Class Feedback – Hunter

(Locked)

38 Worgen Rogue
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] raids
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BG/arenas
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.Explosive shot should not share cd's with the traps. Faster focus regen would be appreciated.
■What makes playing your class more fun? The stuns and getaways for pvp and others.
■What makes playing your class less fun? Low focus regen rate and close to no heals.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It needs a buff with a faster cd than 3 minutes for pet or otherwise. During pvp rotations, focus seems to be completely depleted at all times used on CC's and there is no focus or time for dps.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? Some heals would be nice. Also another talent tree focusing on nothing but stings.
■What spells do you use the least? Widow's venom. Why would you waste a perfectly good serpent sting or wyvern sting on it?
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, raids, old contents

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas,Bgs, Rbgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Removing the annoying 5 yard range, I think its useless, makes us having trouble in arenas, and pvp , its just reducing our mobility

What makes playing your class more fun?

I can run and shoot :P

What makes playing your class less fun?
The 5 yard shooting

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is good, but i'd be happy to see mana back

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Removing the 5 yard, adding mana back, unique class mounts

What spells do you use the least?

Eagle eye (even tough its still usefull sometimes) , widow venom, immolation trap, master's call

71 Blood Elf Hunter
honestly......I personally feel and i would bet my 2 cents that other hunters out there have wished for this also.......all beast mastery hunters once they turn level 85, to be able to do a dailie for our pet....to turn it into a mount......imagine....a corehound mount!.....but yeah..also make focus a stat.....or at least affected by our agility.....if agility afected our maximum focus it would make sense as agility is our primary stat..so yeah
-PvE

-Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-The abilities seem too similar and become boring quick.
-Having to use Cats or Wolves for max dps buffs. I'd nuch rather use any pet I like without suffering dps penalties.

-High dps possibilities, Variety of moves, and needing to think before acting.

-Repetitive boring playstyle.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-It is quite boring.

-More variety in abilities and playstyle
-Needing to think
-All pet types being useful for raiding as opposed to having a very small list with best benefits

As MM
-Melee attacks
-Aspects other than Hawk
-Traps
90 Troll Hunter
i run a MM hunter mainly for raiding and ive tried some pvp but it doesnt ever look as though chimera shot heals us enough i mean ya its 5% based on ur max hp but still thats just nothing compared to how most other non healer classes can heal themselves like DKs for instance a blood DK is very hard for a MM hunter to defeat in a duel or in the BGs i think chimera shot needs to be slightly buffed and hit harder since ya we have aimed shot but its to long of a cast to really use in pvp truthfully if u took the 5 yard range part out hunters would be a lot more effective in pvp
also we really should go back to our mana base style it was ALOT more fun then focus i mean ya focus is kuul and all but mana just made hunters awesome especially since we use to be able to steal mana AKA BC style arena ^_^
Edited by Thedaystar on 9/13/2011 5:46 PM PDT
100 Troll Hunter

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Not having a knockback ability, or a knockback ability on a pet capable of being tamed by any spec.

Actually a BM hunter can tame a Rhino that has a knockback ability..its cool for throwing people off cliffs..tho they aren't good for pvp, no dps, all tank.

Yea... re read what I said, any spec. I know the Rhino can, but not everyone can tame a rhino, now can we.
90 Tauren Hunter
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE primarily, PvE, solo questing Heroic Dugeons and Raiding

In PVP non rated BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Running out of focus, and no way to buff it in a raid or BG. All the really good drops for mail armor, trinkets, rings etc. seem to be geared for Shamans, hard to get really good gear.

The minimum range issue is huge for me, the pet "assist" doesn't really seem to help functionality, and the talent trees are really pretty vanilla, doesn't really seem to make a huge difference for play style.

the ability to shoot and move and "kite" stand back and see the fight from a perspective where it makes sense, being able to pick a single target out of a mass of meleeing characters.
Hunting a rare or quest target using stealth, traps and long range fire.

Having different pets for different situations is a lot of fun, and the challenge of stalking and taming rare pets.

Focus and focus regen problems, crummy drops for my class, limited range of weapons,
rogues that see trough my "camo" traps that don't trigger and the problems controlling my pet with the new "assist" feature ( he always returns to me after a kill unless it's the worst possible time, then he goes total aggro)

Minimum range problems, no good close range damage abilities and very low damage for traps even in survival.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Rotation is very "clunky" with focus, and to many shots burn up way to much focus and leave me "reloading" with cobra, focus was supposed to help with cool downs, it's done the opposite.

Volley, to many Raid situations where my DpS goes flat ( the eyes in Baradin Hold for example) a return to mana would be nice but I really want / need better drops for my class ( cool Big-Game rifles that don't look like space guns)
Eyes of the Beast was also a cool ability i used quite a bit
Stampede or "call pack" is a VERY cool idea DK's have "army of the dead" we should have an animal version.
Arcane shot should be a casting interrupt ( didn't it used to be? )
Tame my own mounts (as a Tauren, I really want a horse, especially for RP servers.
Dual pistols is also a very cool idea and a return to elite pets, pets with special abilities.

A way to buff focus, a glyph, talent, something, anything

Immolation trap is worthless, that and counter attack (never used it ) also widow venom is weak and only used in long boss fights as desperation.
Beast lore used to be very useful before all pets were made basically the same (no more Elites )
Edited by Dancingbear on 9/17/2011 4:01 PM PDT
86 Night Elf Hunter

What type of content do you focus on? I primarily focus on PvE, but am PvP curious...

If PvE, what type of PvE? Solo, 5 mans, raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas and BGs - not rated

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I feel that hunters are in a pretty good place right now. The only "quality of life" issue I have is our trap-launching. CC was pretty good in Wrath with Freezing Arrow. Perhaps bringing back FA and keeping TL for AOE would be nice.

What makes playing your class more fun? I enjoy being able to shoot on the move, have my choice of THOUSANDS (well... at least 25) pets, and camouflage.

What makes playing your class less fun? Minimum range! Hunters, as compared to other ranged dps classes, suffer when we cannot attack from range as other ranged classes can. This, I feel, would be extremely useful in PvP applications and even in certain PvE encounters that require ranged classes to stack on the boss. There's that mage and warlock casting away while we beat on the boss with our sticks! ; ) Perhaps dual wielding handguns?...

How do you feel about your “rotation”? As with any rotation change, at first I found it to be a bit confusing, but after practice I have become quite comfortable with the current shot priority system. That being said, as a MM hunter, the rotation feels a little snug around the waist and could use a little letting out (i.e. perhaps an extension of the Steady Shot buff?).

What’s on your wish list for your class? Removal of minimum range and bring back Volley as RANGED dps option (I think Volley on top of yourself is a bit unbelievable...).

What spells do you use the least? To quote Frostheim here: "Counterattack and Immolation trap are certainly never used at all. Almost never used are Eagle Eye, Beast Lore, Aspect of the Wild, Widow Venom." I agree.

Thanks for listening Blizz! Keep up the great work!
85 Night Elf Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [Both]
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Lvling/Dungeons]
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs]
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? [No complaints here]

■What makes playing your class more fun? [kiting is the most fun thing ever, imo, but having a bow/gun gives more of a "sniper" feel, which is what i am in all first person shooters]

■What makes playing your class less fun? [janky pet ai; being slowed for a ridiculous amount (>50%)]

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? [I like the fact that you can't really have a "rotation"
at max level if you want to pump out the most dps. Every encounter is different and requires different abilities at different times.]

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
1. (Neutral) Camouflage with a constant effect after use (keeping 1 min cooldown)
2. (Neutral) Master's Call not requiring a pet to be near
3. (Neutral) The lack of a pet as MM in exchange for more personal damage
4. (Buff) Widow Venom that is refreshed / extended by Chimera Shot / Cobra Shot OR increased effect to 15% (i like the 1st idea better)
5. (Buff) Reduced CD on Master's Call
6. (Nerf) Upped (yes upped) cooldown on disengage (or just remove talents / glyphs that reduce CD)
(I'm torn on what to do about minimum range, personally I like it long as we have aspect of the fox)

■What spells do you use the least? [both fire traps]

In General (PvP) - I really like fighting mechanics such as Deathgrip, Shadowstep, Charge, and Disengage. I like slowing abilities (50% or less) that can be dispelled or removed with a class ability. I like interrupts, speed boosts, (both on a cooldown) reduced healing effects, and reduced damage effects. I like how you must choose what buffs/debuffs get dispelled. I like the abilites that have a 1-2 second stun or interrupt attached to them (i.e. charge). However, I think all CC, disarms, and silences should be cast away (even though chain-freezing, scattershot, silencing shot, and trap root talent works well for me) in exchange for 1-2 of the classes damaging abilities to have a very short stun attached, as well as an interrupt on a longer cooldown. Reasoning behind this is the ability for some classes to copy/paste a rotation (including hunters) that "stun-locks" or constantly silences/interrupts the enemy. Winning should be achieved by using the earlier mentioned abilites above and skill instead of drowning everyone in CCs, but hey, most would disagree. i.e. favorite classes to fight: Death Knights, Warriors, Shamans, Paladins
Thanks for reading my opinion, it's nothing more important.

PvE - Remove all race/class restrictions! The answer to making lore-sense: They googled it!
85 Human Hunter
FIX SURVIVAL PVP
90 Troll Hunter
What do i focus on? both.

In pve what do i focus on? well i'd love to raid but main spec bm has hindered that so mostly heroics.

In pvp what do i focus on? Bgs its easier, faster, and my arena partners have quit : /.

Quality of life? mmm i'd have to say pet feeding even though now i run out of food faster because i keep forgetting to get food for me : /.

What makes my class fun? Pet variety, having a different resource type even if it is energy recolored, and playing as bm having too work a little harder to be taken seriously.

What makes my class not fun to play? the fact that i apperently only have 2 talent spec choices if i want to raid, minimum range, pet ai occasionally drives me insane.

What do i feel about my rotation? It's a rotation... a series of button pressing i mean its slightly interactive(i change it up from time to time depending on situation) and it keeps my more busy then my arms warriors does as he waits for a crit but not too much to mention.

Wish list? IMPROVED PET AI PLEASE!!! the bane of bm hunters for years, the change of pet "stances" undone or make deffensive less passive and assist more aggressive, the return of bm on the big stage, and can beast within please give us immunity for the duration from cc effects excluding disarm effects i feel very hesistent about using it in pvp now because i dont want to waste it by getting frozen feared or stunned for most of its duration and its the only durational effect with that drawback(yes i am aware of zealotry however its durations is longer and pallys have more ways to break cc then hunters even at cost of dps), and more breeds of pets, I'm always open to new types of pets.

What abilities do i not use? widow venom i have a pet for that, i only use multishot for aoe stuff but thats because i lost volley :( otherwise i'd never use that, serpent sting except for longer fight since if the target often dies after 1 or 2 tics it not worth the focus, and melee stuff of course.
1 Human Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] i do both but focus more on pve

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]heroics raids . all of it

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]arenas bgs and rated bgs so all

no heals . our survivability is redictulous compared to other classes . both in pvp and pve . in pve we need that small defense most classes have but we have to sit there and take those hits. same with pvp .

What makes playing your class more fun?my pets . some abilities i have

What makes playing your class less fun?lack of survivability , too many bugs to be honest .

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)rotations are fine . they are all differnt for each spec making it exciting and new when switching

What’s on your wish list for your class?a fix for traps , pet bugs , survivability , better models in pets for survival and marksmen , can we pls have eyes of beasts and volley back :( oh and pls remove the deadzone we have .. isnt fun anymore:/

What spells do you use the least?that widow sting ( see dont even know name cause i dont even use it )
Edited by Nonius on 9/13/2011 6:28 PM PDT
2 Human Hunter

Both.

Heroics, old content. I raided from early Vanilla all the way to the end of Wrath. I don't raid at all in Cata, I finally burned out on that.

BGs mostly. Sometimes I'll do Arenas with a friend. I'll even get some RBGs in if the guild needs someone to fill a spot.

The cast time on res pet is unpleasant. A glyph that mimics the old BM improved res pet talent would work, that or just a straight buff to the cast time.

Being able to do my entire dps rotation while on the move. Being so mobile as a ranged dps feels very unique compared to other classes.

The large variety of pets to choose from and seek.

Having spells with uses that aren't immediately apparent. Like Feigning Death to stop something from casting at you or using Distracting Shot as an external tank cool down.

Aspect swapping sucks. Hard.

I play somewhat exclusively as MM, so that's all I can comment on.

The duration of the Improved Steady Shot buff feels too confining. There are times in my rotation that I'd like to get a couple more arcane shots off before I need to Chimera, or put out CC, or just have time to react to something in a fight. I am often stopped from doing any of that because of how badly my dps will suffer if I don't get two steady shots off every 6-8 seconds.

Using Aimed shot in place of Arcane shot early in fights or when haste is high enough feels gimmicky.

There are a number of abilities that would be cool to have. But not just something that's a copy paste of another classes abilities. Things like...

An in combat heal.

Desperate Times: You call your pet to your side to protect you while you tend to your most serious wounds. All damage and CC you would otherwise take while healing will instead be taken by your pet. Your pet will only be able to defend you until it has either taken damage equal to 50% of its health or the healing is complete. Neither your nor your pet can attack or move while desperate measures are being taken.

A generic interrupt.

Savage: You command your pet to charge towards your target and attempt to rip the targets face off, interrupting any spells being cast and silencing spells of that school for 4 seconds. 10 second cool down, 20 yard range.

The existing traps belong to one of three magic schools. Each school, save for nature, has a trap for single target (Immolation, Freezing) and aoe (Explosive, Ice). Adding a new nature school trap would be good, as well as a slight tweak to the existing snake trap.

Wind Burst Trap: Tripping this trap will cause the target to fly up into the air and fall slowly for 5 seconds. Due to the 'airy' nature of this trap it is somewhat volatile in flight, making launching this trap impossible.

Wind Burst Trap would be the single target version of the nature trap school. It's main use would be to launch that damnable melee up in the air long enough for you to gain some distance. It could also be used as a sort of 'silence' on casting mobs/players.

Snake trap would become the aoe version of the nature traps. The change is pretty simple. Instead of the snakes attacking only the target that tripped the trap they would attack everything nearby, spreading poisons all willy nilly.

Widow Venom. I've never used it.

I use Raptor Strike when I want to laugh.

Wing clip is just a melee range conc shot that has no cool down.
Edited by Philant on 9/14/2011 1:25 PM PDT
85 Troll Hunter
09/12/2011 09:37 AMPosted by Jaldarith
Marks be a petless ranged tree, Survival be melee/pets and BM have ranged/pets.

they tried the melee thing, and nobody played surv, until cata, petless takes the point out of being a hunter imo, and i think bm in the next expac should have the ability to have two pets, so a bm hunter has the ability to give out two buffs and would be an interesting class to play. right now all end-game raiders are mms and surv, i think that would give bm something to really stand out.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

I find taming pets to be the most fun about the hunter. A pet can describe a hunter from the color to the pet's talents. For example: in PvP I use a spider, and it looks boss which says I'm a pet collector and it's talents say that I want my pet to negate my opponents attacks and to use my pet to it's fullest! Hope this was helpful.
100 Tauren Hunter
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both, mainly PvE.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

heroics, raids, old content

BG's, starting to get into arenas

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My pet getting one-shot because it glitches when I call out is rare, but frustrating nonethe-less. LoS can hurt me greatly, even when playing BM and using Kill Command as primary focus dump.

Soloing old content

minimum range, LoS, being focus starved frequently in pvp

w do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like how tight the MM rotation is because it is rewarding if successful, I have never played survival, and I only pvp as BM, so there isn't much of a rotation for me. Rotation is fine.

An ability (for Beastmaster or in general) that would allow the hunter to summon a stampede of sorts unleashing X amounts of pets for Y amount of seconds.

less clunky cc

bugs to be fixed, especialy pet bugs

I can honestly say that I have never used widow venom

eagle eye, although I don't know how you can give it much use

raptor strike

immolation trap, its damage is pathetic

91 Blood Elf Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE mostly, occasionally PvP.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, and raiding.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's, Arenas.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Well I really miss volley, although it would be VERY unviable to use in current raids, such as the beth'tillac encounter, it would be much more useful if you could bring it back. Marksman hunters have a keen eye so they could easily perform multi-shot. A survival hunter needs to spray and stay alive, so volley would make sense for this spec.
Also I have a slight problem with the use of focus now instead of mana, but that makes sense so I would keep it the way it is.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to feign death, detterence, disengaging, and using the quircky abilites that most hunters do not use such as Beast Lore.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Deadzone. It really is dissapointing in a raid when you are to blame because you cannot dps because of the deadzone.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The marksman one imo is very bland. SS, SS, CS, SS, SS, AS, AS. rinse repeat, very repetitive.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Removal of deadzone. As stated above duel weild pistols, (although I hate the sound of guns.), A seperate tech tree designed specifically for no use of pets. A revamp for the BM Class that makes it more viable in current raids and completely different to the other two classes. Bring pack eyes of the beast!

■What spells do you use the least?
This is really a question of viablitiy rather than want to use. Aspect of the wild is a very nice little buff, however I think that it would be much more useful if it were given to a class that could use it 100% of the time. Priests have their shadow protection, paladins/shaman have their resistance/totem. Why can't druids have a nature protection? It seems to make sense imo.
85 Goblin Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, ome raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas, BG's, Rated BG's

5 yard range.

What makes playing your class more fun? Kiting people

What makes playing your class less fun? Easily smushed. Would like to see deterrence to remove dots.

If only you could perform everything on the move, even aimed shot.

Remove 5 yard range, Deterrence to remove dots

Widow Venom, Raptor Strike
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]