Class Feedback – Hunter

(Locked)

What type of content do you focus on? (PvE/PvP/Both)
: Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? (Heroics/Raids/Other)
: Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? (Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs)
: All of them

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
: I hate the mecanic of the aspect dancing in a fight. I like using Aspect for somme special event but not switch all the time.

What makes playing your class more fun?
: Just a bit more base focus for the other ability , Tranq Shot and other spell ...

What makes playing your class less fun?
: The famous dead zone ... I dont understand the concept ... if i put a gun in your head, suprise you will die cause i can shoot. Why not just do less damage when we are close ... but not handicap.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
: Its ok for me right now

What’s on your wish list for your class?
: Removing the Daze effect on hunter Aspect of Cheetah. Im ok with the daze for the Aspect of the Pack cause it will be too much ... but why not immune hunter with cheetah ?! ... Druid , Shammy ans some more class have a running ability now with concequance ... i think we need a update for that.

What spells do you use the least?
: Widows Venom and melee ability
90 Pandaren Hunter
#What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-PvE, but starting to get into PvP

#If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Raids with some Heroics. Solo old content often.

#If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-BGs, getting started with rBGs

#What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Casting 3 Steady Shots in a row does not give you Improved Steady Shot off of the 2nd/3rd Steady Shot Pair. (Steady Shot 1 -> Steady Shot 2 -> Improved Steady Shot -> Steady Shot 3 -> Focus Dump) instead of (Steady Shot 1 -> Steady Shot 2 -> Improved Steady Shot -> Steady Shot 3 -> Improved Steady Shot -> Focus Dump)

-5-MMM Aimed Shot (Fire!) being off the GCD as a personal preference.

-Not being able to Abandon pets from the stable (I have 2 MM specs most of the time. Having to get rid of Exotic Pets in the stable requires me to drop 150 gold and its just clunky and agitating)

-10 Second Revive Pet cast.

-MARKSMANSHIP MASTERY. My bow goes broke go fast because of our mastery. During a 7-min boss fight I can go from 100% to 91% without dying once solely because of Mastery. Also, our mastery is boring and very un-fun.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
-Soloing old content is really fun.
-Hitting Large numbers from Aimed and Chimeras
-Collecting Pets

#What makes playing your class less fun?

-Mininum Range on some boss fights. It isn't necessarily made clear when bosses don't have mininum range (ie, Majordomo has no indacators that you can shoot from point blank when going in blind.) Make it all or nothing, or let there be a way of hunters knowing. Or at the MOST 2 yards as the min range. It's annoying in PvE and PvP.

-10 Second Revive Pet cast.

-Traps. Explosion Trap Shot and Freezing Trap Shot would do wonders. It's incredibly tedious to set up traps in active encounters.

-Being pinholed in pet selection. For PvP, Spider always. For Soloing, Turtle or Beetle always.(See wishlist for further) The Ferocity genre is all good for raiding/heroics, however.

-Trap arm time.

-Misdirection Cooldown (See Wish List below)

#How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotations are solid. MM and SV are extremely fun and thoughtful. I think Black Arrow's flow into the rotation is a bit awkward however.

I hate BM.

#What’s on your wish list for your class?

-Aspect of the Pack to be similar to Crusader Aura on Mounts.

-Being able to Abandon pets from the stable (I have 2 MM specs most of the time. Having to get rid of Exotic Pets in the stable requires me to drop 150 gold and its just clunky and agitating)

-All Tenacity Pets getting shell shield from Turtles/Beetles. If you're soloing old content, and NOT using one of these pets, you're crippling yourself massively. You don't see Bears, Boars, Crocs, Gorillas, Scorpids or Warp stalkers anymore because Shell Shield just blows them out of the water.

-All Cunning Pets getting a Web-like ability from the Spider. Allows for more diversity (every single hunter in every single bg that remotely knows their class uses a spider (or a crab). This would just be a breif change to bring about some uniqueness to the pets we see and use.)

-The ability to see a bow/gun on your character instead of the polearm/staff

-Marksman having an option to not use a pet. Does the same DPS as with a pet, but it's a playstyle choice. Some fights are really annoying when you have a pet contributing to your role

-Misdirections Cooldown resetting when you leave combat.

-More pets! Thunder Lizards, Stegodons, Hydras (Exotics)

-Marksmanship Mastery no longer dealing weapon durability damage

-Aspect of the Wild
-Feed Pet (Mend pet is just miles ahead in Healing. It's a relic ability)
-Raptor Strike (Minimal Use)
-Widow Venom (Generally Lame ability)
-Immolation Trap (Pointless with the superior Explosion Trap)
Edited by Akyza on 9/12/2011 11:03 AM PDT
88 Dwarf Hunter

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
--PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
--All three. Love Arenas and BGs, Rateds are so-so

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
--Min range. Super frustrating when you can't have a chance to win a duel/arena/fight because the other player is abusing it. Making Master's call unable to be dispelled would be nice.

--I love the playstyle, run and gun. I like the control and the ability to fight all classes because i have the toolbox to do so.

--Min range! That by itself is why i rage in matches. Because i can't do anything to retaliate when im being Dead-Zoned.

--Losing Damage because im being trained. Aspect of the Hawk and Fox. I feel like if im in Fox its a semi-perma 10-20% damage nerf because they trained me. Steady Shot taking a huge hit to its damage vs some classes makes it feel like i can't hurt them, due to them self healing.
--Having weird DR's with classes, that makes the number of classes i can play with in arenas very limited. Dots breaking Scatter Shot and Freezing trap. its bad enough that we have to use 2 GCDs to cc, but its very rough to land the trap with random resists and Scatter "pathing" causing misses. Also, relying on crits for our burst is random and frustrating, would be nice if we have a way to set up burst like Spriests/mages/rogues/wars/Ele Shammys, to list a few.

--Master Marksman proc, That is such a core part of the spec for MM that having it get to 4 stacks then losing the stack because it didn't proc is silly. Making the shots cost a large portion of our 100 focus feels restrictive for PvP atleast imo.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

--In PvP our rotation is really just about tossing some dice and hitting the button you need to. If you can pull off a "PvE" rotation then you do good damage, we dont have burst unless the stars of 3 different heavens a line. Rapid Fire is a nice and unique CD. Plz dont change it to a +damage/+crit chance type that other classes/specs have. But it would be nice to have some spike damage to make healers worry a little bit, besides scatter/trap being the only thing they need to worry about

--Widow venom removed or rolled into either serpent sting or Chimera shot.
--More synergy with other classes (dots not breaking traps) and weird DRs being changed.
--A revamp for the Focus system, having 4 focus regen base i dont feel works well. Changing it to the 10 or so that rogues/druids get would be great, atleast with the current cost for the different shots.
--No Dead-zone.
--Dual Pistols
--A self heal that doesn't make you lol when it goes off. (seeing as 'everyone' else has one :[ )

--Widow Venom, I don't even have it out of my spellbook. Its a waste of focus seeing as its dispellable.
--Immolation trap
--Stat Sticks disappearing. (Dual Pistols)

Thanks, Cal
90 Undead Warlock
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

On hunter obviously, more tameable challenge pets. Not useless one like spiders, real raid pets. We only got 1 with any true use; Skarr.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and some raids

Kill command sometimes not going off when movement is involved. Maybe increasing the stable size. Also make 2 points of wild hunt not use as much focus as it does now for our pets.

Focus and collecting pets.

As beastmaster hunter, wish I had another ability to use or a shot for when kill command was on cooldown (marksmen get aimed shot and chimera, survival explosive shot and black arrow)

Some sort of shot or special for beastmaster hunters. Also a exotic ferocity pet with some sort of aoe ability. Maybe include kill command in efficiency and sic' em. Make wild quiver not use up durability of weapons. Also increase durability of ranged weapons to 2 handed melee level.

Beastmaster specialization intimidation, counter attack
Edited by Arshtat on 9/12/2011 1:18 PM PDT
85 Worgen Hunter
Very interesting read.

What type of content do you focus on?
I focus more on pve ( on a competitive level) at the moment, i but i play both on a regular basis.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids and soloing old content.

If PvP, what type of PvP?

Arenas, bgs, rated bgs, world pvp.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Casting times of steady shot and cobra shot, specially on pvp while being focused or/and having a cast time increase. I believe a 1.5 second cast instead of a 2 seconds would have a huge impact on the enjoiability.

The range on kill command.

The range on silence shot.

The range on scatter shot.

Traps breaking on damage or due to dots.

Tranquilizing shot and widow venom focus cost.

Competitive dps.

Unique armor sets.

Taming challenge pets.

Possibility of soloing old content.

The disengage spell coupled with the parachute.

High cap on playing a hunter specially on pvp.

The clunkiness of the 4 piece set bonus of the current tier. Playing as marks you either dont use the focus optimally or you risk losing the haste buff of improved steady shot.

Increased cast times on pvp.

The focus management and how it turned it out to be.

10 second casts to ressurect a pet.

Inability to hold a target in place.

How easily it is to do achieve maximum dps on pve.

Difference of damage done between a heavy plate class and a cloth wearer.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Overall its ok, but steady and cobra shots could have a cast reduction and the 4 piece tier set is not intuitive to use. Also,best mastery rotation feels disjointed since it has a lot of returning focus skills ( passive and active ) so it mores of a spam arcane shot until kill command is up than a rotation.

The return of mana or a system based on cooldowns of the skills, not resource management.

Unique pets with distinctive advantages.

A small cd trap ( i would say 15 seconds ) that works like frost nova.

Trading ring of frost for camouflage with mages

The return of viper sting to bring utility and a different strategy to hunter games.

Tranquilizing shot linked back to arcane shot.

A faster cast on steady/cobra shot

Removal of setady shot in favor of cobra, which is better overall.

Entrapment on all traps baseline.

Removal of increased cast times for hunters on pvp.

Camouflage working like stealth

The return of cc immunity of beastial wrath

Rng proc entrapment on wing clip.

Competitive survival spec on pvp and pve.

Revamp of traps.

The pets gaining the abililty to jump ledges instead of running back and forth ( see blades edge arena and dalaran )

Pets running faster

Pet instant ress avaliable to all pet families, not just ferocity.

Instant cast on scare beast.

Immolation trap ( dont even remember the last time i used it).

Feed pet ( no need anymore )

Widow venom

Raptor strike

85 Dwarf Hunter
I agree with Siberia on everything^^^

I've benched my Hunter during T11 content, but Both

Raiding

Due the the server population, there are only one or two Rated BG, so I usually do randoms

I actually enjoyed ammo, and it gave the Engineering profession a way to make gold outside of pets.
But that's besides the point.

It's a pretty big issue about the problems displaying focus correctly. Our traps need work, badly. I know it might not feel "Hunter-y", but there has to be a line to how much you sacrifice gameplay for that feeling. Another good example is Camo, while it feels neat, isn't useful enough to warrant the gold to train it. Pet AI improvement with pathing would be great. I know it'd be hard to code, but every time a hunter (or a pet class), needs to jump down a ledge. they need to dismiss/re summon. All of our shots should have the same range. Our own DoTs breaking our cc. Needing to use Scatter shot to Ice Trap, and even then, they might path out of it.

Disengage is a great example of what I think "fun" hunter movement is. Agility stacking classes should feel agile. Staying one step ahead of a mob or player, using everything in your toolbox to do so.

Being focus starved in PvP, needing to do damage in order to do more damage leads to problems. Weapon dps being our most useful stat by a long shot. Marksman scaling based on that fact.

Marksman rotation feels pretty good, and Survival a little less so, but Black Arrow needs to be re worked entirely. It needs to be unlinked from traps, and either a longer duration or shorter cooldown. If Survival wants to be a DoT class, go all the way with it. Beast Mastery is a too simple. There are too many talents in the Marksman Tree that should be in the Beast Mastery tree, such as the ones that give you a free Kill Command. Killing Streak's buff is to short, especially in the light of pet movement problems.

And entire rework of our resource. I don't know if Mana is what we need, or something more in line with a rogue, but PvP Hunters would love something else. Kill Command needs a lot of improvement, since it relies on our pet, but uses our focus. However hard it would be to code, Beast Mastery needs a new 31 point talent. With all the important DPS skills filled already on our pet, the extra points don't help. Perhaps another cooldown, or allowing 2 pets out at once would be a little more useful. I'd like to see focus regeneration reworked a little, to unlink the damaging = more focus. Gear scaling needs to be addressed, and how Survival and Beast Mastery fall behind the better gear is acquired.

I'd also like to see less Pokemon style pet collecting, but I do like the special challenges. Perhaps quests instead of World Spawns? Also, pets should be more unique. I know that you moved away from that, but the desire to get cool looking pets you won't use for a raid defeats the purpose of having a cool looking pet. Cool looking pets (and especially the challenge tames), should be more than a neat skin. The unique buffs were neat, but take it a step further.

Eagle Eye
Intimidation
Spirit Beast's Heal
Widow Venom
Immolation Trap
Raptor Strike
No one specs into Counter Attack
Edited by Kalaas on 9/12/2011 11:08 AM PDT
85 Goblin Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? None

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. The pet bug where pets have ~6k health for a bit after they are summoned is quite annoying and been a problem for a while now. Also pets taking damage from lava in PvE, could this be taken as part of their buff for taking 90% reduced damage from AoE?

What makes playing your class more fun? A variety of rotations depending on your gear/situation/role. I play solely Marksman, though I play Survival on H Beth'tilac, and playing with remaining focus/keeping enough to cast Chimera Shot off cooldown is enough to keep it entertaining. I'm able to solo most things I care to.

What makes playing your class less fun? Minimum range is annoying more often than not, though it is better in Cataclysm, it is still there.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It varies more than most classes and it seems persistent. I enjoy it.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A hunter disarm trap ability. We can build them, we should be able to dismantle them (I'm thinking Shannox but would apply to PvP). I'd like Eyes of the Beast back, I don't know why it was removed, but it was fun to play with. Hunters could also use another DoT, like Black Arrow, but for all specs.

What spells do you use the least? Widow Venom and Immolation Trap are the only two abilities I can honestly say I don't think I've ever used once. Both are a waste of focus/gcd in my eyes.
Edited by Influence on 9/12/2011 11:00 AM PDT
90 Worgen Hunter
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PvE - occasionally PvP

Raiding (95%)

BGs (5%) I PvP on my druid though. I stopped PvPing on my hunter during BC, before WOTLK. It became too frustrating. While the defensive changes (Deterrence, Disengage, etc) were an improvement, it continues to be too easy for opponents "shut me down" completely in pvp by putting me in a melee combat situation. The change to traps did a lot to drive me out of PvP permanently.

Traps - Their easy visibility to opponents, its decreased trigger radius, and the added arming time, makes the word "trap" a misnomer, to be honest. They are just speed bumps that can be easily sidestepped. Traps have a "shoot and pray" functionality which is a shame. It'd be nice to be able to use them in a remotely reliable manner.

dealing serious damage from a distance.

being forced into melee e.g. raid stacking up on a boss that has a large hit box, meaning I cannot shoot.

unintuitive rotation requirements with very low margin for error/forgiveness (see below)

Marksmanship: Rotation feels very unintuitive and works against the hunter. It has a very demanding set of requirements primarily due to the necessity to do steady shot pairs to keep up ISS. The margin for error is very very small. It is very easy to lose the ISS buff, and the steady shot pairs get in the way frequently when I want to do other shots. If you misclick or have to move, the ISS falls off. There is no forgiveness.

There are also a lot of procs to manage.

Survival, by contrast, is very intuitive and comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed raiding as Survival previously ( I now raid as MM).

Reducing ISS from 2 shots to 1, OR increasing the buff duration so it flows in better with the Marksmanship Rotation.

DPS buff

eliminate dead zone OR reduce/eliminate raid boss "hit box" issue so that hunters can pew pew from up close.

Traps (see above)
melee abilities
85 Orc Hunter
i love my hunter to death, but at times it feels too straight forward. AS when proc, CS off cooldown, besides that spam SS and arcane shot. i really think another "sting" that would be used in conjunction with serpent sting would make playing a hunter a lot more fun. other ranged classes have multiple dots and i think more than serpent sting would be viable in all specs.
90 Worgen Hunter
For pvp our min range needs to go, its also annoying on fights like shannox, bh, gatekeeper, etc and its just makes the hunter class as a whole a liability in serious pvp. If you don't want to fix it give back volley so if we're stuck against a hit box in pve we can do something other than take a drink and pet the dog for 10 seconds.

For pvp and pve the snake traps either need updated or redone from scratch, at this point its been what, 3 years since they were updated?

For pvp track stealth is a joke, seeing the rogue or feral kitty after you're sapped/pounced is a worthless. Not saying it should work all the time, but it works none of the time as it is. It doesn't even have to let us see them, but a big fuzzy dot on our mini map giving us an idea that within 20 yards of us something is running around invis.

Flare range needs to be a yard or so bigger.

A quality of life idea for pve 10 man raiding is change up the pet talent trees some so for the special buffs (crit/bleed dmg/sunder, etc) are talents we can buy and can have a max of 2 active at a time. I've noticed in my 10m group i have to choose between crit or bleed bonus because of our makeup and know other hunters have the same issue.

Another quality of life idea is if we're taming a pet it becomes untouchable by others till we are dead or its tamed. All too often this xpac hunters are taming a pet and either another hunter runs up to try and tame it (resulting in a dead rare) or some other class runs up and just nukes it/taunts/kites it away for no reason other than to makes us spend another 10 hours camping the rare model pet.
85 Human Hunter
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroics and Raids, though I quit for a while and am on a casual hiatus for a few months.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Occasional random BGs

Pets - With the continued poor state of Pet AI, pets are a huge QoL issue for BM hunters. Frequently, bad pet AI and pathing hurt BM's ability to deal damage, especially with Kill Command.

Minimum Range - This hurts hunters far more than interrupts hurt casters, as it kills active focus generation as well as damage.

Bugs - Hunters are still an extremely buggy class. Spells going through deterrence, abilities costing the wrong amounts of focus, etc.

Traps - Traps are not fun to use for CC. Trap launcher is far too wonky and unreliable. Freezing arrow in wrath was better due to not requiring multiple button presses.

I enjoy being a ranged damage dealer that is primarily focused on dealing physical damage. I like that my most significant abilities are instant cast. I like having a pet-centric tree, when it works...

A wonky resource system, poor trap mechanics, pet issues, min range and bugs.

MM - I find that MM has a pretty decent rotation. Both hardcast Aimed and Arcane rotations are good. Sometimes maintaining ISS is annoying, but I wouldn't remove it, but maybe extend the duration by a few seconds

BM - In a perfect situation, the rotation would be awesome. A short CD nuke, plenty of focus regen, BW every minute or so. BM's rotation is very fun. It's just pet AI that hold it back.

SV - SV has a pretty solid rotation. Black Arrow costs too much focus, causing some resource starvation issues, but otherwise solid.

General -

• Remove minimum range from Steady/Cobra, or increase passive focus regen.

• Make trap launcher a toggle ability like Blade Flurry.

• Improve pet AI, fix assist stance.

• Bring back Eyes of the Beast!

• Roll Widow Venom into Serpent Sting. Or better yet, add further utility to Widow Venom, such as "Your Widow Venom causes you to be healed for 15% of the damage you cause to the affected target."

BM -

• Increase Kill Command damage and increase range to 10 yards. Perhaps swap KC and Intimidation as the BM tree ability so that buffing kill command does not effect the other two trees.

• Move Resistance is Futile from MM to BM

SV -

• Despite being called "Survival," SV has the lowest survivability of the three specs. Replace the useless Counterattack talent with something that increases survivability. Perhaps a casted self-heal that also regenerates focus; basically a healing substitute for Cobra shot.

• Reduce Focus cost of Black Arrow, limit it to three targets, remove the CD (but still cause it to trigger fire trap CD), make it trigger LnL when dispelled.

• Make ES scale with weapon damage.

Counterattack and Widow Venom.
Edited by Sinead on 9/12/2011 11:02 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter

PvE

Raids, primarily normal Firelands right now.

The dead zone being removed or reduced in PvE content. I totally understand that the deadzone is a necessary evil for PvP lolbalance, but in raids it is pointless and frustrating. Rageface running around during the Shannox encoutner causes all sorts of range problems, which can be a large DPS loss if you aren't constantly moving (which itself is a large DPS loss).

Hunters are probably the most unique class in the game because of our awesome pet system. Hunting rare pets turns into a game in itself.

Aforementioned deadzone problems in raids, inability to play Beast Mastery during raids due to it's pitiful damage output. I believe it's one of the 2 worst DPS specs in raid content, and has been for the majority of the last 2 expansions.

Both the MM and Survival Rotations feel solid, but some wonky "Not Enough Focus" bugs keep it from feeling perfect. At times I have 50-60 Focus displayed on my bar but am unable to fire off a 45 Focus shot due to "Not Enough Focus". I assume it's a bug in the Focus bar, not the actual abilities. I also feel that too much of MM's damage comes from Chimera and Aimed Shots, and not enough comes from Steady Shot.

Removal of the deadzone, particularly on boss level creatures in raids. Making Beast Mastery a legitimate spec for SOMETHING, even if it's just for leveling. Right now it is a dead spec.

Hawk Eye, Immolation Trap, Scare Beast, Wing Clip (have not used this ability in nearly 3 years), Raptor Strike
85 Worgen Hunter
make us less squishy, i have 3.6k res and i'm still getting 3 shotted and crit on for 30k. AND since every other class has a heal, can we get something? chimera shot healing 5% of ur health is like a crappy band-aid, doesn't do anything and readiness with it? yes blowing all my cds is worth 10% of my health. oh wait, that's just one more time someone has to hit me. I've been playing this class for 6 years, always loved it. I quit playing because of what they've done to hunters. Oh snap you auto shoot while running now! ...yay ur probably gonna nerf our damage output, yep!
85 Worgen Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas, BGs

Aspect Dancing is necessary in pvp and is not fun. Macros that switch to the optimal Aspect for every shot can alleviate the issue; however, the resultant cacophony is just as distracting.

Kiting Dynamics make playing hunters more fun. I would hope any melee range adjustments made to the class allow hunters to retain the necessity to kite.

1.Hunters futility against Damage over Time specs makes hunters less fun.

2. Having to use Scatter Shot to set up a Freezing Trap makes hunters less fun. Scatter pathing can prevent the CC from being successful and any competent player can choose to eat the trap for their partner.

3. Being virtually useless in certain melee range situations makes hunters less fun: It is easy when dealing with two well played melee characters to end up feeling completely useless.

Hunters feel like casters, especially in pvp. Less casting, more shooting please.

Slightly Better Focus Regen in pvp situations, less dependence on casting.

Better Finishing capability: It is frustrating to set up a kill to not be able to follow through even with 2 killshot crits and an arcane shot or two.

Counter attack
Widows Venom
85 Night Elf Hunter
Ans)Both
Ans)Heroics,Raids
Ans)Arenas,BG's
Ans)Survival-Counter attack as a useless talent that is just taking space in the survival talent tree and not being replaced by a more useful talent.
Ans)Kiting some melee classes
Ans)By not giving us the OLD pet abilities and aspect of the cheetah being so uselesss with the daze effect becuz in pvp rogues,fire mages, and other classes can speed up and slow or root us easily and becuz of our limiting or maximum range...we cannot react to them if our scatter shot CD is on. When we cant react to unlimited stuns and slowings by rogues makes me have less fun....
Ans)good
Ans)I Wish Survival Had More Important Concern by other players other than chosing bm and mm over survival and i wish survival was balanced With MM and BM.
Ans)Steady shot,Wing Clip,Feed pet(i dont use it at all)
Edited by Fanaemis on 9/12/2011 11:16 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
PVE

25 man raiding, some 5 mans

Even though I am not a dwarf personally, I would like to complain on their behalf. You have two races, troll and dwarf, that benefit from a specific type of ranged weapon, yet with each tier you do not release a new ranged weapon of each type. No gun in T12, no gun in T11. And the crafted ones don't count, I'm talking about a raid drop of each type, a real version with a heroic counterpart, the full bit. How can you have those racials in place and not cater to each of them with each tier? You can either release a ranged weapon of each type with each tier, OR you can make the transmogrification of ranged weapons modify the type of weapon it is in addition to the look.

I really enjoy the Bethtilac encounter where you basically have designed 3 lanes for hunters to cover and solo, within each fight, while still letting us stay very competitive on the meters.. Sure a couple of other classes can also handle the spiderlings, but we do it best. I greatly appreciate having my own minor role within the fight that also allows me to not drop down to tank-level DPS, I would like to see more of this in future encounters. I never liked that when a particular class is given its own role within each fight, that their meter numbers have to suffer in exchange.

You gave us autoshot while moving. Those of us who learned how to stutter step had that down to an art form. I don't really expect you to go back on a change you already put in the game, but I feel that changes of this nature make our class too easy to play.

Also I would like to say something about boss hitboxes. I enjoy Chogall and Chimaeron and Majordomo and Alysrazor and other fights where there is no hitbox for hunters. For fights like Rhyolith, where the majority of the group hangs out under his feet and in the middle, and hunters having a 10-15 yard massive area around the box we can't be in and shoot him at the same time... it puts us sometimes way out on the edges and OOR of heals. Would you guys consider giving us no hitbox on more bosses? Or at least more room to work with?

I am content with the current hunter rotations of all 3 specs, I feel like we are in a good place right now. If I had to think of anything to complain about it would only be that I am tired of having set bonuses be RNG procs - sometimes they proc often, sometimes not at all, and it has been this way for several tiers now. I would greatly prefer 2-pc or 4-pc to be some sort of flat damage increase, such as increased pet damage by 20%, something along those lines.

I would like all the pet skins to be usable with all specs. Perhaps redesign the spirit beasts' specs so that we cannot reach their ultimate abilities without having the extra number of talent points from BM, but please let us use those skins with any spec. I personally have 5 spirit beasts in the pet stables, along with several other BM-only pets, and I'm not sure what kind of sense it makes that I have spent several HUNDRED hours camping those pets only to have them sit in the stables unusable. As it is they are just clutter in the stables, yet I can't delete them due to the large time investment I have in them.

Also a new ultimate ability for level 90: 2nd pet. Warlocks can summon their doomguard or infernal on top of their current pet, hunters need to be able to summon a super-pet on a 5 min CD. Make it a new formerly untamable type, such as a dragon. It should be big and impressive, and we should have 2 types, one for single target, one for AOE. This would be for all specs, not just BM.

Also, we like flavor items. Deathbringer's Will, the fire kitty staff for druids. How about a hunter staff that changes our pet into something like a fire kitty? Please do more of these flavor items, at least one every tier.
Edited by Althorius on 9/12/2011 11:30 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE mainly

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids, Heroics, Extreme Soloing

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Just BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. PvP is very cooldown oriented and we are the class that suffers most in arena due to line-of-sight and melee range issues. No ways to regen focus in melee situations in PvP (you finally get away and have no focus to shoot stuff). Trap launcher system is terribly clunky and unreliable when dealing with moving targets. Kill Command is also very unreliable when dealing with moving targets.

What makes playing your class more fun? Focus is much more fun than mana. Mobility in raid environment is stellar. The 3 specs are closer than they've been in a long time in PvE aspects. Disengage is the only good public transportation on Azeroth.

What makes playing your class less fun? Pets out while mounted. Trying to AoE during stack phases. Trying to PvP in general (personal taste, prefer to play other classes in PvP).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) BM feels like it needs more "buttons to push." The Frenzy/Focus Fire dynamic is pretty solid, but the duration could stand to be maybe 3 or 4 seconds longer to account for Frenzy stacks not being built up fast enough by pets (This is especially problematic in phases that involve movement. Air phases are even worse.) BM also has very high burst AOE potential, which is nice. Overall though, the spec is boring to play at times and its damage is sub-par when compared to the other two for the most part.

SV also feels like it's missing something. A good portion of the rotation just deals with spamming Cobra Shot. The Lock and Load proc makes it much more interesting, but the fact that Arcane Shot consumes charges is pretty bogus. Removing this mechanic from the proc would prevent focus-capping and would add some nice burst for PvP purposes. Black Arrow still feels weak and uninteresting. Maybe adding in some initial damage upon application would help, as well as adding a talent that procs the cooldown resetting when something happens.

MM for the most part feels very solid. The only complaint I really have is that Improved Steady Shot's duration forces us to use a much more rigid rotation instead of a priority queue. Steady Shot pairs are a necessity at least twice a rotation. Other classes have a priority rotation that involves a filler, such as Lightning Bolt for an Elemental Shaman. Marksman Hunters are pretty much bound to craft a predetermined rotation with set cast times on Steady Shot just to make sure we can use 2 pairs each Chimera Shot cooldown. While the current rotation works (and very well, judging from sims and logs) it's lacking the reactionary playstyle found with other classes. While I'm not a fan of heavy reliance on RNG, it is nice to have to react to procs from time to time. Aimed Shot! hardly fits that bill, while Resistance is Futile is very "BM-esque" and not usually picked up by raiding hunters.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Replace Counterattack with something usable. Make Silencing Shot baseline for hunters. Make Disengage usable out of combat. Another Deterrence rework would be appreciated. A little more consideration for our melee range vulnerabilities during quest and encounter design would be much appreciated. The Molten Front daily "Into the Fire" sucks kodo farts when you have 3 other people doing it as well. When they ignore their adds and your Mend Pet pulls them all, it tends to be a headache.

What spells do you use the least? Aspect of the Wild, Immolation Trap, Widow Venom. Oh, and Counterattack. Nobody uses Counterattack.
Edited by Sarahjane on 9/15/2011 5:53 AM PDT
90 Goblin Hunter
Most of things I have problems with were covered by others. The main thing that I would like to see is either large changes to diversify the specs a bit more and the addition of new pet tameables ( mammoths, Thunder lizards, clefthoofs).

For spec changes it would be nice if there was a petless spec eg.marksman and maybe an option to go melee (beastmaster, I'm thinking about how rexxar played). all in all I've been happy with the hunter and the changes you've made over the years
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]