Class Feedback – Warrior

(Locked)

Community Manager
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
90 Orc Warrior
OOO a sticky! - will edit with more detailed reply

Thread Questions & Repsponses:
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
      Both: Last 3 years PvE (Guild GM), Last 2 years PvP and exclusively PvP since the release of Firelands. My responses are mostly tailored around PvP which I really hope receives a similar level of attention as PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
      End-game 25m raids along with 5m farming and quests for achievs

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
      Arena and 3v3 in particular as well as random BGs when Arena partners aren't on

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
      Current viability in PvP is overall a quality of life problem due to complete reliance on other classes. Obviously Arena should be a team based game with synergy between classes however being one of the most easily controlled and least mobile melee class leaves us as virtually useless without constant dispels. Overall quality of life improvement would be a change to Warrior mobility.
        Charge - resolve charge jumping by emulating shadow step mechanic or including a 3 second run speed increase so that we can at least reach our target with a charge
        Hamstring - one of the weakest slows in the game that requires GCDs which lowers damage potential. Either provide a run speed mechanic or incorporate hamstring into other ability to auto-apply or improve its slow to reduce speed further similar to Rogue
        Heroic Leap - fails constantly, any pebble or hill = can't use it
      Lastly, a quality of life issue is the fact that Warriors have Guide threads that never get stickied no matter how many posts and sticky requests they get:
      Arms Warrior PvP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592648205
      Arms Warrior PvE: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2661297161
      Prot Warrior Flag Carrying: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089113503

What makes playing your class more fun?
      Mobility, Damage and filling a niche from something like the old Mortal Strike healing debuff which gave Warriors a 'flavor' apart from other classes

What makes playing your class less fun?
      - Easily controlled by other classes without a dedicated dispeller.
      - Lack of mobility and mediocre damage makes the Warrior class feel expendable since various other classes bring so much more to the table (CCs, shorter CDs, slows, bleeds and damage).
      - Lower damage then what other classes bring to the table

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
      I am fairly happy with Warrior rotation with the exception of having to constantly re-apply slows such as hamstring.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
      Above all I think the game as a whole would be immensely improved if you would balance PvE and PvP separately. Clearly you have made exceptions such as Colossus Smash and I think everyone would be much happier if balance decisions were tailored to their specific audience. Currently every decision has to be scrutinized 100 different ways because of unintended issues due to PvE and PvP considerations. The benefits of balancing separately would exponentially out-weigh the drawbacks.
        1. Improve mobility with a fix for charge jumping (or give intercept back and replace the stun with a daze effect) and some sort of ability to break roots on a certain cooldown. Hamstring should provide a higher % slow effect or at least be applied or maintained from other abilities similar to Rend/Mortal Strike. Heroic Leap still fails constantly =(
        2. Return the Warrior niche. Mortal Strike was our iconic ability that gave Warriors a role to fill; 10% healing reduction provided by virtually every class is basically a trash debuff at this point, we really need it brought back up to something like 30%
        3. Spell reflect. The CD nerf made sense for Prot Warriors in an RBG setting but ruined viability for Warriors in an Arena setting; we need a CD reduction provided somewhere in the Arms tree where a Prot Warrior can't reach it.
        4. Removal of Recklessness increased damage taken mechanic, it puts Warriors at a severe disadvantage when compared with multiple other classes with similar damage cooldowns but who don't have a drawback on their use.
        5. Bladestorm, our 31 point ability hits extremely weak and is mainly used as a root break. Its damage should be increased especially considering multiple classes can disarm it or deathgrip it away

What spells do you use the least?
      Whirlwind, our other old iconic ability has fallen to the status of 'PvE trash only' which is sad

Didn't you have a different Avatar Nethaera? What's up with the candle.
Edited by Squirrelnut on 9/12/2011 10:20 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Bgs/Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? none I can think of

What makes playing your class more fun? The ability Charge/intercept, being able to get back into battle or a target after being knocked away or cut off so you can continue the fight!

What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to self heal as well as other classes. Rogues have recuperate, paladins can self heal. I mean enraged regeneration is great, but a 3 min cooldown seems a bit much. Maybe lower it to 2 mins? decrease its heal factor or make Victory rush a HoT because when you are max health and use Victory rush its one big heal, 34k heal to heal 3k worth of health lost, but then I take 6k dmg afterwards. Not super efficient

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Rotation feels right, but rage still feels super dynamic. I'll have lots of rage at one time and then have all trinkets and procs go off, but white swings miss generating no rage making me miss out on a dps gain. Need an attack that doesn't do any damage maybe but generates rage to get the ball rolling. Not sure what to do there or if it needs fixing

What’s on your wish list for your class? I wish charge/intercept had a different animation, just my own aesthetic look, but I wish charge left a after trail of images like how an ethereal moves. A shadow of images in a line showing that speed of the warrior charging

also wish heroic leap had a cooler ground stomp animation, like the fire cats in majordomo in firelands have the ground shoot up when they land.

What spells do you use the least? As a fury warrior, heroic throw is used the least. I instead of having a cooldown, it should just cost 10 rage to use so it can be used more than once, but it gives no rage back when used so possibly a ranged rage dump for us if needed for those phases where a boss goes into the air. Because then I'm on the ground doing nothing. Also shattering throw because I have to switch stances for that. Inner rage also gets no play time
Edited by Kenseimoto on 9/12/2011 1:39 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior

PvP

N/A

BGs/RBGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

This will be controversial, but I think requiring certain stances for certain abilities (i.e., need to be in defensive stance to use disarm) is just dated. It requires us to layer a bunch of macros to get a stance switch and ability activation.

I would allow all abilities to be usable in all stances. The cool tweek I would do is to have a higher rage cost for activating an ability in the wrong stance (for example, if I want to disarm someone in battle stance, perhaps the rage cost will be doubled). This will allow the warrior to make the choice on whether to spend the extra rage, or consider a stance switch if he plans on using a few abilities native to a particular stance.

Playing as prot, I enjoy the enhanced mobility and wide range of debuffs.

I am largely dependent on teammates, as the spec is inadequate for solo PvP or arenas.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I am fine with it.

- Heroic Leap that is usable more frequently (too many terrain issues make this ability unreliable)
- As mentioned above, rethinking how stances should be used
- I'd love more DPS as prot, but perhaps you would only buff that aspect if I went to a different stance

- I use them all frequently, except ones that are outside my spec or require different stances (I try to stay in defensive stance, except in particular situations where it is more optimal to switch out)
Edited by Charäx on 9/12/2011 9:33 AM PDT
90 Undead Warrior
Take the shouts off GCD, or at least reduce the CD.
Edited by Votakra on 9/12/2011 9:26 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior
Pretty much exclusively PvE: some raiding, some heroics, plenty of daily quests (point of interest for future questing ideas, how about some daily quest chains).

My main gripe is how ineffectual Haste has traditionally been for Warriors. It's still a generally bad stat after 3 expansions. I should clarify that. Haste isn't bad, but rather it's been the ratings conversion rates that have been. It simply does not do enough.

Fury Mastery. Bleh.

Retalliation. This needs to be triggered from any melee attack made against you, not simply those attacks that make it through completely. When I block-cap I literally cannot unload a SINGLE charge of Retaliation, even into a crowd of 6+ mobs swinging away at me. So regardless of a parry, dodge, miss, or block, let me retaliate.

What makes my class fun? Charge, Intercept, Intervene, Heroic Leap. I love being a flying armored juggernaut. I'd love to see more class/spec synergy between using these abilities and more often. Things like +100% shield slam damage following using Charge.

That's about the extent of things that bug me with my warrior. Everything else is fun and interesting to play...though that is somewhat contingent on the active mitigation ideas in the pipe.
85 Worgen Warrior
# What type of content do you focus on? PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

1) Rage cap could be increased to at least 120 which would make a HUGE difference and make it easier to manage rage.
2) Needing to use shattering throw could use no stance restrictions.
3) Battle should/Commanding shout could have no GCD restrictions
4) Using taunt could have no stance restrictions - for example, having a job on bethilac encounter to taunt down the Cinderweb Spinners is really frustrating because you have to constantly lose rage for switching to defensive stance in order to taunt

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The way class scales with gear is fun.
Rage is the most fun resource bar for sure. New rage model makes you notice when you get gear upgrades as that enables smoother rage generation and more forgiving rotation
Having strong cooldowns as death wish and recklessness is fun.
Class mobility is fun.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

With new rage mechanic I feel that rotation became slower and thus it is little less fun than it used to be in WOTLK. It's not necessarily bad, though.
Having white miss streak is not fun which could lead you into being rage starved.
Aoe is in a bad spot. Cleave is not strong enough to make you use it on multi-targets.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Like mentioned above, I do feel that rotation became slower, but mainly because we are forced to avoid using heroic strike unless having high rage generation to be able to use your "regular rotation" properly and heroic strikes along with it.

Another thing that changed was our aoe damage. When in WOTLK it was a no brainer to spam cleave on 2-3 targets, currently it's hardly a dps gain to use cleave even if there are 3 targets. It appears that using your single target rotation is a dps gain. We are only using cleave, replacing heroic strike as a rage dump when we have more than 1 target to dps. I feel like cleave should be a stronger ability so that we would feel confident using it when there is more than one target to dps.
On the other hand Whirlwind is in a good spot.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Cleave becoming stronger and more attractive ability to use in a multi-target situations.
Battle Shout becoming off the global cooldown
Making mastery and haste more attractive stat rather than crit being aboe all secondary stats.
Rage cap increased.
Taunt having no stance requirements
Shattering throw having no stance requirements.

# What spells do you use the least? Shattering throw, Whirlwind, Cleave
Edited by Grimraven on 9/12/2011 10:49 AM PDT
85 Human Warrior
- What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

- If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I plan on doing rated bgs, but right now I only do arenas and normal bgs

- What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Charge jumping and Heroic leap no being usable in any terrain outside of flat ones.

- What makes playing your class more fun?

Mobility and Damage.

- What makes playing your class less fun?

Getting cc'd too much

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Im fine with it but having to constantly waist gcds on hamstring is a pain

-What’s on your wish list for your class?

1)Charge jumping fixed

2)Mortal Strike debuff up to like 25% healing reduction ( this used to be the warrior signature ability, now everyone has it and it sucks), or atleast charge the effect to something useful.

3)Spell reflect nerf reverted or reduced cd for arms, I understand that it was very op as a prot warrior in rated bgs but arms warrriors in arenas suffered heavily because of this nerf.

4)Closossus Smash buffed to 70% to keep it in line with other debuffs such as Exposable Weakness

5)Bladestorm damage increased. It's very weak for a 31 point talent and as somebody already said, is mainly used as a rootbreak
Edited by Nefarius on 9/12/2011 9:06 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Warrior

PVE

Raids

N/A

AOE rotation is flimsy.

Abilities like Heroic Leap, intercept, etc...

Occasional rage starvation. T12 bonus makes me feel like i can't instantly respond to it cause i have to save Shouts to line up with other CDs. Also, any form of PVP

Single target the rotation is ok. Have some decision making to do but so much that it distracts from other gameplay aspects. Wish that Execute were more important to the <20% rotation other than just to maintain stacks.

AOE rotation is lacking.

As few changes as possible for the next X expansions. We have all the tools we need.

I'm never in battle stance so that skews things like overpower and shattering throw. I rarely use intervene when tanking.
What type of content do you focus on?

The concerns here are strictly about PVE FURY WARRIOR, for RAIDS - Heroic modes.

Rage management and poor talent tree. It is not difficult to manage rage, but you have to set your gear and reforges ALL THE WAY TO CRIT AND HIT, there is no other way to be effective. Haste and mastery are really bad ATM and we can't even think about reforging to those.

About the talent tree: There is no variation we can do for any fight in this game to make us more... effective. Our talent tree is so poor that the default composition gets all the important talents, and useless talents like blood craze just stand there to never be used.

What makes playing your class more/less fun?

Warriors used to be a bursty class (we still are bursty, but not as we could be in the past), and we got that ability nerfed because of PvP issues. While considerable, the PvP-PvE balance really screws the game. It was fun to be at the end of recount list when Magmaw got impaled, get everything on and see your numbers go up and up. It is a play style, warriors like to be bursty and furious, otherwise we would roll a rogue or something else. Burst is our iconic quality, do not take it away from us.

Another problem: AoE. With the cleave nerfs, it is not even worth to use cleave anymore. The meat cleaver idea looks fine, but if you think about and encounter like Heroic Majordomo, those cats die before you stack 3 cleaves. So either you cleave majordomo alone to get the stacks, which is a DPS loss, or you cleave without the stacks, which is another DPS loss. Doing our single DPS rotation is better than helping on AoE, which makes fury really different from what it used to be.

The rotation seems fine, using a priority system to fill a X - Y - X - Z rotation, where X is always Bloodthirst.

One of the current problems is Raging Blow. It's damage is really low, and has no real benefits when used. Bloodthirst has the highest DPS (damage per rage), procs some talents like bloodsurge and battle trance, and has increased critical chance; Heroic strike has super increased critical chance with incite, which means that it will probably trigger flurry for you and make your rage flow better - which makes it better than RB when we have such low crit ratings (27% unbuffed in my case).

Another issue that is a problem alone, but contributes for the Raging Blow problem, is the current state of MASTERY as a stat for us. It is the worst stat, even worse than haste, which is surprisingly bad. Since raging blow scales with mastery, not going for mastery makes us almost forget about raging blow. We're forced to use it because the last tier's bonuses are all linked to it, so we end up using a skill we would not use at all just to maintain a buff, as in tier 11, or as a rage dump, as in tier 12.

Without stacking crit and hit, we don't have a reliable rage flow. With higher crit and 8% hit, you might be able to get rage for your impprtant attacks, but your melee dmg is gonna be low and you risk having some bad miss streak on an important burn phase or something like that. Having to stack crit and hit, you necessarily let mastery aside, even if it was a good stat (currently it isn't, as listed above).

Something has to be done so we have a more reliable rage generation, mastery needs to be buffed so it becomes an interesting stat and brings Raging Blow as an interesting skill on our rotation. Make it so that raging blow does half it's damage on Players, as you did with Colossus smash, and let us have our powerful raging blows on bosses. It was supposed to be an iconic skill, but it hits like crap and every top notch warrior prefers saving rage for the next bloodthirst or a well placed heroic strike than to risk using a raging blow and get... what, like 18k damage from it. And we need our AoE skills back.

Buff mastery, make RB attractive, nerf it on PVP but not on PVE as you did with colossus smash, and let us have more rage per hit... I'd say.

Raging Blow: It's damage currently sucks.
Inner rage: It is VERY situational, and spamming HS or Cleave is really not that effective. What about making them cost half, so we can use them and other spells without needing bloodlust or massive AoE boss damage to make it useable?
Edited by Luna on 9/12/2011 9:56 AM PDT
90 Human Warrior

PvE

I mostly focus on current end game content and Hard Mode Raids.

Don't really PvP with my warrior. It would require me to carry around
too many gear sets.

Please fix Heroic Leap. It's probably the most fun and awesome ability in the game and at
the same time one of the most annoying. It fails way too often because of a slight incline or a rock in the way. Taking our shouts off the gcd would be a great quality-of-life improvement.

Mobility by far. Charge, Heroic Leap, Intercept are just pure fun. I love the feel of having
off the gcd strikes (Heroic Strike, Cleave). It makes the action feel faster and I don't feel
like I'm waiting on the gcd like I do with all my other toons.

The chunkiness of Fury and relying on RNG to be able to hit one of our main abilities
(Raging Blow). Nothing sucks more than having no way to enrage yourself and your
just sitting there doing nothing for a couple seconds on a boss fight. Not fun.

Our tanking rotation is awesome. I've been a "Main Tank" since vanilla, and with the threat buff recently, I think you guys have really got it right with warrior tanking and rotation.
You know that saying "If it isn't broken, don't fix it"? I fear you guys will strip our class and rotation down just so you can say you changed something. If I wanted to tank like a DK I would roll one. It seems that most of the tanking qq comes from DKs and now you want to change all the other tanks to have the same problems. No Thanks.

Fury rotation is what you need to work on, not tanking. As I stated previously Raging Blow
just seems broken. It happens all too often where I've used my Berserker Rage already
to keep myself enraged and because of RNG I have a huge gap in my rotation. I can't hit
Raging Blow. If you are doing it "right" there shouldn't be downtime. This is why a lot of
players liked the Arms PvE spec so much more. Arms PvE felt smooth and constant and if
you guys didn't' nerf it like you did I would still use it today.

Tri-Specs. As a tank in a 25man raiding guild it's almost required to have a good dps set
as you guys like to make encounters that don't require many tanks. So if I wanted to pvp
at all I would have to choose whether to sit out on a fight (not my turn to tank or another
tank is better for the situation) or respec everytime I felt like doing a battleground. Not fun.
Take shouts and/or rage generating abilities off the gcd.

Spell Reflect. It was and awesome ability that has almost no use now.

P.S. Let me Transmogrify my Thunderfury. I earned it and I should be able to show it off
during raids.
Edited by Wrathidius on 9/12/2011 10:41 AM PDT
90 Undead Warrior
PvP

Arenas, BGs, trying to get invited to rated BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Heroic leap<3

I like that they just carry a 'gladiator-like image'. The looks of them, the charge and heroic leap... these are what makes the warrior class unique, and it's what makes them a warrior. I don't know, my personal view and preference, but I love the 'warrior' aspect to it.

It's all melee combat, but i'm not concerned with that. It's that we have heroic throw and heroic leap to help us with ranged units, but they are so easy to get away from if you play another class. Neither cause stuns or interrupts, so to me it's like I use heroic leap more to escape than to attack now.

It's fine. Haven't had any problems with it.

Like heroic throw, we need a type of throw ability that can interrupt spell-casting. Otherwise we have to charge, pummel, throw-down, which are all melee.

Pummel and/or disarm - they don't last too long for me. That may come as a shock but oh well, I've done fine without them.
90 Gnome Warrior
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PvE Exclusively

Heroics, some raiding, but not in a raid guild.

None that I can think of. The new threat generation numbers are a godsend.

Everything! Warrior Tanking is amazingly fun to me. Please please please don't make it like Blood DKs!!!!

Having my Challenging Shout on cooldown when I need it again D:

Not amazingly complicated. I wish there was an aura though for when Shield Slam becomes usable.

I wish Challenging Shout had a shorter CD. It's the only AoE taunt we have, and languishes in uselessness if I need to pull a pack off a DPS more than once every couple minutes. (which happens when they start attacking before I have aggro.

I never use disarm. It's not part of my rotation at all. Also, i don't think I've ever used intervene ever.
Edited by Ganniwynn on 9/12/2011 9:38 AM PDT
90 Tauren Warrior
--PVE

-- Heroics and Raids

-- NONE

-- Overall Warriors are in a good spot in all trees.

-- I like the versatility of the class and being able to fill different roles.

-- A high level of gear dependency, more so than other classes.

-- Overall it is fine and there are enough situational abilities that make it seem elastic.

-- Fixing some of our broken abilities.

-- Strike and Heroic Leap
Overall I think that warriors are in good place, but there are a number of our abilities that seem to be either broken or worthless. Heroic Leap is clearly broken since it doesn't work 100% of the time as it should. Even a small pebble in the way between where you are and where you target the leap will return an error. Ideally either you fix the issue with line of sight (even stairs cause the leap to error) or you give us another gap closing ability (though blink for mages is still broken lo these many years after the problem was brought to your attention so not sure if a fix is even possible).

Strike is a totally useless ability. As far as I can see, it doesn't scale with level. If thats the case, why even have it on a level 85 where 10-15 damage is ridiculous? If it isn't at least worthwhile to consider having it in our dps rotation, there really is no sense in that ability existing (at the very least, if there is no reason to ever use it, even as a rage dump, why bother?).

Those are the two I can think of at the moment.
Edited by Boseefus on 9/12/2011 9:38 AM PDT
85 Human Warrior
•What type of content do you focus on?

-PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

- Raids

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

- Battle Shout could be off the GCD. Would make a huge difference in how I approach DPSing.

•What makes playing your class more fun?

Heroic Leap-esque abilities, although it would be nice to see it more functional that it currently is.

•What makes playing your class less fun?

Mechanics that work about 50% of the time, such as heroic Leap. Having to waste a GCD to generate the resource I need to DPS. The Rage generation mechanic shouldnt consume a GCD, Unless it also does damage, like with a DK and their rune based attacks.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the current fury rotation, but with the changes to mastery most warriors ignore it and then raging blow becomes substantially less useful, yet all of our 4 set bonuses this xpac proc off raging blow, which is not our primary fury damage dealer, again, esspecially since raging blow isnt as useful as it was at the start of the xpac.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

Battle Shout off the GCD (all shouts actually, cept for a taunt based shout like challenging) Raging blow being more useful. Heroic leap performing well on inclines etc.

•What spells do you use the least?

Whirlwind (I like the spell but it sucks up too much rage and does too little damage. If the rage cost were increased, as well as the damage done, I'd use it more often, since it can also be used with talented free ability costs like battle trance)

Inner rage (Its very rare that I find an opportunity to use this spell outside of a heroism environment, I dont know of a good fix for it, perhaps have it reduce the rage cost of all abilities by 50% for 10 sec instead, but that has PVP implications.
85 Dwarf Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas and BGs

From a PvP standpoint, the mobility and cc-ability of the warrior class is the biggest quality of life issue. I understand that second wind is supposed to make up for this but in reality, it does not. Being rage starved all the time because using heroic strike is the only way we can kill healers is also an issue.

Being too cooldown dependent when cooldowns are too long and more often than not end up hurting more than helping.

From a PvE standpoint, we're fine, but having battle shout part of the GCD is a real annoyance.

I like the unique abilities we have. However over time, our abilities seem to be given out to other classes. Everyone and their mother has a healing debuff ability. Now warlock pets have the ability to bladestorm. I'd like a little bit more uniqueness. Kind of like Pally wings.

My class will always be fun to play, but I just dont feel competitive. I think I play a warrior because I dont take the game seriously (seriously enough to post about it on a forum anyhow)

I feel our rotation is pretty good.

If I could change the class, I would fix jump charging, increase the healing debuff effect of mortal strike by 15-20%, make piercing howl a baseline ability. Reduce the cooldown of recklessness to 2-3 minutes. and remove or reduce the additional damage tradeoff. Alot of warrior mechanics seem very old fashioned and outdated. Such as Intimidating shout; Either reduce the cooldown of this ability and keep it as is or don't let it break on damage, or both.

I feel that our damage is where it needs to be but some classes need to have their damage toned down. I feel that if you have all the survivability, kitability, cc-ability, then you shouldnt have the power to 2-shot me as well. And I have 3.9k resilience, 4.1k when I'm running fury.

My final PvP query which in some respects is also in PvE is heroic leap. Being able to charge, stance dance to intercept, hamstring/piercing howl was a lot more reliable. Heroic leap just doesn't work when you want it to.

Inner Rage
Edited by Maficañdo on 9/12/2011 10:04 AM PDT
90 Troll Warrior
Both

All 5 mans and heroics, and then BoT/BwD/FL

Arenas, BGs, and Rated BGs. Was a 2400 player in BC in arenas, but 2s are no longer a thing so I don't play them that much since I enjoyed playing with my brother. I have the hero of the horde title for Rated Bgs.

Rage generation.

Being able to play without having to rely on having a pocket healer to dispel you or prevent you from dying. It feels right now that a warrior is only as good as his heals.

The lack of utility. I feel very stuck when fighting other players. It is hard to stay on pretty much anyone, then our burst isn't sufficient to kill any healer class. Honestly, I just feel like a Death Knight without all of the damage and useful abilities. And the fact that our MEGAULTRASUPERNACHKICKASS ability, can be disarmed, death gripped, or just walked away from, makes me a sad sad panda.

For fury it is mostly fine, except that RB is rather annoying because we have to wait to be enraged and sometimes our self enrage is on CD and we will get a bad streak of RNG and lose a lot of DPS. Another issue would be that we have to do math while DPSing. My shaman can just hit Flameshock, Unleash, then Lava burst LB spam and its fine. But as a warrior I have to do math and think, "well if I use BT I won't have the rage for RB when it comes up, which one will do more damage. Should I use HS while everything is on CD or will that rage starve me for the next rotation." In order to be doing Max dps your raid awareness suffers. I

In PvP the rotation is just depressing. You spec into all sort of things, you can go the imp slam or incite, and it changes your rotation. But when you use it, no matter how good you do you will never do enough. And having to rely on slam is frustrating because it is easy to miss with.

To be unique again. Literally anything that sets warriors apart. I wouldn't care if you left warriors in the state they are now, as long as the old Mortal Strike was reinstated. That way at least we could kill a healer once in a blue moon. Better CC would be nice. Sorry, any CC would be nice.
As Arms, pretty much everything in the Prot/Fury stances. And as Fury pretty much the same thing. Spell reflect is slowly dying off as well mostly because it is not worth it.
90 Human Warrior
PVE

I mostly PUG or help friends with quests

N/A

Heroic leap not working in a reliable way

The ability to soak a ton of damage in a dungeon and keep the party from harm. Basically the prot spec

I like it pretty well

It is fine

A bit more dps in prot spec

not to sure on this one I use a bunch of them
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]