Class Feedback – Warrior

(Locked)

85 Human Warrior
What kind of content do you focus on?

60%-40% pve and pvp respectively.

What's on your wish list for your class?

I'd like to see something in the arms tree that would allow a warrior to be sword and board in an offensive manner, to help improve warriors in areans. Its a huge quality of life issue when a warrior has his shield only along for defensive purposes. Perhaps a split in the arms' tree similar to the TG/SMF spilt in the fury tree. Give an option something like this: you can either have 2 handed weapon specialization OR shield specialization. If you go with shield spec, you may no longer be able to use mortal strike but can pick up shield slam.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My problem with warriors basically (arms) is having to constantly make macros to be able to access our defensive abilities. These macros have to be maintained whenever the weapon or shields are upgraded. Why are warriors thew only class that has to do this? When I started my warrior I had no idea how to swap weapons on the fly. I shouldn't have to go to an external site to learn how to do this, these tools should exist in WoW like they do for every other class.
Edited by Cethern on 9/12/2011 11:01 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warrior

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• N/A

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Awesome 1v1 tank.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Takes a little too long to establish aggro on mobs.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Again, opening rotation for mob encounters takes a little too long.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• A larger aoe for Heroic Leap and Challenging Shout

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Slam, Strike
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE only Heroics as raiding on my server is a social club that is near impossible to get into.
    If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics.
    If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    None
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I wish commanding shout and battleshout lasted longer than 2-3 minutes.
    What makes playing your class more fun?
    I like this class because I can tank with it.
    What makes playing your class less fun?
    I don't like how dependent this class is on a healer as the tank. The DK model is much more fun. I wish I had the same number of tanking cooldowns on my warrior as I do on my DK.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I don't feel like there is a rotation for tanking as a warrior.
    What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I wish as a tank that this class was less dependent on healers.
    What spells do you use the least? Heroic Leap - it doesn't work most of the time.
    85 Orc Warrior

Both

Heroic Raids

Arenas and normal Battlegrounds

Missing auto attacks as Fury has become really frustrating.
    Charge Jumping
    2 handed weapons are getting smaller and smaller while 1 handed weapons are getting bigger.
    Spell Reflection's cooldown feels too long.

The concept of running around with a shield, 2-hander, 2 1-handers, or 2 2-handers is really awesome and I love the way the class feels as a whole, minus a few issues. Charge and Spell Reflect are 2 abilities that make the class feel awesome.

Being completely reliant on healers and dispels to do anything in a PVP setting.
    Lack of utility.
    Reliance on Colossus Smash.
    Raging Blow not being up enough outside of Berserker Rage.
    Missing as Fury.
    Charge jumping.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I feel that Raging Blow and Slam really conflict with each other when it comes to my rotation. Raging Blow also doesn't feel like it's up enough and when it finally does come up, it decides to do so when I get a Bloodsurge proc. I know that I have Berserker Rage to help with Raging Blow, but it really doesn't

Fix Charge jumping
    Bring Spell Reflect Back down to 10 seconds
    Increase the amount of hit offered by Precision for Fury by 10% (or anything really)
    I wish there was some way to make Fury feel less reliant on procs for Raging Blow and Slam.
    Remove Colossus Smash or make it do something else, then balance accordingly.

What spells do you use the least?

Inner Rage and Heroic Throw.
    Edited by Zaithor on 9/12/2011 11:02 AM PDT
    90 Orc Warrior
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Making vigilance persist through death will be cool.Increasing radius of battle/commanding shout.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    The good mobility that we have.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Forgetting to refresh vigilance on other tank , having to run over to other side of ragnaros's platform to refresh battleshout.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I feel that the rotation for both dps and tanking for warrior is fine.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    By reading recent world of logs on heroic ragnaros attempts ( and other heroic firelands boss ) i found out that warrior takes alot of damage , yet everyone was not aware of it . currenlty i think that tanking in warrior is pretty stressful as we dont go for hit/expertise cap, and we have to refresh demoralizing shout using a gcd ( which could miss ) and thunderclap ( which also misses provided that this skill has a cooldown ) and applying debuff may end up losing threat if you keep missing.Also warrior has a very low dps while not tanking because unlike other class , warrior does not generate enough rage to dps when they are not tanking.

For dps , i think that the mastery for fury needs to change as it only benefits 2 skill in the warrior spellbook. Raging blow and Enraged regeneration. i think that if you could change the way how the mastery works other than just affecting this two skills, fury warrior will be potentially a more well received spec.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Shattering throw in PvE, i think that it is a good skill to use for raidwide dps but it is just not attractive to use as we have to switch stance and it has a cast time.
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    focus on PvE raid progression (Strictly as DPS fury)

quality of life issues include taunt and shattering throw being stance locked at the moment. rage is to precious for stance dancing all the time. shouts being on GCD is inconvenient.

love our current mobility and massive damage we bring to the raid

right now the thing slowing me down the most would be threat issues and no current ability i can use to dump my large threat pool i build up quickly in boss fights. new tank threat changes may have changed this but as i get better gear i still finding myself with close calls and heroics are a continual disaster.

rotations are ok, biggest issue is between TG/SMF. while SMF has faster atks which lead to more enrage up time i find that the rotation is smoother and more fun. as TG the slower atks lead to long pauses between enrage's and that leaves me with CS-BT-HS spam rotation that isn't fun and can be frustrating. Id suggest giving TG a high enrage proc chance to correct this.

wishlist- shout off GCD, threat dump, taunt and shattering throw with no stance restriction and TG with a smoother rotation.

hardly use my aoe abilities, rage cost is to high for the minimal dmg it does and to easily become rage starved. i find i can actually do more single target dmg with packs that are 4-5 mobs rather then spamming WW/CL. only packs in firelands that are 8+ mobs will i use it.
    Edited by Atashi on 9/12/2011 11:04 AM PDT
    85 Human Warrior
    -What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both, Raid for a few hours a week and do my dungeon grind for valor then spend the rest of the time doing PVP

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    All

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    only thing i can think of since stance dancing was nerfed is having to pop beserker to use enraged regeneration.. simple macro that could just be done away with.
    our shouts being only for 2-4 minutes.
    mastery and haste seem useless to us but are on most of our gear.
    auto attacks missing alot, having to stack hit to try minimise this.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
    great dps in raids, being a solid tank and roaming around battlegrounds harassing the enemy.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
    we have little to offer in arenas being a class that can be easilly kited and cc'd with limited ways to escape and close back the gap, also our plate armor doesnt really seem to matter anymore .. feel just as squishy if not more than most other classes with armor buffs/spells and our one little health regen is pitiful compared to what alot of other classes have.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    satisfied.. not something that you get first go but i like the learning process of getting it down pat.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
    buff enraged regeneration or something to give us more survivability in pvp but more importantly a way to get our of cc's or become immune for a little while to give us a chance against druids and mages.

-What spells do you use the least?
    strike .
    in pvp arms ..heroic strike because its rage hungry,
    in prot i dont use sunders because of devestate
    Edited by Chardicus on 9/12/2011 11:10 AM PDT
    85 Blood Elf Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on? pvp

If PvP, what type of PvP? arenas, bgs, rated bgs, duels

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? recklessness in battle stance

What makes playing your class more fun? heroic leap, bladestorm, charge, spell reflection

What makes playing your class less fun? being kited all day, dont being able to kill anything in 2v2 (if i play with a healer and they too). cant really peel for my arena partners that good, can get cc'd all day with slows roots novas etc specially if i got dots on me.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? it is fun as slam spec (arms pvp)

What’s on your wish list for your class? stronger bladestorm, big burst , more movility , jump charge fix, any other kind of cc, maybe reduce my fear cd, battle shout out of gcd, make fury pvp dont rely on weapons , make it a pvp spec again. increse bleed damage as arms so we can do some damage to mages, arms needs a party buff. make me see warriors with 3k+ rating such a lot of warlocks, shamans, rogues.

What spells do you use the least? inner rage, bladestorm
    88 Orc Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on? PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas 2v2, 3v3, and Random BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Heroic Leap not working on non-flat surfaces. However I have to say I LOVE heroic leap as an ability, just very dislike that sometimes it doesn't work the way it was designed. I don't want to see this ability replaced. Is there anything that can be done to make it work on non-flat areas more consistently? Rage generation is probably a bigger nuisance than heroic leap however.

What makes playing your class more fun? Charge, heroic leap, and the mobility and quickness of the class. I also like the idea that the warrior becomes stronger as the fight goes on (Slaughter does more damage, more rage, etc) but I feel it sometimes takes too long to ramp up this way. Heroic leap makes warrior tons of fun, as does charge.

What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to self heal as well as other classes. Having little utility in an arena fight besides a few select abilities to help my teammate. Having a low skillcap.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Great. I would like to see more choices involved with AoE however as abilities like Whirlwind are just not worth using.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Some kind of CC besides knockdown and intim. shout. Maybe bring back intercept or some other kind of anti-root so that we can have a fighting chance against slows/roots that some classes can reapply again and again. Spell Reflect being buffed to either a shorter cooldown or 2-3 spells reflected instead of just 1.

What spells do you use the least? There are quite a few protection abilities that are not used as an arms warrior. I think some spells just need some more uniqueness to them. They just do not have the usefulness to be worth the GCD. Inner rage is hardly ever used as well and would like to see it replaced with something else. Whirlwind is also hardly ever used, especially in a PVP setting.
    100 Undead Warrior
    Both

Raids and Heroics as Fury or Prot.

All of the above.

I'm perfectly happy with warrior performance in PvE, but PvP leaves something to be desired. Heroic Leap doesn't work all the time, especially in Ring of Valor, and warriors either need to have a damage buff or an increase in mobility/control. Someone above me mentioned an increase to the debuff applied by Mortal Strike, and that seems like a good fix. Barring that, letting us use other abilities during Bladestorm would be a good fix, otherwise it's pretty much just a tool we use to get out of slows/go immune to CC.

Spell Reflect

Lack of viability in PvP, especially arena.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Happy with each rotation, reapplying Hamstring again and again can get annoying.

Inner Rage. Along with the suggestions I made, changing Inner Rage into a useful damage cooldown could help fix warriors a bit, and maybe it could be balanced differently in PvP/PvE if it makes PvE damage go too high.

85 Orc Warrior

Both

Heroics/raids

Arenas, BGs, and Rated BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

- Take Battle/Comm shout off gcd.
    - Fix charge jumping
    - Allow Heroic Leap to work on larger inclines
    - Change Enraged Regen so that can be used without an enrage effect but is half as effective or something

Things that are unique to warriors makes warriors more fun. Such as our mobility, which was nerfed, Our powerful MS (nerfed), and are high damage (nerfed) ... get the picture

Warriors imo are suffering from feeling helpless in both pve and pvp. We don't bring a powerful unique skill/ability that a raid or team needs, and generally depend on others far too much.

Not being in control of your character for extends periods is depressing, as is not being able to hit targets because of constant roots.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation feels fine, but rage generation could use a tweak.

- A knockback
    - Redesign Fury mastery
    - Remove CD from Shattering Throw

Sunder Armor, Strike

Also Vigilance is kinda weak now
    100 Undead Warrior
    Pve
    Raids, solo
    Rated bg, bg
    We need something to make a bit of dps range like when a dragon is flying or something
    Make our trow weapon a good choice instead of sitting down
    Something like autotrow moving(not asking for a lot of dps juts something to do while the target is flying or out of range i mean at least dks can use icy touch, deathcoil, paladins can use exorcism) but our trow skill and use of trow weapon is just so lame
    fury cant dont have many things to track, making rend usable by fury by proc or rend procing something would be good, also needing to use shield for shield wall
    Slam proc in gcd for fury is pretty bad, and we have a lott of whit dmg Also shouts on gcd is pretty dissapointing
    i like how fury works with a ''timed'' rotation, how i can pvp with prot and how i can help the group some times with my rallying cry, also i like how we are so gear dependant a simple upgrade on our gear and we can notice the upgrade in the numbers of dmg
    The arms mastery is pretty good i mean you can notice that you have master(hiting another time), love the prot way to pvp and tank, i like little procs like flurry, enrage and the big long cooldowns to pop together
    buggy heroic leap, pretty bad mechanic to dump rage, the
    the fury mastery is like a flat bonus, is totally booring
    Im feeling confortable with it i personally dont like needing enrage to use raging blow but yeah its needed, adds something to care about i just dont like watching gcd to use slam, slam should be usable ogcd so we can use that free gcd for other skills like: demo shouts(demo, and buffs shouts) or making shouts out of gcd could work
    redo fury mastery please, Avatar spell like w3, well i can dream right?

Demo shout, sunder, strike,Shattering Throw
    Edited by Gaudaloht on 9/12/2011 11:08 AM PDT
    85 Undead Warrior
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Strictly PvE.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• --

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Heroic Leap being unreliable if there's slight terrain incline.

Having almost every cooldown tied with a drawback - Death Wish is 5% more damage taken, Recklessness is 20%, Shield Wall requiring to swap to sword and board, Enraged Regen consuming precious enrage effect. Paladins and DKs doesn't have to deal with such nonsense.

Shouts being on GCD - it's hard to squeeze them into tight GCD-locked fury rotation.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Having more utility and synergy with raid - more short term raid cooldowns like Rallying Cry would be a step in a good direction.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Feeling like a DK without all their bells and whistles.

Rage mechanic is still clunky, string of misses completely kills fury dps, while other physical dps classes can continue to use their specials, warriors wait for next melee swing. And that 3,5-ish secs with TG feels like forever.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Fury rotation is good, not overly complicated. Fact that it relies on RNG in enrage mechanic means we can spend a lot of time not hitting RB.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Working Heroic Leap
    Shouts off GCD
    Fury Mastery reworked
    Combat Rez, so I can macro it with '/y Walk it off, you big baby!'

• What spells do you use the least?

• Demo shout - I just don't have spare GCD to use it.
    Shattering Throw - it would be great if I could use it in berserker stance, but it's too huge personal dps loss to stance dance and cast it. Why does it even have cast time anyway?
    Edited by Mitochondrîa on 9/12/2011 3:10 PM PDT
    90 Worgen Warrior
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Both (PVE raiding and all forms of PVP)

Don't really think there are any issues here.

Always dpsing better than everything, if it be in pve or pvp......for example in pvp I find it most fun when i can just do dps rotations and faceroll people instead of having to play the whole LoS / mana game / defense crap. MORE DPS !!! less switching to defensive stances for increased chance to survive. Personally i just wanna spell reflect and use shield wall while doing MAX dps. Ferals get survival instincts in kitty i dont see why fury cant shield wall while doing full dps.

Being cc'd and always needing pocket heals and pve encounters that suck for melee.

Personally ive always adjusted well to any rotation warriors have but I think fury is fine and arms could use some tweaks but its acceptable.

1) Move every ability to be used in all stances, (disarm, shield wall, etc....)
    2) No shield required for spell reflect
    3) Deathwish acts like hunter ability, immune to all cc's
    4) immunity to enrage dispells
    5) shouts off global
    Edited by Veyga on 9/12/2011 11:11 AM PDT
    85 Orc Warrior
    Both

Raids, Heroics

Arenas and BGs

No longer having to face Mages in PvP. You have to admit, you gave them to much.

I have always been a huge fan of warriors in any game and Im a big fan of titans Grip and heroic leap.

when we see other classes get abilities that seem so similar or are the same as our own. Also PvP against mage's. Whats the point. See a mage hit F4.

Rotation seems good, i like the abilities that it offers. My concern is entering combat and waiting for slam or raging blow to proc for 15 seconds into a fight when the attempt before it would proc every 5 seconds or so. I would feel a lot more efficient as a dps if I weren't so dependent off of abilities that have such a random point to become available.

would like to see an Offense ability have no rage requirement to help build rage faster, but it have like a 6 second cd. Would also love to see an ability like a Heroic Stomp, where a warrior could cause a small earthquake or shatter the ground below the enemy causing medium damadge but slowing the enemies in the target area by 75% for 3 seconds. A nice effect of earth shards like off the Shaman boss in throne of the tides would be amazing.

I find myself very rarely using demorilizing shout, would probably work better if it were somehow blended with another ability whether that be battle shout or another offensive ability. Sunder armour, although is an important ability sits on my action bar when no War tank is around. Since Tanks(warrior) have Devastate which stacks a sunder on its own Maybe it would be nice if instead of devastate stacking it if maybe heroic strike can for all specs giving more room for other main abilities in our rotation. Another stun would be nice as well. Seems that other mele classes, other then paladins, have much more ability to lock a target down such as rogues. Stuns beyond stuns plus a smoke bomb and your survival unless heroic leap is up is very minimal. I also agree with Veyga above me, move all abilities to all stances much like the DK can do in all presence. And no shield for Reflect. kinda cool to think I could baseball bat a fireball back with the flat side of my Axe. Shattering throw and heroic throw should be on in the same.
    Edited by Kihea on 9/12/2011 11:10 AM PDT
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    -Both

-Raids

-All

-Pummel in battle stance.

-Warriors are relentless, the tools we have to jump around the battlefield is what makes us unique and exciting.

-Excessive keybinds to play our class effectively. I require 33 keybind for my warrior. Every keybind is needed for PvP.

-I find slam mechanic for arms to be clunky with a cast time. So much that I can not spec for it nor use it even though it is a part of the "accepted" ability list.

-Removal of Slam from an Arms rotation
    -Reduction in abilities, the current Skill/Cooldown/Keybind ratio is to much to play comfortable
    -A passive ability that reduces snare time by 20%.
    -Recklessness CD reduced to 3min to it is tied in with other melee cooldowns. (Arms)

Slam
    Edited by War on 9/12/2011 11:10 AM PDT
    90 Orc Warrior
    -PvE

-Raids.

-N/A.

-Not much.

-The fact that I play a class that is uniquely non-magical. A warrior is just a strong character that wears heavy armor, and uses melee weapons, and relies on his/her mastery of his/her anger or of weapons. I've always loved being Arms since I started playing WoW 4 years ago, and I hope it will stay as fun a spec as it is now.

-The fact that many encounters seem to punish melee classes in raid composition. (Firelands however, did a good job of trying to integrate melee classes into some encounters, and I applaud that.)

-I like it.

-To have some kind of unique non-combat ability. For example, warlocks can summon players, mages can create portals, rogues can pick locks, etc. Warriors don't seem to have that kind of niche.

-Not sure.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]