Hypothetically speaking...

90 Tauren Warrior
Problem:
Small player pool server restricting recruitment and functioning of raids. When even 1-2 people don't show in 10 mans, or 3-4 in 25's, raids don't happen. Competition between multiple raiding guilds empties the potential player pool, leading to multiple groups having just not enough players.

Potential Solution:
A merger of the raiding players of multiple guilds to allow more raids to run. With a centralized player pool, raids could be set up more easily and more often. Players with no dedicated group could effectively act as standbys to multiple groups, improving their chances at raiding and leaving them off the bench more often.

Open questions:
Does such a guild serve as a positive improvement on the current problem in the possibility space, despite the new problems it creates?

----------------------------------------------------------
Problems to be resolved in such a setup:
----------------------------------------------------------
Many issues would exist in such a setup that would need to be resolved before such a thing could come to pass. Please brainstorm potential problems and solutions.

Gbank
In a multi-raid group guild, how are raiding mats, BOEs, repairs, 'cash flow' perks, and general withdraw rights managed?
Separate tabs per group? Self manage repairs? Weekly distribution of cash flow to raid leads?
Would only the group leads have withdraw rights? With the limited number of ranks in the current guild UI, how do you balance ease of use with security?

Recruitment
Groups within the guild will desire members of other groups as attendance/perfomance shifts. How do you resolve the drama of members leaving one group to join another?

Organization
Having a larger guild means more people you will be unfamiliar with. It makes it even more important to know how well a person performs. Are there add-ons to rate players within the player pool to let other groups know what they're in for? What ratings would be relevant? How do we filter the bads from the unexperienced/undergeared?

There must always be a GM. How would a GM be selected, and what would his/her responsibilities include? The guild must know and trust that their GM is not going to screw them over.

Guild website or other forms of intra-guild communication are required for smooth functionality. What could we do for this and who has experience managing such?

Will update post as information is added.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Potential solutions to those questions.

Organization

Leadership
Raid Leader - One raid leader will be elected per guild. The raid leader is in charge of enforcing the dynamics of their raid and determining who are the core members of their group raid in addition to what loot system is used. They are allowed to take members from the raider pool, but they are not allowed to take core members from other raid leaders unless an agreement is worked out beforehand.

Raid Officer - One or two will be elected per guild. They will be delegated tasks as their Raid Leader sees fit.

Guild Leader - Individual member in charge of everything that would occur in between guilds. The Leader has the ability to remove a Raid Leader (and his raiders) from the guild if they are negatively impacting other groups. The Leader DOES NOT have any say in what goes in within a Raid group. Perhaps this Guild Leader is Voted on by officers and Raid leaders between guilds.

Coordinators - A small group of officers elected to assist the Leader in any general tasks such as resolving conflicts, maintaining a website, recruiting new members, promotion/demotion of members, etc. Coordinators DO NOT have any say in what goes in within a Raid group.

Core Raider - A member that is assured a spot in a Raid Leader’s raid. Is consistently on and almost never has any reason to pug with another group on his main. A Core Raider is expected to attend his/her Raid Leader’s raid unless it’s talked about beforehand between Raid Leaders.

Pool Raider - A member that is not assured a spot in a Raid Leader’s raid and/or is unable to consistently make raid times for whatever reason. Essentially a member that can attend any other Raid Leader’s group if they are missing a member. A pool raider will have his Spec and I lvl under guild note and his availability under Officer note for that week (So and so is reserved for Thursday's raid By Canehduh)

Trial Member - A new member that has been recruited by a Raid Leader. At the end of a probation period (no more than a month), the Raid Leader will decide whether the member is promoted to Core Raider or Pool Raider based on the criteria above.

Alt - A non-main character of an individual.

Family/Friends - People playing for the social aspect and/or who are not necessarily looking to raid current content.

Gbank

Repairs will provided to each individual who is a Pool Raider or above. Raid Leaders will be responsible for providing flasks/potions/feasts to their guild as they see fit. Raid Leaders are encouraged to keep an alt in their old guild in order to use their guild bank if they want to make sure everything is kept safe. Access to the guild bank will only be given to Raid Leaders and above and each Raid Leader will be given a tab. All gold withdrawals will have to go through a coordinator or the leader. If someone can think of a better way to do that, I’m completely open to suggestions.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Other Potential benefits outside raiding.

Social
Logging on and seeing 40+ guild members online would give greater options for players on off nights. Benefits to core raid members already include things such as rated BG's, raiding old content, levelling toons, ZA/ZG's and Alt raiding.

Dust off those toons you have no use for. Other Raid groups could potentially use your geared Alts and knowing when those raids occur would improve your likeliness of getting in. Sure beats sitting in Org hoping someone pugs a raid.

Having an organized calender filled with events would help structure the guild further. Nothing worse than logging on and seeing there is nothing to do and nothing going on. (AKA Tortheldrin)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Relentless is in. We can always just go back to the old guild if things don't work out as intended. I'd like to have a meeting with other GMs via vent if possible.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
A meeting between GM's would good. When should we set up a meeting?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If this is to happen. it needs to happen sooner then later. My account expires on the 26th. This could be what makes me renew it. If not, I'll be back come 4.3. But I would like to see how this plan works out before it expires or else Relentless won't be apart of it. I'm going to Pm you ingame about this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
There's an app for that.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/crossguildchat_lk.aspx
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did not know about that addon. Thank you sir.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ugh. Everyone in their guilds needs to have this addon downloaded. No thanks, that is no where near worth it. especially considering its outdated with an Lua error. I do appreciate the help though but that addon won't work out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]