Class Feedback – Warrior

(Locked)

85 Orc Warrior
What type of content do you focus on?
Mostly PvP, but I PUG raids here and there.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

-Unless I'm prot spec, I am the most dependent class in the game in Arena and BG. I have very few options for defending against kiting and crowd control.
-Speaking of crowd control, one of our DPS specs could sure use one. And no, Improved Hamstring and Glyphed Intimidating Shout doesn't count (I wouldn't mind replacing one of those either). We need something to force an opponent to use their trinket, like they do to us.
-Mastery for Arms spec is highly underwhelming and doesn't do much justice with our damage. And I don't even want to hear an arguement for it in the raiding scene - Arms spec isn't as useful for raiding compared to Fury to begin with.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The idea that I'm an ironclad juggernaut and a master of melee combat. I don't rely on magic, elements, pets, or anything else besides my weapon. I'm a mortal, and yet I can challenge anything with my battlefield wits and valor.

What makes playing your class less fun?
-Nerfing Arms damage and skills without compensating it with additional utility.
-Being disarmed while Bladestorming. That's just ridiculous
-Being reliant on other classes, regardless of spec.
-Heroic Leap has very few uses outside of resetting for a charge and avoiding traps.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
No complaints here. Although I understand Heroic Strike is a rage dump, it needs to hit harder or have some kind of use for the ridiculous rage cost. I almost have to completely avoid using it to not get rage starved.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Overhaul of certain Arms and Fury tree talents. Make Arms PvP centered and Fury PvE centered. Or vice versa - just give us a truly dedicated PvP tree with the talents that reflect it.
-Take Intercept off the same cooldown as Charge for the Juggernaut talent. Nerf anything else to balance it, but don't take away the mobility that we are known for.
-Take damage off of Heroic Leap, and instead allow it to apply a debuff of some kind to its AoE. Or better: Allow the Juggernaut talent to enable the use of Heroic Leap to break out of CCs.
-Make mastery for Arms something more useful. Here's some ideas:

-grants bonus melee damage ignoring mitigation, dodge or parry
-current mastery bonus, plus percentage of attack power as damage
-chance to parry and return damage back to melee classes (requires to stand in front)

What spells do you use the least?
-Whirlwind. Even in Fury spec this spell seems useless.
-Heroic Strike. I actually tend to avoid using it.
90 Human Warrior
Arguably the best post in this thread, I think a way of them fixing our mobility is to refresh charge every time we get snared ( not break the snare) but reset the cooldown.

@ Xonkk on page 4
Edited by Bakebeans on 10/6/2011 3:24 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Concerning the "new"(already used for pummel) animations for slam and colossus smash, only use it for colossus smash, I mean, I use slam all the time, and that animation would just break my expectations on transmoggin my mace into the world's destroyer, shattering my memories from burning crusade as ret :(
[quote="31732622553"]What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

If PvE, what type of PvE?
No.
If PvP, what type of PvP?
currently doing Some Rbgs and 2s, but mainly 3s

no.
warrior. Enough said.

My root breaking ability has 1.5min cd

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
its fine

Avatar from wc3 instead of recklessness.

BERSERKER STANCE LOL, intercept for obvious reasons and all pve skills.
For PVP... well Idk , maybe thunderclap+ demo shout but thats still useful in some situations.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
---

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas.

Inconsistency with gap-closers. Mainly Charge being jumped and Heroic Leap not being 100% reliable. Also a huge nuisance, when one decides to race change from, lets say, Human to Orc after having acquired a weapon based on prior expertise racials - one is then stuck with the incorrect weapon.

Stance dancing.

Cramming everything into one stance. Takes the flavor out of the class.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Just fine. However, the amount Throwdown gets parried/dodged is quite annoying.

Improvement of gap-closers.
Stance dancing.
Removing of Heroic Leap in return for Intercept. Tweak both Charge and intercept so that they are not as overpowered in the mobility department as they used to be.

Cleave, Sunder Armor, Revenge.
Hello, i do PVP, still cant beat a frost mage, rougues are really hard, dismantle hurts alot.
90 Orc Warrior
Both during early content of an expansion because PvP gear is easy to obtain, then PvE as my heroic dungeon gear improves.

Heroics and dailys. I'm looking foreward to the LFR feature in 4.3.

Tol Barad and Wintergrasp were the PvP areas of chioce. I've played in a few battlegrounds but arenas hold no interest for me.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
In dungeons I'm constantly rage starved. The entire rage mechanic needs to be reworked for the next expansion. An aggro dump would also be kinda nice.

Best class ever!

Stance dancing, I feel that each talent tree should place you in the proper stance: arms - battle, fury - berseker, and protection - defensive. With this Colossus Smash should be limited to fury because of the great dual wield animation, so to make it even for arms warriors give them something with a spin move animation.

I'm not efficient! On longer fights I seem to be button mashing based on my cooldowns. No matter which class I'm playing.

An Aggro dump, even one with a 10 min cooldown to give it more of an emergency feature than a take for granted ability would be a big help. The single stance per talent tree that I mentioned above. The spin move for arms would look really great.

Any ability that's not available in my stance, berserker for fury, and battle for arms. I don't tank.
90 Draenei Warrior
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Dungeons, no way to raid at this time

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's, can't get into rated bgs and have done 12 arenas, lost all

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Lack of rage, Severly reduced damage, extreme vulnerability to casters

•What makes playing your class more fun?
right now, nothing

•What makes playing your class less fun?
Getting owned by mages, shammies, druids, pallies, DK's

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It blows. I have had to change from Fury to Arms and back and forth depending on the updates. Protect is nice and simple, but as a Tank I am inferior to Druids

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
To be a viable PVP class and PVE class again. I have been kicked from dungeon groups because my dps is too low compared to casters and dks. Rage takes too long to build. In WoLK, before some of the last nerfs, it was easy to gain rage and do significant damage. Now it is nearly impossible. Also, warriors should be able to take damage right? I have been destroyed by mages, Druids in feral form, and even priests. At one point in time, the casters had less hps and defenses so it balanced the power, not any more. Warriors are dead last in the pvp arena unless they have a pet healer. My wish? Either up the dps significantly or improve our defenses especially against casters, like the dks.

•What spells do you use the least?
2 Dwarf Paladin
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PVP

n/a

Includes all
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My rotation... Particularly Slam and Mortal Strike.
Slam being our hardest hitting ability doesn't feel right. There's not enough time in PVP where i have to wait .5 seconds for a Slam.(Will explain more)
And Execute is too expensive more just barely topping Overpower critical Damage.

I think most warriors can agree upon having intercept as being more fun.

No class likes being controlled, but i think what we mean is having low mobility, and thus, sitting in roots is not fun as a pure melee class with low survivability. Yes, i said we're a pure class. Sword and board sucks. and so does shield wall, therefore, we're a pure damage class, having plate isn't an excuse to classify us warriors as a hybrid. What are be a hybrid of? Definitely not prot.

That said, being a pure melee class(arms) sitting in roots is unacceptable even with DR. Do you expect us to use Bladestorm, our 31 point talent? shouldn't we be using that for damage? Intercept wasn't that hard on casters.

Arms Rotation...
I don't think other warriors look into this like i do, but...
Colossus smash is a big problem in our DPS. Arms DPS rotation is: Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam.

Colossus Smash:When you add in colossus smash in there, it interrupts the regular rotation damage for a bland 150% weapon damage, instead of a Slam, or a Crit from Overpower. When you replace Slam, Overpower, or Mortal Strike with Colossus Smash, you do less damage, (keep reading)

Now, this isn't that bad because the next four abilities are increased by 25% (on plate), this means you have to fit two Overpowers, a Mortal Strike, and a Slam to get the most damage out of it. Unfortunately, if you do the math, the 150% from CS (Instead of a Slam(239% weapon damage)) will just barely have more damage done than if you were to SLAM instead of CS, barely. I think it was like an equivalent of an extra 150% worth of weapon damage more when you Colossus smash.
Mortal Strike and Slam: Mortal Strike being second in damage doesn't feel right. Slam in PVP doesn't feel right. the .5 seconds even while running is avoidable because of out of range and getting behind us.

In short: CS's damage just barely causes a damage increase in PVP.
Mortal Strike would be cool if it were our hardest hitting ability.

Fixing our rotation, i think the solution would be to:
  • Increase damage of Mortal Strike. Making Mortal Strike our Hardest hitting ability would be awesome, because let's face it. No melee likes to cast anything. Ever. If we made MS our hardest hitting ability, that should make Slam hit slightly lower than MS.

• Increasing Armor Pen of Colossus smash, honestly, half armor pen isn't enough, and that number seemed to fast to turn to when you unnerfed it for PVE. Make it about 75% for pvp.

Slam, because of it's susceptibility to avoidance, and im talking about it getting out of range, enemy circling you (I'm a keybinder with a Razer naga, and it's still a problem)

Sunder Armor, Demoralizing shout, and Execute.
    Edited by Agann on 10/8/2011 1:30 PM PDT
    85 Orc Warrior
    PVP, RBGs 2k, Arenas 2.2k

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters

I have a couple concerns regarding warrior PVP: Mobility, heroic leap, and charge being among the few.

Mobility- Warriors atm have very limited mobility. With the nerf to Spell Reflect and intercept, it is very difficult to catch up (and stay on) a target. Also, having to waste a GCD on hamstring is very annoying, when it is a passive ability for other classes (ex) rogues. When it comes to the heroic leap ability, it can be one of the most effective moves, however it is easily glitched by even the smallest of rocks in my way, and is NOT the answer to warrior mobility. Unless you magically land on top of the target everytime, it can often be wasted. Maybe the move should add a 50% slow to all targets effected by the area the warrior lands. This way even if we dont land exactly on top of the target we can still catch up.

Another move that annoys me is Charge. This is our main ability to catch targets. However, most of my charges get "jumped" and i find myself frantically trying to catch up. Hopefully a 2 second speed increase could stop this problem.

Spell Reflect being on 25 sec CD makes the move almost useless now. I know it was overpowered on the prot side, but make a talent for it in the Arms tree. This way we atleast have some way to defend ourselves against casters.

Mortal strike at 10% makes me sad. Hopefully you guys can see this was the move that made arms warriors who we are! Put it back to 30% and I will be very happy :)

I have had a warrior since vanilla and have seen the ups and downs. To answer the Q:
    Being able to stance dance into whatever stance needed at the current time was just awesome. I feel like now i hardly ever do the stance dance! Being able to charge and intercept made for great fights and warriors were able to get onto a target instead of being kited all day. Chasing targets around is the most annoying thing.

Overall for me, having some mobility, seeing big crits, and being useful in Arenas made me pick being a warrior as my main.

Lack of Mobility! I charge a target, OH Wait he jumps it and I am still not on him. What to do now? Hamstring... or in other words waste a GCD while being kited. IF all else fails heroic leap! OH crap " You can not use that here". By this time im already getting low on health and can only Spell Reflect every 25 seconds.

I have been playing arenas for awhile, and nothing hurts me more than bearly getting to 2200, and feeling like I add nothing to the team. Unless somebody is dispelling me all day, I sit there and get beat on my casters. I have been replaced by feral druids, dk's and it just gets annoying, because warriors used to be very useful. Bring them back to there old glory!

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)[/b
    Good work Blizz! Love warrior rotation (Arms PVP)

[b]What’s on your wish list for your class?

I know all these changes won't be made, but here are some suggestions from somebody who has played a warrior from Vanilla until now.

Charge/intercept off GCD: provides warrior with SOME mobility and for us to be in berserker stance for some time.

Spell Reflect down from 25: This move is very critical to survival for warrior.( IF used right) This move could tell me if a warrior was good or bad. But now its almost obsolete. Provide some way in Arms tree for Reduced Cd.

Charge- add speed bonus immediately after usage. I get "jumped" to often. This would allow for warriors to catch up.

Hamstring- Flip flop it. Everytime a warrior uses it the target is stuck for 3 seconds. And then have Imp hamstring which will slow him for sometime after that.

Colossus Smash- Put it back to how it originally was.

Bladestorm- I use as snare breaker. Its damage is very weak. Maybe increase the damage or replace it and of arms tree with something better (Spell Reflect)

Mortal Strike- is silly at 10%. This USED to be the arms warrior move that seperated us from different classes and from fury warriors. Please put back to 30%!

Overall, not have warriors being dependent on other classes. Getting whispers from your arena teammates saying "sorry man we are gonna try a feral druid, your class is not very good right now, but dont worry we will wait for you to collect your 2200 gear." I just hope to see warriors become more competitive within the PVP world.

85 Orc Warrior
    PVP, RBGs 2k, Arenas 2.2k

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters

I have a couple concerns regarding warrior PVP: Mobility, heroic leap, and charge being among the few.

Mobility- Warriors atm have very limited mobility. With the nerf to Spell Reflect and intercept, it is very difficult to catch up (and stay on) a target. Also, having to waste a GCD on hamstring is very annoying, when it is a passive ability for other classes (ex) rogues. When it comes to the heroic leap ability, it can be one of the most effective moves, however it is easily glitched by even the smallest of rocks in my way, and is NOT the answer to warrior mobility. Unless you magically land on top of the target everytime, it can often be wasted. Maybe the move should add a 50% slow to all targets effected by the area the warrior lands. This way even if we dont land exactly on top of the target we can still catch up.

Another move that annoys me is Charge. This is our main ability to catch targets. However, most of my charges get "jumped" and i find myself frantically trying to catch up. Hopefully a 2 second speed increase could stop this problem.

Spell Reflect being on 25 sec CD makes the move almost useless now. I know it was overpowered on the prot side, but make a talent for it in the Arms tree. This way we atleast have some way to defend ourselves against casters.

Mortal strike at 10% makes me sad. Hopefully you guys can see this was the move that made arms warriors who we are! Put it back to 30% and I will be very happy :)

I have had a warrior since vanilla and have seen the ups and downs. To answer the Q:
    Being able to stance dance into whatever stance needed at the current time was just awesome. I feel like now i hardly ever do the stance dance! Being able to charge and intercept made for great fights and warriors were able to get onto a target instead of being kited all day. Chasing targets around is the most annoying thing.

Overall for me, having some mobility, seeing big crits, and being useful in Arenas made me pick being a warrior as my main.

Lack of Mobility! I charge a target, OH Wait he jumps it and I am still not on him. What to do now? Hamstring... or in other words waste a GCD while being kited. IF all else fails heroic leap! OH crap " You can not use that here". By this time im already getting low on health and can only Spell Reflect every 25 seconds.

I have been playing arenas for awhile, and nothing hurts me more than bearly getting to 2200, and feeling like I add nothing to the team. Unless somebody is dispelling me all day, I sit there and get beat on my casters. I have been replaced by feral druids, dk's and it just gets annoying, because warriors used to be very useful. Bring them back to there old glory!

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)[/b
    Good work Blizz! Love warrior rotation (Arms PVP)

[b]What’s on your wish list for your class?

I know all these changes won't be made, but here are some suggestions from somebody who has played a warrior from Vanilla until now.

Charge/intercept off GCD: provides warrior with SOME mobility and for us to be in berserker stance for some time.

Spell Reflect down from 25: This move is very critical to survival for warrior.( IF used right) This move could tell me if a warrior was good or bad. But now its almost obsolete. Provide some way in Arms tree for Reduced Cd.

Charge- add speed bonus immediately after usage. I get "jumped" to often. This would allow for warriors to catch up.

Hamstring- Flip flop it. Everytime a warrior uses it the target is stuck for 3 seconds. And then have Imp hamstring which will slow him for sometime after that.

Colossus Smash- Put it back to how it originally was.

Bladestorm- I use as snare breaker. Its damage is very weak. Maybe increase the damage or replace it and of arms tree with something better (Spell Reflect)

Mortal Strike- is silly at 10%. This USED to be the arms warrior move that seperated us from different classes and from fury warriors. Please put back to 30%!

Overall, not have warriors being dependent on other classes. Getting whispers from your arena teammates saying "sorry man we are gonna try a feral druid, your class is not very good right now, but dont worry we will wait for you to collect your 2200 gear." I just hope to see warriors become more competitive within the PVP world.

85 Human Warrior
    *Type of content* Both
    *PVE Content* Raids
    *PVP Content* BG's
    *Quality of life issues* None at this monet really

*What makes my class more fun* I like how when I have a good healer I do not die, I also enjoy just being a warrior.

*What makes my class less fun to play* Fighting a mage kills me. My gear isnt the best but it's not the worst and im getting slapped with 20k crits by mages almost constantly even over my resil rating. Being CC'ed to death is really annoying anymore. I spend literally 80% of the time moving at 40% speed or not at all. My damage feels lack luster but I'm prot so I'm not expecting much really.

*How do I feel about my rotation* It's fine so far.

*My wishlist*
    I really wish I could use Shattering throw on the move with the current cast time.
    I wish Spell reflects Cooldown was shortened to 15 seconds.
    A free class specific mount at the appropriate level.
    Bladestorm would no longer be disarmable. It is an end tree talent so it's supposed to be powerful, not a wet noodle slap.

*Spells I use the least*
    I dont use Heroic strike for pvp cause I am prot for pvp but I use it in pve for a rage dump.
    Strike for obvious reasons. (it's a good filler from 5-10 thats all)
    Slam (cause im prot and it takes to long to cast and cant be done on the move unless you are specced for it)
    Thunder clap. And thats really only because it doesnt seem to work since I never see a difference in the enemies attack speed

Well thats all I got for now.
    90 Tauren Warrior
    PvE raiding, currently FL and working on heroic modes.

Not enough shields drop in the end-game instances for tanks. I wish there was more than one boss that dropped a viable current-tier shield.. waiting 9 weeks for Baleroc to finally drop the Shard of Torment was really demoralizing.

Charge. Intercept. Intervene. Heroic Leap. Everything about being a warrior.

Rallying Cry and Last Stand sharing a cooldown. It sucks to have two abilities that do similar things as it is, but them sharing a cooldown is murder.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    No complaints.

MOAR SHIELD-DROPPING BOSSES!

Spell reflect in raids. Fun for heroics, but not much application in raids.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE raiding.

Drop rate for tank gear bugs me a little, but it's nice to have RNG for loot. Spell Reflect is nearly worthless in PvE for anything.

The whole concept of charging (be it any ability - charge, intercept, etc.) and leaping. Seems to be the only class that still pays homage to swords and shields, rather than magic and wizardry.

Fury spec - lack of a real interactive rotation. Feels to stiff and not much fun.

How do you feel about your "rotation"?
    Protection - It's pretty good.
    Fury - As said above, it's not very interactive, and it feels very stiff. Perhaps a slight reduction/tweak in the amount of damage increase while Enraged with a higher chance of getting Enraged? A reduction/tweak in the damage done by Raging Blow would have to be done to compensate and not become too powerful/easily exploited. Just a thought.

What's on your wish list for your class?
    The bug with Heroic Leap to be fixed. While I don't wanna completely jump from place to place like Shadowstep, having a slight bump in the ground turns it into "no path available" or "you can't use that here". Same thing with charge. I've encountered times during Cho'Gall where I try to charge back and I get "no path available" on just the regular ground - not the stairs or throne.

Spell reflect, overpower.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]