(Locked)

85 Undead Warrior
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Wasting a GCD to apply and re-apply hamstring.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Heroic Leap (when it works), charge.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Easily snared/rooted with no CD to get out of it but Bladestorm.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

No problems here.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Bladestorm purpose now is to get out of roots, it's really a joke that i've had players come to me on meele range while i'm Bladestorming and just take it to the face while they do more damage to me than me to them.

Hamstring gonne from the game complety and have Overpower or MS apply a more powerfull slow than hamstring.

MS giving a more powerfull healing debuff, healers these days are just too much.

Fix the Heroic Leap bug.

# What spells do you use the least?

Slam, Whirlwind.
85 Undead Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids, ARMS/PROT

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] world, bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I would like more of our utility to be more intuitive (cut down on the number of macros i have). Stance requirements are fine, but having to press two buttons (as ARMS) to disarm, spell reflect and then one more to switch back is a substantial dps hit. That is fine for "pro" but for "noob", it's a challenge to press all that in the 3-6 second window that you have to do it. Possibly add a training quest learn to stance dance properly or a training dummy that casts 1dmg pellets.

Battle Stance needs to be further differentiated from Berzerker stance, hopefully tied into deciding on a specific secondary stat to focus on. We have ambiguity as expertise is so-so due to overpower mechanics, and then there is crit, mastery, and haste? being able to say, "mastery is what you focus on, but crit and haste? play around with it" would be nice.

The ranged weapon slot, it should all be craftable, new recipe every tier or some other easier to obtain way. It should go the way of int plate, vendor trade in of an agi weapon or something along those lines. This past tier, the only option for prot was on one of the the archeology boss. Good thing we were pushed to run them every week....There isnt even a pre raid option besides the pvp one.

(not warrior specific: for the race future polygon upgrade: can the forsaken get new types of boots? the toes sticking out physically make no sense (game logic) and looks silly)

What makes playing your class more fun?
ARMS: Dynamic rotation, big hits, utility, mobility, managing threat showed skill
PROT: Aggressive and mobile style of tanking, utility, rewarded for good play

ARMS: PVP changes affecting PVE reducing utility/flavor
PROT: stupidity in pugs, very common buffs, active utility (demo shout, tclap) eventually leading to too many buttons.

Not being able to use daggers in any meaningful way(although i have seen new tanks use em as weapons). I would replace the ranged slot with daggers, with a trade in system where we could trade in agi or int daggers.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Pretty comfortable with both. I am liking the threat changes for prot and being able to focus completely on survivability.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Replace ranged weapon with daggers obtainable via vendor trade of agi or int daggers. Find separate tuning knobs for pvp and pve damage. More intuitive (macro free) design of utility abilities limited to stances/shields(do not drop stances requirements, that would require losing utility for "balance")

PROT: Differentiate more from palis, they are the "fast" tanks with many small blocks, we are the "strong" tanks with critical blocks, so let crit rating affect crit block chance in addition to the mastery. Mastery can be redone to just improve black amount and not improve block chance. Slightly spikier damage, but that'd be the tradeoff to deal more damage than other tanks and negating most of a hit sometimes (placing us btwn droods/DKs and Palis). Adjust shield block to even out incoming damage (rewarding good play)

Rallying cry is a bit annoying for prot, since it puts last stand on CD, I know it's to balance it out since arms and fury can use it, but i wish there was a more elegant solution since if aoe damage happens before a spike in tank damage, you just wasted a personal def CD.

What spells do you use the least?

ARMS: All the prot skills, intimidating shout, disarm, spell reflect is nice utility, but most pvp thing. Intervene, Shattering throw (which is bad play on my part, but 1.5secs feels like forever in pve and it's best with bloodlust, which is usually during the execute phase, thus it almost feels like a waste)
PROT: Disarm, anything that requires a stance/weap change.

Edited for slight clarification
Edited by Prinnyknight on 9/18/2011 10:52 PM PDT
85 Gnome Mage

PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
no
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All, and dueling
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
none
- stance dancing, being able to charge and intercept was too fun.
- Not being such a watered down class.
- 10 second CD spell reflect
- non disarmable bladestorm
- spammable revenge.
- Cataclysm makes playing warrior less fun....
- everyone used to want a warrior for MS.

-no
- more like wotlk.
- warriors seem more slow, and much more boring than they were in wotlk. In wotlk you felt faster, you felt like you had to do much more to actually be good.
- i haven't played my warrior for so long, so i don't remember.
Edited by Peppyeppy on 9/19/2011 12:37 AM PDT
1 Gnome Warrior
Make arms viable pve spec
90 Gnome Warrior
Oh also just wanted to add:

Fix our AOE...

Or rather more accurately, give us an aoe.
81 Draenei Shaman

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• [i]Short Answer - two 2handers!

-fixed =0
    90 Gnome Warrior

Both

Heroics and Raids

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Very poor balance philosophy and implementation. Why is it okay for casters to drop on a limb, arch, tree etc. and take me down before I get out of range but when I get close to one in the wild it doesn't even phase them? Why is cloth stronger than plate?

Pve is still fun except for the endless grind. Running the same two heroics on two characters 14 times a week for VPs is getting old. Pvp on a warrior isn't fun.

Heroic leap is said not to work because it is based on an old creaky game engine. So, why is it a talent? Why is it still in the game? No one uses Inner Rage. Get rid of it. Can't you come up with something useful or interesting? Cata was supposed to fix some of the inner workings of WoW. Not! Couldn't you have expanded Shadowfang Keep so we could see what was going on? Especially with all the spell effects? Lazy design and programming. Speaking of, is it a feature to have DK red puddles obscuring all of the ground effects? Why isn't mana an issue in pvp? Why not get rid of mana shields and just start mages out with 500k of health? Why are cloth wearers un-killable? Had 3 million + damage against one priest including 3 knockdowns in one bg and her mana never got below full. Pvp isn't fun anymore. It could be fixed in a minute by tweaking some numbers. Do it. You already know what's wrong. I feel cheated by half the game not being available because you only balance for .05 percent of the players.

Fine

Fix pvp. It should hurt when a warrior gets next to you. It should hurt more if you're wearing cloth. Get rid of stances. You don't support swapping gear. Your interface out of the box is unplayable. We need to be Lua programmers and use addons for any enjoyment. Why do we have to macro every button for /startattack? Lazy maybe?

Inner rage, disarm (awkward), heroic leap (if there is a green target, shouldn't it work?)

Made the mistake of paying one year in advance (9 months to go). It's your game and you know it's not fun to be a warrior in pvp. I'm tired of the game and it's not fun anymore.

85 Human Warrior
    I'd like to repeat what I and some of my warrior friends are saying, that I ENJOY the RNG chaotic roller coaster nature of warrior DPS.

I'll accept the lows from unlucky miss streaks and rage starvation anyday if we can expand on the synergistic nature of lining up procs and buffs and CD's for bursts of awesomeness.

Consistency leads to predictability. Predictability is boring.

I'd like MORE opportunities for dynamic synergy within abiltiies.

And you're welcome to make playing warriors harder.
    85 Human Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? 2v2s, Battlegrounds

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Huge problems with Heroic Leap availability. When you charge and your opponent jumps, good luck getting to them before charge stun is up. Hamstring = weak. Bladestorm: low damage, mainly used as a CC breaker. Mortal Strike: the decreased healing is negligible nowadays, it's easy for any geared class to still out-heal me no matter what I do.

What makes playing your class more fun? Heroic Leap, honestly. I can't live without it. Also, I just love general warrior gameplay, don't know why I never rolled one before.

What makes playing your class less fun? Once we blow our trinket and bladestorm (again, CC breaker) we're done. Any class can get 5 yards from us and have a hay day. Low damage output is also a pain, seems like you gotta be pretty good to play an arms warrior efficiently in PvP with or without a dedicated healer.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? My only problem with my rotation is Hamstring. Gotta hit it twice for the full effect, which is 2 GCDs that you aren't using on a damaging ability.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Better gameplay in general. I feel like I missed out on a lot, rolling a warrior in 4.2. Classes can easily control you if you don't have either your trinket, bladestorm, or a dedicated CC breaker on you. Mortal Strike is a joke now. Charge a jumping enemy, might as well not have charged at all. Charge and Intercept sharing a cooldown is kinda a bummer, but I can live with it. Would be nice if we could get Heroic Throw's silencing ability (2nd or 3rd teir prot talent I believe) in a more easily-reachable area (meaning somewhere that we don't have to get something useless to get it)

What spells do you use the least? Whirlwind, Slam, Heroic Strike.
    85 Human Warrior
    Give arm's warrior a Heroic Fury Skill or Allow arm's to Use that skill for adding better Mobility to our class since we ate it hard with Intercept. That is fair imo.
    85 Worgen Warrior

+both.

+heroics/raids

+bgs arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be
    considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

+Biggest one is stance requirements, especially the fury tree. actually- pretty much only the fury tree. if you're fury you can't leave zerk stance if you do you suck, and because you don't you can't use good abilities like rend, thunderclap, revenge.

+Being a hardened bloodthirsty madman whom cuts down anything in his path.

+stance requirements, lack of crowd control or lack of quality crowd control

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are
    used to maximum efficiency.)

+The rotation i feel is dry, if you have 0 procs you stand there pushing bloodthirst, doing virtually no dps. maybe removing the enrage requirement on raging blow or fixing heroic strike would help.

+Being completely serious: titan grip bladestorm, and remove shockwave from protection - make it an every warrior ability learned between 81 and 85. replace shockwave with something more like tauren war stomp, or D3 ground pound.

+Sunder Armor, Piercing howl. AND STRIKE!
    87 Night Elf Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Arenas, BGs

Duration of hamstring, Heroic Leap not working up hill, Rage, having to apply sunder armor for CS and our current weapon choices (warriors should have options to use a Polearm or Staff).

I pvp freqently and often have to tank in pve which forces me to keep this spec at all times. Because of this I have to respec my dps spec on a daily basis if I want to pvp. Would really like to see a separation between pvp and pve talents. Growing very tired of constant nerfing/balancing act between pve and pvp. Turning unique classes into streamlined homogenized machines with little identity.

Mobility, unique abilities, armor and weapon choices with different attack styles for each.

Being frequently immobile. Heroic Leap not allowing us to jump out of a root or ice-block. Looking like everyone else.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I actually really like the arms and prot rotations at this time.

Fury gets the benefits of 2x 2H weapon stats, I would like to see arms given the ability to use a 2h or 1h weapon with a shield. Adds the extra stat benefit and the ability to use reflective shield. Would need to make small bucklers or just keep the shield on our backs when using 2h weapons.

Second wind should stack up its healing potency if we are frequently immobilized in a given period of time (say a mage or druid rooting us over and over again within 5secs or so).

Like more group/raid abilities like rally cry. Perhaps a spell dmg reduction or a hot version. They would be activated by us dropping a rally banner totem (with a given radius) and share the same cooldown.

A silence or interrupt with heroic throw.

inner Rage
    Edited by Borak on 9/20/2011 1:00 PM PDT
    90 Human Warrior

Well, on this guy, I focus mainly on PvE. However, I have created a Worgen Warrior and I use him for PvP and I find it quite fun at the moment. :)

I usually Tank on this guy. Raids, Dungeons, etc.

BG's on my Worgen. His racial isn't super useful yet. :(

In PvE... Not a whole lot of issues there that I can think of currently. Oh, a Threat Drop of some kind other than death would be nice :).
    In PvP, I've got plenty but I haven't PvPed at max level yes so I really cant complain till then.

The fact that I can do a full circle around and entire room, pick up all the mobs, come back to my healer and AoE the crap out of them really fast. Also the fact that other classes HAVE to slow and/or Immobilize us because we are very sharp, armor plated, wrecking balls.

That we rely so heavily on other classes throughout the game. In PvP, without a dedicated healer/ dispeller, we are nothing but a very sharp, lead weight. In PvE, without a good source of heals (other than vic rush) We can't survive very long in a dungeon or a raid.

In Prot, I feel like a warrior. Only offering my flesh, my bone, and sinew as means for protection. Taking the blows that would kill a lesser man and continue to fight on. (quote from WoW wiki)

In Fury, I feel like I'm lacking that umph that all warrior's need. I think that if you un-nerf arm's and fury's nerfs that reduced our damage a couple patches ago, we would get that feeling of umph back.

In Arms... I'd say my rotation is unfinished because im not max level on my Worgen yet lol.

Well there's a few things.

Seperate PvE and PvP for the love of all that is bloody.

We need a better reason to use intervene more, make it happen.

Possibly, in the next x-pac, add two new warrior abilities along these lines.

Instant cast.
    85+ Rage cost.
    10 minute Cooldown.

The Warrior enters a state of overwhelming rage, increasing their size, health, attack speed and their overall damage by 65% for 20 seconds. While in the state of the Avatar, the Warrior's movement speed is reduced by 25% and all abilities costing and providing rage will be increased by 30%.
    In addition to these effects, while within 100m of the Warrior, enemies, party and raid members will receive a passive buff/debuff [Presence of the Avatar] which increases overall damage of all party and raid members by 5%/ reduces movement speed by 10% and increases damage taken by 5% for the duration of Avatar.

This effect cannot be dispelled.

The Avatar is still susceptible to slows but not immobilization's.

The Avatar is immune to fears and other methods of loss of control. IE: Mind Control

Fissure:
    .5 sec cast time
    20 rage cost
    30 second cooldown

The warrior slams the ground in front of him/her, causing the earth to be forced up at a extreme velocity in a target direction for 25 yards. This line of earth becomes impassable terrain for x seconds. Any unit's caught in this line will take Y damage (modified by attack power) and are stunned for Z seconds.

This spell is not interuptable

We also have stickies that we have asked to be posted for a long time. Please see to it.

We also have some bad Talent's like Safeguard, Die by the Sword, etc. Please look into the warrior forums for a good way to fix or make for atractive to spend points on.

Uhm, not a whole lot more i can think of at the moment but i will be sure to come back and edit if I think of anything.

look at post #1 for more references lol.

Uhm, i feel like disarm could be used a little bit more in my rotation. Strike.... yeah.

I had alot more than this typed but i took too long and it logged me out and erased everything.
    Whoever is reading this stuff, get some rest, you are going to need it lol.
    85 Human Warrior
    PvP
    Arena
    No mobility, No defense (Spell Reflect CD is too high... I only use this ability if my rallying cry, shield wall, self heal, interrupt are on cooldown), Slow damage output, Literary NO crowd control. Being replaced in pretty much every arena combo for other classes since they are just simply a better class. (So much for bring the player not the class)
    I like how rage works and thats the only reason I still play my warrior. But other than that I can't say I like anything else about the warrior, since Blizzard removed the need to stance dance thus making every warrior the same as the last.
    Being a damage bot and having bladestorm disarmed.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I generally feel like I'm button bashing half time since the amount of nerfs warriors have had, so I can't really say I feel like we have any set rotation. From my experience arms doesn't really have a rotation as per say, something like fury might but not arms. Arms rotation feels like oh if everything else is on cooldown then I should be using my slam ability, it has been completely nerfed down.

• Give us back intercept

• take the stun off charge and replace it with a "web" like snare with a longer duration (Try and atleast fix charge jumping.. I mean come on we only have one charge)

• lower the CD on spell reflect

• give arms a new 51 point ability and move bladestorm up from the last teir closer to deadly calm (since bladestorm is disarmable... I don't see any other melee level 51 ability can stop ALL Damage and dispel the ability itself with disarm)

• fix the redundances with the class (Recklessness forcing the warrior to take 20%? it can't be used in conjunction with Deadly Clam so why do we still take extra damage when we use it?)

• Fix redundances like Mortal Strike.. *Every Class* has a mortal strike like debuff so you can fix our mortal strike and make the debuff different make it so it changes the way warriors are played.

Spell Reflect, Berserker Stance, Whirlwind, Sweeping Strikes, Intercept, Sunder armor, Inner rage
    Edited by Killrawr on 9/21/2011 1:02 AM PDT
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]■
    Pve

Heroics and raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    none
    For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.■

Hard to decide been a warrior for 3yrs now I would say the amount of damge we can do as burst.Charge intercept heroic leap are all awesome.Having heroic leap now is a life saver and way to get back into boss fight so much easier if all others are on cooldwn

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Stance dancing to use shattering throw kind of killls ur rotation in fury to marco out and back in after throwing it but that be just a grip the rage loss kind of sucks from doing the stance dance also

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Rotation is great right no problem it works like it should feels fluid to me

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Maybe a little more damage from are white hits and shorter cooldwn on health regen

■What spells do you use the least?
    As fury rend is the least used would be nice to see rend used in both arms and fury.Heroic throw is also up there i really only use it to taunt adds down on spiider fight and to start fights with ally but truthly there are times when it is helpful to have.
    88 Gnome Warrior
    My biggest quality of life issue is the limited amount of damage Arms can do after a brief downtime. This is once our stacks from using Mortal Strike fade and Rend must be reapplied.

In the grand scheme of things, this had no bearing on how we will perform over a 5 minute fight, as I'm sure you know.

The issue really comes into play when there are lots of adds to fight after this down time.

Such as Yogg-Saron - even when Arms wasn't great I liked it, but I HAD to go Fury for the Nightmare transition to kill all those tentacles.

Now the same for the Ragnaros transitions, although I don't play my Warrior as much. I would have to go fury because I would have to spend too much time building up.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]