• PvE almost exclusively.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroic 5-mans and raids.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Occasional BGs, but that's it.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• One quality of life issue is the unpredictability of whether heroic leap will actually work or not.

Another is that as DPS, we have don't have survivability that other hybrid/tank classes have. Shield wall still requires a shield, and hence macros, as well as a stance requirement.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Mobility. Adequate rage flow makes for some fun strings of abilities. That can get kind of visceral I guess.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Stances. Stances for warriors are, at this point, bland and boring. They lock or unlock an ability here or there, but they don't change the way you play the game. Look at DK presences. Each presence drastically changes the way the class feels and plays. I am specifically looking at the difference in Unholy Presence with Frost presence. The differences between Battle Stance and Berserker stance is negligible as far as how it changes your gameplay. It's not fun, it's not really a choice, and it just feels cumbersome to have to macro stance-changing in to some abilities. Stances should be more meaningful.

Rage starvation. This is mainly a complaint about Fury. I often find myself waiting while auto-attacking and maybe getting to bloodthirst on cooldown. No surge procs, no heroic strike. Not necessarily a raging blow. It feels pretty bad, to be honest.

Tying into that, having to stack hit rating far, far above 8% in hopes that we will get enough white hits in succession to generate the rage to maintain a smooth rotation is not fun, and feels almost as "dumb" as back when we without fail had to stack stamina gems to tank. There's almost no choice in the matter. It makes re-forging less interesting and feels like a band-aid solution for Fury.

For protection, the only complaint I have is a rather small, but significant one. Roll demoralizing shout's effect into some other offensive or defensive ability. Other tanking classes get their tanking debuff utilities through attacks or abilities that have some kind of fun feedback (icy touch, "thunder judge," etc). Warriors just push demo shout and other than a shouting animation that's interrupted on the next attack or shield block, etc, we get no visceral feedback. It's just more fun to do it in an attack. I know you know this (devastate/sunder).

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• My single-target concerns have been laid out above, so I will just say, yes those are rotational-related problems, but I want to focus on AoE here. I know one of this expansion's goals was to bring back CC and part of that was lowering the effectiveness of zerg-AoEing, something that happened all the time in WotLK. However, some classes, particularly warriors, and even more particularly Fury, have a very hard time in AoE situations.

There's just not enough rage to keep a smooth AoE rotation going. I realize that this can be managed with conservative rage management, but my point is it's just not fun to have to, again, just sit on your bloodthirst cooldown and hopefully get a chance to cleave or whirlwind.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• --Make stances meaningful again, but this time in a fun way. (again, compare Frost and Unholy presence -- meaningful, gameplay-changing "stances" that reinforce the player's playstyle choice)

--More defensive utility for DPS warriors. (remove shield requirement for shield wall? remove stance requirement? something else?)

--Remove Fury's reliance on absurd amounts of hit rating stacking in order to maintain a smooth rotation consistently.

--Nitpicking a bit, but give protection warriors a fun way to apply the demo shout effect. The other tanking classes have it built into an attack; we push our hotkey and magically their damage goes down. There's no visceral feedback.

--I would like for Arms to have another single-target DPS cooldown. (modifying bladestorm?)

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Inner Rage is rarely used. It has its place, but it's pretty rare. Disarm is kind of rare too, particularly because of its stance requirement.
    90 Orc Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus primarily on PvE, though I have a moderate interest in PvP as well.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids. Over the years, I've often found myself in that vast middle ground of raiders that don't push the absolute top of the raiding game but still manage to clear some heroic encounters (or said equivalent back in Vanilla/TBC).

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs and Rated BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As Protection, I would have to emphatically say it's the lack of hit and expertise on tanking gear. It's immensely frustrating, and even with the "removal" of threat it can still be an issue
    (i.e. hatchlings on Alysrazor). Since I'm a warrior, all of my attacks are physical, so I can't fall back on spells that ignore low expertise like a Paladin or DK. I don't have any particular issue with being purely physical, but not having extra expertise over other non-purely physical tanks is annoying. This is especially true of Demoralizing Shout - where I end up wasting several GCDs trying to get it to land. Also, I'm quickly running out of Hotbar space.

As Arms, there are two issues. One is in regards to PvE: constant stance dancing. I really don't like how Arms must spam between Battle and Berserker stance to be competitive in PvE. There ought to be incentive to stay in Battle Stance the entire time rather than switch to Berserker each time Overpower/TfB is on CD. Second: vulnerability to kiting in PvP. Charge, Heroic Leap, and Intervene (situationally) are excellent gap closers. However, if I'm ever caught in a root or snare (particularly roots since those disable all my gap closers) I'm screwed without a pocket healer. I'm not asking for more ways to get in and attack ranged/casters in PvP - we really don't need to be more offensive. I would just like to see a better defense against this in the wake of Spell Reflect's new massive CD.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The idea that, in a world of magic and superpowers, I'm just a guy with a sword, grit, and determination. That while other tanks need unholy powers, blessings of the Light, or the boon of nature itself I can stand toe-to-toe with a dragon with no special enhancements whatsoever. Warriors are, in my mind, the Batman of the Warcraft universe. We reach such a peak of physical perfection, such an incredible level of willpower and focus, that we become supernatural. I guess it's a lot of the same coolness and mystique that surrounds martial arts and becoming a "Kung Fu master."

On the technical side, I would say it's my mobility and very active playstyle (both as Arms and Protection). The former should be obvious - it's fun as a melee class be wherever you need to be... well, once every so often anyways. Even as a tank it's great being able to quickly close on a target with Warbringer and use Heroic Leap to quick position something a certain way or to avoid some dangerous AOE. To the latter, it's the fact that I'm always pushing a button as a Warrior. I like being very CD-centric rather than so strictly resource limited as, say, a rogue or DK. I'm always doing something as a warrior. I'm never truly waiting on anything and that enhances the "kung fu" feeling I mentioned before.

What makes playing your class less fun?

I found the removal of Dual Wield for all specs but Fury to be very disappointing. Arms and Protection have no practical business using DW, true, but it was fun from a cosmetic or RP perspective. Warriors are supposed to be the weapon masters, and it's not as fun seeing every other melee class besides Paladins being able to DW while we cannot.

I also don't like being so gear dependent. It's not as bad as, say, back in Vanilla, but it's still very much an issue. Particularly in PvP - if you don't have a good 2H weapon as Arms you're going to get stomped most of the time. Even if the rest of your gear is pretty good. Not that it isn't fun to feel awesome with awesome gear, but being at that peak doesn't represent the majority of your time playing WoW.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Very happy with my rotation both as Arms and Protection. I do wish Revenge had a larger role outside of low-rage situations, however.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Can't really say. Some "button replacement" abilities like Devastate would be nice. As would be a talent for Prot that, say, folded Demo Shout into Thunderclap. Call it Shock and Awe or something.

What spells do you use the least?

Inner Rage. It's more or less macroed to Berserker Rage and ignored.
    85 Goblin Warrior

I rarely do PvE as warrior, if so i only go few random heroic or za/zg.

3's arenas and RBG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Charge jumping for sure. Charge was suposed to put warrior in melee range right? But because this it doesn't happen.
    And having to stack lambs of slaughter always make we enter in combat on disvantage, just make it a regular buff instead, it falls of easily when we get cc'd.

going fast from side to side of the battlefield hitting people in the face.

Be stuck in place by tons of snares and cc's like an idiot and when i have that little change to get in melee range with charge, it get jumped and then i still miles way from my target like a idiot.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

no problems with my priority.

Charge jump fix.

Charge remove moviment impairing effects.

Lambs of slaught as a regular 30% buff to slam, overpower and mortal strike, get rid of the stacking.

Mortal strike healing debuff incleased to 25%

Shield wall, not because it's not important, is because the cd is ridiculously long for a defensive skill we rely so much on.

85 Human Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE exclusively now on my Warrior.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Minor utility skill uses being nerfed. Example, Heroic Leap could be prep'd in Throne the Tides when the Faceless Watchers lifted you up, and used to avoid taking falling damage. While it's still possible, the window of opportunity for executing it makes it extremely difficult to pull off since you can no longer prepare it until you're already falling. Such niche uses of abilities that reward player ingenuity with minor benefits should be left alone.

I don't really have anything to add here.

Having to go to extra lengths to do things that other classes can do normally. Such as having to swap to a shield for Shield Wall to get a defensive cooldown, while other DPS classes have them already on hand without suffering a major loss to their DPS while doing so. It's not so much the having to change gear that bothers me, it's that other classes aren't penalized as heavily for the same effects.

Also PvP in general as a Warrior alone. Ever since my brother quit playing, not having a healer to play with has me pretty much retiring my Warrior from PvP these days. While we have counters to being shut down so easily by other classes, none of them are actually available to the Warrior player himself. We're entirely dependent on a support class keeping us mobile.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    It could use some more consistency, but otherwise it's fine. I hate aspects of games that are beyond player ability to influence. Like if my raid group wipes because my DPS was low for a fight due to RNG, I get frustrated. It doesn't happen often, but I look at it the same way I view similar factors beyond player control. Taking the game out of the player's hand is never a positive approach to design IMO.

A Legendary Shield. lol Not a whole lot though, I like the Warrior, it's a basic staple class of the genre and I think it's portrayed well here. If anything I'd like to see some original new abilities in the future

The way I play games, I try to find a use for everything somewhere. While not every ability has a use in every spec, they're almost all generally useful in some situation.

As far as what I don't use much anymore... mainly Disarm. For being a Defensive Stance skill only, it's pretty much been relegated to a PvP only skill, and has very little use in PvE anymore. I think Spell Reflect for the same reasons. Great for PvP, but almost useless in PvE. Even if Spell Reflect could shrug off like only 15-20% of a raid boss single target spell, I think it would be awesome.

Rallying Cry and Last Stand. I strongly dislike both skills. Their window of effective opportunity is small and short. Temporary HP boosts are only useful if the receiver of the boost takes damage that would have otherwise killed them without the boost. It happens, but not all that often.
    Edited by Rhosyn on 9/18/2011 2:23 PM PDT
    85 Undead Warrior
    ■What type of content do you focus on? PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics at the moment hoping for raids soon.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Paying for enchants for two weapons.

■What makes playing your class more fun? The large hits and the dual two handers.

■What makes playing your class less fun? Sitting there looking at a boss for 2 seconds while i bounce back and forth waiting for my weapons to hit and my rage to gain.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I dont hate it but i dont like it alot either.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? Faster rage regen or lower rage costs.

■What spells do you use the least? Inner Rage, with the rage gains of fury i dont use it alot because I dont have the rage to make it worth casting.
    90 Blood Elf Warrior

Both. I do PvE to take a break from PvP and vice versa

I am currently progressing through Firelands. I also help guildies out and have fun doing old instances/heroics/raids for transmogrification gear.

I currently do both arena, BGs and rated BGs.

Warrior mobility used to be a staple of the class. Now we're too easily peelable. Charge and intercept never have and never will need to share cds. Heroic leap is far too unreliable to use in any arena/bg/world pvp. World pvp needs to be brought back. Flying mounts are great, but it has ruined world pvp entirely. (Think, Tarren Mill, Southshore zergs)

The mobility made us amazing. Classes couldn't stay away from us for long, however, bad warriors would get kited all over the place. Currently ALL warriors get kited all over the place.

It used to be fun to play because we were a force when we had support. Now we're much closer to pin pricks. We were able to force pressure on healers, or their dps with assist trains, and now we're replaced with greater results by ANY other melee class (ferals, rogues, dks, retribution). Our burst is the lowest of any class, and having to waste a gcd on a snare that is lackluster makes it almost not worth applying. DK's get an auto root when specced into their 'snare', which is basically what warriors need since we need to be IN melee range.

I really enjoy the priority system introduced near the end of Wrath, and I feel it makes our class more dynamic in pve. However, Fury is still a little clunky and boring since the RNG sucks balls and it's entirely too possible to have huge miss strings even with 14% hit.

I'd like Mortal Strike to be returned to it's 50% healing debuff incarnation. The reason for this, is that healing has become ENTIRELY overpowered. Something needs to be done about it to make pvp ANY fun whatsoever. Killing a healer 1 on 1, sometimes 2 on 1 is an impossible feat and one that discourages many of the "would be" pvp'ers to just not do it. I understand the need for pve healing to be as it is due to the incredible amount of incoming damage from bosses. However, in pvp having 2-3 healers on a team drags out the fight into epically boring proportions.

Shattering Throw is used the least because it has a specific dynamic. It's used to drop invulnerabilities. Perhaps the armor ignore portion of this effect being able to be renewed by sunder armor would make this cd worth blowing on other classes for the extra armor penetration. This obviously applies to arena teams that may not have a paladin or mage present so that shattering throw isn't a complete waste of a gcd.
    85 Tauren Warrior

PvE

Raiding

-

The absolute worst aspect of Warrior PvP has got to be the frustration and helpless feeling of not being self sustainable. Unlike Paladin and DKs, we have "zero" chance of helping ourselves survive. We have no "active" way of self healing outside of a little HOT on a huge CD.

It feels very "gimped" to PvP as an Arms Warrior after having PvPed on another class, it is very hard to describe but Arms PvP is likely the worst aspect of playing a Warrior currently, I dare say PvP in general. Please for the love of Warriors everywhere, give us "fun" abilities. I realize Warriors are not supposed to be flashy etc., but it seriously hurts seeing a Paladin or DK and in contrast not having anything remotely comparable in survivability or "Coolness", we simply are not the "Cool" Juggernauts we were in Vanilla, we're just lame versions of the other Plate "Juggernauts". Please do not consider "Shield Wall", as this requires creating a macro and weapon swapping, I simply don't agree that this added effort can then be justly contrasted to a DK or Paladin pushing 1 button and continuing with main rotation etc. Perhaps make Paladin equip a shield for their damage reduction CD?

I believe Protection is in a good place overall, there is very little to complain about. Rage is still a major issue when outgearing an instance, with 378 ilvl going back into a 5man is terrible... to say the least. As opposed to a DK or Paladin which at that point can Solo the instance and have fun.

On that note, I would love to see Protection Warriors have some self healing abilities like the other classes. I'd absolutely love to be able to Solo old content as Protection... that would be amazing.

I think more self sustainability would make it a lot more fun, less feeling of dependency on someone holding your hand. PvP Mobility was very nice, before it got nerfed into the ground.

P.S.: Rallying Cry is great :) !

P.P.S.: The idea of a stacking bleed when a target is moving away from the Warrior and in order to "drop" the stack the player would have to stand still was great. It is too bad this got scrapped. I would propose perhaps a debuff that does more damage based on how far the target is from the warrior perhaps? something along those lines would be "Cool".

Playing a warrior, after Vanilla has always felt very rough. When all the other classes started evolving their "quality of life" into a new age, it feels as though Warriors stayed the way they've always been a bit more. We still cannot solo old content for example, this is just a small indication of not being able to sustain ourselves in contrast to other Plate Wearers or even Warlocks for that matter.

One great change was of course the rend spreading for protection and shockwave. Its not all bad :)

Protection is ok, fury is terrible... I can't begin to describe how terrible it is. Arms is also quite frustrating but more streamlined.

1) (Protection) Self Sustainability (Heals etc.) - I want to be able to Solo old content like many other classes
    2) (Arms PvP) Self Sustainability (Heals etc.) - I would like to feel less dependent on a healbot.
    3) (Fury PvE) Rotation - I would like to see the Fury Rotation cleaned up
    4) General [All Specs] - Rage as a mechanic feels very limiting and restricting, not dependable and not fun at all.

1) Inner Rage - This was a bad idea
    90 Tauren Warrior

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE Mainly, few PvP

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    All of the above

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Fix Heroic Leap, make stances actually affect game play,the feel of battle stance and berserk stance is the same. Buffing the healing from Blood Crazed and Bloodthirst would help with more survivability in lower level content. Adding a new attack ability to fury would be nice, or adding a restackable debuff to fury(Mortal Strike/Rend,Devistate/Sunder Armor).

* What makes playing your class more fun?
    The ability to solo content somewhat, our burst damage.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
    PvP, almost totally dependent on a healer to last awhile.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Arms rotation is fine, same with prot. Fury in my opinion seems dull with alot of Bloodthirst spam.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Healing buff to the fury tree, along with some new abilitys. A reduced CD to Bladestorm, would like to use it every aoe encounter other than every other encounter.

* What spells do you use the least?
    Shattering Throw, to long of a cooldown for something that's not really that great.
    85 Troll Warrior
    PVP

All of the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    I'd have to say heroic leap isn't reliable but thanks for fixing threat :]

Sliding from victim to victim in a pack of alliance ;)

Stance dancing (I just don't have enough key bind buttons it seems) and getting kited to heck

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I like the amount of spells at my disposal, allows for switching tactics up.

I miss the old talent tree model; setting yourself apart as successful by a good strong build but also being able to change things up and experiment if I felt the need. It seems like specs are cookie cutter :)

Most things I have to stance dance for :P though typically spell reflect... cant seem to turtle up and get that off in enough time...
    85 Human Warrior

I'm not sure if this is the kind of feedback you want or not.

On my wishlist is a way for warriors to participate, in other ways than just attacking things.

Grapple, instant cast, melee range, short CD.

The warrior grabs hold of his opponent for 8 seconds, preventing him from moving or performing any actions. While grappling, the warrior cannot move or attack. Any direct damage to the warrior may break this effect. If the target is stunned, dazed, or disoriented, Grapple cannot be dodged or parried. When Grapple ends, GCD is triggered.

I think this would provide extra utility to any spec warrior in a pvp situation, as well as giving dps warriors or off tanks extra utility to help in a dungeon/raid situation. Not a true CC, but I see it as a way for a warrior to use his rage to help defuse a bad situation (CC'd mob breaks early, extra adds get pulled, etc.) before it gets worse. Extra adds that get pulled, or adds breaking from CC, could be grappled just long enough for true CCers or tanks to react and adapt to the changed situation.

I think it compliments other warrior abilities well, including throwdown and intercept, as well as the image of what a warrior can be on the battlefield. And it makes the warrior choose between dealing damage or providing utility, which in pvp or pve is always an interesting choice to make.
    85 Orc Warrior
    Pvp

Other= Dailys to pay for my Pvp habits.
  • lol

All the above

Lack of mobility ie. Charge / intercept on separate cd's or at least bring down heroic leaps cd down to compensate. Many class's have resets to their cd's through immune to keep us at bay and an easy HK.

Hamstring ie. Weak snares that have dmr's, while other class's do a better job of snaring and share no dmr's from their slowing effects they can randomly spam. Some class's while being snared is in effect from the Warr have speed boost's and either remove our hamstring or cannot be snared lower than X %. Which leads to the endless cylce of the Warrior being kited. The only thing I have at that point is harsh laguage left for them. LOL

Spell Reflect cd a bit to long even while glyphing for this.

Colossus Smash ie. Many class's bypass our armor via magic, diseases , bleeds or poisons. So in essence, it's like they have a constant CS on us while never having to push a button cause it's native ability to bypass armor. Something that can refreshes this ability would be great.

Charge ie. The bug since Vanilla still haunts us! Other class's can either jump while running away and cause us to land shy 5yards+ from the target, hence leading to a hamstring or possible snare to exist. The timing of the jump away is critical in causing this bug.

Having played many of the class's and their resource bar's. Rage management has always been my favorite.

When the balance of Pve or Pvp changes occur with class needing buffs happen. This causes a DIRECT impact to the one or the other. The only way I see this being resolved and ending this cycle is to either separate Pvp / Pve servers and their talent tree's as needed. So that constant changes in buffs / nerfs eventually stop. That or change the way Script ( Pve ) mobs take dmg, so that other class's aren't needing the buffs or w/e to be competitive in raids etc etc.

For the most part it's great, however I'd say fix the need of Disarm and having to go into defensive stance.

Mobility Fix's , Snaring Fix's ( as stated above), Colossus Smash refresh, Spell Refect cd lowered. Disarm and the need for defensive stance. Revamp Strike plz, it's usesless in Pvp and shares Mortal Strike's Gcd.

Strike. LOL
    85 Orc Warrior
    Seems like Warrior is the only class that everyone from page 1 to last saying the same things.If we dont get any fix next patch i dont know what else...

I will say it again Warrior is fun to play in both PvE and PvP and I love the class so much eventho we're a laughing stock class in PvP.
    I know I'm logged on as a 57, but don't let that throw you. I've got a decent amount of experience as both a tank and DPS with this class. It's one of my absolute favorites.

PVE almost exclusively, with the occasional foray into PVP

Heroics and raids

BGs, mostly

I'll get to quality of life, later...

I've leveled and played almost every class to at least 50 at one time or another, and there's nothing I've found more satisfying than charging into battle (Charge, holy crap, Charge is the best from a fun factor standpoint) and standing between your group and their horrible end. There's a sense of impact and mobility that makes playing the warrior both cathartic and fast-paced. When combat abilities characterize the personality of the class, I get a kick out of it.

It probably comes down to quality of life things, honestly. Again, I'll get into the outside (and inside) combat stuff on my wishlist.

Like I said, I'm pretty happy with most things once I get into combat. Although, to be honest, Slam feels perpetually out of place, for DPS. Mobility is so key to the warrior's strengths that to get rooted down, even for so short a time, it really disrupts the whole element, to me.

As far as abilities go, whatever enhances mobility, keeps me charging around the battlefield and characterizes my class as the go-to, front-line badasses of the game, I'm totally fine with. More Whirlwind (or make WW worth using, again :-P), Heroic Leap and other stuff with cool combat animations.

Alright, *cracks knuckles*, here we go. And this is more of a commentary on all of the classes then on warriors specifically, but I have some interesting ideas for warriors, on this front. Each class, I think, could use some more flavor abilities, ways that their class, outside of combat, is genuinely unique. Teleportation is such an awesome ability, and it fits the mage really well, but I think the game could use more abilities or perks like this one that compliment each class. Warriors especially. Now, since warriors are characterized by their dedication to the perfection of armed combat, maybe something like a warrior specific mount with a weapon/gear rack would be fitting. I'd love to see every class get a specific mount, whether ground or flying, but that's probably pie in the sky. I've got ideas for each, Blizzard, if you're interested ;-D

Maybe specialized weapon buffs? I get pretty loyal to certain weapon types, so maybe a selection of some sort of weapon mastery once we hit a certain level that could buff the damage in that category?

Maybe it's as simple as a questline that makes you feel more immersed in your class? Some sort of interaction with being an actual soldier (similar to Stonetalon quests) for the warrior that you do every ten levels, like the old days, but using the new phasing elements. Could apply to all the classes, too, and scale with levels all the way to the top so you actually felt like you were ascending within your given order.

Maybe something related to placing battle standards or party buffs, or more shouts? They're supposed to be battlefield leaders, and their presence could reflect that more distinctly in the buffs they offer, I think. The problem with taking that route, and it's been said already, is that it all comes down to making the classes feel like they offer something no one else does, and different buffs (think of the shammies, Blizz, the poor, poor DPS shammies) aren't enough. It's got to FEEL different.

As a warrior, I want to feel terrifying, like my DPS is an absolute onslaught. Make the class harder, add in more cooldowns that have to be timed correctly, add more components to the rotation, I don't care. Just make us the best at what we do, and that's armed combat. That's what we're supposed to be, after all, but with all the homogenization of the classes that's been happening lately, I just don't believe it.

Like I said, that goes for every class. This feedback section is a good chance to hear what players look for and love about their class from a flavor perspective. Use it to make us more distinctive from one another, again!

Challenging roar, but occasionally it's my "Oh s***!" button.
    As mentioned above, I don't like using Slam. But I do.
    Kinda hard to answer, as obviously this changes with each spec/stance.
    85 Human Warrior
    Primarily PvE, but BG PvP when PvE slows down.

Focus is 25 man raiding.

BGs.

Heroic Leap targeting/working. It is a very useful ability, but targeting can be cumbersome and when it doesn't go off, it is hard to tell if it was a player mechanic issue or a pathing issue to know whether to try it on another attempt or just not use if for a particular situation.

Ability to make choices about offense and defense. Gear choices, when to use Shield Block offensively (with Heavy Repercussions) or defensively (especially with Shield Mastery magic damage reduction). Baleroc with its range of proactive and reactive cooldowns (including trinkets) is awesome, with Alysrazor being a mix of maximizing offense while managing a combination of fight mechanics (worms) and personal cooldowns and timing. Even having demo shout and thunder clap as active rather than passive adds a offense/defense choice.
    Mobility is a key fun factor for warriors, with choices to fit lots of situations. I often wonder if there could be less binds for movement - but then realize each one has its own unique fit and am glad they are all there.
    Having more than one action possible every GCD - warrior tanking is very engaging. It is normal to have every GCD used, and to have choices about using HS/Cleave/BRage to augment these. Along with the utility abilities like Pummel, and procs for Revenge / Shield Slam, there is no feeling of waiting around.

For PvE Prot - Charge is a key fun item, but diminished with Charge unpredictability on positioning versus a boss. Sometimes (even on the same boss), charge will position in odd places, facing and camera position, which can be a problem if ground position is important or a pummel is needed immediately (like Feludius).

I really like PvE Prot with its mix of offense and defense, and that I can choose to focus on one or the other (even modifying based on current situation). It can be annoying to have Demo Shout or Thunder Clap miss, since it is a break in flow, but otherwise it is good.

Keep the PvE Prot engaging - from the tanking blog post "Going a GCD or two without using a combat ability is fine with us". This is not fine with me - having more than one option available in a GCD is world's away from having an option every couple of GCDs. I don't think this even works with multi-boss and boss+add encounters for warriors, we need every one of those GCDs (and augments like Cleave) to be effective. So first wish list item is to keep the class actively engaged every GCD.

To deal with button bloat going to level 90, think about how to put some boss effects into abilities that are currently not usable on bosses. For instance, use Concussion Blow to refresh Demo Shout/Thunder Clap but not stun when used on a non-stunnable target.

Impending Victory - hard to justify taking over other talents for 2 points with its limited use.
    85 Blood Elf Warrior
    Thread Questions & Repsponses:

What type of content do you focus on?
    PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Arenas, BGs

Uptime, mobility and LTTS dropping off everytime im kited for more than 10 seconds, why give us a 30% damage increase buff to have it fall off in a round of sheeps or CC's? my 12 to 15k crits and lucky 20k crits (with all CD's popped) while others get 22 to 30k crits. Constantly having to reapply hamstring, LTTS and slam having terrible synergy, having to MS to keep the buff up OP when it pops them Slam IF they havent begun kiting u by now and causing your character to corner and your slam not to go off gets quite frustrating.HEROIC LEAP, how many times do people have to mention it.

What would make playing your class more fun?
    More mobility, LTTS fix, MS providing a USEFULL debuff.

Getting CC'd, constantly relying on a dispell to catch anyone.
    - Lack of mobility, useless bleed damage, rend breaking fear, seriously Seal dot dmg wont break Repentance, why not rend and our fear?
    - Low crits 19k MS's with a 30% dmg buff is unacceptable with mages easily getting 22 to 24k crits on a regular basis.

It's extremely simple, no complaints i guess i would love to be able to use a slam build more often but it's too unreliable when fighting someone who kites.

an Imp C Smash talent? Targeted H leap? LTTS (lambs to the slaughter) being a static 15% or something other than the garbage it is. Blade storm being more than a quick way to break a root and cause a frost mage barrier to break without getting caught in it. not having to waste time constantly spamming hamstring every 6 seconds. Possibly an overpower refreshing hamstring?

Whirlwind, Slam,
    85 Night Elf Warrior
    • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE
    • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Prefer raids, but currently in a smaller guild that doesnt raid but once a week, if that.

Battlegrounds randomly if friends want to / the mood strikes
    • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Honestly, the only real gripe I have is due to the poor buff/debuff tracking of the UI. Its rather sad I need to download a mod like NeedToKnow to be able to keep track of my Executioner buff in a sane manner (this also applies to things like Rend, Sunder Armor, etc).

Oh and Heroic Leap being non-functional on gentle inclines.
    • What makes playing your class more fun?

As Fury, being able to use single-handed weapons and the highs/lows of combat as cooldowns / enrages trigger. I always loved the more chaotic nature of Fury as opposed to Arms (ie, having your buff bar light up and really going to town), and I couldn't stand the way Titan's Grip felt. Made me ignore my warrior for quite a long time, so thanks for bringing SMF in!

As Prot, Shockwave and Thunderlcap spreading Rend are my two favorite parts still. Probably because I was primarily a tank in classic and AoE tanking was ... less than easy. Critical Block is really nice, and I like not needing to keep Shield Block up constantly like you used to.

In general, not having Heroic Strike being my bread-and-butter finally is very nice. Oh, and not that it's applicable anymore... but the original Rampage was so annoying as a 20-second, must-click-to-refresh buff - thank you for getting rid of that!
    • What makes playing your class less fun?

Being jealous of Arms for having both +phys damage and +bleed damage raid debuffs. In general, as Fury, I wish I brought something to the raid besides Rampage. And on a completely unrelated note which may sound silly, the size of one-handed weapons. I swear they could be scaled down to about 75% of their current size and still be pretty big - but at least they wouldn't be slmost as tall as me anymore.
    • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As Fury, I like it. I think Raging Blow could use a use little something, be it oomph or effect, but overall I have no complaints.
    • What’s on your wish list for your class?

Further refinement of Fury's enrage-mechanic and the abilities that play off of it.
    As Fury, brining something to the group that makes me feel a bit more useful than just smashing NPCs.
    As Prot, honestly I think some kind of raid-wide DPS boost would be really cool - along the lines of Rallying Cry.
    Rallying Cry lasting a little bit longer.
    • What spells do you use the least?

In general, Inner Rage, Intimidating Shout, and Shattering Throw are the three I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, and Retaliation - I never remember that it's not Battle-stance restricted anymore, and even still, outside of some ocasional tanking situations it has limited use.
    Edited by Apogee on 9/18/2011 8:14 PM PDT
    85 Tauren Warrior
    -What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I primarily focus on PvE content as a Fury/Protection Warrior, though I dabble in Arms to switch it up for DPS.

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Dungeons and Raids are the PvE.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I do not PvP on this toon if I can avoid it, aside from occasional World PvP type encounters while questing.

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

With no need for reagents or ammo, I cannot think of any "Quality of Life" type issues for warriors.

-What makes playing your class more fun?

Thematically, in a world of high magic and steam-punk styled machinery, being a person who is able to hold his own through mastery of arms and armor has a strong appeal.

As far as game mechanics go, Warriors have some of the most interesting non-gimmick abilities in the game, and a large portion of our spell book has a satisfying "crunch" to them when we smack an enemy with a weapon or shield. All three specs do decently in the PvE scene, meaning we have two DPS specs that while different, both have enjoyable aspects to them.

-What makes playing your class less fun?

Most of these problems are PvP based, but, for a class that touts it's "put on the pressure" play style, it seems that despite the supposed mastery of arms and armor, other classes just perform better in most regards. In addition, since our ability to perform is so closely tied on the quality of our gear, it's always disheartening to see warriors get scaled back each patch to keep them from being "too strong" as a new level of gear is released, but other classes stay on roughly the same progression of power creep.

In PvE, I dislike how I get nerfed in damage out-put because of balance issues in PvP. Yet, despite the balancing, we seem to have a lot of trouble combating other classes in PvP.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotations for warriors are a far improvement over what they were prior. (I started playing when ICC went live.) Both Arms and Fury make for very fun and unique PvE specs, and I like the priority-based system that has been implemented for all three. Tanking also generally has been improved to a more interesting rotation on boss fights, though prior to the threat generation buff grabbing multiple small mobs was a challenge with only thunderclap and demoralizing shout available to draw them in if Challenging Shout was on cool-down.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?

This is a surprisingly tough question. As far as it stands, for a non-magical class in the game, I feel overall Warriors are doing pretty well.

I'd like it if Heroic Leap could be fixed a bit more. Feral Druids, Rogues, and Mages can pull off some interesting tricks with Feral Charge, Shadowstep, and Blink respectively, yet for Warriors heroic leap has a lot of pathing issues that makes it hard to utilize in all but the most level of terrains. In addition, the whole "Jump" gimmick to counter our charges is very frustrating as it easily counters and invalidates a class-defining ability.

Mostly, though, given the exponential nature of power increase that has been the standard for Cataclysm, it'd be nice to find a bit more of a balance in the relationship between a Warrior and his gear for performance. As gear gets better, so do we given how warriors deal damage and generate rage, so it'd be nice to actually feel like we're getting more powerful, instead of always being nerfed to some sort of middle-ground for dealing damage.

-What spells do you use the least?

I am the type of player who fills his action bars to the brim with every spell I feel will be useful just in case, but with that in mind the abilities I use least are:

Rallying Cry: If I am tanking, it's usually better to use Last Stand for the extra Health so I can keep tanking, and as DPS usually the situation where I use it we are wiped anyways.
    Shattering Throw: Even when spec'd to an Arms Warrior, this ability, while in theory really interesting, tends to be a hindrance to use, as it either disrupts my rotation or takes to long to cast.
    Slam: This ability...I remember getting it so early while leveling, yet it always seems so clunky. For filler moves, we have Heroic Strike and Cleave, and in Fury, even when it procs it can often be better to use another move to get more damage out of our rage.
    PvE only. Tanking.

Heroics mainly and Raiding when it's time, along with low level dungeons for fun and Transmog gear too.

No PvP.

Making Battle and Commanding Shout for Protection Warriors a 10 or 30 minute buff and take away the rage gain from them and instead making Taunt give you rage when used would be nice. Also, making Demoralizing Shout cost no rage, I mean Arms Warriors have that luxury and it only makes sense, if not more sense, for a Prot. Warrior to be able to shout to lessen damage/get aggro, maybe even couple Demo. Shout with the Taunt idea and have them give you rage when being a Prot. Warrior instead of Battle/Commanding.
    Giving Prot. Warriors a cooldown lessening on Heroic Leap would be great too as it's more useful for a Prot. Warrior to use it more than a DpS Warrior in my opinion.
    There should also be a lower cooldown for Challenging Shout for Prot. Warriors, it's CD is too long and there's no good reason I can think of that we shouldn't be able to get all aggro on us in emergency situations.

Heroic Leap, Shockwave and Warbringer make being a Prot. Warrior super fun and engaging. Also like being able to Rend one target and Thunderclap to get AoE aggro.

Nothing to complain about, but a lower CD on Heroic Leap would be sweet.

Rotation is good, only problem is Shield Slam not going off sometimes, I have to stop all button pressing to get Shield Slam to go through. Maybe messing around with some of the global or regular cooldowns on some of the abilities?

Pretty good where it is can't think of anything besides what I stated above.

Intervene.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]