(Locked)

100 Human Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both (Fury PvE Arms PvP)

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Latency leaving me out of melee range of my Charge/Intercept target.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Awesome mobility! With Heroic Leap, Charge/Intercept, and Intervene, I can cross a field like no one's business!

What makes playing your class less fun?

No complaints.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's a little disheartening when a stretch comes up with no Slam or Raging Blow procs.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Nothing comes to mind.

What spells do you use the least?

I rarely bother with Demoralizing Shout.
Edited by Saeris on 9/17/2011 1:59 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I pvp mostly, and farm.
I am fine with my rotation, and I enjoy being a warrior
my biggest absolute most hated thing is the lack of mobility, and having to relay on another class to assist me.
I think that heroic leap should work without terrain issues. I can't heroic leap up a hill, and it ruins BGs for me. I could have killed that stupid priest healing, and dispelling demos, but we lost strand because I couldn't get to him in time.
Just trying to clerify.
Edited by Bakedsalmon on 9/17/2011 2:37 PM PDT
85 Tauren Warrior
I focus mainly on PvP with some PvE .

Mostly Raids.

I like to mix arenas with BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I don't know if other warriors feel this way (some of the hardcore PvPers probably do) but I would like to see you bring back stance dancing.
Many warriors back in Wrath of The Lich King and Burning Crusade have said that the warrior class may have been tough but it gave them the most joy they have ever had in PvP solely for the factor of stance dancing.
Stance dancing gave warriors all over the world the pride that they could play the class that required them to have a ton of practice to play and do exceptional with.
My opinion to fixing this problem with allowing the warriors to keep their burst the same is either take away the global cooldown of changing stances or give them a slight damage buff to make up for the time lost from stance dancing.
Also, warriors really made a name for themselves when they had mortal strikes amazing debuff, if you bring that back, it will make up for the cc that other classes have.
Now I understand that if you mix the warrior's debuff with other classes' cc it will most likely make any arena team with a warrior overpowered, that is why I have came up with a solution for that problem.
What you need to do is slightly increase the diminishing returns on cc or you can shave off the time that mortal strike lasts to where it falls off before a warrior can reapply it, allowing healers to have some time to get back on their feet and heal before a warrior hits them with mortal strike again.
To conclude, those are the changes I think should happen in order to make warrior PvP a little less bland and a little more unique.

I really love how you set up the damage warriors can do if they get the right amount of stacks or procs in their rotation.

I would prefer they changed the mobility on the warriors, such as heroic leap, charge and intercept.
Heroic leap is a very troublesome ability seeing as it cannot go uphills, so if someone is kiting you up a hill, you are most likely going to die.
If you bring back intercepts own cooldown then we wouldn't need heroic leap's change, by bringing back intercept you can make it to where warriors can stance dance a little more often and you can change intercept's stun to a slow or make it to where it doesn't even have an effect at all, just being able to stay on the enemy would be good enough for me. =)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I feel as if our rotation is interesting but sort of bland.
If you make it to where some of our abilities require us to be in a different stance, it would make warriors a lot more fun to PvP with.

Stance dancing, mobility and the old mortal strike. =)

I would say warriors never use strike or wirl wind just for the sake that strike does no damage what so ever and wirl wind is only for small trash pulls.

Thank you for listening to my long and drawn out explanation for how warriors should be set up for this upcoming patch. =)
Edited by Leonin on 9/17/2011 11:23 PM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior
• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PvE, PvP once in a blue moon.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids-both current FL, and old content

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Heroic Leap failures due to terrain(even tiny rocks and logs leave you stranded with an error).
Lack of a proper CC ability.
Nothing unique to offer to raiding teams.
A very looooong ramp up time required for dps, and no true burst cd's(Arms).
Improved Hamstring rendering unuseable because somebody has a better(which is darn near every other class) slow applied.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
Being a heavily armored, true melee specific beast.
Mobility, and high burst ability.(no longer the case, sadly.)
Rage system. I love the way rage generation is managed.
uniquness of the stance system. I used to love the way abilites required stances to use.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
Slows! Hamstring only slows by 50%. Near every class has at least 60% slow or higher. I can't put hamstring on mobs because somebody else has a 'More powerful ability' applied....which completely renders Improved Hamstring useless.
Lack of uniqueness. To put it simply: There is nothing I can offer to a raid that another class doesn't have already, if not something better. There is a list below:
Heavy Armor: Most classes have near the same armor through buffs. Not to mention, most raid damage is magical making armor ineffective anyhow.
Slows: EVERYONE has a better slow...and most of them ranged!
Buffs: DK's give the same buff now and shamans too! Hunter's even have the capability.
Debuffs: Every tank has Thunderclap equivalent, You can't disarm bosses, even most trash. Demo-shout is always over-ridden by warlocks.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?
The 'Rotation' runs smoothly with the exception of shouts(only due to t12 2pc bonus. You lose part of the buff time waiting for the cd from casting it.). I would like to see more burst ability. It is lacking in that aspect.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
A reliable Heroic Leap! :D
Stance uniqueness. I have little reason to switch stances anymore. =(
Ability to disarm bosses! (perhaps make that an alternative to resetting stacks for tanks on Shannox)
True survivability. We are heavy armored, high-healthed beasts of destruction. Now, even casters have pretty much the same armor with their self-buffs, and the same health. Very moments during a raid even exist where armor actually reduced damage for anyone but a tank. :P
stronger crowd-control capability(Ours won't even apply if another class has a slow on the target.)

• What spells do you use the least?
Spell Reflect: You can't reflect most boss spells...and with the added cd to it, you couldn't reliably do it anyway.
Hamstring: Always somebody else with a better slow, and it won't apply over another class so I can proc Improved Hamstring.
BladeStorm: There's no point on a boss, and there aren't really enough adds to use it on either.
Inner Rage:(as dps) Reduced cooldown.....so I can blow my rage and not use it for the rest of the buff duration anyway! :D

Strike: I don't think I've ever used it before, to be honest...

Shattering Throw: Huge dps loss to stand there and cast it and reduce armor by....20%! Oh wait... Colossal smash reduces by 100% and instant to boot!

Retaliation: I'm not usually being 'hit' by anything to retaliate against. :P

Thanks for your time, blizzard! :D
90 Worgen Warrior
    Howdy. I have been playing this Warrior as my main since I first bought the game way back in late 2005. Thanks and great job for keeping the class interesting over the past 6 years.

• What type of content do you focus on?

• PvE

• What type of PvE?

• 25 Man Hard Mode Progression Raiding

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• The reason this game still feels fresh is because of how much I am enjoying raiding as Arms this expansion. Yes, Fury is definitely an option for some, but I have always preferred the "feel" of Arms and I am a big believer in playing what you enjoy. That being said.

Biggest QoL Issue

The bulky feel of "stance-dancing" through my rotation. The primary cause of this is the stance requirement of one ability: Overpower.

Solution

Allow Overpower to be used in Berserker Stance.

Two Reasons Against. Answers to both.

1. This might further shake up a Talent Spec (Arms) that is already walking a tight rope between balance/viability in both PvP and PvE.

My answer is to adjust the % of damage that Overpower does to other players similar to Colossus Smash. This could be implemented via the Tactical Mastery talent. The reason I pick Tactical Mastery is because it is nigh impossible to find any Warrior who is using it in their build besides serious Arms raiders. This means that it would not affect PvP or Fury.

2. Part of what makes playing a Warrior fun and unique is learning to incorporate and manage stances.

First off, I totally agree with this. My idea is only intended to remove the bulkiness of stance-dancing for Arms during a situation where they continue attacking the same target for a long period of time. Those of us who raid as Arms will still be shifting into both Battle [Rend, Shattering Throw] and Defensive stance [Reduced Damage Taken].

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Short Answer - Constantly being forced to decide which button to mash next. Being able to dynamically react to almost any situation.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Except for the QoL issue I mentioned above, I am very happy with the general state of Warriors.

• How do you feel about your "rotation"?

• Short Answer - Love it. This may get edited with a longer answer in a couple of days since I plan on comparing using MS every 5 seconds instead of on cd with Simcraft.
Edited by Flexecute on 9/17/2011 9:05 PM PDT
85 Tauren Warrior
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG's/Arenas
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I like the burst dps that warriors do thats about it
■What makes playing your class less fun?

The fact that blizzard nerfed titans grip.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's not the best. I get by with about 18-19k dps normally.
■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Another heal besides enraged regeneration that can heal you overtime. It would be usefull in pvp and pve if youre a tank to help the healers out. And a type of charge in Fury instead of having to stance dance to use it or heroic leap. Also revenge to be able to used in all stances as well as overpower
■What spells do you use the least?

Heroic Strike, Inner Rage, Disarm
Edited by Demixia on 9/17/2011 4:55 PM PDT
1 Human Paladin
What makes playing your class less fun?- Easily controlled by other classes without a dedicated dispeller. - Lack of mobility and mediocre damage makes the Warrior class feel expendable since various other classes bring so much more to the table (CCs, shorter CDs, slows, bleeds and damage).- Lower damage then what other classes bring to the table
85 Human Warrior
PvP

BGs and arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Being kited and CC so easy in arena

I like melee, and a warrior is a real man class

Sitting in battle stance 90% of the time and no use for zerk stance anymore as arms, for me a big part of enjoying playing the warrior class was stance dancing, oh ya and you taking intercept away from us, i think it would have been fine if u just took the reduce cool down on intercept out of set bonus and left it at that, also ppl jumping my charge, also heroic leap is still garbage i see mages blink up hill, i seen a hunter disengage uphill why cant i heroic leap up hill? best example is in strand of the ancients at any gate i cant leap up the hill w/o spamming 10 times and getting lucky one. Not having UA anymore, having to ramp up my damage now, god forbid if i get in a CC chain and lose all pressure i had built if Lambs falls off. CD"S sharing a CD deadly calm / recklessness pallys and dks can pop all there CDs at once why cant I? Not having any movement increased talents. i wear plate but nowadays it sure doesnt feel like it. All in all my warrior use to be my favorite toon now he isnt and i hardly play him anymore

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Overall its not bad

Make colo smash back 100% agenst players. an actual use for zerker stance again, i would really love to have intercept back , a heroic leap that actually works 100% of time. Lower the cooldown on Shattering Throw

Inner Rage, Demo shout , slam depending on the specing i take at that point in time right now im heroic strike crit, but i do play slam spec also

85 Human Warrior

Both.

Vanilla (40 mans) / heroic 25 man in WOTLK. Cata: heroic 5 mans with some 10 man raids.

Arena, Battlegrounds and Rated BGs.

Clunky and outdated mechanics that require the use of macros for more fluid gameplay. My warrior is the only character that has her character macro screen completely filled.

Our defensive abilities are unlike any other class. Most classes can pop defensive abilities with no penalty while a warrior must suffer damage/pressure loss when going sword and board. Also it is too easy to strip away with dismantle.

Also no other class suffers an extra 20% incoming damage penalty when popping an offensive cooldown. (recklessness)

I have always enjoyed the overall rage mechanic and being an in your face type of damage dealer, especially bringing fear to others with a full rage bar.

From a PVP perspective having to rely too much on other classes with dispels. Too easy to stay snared or be stuck in some form of root/cc.

Don't want to be overpowered, I just prefer always having a fighting chance vs another player given equal gear/skill.

For PVE - As fury, I believe it is fine. The occasional times you are not enraged and can't utilize raging blow on a free GCD is lacking. Would also prefer blood surge to be less of a random proc and something more controlled.

For PVP - I think it's fine for PVP, would like to have to spam hamstring less often to have more GCD's available for other abilities.

Would also like to see the class get a 1 second GCD like rogues have and DKs can achieve from their frost presence.

I also think shouts (battle/commanding/demo) should be off the GCD. This would make them very useful for their intended purposes.

I believe some abilities still exist that should not be hampered by stance such as...hamstring and rend being available in all stances.

Hamstring is a very weak snare in pvp, would prefer to see it at least be a 60% slow and possibly be auto applied like other snares. No more woddling after someone who is woddling away faster then me.
If not...would prefer to see all snares be the same slow value (either 50 or 60% and be a decision - player must make a choice and use the ability on a GCD, no more auto snares for anyone)
The other problem with hamstring being a 50% snare while other classes get 60-70% snares is that my snare will not be applied because a better snare is already applied. It becomes a waste of rage, a waste of a GCD and it prevents the use of improved hamstring.

Would like to see heroic leap work more often - currently too easy to fail with any slight terrain changes and doesn't work up most ramps.

Would like to see piercing howl be a base warrior ability.

Would like to see stances matter more like they used to. Currently usually stays in battle, prot in defensive and fury in berserker. This also makes the tactical mastery talent leftover pointless. I really liked when 4.0 first came out and stance dancing with 75 rage felt so fun and fluid but that was thrown out the door pretty quickly with further game changes.

Spell reflect cooldown feels way too high. No idea why it was nerfed as much as it would, would prefer to see it reduced closer to its original CD.

Would like to see charge jumping be fixed and perhaps a tiny speed or snare added so when you charge, you have a better chance to stay on your intended target, or at least initially.

Slam - even with talents feels clunky. I try to use it as much as possible since it can hit pretty hard but it is such a pain to have a casted melee ability and use it while always moving.

Maybe would like to see colossus smash reduce 70% armor - like find weakness, if not maybe see more bleed damage through rend and deep wounds against higher armor targets.

Would like to see execute mean something more at 19% or less health even if that means putting it on a short CD.

Would like to see bladestorm hit slightly harder on a single target and perhaps not be disarm-able anymore. I understand the reason for the change back in WOTLK but it doesn't make as much sense as before now.

Inner Rage - current version feels pretty useless 99.9% of the time.

Whirlwind - almost never as arms, only for PVE trash as fury.
85 Orc Warrior
-Both but currently PvE

-Raids and Heroics

-Currently only BGs wanted to do Arenas later cuz i find that Warriors are currently too underpowered (kind of dont want to hold other ppl back with my class in Arena)

-Rage, Rage and Rage.We start with 0 rage and we gain 0 rage when we missed and our atk speed is horrible then we have to worried about hit/expertise.Dont you find yourself rage/angry more when you missed ? i think missed strikes should awarded a lot of rage in return (no joke, this is serious ^^)

-Mobility and able to put pressure a bit(?) in PvP but not that constantly tho =(
-Tanking in PvE is pretty fun
-Feel manly while hacking monster faces with axe but feel like punching bag against other classes.

-Hit like a truck while others hit like a freakin train.
-While Armor + Resilience gives u dmg reduction against physical BUT we can only rely on resilience against spell dmg not sure if thats fair.
-Battle/Commanding Shouts share GCD.
-When u have 0 rage and your PUG friends pulled a group of monster.Challenging shout's CD should be lowered at least 1 min less.
-Feel like got spit on my face when trying to kill healer.

-Pretty simple and fine i think but for Prot War, I dont know why Revenge share GCD with other skills.It does, basically, less dmg than Devastating or Shield Slam.Yes, it hits 2 targets with improve revenge and cost less rage that those 2 but IMO, it should also be another skill to dump rage on.Take Revenge off GCD but cost a bit more rage would be nice.So in a single boss fight we dont have to just spam Devastating and wait for SS's cd or Sword&Board to proc'd + occasionally reapply rend.

-Heroic Leap to actually works like heroic not pathetic.
-Rage needs rework maybe 120 max rage or at least start with 100Rage.
-WW and BladeStorm to actually feel like a Ultimate skill.
-2 Shouts shouldnt share GCD
Those 4 are a must
-Spell reflection's cd to be lowered at least 1 sec would still help if u dont want it to be OP again

-Inner Rage just sitting there.I mean 50% less CD on skills that actually cost you a hefty amount of 30 Rage... really ? is there actually a situation where you can actually spam those 2 skills ?
-Intervene just so hard to use when u have to click on your target which, sometimes, not able to due to you're busying against a group of mobs or one that big enough to cover your whole screen and you know.. just 1 or 2 second too late could actually kill dps class in heroics or raid instance.
-Shattering Throw... hmmm since when do warriors mumble (cast)?
100 Dwarf Warrior
PvE. I do occasionally PvP, but it's usually just random battlegrounds or world PvP.

10-man raids and occasional 5-man heroics to farm things like valor points. Fury DPS is my mainspec, and protection is my alt spec.

Random BGs and world PvP when it actually happens. I run random BGs when I'm really bored and/or drunk, and I go out and help guildies if they're getting ganked or something. That's the extent of what PvP I do. I avoid arenas.

Heroic Leap's reliability is probably the biggest one. Also, it sucks that battle/commanding shout burn a GCD.

Fury's damage output. It's fun to pop all my cooldowns and watch big numbers fly. Rallying Cry was a great addition, and I think it's nice that we have a good "Save the raid" utility cooldown now. Heroic Leap, when it works. I like the whole screaming/recklessness/berserking barbarian feel of the fury spec, and using something like heroic leap where you just jump right into the fight feels cool.

- In PvP, having to constantly use rage/globals to reapply hamstring.

- Cast time / stance requirement on shattering throw. It's a very useful ability that's a pain in the !@# to use as any spec other than arms. As fury, I have to switch to battle stance, wait the 1.5 seconds for Shattering Throw to cast, then back to berserker stance to get it off.

- As fury, lack of any real CC, other than my AoE fear on a 2-minute cooldown. It's not a big deal anymore, but when Cataclysm came out, I was in some situations where I immediately got kicked from random heroics because of my lack of CC.

I don't have a lot of complaints as far as my rotation. As fury, I guess I could say my rotation is a bit too simple compared to rotations of some other classes. The fact that battle/commanding shout are on the GCD is kind of a pain because it screws with my rotation when I want to use those shouts for rage.

I'd like to see heroic leap's reliability improved. It's a really awesome ability that's great when it works but usually gets you killed or left stranded in a really bad place when it doesn't work (which happens if there's a blade of grass or a pebble on the ground in front of you). I think Inner Rage needs to be reworked again. In its current form, I think it's actually less useful than its original version.

- Inner Rage. Its current form is borderline worthless for my spec.

- As fury, I rarely use anything that requires me to leave berserker stance other than situational defensive cooldowns. I rarely ever touch thunder clap, rend, or overpower. I also almost never use retaliation, since I have to take direct hits in order for it to be useful, and I generally want to avoid taking direct hits in a raid situation as fury.
Edited by Cidfrostfire on 9/17/2011 10:08 PM PDT
85 Human Warrior

Both

Heroics

Arenas, Rated BGs, BGs, world pvp

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for warriors.

Re-applying hamstring can be annoying because it spams GCDs, I'd like maybe mortal strike to apply hamstring or something similar to how rogue's crippling poison is auto applied from attacks or infected wounds disease is auto applied from a feral druids mangle or how a frost death knight's chillblains is auto applied from when howling blast applies frost fever or desecration from unholy death knights is auto applied. Charge jumping is annoying which can be fixed by increasing run speed for 3 seconds like shadowstep. Also please fix heroic leap it seems I can't use it when there's a single pebble in the way or a slight incline or even a blade of grass.

Warrior combat abilities in general make this class fun. I like having multiple melee attacks that I can use like mortal strike, overpower, heroic strike , slam and abilities like charge and heroic leap (when it works). I really enjoyed warrior mobility before with intercept not sharing cooldown with charge as arms.

What makes warriors less fun is that they aren't that good 1v1 due to lack of self heals and control. Also fighting against frost mages in general make this class painful to play but that can be said with any melee class.

I enjoy the warrior rotation. I've played a ret paladin and death knight(both frost and unholy) to high ratings in 3v3 and I feel that the warrior rotation is by far the most fun.

Better tools to fight frost mages, fix heroic leap, auto snare, lower cooldown on spell reflect, more viability in arenas

whirlwind, intercept, inner rage
94 Draenei Warrior
Both
All
Mostly bgs, Some Arenas and Rbgs

Fixing Heroic leap, Having a another Titan grip bonus, make all warriors dual wield just they don't have the bonus like fury does with DW and have a weapon specialize talent only for arms and fury

Being able to solo stuff and farm comfortable

not very much CC and not able to compete with other players in pvp without support.

Arms is nice but fury I wish we didn't have to wait on enrage and blood surge to do our attacks. Wish some fury abilities proc like arms abilities exp: overpowered do to rend and sudden death do to normal attacks.

fury being viable in pvp
intercept have a lower cooldown and a 4.5 stun.
Lower our fear abilitiy maybe make it a 30sec cooldown instead of 3
Fury mastery back to normal before it was nerf
Increase our damage so we can be a challenge in pvp
Make bladestorm immune to disarm if not let it keep spinning just doing lesser damage.

Demoralize shout
Edited by Melcroma on 9/17/2011 10:57 PM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
Well, I've answered the questions some time ago, but there are a few suggestions I'd like to add, mostly for PvP and no, i won't go into charge jumping, spell reflect cd and hamstring slow:

Intimidating Shout: In theory it's a great CC, but if you consider shamans will have their Tremor Totem available before we can cast this again it won't do anything unless you have a priest or lock on your team which will most likely have Fear on DR reducing it's effectiveness, also fear is one of the easiest CCs to break with skills like fear ward and lichborn.
My sugestion: Make it a horror effect instead of a fear, and since that would be quite overpowered the duration could be reduced to 6 seconds, it would give something unique to warriors again.

Heroic Throw: Since warriors are the only class lacking ranged damage/utility this skill could use some love.
Suggestion: A talent that could make Heroic throw apply daze on the target for 4 seconds and refreshing it's cooldown when we get rooted or stunned, it would also help us getting back on our targets making warriors a little bit harder to be kited and give us a way of helping a team mate without actually needing to switch targets.

Second Wind: This is a nice talent, but maybe some other nice effect could be added into it reducing the penalty for being rooted, something like refreshing the duration of our Lambs to the Slaughter buff.

Warbringer and Juggernaut: My sugestion here is moving the Intervene removing movement impairing effects from Warbringer and bringing it to Juggernaut. Currently Protection warriors are gods in rated bgs cause they have huge mobility, this would help bringing down protection warriors while giving the mobility arms is currently needing.

These are a few changes I think blizzard could take into consideration for the next patch. And sorry for any grammar mistakes, english isn't my first langugage.
Edited by Largatu on 9/17/2011 11:24 PM PDT
100 Tauren Warrior

both, hardcore/casually off/on since a week after BC release

all of the above

all of the above

Simply put, having no real utility. While I understand and appreciate your "bring the player not the class" mentality, warriors provide zero utility and no longer do the core roll any better than some other class which can bring CC, or cooldowns, or dispels, or snares, or fill in the blank, while doing just as good if not more dps or mitigation. I dont know first hand how true this is for dps warriors, but for pvp and tanking both it is incredibly frustrating to be passed over for groups because someone else can do my role as well or better, while bringing other things to the table.

As you have seen in nearly every post on this page, the mobility. My warrior was my first toon, and of all the spells on all my alts and after playing this game for 5 years, charge is still my favorite spell.

This being said, our mobility is not nearly what it should be currently, especially for arms pvp. With no intercept and the incredibly high rate of heroic leap failing (even on completely flat ground it often fails when trying to get a HL near max distance) I seem to spend 90% of my arena matches CC'ed or snared with all my mobility on CD. More if people know how to bunny hop so that charge fails. Even with 2 glyphs, charge and heroic leap are not enough mobility.
Add to this that hamstring both needs a GCD and is subject to diminishing returns, and the only way I can get an arena group is to beg good friends, and I don't blame the people who laugh at me. Because our damage is terrible, even on the occasion that I am attacking a target for more than 3 seconds.

100 Tauren Warrior

It's not terrible for prot or arms pvp, but a couple thoughts
Prot:
1) We are punished more for missing a SS than other classes that don't loose resources or don't trigger a CD

2) While warrior aoe has improved hugely (thank you) it is still the hardest of any tank imho. Two examples and solutions from ZA:
A) The pack of cats on the way to the 4th boss, the big cat stuns me before everything is in range for shockwave, or before I can rend then thunderclap. Changing glyph of heroic throw to apply rend instead of sunder armor would be huge. Or, since heroic throw is vastly underpowered ability, make it passively apply one of these and have the glyph apply the other. While on the topic of heroic throw, it's CD is too long. Make it cost rage and have a very short CD, or shorten the CD to something like 30 seconds, 25/20 with talent.
B) The dragon-hawk boss. While playing other toons, I always watch the non-warrior tanks and sigh, as DnD, consecrate, or swipe easily and effectively pick up every add as it spawns. Doing this well as a warrior is very difficult if not impossible to keep all of these off the healer because of the way our AoE mechanics work.
The solution to this and many of warriors other problems, is dazed. You thought about this mechanic for warriors, because heroic strike use to do extra damage when things were dazed. Bring this back! And do a lot more with dazed while you are at it! You could fix everything wrong with warriors with dazed! Ideas are as follows:
Make warrior dazed a 70% slow that lasts for X seconds and also slows attack speed by an additional X% (additional to thunderclap (this could be a talent in prot somewhere))
Give piercing howl a CD that is longer than X seconds
Make charge and heroic leap apply dazed to all targets hit (blitz would apply dazed)
Give heroic strike and other abilities increased damage vs dazed targets
Give heroic strike a change to refresh dazed
Redesign shockwave to knockdown all targets for .1 seconds and apply dazed, while leaving the ground cracking dealing X damage per second for X seconds and dazing any enemy that moves over the cracked ground. This could even work on bosses, and be a very short mitigation CD because of the additional attack speed reduction (I know I read you are thinking of making other tanks more responsible for their own mitigation like DKs, good idea btw)

3) Shield slam damge is too similar to revenge/devastate. Give it a lot more damage, a higher CD, and apply dazed with the changes above. Make me actually happy about proccing sword and board instead of just pressing SS every now and then when I'm tired of devastating.

4) Spell reflect nerf was overkill. The very small pieces of utility we bring (intimidating shout, throwdown, disarm, shattering throw, have CDs that are too long or in the case of rallying cry can't be used because of the shared CD. Disarm almost never works in pve, and shattering throw also has too long of a cast time. Make it instant if you are enraged? or have over 70 rage? also make it useable in prot please!

5) Colossus smash is the other proc attack, and again is not as much to look forward to as it should be. Revert the pvp change, give it a longer CD and longer debuff.

The dazed mechanics that could fix nearly everything about warriors
I can't remember where I meant to include this, but bladestorm also needs some reworking. Make it daze targets with the mechanics above! Or at the very least give it higher damage per target and make it lower its own CD by X every time it hits X or more targets. Or for every target it hits above X.
I would also like to /sign the petition to return our trademark abilities that other classes have equal or stronger version of currently. (MS, execute)

Inner rage, retaliation and recklessness.
Retaliation needs to proc on avoided attacks please. It would also be cool if revenge lowered the CD by a second or 2, or by like 10 every time it hit 2 targets.
Now that recklessness cant be used with any other CDs, it is vastly inferior to similar CDs of other classes because of the extra damage taken.
It is beyond frustrating to have to push another button to make an ability (heroic strike) as good as it use to be, one third of the time. I almost think this is a sick joke.
Edited by Raurruck on 9/18/2011 2:00 AM PDT
100 Tauren Warrior
Remove the "or disarmed" from bladestorm, it's a warriors greatest ability for pvp, very bottom of the tree ability, and by adding the "or disarmed" to it you absolutely ruined it.

I would be willing to put points into a "cannot be disarmed" talent if necessary.

Warriors are nothing without thier weapons, let another player (rogue) suffer our onslaught and be made into mince meat, thier teamates can kill us once we have exhausted ourselves from spinning.

Whoever added the "or disarmed" to bladestorm should be fired (drawn and quartered, thier parts burned and the ashes buried). Damn that person to a painful death in all bg's.

Not trying to offend, just my honest opinion };D

p.s. NERF FROST MAGES! SERIOUSLY FFS!
100 Human Warrior
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena/BG/RBG

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I like that it once had a high skill cap to play well

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to blow all my cd's to make a pally even start to loose any health, I can literly go through my rotation on a H pally and he stays full...It is only when i blow all cds that i can get his health to move but my cds drop off while hes about 50% or a little less thats with me working my !@# off on him. thats no fun. trying to kill frostmages is fun, trying to beat on a H pally is not... these are instant heals folks

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
im happy with the rotation, mabey lambs to the slaughter stacks should have a longer duration

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
fix charge jumping theres alot of good sugestions ive seen on the forums even for a temporary fix... Also my thoughts on Leap just let us leap onto things were not going to cast lavaburst when we get up there on somone and you know we can fly there why not leap there, warlocks can port ontop of things. By doing so might fix leaping up hills? we dont wanna see no path available LET US LEAP ONTOP OF THINGS. If it got exploited in bgs just fix those models in the game as they occur change the shape of a piticular object that you feel a fc could exploit it things like that.

■What spells do you use the least?
usually its ms op slam and hs because usually im not on my target i spend more time being kited oh and reck cause its on a 5 min cd
Edited by Ríder on 9/18/2011 6:48 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Warrior
PvP, even though fury is set up to rock the dps it's just not my thing.

Both

Bgs/Arenas, not really any solid RBGs around my server that I want to be a part of

The new BoE trinket from Firelands which allows fury to hit around 100k when set up right.
Being able to murder everything but only when I am being baby sat by a healer

Intercept/Charge having the same cool down.
Not being able to do anything solo in PvP.
No longer having to stance dance because apparently everything needs to be usable in Battle stance now.
Every CC in the world rocks my face except fears.
Arms really doesn't do enough damage to kill healers anymore.

Rotation is solid as it always has been.

Charge and Intercept on different cool downs.
Actually having to stance dance again to have skill.
MS actually doing enough healing reduction to matter.
Enough damage to actually kill a healer as arms.
Damage that can actually rival frost dks and ret pallies again as arms.
Basically warriors were solid during LK, just add back the need to stance dance and keep MS refreshing the duration of rend.

Thunderclap if that even counts when you are arms. Otherwise I find all of the warrior abilities to be rather useful.
Edited by Bobisyourmom on 9/18/2011 9:16 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]