raid as BM, I find it a fun spec when faffing about. However it's not viable in today's raid game.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

MM: MM rotation is very fun. Managing to have just enough focus when Chimera Shot comes off CD is a pretty good feeling. There's nothing quite like the love I have when I get Aimedshot proc and T12 procs too.

Survival: This feels much more 'rotationy' than MM. A little stagnant and boring. ES procs are always fun though

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Aspect of the cheetah without daze. Never gonna happen, so I'll give my second.

Disengage without combat. Okay, I always love this, but I know blizzard doesn't want hunters jumping everywhere, so let's hit my third.

Removal of Trap Launcher and replace with individual skills. Now I hate the skill bloat we have (my biggest complaint in wrath) and maybe a couple skills can be removed. However, ever since Cata beta, I have never liked the implementation of the Trap Launcher. It's the clunkiest mechanic the hunter arsenal has. I miss Ice Arrow. It was a much smoother implementation.

What spells do you use the least?

My trap launcher. Use this sparingly in raids. Only if I can't get to a position without sacrificing life or damage do I use it.

Widow Venom is worthless and could be removed as the effect is weak. Maybe it has good PvP uses, I wouldn't know.

Beast Lore: I think I used this a couple times in Vanilla

Everything else has a lot of utility and situational uses (even snake trap)
85 Draenei Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Pvp

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] None

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena, Bg's and Rated BG's when I can.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. My biggest one is having to use two handed Meele weapons on a Ranged class. Personally I think that is outdated and would relieve some of the Hunter Hate, that is so prevalant in the game and community now. I would like to suggest putting in Dual Wielding Pistols and Two Handed Ranged weapons. By doing that hunters can receive a HUNTER ONLY weapon choice that will not piss off the warriors and other Meele fighters when it drops from there little pve stuff. Also it will feel more at home when my hunter has two pistols at side or a bow strapped to there back instead of a polearm. In essence get rid of Raptor strike and give hunter pure Ranged. No more meele.

■What makes playing your class more fun? Pets, Ranged Weapons, and the "Stalking predator feel."

■What makes playing your class less fun? Hunter's lack of the "Stalking Hunter" Feel. Camo is great but it doe's'nt last long. I would like to see either a longer duration on Camo or an actual stealth component.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It works, BM is pretty solid. Beastial Wrath is Awesome.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? Dual Pistols, Two Handed Ranged weapons, More Stalking Hunter Feel. More Cool pet's to tame, A more cooler Hunter's mark. I envision one like the targeting laser for the Predator, in the Predator Movies.

■What spells do you use the least? Raptor Strike, Distracting shot, Immolation trap.
85 Tauren Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas,Rated BGs, and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Melee weapons are displayed on a hunter's back when the melee weapon is of little importance.

What makes playing your class more fun? Rotation and utility.

What makes playing your class less fun? Ice trap/trap launcher seems to be one of the more clunkier CCs in pvp. Pve only one explosive trap per hunter, especially when there is more than one surv hunter, Is a bit saddening.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) For MM I think the rotation is where it should be. For Surv I think adding the dmg bonus when Black Arrow is up would be a nice incentive to actually try harder to keep it up and make deciding wether or not to use it on explosive trap and Black Arrow a bigger decision.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A less clunkier CC for and maybe steady shot/cobra shot extending the duration for widow venom in pvp. For pve Hunters mark giving attack power to everybody instead of just ranged would be nice but that seems like a bit much.

What spells do you use the least? Widow venom, Immolation trap, and killshot.
85 Troll Hunter
-Both

-Raids

-Rated BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
There are two for me.

One:Ranged Deadzone, Although hunters have abilities to get away from other classes. In many situations this becomes an issue. RBG's for instance, If my trap is on CD or if my Disengage in on CD, I have no way to really close the gap unless I get a 3rd parties assistance. Now I'm not saying to make deadzone removed all the time (Although it would be nice) I am saying allow one of our cds to let us not be dead zoned for..lets say 10-15 sec?

Two:Improved Steady Shot Buff (Marks): This ability as you know is extremely important for hunters. What a quality of life change would be, would be to increase the duration of it from 8 sec, to 10 sec. This may seem small, but it would greatly alleviate the stress of trying to fit in the perfect (2 steady shots, 1 Chimera shot, [2arcane shots/1aimed shot]).

Shooting bows and sending a very angry sporebat to crush my enemies.

As with any class, Not being able to choose what spec I want to play because others perform much higher.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I feel as though the rotation itself is fine. the problem comes down to Improved steady shot for marksman. As I said above, the buff itself makes the tight rotation of (4 steady, 1chimera, 2arcane/1aimed shot) much more stressful. The reason why this is stressful is because, if a latency spike happens, or a FIRE! proc (Instant aimed shot) it puts added stress because we are clipping that second steady either just as ISS is falling off, or it has fell off, meaning we now have 1.8 sec Steady shot, the .2 within itself seems excessively small, but over a fight it effects more than just steady, but also auto shot, which both effect wild quiver.

Dual Pistols.
Reworking of Survival to make it more competitive in damage.

• Distracting shot, Eagle Eye, Immolation Trap
12 Undead Rogue
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both. Maybe content with both combined. Take old AV for example. It had elements of both and it meshed well.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• A few new Heroics are always welcome, as are raids. Some challenging solo content would be amazing too. Something similar to the old Hunter quests or the Dragonwrath quest chain that require you to solo certain parts.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• BGs most interest me and to a lesser extent RBGs. Old AV returned to the game would be a nice start. Having some heavily lore based BG that makes use of important lore figure NPCs that can potentially aid your side would be nice.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Fix trap launcher, it is horrible to try and macro. It should function like a toggle or stance. If not that, then it should have no cost and be off the GCD. Remove the minimum range for Hunters. It affects both PvE and PvP. For example, my guild likes to stack on Baleroc's behind for crystal spawns and I'm forced to melee and it greatly hinders my DPS output. Yes, my guild can change strats but they won't and this is a large issue for me. Minimum range should be removed. Also greatly lower the cast time of Revive Pet.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Mostly the idea of pewpewing stuff with a bow. I have a fondness for archery.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Minimum range. Clunky Trap Launcher. Revive Pet takes way too long to cast.
    Attack speed slows such as Frost Fever should NOT slow the casting time of Steady Shot/Cobra Shot. It effectively destroys our focus regen, snowballing our damage in a negative way.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Rotation is fine really. It has some static aspects but the nature of content causes you to have to improvise at times. There are a few different ways to go about achieving maximum efficiency for various specs.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Toggled or no cost, off the gcd Trap Launcher and no minimum range. Revive pet reduced to 3 second cast. Attack speed slows such as Frost Fever should NOT slow the casting time of Steady Shot/Cobra Shot.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Aspect of the Wild. Widow Venom. Immolation trap. Counter attack (never even spec into the worthless talent).
    Edited by Inri on 9/12/2011 10:31 AM PDT

Both

Raids

Arena/Rated BG's

Having to Aspect swap every 10 seconds gets annoying.
    Having no deadzone would be nice.

Lately, it hasn't been.

Dieing from one set of dots from warlocks.
    Deadzone

In PVE, Marksman is a priority rotation, I don't mind it.

-Deterrence- Remove Dots as well
    -Replace Counter-Attack with Imp Wing-Clip
    -Remove dead zone or make max range 45 yards
    -Combine Aspect of Fox/Hawk
    -PVP set bonus changed to Disarm immunity 60% or .2 sec off steady/cobra, (sad a warlock debuff can negate our set bonus and another 5% with Jinx and lower our damage by 10% at the same time)
    -Remove deadly poison from snake trap
    -Make trap launcher cost no focus
    -PVP Gloves change -2 seconds off traps to arcane shot cost a % less focus.
    -Make Camouflage have a more useful aspect to it.

Counter Attack, Widow Venom, Immolation Trap,

Thanks for doing this.
    Edited by Exposed on 9/12/2011 10:35 AM PDT
    90 Worgen Hunter
    PVE with my hunter

Heroic 5-mans and Raids

Not enough Pet slots. I thank you for the boost in slots that was made recently, however when you are BM, You gather a lot of pets. I love to have all of the exotic pets i can get. With all the different animal types/colors, we need more slots in the stables.

Feels like you're a sniper, able to blast opponents away. Watching my hunter line up his shot with gun, or pulling back on his bow, makes me feel more like i am the hunter. I also tend to become attached to my pets.

BM. I love to gather combat pets. Yet, even as a Beast Master, I am unable to tame all of the beasts.

Perfect. Not too complicated to where i cant teach it to new players, but no easy enough to where i dont need to pay attention.

Allow BM to tame any animal in the game. I understand there is a technical limitation with this, but allowing that would mean they are a true beast master.

Also, BM needs to become more viable in raids. Have a talent point that boosts pets damage, even more so. Since he is a Beast Master, then let the beast do as much DPS as the actual hunter. You could even make it so the exotic pets are the only ones that can do that much damage.

Widow Venom.
    90 Tauren Hunter
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE with a little bit of PVP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids and Heroic Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs and Attempting to do Arena

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I think there should be more weapons similar to thoridal with special shot effects. Besides that I cannot really think of any others.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    I could list off basically everything that a hunter can do as what makes it more fun. Ive been playing a hunter as my main since Vanilla, and have had several hunters are one time at max level (in BC). I also have one of every class as it is and i still prefer the hunter for everything they can do, mainly their utility. Im usually the one chosen for any of the "Special mechanics" in Raids since I usually can do them and still do my job since my class allows it.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    To be honest, as much as I love focus for some reasons, i absolutely hate it for others. PVP for instance, we have to usually stay in Aspect of the Fox almost 100% of the time. This causes a huge blow to our offensive power by losing 30% of our Attack power. The other issue with Focus is the fact that we are completely out with 2 shots and the time it takes to regenerate it when having pressure put on us feels like an eternity. I am not saying it is impossible but it can be very frustrating at some times. (excluding Beast Master)

I dont know if it is true but I have been told that a hunters pressence in the PVP statistics is one of the lowest representations. If that is true, I have a strong feeling that it is due to the above.

The other big thing that kind of bothers me is the Aspect of the Fox/Hawk thing with PVE. Firelands, especially adding the Heroic versions contains an awful lot of movement. There are very very little Stand and nuke situations. Due to this we are either Aspect Dancing A LOT or we are staying in Fox for a significant amount of time. This wasnt a big deal when it was a toss up between Stand and Nuke fights (where we would top the charts) and Movement fights where we would come semi high or middleground for DPS. But now we have classes who can do just as much DPS as we would do on stand and nuke fights, while they are moving. And when there ARE stand and nuke opportunities, those classes and others can do even more.

The loss of Aspect of the Hawk i feel is a major player in the situation with all of the movement fights, as Raid buffed we lose roughly 15% of our AP by going Fox.

I number crunch every little thing I can for the hunter, and for our raid comp etc... And I didnt feel this way until recently, as the hunter numbers are lower gear levels were significantly higher than other peoples. (when other raid members were doing 15k, i was doing 20k, when they were doing 20k, i was doing 25k)... However as the gear has increased, it seems like my DPS increase tapered right off while my guildies ramped right up, surpassing me. I really do feel this is due to the amount of movement fights with the heroic versions and less being able to stand still.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I enjoy the rotation actually. It isnt too easy if played properly, and it isnt too hard. Sometimes it can be a little unforgiving, but how much fun would it be if it was too forgiving.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    An Aspect that combines Hawk and Fox maybe, or even just removing Fox and giving us the ability to fire steady/cobra while moving period. Could also make it a glyph just like Shaman have with their Lightning Bolt.

Stronger Traps. I dont think it is out of the question for Explosive trap to hit like a truck considering it is on a large cooldown.

More animations for ranged weapons shots, similar to Thoridal.

# What spells do you use the least?

I had to think long and hard about this, but I think in terms of being able to use a shot when its optimal... Kill Shot is the least used. In terms of an Execute, it is quite anti-climatic. The shot is one of the weakest in our shot rotation and if you are trying to keep a true full uptime on procs/buffs, it is totally possible to not even have a chance to use the shot due to the weakness compared to Aimed/Chimera.

The other shot is Arcane, but that has only happened recently as I have went with a build favoring high Haste for Hard aimed casts.
    Edited by Hannibull on 9/12/2011 10:26 AM PDT
    Well, it would have been easier to just give a link to either Reedful's or Bandet's threads but...

• Both

• Raids

• Arenas, BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • Why are traps spells? And why can't I use them while silenced? Am I uttering magical words while laying a trap?. The new assist stance is a atrocity compared to aggressive stance which is compounded by the terrible pet pathing issues. Our resource system "Focus" is terrible for PvP, mainly because it relies heavily on a casted ability that can easily be LoS'd or minranged. Traps also need a lot of love. A decent self heal outside of spirit beasts would be nice as well.

• Having 3 viable specs, for either PvP or PvE. Something other than MM please. Also, I like distracting shot a lot.

• Facing a dot class with pillars in the area. Trap launcher being on the GCD list.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • Easy boring. Of particular note, the fact that all 3 hunter specs use almost identical skillsets is pretty lame. If a mage wants to mix up their playstyle, they can switch from arcane to fire or frost and it becomes a completely different style of play. Surv and BM, while different, are very similar to MM in execution of abilities.

• A melee spec for the class.

• [/ul][/quote]

Things I don't use: Anything in BM/Surv tree *cough Counter Attack*, widow venom, immo trap, raptor strike, kill command (really, it's just a BAD version of a felhunter's Shadow Bite), wing clip, aspect of the cheetah/pack/wild, half of the tracking abilities (elementals, giants, etc.), Beast Lore, cobra shot (take a wild guess why).

Things I infrequently: Ice trap (same cd as freezing? really?), snake trap (mainly used as a root, unless I'm worried about the "deadly" poison breaking cc), tranq shot unless I'm the only offensive dispeller in the group.

Hope this gave some useful insight.
    Edited by Brokenjaw on 9/12/2011 4:22 PM PDT
    85 Night Elf Hunter

BOTH

Raids
    Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be
    considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Back to Quiver, just for cosmetic for hunters.

I'll like more if some cool spells have more utiliy like camouflage or eagle eye.

poor self-heal

marksmanship have a poor rotation, making our dps variable in each fight,

quiver - just for cosmetic (diferents bags show diferent quiver in display)
    no deadzone
    self-heal
    two pets at the same time with BM
    new spell effect to deterrance (winds, or blur while deterrance)

eagle eye, mongoose bite,
    90 Blood Elf Hunter

Both.

Questing, achievements, old and new raids, dungeons, heroics

Arena and random BG's.

Hunters are extremely limited in PvP due to focus regen being tied to a casted shot.
    We have the most difficult CC in PvP, using Scatter Shot as a Pre-CC, plus placing a trap.
    Hunters have no melee ability.
    Pet AI is terrible and the new stances just made it worse.
    Dual wielding would be a nice option again.
    Tree diversity would be nice as well. Right now all three trees do the same thing-put SS up, refresh it, and spam a signature shot on CD.
    MM is the only viable spec in PvE AND PvP. It would be great to use the others.
    Abilities like Counterattack are absolutely useless, yet it has remained untouched.
    SV needs direction. It needs to focus on Traps and venoms and such. Right now it has no flavor.

I love playing hunter/ranger/archer type classes. Bows are my favorite weapon.

Being gimped in PvP because of the aforementioned reasons.
    Not being able to play competitively with SV or BM.

I would like it if each tree had a distinctive rotation. They all do the same thing. Put up Serpent, hit signature shot, spam Cobra/Steady until Signature shot comes off CD. Absolutely identical rotations. They need more uniqueness.

Also, MM having so many different rotations, according to EJ, is crazy. A different rotation for 3 phases in the fight, then they are all different depending on if you have bloodlust/rapid fire up.

SV to be made into a tree that focuses on traps, melee attacks, defensive escapes, and other ranger/survival type things.

BM to be given a reason to exist besides collecting unique pets.

Less keybinds and abilities. We have sooooo many to manage.

Aspects to be about choice, instead of just being macroed into every shot.

So many of the hunter ability names need to be redone. Chimera shot has nothing to do with Chimeras. Black Arrow is nothing like it's original, also it was made obsolete by trap launcher. Arcane shot? Hunters have nothing to do with the Arcane arts.

What is the point of having both Steady shot and Cobra Shot? They need to be merged.

We need some passive damage mitigation. Every other agility class can dodge, except us.

We need a self heal or a DoT remover.

Camouflage has no reason to exist other than solo old content. It is so incredibly useless for anything competitive.

The abilities learned from 81-85 are a joke. Cobra shot is needed by SV and BM much earlier and Camo is totally useless for everything that counts.

Counterattack
    Aspects are never used intelligently, they are just macroed into shots.
    Aspect of the Wild
    Immolation Trap
    Wing Clip
    Raptor Strike
    Widow Venom
    Snake Trap
    Camouflage
    Kill Command (MM and SV)
    Steady Shot (BM and SV)
    Arcane Shot (SV)
    Edited by Brocksley on 9/12/2011 10:39 AM PDT
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Everything, Heroics, Raids, Old content

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena, BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Poor pet pathing and control, too glitchy. Terribly clunky crowd control for pvp. The inability to do hardly anything to anyone who can LoS, particularly in Dalaran Sewers arena. Aspect Dancing is clunky. Focus is too hard to gain in pvp when being focused by others. Camouflage only usable at the start of arena, unable to feign> Camouflage. any when other players or creatures get right on top of u very little u can do to hurt them u can disengage but that has a cool down so id like to see hunters kinda be more balanced like have some smash mouth ranged abilities but have some sort of ability or two that can help if we get dragged into a melee fight or are forced to stack up with everyone eles. and the amount of focus we have compared to how much each of our shots use to what the shots do for damage doesn't always seem sufficient like even mages can out dps us with very little effort

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Soloing old content, when cc actually works.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Being LoSed into the ground, cc failing because of how terrible it works, glitchy abilities, aspect switching constantly, Survival spec being currently useless both in pvp and pve, being focus starved because our resource is tied to a shot that can easily be stopped. Camouflage being nearly useless outside of soloing old content. Inability to fire in short range makes certain pve encounters tedious.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

PvE rotation is fine right now, I have no real problems with any spec.
    PvP can be terribly focus starved if you are being attacked by more than one opponent.
    and rotations are clunky no matter what spec whether you are mm survival or beast the rotation is clunky and drawn out

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Better cc (we need a freezing shot, not just a trap with loading time that fails.)
    Slightly higher natural focus regen, slightly lower steady/cobra gain.
    A smaller close range gap (though not nonexistent), so that we can actually hit people who try to LoS up close.
    Survival to be changed to work with weapon damage so that it can actually scale with gear correctly.
    Multiple bugs and glitches to be fixed, many of which are pet related.
    -% healing built into one of our main shots.
    like make hunters more of a balance of what they are a hunter should be able to survive in both melee and ranged yes they should be able to do better in ranged but also in melee to and instead of hunter stats being tied to staffs or polearms why not make hunters use more swords, daggers and axes along with a bow or gun or even maybe duel wielding pistols with like a dagger and for camo to actually work and add a bonus upon attack and if the enemy isn't focusing on u for you to be able to sneak back into it and use it again cause if the enemy cant see u how can you camo be broken
    # What spells do you use the least?

Widow Venom, short time, low negation, focus cost, not worth using.
    Eagle Eye
    Beast Lore
    Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack, daze makes it pointless in pvp, minimal use in pve.
    Immolation trap, low damage, no point. Minimal use in pvp with entrapment.
    Raptor Strike, no use in pve, very little use in pvp if any at all.
    so instead of having these kinda useless things why not replace them with things that we can use more effectively and efficiently
    85 Human Hunter
    Buff aim shot it's stupid when my chimera shot does more dmg then aim shot.
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    Forgive the length, I never trained brevity :(

PVE mainly, I dabble in PVP but not enough to speak about it.

Heroics and Raids, though I am not much of a current content raider at the moment. I do a lot of solo stuff, or older content.

Let me start that saying the changes to ammo, pet feeding, and pet leveling are amazing and thanks a ton! Maybe I am confusing mechanics with quality of life here but... but something I would mention is the fact focus is attached to steady/cobra shot successfully casting. There have been plenty of times that because the shot didn't go off/land, I did not get focus from it. Trap Launcher feels clunky, having to activate it then the trap, then launch it. Pet control, specifically with the Assist stance, feels "wonky" to me. A pet will disobey a direct /petattack command in order to assist me (seems counter-intuitive), also pets tend to run back to me after their target dies in this stance, even though plenty of other targets I have hit remain alive.

For me and my purposes, I like the survivability and versatility of the hunter class, and am quite pleased with that. Intuitive pet control to, though that kinda changed for me with the reset pet stance changes. I also LOVE the pet changes (bringing the various buffs), and thoroughly enjoy the wide range of pets and skins we can tame. Amazing!

couple things: Minimum range, focus being tied to a steady/cobra successfully casting, the summoned pet health bug (When I summon a pet, it sits at ~7k HP for a few seconds, long enough to get it killed if I need it in combat immediately.) I am not a fan of the Assist stance, feels wonky. I also miss losing "Eyes of the Beast."

I believe MM rotation is pretty good, though I am not a huge fan of babysitting the "Improved Steady Shot" buff. SV feels good to me, though a little simplistic and lacking a real SV specific cool down (Lock and Load being the only real thing that mixes it up). BM is actually boring to me, and Kill Command feels clunky (pet range issues with it). I think the BM spec/and therefore rotation needs a good bit of work.

My biggest wish: Stop making decisions based on what feels "huntery," at least don't let it be a higher priority for decision making than things like functionality. Beyond that, focus regen removed from steady/cobra shot successfully casting/landing. I would like to see SV get a small self heal like the other trees. I'd like to see Eyes of the Beast return as well to work alongside "Go to." I would also love to see a lot things changed with BM tree: Intimidation becoming a talent/trained, give BM a BM-only attack (or a cool down like Stampede :D), and spread some of BM's tendency for focus capping to other trees (maybe make Invigoration available to other trees?) Also I beg you, remove the "able to tame exotic" from the"Beast Master" talent and add it to the specialization... then simply take away the exotic ability from exotic pets until we spec into "Beast Mastery" talent at the bottom. This way, we can tame exotics from level 10 but they will be no different than normal pets until we spec the Beast Mastery talent. Finally, more beasts to tame! Hydras, thunderlizards, and stags oh my!

Intimidation, Snake Trap and Counterattack mainly. (I wouldn't be surprised to see hunters answer Camouflage here). I may be out of line, but I would think it remiss to not mention a few talents: Resistance is Futile, Sniper Training (feels counter-intuitive to play style, especially if it is competing for precious talent points), and Marked for Death.
    Edited by Quivering on 9/12/2011 10:56 AM PDT
    90 Orc Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? NA

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    1. Pets dying - Rezzing a pet shouldn't be a 10s cast. Pets can often die in raids due to environmental damage (like lava) and/or bugs. Taking the hunter out of play for 10s is as good as a wipe on most heroic raid encounters. Revive Pet should be a 2-3 cast. Not doing any damage for 2-3s is enough of a penalty.
    2. Trap Launcher - Right now, it is not possible to macro Trap Launcher+trap of your choice to a single keybind because of the slight delay in action of trap launcher. So, there is no way to throw a trap without hitting a key twice. This is unnecessarily clunky and should be fixed.
    3. Minimum Range - The min range is a relic of the past, and is a burden in raids. Because of several encounter mechanics, it is often necessary for hunter to be in melee range. While many bosses have been adjusted so that the hunter may keep attacking from melee range, there are a lot of others where this is not so. Removing the min range will be a big step forward.

As a pure dps class in raids, besides doing damage it is the situational abilities and talents which make a class fun to play. Hunters perhaps have numerous of these, but rarely put them to full use. On pre-nerf Heroic Beth 10m, the role of a hunter was the most fun I've had for a while, because of exactly this. I could use niches and specific talents to pull off something special. There should be more encounters designed, and more such abilities tuned. Mages and DKs had several of these in T11.

Being a burden to my raid makes it less fun to play. Hunters right now have the least defensive capabilities out of all the classes. They do not have any significant self-heal or absorb, they cannot remove debuffs, nor can they prevent ANY damage most of the time. I need to be able to survive mechanics sometimes to make it a fun experience. More defensive tools for hunters is absolutely necessary .

MM - Excellent if slightly demanding rotation. The Aimed vs Arcane choice is very useful, and I love adjusting it on different fights.
    SV - Again, very fluid and easy.
    BM - Kill Command needs to be changed to go off regardless of pet being in melee range of target. This is a very important consideration for BM. KC is the primary ability in BM, and this requirement is very clunky on mobile fights or when we need to switch targets. BM AoE "rotation" should be paid more attention to i.e. AoE should primarily come from adds instead of multishot, and thus those AoE abilities should be tuned appropriately.

1. Traps - One spec (Survival) should have more to do with traps. Immolation Trap is entirely useless right now; Snake Trap rarely used, and even explosive only slightly useful. For a survival hunter, traps should be a lot higher % of damage. A trapper is a pretty common type of ranger/hunter, and it makes me sad not to have the option available to be a trap-based hunter. Adding more types of traps, and making SV use traps more would make the class more interesting to play.
    2. Min range removal
    3. Defensive utilities
    4. Pet fixes (cast time of rez, pathing issues)

1. Immolation Trap - Never worth using. Explosive is better, but that is still bad
    2. Widow Venom - Not only is 10% too low, but other classes can apply it more easily
    3. Tranq Shot - No real encounters this expansion for the removing enrage part of it. Why? Hunters, rogues and druids have it now. Make them use it.
    4. Deterrence - Sometimes works, mostly doesn't. Needs to be a lot more useful.
    5. Snake Trap - Except for entrapment, pretty useless in PvE. Look at trap suggestion above, make it more useful.
    6. Flare - Useless in PvE. Add some stealthed mobs to detect!
    7. Raptor Strike - Only useful sometimes with the glyph. Since this is the only melee attack we have, and its purpose is clearly not to do damage, make it heal us or something as a part of its base function.
    8. Beast Lore - Useless since pets are homogenized
    9. Distracting Shot - Only used on 2 encounters this expansion. Make taunting by dps more useful sometimes.
    10. Wyvern Sting - Not very useful in its current state for raids. Make it do more damage if the mob is immune. Can become a big 1min cooldown for SV
    86 Human Hunter
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    -PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    -Heroics and raids

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    -Black Arrow and fire traps sharing the same CD
    -Daze effect from Cheetah/Pack
    -Disappearing pet bar
    -Kill Command's range dependency
    -Pet pathing and daze issues

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    -Taming exotic pets
    -Awesome looking ranged weapons
    -Great ranged DPS

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    -Focus management (some shots cost way too much)
    -Cast time for shots like Aimed Shot, Steady Shot and Cobra Shot could be trimmed down

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    BM:
    -Too many CD's to manage
    -Kill Command's range dependency is annoying

MM:
    -Aimed Shot doesn't have a clear purpose

SV:
    -Black Arrow shares CD with fire traps
    -Wyvern Sting doesn't have a clear purpose

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    -More pets to tame (NO spirit beasts please!)
    -Shorter cast times for focus-regen shots
    -Reduced Focus cost for "signature" shots
    -Removal of trivial skills (Eagle Eye, Beast Lore, Raptor Strike, etc.)

■What spells do you use the least?
    -See Wish List
    Edited by Ildjarn on 9/12/2011 10:30 AM PDT
    85 Troll Hunter

• Generally PvE on my Hunter

• Raids/a handful of heriocs for VP

• Pfft, PvP

• Min range (My only issue with this is for fights that require stacking, i don't mind having to kite), no real self heal

• Pet, strong dps on the move, engaging rotation (IMO at least)

• Min range, no real self heal

• Aimed Shot feels very niche for our spec bonus, beyond that its fine

• Self heal, min range reduced (or make bosses more like Jindo/Staghelm where we can shoot while standing close, not sure if that makes a difference for melee)

• Widow Venom
    85 Orc Hunter
    Both but focus more on PvE

Current raid content and also old content. Don't do many dungeons since they're boring

Battlegrounds. See "What makes playing your class less fun?"

Give hunters the ability to choose their pets spec.

What makes a hunter fun is that you can kite fairly easy, and have a class system totally different from all the other classes.

PvP
    Its not fun when Master's Call is dispelled while in combat. Its a pain trying to run while some classes already have a permanent run speed buff while we get dazed for every hit/DoT tick if in Aspect of the Cheetah. The lack of burst in all 3 specs, having to run in Aspect of the Fox sacrificing dps to regain focus to get enough to do a couple of shots. Majority of classes have their own defensive CD that easily outlasts Deterrence.

Both PvE and PvP
    The minimum attack range. Some fights require hunters to get up close to the boss which drops our dps heavily. Also in pvp once were slowed (used deterrence/master's call/disengage ) there's nothing we can do to peel away other than to just die or hope disengage comes off CD

The rotations are fine in PvE

My wish list is an "Aspect of the ___" Which allows us to reduce the duration of Roots, slows, stuns, and etc against the hunter while having the abilities of Aspect of the Fox.
    Give pets back their identity (how it was in BC) while continuing to give out their buffs / debuffs to the raid of their target.

Raptor Strike - If your in a melee situation your already stunned/slowed which guarantees the hunters death
    Counterattack - Same as Raptor Strike
    Edited by Tyrantx on 9/12/2011 10:31 AM PDT
    90 Troll Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both

Heroic Raids and Random Heroics.

BGs, Arenas, and Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    - Unable to do anything when it comes to LoS, especially in Arenas.
    - Need to use Trap Launcher to use Freezing Arrow or any other traps. It is unreliable and more work for a simple CC.
    - Lack of Self Healing.

- The ability to shoot within melee range for less damage; the damage will still be greater than melee attacks.

- Current most competitive raiding spec has 3 factors that are 100% RNG: Auto Shot, Wild Quiver and Piercing Shot. I understand the need for RNG, but when three of the five/six of our main sources of damage come totally RNG that players have no control over, sometimes, it shows inconsistent results and less measure to player skill.
    - Number of keybinds is a little too much.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    The only issue I have is KC; the range needs to be increased.

- A way to throw traps without using Trap Launcher.
    - An ability to reduce damage taken.
    - Freezing Arrow and Ice Trap on separate cooldowns.

- Eagle Eye
    - Beast Lore
    - Mongoose Bite
    - Aspect of the Wild
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]