Class Feedback – Hunter

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Mostly heroic dungeons.

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Traps are one of my biggest gripes about playing a hunter. Traps are awesome in the fact that they can be placed on almost any mob, but the 3-second "arm time" is bugged or something, because I have placed a trap and watched a mob (even when the trap was placed there for more than 3 seconds) run right over it and it never went off. Also, Immolation trap does so little damage it might as well not even be in the spellbook. It's probably a DPS loss to take the time to put Immolation trap up.

What makes playing your class more fun? I love pure DPS classes in general because of the lack of "responsibility" I have when I am playing them. That being said, I also love looking for opportunities to help my group out with CC and interrupts. I also love buff-juggling with my pets.

What makes playing your class less fun? Worrying about being kicked because my damage is too low or something even though I am just starting out with gearing up. Another thing that is slightly irritating is the rate at which my bow degrades. I can barely go three dungeons without having to repair it. I can't imagine what it's like (money- and convenience-wise) to have to raid for long periods of time.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? It's a pretty solid rotation I think, not too many buttons to worry about (but not too little either) and I can still think about interrupting and CC-ing without messing up my rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I wish for traps to be less clunky.

What spells do you use the least? Immolation Trap, Snake Trap, Cobra Shot (because I am Marksmanship), Kill Command, Distracting Shot, Raptor Strike, Aspect of the Wild, Beast Lore. Also Counterattack in the Survival tree is one of the most useless abilities in the game. Hunters shouldn't be in melee range in the first place and have a very low chance to parry anyway.

There was another comment early on in this thread that mentioned having a spec with no pet. I think this would be an awesome thing to put into effect for a hunter. Solely relying on oneself instead of a pet would be an awesome feeling.
Edited by Scarlets on 9/13/2011 8:28 PM PDT
99 Night Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? I have done a lot of quests. I like to solo old content, or run it with groups much smaller than intended. I love heroics. I hope to raid more.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Ozruk still hates hunters, last I checked. Tenacity pets using thunderstomp should be able to hold down mobs when I'm keeping Mend Pet on. Kill command only works if my pet is standing completely still? It seems like it does.

What makes playing your class more fun? I love the versatility and independence. I love being able to pull 5 different class buffs out of my pocket. I love being able to off tank with my pet. I love soloing old content. I loved soloing quests that recommended 3 players.

What makes playing your class less fun? There are situations in which my pet is blamed for pulling more mobs by attacking something from behind while everyone else is attacking from the front to avoid getting too close to another pack. This has happened with my raptor, who has no aoe to possibly use, in Stonecore, in Lost City, and recently in Zul'Aman. I don't control where the pet stands, and I don't see any easy way to fix it, except to give another pet's length between packs of mobs. Not everyone is willing to kite mobs away from their location in order keep "stupid huntard pets" from wiping them; although this problem would melt away if tank would do so. Struggling to regen focus after a couple of multishots when everyone is using aoe and 3 mobs die in a row while I'm trying to cobra shot them. Struggling to regen focus when I have a death knight in my face who doesn't let me cobra shot him.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? As mentioned before, Kill Command has a habit of messing up my rotation if the target is moving and my pet isn't standing still when I give the command. On the other hand, it seems like my standard, recommended rotation includes only skills that are available to both other specs: kill command, arcane shot, cobra, cobra (and cobra if KC and haste allow). I pop bestial wrath when available, and I love it, but I feel like we're missing something.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Since this is a wish list, the following might be varying levels of crazy. Glyph for Deterrence that allows some amount of self heal maybe, or a glyph for deterrence that regens some focus for attacks deflected by deterrence. For Devilsaurs to be less noisy. Scatter Shot working as an interrupt on spells that can be interrupted. A single target knock back, possibly sharing a cool down with disengage. For my pet to remember how much Stamina I have, or to at least spawn with a more reasonable amount of hp based on level--I haven't had 6k since sometime in Outlands, and at 85 I have around 30k without gear, so why is the default hp so low? Hunters seem to disagree, does Kill Command benefit from Mastery, since it is a pet attack and all that Mastery does for me is increase pet damage? My "special skill" Intimidation doesn't go into my rotation, so I'm using Kill Command, a skill that other specs get to ignore in favor of their special skills. The whole point of Beast Mastery is using your pet. Crazy Wish: Beast Mastery Special=Kill Command 2.0 with appropriate name. Please?

What spells do you use the least?
Intimidation. I have to say, my special gift for being Beast Mastery never ever gets used unless I'm absolutely desperate for a stun; if I'm solo, I really never need a single target taunt to get a single target off me--Charge/Kill Command combo does the same thing with a heap of damage, and feign death will wipe my threat in a hurry, and misdirection does its job. In a group, the tank needs to keep threat, and intimidation doesn't even work as an interrupt, and so is useless unless the tank dies on us--and even then, I just don't use it. I've probably gone more than a month without using it. It has absolutely no place in my rotation. Aimed shot? Explosive shot? Do other specs use their special skill?

Scare Beast: I'm too afraid the target will wander into more mobs, or else the target is immune. Although there was a really amusing Beauty kill in BRC where I cc'd both pups and somehow maintained decent dps.

I know there are times when I could possibly use Master's Call in pve, I just usually don't. I'll have to work on using it more.

Immolation trap. Seriously, it does absolutely nothing that Explosive trap doesn't do better, unless I'm missing something.

Raptor strike. Hunters are ranged. When our other couple of melee skills vanished, I thought you wanted to enforce this, and then I met Ozruk. He is the only reason Raptor Strike is up where I can click it. More useful in pvp with a glyph I think.

Eagle Eye. I just don't feel a need for it.

Have I mentioned I don't use Intimidation? Because I don't use intimidation.
Edited by Cayslia on 9/13/2011 8:39 PM PDT
Just adding to the booming of voices: two things I'd really like to see returning are Mana (away with Focus, really reeeally hated it... T-T) and Volley - with a nice new animation of the hunter actually shooting upward. ;)

Also, one thing that should be noted is how, in PvP, it seems that gearing up for it was made only for Arena and Rated BG players. Getting marks for the latest gear set is painfully slow (although it seems to be the same thing for PvE...) - even for those dedicated BG players who can't go into rated BGs for a lack of personnel or hate arenas - but then, there they are, facing the occasional ubber-equipped foe in normal BGs.
Edited by Nelore on 9/13/2011 8:20 PM PDT
100 Worgen Hunter
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE, Survival Specs
    If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Raids
    If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N.A
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Require no ammo, able to keep few pets on the move.
    What makes playing your class more fun?

Flexibility. Example: 2 different types of CCs (Freezing Trap & Wyvern Sting).
Misdirections to aid tanks.
    What makes playing your class less fun?

My interest for hunters is Beast Master Spec but however, DPS output is low.
Limited Stable slots. Personally feel, sometimes farming for rare pets and keep them is quite relaxing.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Very good. As there's no fix rotations, it'll make the fight and game interesting.

Increase of stable slots.
Improve Beast Master Specs
New skill that i think of hope you can consider: Call of the Beast. Calling all beasts (enraging beast that store on character) to attack player's target for a limited time. Similiar to Death Knight skill: Army of the Dead.

Arcane Shot
85 Orc Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? Both]■
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [ BGs] I wpuld do arenas and rated if thier were a pug like feature as not all guild members are available at the same time for said arenas and bgs. By not having a pug like featur you are keeping many players from getting the latest and best gear. The dailey bg gives out far to few conquest points to make it feasible to get a full set of the current gear in a reasonable time example to just get one 3300 conquest item it takes over 65 days and that is with winning a bg each day during ones online gaming time not possible under many circumstances.
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. FOCUS IS TERRIBLE UP THE AMOUNT AND ADD A REGENERATION FEATURE TO SOME GEAR?GEMS?ENCHANT? like the regeneration buff manna users get from certian gear , TO long globals and certian attacks should not be on global period example rapid fire, explosive shot in other words the ranged weapon attacks are not really magic but an aspect of the weapon itself and as such need to have a seperate cooldown other then the global which affects all attacks. The fairly small amount of damage per second the ranged weapon specializied Marksmanship has compared to beastmaster. Ranged DPS should be Marksmanship max ranged DPS, Surival second and beast lowest. Certian attacks are in the wrong spec tree Explosive belongs in Marksmanship and arcane in beast. I.E. weapon effect attacks belong in a weapon spec tree. ■What makes playing your class more fun? Ranges of gun and speed reloading need to be increased under Masrkmenship. As you are trying to make hunter like samurai there needs to be an overwhelming attack I propose Sniper be added to Marksmenship at lvl 85 Range 100 yards must be camoflaged to use DPS 2000 times base weapon danage cannot be dispelled absorbed or negated. Cooldown 12 minutes. No class or spec is immune. 20% chance weapon recieves 5 to 50% damage upon use as the weapon is overdrawn,cranked or charged. ■What makes playing your class less fun? FOCUS the absolutley insultingly small amount coupled with global cooldown lewaves hunter very vunerable to all other classes. Also the speed buff given to rogues combined with the high movement and attack speed of Worgen rogues totally negates the flare and detect hidden talents. ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)■What’s on your wish list for your class? More Focus elimante global for weapon attacks better detect hidden ,increased flare detection area, longer silence shot duration up to 10 seconds , and Sniper be added to Marksmenship at lvl 85 Range 100 yards must be camoflaged to use DPS 2000 times base weapon danage cannot be dispelled absorbed or negated. Cooldown 12 minutes. No class or spec is immune. 20% chance weapon recieves 5 to 50% damage upon use as the weapon is overdrawn,cranked or charged. ■What spells do you use the least? silencing and tranquilizing shot due to it being on the global coupled with very limeted focus amount and the amount and durtion of countering heals makes it useless against a healer. You can shot them all day hit your cooldown and they regenerate health instantly hit you for large damage over and over till you die. Never mind if they have any other class with them you cannot win unless extremly lucky.
90 Draenei Hunter
# What type of content do you focus on?
    Primarily PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raiding (10 man normal current tier content), heroics, soloing older content, questing

# If PvP, what type of PvP?
    The occasional battleground

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• 8+ second cast time on rez pet!!! This is HUGE, even for a hunter specced into survival, the loss of a pet is a pretty big loss to dps. However, so is 10 seconds of not shooting. This really really needs to be reduced, especially considering how pets enjoy death by fire/exploding mobs/lava pools and the like.

• -Minimum effin' range (I'm looking at you, stack up/aoe add phases of Ragnaros and Occthular or whatever his name is - run in, drop traps, feign death to get the add off me, disengage back out to a range where I can multishot >.<)

• -The disappearing pet bar bug.

• -Two button trap launcher...this would be so much better served as a toggle for launching the traps at a mob or dropping the traps at my feet instead of something I have to press every single time.

• -Did I mention two button trap launcher?

• -Lack of a self-heal as a survival hunter.

• -Lack of fun minor glyphs that add flavor to the class. I mean we have like, what, four???

• -Friggin daze effect on aspect of the cheetah/pack. This would be SUCH a great ability for raiding if there were no daze. It’s not like hunters would be using it all the time. We would take too much of a dps hit being out of hawk. But there are some situations that would be so much less stressful and more fun if we could just pop that puppy and run for a couple seconds (I’m thinking of the fire puddles the leaping cat makes on Majordomo Staghelm...I have the assassin's step enchant, and even still, if I hesitate even for an instance in that puddle, I’m toast). As of right now I use Cheetah in cities when I'm running back and forth from the mailbox to the ah to the bank and Pack in raids when we're all running back after a wipe.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    I really enjoy focus instead of mana in PVE...but not so much as PVP. I love being able to run around like a drunken monkey as I pew pew while carefully using aspect swapping to maximize my on-the-run dps (allowing us to autoshot while moving was huge - and sensible. After all, the other physical damage classes continue to auto-attack while they move, and we're considered physical damage dealers, not casters. Yes, previously, you could stutter-step while watching the swing timer on Quartz or some other add-on, but with the "GET OUT OF THE FIRE NOW!!!" mechanics so common in Cataclysm raiding, stutter-stepping would have been even more challenging. So thank you - THANK YOU - for allowing us to auto-shot on the move!!!) Being a ranged, PHYSICAL class with a bunch of instant shots as opposed to a ranged caster rocks my socks. Being able to feign death during a wipe and save nine people the run back with mass rez is tons of fun as well. Oh let's see...pet tanking (not current content, but when I'm goofing off in old stuff alone or with a couple friends, and of course when I'm soloing or questing). Those are some of the biggies, but really, this list could go on for quite a while. I love playing a hunter.

...CONTINUED
90 Draenei Hunter
CONTINUATION...

# What makes playing your class less fun?
  • -Minimum range. Even though the tricks we use to get back out to range are fun and encourage us to think "out of the (hit) box", it usually winds up just being a pain in the pooper. Raid leader: "Okay everyone, for this phase, we all need to stack up here *places marker inside bosses hit box*. Me: "But..."

• -Clunky mechanics (TRAP LAUNCHER....Improved Steady Shot...well, really, the entire marksman shot priority queue...arcane shot being tied in to lock and load) that get in the way of my ability to be a fluid, graceful creature who rains down fiery arrows, slings stinging cobras, or entombs her enemy in ice.

• -Pet pathing/AI that leads my pet to believe that lava is a warm bath instead of death by fire. "Critbuff, NOOOOOOOO!!!" Pet pathing/AI that leads my pet to believe that he can't jump down 2 feet and that he must instead take the longest route possible, and that he should try (and fail) to make friends with every single mob along the way and bring them all to me (huntard moment extraordinaire...well, at least I can feign death and mass rez, right?). Pet pathing/AI that leads my pet to stand by my side growling at a mob that is sticking its head out a lava pool rather than going and chewing on it beside the melee (ahem, lava worms before Ragnaros anyone). Pet pathing/AI that leads my pet to die in a fire because he MUST stand behind the mob, even if behind the mob is in a lava pool. Honestly, part of me REALLY enjoys having a pet, but sometimes they're more trouble than they're worth.

• -Not having any damage reduction cd's or self-heal, leaving me entirely at the mercy of my healers (who thankfully are pretty merciful...which makes me feel even guiltier about not being able to help them out). Yes, deterrence is pretty great, but for its duration, you can't do anything else which kind of makes it a poor choice for phases that are heavy on incoming damage yet need focused dps (like the phase on Alysrazor where she's spewing the entire raid with damage while we go at her with all our might).

• -Realizing that the gap is widening even further between SV and MM and that I really really should swap specs for dps reasons even though I deeply dislike the MM "rotation". We were in a good place with spec balance for a while, but as predicted, MM is pulling farther and farther ahead as we get weapons with higher RAP.

...CONTINUED
Edited by Taeliana on 9/13/2011 8:46 PM PDT
90 Human Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? Quests, more than anything.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Right now, only arenas and regular BGs

What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to CC at a decent rate while still pulling off good damage.

What makes playing your class less fun? I can't really think of anything.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I like my PvP rotation. Not perfect, but it get's things done.

-Snake trap NEEDS to be updated. It's only useful against casters for the casting speed.

-I think the pets need a bit more variety in them. The new spiders in 4.2 got me all hyped up, I was kinda expecting them to have a unique ability. Maybe there should be a beasts "sub-class" Where as there are not just spiders or wolves. Maybe there could be a poisonous spider, or a speedy wolf. (Not good with names :P) The wolf could have a higher attack speed and maybe have a frenzy ability, while the spider could apply a crippling poison along with the regular spider web.

Cobra shot, Distracting shot.
90 Draenei Hunter
CONTINUATION...

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
      Well, it isn't really a rotation so much as a "shot priority list", but I feel pretty good about it for the most part. I really enjoy playing as Survival. I think the spec has a lot of fluidity in its priorities, and I find I can focus more on the encounter mechanics and cool environments instead of what buttons I need to push next. A couple things I have issues with:

• -Arcane Shot being part of Lock and Load. Just make it Explosive Shot only. Lock and Load procs frequently cap focus, and being able to use Arcanes in between Explosives would be a nice way to solve that issue. I've tried using Kill Command, but it just feels...wrong somehow.

• -Survival is lacking in the cool-down department. We get rapid fire every five minutes. That's it. Whoopity friggin doo. Oh yeah, and that ferocity pet CD that's also on a five minute timer. You know, the one that you don't always get to have, because sometimes you wind up bringing a cunning pet to cover some missing debuff? One could argue that we have CD's on our two signature shots, Explosive Shot and Black Arrow. However, every other spec has CD's on their signature shots as well, so that's a moot point. We don't have a really good "go to" for boss burn phases, and that sets the spec back even further IMO. On the other hand, much of the fluidity of the Survival spec is due to its seeming simplicity. Maybe a readiness-like talent in the SV tree to replace silly Counter-attack? I'd have to think on it for a while to come up with a viable CD that wouldn't throw things into chaos or turn the "rotation" into something as persnickety and unforgiving as Marksman's.

...CONTINUED
90 Night Elf Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Damaging traps should do alot more than they already do i never use immolation trap or explosive trap because of the poor damage it puts out (really poor).

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The whole fact that we are able to have pets and have some type of aid with different species of pets.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Not being able to move while stealthed, pets get a little glitchy at times and the fact that we cannot tame dragonkin :(

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

i feel very comfortable with it me being a BM Hunter i use Arcane Shot till I run out of focus then use Fevor to regain most of it back after that use Intimidation to stun then use Beastial Wrath and Arcane till they are brought down. Of course I am using my traps and scatter shot to gain some distance.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Tame Dragon-kin
Make Serpent Sting cause more damage in less time than it is now.
More Exotic Pets
Have Camouflage allow hunters to run while stealthed but keep the time limit,
Immolation and Explosive trap do alot more damage.
Make Raptor Strike inflict a Debuff or something along the lines of it.

■What spells do you use the least?
Immolation Trap
Explosive Trap
Widow Venom, no point in using it
Raptor Strike
Aspect of the Cheetah and Pack
Distracting Shot, I mean why would us Hunters have that in the first place?
90 Draenei Hunter
CONTINUATION...

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • -NO DAZE on Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack.

• -No minimum range, or a minimum range that is so minimal it’s almost non-existent...1 yard?

• -A self-heal or damage reduction CD that is useful and available to all three specs...revamping Widow's Venom somehow to drain life from the target and give it to the hunter would be awesome, and would take care of an otherwise useless shot.

• -Deterrence wipes dots and/or bleeds from the hunter. You could give it a shorter duration or a longer CD or something if that sounds too OP.

• -Another DPS CD for Survival.

• -An adjustment to Survival to let Explosive shot scale with RAP or bump up its single target DPS in some other manner.

• -A toggle for Trap Launcher so I could either be launching traps or setting them at my feet with one button press instead of two.

• -A glyph that makes Freezing Trap (the iceblock one) either unbreakable by dots already on the target, or makes it wipe the dots like Sheeping does.

• -Increased usefulness for Camouflage. Thus far I've found it to be useful for looking cool, sneaking around mobs if I don't feel like dealing with trash when soloing stuff, and sometimes in battlegrounds if I'm standing still so that I'm stealthed. That's basically it. On a one-minute CD at that. At the very least, if you're going to keep it as is, make it a toggle and give it a shorter CD.

• -Spirit Beasts usable by all three specs.

• -A "Stampede" type ability that lets you unleash all five of your available pets on the boss at once. That would just be so cool :P.

• -A knock-back ability would be fun. Not really wishing that hard for it, but hey, what's a wish list without a couple "it would be neat ifs..."

• -The old pet stances back - Aggressive, Defensive, and Passive.

• -More/better minor glyphs for flavor and fun.

• -Dual wielding as a viable option for weapons. I mean really, come on now, polearms are cool and staffs are awesome, but two swords, axes, or better yet - two fist weapons - are the way to go.

• -A current, up-to-date hunter class quest chain line like the one for the Rhok. I did that quest chain...at 80. I'm a Wrath Baby...I never even would have known about it except that it was mentioned in either Scattered Shots or on the Warcraft Hunters Union website at one point. Even though I blew through the quest line with no problem, I could see how amazingly cool it must have been for hunters in Vanilla. The idea of a quest chain that forces you to use all your abilities and really expand your skills and capabilities as a hunter is exciting to me.

• -A way for rares to be "tagged" and unkillable if a hunter is in the process of taming them. I don't really are too much about the Pokemon aspect of the game (although I’ve camped a couple of rares here and there), but I know it is an issue that is near and dear to many hunters' hearts.

CONTINUED...
  • Edited by Taeliana on 9/13/2011 9:03 PM PDT
    90 Draenei Hunter
    CONTINUATION...

# What spells do you use the least?
    • -Widow's Venom

• -Immolation Trap

• -Raptor Strike

• -Wing Clip (I use it occasionally in BG’s but it’s not even on my bars for pve)

• -Master's Call (I always forget that I have it :P)

• -Aspect of the Wild (EXTREMELY situational - I think the only times I used it so far this expansion is for the feud phase of Chimaeron and the crackles on Nefarian if we didn't have a shaman with us).

• -Feed Pet...Totally unnecessary now.

• -Scare Beast (the only time I ever used it in PVE was cc'ing an extra add on Beauty. Otherwise, I use it on RARE occasions in battlegrounds to scare off a cat or bear druid or a hunter's pet.

• -Eagle Eye...use it out in the world occasionally for fun, or sometimes in battlegrounds to see what's happening at another flag.

I would have said snake trap before, but I've found it to be very useful with the entrapment talent as an extra root for fights where I need to control a bunch of adds.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts on my favorite class. Although I complained about a lot of things, I just want to say that overall, I love my class and spec. I am happy that the developers are taking time to get feedback from the community. Thank you for making a wonderful game that I truly enjoy and for continuing to find new ways to please the players.

<3 Tae

PS - Sorry for the extraordinarily long posts(s). I really thought it through though and put a lot of effort into it, so hopefully it helps make hunters even better!
    85 Dwarf Hunter
    Both.

Heroics, raids, questing, & soloing old content

Arena & non-rated BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Love not having to worry about ammo or pet happiness. However, pets being summoned at full health would improve hunter quality of life dramatically. There have been lots of times where I needed to make an emergency pet change, either for pvp cooldowns or to pick up a dungeon boss when the tank dies, and it just gets one-shotted. This makes the change a costly waste, as I've spent the time to dismiss my first pet, but get a dead pet as a result. Especially costly in arena, as you usually can't get the time to revive pet. Also happens on occasion when questing, which is less costly, but just as annoying.

Being able to do my rotation on the run is amazing. Being able to tank with my pet not only saves my groups from wipes, but is impressive to boot. Camouflage is a fun ability. I love having to CC in instances, as it gives me something to do with all my utility & makes dps feel like a bigger part of the team, rather than just pew pew machines. Being able to provide pet raid buffs helps with that as well.

Minimum range. Hate it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I run SV for instances and BM for questing & pvp. I absolutely love the SV rotation. The BM rotation feels too simple to me, though. There are only a few buttons to hit - it really seems like they could use another ability.

I'd like a better distinction between specs. Right now, MM is statistically the best spec for anything you want to do. That irks me to no end. Especially when I get raid leaders & pvp partners scoffing at me for not being MM. I prefer the play style of SV & BM, and I'd like to see changes that really define what each spec is best at, rather than MM being the catch-all for power gamers.

I'd especially like for BM to feel more unique. Every hunter spec relies on their pets, but I'd imagine BM to be the spec that gets the most use out of them. Instead, they seem to be handicapped by their pets. BM hunters get perks to their pets, but they don't seem powerful enough to really distinguish a BM pet from normal pet. When I spec out my pets, I can get every talent I really want in SV, so the extra pet talents are just going to more trivial abilities. The biggest handicap I see is that BM hunters are useless once their pet dies, whereas MM is actually the spec that buffs its pet the most, but is just fine if it dies. BM needs some sort of overhaul to make it feel like a true master of beasts, rather than just "that other hunter spec."

Also, taming more creatures. I would love to be able to tame almost everything, and the idea of engineers having mechanical pets is an interesting one. I've also seen a suggestion for letting hunters use pets as mounts, and I have to say that would rock.

Counterattack, Raptor Strike, Eagle Eye, Immolation Trap, Beast Lore.

I have never, in all my years of playing, found a use for Counterattack. I used to use Raptor Strike (and the old Mongoose Strike) back when we had ammo, to conserve some on weak enemies, but it's been useless since ammo was taken out. I only touch Eagle Eye when I'm terribly bored defending a flag - never actually found a tactical use for it. Immolation Trap is *very* situational - I only touch it when I'm dueling, and I don't duel much at all. I used to use Beast Lore to see if I could tame interesting looking creatures, but nowadays I already know what I'm planning to tame, via Petopia.
    Edited by Axelrad on 9/13/2011 9:11 PM PDT
    90 Draenei Hunter
    09/13/2011 08:48 PMPosted by Nightfury
    Distracting Shot, I mean why would us Hunters have that in the first place?

It's helpful for peeling mobs off healers or for getting them to run over to you and into your trap if your launcher misses.
    85 Troll Hunter
    PVE, dont PVP much anymore

Heroic Raids, went 13/13 H, currently 6/7 H. Have raided through BC, WOTLK, and Cata

BG's and Rated BGs, rarely arenas because Hunters are so underpowered in arenas

The deadzone

Ranged, the pet, disengage

Focus # bug, pet talent bug, weak 85 talent (camouflage), virtually no self heal compared to every other class out there, THE DEADZONE which makes some PVE fights very frusterating and makes the learning curve jump way up for playing a Hunter in arena, since a decent Rogue, DK, Warrior, or Frost Mage can easily exploit the deadzone and destroy Hunters.

Its good, I prefer the old Mana style Hunter but im content with Focus.

A stronger self heal since all other classes have one. Spirit Bond and Chimera Shot heals are soooo minimal. Removal of the deadzone. Snake trap buff, it still does BC damage. More offensive talents. Right now we really only use 3-4 attacks, and it can get old. Some new shots would be nice. Maybe a shot with a 1min CD that does insane damage.

Camouflage. Arcane Shot. Any melee spells. SNake Trap.
    85 Night Elf Hunter
    got season 10 gear looks nasty as hell, all buck toof and what not, make a hunter look like a hunter and not all purple
    Both

All, from new raids to soloing old ones.

BGs

Traps' damage.

Control pets, ranged attacks, attack while moving.

The freaking low damage of traps, such as Immolation and Snake. Surv hunters have no self-heal skills. Pet bugs and comes with 6k health.

Its good, but its kinda tough to handle. MM rotation is too strict, no breathing rooms. Increasing ISS time would be nice.

Surv hunters to heal themselves. BM hunters bet a better "signature" skill, more offensive, like summoning more than one pet for a time. "In combat" use for Camouflage., Tame beast working like Mind Control on druids and wolf shaped shamans.

Immolation trap, Widow Venom..
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]