(Locked)

85 Troll Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Various pet pathing bugs, pet spawning with 5k hp and getting 1 shot, minimum range.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to solo content when my pet decides to work.

What makes playing your class less fun?
The new pet stances, there are times when my pet is running between mobs rather than attacking. Sometimes my pet will run all the way back to me instead of just switching targets. When people decide to attack you in PVP, you're pretty much done once all your traps/disengage is on CD, and focus is too slow to regen unless you're not getting focused.

PVP in general makes it less fun.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The MM rotation is nice and tight, but pretty boring. Survival and BM's rotations are fine.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Make PVP as fun as it was in Wrath. In Wrath we had 3 instant shots and didn't have to rely on steady to regen our mana, it made kiting much easier and PVP was more fun in general. Since Cata, we disengage away without having time to fire another shot. Hopefully devs can find a way to bring the focus mechanic similar to the level mana was in PVP.

Revert pet stances, the new ones were supposed to make pet control less difficult, but it has done the opposite.

A good self-heal ability, many classes can save themselves from death by popping some self-heal, and hunters just don't have that.

What spells do you use the least?
Camouflage
Edited by Degausser on 9/12/2011 1:27 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

A quality of life issue atm would probably be that the firelands boss fights seem to have been reminded that hunters have a minimum range. While i have not gotten too far into firelands i know that Rageface is a pain as is the BH boss on the AoE phase. I've also heard some people say that baelroc can have issues with hunter's sometimes having to go close and losing quite a bit of dps in the process. I'd also say that freezing trap is a two button CC unlike every other CC that i can think of.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I like playing the class because we have our own special niche in terms of what we are. We do physical damage but at range like a caster. Plus we have pets and are the only class to use ranged weapons effciently.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
I would say that the minimum range makes the class less fun because it's actually driven me away from doing arenas due to how frustrating i found it to not only be line of sighted but also locked down just by having the target stand on top of me. I used to see it as another challenge the class had to it's pvp style but as of cata, i just see it outdated and un-needed due to how some classes can match what we have is dmg and control without the threat of losing 90% of it to someone walking up and hugging them.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I find the rotations to be pretty solid, no complaints there.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
I'd like minimum range removed and Freezing Trap to just be a shot that you use on a target. If not a shot then i'd like to see the arming time on traps fired from a trap launcher removed due to how it has travel time as it is. Edit: I forgot, a general self-heal for the class since the ones we have are rather lackluster to what other classes have and only one of them is accessible for all three specs. It also leaves surv with a subpar HoT as their only self heal.

■What spells do you use the least?
The ones i use least would be Widow's Venom and Immolation Trap.
Edited by Rangr on 9/12/2011 10:44 AM PDT
85 Orc Hunter
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

I play mainly for PvE Content, and PvP just for some points

Right now I'm in the normal raiding process

I play Arena with friends just for point cap every week in 2's, and normal random BG's every day to win 1

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Probably every hunter would say the same... The pet pathing and Kill Command not landing correctly problem for both PvE & PvP... Especially when BM pet gets stuck and loses half his dps for the rest of the fight.

The Utilities that we have are awesome, being able to provide what the group needs in any situation is very enjoyable... And also, being able to gain more from doing more is also a very good incentive, in this case... DPSing up into the rankings.

Again... Whenever my pet gets stuck and cannot be dismissed because of LoS. its very frustrating when you have proficiency in controlling your pet using pet move and etc, yet they still get stuck because of a small bug in pet pathing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the BM rotation, its very versatile and not too bland to know when to use your bursts

I wish I can choose talents for my pet, as in making tenacity, cunning, and ferocity available to all pets, and we get to combine their talents and skills for more versatility and combinations.
and also, pet AI pathing fixed

I think all hunters would agree....
"Counterattack"
Right behind that... Widow Venom

finally...
Thank you for reading my thoughts
85 Human Hunter

Both

Raids , and Heroics

Arena's, BG's. Dislike Rated BG's and the need to do them just to cap out points

Minimum Range still "gets in the way". I realize its a balance throttle, but it makes the class feel clunky at times. . More responsive pets. The Assist feature was nice, but it feels a little slow handling at present Controlling a pet feels like you're driving a boat at times.

By far the pets, and their unique abilities. I think we should be even more dependent on them in all specs. Many adore BM despite it not being as solid as MM (in pve and pvp) due to this alone.

Minimum range. It just feels 'surreal' and clunky as previously described. I understand and respect why it's their, but it certainly does 'deter' from the play and feel of the class

Too reliant on steady / cobra shot to regen focus, in all specs. Its nice when you get to fire your instance, but you're straight back at pumping the same skill over and over again just trying to regain focus. Also range on kill command is frustrating, due to latency

I think if we had more control over our 'pets rotation', that would be a blast, and a challenge.

Armor for our pets to distinguish them as 'tamed beasts' =P and some sort of heal outside chimera's tease of a heal, or our spirit beasts 'too little, too late heal', Dot protection

Widow Venom, Beast Lore, Aspect of the Cheetah, Aspect of the Pack
85 Worgen Hunter

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, soloing stuff

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I dislike how I have more then 40+ spells. But, my biggest issue, is my focus regen. Rogues and druids regen more focus then I do. To get some of my focus back, i have to rely mostly on cobra shot or steady shot, but those two abilities suffer from lost cast time if I'm hit by an ability and that includes an AoE. These days it's rare for someone to kill a raid boss without taking at least some damage.

# What makes playing your class more fun? Cobra shot. No longer having to worry about reapplying serpent sting by pressing the serpent sting is awesome. Also, chucking an exploding trap at a boss and causing it to either despawn, where in someone in the group asks something like, "Wasn't there a boss here?" Or, "Where did the boss go?" I think is awesome. Although, it's not as awesome as that one time, out in duskwood, when I caused a world boss to spam the entire zone for 5+ minutes.

# What makes playing your class less fun? Having 14+ buttons I have to press at least once every five minutes in a raid. I don't want more then TWELVE buttons to press

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? As far as single target fights go, it's okay. I feel like if I want to effectively AoE i need to switch to marksmen. As a beast master, if I want to AoE, I can't spare any regen for anything else. Thus, my 'rotation' goes out the window.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Chimera (the pet type)'s AoE is difficult, very tedious, and clunky to use. You can easily and accidentally interupt it's AoE by ordering it to move somewhere. Furthermore, you can't use it's AoE near CC - there is just too much chance the AoE will accidentally break CC. While the Chimera is casting it's AoE, it doesn't auto attack - which prevents the beastmaster from gaining any focus from the pet.
A slightly larger bar for pet abilities, or to merge the abilities into things. For example, as a beast master with a turtle with tank spec, I can have 6+ pet abilities - but only four spots to put them on my pet bar.
The pet system tends to lag a lot. I can order my pet to move to a spot, and in the time it takes for it to realize I just ordered it to move, I can successfully cast 2-4 cobra shots.
I'd like the ability to cast misdirect on someone, and while i'm redirecting threat to that person, if I cast distracting shot the distracting shot acts as if the person taunted the target, thereby causing the target to go after the person, instead of me.
And, finally, I want a shot that lets me one shot everything within 100,000 yards of me. Oh, and it must also cause me to instantly autoloot everything.Wait a minute. Did I write this paragraph down? Opps!

# What spells do you use the least? Eagle eye. Back in vanilla it was rather useful to me. I could use it to scout an area for something. Back then I didn't have things like an in game quest helper, or quest tracker, or the ability to raid mark a monster, or the ability to fly around on a flying mount. Back then mobs could severely punish you stray to far into a place you shouldn't be. Now that I have those things, eagle eye is very rarely useful to me.
90 Orc Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [Both, but mostly PvP lately]
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Raids]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Resurrect pet takes way too long to cast and there is no way to speed it up or make it instant. Compare this to options that Warlocks have...

Disengage is great and so is the increased range on Master's Call.

In PvE it's constant switching between Aspect of the Hawk and Fox on movement intensive fights, you need to do it to max your DPS but it is pretty tedious.
In PvP having absolutely no way to cleanse any DoTs is pretty lame, it feels like if you get a large stack of DoTs on you unless a healer is around you're just doomed, that isn't the case with most other classes who have better ways to heal through it or cleanse off the DoTs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I think the rotations are pretty good but the Aimed Shot nerf a while back has made MM less exciting to play. As I mentioned, having to switch Aspects Hawk/Fox on movement fights as part of a "rotation" is tedious.

More defensive options (heals, shields, DoT cleanse, etc.) I think that the hunter class needs some kind of baseline (for all specs) self heal similar to recuperate that rogues have, or the healing options warriors or DKs have. Right now you can only heal if you're BM or MM, survival has zero self heals! To get the most self heals you have to be BM and use a Spirit Beast pet, which limits options for using other pets. I have also thought it highly ironic that a class with a spec called "survival" can't even mitigate or cleanse poison DoTs.

Raptor Strike, Immolation Trap (this trap is very very weak). I also don't use dismiss pet that much due to the long cast requiring you to be stationary. I believe dismiss pet should be instant or at least channeled while moving, a lot of times in a BG if you want to dismiss your pet, it's faster (or more practical) to send it off the opposite way of where you are going and just "run it off" to get it unsummoned.
85 Night Elf Hunter
• Mainly all PVE with 10% PVP

• I used to raid hardcore in Wrath and BC, but since the changes with Focus I have retired my hunter. Sometimes go back and do 5-mans with him.

• Just BGs for fun, nothing big here

• Freezing trap is very nice now, but makes the game too easy in my opinion. Don’t feel like it should be used as a main form of CC. The new volley is a lot easier to max out AOE, but once again is way to easy now. Plus I miss to arrows falling everywhere. Kiting is very easy with the reduced cool downs on everything now, but once again it make things to easy.

• I like that I can easily do damage on the run and have a lot of abilities at my disposal. Being BM back in BC was a lot of fun with controlling your pet to do rough 40% of the damager. As for just the rotation part; I liked the fact that we had a simplified rotation, but it was just hard enough for new people to really work at it. I’ve always been a player who does not like to look at energy/rage in order to do damage which made the hunter class very appealing to me. In PVP the role of a hunter has been really changed for the best over the years. I think hunters are right where they should be in PVP. I think Disengage is the best feature of a hunter. It’s so much fun in every situation. Being able to FD and wipe agro has always been a good one in PVE.

• Focus has really killed it for me liking the hunter class. I know most people love this new ability and I respect that. I enjoyed the fact that you had to time you shots perfectly between auto shots to be effective. This gave the raider something to pay attention to rather than hitting just the buttons. Best feature Ive seen on hunter in this game.

• Rotations have changed a lot over the years. I think it take way more skill to play these days which does not appeal to the casual player which I believe is where Blizzard wants to be. Having a simple rotation, but still timing things perfectly in order to be top damage was really the best.

• Auto shot back to the way it used to be where you had to time things.
• BM being a valuable spec to raid in.
• Misdirct being needed in raids for the tanks.
• Having to kite more and being the only class able to perfect this skill
• If hunters could be more niche rather then like all damage classes.
• Raptor strike being one of the top abilities when in melee, but making to cooldown longer. So when we get in melee range and can do massive damage, but only like once every 30 sec.
• (Side Note) For all damage only classes to have a edge on hybrid class like it used to be.

• Never interrupt since everyone else can now
• Never MD now since tanks don’t require it
• Flare is useless in PVE, would be cool if we had to use it
• Kiting is no longer a skill needed
• Any fire trap is no valid in PVE since it wastes a global cool down
• Tame pet since all we need is one type of pet in PVE, Cat
85 Dwarf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] dungeons and heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

- not being able to shoot when up close sounds ridiculous. point blank shots i can understand, but we should be able to shoot things that are a few feet away.

- cant i be able to at least buy more stable space like a real pet owner could?

- since the removal of pet happiness, i feel like i lost that special bond with my pet. my pets just feel like robotic drones i send out into battle. i wish there was a way i can feel like im actually taking care of the pet. like in the form of minigames similar to those digital-pet things. bottom line is, i want to feel that my pets are special and that im responsible for taking care of them, and if they're happy they perform better.

What makes playing your class more fun? pets! please add more pets! not just different versions of the animals we've already seen. pls make the mammoths tameable! and running and gunning of course.

-feign death and pet aggro works great in PvE but there's no real way of escaping from a group of opposing players. melee classes are resilient, magic classes can heal or bubble, rogues can cloak, but hunters are just sitting ducks.
-dead spot in the range of attack

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) i dont understand why steady shot takes so long to fire, but other than that its good.

-bigger pets! i understand that big pets can be a problem in dungeons, so maybe they can be big when outside then shrink when in dungeons? i just want my polar bear to be 9 feet tall like an ACTUAL polar bear. etc
-instead of regular melee weapons on the main and off hand, how about make it throwing weapons or mid ranged pistols? this way there's no dead spot in the hunter's range. long range we shoot with our rifles/bows, mid range we use the throwing/pistols, then at close range we hack n slash/pistol whip but with considerably less damage.
-gearing up pets. yes. armor plated bear and rhino? metallic talons on your raptor or vulture maybe? what about extra spiky armor for your core hound?

-beast lore (seriously, what is this for? cant this just be something hunters do automatically? whats the point of having to click on a skill just to see useless info?)
-eagle eye (in my opinion, WoW isnt designed for tactical recon. so what if i can see 2 miles into the distance? animals don't migrate across the land, there are no roving hostile NPC armies you want to avoid, everything is marked on your minimap, and spotting enemy players generates no honor. there's just no real incentive to be a scout in WoW)
-melee special attacks (raptor strike and wing clip just aint viable to me since you generally just die if you try to get close enough to use these attacks. in the time it takes for you to release these two attacks in quick succession, a warrior or a pally would have already done 10 or 20 times more damage. and that's considering you dont get stunned. so why bother?)
85 Human Paladin
I hate FOCUS, its annoying, does not regen fast, and i always find myself in a bind when in PvP because i have no focus and getting LoS'ed and standing there focus starved because i have nothing to hit. Rather annoying. I WANT MY MANA BACK!
90 Pandaren Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - I PvE and PvP, the split for me is about...65 - 35.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - I am part of a 25m raid.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - In order of what I do most to least: Arena, RBG, BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The pet-HP-lag bug has definitely been a bit of a bother. There have been moments where I've pulled out a pet for a pull or to attack an enemy and the poor thing gets one-shot because its HP hasn't scaled to its stats. -_- Another pet issue, if the master can jump, the pet should follow. It can be especially aggravating when you're running with your group and they decide to jump down somewhere. Your pet is with you, but you just jump and follow without realizing. "Where's Fido???" OH! THERE HE IS!! With a pack of 10 mobs in tow! >.<" It would be amazing if pets just jumped down with its master.

What makes playing your class more fun? I've always loved the hunter-pet dynamic. So, I guess that's something I've always found to make my gaming experience more fun. And as a BM hunter, the play-style has always been enjoyable for me, in Cataclysm.

What makes playing your class less fun? PvE - Needing to play a particular spec that I've given legitimate/lengthy trials but just not liked or found much success with. Having so-so damage compared to MM. I know this isn't supposed to be a place to whine, but that's the honest answer to the class being less fun. The BM tree needs to be have an intimidation rework, because it's really useless in PvE. The only time I've truly found it helpful in raiding is against adds Rag where the stun is handy. As a DPS class, I feel the highlight of a tree should be something, I dunno...DPS-based. PvP - The new pet stances are OKAY...however, I miss aggressive a lot. It was really, really nice having your pet on aggressive during a BG so that when a nearby enemy creeped in, your pet would sniff him out and bother him. Now, I have to wait for them to engage me or for me to engage. This just doesn't make a lot of sense. How's this pet doing its job as companion and guard if it's not able to jump on threats to its master? *just a thought*

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) PvE and PvP I really like the BM rotation. I love the CD and pet management. My only complaint is overall damage of everything. I also play SV OS, and that rotation is fine too. MM? I gave it a really good try, but I hate this rotation more than anything.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I'd really like some kind of BM update. We got knocked down with the pet focus *fixes*. While BM is viable, sure, it's still laughed at, heh. In LK, MM was the *IT* spec. For Cata, MM is still the it spec, although for a short time, it was all about SV. I'd also like to see those pet issues addressed. Another thing, what about Hydra taming? And can we get a wider variety of pets? Seriously? 5 spiders? And two different colors of an already released spirit beast? ಠ_ಠ Hooow about...Blazewing?

What spells do you use the least? Beast lore.
85 Night Elf Hunter
it would be nice to tame a more larger variety of pets, and to change ranged weapons to to handed heapon and it would be nice dual wield pistols.
85 Worgen Hunter
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics mostly, as I don't have time for raiding nowadays and play casually with friends.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Currently in bgs only as Arenas tends to frustrate me quite a bit.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• To me, leveling pets. Wish they would be 85 as soon as I tamed them. You removed happiness, why not remove leveling as well. Also MM mastery breaking the bow is stupid and needs to be removed.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Buggy abilities. Being required to use 2 CCs to effectively CC someone. How slow our regeneration shot is, especially with debuffs. Our focus regeneration shot being susceptible to LOS and min-range. Having no out of combat heal that isn't broken by DoTs that isn't spec based (remove the spec ones if you have to). How weak we are in melee. When we are nerfed at the start of each expansion.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Boring. All the rotations are boring. Hit your main ability, hit a focus dump or two, refill focus bar. Nothing really exciting. Aimed Shot proc isn't exciting. Lock n Load isn't exciting.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• No cast timers, except for possibly aimed shot. It would be possible to balance us as a class without cast times on anything. It would take out Aspect dancing, which is annoying and should be done away with.

A not too shabby self heal that we can use without requiring to do some type of damage to someone or isn't tied to a spec.

One CC that can do the job instead of requiring 2 ccs to do the job. Perhaps another defensive cooldown instead of just a 5 second one that tends to allow quite a few things in as well as pacifying us for the duration.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul][/quote]

Widow Venom, Eagle Eye, Beast Lore, Immo Trap.
    85 Draenei Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: pve

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: heroics and questing

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: hunters dead range though thank you for the loss of ammo also BM really needs to be looked at its my favorite spec and it hasnt really been doing anything besides leveling. I would also like an actual hunter lore hero mages have rhonnin, paladins have tirion, warriors have like every faction leader and what do hunters have Hemet Nesingwary i mean come on tyrandes more of a priest, rexxars considered a warrior and sylvannas has just a bow please either give us a new hunter icon or make some of the ones that i mentioned above more huntery.

What makes playing your class more fun?: The pet system also really love camo please make it even stealthier

What makes playing your class less fun?: again dead range makes it so i cant enjoy pvping on my hunter also wish traps were less punishing

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): i like marks and survivals but bm needs alot of work

More pets would love to be able to tame pterrodaxes and diemetradons and gryphons and hippogryphs and shoveltusks and basilisks and thunder lizards and hydras

Take away the daze from aspect of the pack and cheetah

Make the mounted speed from pathfinding stack

An aspect of the fish would be so cool (increase swim speed)

Also for the class thats master of the beasts i always thought it was weird we dont get a class mount.

What spells do you use the least?: definantly Scare beast
    Edited by Seoshi on 9/12/2011 12:26 PM PDT
    85 Human Hunter
    I would really, REALLY like to see more 1h for hunters. Also an enchant that would put them on the same scale as 2h.

We can use so many weapons but what the point, when in end game there are only 2h available that would put out the most DPS, PVP and PVE.

Dual pistols would be really nice.

2h that look like hunter weapons. So many look like caster weapons.

A legendary pet. Quest line could be added to tame, with needed items.
    New pets, one we haven't seen. Water pet would be nice, only able to use in the water, but would give some time of added ability like being able to breath, mount, ex.

Different spells for spirt beast. If its a bear then he should be able to tank, ex.

Mount your pet animation. This would just a fun and nice animation to have for a few mount/pets. Lion,Bear, raptor. High hopes but I though I throw it in there.
    Edited by Blackfire on 9/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT
    Addendum to my earlier post, falling under the QoL category:

- Let me see my GUN, not malee weapons, on my character. The gun is my primary weapon, and should be slung on my back by default.

- Fix the pet bar bug

- Bring back Eyes of the Beast (I loved it)

- Get rid of trap launcher and give us trap shots

- Don't make us pay to rename pets

- Remove daze from Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack

- Remove minimum range

- Make survival about SURVIVAL. Give hunters a basic self-heal, and a talent in SV to improve it.

- FInd a "fun" way of regenning focus that isn't a slow shot like Steady Shot.

- Let me surf on my crocolisk, like you can in that one quest in Shalozar. :)

- Let me TAME mounts, perhaps even for sale. Yeah, I know... but it would be FUN.
    Edited by Lochlyn on 9/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT
    85 Night Elf Hunter
    Both, though I don't PVP as much as I raid etc.

Raids, farming for mats, only run heroics when I need chaos orbs to craft something (I really detest that you have to grind dungeons to get orbs for crafting btw ;-) )

Battlegrounds and rated battlegrounds

I like the fact that hunters now use focus instead of mana, and the ammo change was nice. It would be kind of cool to have specialty ammo to add a damage buff of some kind though.
    Camoflage was a great addition as well.

I love hunters. Being ranged with high damage potential makes them fun to play for me. I love the fact that we have a pet, and that we can find "just the right skin" for said pet.

The minimum range issue is a real pain. Also right now the issue of a) the pet health being extremely low when first called and b) the pet bar glitching is pretty frustrating at times.

I play survival mostly for pve and mm for pvp on this hunter and on my other hunter I play bm spec for both. I really like the fluidity of the survival rotation in pve, mm feels clunky to me. Now in pvp, the mm spec works as it's a bit more bursty when needed. The bm spec on my other hunter is fun to play, though it's not as high damage output as the other specs (that I've found).

No minimum range for shots, the pet health bug fixed, and the pet bar glitch fixed. A self-heal would be fantastic in other specs other than BM. More stable slots would be nice as well. I've always wanted to tame a zhevra so that would be excellent as well ;-).

Immolation trap
    45 Night Elf Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP? BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Letting me call another pet once one is dead, instead of having to rez it, and then call another pet.

What makes playing your class more fun? Being the only class that requires some skill to kite? Hahah. Okay, hunters are just fun as a non spell ranged class.

What makes playing your class less fun? The dead zone. Man o man. It's so easy even with all the tools hunters have to get in it. As a person with 2 melee heavy 85's when I see a hunter I just dance in and out of it. I wait till they are focus starved from having to use only instants and eat them. Disengage is really the only lifesaver, and even then most classes have a counter CD to pop as a distance closer. Either let hunter have an ability that lets them shoot at point blank range for short periods (like Rift does) or take the deadzone away. It's to easy for someone to just dance in range so they can't shoot as they to close, and then dance away to avoid a wingclip.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Eh...Steady shot should give focus on being channeled in some fashion imo. To many fights I have to move and interrupt my cast and I get a little focus starved at times. In others it's not an issue, I just deal with it.

What’s on your wish list for your class? More unique hard to get pets.

What spells do you use the least? Snake trap lulz. Distracting shot.
    90 Night Elf Hunter

PvE. While the change from Mana to Focus was a positive change, I feel the burst damage is no longer there for us in PvP. The Focus restriction in PvP limits our burst output whereas Mana allowed us to unload everything we had at a moment's notice so long as we had the mana for it. That change has made PvP a lot more unattractive for me as a result.

Progression Raiding, Heroics, Farming.

As mentioned above, I no longer PvP as much as I once did. Aside from the Mana->Focus issue, the way classes operate is not even across the board, and that's where the fundamental flaw lies. In Arena, for example, you have classes that are able to reapply their Crowd Control repeatedly as there is no cooldown on those abilities (Warlock Fear, Mage Polymorph, Druid Cyclone). "Diminishing Returns" or not, they're still able to repeat them back-to-back to even reach a DR, whereas other classes have a longer cooldown on their Crowd Control abilities (Paladin Hammer of Justice, Hunter Freezing Trap, Priest Psychic Scream, etc.). It creates an immediate disadvantage based on the PvP composition you've chosen.

Furthermore, the way classes deal damage can also be brought into question given how arena works. Classes that are able to make heavy use of Damage Over Time (DoTs) effects have abilities that chase their opponent around Line of Sight mechanics. As a primarily Direct Damage class, catching an opponent and doing as much damage as possible to them while they are caught out in the open is the only way to chip them down. However, in order to do damage to them, I must be in Line of Sight, leaving me open to their DoTs. If the DoT class retreats, I'm no longer damaging them with my primary source of damage. If -I- retreat, they're still doing the majority of their damage to me. Cleansing is certainly a wise idea, but now you are redirecting my healer's focus while their healer simply needs to heal through direct damage.

Just some food for thought when balancing is considered.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

The hunter "Dead Zone" no longer exists, but stacking in a raid and then attempting to do AoE damage with enemies in your "Melee Zone" is still annoying. Ex. Eye of Occu'thar or the Molten Seeds on Ragnaros.

Doing impressive damage while maintaining decent mobility and utility.

The aforementioned "Melee Zone".

Very smooth, although the shot-queue system, coupled with what I could only guess are latency issues, affect the fluidity of my shots as they seem to hiccup occasionally even though I haven't gone beyond Global Cap.

I do not like wasting Aimed Shot! procs. I feel if we land another Steady Shot and it would have otherwise granted us another stack of the "Ready, Set, Aim..." buff, it should extend the Aimed Shot! proc back to full duration.

Feign Death should be converted back to an earlier iteration. It used to be an instant threat drop. Now it seems like there's a 2 second delay.

Trap Launcher should be turned into Trap Shot so we can fire our traps directly at the target instead of flinging them at a location and hoping the enemy walks into them. Easy for PvE, many times more difficult in PvP.

Scare Beast, Immolation Trap, Beast Lore.
    90 Dwarf Hunter

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, Once in a blue Moon a Raid

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. My Biggest is the change to Assist Pet function. I like how it was before where pets could attack anything in aggressive mode without you having to engage a mob. Now for low level things the new replacement is almost useless since I kill mobs usually before my pet can help me. Mainly soloing older content or using archaeology...the mobs interrupt me instead of my pet dealing with them.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like shooting things! And Having a pet is fun as well. They make great companions. And I also appreciate the vast versatility a hunter can employ in a group setting. About to wipe? Feign then mass rez! We can CC anything that is not immune to CC. We have a lot of 'get the hell out of danger' abilities, and weapon wise we have a huge array of options.

What makes playing your class less fun? In terms of fun and not function...the removal of eyes of the beast was one of the biggest disappointments to me. Controlling your pet was fun and actually it was functional. Perhaps not in the way it was designed for but It was great for pulling mobs in older content then running back and blowing them up with hunter traps. Along with that the removal of Volley was pretty sad also... the was fun too. Otherwise all the new hunter features are top notch!

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I am marksman and my rotation is amazing...even with the change to the 'Careful Aim' buff, when I have a chance to do my rotation, I most likely do 20k-23k dps during that phase according to recount that is. It's engaging and fun and has just the right amount of ease once you get the hang of it.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Bring eyes of the beast and volley back! :D! Everything else is great so far

What spells do you use the least? (Not in Any particular order) Raptor Strike, Wing Clip, Scare Beast...The other abilities I find useful or even necessary for the class. ^_^!
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]