(Locked)

85 Worgen Warrior
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Raids, achievement runs

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Normal BG's few Arena's anymore

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having Shouts off GCD would be great

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Everything. Warrior is the best class in the game and it takes a rare breed of person to play it properly.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
PVE DPS - Mastery is a joke for warrior, yet mastery is required to enrage so that we can actually use an ability....an ability which is supposed to be great damage. Since mastery is totally useless atm, why not just give all our tier gear hit/crit instead of haste...mastery..things we care nothing about.

PVE Tanking - I have both a Warrior and Druid tank. I love my warrior but with equal gear my Druid is vastly superior. To properly warrior you have to spec out of all hit and expertise and gem for mastery, whereas, to druid tank you get to gem for agility increasing your damage, crit, and also gain avoidance. Roughly my Druid can pull 13K DPS tanking sometimes more, my Warrior barely sc#%#@s in 8K most days.

Revenge requires us to miss, dodge, parry to use and with no expertise surprise surprise revenge misses lol.

Recklessness, Paladins have wings, Droods have Berserk (which is amazing), yet we have to be very cautious about popping recklessness due to the increased damage taken.

Retaliation is a cool idea, but unless you pull a very large mob its useless in all PVE Situations.

PVP. I love PVP in every aspect but I absolutely hate how hamstring is horrendously underpowered, our mortal strike is a joke, and as someone stated on some other page or bladestorm is laughable that its sometimes best used to get out of snares. I hate to admit it but a frost mage vs. most warriors is instant win for mage. All of there abilities apply slow, and multiple roots that your never immune to.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is fine for all spec's. Shouts off GCD would only help it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Heroic Leap which works
3 spec's, at the very least make one useable in PVP only, or activated in Arena, BG, TB only. I understand that for a PVP Server which I was on for two years this would be hard to work around, but for me, I can't even PVP anymore unless I want to pay tons of gold to respec, reglyph then do it again for PVE.
Shouts off GCD

■What spells do you use the least?
Spell Reflect. Used to be perfect and now its near pointless
Inner Rage. Pretty useless as PVE DPS and situational but helpful for PVE Tanking.
85 Worgen Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
None

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
- Reliance on ever stacking amounts of hit for smooth rage generation

What makes playing your class more fun?
Heroic Leap is fantastic. I have so much fun flying through the air and charging covering 60 yards or so instantaneously. Also being able to leap away from what would be a death fall into lava or off a cliff is extremely useful and allows us to get back into combat and get rage up quickly.

What makes playing your class less fun?
- Rage starvation. Having to rely on high hit in order to have a steady generation of rage deprives us of placing more emphasis on crit.
- Mastery needs to be buffed. Not all gear can have hit/crit therefore it would be nice if mastery/haste weren't entirely useless
- Low damage of raging blow but having it as a critical part of the rotation (top dps numbers for me are melee and bloodthirst, making up 32 and 27 percent of dmg respectively, followed by raging blow at a measly 10 percent). Deep wounds and incite follow closely around 8. I understand the less frequency associated with RB contributes to those low numbers but the ability itself should hit harder than BT if it is on a much longer cd. It isn't "Raging" like it is supposed to be. The only thing "Raging" about it is you can only use it while enraged.
- The talent tree is entirely flawed. Many useless abilities in the fury tree (for PVE) like "Die by the sword," "Furious attacks," "Blood craze."

- I absolutely HATE being unable to have 3/3 points in both deep wounds and incite based on how the tree is structured. both these abilities are very desirable as both make up a competitive amount of damage done. With the lack of raging blow's effectiveness, please make both these abilities available for speccing fully into, or at least buff RB.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- I am fine with the fury rotation. The only thing I would suggest is take Battle Shout off the GCD (as many others have said). With the T12 bonus we pretty much waste half of it waiting for the GCD to be up and if we only get in a colossal smash pretty much waste it entirely.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Battle shout off the GCD
- Buff raging blow
- Make mastery and haste more valuable
- Less reliance on solely hit and crit
- Possibly a few more proc opportunities. DKs and Pallies get numerous procs and we really only get a one from bloodthirst every now and then
- Make 3/3 deep wounds and 3/3 incite available for speccing into as well as removing some of the more useless PVE fury talents mentioned.

What spells do you use the least?
- Shattering throw. Long cast time and required battle stance, I have no desire to waste time/dps stance dancing and waiting.
- As fury PVE, defensive spells. Although I have no problem with this.
Edited by Vlaine on 9/21/2011 11:08 AM PDT
90 Human Warrior
pvp exclusively

N/A

ALL, mostly bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

main issue is mobility, or lack there of without constant dispels.

I've been playing this since vanilla, so whatever you have been doing has kept me around…

I love rage, its such a unique resource.

Personally I like having Heroic Leap. It is not as effective in combat as stance-dancing to intercept by no means but its an amazing dynamic to have. For instance I personally was in EOTS and was knocked off one of the bridges by a shaman. With a quick button click i hopped, mid-air back to to platform and killed a few more horde. Also the fact that it and charge avoid fall-damage is very useful in high terrain areas such as leaping off Lumbermill in AB and surviving.

As a side note, the best periods from my perspective where A) vanilla pvp when we had our hybrid spec, B)pre-wrath when sudden death was execute based and proc chance was tied into crit chance and lastly BC with mace spec's stun and weapon stun combination. Sure, overpowered in some aspects but none the less, fun.

The fact that we can be pinned down and nuked.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The main downside from my perspective is having to cast spam-string repeatedly. Also the lack of being able to charge then intercept is a huge letdown. It was a trademark move for all warriors since vanilla. You might as well have removed mortal strike from the game, with that and the ms debuff nerf didn't help.

Personally I think you need to re-work a lot of the spells, I get that we aren't a healing class, fine, perhaps do away with one in exchange for some sort of "Combat Readiness" type of mitigation for arms/pvp. Also a lot of the spells are out dated, such as having to cast defensive stance before disarming, it just requires us to layer macro's. A re-tool of the spells/stances & requirements should be looked at.
Also a better burst than recklessness/inner rage. While I'm at it, Sudden Death, the name made sense when execute was involved and was more effective imo. I also would like to see more of victory rush, how? not sure, maybe some sort of proc but I like it, useless if i kill someone and am at full health, maybe a hot would be better.

sunder armor, i don't see the need for it anymore when we can just devastate, make that streamlined or do away with devastate and implement a damage component to sunder armor in the prot tree
Now this one is a bit of an odd ball but, rallying cry, handy, but surely you can do better than that for a spell, we have last stand (if your prot) but even as arms id trade it for something else. I feel it was just shoved in there as a place holder and last minute quick fix. The idea of the more rage we had, the more damage we would do, was a great one! it makes sense! bring it back! No we don't want to just white damage till max rage and then roll our faces across the keys, but to just take that out without even tweaking it and just saying "well, lets give them more health" was lazy. Sorry to say it.
90 Human Warrior

Both

Heroics/Raids

BGs, Areanas

Love the damage and the charging

Being rage starved, and not being able to use Charge and Intercept anymore, Please take those two off a DM. And Please make rage like it was in Wotlk crits give rage. Fury is hard to keep up with IMO with the way rage is now.

Rotation is fine, Just need more rage please.

Charge and Intercept to no longer share a cooldown.
Giving us better rage regen. (Like each crit gives extra rage)

Ummm.... I use all spells to their advantages.
90 Draenei Warrior

Almost exclusively PVE, with very occasional PVP.

Heroic dungeons.

The occasional foray into regular battlegrounds and Tol Barad.

The pathfinding on Heroic Leap is truly awful. I've actually wasted a lot of time in dungeons trying to use it two or three times, then just giving up in frustration and charging in. I sometimes miss half a fight that way.

There are a couple of really great abilities and talents that just make me feel like a badass Warrior in my gut. Blitz and Heroic Leap are awesome - throwing myself headlong into a bunch of bad guys is a really exciting feeling. As I mentioned earlier, Rallying Cry is one of my favorite new additions to the class; I love being able to save the raid even though I'm not the tank or healer. Colossus Smash is great; it really feels like a bonus when I've got it up and, more importantly, it doesn't feel like a penalty when I don't have it. The biggest rush I get now, though, is Blood and Thunder, Recklessness, Bladestorm. My healer may be developing a stress ulcer, but I'm addicted to it.

I feel like I can't help the party as much as I'd like. A lot of the warrior's stuff is about self-sufficiency, and that's great, but I don't feel like I'm part of the team as much. On my Retribution Paladin, the Selfless Healer talent and Hand of Protection let me save someone's bacon now and then even when I'm not in the designated party-saving role. I'd love more stuff like Rallying Cry that lets me help the party out.

I'm not yet overwhelmed, but I'm a little worried about where it goes from here. Forget more core rotational abilities; if, in the next expansion, I get any more auxiliary support abilities, I'm going to have to decide what to knock off of my glutted action bars. I'm out of easy to reach keybinds twice over as well.

More party utility, either by allowing me to help my allies more or by giving the class some long-term crowd control. Something like the Paladin's Repentance would be fine. Repurposing Intimidating Shout sounds good to me, but might have PVP ramifications.

I like Intimidating Shout, but almost every time I use it it's completely wasted. I have Commanding Shout on my bars, but I rarely use it. A couple of other classes grant the same buff for either an hour or an indefinite duration; having me refresh it every 2/4 minutes just seems like a lot of busywork by comparison.
90 Draenei Warrior
Forgot to mention: I use Inner Rage so much that I forgot it existed when I replied to the thread, even in Prot spec.
85 Undead Warrior
- PVP (2v2 and regular BGs)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered
- Heroic Leap not working properly is a big issue (mainly not being able to use it on any incline at all)
- being CC'd during bladestorm doesn't seem right (all of the following have happened: death gripped, death coiled, stunned, cycloned, sheeped, nova'd)

- I love being a class that is melee in a true sense of the word. We rush in, do dmg and get out. no need to sneak around

- just heroic leap/bladestorm not always working as intended. Other than that I love the class :)

- No real complaints, would be nice not to have to spam hamstring at times but it's no big deal

- More of a "Barbarian" feel would be cool. D&D style - run around half naked with a big 2H weapon killing people :P

- Retaliation

90 Pandaren Warrior

Both, but mostly pvp these days. I started playing in BC doing just heroics as a tank, and when dual-spec came out in wrath I went fury, then later I switched to arms and in cata started to focus more on pvp, and now recently am back to fury PvE.

Heroics mostly, but soon casual raiding as dps.

Everything. Arenas, BGs, RBGs, even world pvp.

This may not qualify as quality-of-life, but our only self-heal outside of combat is on a CD, and is not garunteed to refill out health all the way. This is in contrast with my main who is a warlock, On that character I can fully restore my health and mana in a few seconds outside of combat with life tap/soul harvest. This makes soloing/questing smoother, but on my warrior I still need to stop and eat food or apply a bandage every once in a while. I must say however, It's not nearly as bad as I remember in BC where warriors had almost no self-heal and first aid was a requirement for levelling. Still I would like to see the necessity of having to sit and eat food removed. I would rather save my enraged regen CD for combat when I actually need it.

Charging in and smashing things in the face. Pressing a button and seeing a number pop up on the screen instantly while being able to move around is very satisfying gameplay. Again, this is in contrast to my warlock where it takes a moment to see those numbers pop up.

Also, the rotations for all 3 specs are all fun and Dynamic. More below.

Being rage starved, especially at the beginning of a fight. Not being able to CC effectively.

Getting kited and not being able to hit my target. This is really not fun and very frusterating. Other melee classes (ie ret paladin, unholy DK) have a talent that increases movement speed, and this is something the warrior class needs badly in order to remain competitve in pvp. PvP seems to be mostly about simply staying withing melee range of your target so that you can actually hit him, hence the need for several different gap closers (charge/intercept/heroic leap rocket jump etc). If warrior were given a talent that gave an always on minor speed boost such as other classes have, this would remove the need to rely on gap closers like charge all the time in pvp.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which
abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation for all 3 specs is pretty fun. Feels interesting and dynamic. Arms is the spec I play most these days, and its great. Having mortal strike refresh rend is perfect, and lets me focus on doing direct damage all the time rather than occasionally having to stop smashing things to put up a debuff.

I just recently started to get back into fury again for PvE, and tested it out as a pvp spec and was surprised to find it viable. The rotation feels MUCH better than it was back in wrath now that its on a priority system like arms and is overall more fun.

For prot, the rotation is fun. It still feels the same as it did back in BC in the fundamental abilites, which is good because it works very well. Hearing that shield slam crunch when hits is oh so very satisfying.

I would like to see a glyph to remove or lessen the "damage taken" part of recklessness, similar to the way death wish works. For arms, it is my only big damage CD, but it carries a risk. Other classes get a similar CD with no risk attached, they just simply do more damage when they pop it. (ie ret paladins) I would even rather have a glyph that removed the damage taken but increased the CD by 10 mins.

Also, as stated above, some form of reliable healing for only outside of combat so that I don't have to waste a CD would be nice.

Deadly calm needs to be given to prot warriors. This would immediatly fix the problem of being rage starved on a pull, since they would be able to pop it, and for a few seconds be able to use whatever they needed to save the group.

Demo shout and challenging shout. They just don't feel useful. Challenging shout is only a temporary taunt, and doesn't really fix my problem of not having enough threat on the mob, and so its usually more useful to just hit the mob with damaging move instead to actually aggro it. It is AoE, but if I have that many mobs aggrod on someone else, challenging shout will not fix the problem. Its a last-ditch, everything-else-is-on-CD, "hail mary" at best.
Edited by Miritrix on 9/21/2011 6:31 PM PDT
100 Gnome Warrior

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • Unreliability in Heroic Leap path finding, making it tough to use on a moments notice.
    Demoralizing Shout doing nothing but a debuff, with no damage or threat. This makes it hard to use at the start of a pull, and annoying to keep up. My ideal fix would be to attach Demo Shout to Rend, so that Thunder Clap would refresh both with the appropriate talent. I would also like to see Hamstring be usable in Defensive Stance, as Protection does not currently have access to any snares unless you take Piercing Howl.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • The movement abilities in Charge, Intercept, Intervene and Heroic Leap. No class can move around like a Warrior can. I also enjoy the stuns I have available as Protection, and the fact that they often work on boss fights with adds.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Rage. Or more accurately, being rage starved. As Fury you have to be incredibly careful to not Heroic Strike at a bad time, or you can be out of rage for a long period of time because of misses and lose a significant amount of damage. As protection if you are not the focus of the boss you have very little amounts of rage and cannot do much besides Shield Slam and a few Devastates. Other tanks suffer from having no Vengeance, which we can get around somewhat with Vigilance, but Paladins and Death Knights are able to do their complete rotation despite not being attacked.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • Due to small amounts of lag in how abilities trigger after proccing from another abilities, such as how Sword and Board works, you often cannot use it in time unless you notice instantly. I dislike proc based dps rotations, though they are one of the few ways of making a more skill reliant rotation. Both Fury and Arms use procs for very important parts of their rotation.

As Fury you have both Raging Blow and Slam that are used from procs. Raging Blow is up more often than not, and can be triggered with many of your cooldowns, making it easy to use reliably. Slam on the other hand is only used with a Bloodsurge proc, and the worst part is when you miss the proc, or use slam right as the proc is going to fade and it forces you into hardcasting the Slam. It also has to be used right away as Bloodthirst has such as short cooldown that it can proc very quickly back to back.

The Arms dps rotation is very fun, because the one main proc you have with Overpower and Taste for Blood is much harder to have wasted. Between the 5 second cooldown on Taste for Blood, and the fact that when geared correctly, Overpower will never activate without it. You can hold off on using it for one or two abilities and not lose the proc.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • The Demo Shout change I talked about above, along with changes to the way rage generation works for all specs. I would also like to see Spell Reflect be more useful, as it rarely ever works in a raid. Maybe give it a secondary effect, or a talent that added something so it would be used more often in raids.

I would also like to see some changes to Warrior AE damage, as I feel worthless compared to other classes. Fights are designed with burst AE in mind, such as Beth'tilac, Rhyolith and Ragnaros. Arms warriors have some burst AE with Bladestorm, but the cooldown is too long and it stops you from using anything else for the channel. Whirlwind hits very weak now compared to how it was before, and as such Fury AE is decent sustained damage, but low over a short period of time.

I would like to see Warrior Shouts off the global cooldown. This could also include Demo Shout, and have a cooldown placed on it so you couldn't spam it. The other shouts have significant cooldown times, and while they provide rage, and a buff with the T12 4 piece, they are annoying to use while attempting to keep up your dps rotation.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • In raids I make very little use of Spell Reflect, Intimidating Shout, Hamstring, and Disarm. I understand they all have significant use in PvP, but for raids they see almost zero use.
    85 Human Warrior
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

A quality of life issue I'm feeling but haven't seen talked about much, has to do with Titan's grip and PvP.

When purchasing PvP weapons, TG fury warriors have to spend a lot more conquest points in getting their weapons than any other class or spec. 2handers being the most expensive, and TG fury needing to buy 2 of them, while everyone else gets one 2hander or two (cheaper) 1hand weapons.

It would be awesome if there was some kind of "off-hand two-hander" available for a cheap price, or "one hand two-handers" for the same price as normal one-handed weapons.

Perhaps a "bastard sword" type weapon, which can be used as a one-handed or two-handed weapon with different stats based on how you use it.
    85 Goblin Death Knight

PvE primarily

Heroics, Raids

Occasional BG's

Shouts on the gcd. Heroic Leap being finicky. Shattering Throw stance requirement and cast time.

Prots mobility and stuns leave a lot of room for creativity.

20% increased damage taken from Recklessness . Being the only class that plays roulette in a raid with one of their few cd's isn't fun.
    Cleave is hardly worth pressing.
    Haste is a "junk" stat for both Arms and Fury.

Arms: I like Arms' rotation far more than Fury. It does feel a bit tight though with a 1.5 second gcd. Weaving in slams between Overpower and MS and reacting to sudden death procs while avoiding rage capping is more frenzied than it should be. A reduced gcd would smooth the rotation out a lot.
    Deadly Calm isn't much of a cooldown in PvE with how weak Heroic Strike is. Even if you pop it with no rage you can still spend half it's duration with a full rage bar. It seems like reverse logic that it can't be used with inner rage.
    Slam hitting harder than Mortal Strike just doesn't feel right.

Fury: Fury is one of my least favorite rotations of any class in the game. Raging Blow, a bread and butter ability, being tied to cd's and rng is awkward and frustrating. Rage income is feast or famine and heavily reliant on gear. Bloodsurge feels like a way to shoehorn slam into the rotation. Meat Cleaver ramp up time seems unnecessary. Mastery is completely marginalized due to PvP. Bloodthirst and Raging Blow just don't hit very hard which takes away a lot of fun factor.

Protection has a lot of "toys" but it seems like we got the raw deal when it comes to survivablity and cooldowns. Hard to compete with a pally who has Gotak, LoH, Divine Guardian, Holy Shield, and Ardent Defender. A bit more parity in that department would be nice.

A little more breathing room for Arms. A higher proc chance on Sudden Death with an internal cooldown to reduce rng dependence. A talent that applies the bleed debuff via thunder clap to increase sustained AoE. Some way to make haste useful.

Inner Rage, Shattering Throw, Spell Reflect (in raids)
    90 Orc Warrior

- Both

- Heroics and Raids

- Battlegrounds and Arenas

- Not being able to rely on Heroic Leap, path finding is a big issue.
    - Having to buy 2 very expensive pvp weapons (feels like I'm being punished for trying to pvp as Fury).
    - Having to rely on RNG for some of my best abilities.
    - Rage generation being so hectic.
    - Having shouts on GCD.

- Titan's Grip.
    - Gap closers (intercept, charge, heroic leap).

- Rage starvation.
    - Having to chase targets constantly (Fury PVP).
    - Having to constantly re-apply (and therefore use my so coveted rage) Hamstring/Piercing Howl.
    - Getting told I need to switch to arms to pvp effectively.
    - Wasting a GCD on shouts.

- I do enjoy all three spec rotations. They are fun and involved.

- Being able to Heroic Leap up hills and ramps.
    - Better snares for Fury, perhaps make Hamstring cost no rage or last longer or have Bloodthirst or Raging Blow refresh its duration.
    - Shouts off GCD.
    - Better rage generation.
    - More appeal to Mastery and Haste.

- I just want to play as Fury and be effective whether I'm doing PVP or PVE. Not feel like I'm swimming against the current because I happen to like the 'feel' of a spec.

- Inner Rage
    - Whirlwind
    - Spell Reflect

(it's not to say I don't use them, I just use them the least)
    Edited by Falkas on 9/22/2011 6:14 AM PDT
    90 Human Warrior
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

10 man raids, starting to do heroic raids.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Heroic Leap, Heroic Leap, Heroic Leap! This ability is wonderful, when it works. When it fails, whether due to a tiny rock blocking LoS, a slight change in elevation, or something that no one can figure out, it is absolutely infuriating.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

For starters, Blood and Thunder is the best thing to happen to Prot warriors ever. I love the large amount of mobility and stuns, as well as the amazing block mitigation we have. As for Fury, Titan's Grip. Dual-wielding Armageddons back in Naxx days was amazing.

When Heroic Leap fails. Trying to apply slows while in Prot spec.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Well, as a tank I don't really have much of a rotation, but I'm happy with it the way it is. I'm interested to see what new 'active mitigation' you guys have in store for warriors. For Fury, it's more of a priority-based system right now dependant on procs, which I guess I'm alright with.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Hamstring in Defensive Stance would be amazing. Every other tank spec has access to a slow except for us, and it was hurting us the other night doing Heroic Shannox. Also, a ranged attack with a shorter cooldown. On Ragnaros, if Heroic Throw is on CD, then I'm going to need to rely on someone else to hit a meteor if one happens to come after me. I know that we don't have tons of ranged attacks because we have tons of gap-closers, but a gap-closer doesn't help on meteors.

■What spells do you use the least?

Disarm, it hardly works on anything in raids except for trash. Intimidating Shout has little to no use in a PvE environment, but I suppose that's alright. It would be nice to have more situations where Spell Reflection would work. Finally, just the normal Strike ability. Sort of like the normal shaman Primal Strike. Why are those two abilities in the game?
    Edited by Argentan on 9/22/2011 9:49 AM PDT
    85 Night Elf Warrior
    1.Q: What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    A: PvP and a light touch of PvE.
    2.Q: If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    A: Heroic Dungeons.
    3.Q: If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    A: 2v2/3v3 Arena and Non-rated Bgs.
    4.Q: What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    A: Literally had to stop and think on this one.. I love warriors and have one at every bracket so being able to have one as every race is nice.
    5.Q: What makes playing your class more fun?
    A: With the coming of cataclysm I have enjoyed the additional healing options warriors have gotten.
    6.Q: What makes playing your class less fun?
    A: Being outdone by alot of previously weaker melee classes. (ie rogue and druids which were a joke at level 70) when warriors are the "Undisputed masters of melee combat" it also feels like almost every class has better utility than mine. On a side note I would enjoy seeing hybrid specs coming back into play, they were too short lived imo.
    7.Q: How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    A: I feel like a lot of the arms rotation is based on procs like sudden death, and blood frenzy; having to crit alot and the mastery swing making Arms feel like it is about flailing your weapon and getting lucky.
    8.Q: What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A: There is just to much to choose from but my top 4 are Fix the charge jump glitch already, it's an exploit. Increase Mortal strike's healing reduction to at least 25% or more. Give us some kind of CC immunity besides Berserker rage. Last but most important is the rage generation mechanics are sloppy, I'm always drained when my target is at 10% or less.
    9.Q: What spells do you use the least?
    A: Definitely [Inner rage] I just can't afford to spend the extra rage on Heroic Strikes, and only a fool would use intercept as arms now.
    85 Tauren Warrior

PVE

Heroics/Raids/Heroic Raids/Videos of Paragon

Tanking is boring, this could be due to overgearing instances, but I don't remember TBC heroics ever being this easy, maybe there needs to be a heroic heroic, not for the weak, must be guild group!?

managing loads of cooldowns, watching my hp, avoiding the fire and dancing all at the same time, I want the raid to rely on me and expect me to be the absolute best, not just some guy who stands out front and gets hit.

getting swapped out for a paladin because of a raid cooldown

tank swap fights that involve very little ie normal mode ragnaros, heroics which go from being amazing to boring rollface after they get nerfed to the ground. charge > rend > tc all the way through a 30 minute instance is only so fun for so long...

does the job, it's better than dev dev ss rev anyway

A better buff other than stam/str, because I haven't been in a raid without a priest for years, as such I haven't used commanding shout in years, taken it off my bars I use it so little.

A raid cooldown that is good, rally cry is nice but does very little compared to a 20% dmg reduction from pallys

more interesting stats. eg mastery > * isn't very exciting to gear for.

disarm, since hardly any bosses can be disarmed and there's no point for most mobs anyway
    slam, since useless for arms pvp and useless in prot
    90 Human Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE but guild concerns tossed that to Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroics mostly now (guild reasons) but raided a lot prior to 4.2.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Random BG's and a few arenas for fun with friends.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    The complete lack of any ranged ability aside from select cooldowns. It seems every melee class got one in some form or another but I get to do ranged attacks for about 1-2k when im rooted in place or the mob flys or is in an air phase. All the librem classes have a MUCH better time at this then warriors.

The reason I made one originally in Vanilla was to buck the trend of "your class cant dps" and did this to great success from then through to BC. The finesse of rage management and threat management in BC raiding kept me hooked as well as having the ability to top meters if I get fed some BOPs. In wrath I played it because the thought of Dualwielding 2handed weapons seemed fun and new. Sadly it ended up the only raiding avenue. Now i play it out of obligation to the character I have had since day one.

Rage feels restrictive and the rotation feels slow and lethargic as fury. Especially when compared to the class in Burning Crusade. Arms feels similar to like it did in BC when raiding but feels a bit to proc heavy.
    The rage change. It may be good for the game but it always feels low. Endless rage being a lockout to any other CD is a bit restrictive.
    Another note is that haste is 100% useless for one spec and okay for another. The Time Warp cooldown is wasted when I am arms and just causes more rage when fury that ends up wasted.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    The arms rotation is tight to the point of feeling congested. Perhaps having a shorter GCD on Mortal Strike or Slam would help it greatly. The proc rate on Overpower procs through rend feels good but it needs some love. The up time on Wrecking Crew (fueled my MS cirts) needs to be addressed. Perhaps have the ability provide some additional crit chance to MS to help it. If asked to provide Sunder it is really difficult to apply it and the glyph slot used to maintain it makes it feel strange. IMO make the glyph apply a stack of Sunder when colossus smash is successful on the target. Another problem is that Mortal Strike is fairly weak hitting for a core ability.
    As TG Fury the rotation feels slow. The rotation is very set in stone. Slam procs from Blood Surge are a low priority so its not really set to add much variety. The up time of enrages can be user modified to be about 80% of a fight. It feels really sparse when not enraged.
    As Single-Minded Fury it is a bit quicker but the priority of raging blow and Slam are reversed. Slam procs take high priority and add a good bit of variety when they tend to happen but they are few and far between. It needs a bit of regulation. You can get them back to back or see 3 a fight.
    Overall for fury it feels a lot slower compared to Wrath and prior. The class in general feels dated compared to other classes. Slow play and set rotation that can get proc heavy with RNG dependency. For aoe it feels really weak. Cleave feels useless in most situations and Whirlwind needs some power. The cooldown reduction method is a nice touch on WW.

That haste was as useful for warriors as it is for say rogues or any caster. As it is it is our weakest stat by far. Having core abilities have a shorter cooldown or a lessened GCD based on haste would help.
    I would like to see is more ranged output. Make melee AP effect thrown weapon damage would be a good step for this. Another one would be have a low rage cost ranged attack.
    Against casters I would love to see some way to resist snare spam. With Heroic Leap not able to climb up a waist high hill it is impossible to catch a caster if they have the high ground. Downhill it is useful but still runs into pathing issues.
    That Warriors had a bit more of self sustainability in pvp with less reliance on having a healer strapped to out back.
    To see spell reflect not require a shield.
    Cleave hit unlimited targets like swipe.
    I didn't have to have at least 50 different macros for my warrior to perform in pvp.
    Piercing Howl would be made into a trainable.

I would have to say Heroic Leap. It fails a lot and cant work over hilly or uneven terrain that can easily be walked up or not even requiring the character to jump up to. I would like to see another version that is a mirror of hunter disengage that hops forward. Put it on the same CD as heroic leap.
    Cleave is another rarely used ability. A 2 target hit for a high rage cost feels pointless and doesn't help in aoe.

85 Orc Warrior

Both

Heroics, 10 and 25 man raids.

Arenas, and the occasional BG.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

-Macros are 100% required for some abilities in PvP.
    -Not being able to leap up ramps, or some slanted terrain.

-Zipping around the map really quickly.
    -Being able to connect to a target, maintain face time with it, and feel like im actually doing damage.
    -Defensive Stance, because it offers different and more defensive tools from battle stance.
    -TG for fury.

-Being constantly slowed and rooted. Warriors suffer from two terrible extremes of either being on their target nearly 100% of the time, or being kited nearly 100% of the time.
    -Misses completely making or breaking the fun factor for Fury in either pve or pvp.
    -[b]Macros are required for some abilities.

-Attacking heavily armored targets, and colossus smash. Attacking into a heavily armored target sucks hard, but CS has caused such a rollercoaster of nerfs and changes for PvP, I'd rather it just be removed by this point.
    -Warriors shouts feel underwhelming. As something that is advertised for an attraction point to the warrior class, the only interesting ones are Challenging Shout and Intimidating Shout, and challenging isnt even used in pvp.
    -Hamstring being 50%. Against the classes that can kite us the easiest, mages/death knights/rogues, they all have more potent slows, and can be applied at range.
    -Sweeping Strikes almost exclusively being used with Bladestorm.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

-In PvP, it feels fine, I just don't like that CS is so random and affects so much of your damage.
    -In PvE, for fury, I hate it. Its really random and erratic due to enrage RNG, slam procs, and missed hits. Raging Blow is the only thing I like about it, and only because it hits so hard. Having RNG determine when I get to use the "cool" ability sucks.

1. Have the situation of "2 extremes" be addressed for warriors in pvp. (Being either kited to death or having all clothies screaming imbalance while youre on them 100% of the time).
    2. No macro to use spell reflection for arms.
    3. Have shouts be interesting, like tremor totem, spirit link totem, or stoneclaw totem does for shamans.
    4. Have stances feel more potent and impactful, bring berserker stance back to arms pvp and make it feel great.
    5. Better ways to peel for, or protect our teammates. Like a buffed intervene or bring back the old Spell Reflection talent somewhere.
    6. Have Fury be viable in PvP, and make it feel great and different from arms.

In PvP;
    Taunt, Challenging Shout, Inner Rage, Heroic Throw and Berserker Stance arent even on my bars anymore. Heroic Strike mostly during deadly calm, sometimes outside of it when needed.

In PvE;
    As fury, whirlwind. As prot,Concussion Blow, Vigilance, Disarm.
    Edited by Caeser on 9/22/2011 2:24 PM PDT
    90 Orc Warrior
    I just wanted to add maybe give all horde classes bloodlust and alliance classes heroism. Tyvm.

none.

none.

Arenas.

Mortal Strike renewing the duration of rend. It is unneeded and can really mess up a fear.

Having both charge and intercept (REMOVE HEROIC LEAP), with a mortal strike that actually has a noticeable healing reduction debuff, with an overpower that you actually have to time to get the old WOTLK debuff on spell casters.

Skilless class. With the removal of stance dancing you guys really gimped the warrior class to be boring and uninteresting.

In PvP its awful, using whatever move is off cool-down is not fun, its very repetitive and is just uninteresting, not having to use your moves at the right time to make them effective is just boring.

My main wish would to add back stance dancing and intercept, with the removal of your worthless Heroic Leap, the only thing it is good for is getting out of smoke bombs, but that's what "Snarestorm" does it for me.

I use rend the least because for some reason Mortal Strike resets the duration of it, which makes no sense and I dislike it very much.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]