(Locked)

85 Worgen Warrior
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both
# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, I be tankin.
# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas
# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Single tank fights, I have to use my pvp spec sometimes qq.
# What makes playing your class more fun?
Heroic leap is awesome, I'm loving warr mobility
# What makes playing your class less fun?
Losing my mobility
# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's way more complicated than my mages.
# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Better itemized tank gear. Tanks being more or less equal along the board for raid fights (DK/Feral>>>warr/pally on baleroc for example, but I have my baller niche spot on the bottom of Beth).
# What spells do you use the least?
Strike
90 Human Warrior
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Just 1 heroic a week since thats all im short of cap, after raiding for the week. 10man Fireland raiding. HM starting up. Have two 10man groups.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Just started queueing for random BG's lately.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Rage normalization. It could be a balance thing, but instead of normalizing rage, I could see getting a critical strike not giving as much rage as it did before.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    I feel that I do great damage. After seeing the Firelands gear/content before being released, it looked to scale very well with us compared to previous tier. Makes us very competitive or even on top if played well.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Gear dependant. I have many classes that are 80+ and 4 85's. After slightly nerfing warriors base damage, the scaling for pre Firelands, seems kind of bad now. I could have less gear on my mage or paladin and do as much DPS until my warrior had most of his BiS gear.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Rotation feels a little blank sometimes. Bloodthirst is reliable since its only a 3 sec CD but that is all we have if raging blow is not up and if slam is not procced. Its rare but it still can happen several times in a raid night to where I can only hit Bloodthirst and heroic strike (if I choose to be rage starved).

So I am just hitting blood thirst until I get enraged or berserker rage is back up to use raging blow. I could fill in with Heroic Strike but then I wont have rage to use Bloodthirst again or raging blow when it comes back up. Would be nice if raging blow can always be used to establish a more stable rotation and just nerf the damage on it to balance it out. Or just make Slam instant cast with talents. It's quite boring/annoying when you can only hit Bloodthirst for the next 9 seconds.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Heroic Leap. It is very underwhelming for a new ability as your level from 80 to 85 and getting it for level 85. Feels like something we should have received at 81. I was not excited to hit 85 on my warrior as I was with other classes since their 85 abilities were much more exciting.

■What spells do you use the least?
    To be honest, even though its part of rotation when procced, Slam is hardly used. Im trying to think of other melee classes, and cant think of any other melee ability that requires a cast time.
Edited by Gorefury on 9/12/2011 11:59 AM PDT
85 Goblin Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I currently play both PvE and PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I sometimes run 5 man heroics, I run raids with my guild as a tank, and I do other various old raids such as ICC, Ulduar, etc. for achievements and vanity loot. I enjoy the PvE aspect of this game.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All of the above. I run 3v3 arenas, rated BGs, and normal BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
It's very hard to think of one of these for the warrior class. I apologize for not giving an answer that provides feedback for this question.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to tank and/or dps is very nice about warriors. I enjoy tanking, I strongly believe warriors make the best tanks provided they have the proper gear. Using rage as a tool is awesome too, instead of using mana. Rage is easy to build, and very easy to manage.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Heroic leap is a very nice ability, however there are some situations where it can't be used when really it should be usable. For example, I could heroic leap down a hill, but I can't heroic leap back up the hill. It's very frustrating in some PvP situations, because sometimes even if the ground is going up by the slightest slope, heroic leap can't be used. If heroic leap could be used up and down inclinations of very small degrees, then that would be very good. I hope this makes sense.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Warrior rotations are very simple as far as PvE tanking, PvE dps, and PvP goes. Warriors are a simple class to play, it just requires knowing which abilities come first.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Dual wielding with any spec. Warriors are warriors, the masters of weapon use. I know dual wielding weapons as arms or prot is useless, but I hate having to respec fury just to show off vanity weapons (off hand warglaive for example) that can only be wielded in my offhand. That's kind of like saying fury and arms warriors shouldn't be able to use a shield if they aren't prot. DKs can dual wield as any spec, so I think warriors should be able to again.

Heroic leaping up slightly inclined hills would be a nice thing for the wish list as well.

Bringing back the expertise talent in the protection tree. Why this was taken away is well beyond me, but it was very helpful. Having that talent back would allow prot warriors to open up some more reforging options.

What spells do you use the least?
It's hard for me to think of some spells that I don't use at all. I suppose strike would be one, but that is intended for low level players. I was reading someone else's response, and they said remove strike and just replace it with heroic strike at level 1, I think that would be a great idea.
85 Orc Warrior

PvP

I don't PvE for the reason that Content in Cata seems to favor hardcore raiders leaving casuals raiders to stick to PvP

3v3 arena and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

It would be nice for Hamstring to auto apply Like a Rouges crippling poison or a Feral Druids Auto slow forgot the name.

I just love the warriors ability to stick on a target. (there is a downside which i will post below on what makes my class "less fun"

Having to depend on other classes so much.
Our offensive CDs also give the enemy an advantage giving them 20% more damage to us. to go defensive we have to swtich stances and equip a shield reducing our dps.
I just feel warriors get the short end of the stick every patch.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is okay.

I wish you would put spell reflect back to 10 seconds. Was nerfed due to prot warriors in RBGs. Why don't you just make spell reflect 10 seconds for all specs .

I also wish i could use Heroic Leap on all terrain really annoying in the BG Twin Peaks trying to catch an alliance flag carrier when hes going uphill to his flag room.

Inner Rage.
Slam.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I apologize, I posted this in the wrong forum
90 Draenei Shaman
whoops wrong forum:)
Edited by Tragik on 9/12/2011 11:36 AM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
-Both PvP and PvE

-Raids and heroics

-Arena's and BGs

-Rage and even more importantly being enraged. An example would be that my self heal enraged regeneration has not only a rage cost but requires the enraged effect. That stacked with it being a lesser heal in the grand scheme of what is WoW makes it a very unreliable self heal.

- Big weapons, armor, minimal magic use, and the ability to be mobile ( even though this has been greatly reduced via nerf hammer)

- I play Arms in both PvP / PvE settings. Easily CC'able in PvP requiring dispels to be effective. In PvE my rotation feels like it has to be tighter to min / max while still generally falling a little behind. I stance dance to min / max, double pot, use cd's accordingly and still don't pull consistent numbers.

- I love my rotation as arms and is why I play arms. Having to stance dance to min / max is great and throws a loop into the simple pres x x y x x a y x x y type of rotation. a little bit of flavor if you will.

PvP wise anything that can help us stay on a target without a needed dispeller, buff to self heal also would be nice. PvE wise a slight buff to arms dps.

inner rage.
Edited by Axeingar on 9/12/2011 11:34 AM PDT
89 Dwarf Warrior
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PVE mainly but will occasionally PVP in between raid days.

ATM Endgame Raids 10m regular

Heroic Leap. Fun ability but anything gets in its way and its useless. Possibly a better selfheal then enraged regeneration or maybe a shorter cooldown

I really Enjoy warrior tanking. Been tanking sense Vanilla. Love blood and thunder, charge, shockwave.

Not having a ranged attack that can hold better aggro on single or multiple targets. Or perhaps a self-heal with a shorter cooldown.

I really can't complain.

More efficient self-heal, allowing heroic leap to work when going up hill, Multiple target ranged ability.. A better use ability for intervene.

Strike, intervene
Edited by Orack on 9/12/2011 11:35 AM PDT
90 Human Warrior

-Both

-Mainly Troll 5-mans at this point... have not done a raid once this expansion. Primarily run tank duty, with an occasional stint as Arms dps

-TB and regular BGs, mainly on holdiay weekends. Same spec make-up as PvE

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Mobility: As stated, non-Prot Warrior mobility is pretty weak at the moment, requiring a LOT of thought and planning to pull off effectively (i.e- very judicious use of trinkets and CDs such as Bladestorm... trying to find a route/path to use Heroic Leap, etc)

-Snares: Hamstring/Piercing Howl are incredibly "clunky" to use anymore, effectively denying us a global cooldown that could be used for damage (which I've only been able to half-!@# mitigate by incorporating a Heroic Strike to coincide with the Hamstring, thereby running the risk of rage-starvation). Seems somewhat unfair that classes like kitty Druids and Rogues get stronger, passive snares, or classes such as Shamans get an active one that also deals decent damage... at a distance no less

-Armor: This is PvP related only, but wearing Plate simply isn't what it used to be. Back in Classic and BC, if you got jumped by a Rogue, kitty or other melee class you could simply put on Sword 'n Board and mitigate a large portion of their opening damage, thereby allowing you some time to react and possibly counter-attack. Now, with the combination of bleeds, poisons, holy DoTs, etc. in their arsenal, Plate and Shield tactics simply don't offer the type of protection that would be expected against a fellow melee class. Resiliance has has helped quite a bit in this regard, but that stat applies across the spectrum to all classes, not just Plate-wearers. Therefore, all we get in the end is a massively inflated repair bill, with little additional benefit coming from our armor of choice.

-The simple yet dynamic and overly aggressive nature of the class. Whereas Paladins get all their fancy little spell effects, Rogues get Stealth and Hunters get pets, Warriors rely ONLY on a good weapon, sturdy armor and a massively over-inflated beer-induced sense of hatred to win the day. Nothing fancy... no special effects, just death, and to accomplish that we were given a huge toolbox of abilities to use. I love the fact that I can stun one opponent -> Charge -> Disarm another -> Heroic Leap -> fear bomb a group -> Charge again and open up on an opponent. Fast paced and brutal... just the way I like it
90 Human Warrior

-The homogenization and general "dumbing-down" of the class over the last two expansions. I know that many people dislike mechanics such as Stances (which admittedly are very outdated in their current form), but those mechanics help to make the class more dynamic, while simultaneously allowing Blizzard to give us a large and more powerful toolbox of abilities. Just look at what we have right now... the best defensive cooldown in the game (Shield Wall), one of the best offensive cooldowns (Recklessness), a unique counter-attack cooldown (Retaliation), a disarm, several stuns, a fear, 3-types of AoE, in addition to our huge arsenal of attacks. Things like Stances help to better manage all of these tools, while also restricting them enough so that they aren't absolutely over-powered and/or spammable without a cost to ourselves. Instead of scrapping the mechanic in favor of something as mundane as DK Presences, I'd like to see Blizz develope the concept a bit more... making the mechanics fun and dynamic while keeping them from being frustrating and clunky.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's great imho... sorta reminds me of the old Slam Rotation from long ago, while still being a bit more involved due to ability priorities. My only real complaint is with Fury, since it's rotation, to me at least, is still as boring and mindless as it was over the past 7 years. It either needs another attack, or preferably another proc to keep you thinking (possibly one that makes your next Heroic Strike cost no rage or something).

-Increased mobility
-Greater depth to the class
-A charge that finally works
-A Heroic Leap that finally works
-More utility for Arms, even at the expense of some damage (perhaps some limited tanking capability while in D-Stance, or some better CC, etc)
-More thought involved in Furys rotation
-Improved Stances with renewed restrictions
-Less reliance on healers/dispels

None. I try to use every ability that I have, as often as possible (yes, even Whirlwind as Arms or Retaliation as Prot)
85 Night Elf Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? 10m heroic raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I'm prot in pve, so no complaints there. But PVP...
1: LTTS. stacking LTTS in PVP when you're constantly being CC'd basically makes any other class better to take than a warrior. How often can you get 3x and keep it up when you can be CC'd for the full duration? That's also not factoring in getting parried or dodged.

2: Snaring. Hamstring just seems dated compared to how much effort other classes have in their snare control. Having to reapply it every few seconds takes away damage that could be done (Also not factoring in Dodges and parry!). Maybe make an addition to Throwdown talent to auto reapply hamstring when you mortalstrike or overpower(one or the other). If not that, then possibly increase the hamstring slow to a higher %.

3: Mobility. Heroic leap just can't fill the shoes intercept wore. "No path available" "No path available" "No path available" "No path available." Give intercept back, Take intercept stun away. Give it a daze or give something to fury to make up for the loss of stun (or the ability to spec the stun baked into one of their talents like Heroic Fury)

4: Recklessness. PVE: The 20% increased damage taken just seems unfair. It's basically punishing you in PvE if the boss has a constant deadly AoE. It's not 100% crit like it use to be and it's not even as long as Avenging Wrath(not as good either) so maybe the debuff should be toned down. PVP: You light up like a christmas tree in peoples eyes, just asking to be blown up. Cancel macros, yay.

What makes playing your class more fun? Hitting stuff instead of seeing "You can't do that right now"

What makes playing your class less fun? being the go-to target no matter what 99% of the arena game because how easily we are controlled.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I'm fine with it in PvE. Hamstring in PvP is kind of a downer though.

- Rework Hamstring for PvP
- More consistent damage in PvP besides waiting on LTTS to stack 3x
- Intercept. :)
- Recklessness increase damage debuff needs to be toned down.

What spells do you use the least? Cleave, Whirlwind.

^_^
Edited by Almonide on 9/12/2011 11:37 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] ----- PvE, trying to learn how to PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] ---- Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] ---- BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. ---- (This is all based on my PvP experieces) For me, it's the sheer amount of abilities that don't cross over between specs, especially when so many things are useful in PvP. To do well you need to have a ridiculous amount of keybinds and macros.

What makes playing your class more fun? --- I love charge, intercept, and rage generation.

What makes playing your class less fun? --- Like I said earlier, the amount of keybinds. It's not so bad in PvE but if you BG you need to have a keybind for EVERYTHING and are using them all the time!

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) --- I enjoy it.

What’s on your wish list for your class? --- I am not the most familiar with Warrior, so don't take my word as gospel, but I think the spells need to be homogenized better so there aren't so many buttons to press. Then again, I'm sure some people enjoy that aspect of the class.

What spells do you use the least? --- Heroic Leap..
90 Orc Warrior
2450 in 3v3 from have been 2000+ on multiple characters (Pally, Shaman, Rogue). This is what I can think of, off the top of my head. Hopefully it helps.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Lack of Mobility / Utility:
I'll start with mobility first; Heroic Leap is unreliable in most areas of pvp, especially Ring of Valor. " No Path Available". Even when we are able to move around, it's only for a few seconds unless we have constant dispells, BUT with how many debuffs people can put on it's almost pointless / impossible to get rid of the slowing / snare effects. It is nice however having Charge on a low cool down but with spell reflect being on a 25 second cool down, and most decent players being able to simply throw a trash spell to take up the spell reflect, it's very easy to control a Warrior. We do have Bladestorm but it's sometimes used to just avoid snares and go line of sight of opponents and doesn't do too much damage when most things can easily get out of the area.

Utility: Like I stated before our mobility is lacking without dispells, therefore who wants to bring a Warrior?
Death Knights have: the opposite of charge (Death Grip) making it easy for them to pull an opponent around a corner and scoring a kill, ability to avoid most magic damage and snares is a huge plus as well as other crowd control through cool downs. They have two viable specs in arena which both bring great damage and control (Silences, Stun, or ridiculous damage)

Feral Druids : Not really sure if there's too much to say about them besides, Damage, Instant Cyclone, very hard to control since they can get out of most snares and other effects.

On another note, most of our cooldowns are tied in with some sort of drawback, whether it be increased damage received, or unable to use other cooldowns with them which really made a difference with scoring a kill(when able to move and use them).

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to move freely with a healer and really do some damage when possible. Running around with a 2-handed weapon. "Being in the front lines" to say the least.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Being completely crowd controlled without dispells(which isn't always a dispellers fault due to damage coming out of some classes).

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation seems fine.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Ability to remove snares (like Heroic Fury) but for the class as a whole. So many classes have snares that are better than Warriors, and many classes have abilities to simply run away even with Hamstring on.

Working Heroic Leap.
Damage boost maybe but If we were able to stay on a target I wouldn't suggest this.

# What spells do you use the least?

Sunder Armor.
90 Night Elf Warrior
PvE mainly

Mostly raids (Firelands atm), some occasional heroics for Chaos Orbs.

BG's and TB if any PvP

AoE tanking for prot warriors, you guys partially fixed it with the threat buff, but having another more consistent aoe ability or having cleave hit more targets would really be helpful.

I love tanking, having the huge health pool, and helping keep the raid alive, but I feel like if played right a Prot Warrior can keep themselves up, and also do some decent damage if rotated correctly.

The pressure put on tanks for heroics and even raids at times, 1 mistake is usually life or death for the group/raid, and while most of the time surviving is easy, there are some things that are very annoying that I could see beginner tanks especially getting overwhelmed with.

I love the tank rotation minus the couple of extra push buttons that you need to use every so often, like Demo Shout, Rend, Thunder Clap (on single target mobs/boss), I'm always feeling like something is getting pushed off the table and I need to try and catch up quickly at times.

I would love a shorter survival cooldown, maybe not quite as effective as Last Stand or Shield Wall, but adds a reliable cooldown outside of Shield Block that tanks can trust will usually be around when needed.

Umm...Rend is one I really try and remember to use but usually in the heat of a tanking battle I forget but that one is usually my fault. Vigilance I use but only because its there, its really kind of pointless now with the threat buff, the short cooldown that Taunt already has, and the incoming Vengeance buff in 4.3. Intervene is another ability that I should probably use more but I find it to be kind of a clunky spell, and I'd have to test it out some macro'd, it's a bit too complicated imo compared to Charge. Heroic Leap is also a spell I rarely use even when the cooldown is up.
Edited by Pathora on 9/12/2011 11:42 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
PVP

N/A

2s, 3s, BGs, trying to find a team for 5s

Heroic Leap is useless if the roads are sloppy or have hills on them. My only gap closer (Charge) can be jumped away making it pretty useless sometimes. Hunters, DKs, Mages kite me around without any complications, mostly mages.

The ability to destroy people when they're undergeared and/or you have another dps helping you out. Having to build and manage rage to be able to actually do some damage.

Having to reapply Harmstring manually every 5 or so seconds so I don't get kited around.
Depending on a healer's skill to be skilled.
Having to play 100% defensive on high ratings and still lose.
Disbanding and reforming the 2s team because at higher ratings im useless.

As I said, having to reapply harmstring every 5 or 6 seconds is pretty annoying, specially when other classes have their slows attached to spells (Frostbolt, Deadly throw, Howling Blast, Chains of Ice, etc)

-Fixing the cooldowns and damage on Arms.
-I almost never use Recklessness unless we have an assured kill in arenas (bomb/throwdown/kidney combo), I already take a lot of damage, 20% more is not fun.
-Spell Reflect cooldown is way too high, I know it was abused as Prot, but Arms is useless without it, also reflecting a Waterbolt from a Water Elemental is not something you like to see, maybe make it that it doesn't reflect pet spells (Mirror Images, Water Elemental)
-Mortal Strike either needs a higher crit value or make Enrage proc from Overpower too, having to waste Berserker Rage to pop Enraged Regen is not fun. Think I've only seen my MS Enrage Power Aura once in all the arenas I've done.
-Speaking of Enraged Regeneration, the cooldown is a bit high, maybe make a talent deep in the arms tree to reduce the cooldown by 30 sec/1 minute?
-Intercept back would be so cool <3
-Tactical Mastery is a useless talent.
-Making Heroic Fury baseline would make me love you so so much <3

I got everything keybinded, all my bars are full on def/battle/zerker stance and everything has a keybind, and I use everything.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]