Class Feedback – Hunter

(Locked)

85 Goblin Hunter
What’s on your wish list for your class?

bring back Volly, all "Beasts" should be tameable, exotic or otherwise. a woodworking profession for making "Bows, Crossbows & staves. Duel weilding guns.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

MANA! NEED IT BACK, BUT DONT CHANGE THE CURRENT COSTS.
90 Draenei Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both, mainly PVE.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All of the above.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BG only so far

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Disappearing pet bar, that has got to be fixed ASAP.
Min range, although deter and disengage have addressed that, there are times when that is not viable. Take EotS for example, you dare not disengage when on the flag 'bridge' for fear of disengaging yourself off a cliff. Make at least some of our abilities a zero-range attack.
Pet Stable, with all those cool new hard to tame pets that were just added, plus all the other spirit beasts and special pets that require you to be on a quest to tame (for example), but stable is getting pretty full. Add more spots (for purchase even) to the stable, the 5 'on hand' are plent I think.
Trap damage/utility - the damage and threat of snake trap is way too low, have you tried to tame Deth'Lac while using snake trap? Just try and get him to even look at the snakes once you are into the tame and your threat is so high! I think the two fire traps are too similiar, perhaps add/replace one with a snare/dps trap... Bear Trap that reduced speed by #% and does X damage as a bleed effect.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
One word for you, Pets. Going after rares, hard to tames, challenging tames, new looks, etc....

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Some bitter hunter who kills your 'tame' before its complete. One two seperate occasions a BE Hunter and a Tauren Hunter have killed Deth'Lac while I was attempting to tame him. They (and friends) killed him before the tame was complete. I think pets being tamed should be immune to damage from anyone but the tamer or those grouped with him/her. This would prevent jealous hunters from stealing/killing your tame.
Also, threat and LOS. There are time when I have frost trapped or stunned a mob/target/etc to kite them LOS and they drop agro/combat on me. Change the LOS/Threat mechanic so that running aruond a corner with a slowed mob will not drop combat. Only Feign should allow combat drops, not LOS.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Good rotation with reliable procs.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
See above for some ansewers.
A few more flavourful tier 7 abilities. For example with BM add the abilities to 'call the pack' where your pets roars and his/her pack join the battle with "pet name". Think mirror image from mages, but for pets/hunters.
I have always wanted to be able to equip items on/for my pet. Not alot and not really armor for example. Maybe allow pets to equip rings for example. Just another way to customize pets. Maybe even a pet barber to change the skin 'a little'. Add tattoo's or skars. Destinctive spots or marking's etc.. Just a little fun injected to the game thats all.
Pet personality. The ability to tourn on or off, like anty other active pet ability, some personality. For example you pet might go catch a mouse or snake for fun, jump or roll over in play or make use of a fire hydrant (joke). But the ability to turn this off when in a dungeon/serious event. Again, a little game flavour.

■What spells do you use the least? I user ost, but the least used are the melee abilities, since I try to avoid melee range.
Edited by Conchobar on 9/12/2011 11:37 AM PDT
53 Human Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs mostly

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Minimum range is the biggest on bosses where you need to be stacked on the back of boss for aoe heals. Volley would be a nice solution for this, i always enjoyed having a spell that could be cast at any range. Having focus at only 100, i would much rather have maybe 200-250 to be able to have a little more saved up for certain areas of burst damage (ex: sons of flame on rag, don't like having to steady shot there without a stun or slow) The cd on chimera, explosive, kill command and cast time of aimed would still prevent this from being overpowered.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I love the pets (when they don't bug). The instant cast spells as range that can cast when moving. Its what separates me from the true casters.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Relying on pet for 2-3k of our dps. On fights where constantly have to switch to different targets they barely do anything. ( Beth would be a perfect example....adds constantly changing so pet doesn't get a ton of up time). The minimum range to hit targets, it would be nice to have this removed for PVE purposes for those stacking moments so we can continue our dps. I understand it in PVP and wouldn't mind it remaining there, but PVE too many people look at meters and ask why hunters lower. (DPS on shannox can drop significantly if the hunter is always the one being chased)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is very good, i do not mind it, it is just very tight, would not mind having a slightly increased focus bar just for those moments of high movement or burst.

I really enjoyed viper sting for pvp purposes, was the hunter version of drain mana, but with the new focus bar if could drain the mana of a caster and turn it into focus this would be very interesting.
Want to bring back volley for those stackable aoe situations so i no longer have to stand out of the group to dps.
I would LOVE an end game gun. playing a dwarf hunter the 1% crit to guns is almost never used. Currently in end game the highest IL gun is 365 versus the bows/crossbows at 378/391 heroic. It is not viable to use this lower gun for the added 1% crit. Horde hunters definitely get the advantage here with 1% crit to bows.
the trap launcher is awesome and using it is extremely useful, but having to use2 gcds to launch a trap is excessive. Bring back freezing arrow type spell to be able to just launch traps with one cooldown as well.
What spells do you use the least?
almost every spell has a purpose so i use them all in certain situations. Widows venom is perhaps my least used, but that is just due to the fact that i do not pvp as frequently as pve.
85 Night Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on?
-Both
-Firelands, starting progression on Heroic bosses
-BGs most of the time, 2k or lower 3v3 Arenas
- 1. Bugs, such as focus not displaying properly (the bar says I have 64 focus, I use Arcane Shot, the bar then says I have 32), ...
2. Longest-casting pet rez (which makes it impossible to get a pet back after it dies in PvP, and nearly impossible during a raid encounter)
3. A Hunter's PvP revolves entirely around kiting. Hunters that don't have godly kiting skills are just plain worthless.
4. Being useless in melee range (casters can be interrupted by certain other classes, Hunters can be interrupted by ANYTHING so long as they get into melee range). Traps don't count as having a use... in arena, we can't use any of them unless we really need to peel people off ourselves.
5. Our best peel shares a cooldown with our CC ability (Ice trap + Freezing Trap).
6. Traps can be taken by an unintended target, even a pet. I'd be fine with this if #5 was fixed.
7. Our CC doesn't remove DoTs and breaks on any damage, unlike the CC of other classes.
- Mobility is pretty awesome, You can 1v1 pretty decently, and smart Hunters can use their surroundings to greatly their advantage (although it is hard to do)
- 1. You can be shut down very easily just by getting melee-ranged (Dalaran Arena boxes.....).
2. Vs casters and other Hunters, it's only a fight to do more damage than the other guy (many casters can win against me just by abandoning any defensive measures and going full offensive on me)
3. Hunters are entirely reliant on having their cooldowns in PvP, which is why Marksmanship is the best spec by far of any other spec due to Readiness.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- My rotation is pretty interesting in PvE, and easy enough to keep up in PvP.
- 1. A hard-hitting melee attack (that might interrupt)
2. A DoT-cleanser/HoT to help with DoT classes and with self-sustaining in raid... since we can't very well defend against DoT classes and we're often one of the squishiest classes when it comes to taking damage (IE, we require the most healing in arenas, on fights like Baleroc and Majordomo where damage has to be taken on purpose, on fights like Nefarian where we have little to do about the massive raid AoE damage, and on fights like Heroic Shannox where we'll often be kiting Rageface out of range of the healers). It's frustrating when I finish up a fight with a DoT class and I'll die of dots unless I Feign->Eat. It also doesn't make sense for a Hunter to not be carrying around medicine. First Aid doesn't count... since every class in the game has a DoT that will prevent that.
- 1. Widow Venom - Never
2. Immolation Trap - Only when another Hunter in my raid is laying down an Explosive Trap for the boss pull, so they don't overlap.
3. Raptor Strike - Never in PvP, occasionally in PvE with glyph (Raptor Strike still triggers a 1.5 second global cooldown, by the way).
4. Aspect of the Wild - Never
5. Feed Pet - Never
6. Counterattack - Nobody's Survival, and nobody ever uses this even if they are.
7. Scare Beast - Never in PvE, sometimes in PvP
8. Freezing Trap - I never use this in raids.
Edited by Strykraishou on 9/12/2011 11:24 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other
All

Bgs

Compared to hunter's when I first started playing, I don't think they can be improved anymore. ^_^

Being a hunter in general! They are the most unique class in the game!

Snake trap. It's just flashy and annoys me that it's so useless.

Survival is nice and you can actually see haste benefitting you, MM is fun and hard hitting, BM is iffy, easy if its the normal spec but I feel it lacks; if your my BM spec... (oniisama draka) It's complicated as hell however I do top dps with it...

TAME A DRAGON

Widow venom, I actually forgot it existed till someone mentioned it above. What is it? make someone heal for 9k instead of 10k? or have your serpent sting tick for 5k crits and if your survival increase all your damage by 3%...
90 Night Elf Hunter

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• I have done both at various times, but primarily PvE.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• For all of BC and through half of LK, I raided extensively. From the end of LK to now it has been just heroics. I haven't stepped foot in a single Cata raid.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas in BC, only the occasional random BG since then. I do most of my PvPing on other characters.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• For me, focus. After 4+ years playing this class one way, the change to focus was both jarring and unwelcome. I realize a large portion of the hunter community never liked the idea of using mana, but it was just a name for a resource pool, nothing more. Having to build up your resource with a weak shot that can't be done on the run unless you severely gimp your damage and waste precious GCDs still hasn't take hold of me. In short: I thought I'd eventually adjust to focus, but I still haven't.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Both of these were answered in the quality of life question.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• It feels clunky and unnatural; takes too long to get flowing and depends on being able to stand still (which you usually can't do).

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• To go back to a mana bar. :) Call it focus or whatever you want, but revert the mechanics to the mana-style of casting. Being a clunky ranged rogue is not what made this class the most fun for me since 2005.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Immolation trap, I guess. I do sometimes feel like there are too many abilities, but I use most of them fairly often.
85 Human Paladin
-Both, emphasis on PvP

-Heroics, Baradin Hold

BGs and Rated BGs

-Trap Launcher, no matter how it's in a macro, requiring two button presses. Pet bar disappearing.

Highly mobile ranged class. A lot of instant casts. Amazing kiting ability against most melee classes.

Poor defensive cooldowns. Not being able to use Deterrence while carrying the flag. If that remains the case, Deterrence should remove DoTs in addition to it's current effect, or allow 50% Dps like the paladin Divine Shield. Basically the only class in the game without some form of decent self healing ability. Our method of resource regen can be slowed, from abilities like Frost Fever. No other class is hindered this way.

Decent. I never liked the new Kill Command. I though it put a little too much emphasis on the pet. So I switched to Marks and Survival. I like Marks playstyle. My only complaint is trying to get off Aimed Shots for burst in PvP. I also really like Survival playstyle, and would make it my primary spec but I find Black Arrow completely lackluster compared to Chimera Shot, and no spec feels "complete" without the final tier talent (most PvP Surv builds don't bother taking BA). Ways to fix Black Arrow: Put dispel protection on it, like a Spriest or Affliction Lock. Make the dispeller take damage from removing it. It should do more damage than either Fire Trap on single targets.

Better CC. Scatter is on a long cooldown, and Marks has an interrupt on an almost as long cooldown. Freezing Trap is easily dodged by careful players, and shares a cooldown with our best kiting tool, Frost Trap. I would like to see more interrupts, such as one for all specs, or a better on demand CC. Like turn Freezing Trap into Freezing Arrow: If Hit capped, never misses, and lower/remove the cooldown, but put it on DR with things like Poly and Hex. Make Snake Trap scale, they still hit for less than 50 damage each.

Easy. Widow's Venom and Immolation Trap. Also Aspect of the Wild (this would be a good place to start with self healing ability) and Feed Pet.

About Immolation Trap: It failed to scale in Cata. And that's fine. Surv has Black Arrow. If Freezing and Frost were separated, as proposed above, simply remove Immolation Trap. Hunters would then have three traps: Frost, Explosive, and Snake. They would all get Freezing Arrow, and Marks and BM would continue using Explosive in raids or PvP.
Edited by Goldhand on 9/12/2011 11:23 AM PDT
90 Draenei Hunter
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids, mostly, then Heroics and Quests

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

When I do PVP, it's usually Arenas or non-rated BGs. However, I'm not currently PVPing.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Quality of life is pretty good right now. I think my biggest concern at this point is that Hunters have been turn into the ultimate utility role and that causes some aspects of the life to be overwhelming. More on this below.

•What makes playing your class more fun?

I like that instant shots are the majority of our shots; I like that we can stand back and watch how things are unfolding and respond accordingly (and without necessarily gimping our dps). And I like the synergy with the pet.

•What makes playing your class less fun?

Minimum range, as I'm sure you'll hear a million times in this thread.
Always trying to determine the optimum pet to bring (I know there are add-ons and such, but I feel that Blizzard should provide a better means in-game for us to check whether our pets are being as useful as they can).
Having to keep a dozen shots hot-keyed on the rare chance I'll need them.
It's also not fun being the only class in the game where the "stat stick" is a main hand weapon. As a result, we're last to get upgrades against melee classes even though the stat disparity between main hand weapons and ranged weapons is significant (i.e., when a Hunter upgrades his stat stick he gets a much larger DPS gain than when another class upgrades their stat stick), and Hunters have to pay a significant higher cost in points towards PVP main hand weapons since other classes are getting a damage benefit from them.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For Survival I love it. For Marks, I feel like it's a little less forgiving; keeping Improved Steady Shot up seems harder than it should be. I also think the signature shot having 10 seconds (9 seconds glyphed) between castings is a little long, especially compared to the other specs. For BM, I dislike the "wait" with Kill Command, i.e. the pet needs to be in range, but I understand its requirement.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

Eliminate minimum range for all shots.
Eliminate a few of the shots and traps based on least-used on the survey; eliminating minumum range means you can eliminate all the melee attacks right off the bat.
Add an interrupt (Tremor Arrow?) that every spec can use. Remove Silencing Shot and Wyvern Sting from Marks and Survival as part of this. If necessary, give it a high focus cost in order to give it a lower cooldown (10 seconds or less) to make it raid-viable.
Rework the stat stick mechanic for Hunters. Either make stat sticks akin to relics and wands where they can be purchased with points (and fewer points in PVP), or come up with a new system where ranged weapons have higher stats for Hunters and stat sticks have lower.

•What spells do you use the least?
Counterattack
Immolation Trap
Eagle Eye
Beast Lore
Scare Beast (although I understand this has PVP utility)
Widow Venom
Snake Trap
87 Draenei Hunter
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Pve
# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids
# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
none
# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
MORE STABLE SPACE!!! If you catch all the spirit beast and the cata rare beast it leaves you with very few spaces to catch other rare beasts. These pets are almost like "companion pets" and are collectible. It hurt when i had to abandon my second karom, ban thalos, and skoll :'(
# What makes playing your class more fun?
Rare beasties
# What makes playing your class less fun?
Minimum range. A lot of fights require you to stack or stand close to boss so you cant use range. Either buff hunter melee or decrease minimum range, but not to the point where we can stand with melee and shoot arrows. I know. Minimum range and avoiding melee range will be tough.
# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Love hunter rotation.
# What’s on your wish list for your class?
More stable space and rare beast.
# What spells do you use the least?
Masters call
Edited by Villaneese on 9/12/2011 11:22 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
PVP

none

arenas

The clunkiness of scatter+trap, pet bar bug, min range (warriors no long stance dance, I shouldn't have to keep people off me that far), pet comes out with 7k health when called, our 3 second cast (aimed shot) frequently hits for less than instant casts like ice lance.

Kiting melee for days, despite their 90 gap closers these days.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
Too vulnerable to dot classes, Weakest solo class (everyone else has ridiculous self healing), the feeling: "my burst just failed to kill, time to pool up focus for 30 seconds where I'll try again", #1 complaint though: Dalaran sewers.

Conceptually it feels flawed for pvp. debuffs that slow attack speed lower our focus regen, make keeping up imp steady shot very difficult.

Remove min range (out-dated as per warrior example above), make widow venom/tranq shot not cost focus, take out some damage on chimera to add to steady shot so its not burst-wait-wait-wait-burst.

widow venom, immolation trap
Edited by Aliciakeys on 9/12/2011 11:40 AM PDT
90 Tauren Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids mostly. I run heroics as well, but not as often.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I dabbled in PvP during Wrath but haven't done any since Cataclysm launched. I mostly did BGs and Wintergrasp.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I really, really wish we had a self heal outside of the BM tree. Also, minimum range is extremely irritating at times (and that's a theme I have been seeing throughout this thread).

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Almost everything. . . honestly, I love the hunter class so much that I have 5 of them spread across various servers!

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Minimum range. I've figured out work arounds for a lot of fights, like Occu'thar and the eyes, but it's an issue that I would like to see dealt with. Since we ignore so many other laws of nature (shooting underwater, anyone?) I don't see why we can't have a point blank shot, even if a standard bow isn't effective at that range.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
My rotation is in a good place.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Point blank shot(s)! A self heal for all 3 specs. Black Arrow off the cooldown for the fire traps since I have never understood why it would share the cooldown, it's neither fire nor a trap. The removal of melee abilities from survival. . . there has to be something we could get that's better.

■What spells do you use the least?
Raptor strike, wing clip. . . all the incredibly useless (to me) melee abilities in SV.
85 Undead Hunter
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

Raiding, just started on heroics in the Firelands. Also soloing/duoing old content for fun.

This has been mentioned, but I agree that the minimum range requirement for our class can hinder us during certain fights. Anytime I need to stack due to mechanics, or get targeted by a mob that I can't drop aggro from right away, that's time that I am not an asset to my raid because I can't dps. While I understand it's a class mechanic, I wish there was a way to allow myself to attack a close target with my main abilities, even for a short amount of time.

I love the hunter class. I love being able to tame a pet, I love being a range dps that can attack on the move, and I love having a ton of fun abilities to mess around with during an encounter to survive.

Minimum range, and stated above. I would also like my pet bar to stop disappearing.

Another poster mentioned this as well. As a MM hunter, my rotation feels rather tight since many of my abilities cost 40-50 focus at a time. I feel like I have to spam Steady Shot an awful lot during a fight just to remain useful.

More unique model pet tames with challenges. I love the ten challenges that 4.2 brought, but I did not feel like there was a lot of variety. We got two different colored ghost cats, a ghost bird, five spiders, a molten cat, and a molten crab. I just feel that if there's a special taming challenge, the pet should be totally unique from anything else in game, not just a different color.

I would also like the minimum range issue to be looked at as well.

Just focusing on PvE abilities, I don't use Raptor Strike at all.
90 Pandaren Hunter

Primarily PvE content. What little Arena I did last season, I did not enjoy that much. My partner and I pushed to 1200 or so before we got bored, annoyed, and distracted (real life issues and in game conflicts).

I've almost completely stopped running Heroic dungeons on this toon, but make it a point to cap my VP for a month or so with each new tier of content. I've downed 3 bosses in FL, with experience on two more, but have had put down raiding due to conflicts outside of the game. I've gone from 6 - 10 hours per week in normal mode raids, to maybe 3 per week over the past two weeks.

I am a quest junkie though, and ran through all of the Molten Front dailies to complete the achievements, quests, and get the gear. I did the original Loremaster achievements, and am making progress on the new Loremaster achievements. I'm also going back to build some obsolete reputations for mounts, titles, etc.

N/A

The disappearing pet bar bug is a big deal. I've adjusted my playstyle so that I dismount before entering any portal, but I often forget. I can reproduce this behavior every time by mounting a flying mount, ascending so that my pet disappears, then going through any zone change that requires a loading screen (portals, instance queues, logging out)

I understand that the ability Call Stabled Pet was removed because we are now able to maintain 5 active pets at any given time. However, I generally have all five active slots filled, and am nowhere near a stable master when I see a pet that I like. The five pets that I carry around most often are necessary for my normal routines, and I do not want to abandon any of them. I would love for a similar ability to Call Stabled Pet, but on a longer cooldown (say 2 hours), that would enable use to swap out our active and stabled pets.

I also enjoy playing both the MM and BM trees, but have been pigeonholed into MM for raiding, while BM fulfills a niche role for me. I tend to use my BM spec just to solo/duo out-of-date content instead of using it as a viable raiding or dungeon spec. I enjoy both specs and would like to play both in relevant, end-game content. However, there are several issues that prevent me from playing BM for my raids. For 1, any mechanics that hurt melee DPS (high movement, lots of low health adds, target swaps, etc) hinder the performance of BM. Furthermore, even in similar ilevel, fully optimized gear, BM just does less damage. It'd be very hard to argue that I should be allowed to raid in a spec that is 3 - 6K DPS lower when I have a stronger spec available.

While I realize the previous paragraph does go against the spirit of your first DO NOT do this bullet, it is a massive QoL issue. I enjoy both specs, and the spec I choose to raid in should be about enjoyment and numbers, not just numbers.
85 Troll Hunter

I focus most on PVE content.

Raids.

N/A

The hunter deadzone should not apply to PVE bosses, I agree it makes sense to have a deadzone for PVP but when its comes to PVE I dont think there is a good reason for it and it just singles out hunters from any other class when its comes to bosses where everybody stacks up in melee range.

The Different pets to choose from and the utility they bring make hunters pretty fun. If only extremely rare pets weren't just cosmetic I would have a reason to go look for them. :)

Fights where you get a damage buff but your pet dosent.

I feel like aimed shot should not reset your auto shot, it has a cast time that should be handicap enough. Especially with the T12 4p bonus where the proc is based on auto shots.

Flying pets. Im a ranged class 10% of my damage shouldn't have melee restrictions. :)

Raptor strike.

Edited by Silversagé on 9/12/2011 11:33 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Hunter

Pushing the bounds of what I can and cannot do, either solo or with a buddy. I recently duo'ed about half of Naxxramas with a Balance/Resto Druid and had a lot of fun. Going up to the bosses and saying, "What's he do", "I dunno", "Inccomming" was a lot of fun. Trying to down Patchwerk was no easy task, and we actually missed the enrage timer. We still beat the encounter, but it's just fun to push the bounds of what can be done.

The transition from mana to focus was the best thing to happen to this class. I played for about 6 - 8 months as a Hunter with mana and enjoyed myself, but absolutely loved every minute of the focus conversion. We became a completely new class, one that is much more fun to play in my opinion.

Feeling that I can't raid as a BM Hunter because the spec is much lower DPS than MM. Also, BM is a 3 button spec, that's not fun, it's boring. Please give BM another DPS ability that isn't linked to our pets.

Relearning the MM rotation after the transition to focus came like second nature to me. Before reading any guide or watching any video, I was able to pick up a very good rotation that felt natural and fluid. Doing a little more research has refined my approach, but not fundamentally changed what I was doing.

I am still not sure about the BM rotation, and just try to keep Kill Command on cooldown and fire off as many Arcane Shots as possible. By its design BM has better, yet more random, focus regeneration and I find myself sitting at full focus more often. Going big red kitty and turretting Arcane Shots is fun, though. There doesn't seem to be a good BM rotation that I have found (with and without Focus Fire).

Change Kill Command from its current form to a buff on the pet. I described this in another thread, but here it is again. Kill Command should give your pet a buff, so that it's next attack will be a buffed attack. It should do normal pet damage plus whatever Kill Command does now, so that no damage output is lost even though we are replacing our next attack with the Kill Command. Pressing Kill Command would put a buff on the pet that lasts 15 seconds, give or take, and makes Kill Command unusable by the Hunter. Like Misdirection, if the Kill Command succeeds (hit or miss), then the ability goes on cooldown, and if the buff falls off, then it is usable again. This would alleviate the melee requirement on Kill Command while still requiring that the pet is in melee range to use the ability.

An extra DPS ability that isn't tied to the pet would be nice as well. Currently the 3 button setup for BM gets dull really quickly.

I am happy overall with the MM tree, though Resistance is Futile is an odd choice for this tree, possibly move it to BM.

Counterattack...did you even have to ask?
Q1:What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
A1:PvE
Q3:If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
A3:N/A
Q5:What makes playing your class more fun?
A5:lots of raid utility
Q7:How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A7:At the moment, i feel like a mage. i am hard casting aimed shot because it is just the best at the moment.
Q9:What spells do you use the least?
A9:Widow Venom/Snake Trap
Edited by Boejob on 9/12/2011 11:27 AM PDT
85 Worgen Hunter
    I generally focus on PvE, but dabble in PvP occasionally.

Heroics until I have all possible rewards from those vendors, and then I move on to Raids.

BGs mostly arena and rated bgs are just not my thing. I get more enjoyment out of BGs.

Not having a viable AoE for PvE content. I mean sure we have traps/multishot, but when it comes down to certain bosses where you need AoE we are lacking in that department. Please give us volley back or at least some kind of an AoE!

The versatility to basically solo anything most other dps have issues with. I also enjoy collecting rare pets to play with.

Not being able to use BM as a viable raiding spec. We collect all these unique pets, and every expansion BM is basically the bottom of the bucket in DPS I wish we could actually use it besides solo and lvling.

Rotation is fine, but I feel like it has to be done a certain way or you lose so much dmg from it. Basically I want a little more breathing room with it.

An AoE similar to volley returned, BM actually being able to keep up in raid dps, more choices in pets, and I know this is out there but using our pets for mounts/pet armor.

Widow venom, Eagle eye, beast lore, immolation trap.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? I do BH every week...

If PvP, what type of PvP? I cap with arenas with my IRL friends, some rated BGs with my guild and BGs for fun.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Not being able to shoot up-close when snared by a warrior or mage is very rough at times.

What makes playing your class more fun? Kiting. The damage. The pets. Being an archer class is awesome.

What makes playing your class less fun? The pet bugs (pets getting stuck or disappearing), pet AI, our pets not capable of jumping down from ledges (the blade edge arena bridge), trap launcher is a bit clunky

How do you feel about your “rotation”? It's fine. But as far as pvp goes, focus regen becomes a bit of a pain.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Better pet mechanics, some sort of LoS resisting shot, being able to use moves at close range if snared, making black arrow undispelable, trap launcher improved and..... aesthetic pet armor? =)

What spells do you use the least? Beast Lore, Widow Venom, Aspect of the Wild, Immolation Trap.

Side note: Been playing since 2007. I love my class and have adapted to all of its changes (good and bad). Hope this helps, blizz!

Cheers! =)
90 Undead Warlock
I wish a hunter's forcus worked more like a rogue's in the regen factor and use of the skills instead of dumping a ton as marksmen and doing steady to regen it

Also I would like the return of Eyes of the beast and to change one of the beastmaster talents to allow you to control 2 ot 3 pets for a short time with a cooldown
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]