Class Feedback – Warrior

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE - Heroics and solo. If raiding were possible for me, I'd do it.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I don't feel that prot warriors have any QOL issues right now.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Prot warrior mobility makes the class more fun than the other tank classes

What makes playing your class less fun?

Being heavily gear dependant, but that is true for all tanks

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I don't like the reactive "priority" model; it makes playing feel less fluid and more jerky and twitch based.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

My wish list is more for all tanks - vengeance is negligible in 5-mans. I want the mechanic that the developers designed to assist with threat scaling to actually do some threat scaling. Being out-geared because I don't raid makes it difficult to tank for those DPS who are clearing hardmode end-game content.

What spells do you use the least?

I feel that Intervene has lost its luster since it was introduced. In TBC I was a madman with that ability, but I hardly have an opportunity to use it any more.
90 Orc Warrior
What type of content do you focus on?
Mostly PvE, some PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Progression raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Colossus smash. I don't necessarily enjoy how a large chunk of our damage is derived from the CS debuff and how easily it can be lost (getting a Caustic Slime debuff from Chimaeron just as you hit it, a split second boss movement that leads to a parry, etc.)

The awkward cooldowns on Death Wish and Recklessness are also somewhat of a burden. This was caused by the change of the Intensify Rage talent from 3 points at 10/20/30% in Wrath to a 2 point talent at 10/20%. This can make stacking cooldowns a very difficult thing to accomplish, while other classes have it easy street (and in most cases can macro their cooldowns directly into abilities.)

Additionally, the immense amount of hit and crit required to sustain a fluent rotation can be frustrating. I don't have an issue with it anymore, but I can't imagine playing a fresh level 85 warrior as fury is any fun. Coupled with Arms getting nerfed to oblivion over pvp concerns, it can make it difficult on new warriors.

What makes playing your class more fun? I enjoy the theorycrafting involved to maximize my dps and maintaining optimum Enrage uptime during a fight.

What makes playing your class less fun? Tier 11 boss mechanics. Being second rate DPS to casters. Being told that Blizzard expects me to cap hit then makes the hit cap roughly 3000 rating.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Not as boring as some other classes, but still can feel humdrum sometimes.

Perhaps a Major glyph to reduce CS cooldown if it is parried. ONLY parried however. This will make us less vulnerable to tanks in PvP and prevent huge dps loss on bosses caused by jerky boss movements or poor planning by raid leaders that don't care about melee.

I'd also like to see a minor redesign to Intensify Rage that makes Death Wish a 2 minute cooldown while leaving Recklessness a 4 minute cooldown would be a huge improvement on quality of life. As a trade off, Berserker Rage could be unaffected by the talent, equalizing Enrage effect uptime.

Additionally, I'd love to see a glyph that returns Inner Rage to its previous function. As it is, Inner Rage is entirely situational still and can usually only be used during a Bloodlust. A glyph would allow more serious raiders to use it to maximize Slam damage how it was being used previously, as well as allowing for more situations for the ability to be used. (I usually end up flying on Alysrazor, so when you're rage capped in such a manner the old Inner Rage model would be nice)

Shattering Throw. While a viable raid dps cooldown in some cases, the stance limitation and the current rage normalization model can make this a huge pain to use.

Inner Rage. Usually only have enough rage to completely use it during a Bloodlust.
85 Orc Warrior
PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All, fairly balanced. Arms for Arenas/World PvP. Arms/Prot for BGs/RBGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Biggest QoL issues for me are stance-dancing and shield/2H swapping. At this point in WoW's development they honestly feel like old outdated mechanics whose only practical purpose is to present an oft-frustrating half-second middle step to using some of my abilities.

Charge et al. - Flying around the battlefield from foe to ally to foe is fun
Colossus Smash - the sound it makes is very satisfying
Throwdown - I know it's just a stun but actually getting to beat someone to the ground is fun
General Badassery - I just feel like a badass when playing my warrior, like a wrecking ball aimed at my foes

Sitting in roots constantly, especially versus frost mages. I spell reflect/bladestorm/LoS as much as I can but ofttimes I end up sitting there helpless. (This is even worse as a Prot Warrior)
The aforementioned stance dancing/weapon swapping
Feeling like a DK could basically do everything I can with greater ease. I don't want to play a DK; I'd rather just play my warrior, but sometimes I feel compelled to lvl my DK.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
AoE - Minimally in PvP, but for the little PvE I do, once bladestorm is on cd I have TC and maybe WW if I switch to Fury stance (though I lose rage from the swap)
MS - Feels weak, very weak, even with Enrage. I find myself preferring Slam over MS once 3 slaughters are up as crit lvls are so low that the possibility for Enrage isn't worth the DPS loss to use MS

Everything already mentioned
CC - I don't know if it even goes with the overall feel of a warrior, but having a CC other than 2min cd AoE fear and 45sec cd stun would be much appreciated

Demo Shout - I understand it's use but I never find myself having the GCDs/rage to use
Sunder Armor - Not worth the GCDs, only used in PvE if no one else has it
Inner Rage - Don't think I've ever used it once

Last Comment, didn't know where to put it:
Rage - There is a quizzical and sometimes frustrating difference between the excess rage when being targeted and feeling rage starved when not.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I am an Old school Warrior since 2006 And Ive been tanking since I hit lvl 40
Currently raid 2/7 Heroic FL and in t11 I used to raid 5/13 H before my guild broke apart

I Mainly Dabble In All three sectors. Mainly when Friends or Guildies ask but I usually hover around 2k

Im not sure if this is the right spot but one of my Big quality of life issues. is that Rage is still clunky. you really have to much or Not enough. And because of that it feels Like I fight my class just to do whats needed to be done.

Well besides it being my first class I always liked the Idea of a warrior. I like the mechanics even if they frustrate me.
Tho some of those mechanics are gone Zipping around with charge/ intercept/ intervene was fun. I have tinkerd around on all 4 of the tanking classes and none of them really compare.
As a warrior as long as you have the rage there is always something to do.

The fact that rage is still Clunky is very annoying. one of the reasons I think this is true is warriors do not have a secondary resource system. where Rogues have Energy / combo points. Dk's have Runes / runic power paladins Have Holy Power and mana. where one of these resources fuel the other warriors dont. I wouldnt really have an Idea on what Would fix this problem but it is something that Should be looked at. It felt that ENRAGES was the second resource system that blizzard was aiming for but it didnt work well at all.

Like I said I feel the Rotation is " ok" the rage problems are annoying for players and probably programmers. God forbid warriors get to have dps moves on a separate gcd allowing us more Possible dps

2h weapons that Look 2handed?!
t13 ( clawed gloves, Clawed Boots) lets not Just imprint the image onto a preexisting boot model

From a raiding stand point.
I feel that Disarm is Underused in general

As fury I feel that Raging blow is undervalued. I know there was Balance issues with raging blow. but with the fact that it can only be used when enraged is annoying. even tho there are few ways to force it to be available. its an " Iconic" move yet I cant get excited over it.
90 Night Elf Warrior
PvE only.

Heroics to raids, not heroic raids however.

PvP is the bane of my existence.

Nothing too big tank-wise, except maybe some more raid utility would be kind of nice, doesn't need to be anything major could just be an extension on the Rallying Cry duration by a few seconds.
Arms warriors-wise, or just DPS in general.. I would love to have something to do other than just hit things in the face. Most other melee classes have some form of utility other than just DPS, from buffing to CCing.
But please, please make Heroic Leap (and to a lesser extent, charge) work properly. =.= It blows when I try to Leap away from danger, only for the game to tell me that there is no path and then turn me into a corpse shortly after can get a little frustrating. Charge isn't so bad.. but the central floor emblem Cho'gall room was pretty notorious for messing that up, as in I would be trying to charge back to Cho'gall to taunt him back after he has cast Fury, only for my character to veer off sharply towards the right side of the room.

Mobility. Absolutely love Prot and Arms mobility and ability to charge back and forth in combat. The amount of stuns and interrupts Prot has also makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Stance-dancing. I know this has been used on and off since the inception of the game, but it's just a very fiddly mechanic to deal with.
And not being able to dual wield! I understand the reasoning behind this, but as a packrat I hate not being able to dual wield some of the weapons I have collected over the years unless I respec to Fury. A minor quibble perhaps but probably what irks me the most this expansion.
Overall, DPS as a warrior feels too.. generic? Bland?

Prot is a delicious button-mashfest with the occasional need to pay attention to skill priorities, while Arms' rotation flows fairly easily. Only downside to the Arms rotation is the time it takes to set it up, especially in aoe pulls where I am using 2 GCDs for Rend then Thunderclap but this is again a minor quibble.
That said, trying to fit Cleave and Heroic Strike into either rotation is a pain in the !@#, even if they are just rage dumps.
Execute also does not feel like it hits hard enough. While it is okay as a spamming ability in conjunction with my talents to get some melee haste going during the last stretches, it becomes a little hectic trying to keep my rotation up as well as trying to spam Execute to keep the haste stacks up. I personally much preferred Execute as a heavy, rage
dumping move that makes it feel more like I'm finishing the mob off.

Some fancier melee animations? :D Dual-wielding Arms would also be fun as hell, I used to run it back in Vanilla and while certainly not the most efficient spec and gear combination it was fun as hell to play.
And what happened to profession-specific consumables! It was fun sharpening my swords for that extra little damage boost, or attaching that weightstone to my mace for a little melee speed boost. It just added that little extra flavour to the game which I have really been missing during Lich King and Cata.
And.. a healing or resurrecting shout maybe? ;D Completely outrageous suggestion but yelling at someone to get back on their feet would be fun as hell.

Intimidating Shout. I don't PvP and I find very limited use for this skill in PvE, since it doesn't work against most adds on raid bosses, and fearing a collection of mobs on trash or in heroics and having them run into their friends screaming their heads off does not make for a terribly fun experience (especially for the healer).
Cleave/Heroic Throw. Their rage cost and status as rage dump means these two abilities see VERY little use outside of Boss fights (as tank) or when Deadly Calm is up (Arms). And even then, Sweeping Strike makes for a very nice substitute for Cleave as Arms.
90 Tauren Warrior
Both

10-Man Raids

Rated BGs

Rage generation can become a big issue in dps spec. It would be nice to have another option for rage generation or something similar to feral druids' & hunters' energy system.

As a tanking/dps class I have access to a hugely diverse set of raid/pve specs (tank/dps). It really helps to keep me fresh when I get bored doing one or the other. And I don't have to sit out if I don't feel like playing one role or the other. Whereas most other classes are locked into dps roles.

Healing becomes an issue during solo content, but that seems like the reason cross spec classes exist like druids or paladins.

I can mix and match rotations pretty well, so no real complaints.

Some class-specific benefit for dps spec that gives benefit over rolling ret paladin. Protection warriors gain a big boost to block over prot pallys. But the same benefit of increased hit/exp/crit does not exist over the other plate-wearing dps class.

PvP-oriented spells.
90 Orc Warrior
PVP now after I came back, PVE before that.

Hardcore 10-man Raids.

Arenas & BG's

• Charge Latency: There's a disconnect with charging a player that's full speed (> than running) like druid travel form or mounted, from the location of where they actually end up stunned and where the warrior is at the end of the charge. Many times a warrior is left spending the time of the stun playing catch up.

• Snare: A warrior's snare for being an Active/Resource using snare is less snaring then other class's passive/Non-resource costing snares.

• Disarms: Feel is just another form of CC on a warrior. For example, Bladestorm. Bladestorm even reads as a baddazz talent until you get to 'or disarmed'. For being the end talent of a tree that may want to be looked at.

• Gear scale: We feel very nonviable until we get the top end gear, and then become a threat to other players.

• Macro Heavy: While the class has gone through tremendous upgrades in this department, abilities tied to types of gear & stances still make it a macro heavy class in comparison.

Top end gear Crits.

Mobility issues and being kited. Being a non-factor with low gear, either by not providing utility or damage for your team. Proc watching, From Mortal Strike Crits, to Overpower to Colossus Smash

I'm fine with the rotation except for using an Active Snare first, and keeping it applied.

• Make snare a mechanic of Rend, or Passive and any attack with improved hamstring a root.

• Add a sprint function of 2 seconds to the end of a charge (like an arcane mages blink), this will make up for lost charges from latency.

• Remove the cast time on Shoot/Throw: Being a class lacking in mobility and CD's on other throws, a cast time can be tough.

Can't say right now.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Both. I am in a 6/7 Firelands guild and PVP arena with close friends. I'd try rated BGs but our guild is currently not interested :(.

5 man Heroics, 10 man raids.

BGs and Arena. Arena is mainly for points though :(, not so much because I enjoy it. BGs on the other hand are fun, even the old Classic ones like AV. Arenas and to a lesser extent rated BGs are a requirement to stay competitive because if not you'll get blown up by the 384 geared guys in normal BGs.

- Lessening the requirement of stances for abilities. Pummel, Shield Wall, Reck, Retaliation for example. The consolidation of Pummel and Shield Bash into just Pummel was a wise move.

- The tanking aspect of this class is well done. Best tank to play in the game. I feel like I have useful utility, mobility, and damage even (PVE only). For PVP we do make good flag carriers but that is not my cup of tea.

- PVP - Being crippled by slowing effects with very little ways to overcome it. 12-13 second Charge sounds great on paper but its so easily countered. Hamstring is a pathetic slow which wastes either 1 or .5 seconds worth of a GCD of NO damage which other classes slow you which they DPS you down. Improved Hamstring is clunky. We have to let Hamstring fall off our opponent if we are to use it smartly which is annoying considering other classes can keep applying their slow without fear of wasting an ability.

- PVP - Charge vs Intercept issue. First off these two talents I feel are redundant. Now they cause conflicts. You can use both in Fury but NOT in Arms. You can use EVERYTHING in Prot in any stance. IMO its just needlessly confusing. Not to mention the removal of Intercept pretty much destroyed Arms in PVP.

- The Slaughter ability in Arms. In PVE this is almost a non issue. In PVP this sucks. With how we are kited so much and the limited up time we have its sometimes impossible to stack this up to three times not to mention the random times you'll be parried or dodged. One reason our damage is "low" is because of this talent never being up for us. At the very least other abilities should stack this.

- Heroic Leap. Awesome skill. Implementation obviously not complete. Not going to say much because I am sure the dev team knows all about this.

- Fury being dispelled in PVP. Death Wish and the like is too easily removed by Shiv and similar skills.

- Taking 20% more damage in Reck - why? This seems more like a legacy design decision that is obsolete now.

- Nerf to Spell Reflect which IMO is the most unique ability we have.

- Stance Dancing - does the development team feel this is needed anymore? Case in point Disarm - can we use this in all stances please? For the most part as Protection you will NEVER need to swap stances. As Arms you'd swap to Defensive to use Disarm. As Fury you'd swap to Battle to use Charge. It seems like its slowly dying. I hope by next expansion its put down completely.

- For Arms I feel fine; there is a defined rotation for that spec and it works.

- Fury on the other hand is too proc based. Other then Bloodthirst I feel like I am at the mercy of RNG with Slam and Raging Blow. Fury seems to be all about white hits... so I guess you meant for it to be the PVE spec.

- Fury be PVP viable for one. More control. The ability to use Rend in Berserker.
- 115% running speed via an easy to get talent like most melee classes.
- 20% damage of Reck removed.
- Arms/Fury mobility looked at in PVP.
- A look at how Stances work for warriors and possibly revamping their design. I really don't feel that stance dancing works in this game anymore. IMO Wrath pretty much killed it with the advent of Death Knights. IMO if you made warriors today they'd be like DKs where stances would offer a perk and not be tied to what ability you can and can't use.

SLAM. I play melee class to NOT use a casted skill. I realize its a low rage cost, hard hitting ability but its really more designed for PVE. In PVP where mobility and control is king, mobility of which we do not have, using Slam just wastes what little up time we have. In PVE Slam is awesome because the AI is not kiting us. I almost feel like I am "forced" into it because of how hard it hits. Heroic Strike (Incite) being the not so great alternative.

Spell Reflect since the nerf.
Edited by Nohman on 9/12/2011 7:00 PM PDT
90 Undead Warrior
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

95% pve

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, although I would love to raid if I had time. Also soloing old raids when I can get someone to make a raid with.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Unrated BGs-just for fun stuff

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The way I have to macro a /startattack command to my primary moves or else my guy will just sit there until I click. Most noticeable in aoe situations when you have shift targets a lot.

-What makes playing your class more fun?

I love to become a "surprise tank" as dps, when the actual tank goes down. Helping the group in ways other classes can't is a lot of fun. (btw please consider rolling the 6% crit reduction into tank stances, rather than tank talents)

-What makes playing your class less fun?

dead zones in the rotation when a series of misses turns me into a dead fish. (maybe consider letting misses generate rage - would help with gear scaling issues, and make haste more attractive)

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It seems just a little repetitive - BT - something else - BT - something else... It's not a huge problem but returning to that one ability gets annoying. Also Raging Blow hits like a wet noodle for SMF - it's super anticlimactic to go all enraged to hit one of the weakest abilities, damage wise. I feel like if I have to enter an enraged state for an ability, that ability should be pretty darn strong relative to my other non-enraged abilities.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?

Crit reduction rolled into tank stance, rather than prot spec (would allow fury and arms 5-man tanking options)

Slowfall glyph for bladestorm (just for yucks)

Spell Reflect glyph for Whirlwind (for Fury pvp)

more WEAPON options. Strength Polearms and Fists if nothing else. I wouldn't mind staves or daggers either, since we can technically use them.

Arms warriors should have some minimal interaction with their RANGED weapon - this would make them more "soldierly", fit with the spec, and further separate them from fury. Perhaps a proc for a free, no-minimum ranged shot off of the global cd.

Fury Warrior talent like Spirit of Redemption (Priest) that would allow fury warriors to continue fighting for a short period after death (say, 8 seconds). Seems very "barbarian" like to fight even as you die.

Small bonus for getting 100 rage - say a 5% bonus to crit for your next special - something to make going full rage feel special, but not enough that capping rage becomes the best rotation.

Rage for misses. This would make haste more valuable, and help immensely with warrior gear scaling issues. Plus, it makes sense. Why would hitting a target make me rage more than missing a target? Obviously rage-per-swing would have to be scaled down.

- What spells do you use the least?

I think inner rage is mostly unnecessary as a spell under the new rage norms. Also shattering throw has 0 pve utility for fury in 99% of encounters.

I hardly use intervene
Edited by Duhastmeche on 9/30/2011 1:40 PM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
PvE.

Raiding. A few heroics now and then for Valor if I don't cap.

Defensive cooldowns for Arms/Fury mostly I suppose. Shouts being on the GCD is a bit of a hassle, especially considering the T12 2pc bonus, but I can understand why they might be on there (supposed to be more of a choice when to use and such).

Heroic Leap. I love that skill. It's probably the best thing warriors got all expansion (aside from rage being normalized and Heroic Strike being changed to what it is now). Aside from that, Fury's playstyle.

Fury's rotation can be a bit too RNG-riddled, we're far too dependent on cooldowns which makes our damage far more cyclical than other classes (mostly speaking of Colossus Smash, but Fury's cooldowns are pretty damned silly), and I guess that's it?

For Fury, I think the base rotation works well enough. I don't have a huge problem with Raging Blow, but it feels too much like a proc at times. This leads to there being moments of feeling like all you have is Bloodthirst and Heroic Strike, the latter of which shouldn't be considered rotational at all. Compared to Arms, which has one "proc" that is barely a proc given how dependable it is (every 6 seconds), it's not so much fun at times. When things are rolling and you've got either Death Wish up or a good string of Enrage procs, it feels great. Otherwise, it can feel pretty... bad.

Fury's AoE deserves mentioning, as it's pretty poor. Both of our AoE skills cost more compared to everything else, and one of them is designed more as a rage dump and not as an actual AoE skill (Cleave). Compared to Arms, it's pretty lackluster and could be changed.

1) Colossus Smash: removed or redesigned. This skill is the reason for a lot of the issues with this class. It's too big of a swing in damage every 20 seconds (and there are PvP ramifications as well, but since I don't PvP I won't really comment on that). I understand the reason for it, given warriors don't really have a good way to ignore armor otherwise unlike every other physical DPS class, but this is the wrong way to go about it. Allowing skills like BT and MS to ignore armor by themselves just in general (similar to Scourge Strike I suppose) and changing CSmash into a heavy-hitting skill that ignores all armor or something would be one way to go.

2) Titan's Grip/Single-Minded Fury: Changed to passive skills when you spec into Fury (could be tied into DW Spec and renamed to Titan's Grip?). Unlike the vast, vast majority of other 31-point talents, these skills simply don't do enough to change Fury's playstyle. That really doesn't change past Bloodsurge, and that's kind of a letdown in ways. Are they powerful? Without a doubt. Are they cool enough for a 31 point talent? Not really, not in my book. I'd much rather have a cool and interesting 31 point talent that changed how Fury plays.

3) Raging Blow: made more consistent. I'm not sure if making it available 24/7 is the right way to go, but perhaps making Enrage into more of a ramp-up mechanic in ways (tied to BT perhaps, much like MS and Lambs) would be a way. You'd be punished for poor play, and rewarded for better play. This would leave Bloodsurge as Fury's sole proc, which is probably how it should be anyways. Having two procs as main rotational abilities isn't very fun at times.

4) Fury's AoE: redesigned to not be so, well, terrible. Changing Whirlwind to be on a 4 second CD when used in actual AoE situations was a nice change, but the rage cost for AoE is much too high compared to what Arms has. Adding on a rage refund onto Meat Cleaver (or even Cleave/WW themselves) would go a long way in helping.

Shattering Throw given its cast time and the necessity to stance dance for a short DPS buff that might not pay off depending on how your raid is made up.
85 Human Warrior
What type of content do you focus on?
-PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP?
-All

-When I time a Bladestorm before Cyclone, I will still be cycloned and my Bladestorm is on CD now.

-PLEASE. Please make Heroic Leap work properly. It doesn't work right now even when the place you are jumping to is only slightly higher. Make it work so that as long as you have an available route to the location, you can jump?

-The art of switching weapons and stances. (Although you don't have to switch stances much now. Really miss the Berserker Stance + Intercept kind of feeling.)

-It has always been one of the best PVP classes.

-Broken/buggy mechanics.(ie. Heroic Leap)

-It's great if you know what you are doing. Not just spamming CD's like pre-cata rets.

-Make Glyph of Intimidating Shout into a major and removes all DOTs. If I can only choose one thing to improve. This is it.

-Strike
-Intercept
98 Draenei Warrior
I play PvE, mostly in 5-mans with the occasional raid. I always play the protection spec.

Abilities I do not use:

- Sunder Armor
- Slam
- Recklessness
- Intervene
- Rallying Cry
- Vigilance

Things that are awesome about prot:

- Charge
- Heroic Throw (with silence)
- Concussion blow
- Shockwave

Abilities I don't use but probably should:

- Berserker Rage
- Inner Rage

Things that annoy me:

- Disarm is only usable on a few bosses. It seems like a waste.
- Tanking as prot is a little on the complex side

With regard to berserker rage and inner rage - they would be useful, but there are already plenty of things for me to worry about when starting a pull. Admittedly I tend to stick to the simpler specs, such as arcane mage, disc priest, and holy priest. Using all available prot warrior abilities would push it into the "too complex" zone for me. I already have to worry about gaining threat quickly, positioning, forcing casters to come to me, and mitigating damage. When it comes to ensuring rage generation and/or enhancing my damage output, I just don't bother.
100 Worgen Warrior
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

All. Raids (though less recently) were my primary concern, but have fallen off since week 3 of Firelands.
Heroics and solo content are also important and are my primary play now that I've quit raiding.

Very rare. I usually Arena hardcore for about a week with a friend before being frustrated at the play style required.

Enraged Regen's enrage requirement. When I need that ability, I need it in a hurry, so I don't ever check if it's available. I just hit Berserker's Rage then ER. That cheapens Berserker's Rage, which is a very cool fear break, and makes my ER basically 2 buttons (or a macro).

Being a hero and moving fast. With intercept, intervene, charge, heroic leap (and to some extent the Worgen Sprint), I can take a chaotic battlefield and bend it to my will while tanking. I can save 3 or 4 allies and herd a giant group of monsters running everywhere in short order. That gameplay is awesome.

First (and most importantly): Stances. They have almost no effect on my gameplay whatsoever. If you setup macros and manage them perfectly, they are ignored. If you management them poorly (ie: forget to switch stances the first pull in a heroic) only bad things happen. It's a boring system.
Debuff management while tanking. This is largely related to the coming overhaul of tanking in general, so isn't a warrior issue specifically. However, keeping up TC and Demo (and to a lesser extent, Rend) is boring to me and feels like a distraction from what I feel my job should be.
Shield block is boring. Except for bleeding edge hardmode-types, macroing it to shield slam is by far the best idea. Tanking rehaul will likely fix this anyway.
Vigilance is also boring. This may only be me, because it's a great buff. It's still a buff though, and I would prefer an active sort of ability that makes it feel like I'm actually helping an ally during a fight.

With the exception of the mentioned debuff management, all 3 specs (and I have played all 3 significantly) are in fantastic shape. Fury and Arms feel both different and engaging. My only gripe is Arms' cooldown management. The inability to line them up feels really !@#$ty for a PvE player. When you're in the moment, someone hits bloodlust, you have to choose between Recklessness, AM, or IR. I want to hit them all, but I can't. It's an artificial block of my playing ability, which feels even worse than a straight damage nerf.

Obviously all my minor gripes.
Very seriously: Stance overhaul. This system has potential, but currently adds no valueto the class.

Stance switching, Challenging Shout, Inner Rage,
and a long list of PvP-only abilities (that could have cool PvE uses if you wanted them to):
Retaliation, Disarm, Intimidating Shout, Hamstring, and probably some others that I use so little I can't even remember.
90 Undead Warrior
Primarily PVE, though I fool around at PVP.

Raids (10m) and heriocs.
I'm main spec tank. I have done both fury and arms as my offspec. In 1 tank raid fights, I am the extra dps'er.

Arena, BGs.

Honestly, heroic strike. As a tank, having to hit 2 buttons just about every GCD is too much. My chiropractor and doctor hate you.

Then there is the sheer number of buttons we use. Look at the other tanks, they have much more simple tools for AoE (snap and sustained aggro) and single target. As a tank I'm much more interested in the big picture than what buttons I'm pressing.

As DPS, I hate fury, mostly because of the enrage requirement for Raging Blow. I don't understand giving us an ability that requires an enrage, and giving us passive enrages that give it like 80% uptime. When it's up, it's fun. When it's not, it's like "ah crap I gotta hit berserker rage again? Oh damn it's on CD . . . bleh"

What makes playing your class more fun? Our mobility. Warbringer was the greatest idea ever. Heroic leap, which I will admit I initially hated, has become one of my favorite abilities (when it works!!).

What makes playing your class less fun? Demanding rotations. We're melee, we need to stay in range, even when the target moves. We shouldn't have the rotational complexity of ranged. After all, we have to be moving.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Arms is spot on awesome. Fury would be good if Raging Blow didn't require an enrage effect. Prot's basic rotation is fine, just fix having to spam HS. Needing 2 gcds to get our AoE up (particularly with out horrid miss/parry/dodge rate as prot) was lame, but 500% threat pretty much fixed that. Now BnT is just a DPS talent.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Tanking, we're fine, just resolve having to hit so many buttons every GCD (hint, remove HS or completely rework it). Inner rage is kinda stupid now, perhaps just remove it. Fix charge in PVP (charge jumping). Remove restrictions on heroic leap.

What spells do you use the least?[/quote] PVE: Disarm (most bosses/mobs where you actually need it are immune)
90 Tauren Warrior
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE Only

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids / 5 man Heroics

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

None. Will not pvp until it is carried out in a logical way.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I roll all 4 tank classes. I hate, HATE how so many tanking abilities seem to be blending together with all 4 tanking classes. I want them vastly different. I do not want to be a DK tank or i would of rolled one. I do not want the ability to heal.

Would love to PVP but will not until 2 things happen. Remove resilience and have pvp talents totally separated from PVE talents. We have 3 talent trees, have talent trees for pvp even if they only mimic as then you could balance one without affecting both.

All three talent trees should have ability to match each others dps numbers, except the tanking/healing parts of it of course. This goes for any class. Every class is pigeon-holed in one talent tree, this is so annoying. I want to play as Arms in raids, can't...lower dps. You can say that for all the classes (mages, hunters, etc etc)

Tank shortage. Easy fix is to buff all tank damage accross the board to make it interesting for new people to want to tank. Easist way is to have expertise/hit be part of gear and that would naturally do it.

Any abilities that depend on rng or procs to use. It is just aggravating.

•What makes playing your class more fun?

Mobility. Things that you added that worked really well are heroic leap and Shockwave. I LOVE big shield slams as a tank. Please add duel weild shields!! DK's could dual weild 2-handers! Redo some of animations.

•What makes playing your class less fun?

When the start to resemble other classes. Not being able to have arms and fury being equal in raid damage, being pigeon-holed into a raid spec as it just does more damage. I really want to be able to do both, most people prefer one or the other but are forced to play one they do not want.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I do not like procs in my rotation. I want to use my talents in a set order , hence the word "rotation".

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

Dual wield shields. Dual wield polearms. Ability to throw a shield. Bigger dps numbers as tanks. A talent that protects the whole group in a certain radius, think of it as a shield that expands to multple shields in a 5 yard radius covering everyone (like a turtle shell made of shields)

Arms being viable to use in raids. Tank ability to turn shield and spin it (much like Bladestorm but with a shield)

•What spells do you use the least?

Spell reflection. It is currently under utilized as cant really use in raids. Cool talent...hardly used. Wish i could use more.

100 Goblin Warrior
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
- I've done PvE for most of the 4years, although COUNTLESS Bg in between, I've played WoW, tho March to May I try Pvp, but it got old and I have found my ways back to PvE.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
- From Quest To Heroic ICC's(haven't hit into HFirelands yet)

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
- BG's with some Arena's I don't like Arena it's always been {ClassCombo Over Skill} Atleast, How it felt at most of the time.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
- The Lack of Big Lushes BEARDS! But,no really, I would probably Have to say There no cool Polearm's for us! I've Personally Love the Polearms, Naginata, and Nagamaki Weapons, And being a MASTER OF ALL WEAPONS I Would love to see us once again using a POLEARM. Hopefully, maybe even able to dual wield them! (^_~) *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE*

# What makes playing your class more fun?
- To Once in a time long forgotten, I was feared. People Ran From Warrior as the destructive forces we once was. But I Love having Array of abilities at my fingertips even with the restrictions of stance. Which is why I play a priest also.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
- ( I'm Sorry I know u said keep from it but this really what gets me) The Complaints that we hit(use to hit*) like trucks, without the thoughts that we finally just caught our target. Like people complain we do soo much dmg but yet to understand it's not always that easier getting to our target nor staying on hit that long. When the target can dish out blows after blows.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- Arms, Perfect! in both Pvp and PvE I wouldn't change it you guys nailed that one (^_^). Fury feels Lackluster, Maybe cuz of the rage we seemingly don't have at time but I wish with using 2 massive weapons too see more action. I'm Sure the WARRIOR community is smart enough to handle a little more difficult rotation. And you know your Warrior Community is one of your Brighter Box of Crayons.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Armor With LESS FACES ON IT, that said thanks for the awesome T13. ;P

# What spells do you use the least?
- Intervene(In Combat), I do use it to catch up to people running infront of me.
90 Tauren Warrior
I focus the most of PvE, but i have partaken in PvP when the time comes for me to let off some steam and kill some alliance.
My guild is currently a 7/7 normal mode guild working on a few heroics in firelands, and i am the raid leader of said guild.
I do occasionally do arenas and BG's for fun.
The lack of reliability of Heroic Leap is something that i have found to be a very large nuisance to my gameplay. Also in PvP when my charge does not take me up ext to the person i am charging it is frustrating to play.
I like being able to deal a large amount of burst damage to potentially destroy mobs in dungeons or in certain parts of raid encounters.
The only things that i have found to have a hindrance on my gameplay is the charge and heroic leap reliability.
I like the rotation currently for Fury warriors as it seems to encompass a large amount of abilities where as in WotLK it did not at all. I also love that you have to pay attention to your rage bar now in order to maximize your rotation and pull out more DPS separating good players from bad players.
I like how the tier 12 2pc set bonus was a short damage buff when using a shout and i would like to see possibly a shout that temporarily buffed some damage to raid/party members in a small area for something like 6 sec. I feel that would get back to warriors using shout to instill inspiration and such on the battlefield.
Also possibly merging battle and commanding shout into one all purpose shout so i don't have to keep switching around my bars based on the current group make up.
I cant think of any spells i use the least at the moment.
85 Gnome Warrior
    Both. However, most of my responses will be based more towards pvp as I feel that's where the class needs the most love.

Currently raiding heroic t12 content (10 man) as both dps and tank.

For the most part 3v3 arenas and occasional Rated Battlegrounds

In a nutshell, mobility is the main issue I feel as a warrior. More specifically, having charges jumped can be very frustrating. Our greatest slowing potential is only 50%, which means that if we have a 50%+ snare on us, we cannot reach our target after charge has been jumped. Hamstring requiring a GCD and only being a 50% slow causes it to be one of the most ineffective slows available. Heroic leap is great on flat maps, but fails frequently on maps with strange pathings such as RoV. Also, I would love to see Intimidating Shout not break from Warrior bleeds.

Currently, in pvp, it doesn't feel that the Warrior class brings anything to the table other than damage. That is an issue because the damage is based on being able to hit the target, and mobility is a problem at the moment. The class would be more fun if we could bring back some uniqueness or iconic ability, such as how Mortal Strike used to be. Creating pressure through more than just pure damage would be nice.

The main thing would be relying so much on dispels to remain mobile.

I have no qualms with the rotations in pve. For pvp, seeing hamstring be reapplied with the use of another ability is something I would like to see.

My wish list would include a stronger healing debuff on Mortal Strike, and a lower amount of pvp damage with a higher amount of utility and mobility. The result would hopefully be the ability to create pressure in pvp without pure damage. Also, I would like to see our defensive and offensive cooldowns moved in line with other classes by removing the penalties. I would like to see Spell Reflect's cooldown reduced by a talent deep in the arms tree, as to preserve its usefulness in arms without making it too good for RBG flag carrying.

I can't think of any spells that have no use in either pvp or pve. However, I feel that Inner Rage, being one of the new Cata abilities, should be more useful. It seems that I only rarely have situations where I can use it unless I am tanking for raids.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]