(Locked)

85 Human Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena, BGs, Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Heroic Leap is still fairly buggy, you've made some improvements on it, but not many, Also not having intercept and having a 25sec CD on Spell Reflect.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Hitting people as much as possible, for as long as possible.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Dying without getting more than a handful of hits off.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I don't mind it too much, in PvP i do feel there still is a rotation to optimize my damage. And i feel like maybe this can be addressed easily by making Slaughter stack easier, or maybe for some warriors have it apply to Heroic Strike aswell. Maybe have it stack with, Heroic strike even. or Overpower. Or just something else other than Mortal Strike.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

More mobility or atleast some better defense vs. casters. 25sec CD with spell reflect makes it more difficult to use, maybe a 15sec or 12sec cd would be more reasonable rather than 25.

What spells do you use the least?

I rarely use inner face, and heroic strike to be completely honest. I use heroic strike in very critical circumstances. Only do i use it if im having an extra amount of rage i just cant seem to dump. And/or when im deadly calmed.
90 Orc Warrior
PvE exclusively - Fury warrior and Tank

Heroics, Raids, Soloing old content, questing (specifically lore).

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Heroic Leap only working on flat surfaces.
-Shouts on the GCD.
-Demorilizing shout not worked into another ability, having to waste a GCD on it.
-Chained misses and rage starvation.
-Being forced into gear itemized for haste and mastery.

-The mobility that comes with charge, intercept and Heroic Fury
-The ability to fill multiple rolls, tank and dps.
-Having the tools to pull some serious dps.

-Forced to spec a certain way to pvp effectively.
-Getting rage starved from miss streaks.
-having useful clinch time abilities like hamstring, shattering throw, intervene and not being able to use them right when needed (having them locked to a certain stance).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Fury - I enjoy my rotation for fury, its easy and lets me focus on whats going on in raid.

Protection - With the tanking threat change now rotation doesn't matter really for protection, but there are a lot of abilities and the rotation feels very clunky and cluttered at times.

-Demozilising shout fixed into another ability like heroic strike or a base dps or tanking ability.
-Heroic leap working whenever I press it.
-Shouts off the GCD

Inner Rage - There just isn't a use for it.
Intervene - takes too long to switch stances and use in a pinch.
Shattering Throw - Have to change stances, I loose dps and rage.
85 Orc Warrior
All i got to say is that if these are the voices that inspire possible change to better the class than we are screwed. from some of the posts i read, i wonder if some of you even play a warrior.
85 Worgen Warrior

Both, but more heavily on the PVP side.

Heroics/Other

Everything! Although Rated BGs are more difficult getting together.

Not having to stance dance to use disarm would be cool, although I understand the logic behind it.

Having a Heroic Leap skill that can actually leap onto hills, or higher terrain.

Cool looking gear and cool looking animation is always a plus as well.

Consistent bugs with skill mechanics.

1.) Heroic leap feels like it works 10% of the time, which makes it largely worthless.
2.) When targeted players jump during a charge, they still fall away from where they were initially, while your stuck chasing after them.

I've always enjoyed PVE rotation in all specs.

Arms is fine for PVP, although I feel rage starved for fury.

1.) Heroic leap fixed so that you only get errors in the very extreme circumstances.
2.) Healing debuff on mortal strike again would be nice.
-or I'd be cool with having a skill such as furious attacks be lower in the fury tree or better yet, in the arms tree
-or make fury more rage sustainable in pvp situations, by maybe decreasing the shout CD or something?

85 Human Warrior
I think we are doing pretty good atm thanks.
85 Orc Warrior
PVE -
Do not mess with prot. There maybe reason to nit pick at Heroic Raiding lvl due to encounter design or whatever, but overall its the most balanced thing in the the game.

Fury - As a casual I would say its really hard to wait for rage during trash pulls through heroics like za/zg most trash are dead before I have enough rage to do anything other than auto attack.

PVP-
Heroic Leap is just about worthless in bgs (path not avail) on anything other than flat surfaces. I can see the inherant prob with removing whatever restriction is on it to avoid us being able to do unintended things.

Berserkerstance - Make this something I want to use! As it stands I haven't used this stance in pvp at all, it has no benefit. This brings me to.....

Class in general - This class is losing or has already lost the aspects that appealed to most of us that have been playing them for along time. We need to be able to choose between stances, right now the choice isn't ours.
Give us back intercpt its really painful without it.
Spell reflect - Is worthless spell flingers don't even care if I reflect their burst with the absorbs they have it makes it a non factor.

In summary - PVE is fun Prot Warrior is the most complete spec in the game. Fury again fun well rounded spec, suffers from rage issues at non-raiding ilvl (we are still the carborator using class playing with all fuel injected classes)PVP, horrible one trick pony, so little choices to make, not fun, out burst something or die no inbetween no out playing any other class.

P.S. Make Berserker give ww a infected wounds effect so i want to us it.
Both

All

All

• Sometime can Heroic Leap, impossible to do up hills. Enraged Regeneration is great but at a cost of recklessness when you want it. Warrior signature Mortal Strike, healing effects received reduced down to 10% is a joke.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • Can carry 2-hand weapons or a shield and can tank. The charges always fun.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Getting CC after CC after CC etc. etc. by a mage or a druid. Come on! How many times can a warrior get cc or immobilized ? It's endless... The word Warrior sound so unstoppable except in the World of Warcraft. Equally skills, Warrior 1 on 1 with a frost mage? Laughable, might as well give the mage a spell call "Dummy Target". On another note, when a warrior charges a mage the mage just Blink it out even when I applied a Throwdown a split second after my charge stun. The mage's Blink is illogical and ridiculously OP. In PvP, mages are so OP over warriors and so is dk blood. And lastly, Warrior signature Mortal Strike being nerf-ed to 10% what's the fun in that? None what so ever... it actually made me hate playing the warrior class even more.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • Shared GCD kinda suck but not a real issue.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    1) Please bring back the Warrior signature Mortal Strike when it used to have 50% healing reduction effect.
    2) At 31 points, Bladestorm could use an un-nerfing or rename it to "Root Remover".
    3) Bring back the charge and intercept without having to share GCD. Would make all warriors happy again and enjoy playing more.
    4) When a warrior charges and any foes/enemies stand in it path would get knock off their feet. Much like the shaman's "Earthquake" spell.
    5) Would be nice to have a magic shield like a frost mage or a dk.

• What that strike call? Oh it called the "Strike" I used it at level 1 and that was it. The "Shattering Throw" very questionable.
  • Edited by Archillie on 9/24/2011 7:24 PM PDT
    90 Orc Warrior
    -What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I focus on pvp arena

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    My biggest quality of life issue is the amount of uniqueness I bring to an arena team. When mortal strike was adjusted down to 10% this expansion, warriors lost the utility they brought to an arena team, leaving them with only high damage. At the start of the expansion we had massive damage from colossal smash, and massive damage is what warriors brought to an arena team, while partners brought the control. However, due to such high damage colossal smash has been changed, leaving warriors with only mediocre damage and nothing unique to bring to an arena team. In their current state, it seems warriors we will only ever have over the top damage making us very powerful, or mediocre damage making us second rate partners for an arena team. It feels like we either need an ability to make us something more than damage bots, or a balanced amount of damage ahead of other classes.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
    I love the ability to charge, always have.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
    Being replaced by "better" classes in an arena team because they are more usefull.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Slam ability is annoying to use in pvp, not because it is difficult to use, I just that I would rather play a range class if I want to cast abilities.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Intercept back for arm tree because I love charging stuff. But... if it is not meant to be I can always play protection if I want two charges.

-What spells do you use the least?
    berserker stance + whirlwind, but I am quit satisfied over never having to use berserker stance as arms.
    90 Troll Warrior

PvE

All

BG's

There aren't any special perks for warriors like there are for other classes, even flavorful non combat abilities. Pickpocket, lockpick, feign death, flare, portals, ankhs, flight form, totems, cookies, summoning demon-tv, water breathing, water walking, and on and on and on. What about being able to repair anywhere while not in combat. I remember that from diablo a long time ago, wasn't game breaking or anything, but kindof cool. I'm thinking small, unbroken, completely fair class abilities that are very "Warrior" styled. It would be even better if they were specifically not useable in combat, and it would be INCREDIBLE if they were abilities that could benefit others, say (again) repairing someone else's armor. Thank you for the portal to dalaran mage friend, here, allow me to fix your armor....god that would be fun.

Honestly, having consistantly being given the most righteously kick-!@#$ (looking) armor sets in the game is a huge plus. Thank you for that, I love looking like a warrior (would appreciate being able to display boots on a tauren/troll/draeni as an option). I love our mobility, I love charging around and then intercepting and leaping and then intervening back, pulling that off is both eye catching and entertaining. Titan's grip...thank you, just, thank you. I love fury feeling like a living blender on trash. Even moreso than arms does with bladestorm.
    Edited by Bridgelurker on 9/23/2011 6:57 PM PDT
    90 Troll Warrior

Stance dancing macro's. I couldn't possibly imagne an unexperienced player enjoying the warrior class. You have to be both situationally aware at all times AND a low level computer programmer to use all of your class abilities, it's dated and cumbersome. The main reason I pvp on my deathknight and not my favorite class (warrior) is because my deathknight is everything I wanted my warrior to have in pvp. I have Charge, Intercept, heroic leap, added to that is hamstring and piercing howl, you would think the warrior unstoppable in his/her pursuit. In practice, my warrior is very, very much stoppable. My experience at all levels of PvP, has been either temporary harrassment of a ranged class, until kite - death, or death before applying 20% damage to the target, if I even reach said target. I do not suck at pvp, I'm quite talented as a deathknight who can push and pursue with relative ease, where as charging usually leaves me where my enemy was 2 seconds ago. Rage opening a fight - I do not like having buttons to push, decisions to make, and not having the rage available to make those decisions at the very start of a fight. I don't feel hindered in the same manner on any other class.

I feel completely happy as prot. Fury is a bit hit or miss. I kindof like that there's some random elements to what's going on, mixes things up and keeps a long bossifght interesting, or moreso than my hunter or other class. What I don't like, is when the cooldowns from raging blow and slam are available, and pushing one often times means missing use of the other. I only have a few buttons to push on most bossfights anyway, so when those few buttons go missed, it really sucks.
    90 Troll Warrior

I want victory rush to be a HoT. I remember having death wish, recklessness, AND berserker rage break and grant fear immunity. I'm sure warlocks and spriests hated it in pvp, but I truly miss being able to call my warrior "fearless". If it's fair for frost mages to keep warriors immobilized ad nauseum, I think it's fair that a fearless warrior could once again feast on warlocks or shadow priests. Heroic throw should be a rage dump for dps, much in the same way that death coil is a runic dump for dk's, practically the same ability. Finally, when are warriors ever going to get some kind of crowd control that isn't taunt-block with your own face-die?

Shattering Throw. First of all, it's in another stance, which is dated and fairly lame (just make stances like hunter aspects or death knight aura's, problem solved) Now, even if you fixed the archaic warrior stance issues, and heroic throw were always available, it would only be marginally attractive to reduce armor on a target. Third, it has a cast bar, which is very un-warrior, the thing has a long cooldown already. As is, I know of mage ice block, and palladin/priest bubbles that can be broken. What about PvE uses? There have been tons of boss, and even trash fights where something goes invincible, or bubbles, and I cannot break it with heroic throw. I can understand that for mechanic reasons you don't want every single immune broken in the game by warriors, it would destroy certain boss mechanics. But the fact that I've tried to shatter immunities on countless different mobs only to have it fail, is dissapointing for a PvE player. Also, if there were some kind of animation for a broken bubble or iceblock from shattering throw, I bet it would get used %100 more often by fury warriors.

Thank you for listening.
    90 Gnome Warrior
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE, some PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    All

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    [fury] rage generation
    [prot] rage generation while not tanking

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    [prot] the mobility
    [prot] the cooldowns and how they manage to remain unique compared to the other tanks
    [fury] titan's grip

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    Having little to no raid utility
    Rage starvation
    When a target dies, auto attack stops. Continued dps on a nearby target must be done explicitly as I often have no rage left

# How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    [prot] rotation feels slow, much slower than it was in Wrath
    [prot] don't like the gaps in the rotation when you can only devistate
    [fury] aoe is awkward feeling compared to other classes. Shorter cd and hit for less accordingly would feel better
    [fury] instant slam also feels weird like it wants to be channeled but remembers it's supposed to be instant
    [fury/arms] slam being a channeled ability is just wrong. Making it always instant but only usable on a proc would be better.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    add true raid utility
    adjustment to rage generation on melee attack
    [fury] threat adjustment

# What spells do you use the least?
    Heroic fury - burns though rage so fast that it never feels worth using
    85 Human Warrior
    PvP

All of the above.

When it comes to warrior pvp, its a constant game of pursuit, no matter what class i fight. There is absolutely no way as a warrior to have a say in where the fight moves around. Which brings me to the bigger point which has been mentioned before, MOBILITY. the above poster pretty much summed up this issue. Warriors are too easily controlled by simple snares and chills. The solution, although a 2-parter, is simple. A.) fix heroic leap's general buggyness (when used on slight inclines). B.) Put Heroic Leap on a shorter cooldown so a warrior would be able to alternate between Leap and Charge/Intercept.

When i get close enough to my target to use my abilities.

Frost Mages.

Works Fine for me.

An ability that works like Inner Rage, but rather than your heroic strike/cleave cooldown, it shortens your charge/intervene cooldown.

Inner Rage
    90 Human Warrior

PvP

All

Arenas

Having to cast hamstring, not getting rage against absorb abilities, hard to keep up slaughter due to perma cc.

Charging, spell reflect when it wasn't 25 sec.

Getting chain cc, enemies jumping out of range from charge stuns while you're perma snared, facing pretty much every other class in the game for it feels, like their abilities are made to counter warriors.

It's good

I would like to be able to play my class in PvP cc is just to ridiculous on warriors, it feels like your team has to play in a way that frees the warrior for the warrior to do anything. It's very hard to do from pressure and cc on the team.

Heroic leap since I "have no path." I try to use it a lot.
    90 Orc Warrior
    PvE PvP.
    Raiding, heroic.
    Arenas, and RBGS

Shouts being on a GCD is a real killer in dps rotations, and it has become even more of a killer with our new 2 piece as dps, I do not think it was well thought out enough.

Well I have always enjoyed being a melee type of class, carrying big swords into the fight and tearing things up has always felt like the most fun thing to do on a warrior class. Intercepting, charging, intervening really is part of the main flavor to this class as well.

Heroic leap, so many times in a bg, arena, and raids. Having this move not work when it can be so crucial to what can happen next, and not having it go off 5 times in a row because of 1 little terrain issue really irks me.

As far as fury right now, the rotation feels rng, sometimes there are points in fights where I am gaining so much rage I am having to burn it off to stay uncapped, then there are points where I sit there for 10 seconds doing nothing when white hits and crits do not trigger, it is so frustrating when this happens. Again as I said before Shout GCD, really annoying.

I am not asking for a dps increase or anything, what I would like to see is stability and less RNG and a more solid rotation instead of a rng rotation where I have to pray for a white hit, or pray for enrage to just randomly proc.

Also as prot one of the things that has made the class less fun prot wise. You took out a lot from the game for all tank classes in general by just doing a modded 500% threat increase across the board, tanks don't have to be active at all to really hold threat in the first 10 seconds I am 1 million threat over any body, it is a little absurd. I think one of the biggest issues with tanks and a lack of tanks right now is blizzard takes away the challenge and fun of tanking, I think there could have been way better steps to approach tanking in general to make it feel better and to make it feel more"I am an active contributing player in being more then just a meat shield"

As I said before, it is spiky and all over the place, I think relooking at rage normalization would be the best thing to do for both specs.

My wish list for Fury. as said before. For prot, and tanking classes in general, my wish list is to maybe see hit and expertise stats make a come back to the passive parts of a tanking tree.

If tanks had more expertise and hit like stats in some parts of our spec or passive in the prot tree, and if you actually tuned vengeance correctly to not be OP in pvp in any form, you could really make tanking fun again for all classes in general. I am not saying make us a pure dps class, but consider making us strong enough in PVE that with our own raiders we can help contribute a good bit of damage with out the need of wearing half a dps set to actually hit a boss. and do considerable damage it would make tank classes look more appealing and people would be a little more excited to play them(Also I am talking mainly on single target dps, not our 30k aoe :P) It would also take out a lot of frustrating things like having to burn 3 GCDS on demo shout, or having to burn 2 or 3 GCDs on applying rend.

You also could get rid of these ridiculous threat modifers, if classes could hit there target and not need a threat set, it would help threat go a long way into being able to make it so high threat and beating out a dpses threat is very possible and easily do able, so long as you the player has an active up time and are always doing something to build threat. Having bad threat was mostly due to all these misses, parries , dodges at the start of a fight, after about 15 seconds it was okay when we got high vengeance, again I do not think the slap on band aid was the right approach to fix tanking and to get people to tank.

I use a lot of my utility in most cases, I would like to be able to use inner rage more as fury but it is to RNG as of now depending on the fight. I rarely use shattering throw, considering I would have to stance dance to use it, I would like to be able to use it more even as prot to contribute to the raid with out getting my self killed or wast a few seconds doing nothing but standing there. Taking out the cast time in some way would be really great PVE wise for this.
    Edited by Jackjagalos on 9/24/2011 1:02 PM PDT
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    By request i am going to put this here from my other post:
    *Edited*
    Pardon, need to clear up a thing or two:
    Fury Only and looking for it to be a debuff or on command.

Lung Collapse:

Causes enemy spells and abilities to cost 25/50/75/100% (Doesn't matter) more mana/Rage/Energy/Focus, lasts 10 seconds.

*Designed for PvP, can be attatched to furious attacks or titan's grip
    *Can be a proc much like Furious attacks so it is not up 100% of the time OR can be a On-Command spell for strategic use. Picture a reverse Deadly Calm

adds a bit of utility to drain the enemies resource giving fury a very unique position on the battlefield.
    Edited by Lìghtmourn on 9/24/2011 10:24 PM PDT

PvP

N/A

All of them

N/A

Mobility/control/damage

Lack of viability versus healers and certain non-counter classes. Being kited for minutes, being hit for a million by every offensive class with no way to properly mitigate burst damage and consistent high-pressure situations. Non-consistent damage mitigation, as well.

N/A, don't PVE.

Raging Blow being removed from War Academy and Bloodthirst being added. This would balance out Titan's Grip and SMF. Slight reduction of Spell Reflect cooldown. (20 seconds instead of 25). I'd also like for Furious Attacks/Mortal Strike's healing reduction to be put to 20%. 20% to 30% spell damage reduction from Die By The Sword (Fury tree), because the talent is currently useless against spell casters. Shield Wall cooldown reduced for good, more consistent damage mitigation. It's currently five minutes, while other classes have more effective versions of this, on much less of a cooldown. They only sacrificing a small percentage of mitigation for it, thus making their damage reduction more consistent.

Raging Blow
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]