Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Worgen Druid
Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.
Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.
We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] arena's/bg's
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
A: I like all parts of how damage and healing go with the current tree's the only problem i have is i leveled a druid for the forms and removing TOL from perma kinda killed off me wanting to heal as much and the regrowth and lifebloom changes are pretty weak the hot is a joke and only reason to use it for the mastery buff and its quick cast. some of the glyphs like regrowth are pointless maybe change it to have the hot last longer not have it keep resetting under 50% when the hot is weak. and maybe change up living seed nerf the % of healing allow it to go from hots perodic crits.
What makes playing your class more fun?having old tree back
What makes playing your class less fun?tree of life :(
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
What’s on your wish list for your class?old healing style with lifebloom ( or at least allow 2 targets out of tree form tank healing)
What spells do you use the least?nourish pointless cast time on it unless u use 3 globals for natures bounty.buff and regrowth glyph is pointless
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Feral PVE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The positional requirement of shred remains a quality of life issue. I don't ask that it be removed, simply that Glyph of Shred's Rip duration increase is made to also effect Mangle.

The inability to quickly apply the attack speed debuff to multiple mobs like other tanks is another issue.

What makes playing your class more fun?

I enjoy the forms and flexibility to change to any role.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Various design issues, and stale mechanics (more below).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

This is where my major concerns are. For Feral damage, the cat rotation has some issues I would like addressed. First, I do not like the functionality of Tiger's Fury. The 6 second 15% damage increase lasts through the entire duration of bleed effects which encourages refreshing Rake or Rip before they are about to expire. This is not only not intuitive but can have an effect on dps should Tiger's Fury happen to line up (or not) with Rip expiration repeatedly. I would like to see the damage increase removed or only effect auto-attacks and be compensated elsewhere.

Second, the cat rotation simply has too many combo points in most raid situations with nothing to do with them. The risk/reward of trying to squeeze in a Ferocious Bite, leaving you with no energy and no combo points, is far too high for such a minimal potential damage increase prior to "execute range." Additionally, due to Bite's higher scaling per combo point, a Bite at less than five combo points is of marginal value. An ability which allows the consumption of a single combo point would be a boon here.

Feral tanking has more pressing concerns. Bears function fine right now, but this is simply because Bear is being propped up by significantly more armor than other tanks and the passive 18% damage reduction from Natural Reaction with an additional 6% spell reduction from Perseverance. The issue is the lackluster performance of Savage Defense which has forced the developers' hands in buffing Bear tanking anytime a new Tier of raid content is released (see massive buffs to Thick Hide/Natural Reaction in 4.2) since Savage Defense does not scale with incoming damage like block or even Death Strike to some extent (DK tanking is a whole other issue however).

Simply put, Savage Defense needs the forthcoming tank redesign treatment. I still find it unfathomable why the developers would remove the original incarnation of block (block value reducing damage by a fixed number) because it did not scale with incoming damage, change it to a fixed 30% which was guaranteed to scale, then turn around and give the old incarnation of block to Druids in the form of Savage Defense with Mastery/AP functioning as the old Block Value stat.

Additionally, Trash and Swipe are too similar. When their cooldowns were identical they were essentially the EXACT same ability. I won't make a suggestion for this one, but something should be done to further differentiate the abilities other than the wholly uncompelling bleed effect on Trash.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Cat form damage is still essentially the same as it was during WotLK. It is still keep up Mangle, Rip, Rake, and Savage Roar, except now you can safely bite below 25% boss health. I'd like to see the status quo shaken up a bit for cat and an ability to consume a single combo point for a small damage increase would fit the bill. The ability would have to read something like:

Infectious Claws: Your auto-attacks deal an additional 30% damage as nature damage for 10 seconds. Costs 1 combo point.

Something like this ability cannot be spammed, would require careful combo point management to use, and would not disturb the rest of the Cat rotation.

What spells do you use the least?

Stampeding Roar. It has its use in PVP now, but initially it was such poor excuse for an ability I was disgusted by it. I would still like to see its cooldown reduced, range increased, energy and rage cost removed, and have it taken off the global cooldown. Then Stampeding Roar might become an ability worthy of both PVE and PVP use.

Though not a spell, the Primal Madness talent is also extremely lackluster and provides minimal benefits for both Cats and Bears (though Bears do not have points to spare for it anyway). It should be changed into a meaningful talent for PVE Cats, possibly by changing it into the above described Infectious Claws ability.
Edited by Eira on 9/12/2011 11:34 AM PDT
85 Troll Druid
PvE boomkin

What type of content do you focus on?
PvE is the only content I focus on for the most part, I occasionally might do something pvp, but it is rare.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
I do heroic dungeons sure, but mostly I do 25 man raids with my guild.

Hmm, I'd probably have to say that being able to do equal amount of damage in both lunar and solar, solar is good but lunar kinda sucks, give insect swarm a morph like moonfire goes to sunfire.

The eclipse mechanic is fun, I like my rotation.

Trying to stay in solar eclipse whenever I need to do aoe is annoying.

Rotation is great, I love how boomkin's rotation works, its pretty unique and fun.

Fire boomkin, or being able to see my armor while in mookin form

hurricane is useless
85 Night Elf Druid

Both, but my Primary Focus is on PvE, but I do casual PvP.

Heroic Raids (towards the upper end of the spectrum), with achievements on the side.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs.

The biggest quality issue is the amount of time to travel from place to place, especially when doing archeology. I dont care if I have to pay to buy them, but I'd like instant travel to 5 or so sites per continent (including old content). Mounts only matter within zones or when travel to adjacent zones. It serves no game play purpose to spend forever flying. Seeing the world while flying is neat and exhilarating while you level, but after you have seen it a couple times it loses its thrill.

Another quality issue is the base balance druid UI. Its not positioned very well to easily see state of eclipse and also is not helpful on fights like ragnaros when 2-4 spells can be in MIDFLIGHT and not have given energy yet. I realize hunter dead zone is an issue here, but come on.

The cosmetic aspect of boomkin is also meh. The form is nice to sometimes use, but looks ridiculous and easy to target in pvp when i am always using it.

The instant shapeshift to bird for flight and the ability to shift in and out of bird form mid-air is great. Would love to see a ground mount with the same restrictions that I can use.

The two talent spec limitation. While I dont mind the cost of paying gold to switch specs, I despise having to go to a trainer to reset my talents, relearn glyphs, and worst of all keybinds. It is not fun to have to manually change 40+ key/mouse binds for spells and macros everytime i have to buy a reset of talents due to druids having 7 specs (feral pvp, balance pvp, resto pvp, balance pve, resto pve, feral dps pve, feral tank pve).

While keybinds for a balance pve to balance pvp is not too bad, but balance pvp to resto pve is awful. How can i be an off-spec healer for my guild yet still maintain a pvp spec without spending 10 mins to respec keybinds, only to wipe on a boss or lose an arena match because i have the wrong keybinds?

I would conservatively estimate about 5% of my arena losses (as i do it once per week, usually having to respec a raid spec to pvp) are from faulty kebinds following a respec. Either make a better system to save keybinds or give us up to 7 specs.
Edited by Draconus on 9/12/2011 11:16 AM PDT
85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic 25man Raids - 6/7H + Heroic Rag Phase 4 Exp
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Use of "fun" items such as Noggenfogger, and various other forms while in Moonkin form.
What makes playing your class more fun? The ability to heal, dps, or tank based off what I feel like doing at that time.
What makes playing your class less fun? Losing our utility such as the massive nerf to Innervate. All druids pretty much look the same.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): overall i like the balance rotation
What’s on your wish list for your class? DPS While moving, Lunar shower was an amazing concept and then it was ruined by the change in 4.2 to limit druid aoe (Which still happens by not taking the talent)
What spells do you use the least? Hurricane - Massive Mana Cost / Little Dmg
85 Blood Elf Priest
My main is Anzù on Blackhand horde (resto/moonkin)

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE (did pvp in wrath but no longer enjoy it)

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids and heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
(Arena)

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Having to glyph so that swiftmend no longer consumes a hot- Every resto worth his weight glyphs for swiftmend, and because you share the ability to swiftmend off of other druids' hots- a bad resto can actually kill your hot and decrease your output (if not glyphed)... So just making swifmend automatically behave as if it were glyphed (and do away with the glyph) would make my life easier.
And of course i fell in love with tree form- wish there was a way to get it back (not as a cd)

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The absolute mobility you have while healing.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Being a resto and having to stand there like a paladin and cast a 2 second heal. The transition away from wrath mobile hotting was no fun for me. Now that my regrowth is to a 1.2 sec cast and i can afford it i am much happier playing resto.
Also the fact that i know i dont have any tank life saving cd's makes me much less appealing for my raid to bring me on heroic bosses.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I dont care how much you try and make me cast nourish- i won't do it. I just didnt play resto until i could afford to do the 5 rejuv, wg rotation.
As far as Moonkins- I am 100% happy with the changes you have made to the rotation.
■What’s on your wish list for your class?
A permanent tree form
A tank cd for resto
Removal of the glyph of Swiftmend

■What spells do you use the least?
Nourish..... oh how you took my favorite spell and made it a worthless piece of slop.
There was a time when you could tank heal just by chain casting those hasted nourishes (and hear that gratifying sound it played when you crit). Those days are over.... /single teardrop
100 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Questing, Dungeons and some raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? As feral dps, energy regeneration. We have one way to regenerate it as a one shot and while the shorter CD is nice, when dealing with long fights, it isn't enough. Rogues have their juice, why can't kitties have something similar?

As resto druid, lack of any threat sink has been my bane, although I have not healed since tank threat was tweaked, so this may no longer be an issue.

What makes playing your class more fun? Shapeshifting. I'm a technicolor tiger with a mohawk and huge tusks. What's not to love?

What makes playing your class less fun? You took away my perma tree form and made it an ugly, huge ungainly looking CD. This is not fun.

I am comfortable with all my rotations on all my druids.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Troll druids specifically, I would love to see bat form land. It is very difficult to tell if you've landed now, which makes using elevators and airships difficult.

Also, another vanity point, but more customization in general. Especially,I would like to see more female looking models for worgen and troll female druids. A smaller mane and tusks for female trolls, and no mane for female worgen. Something like that.

Having boomkin and swimming forms get an update would be lovely as well. They're very outmoded compared to our sleek new feral and flight forms.

What spells do you use the least? Spells I don't use at all in any spec is Thorns (which is basically totally useless since Cata) and if I'm being honest, Innerviate. I used to use it on healers when I was DPSing, but since it was nerfed, it's basically useless period. I don't even use it on myself when I play resto/balance.
86 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Resto - PVE only

Resto - Heroics & Raids
Moonkin DPS - Questing only

n/a

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
In dps moonkin, having to look at the solar power bar thing. I think it's ridiculous I have to look to something that is not where I am fighting and distracts from my awareness. I think it was a mistake. Moonkin used to be fun, now, I almost never use it except to quest or farm.

Being in my old Tree form. Unfortunately now, it's only for a brief period of time.

Not being in permanent tree form for healing. We are no longer unique and no, I didn't want to look at my gear before and I don't want to look at my gear now. Still very disappointed in such a drastic changed forced on players.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I don't think all direct heals should refresh Lifebloom. If you are spamming a direct heal for efficiency and you do so before the Lifebloom has reached it's final tick then you miss out on a potential very large heal which could make a difference. I don't want to have to wait for a tank to be too low on health just to benefit from the tick and potential big heal.

To have my permanent tree form back.

I'm at work and I don't remember the spell name but it is the least efficient direct heal. What a waste of cast time and mana.

By the way, I typed all this out once, hit Preview and my post went away and I didn't get a preview. Had to re-write this a second time. Preview has issues.
85 Night Elf Druid
Continued from Previous post:

Eclipse is extremely frustrating when dealing with aoe. As the rotation basically requires a fixed number of spells to get into/out of each eclipse (which is a fixed amount of time), my single-target rotation can go to hell when trying to maintain decent AoE. Only being able to muster decent AoE numbers while in solar eclipse is ridiculous.

Which brings us to a second problem - there is a big difference in dps when I am able to start the fight in an eclipse (due to trash) and when I am not in an eclipse to start a fight.

This is also a HUGE issue in pvp, especially arena, where being able to do high burst is key. Boomkin just has to long of a wind up time and needing to hardcast (dont even get me started on the bugs involving 4pc pvp gear and moonfire when you start an arena match.) to set an eclipse.

This could easily be solved by giving boomkins a CD (~2 mins maybe) to auto-proc an eclipse of their choice. This would help on-demand burst (key on many boss fights), arena burst (also key), and (unless changed) aoe.

Two more issues in regard to the balance rotation.

One - Revisiting AoE again - only being able to maintain decent dmg for AoE while in solar eclipse is ridiculous. Solar is just not a big enough fraction of our rotation and to much aoe does not line up with it. Our numbers are too high if able to just stay in solar, yet to low if we are not in it. Either allow Lunar to do equal AoE or make eclipse only affect single-target nukes and dots, with AoE dmg not being affected by eclipse. I believe balance AoE would be a lot easier to adjust to an appropriate level if mushrooms, hurricane, and starfall had higher baseline dmg without taking benefit from eclipse.

Two - We need a single-target spell we can spam while moving. It really really really sucks that moonfire overrides a strong dot with a weaker dot when you spam it while moving. Preferably change how moonfire overrides an eclipsed dot for an uneclipsed dot and no new spell is needed.

Instant cast roots as a balance druid. Also would love to ...stand out less...in pvp as a balance druid. currently the kill order in a BG is Boomkin> Flag carrier > healer/s priest/warlock/ele shaman > everything else

Hurricane costs just to much mana, is not mobile if a mob is moving, and doesn't do enough dmg. Same with thorns, having to manually cast it and make a macro for each tank is a pita given its duration. Honestly I feel that thorns and hurricane should be auras that drain mana (WC3 demon hunter's immolation) and are off the GCD (even when casting a spell). While a 30-40 yard radius around the balance druid might seem OP for hurricane, just give it a 3k a second mana cost. My only concern would be particle density effect.
100 Tauren Druid
Trying this again after the forum ate my response the first time. Grr!

PvE exclusively

Heroics and dailies. A little raiding.

In balance: Survivability. It's way too easy to get overwhelmed by just a few mobs and healing spells are just too far out of reach and too weak to be an effective counter. We have some defensive measures, true, but their cooldowns limit their usefulness. What would be a dramatic improvement would be some self-healing baked into balance spells.

In general: Travel form, flight form, aquatic form are all great fun. I know non-druids hate it, but I absolutely love picking herbs in flight form. It's probably the one thing druids are still best at.
Balance is well balanced. (I know, sorry.) It has a good mix of direct damage and damage over time. A good number of utility spells. In groups it's fun to play. It just needs a bit more oomph for solo play.

Balance: As mentioned above, survivability is an issue. Another is downtime, which is also a problem caused by having to use expensive, weak healing spells. You should move Innervate back into the resto tree and just give balance an innate mana regeneration ability like other caster classes have. Tie it to the DoTs maybe.
Restoration: What can I say? I'm a healer from vanilla days. I've seen how healing (particularly druid healing) has changed over the past five years and there's just no sugar coating it. I'm not a fan of the homogenization. That aside, I'd say the biggest issue is resto needs a signature move. We need something that says "Oh it's a druid healing this group". Tree of Life used to be that. Now it just isn't. Efflorescence comes closer.

Balance: It can get a little repetitive, but not terribly so. There are some minor inconsistencies in how solar/lunar power get generated. Some spells are too situational or cumbersome to really be useful.
Resto: Harmony is a good replacement for Symbiosis. It keeps me casting direct heals spells much more frequently as I monitor the buff's uptime.

+100% speed travel form - long overdue!
Variety in shapeshifting forms - make it "tank form" and "melee form" instead of "bear form" and "cat form" and let the druid decide if they want to tank as a bear or a turtle or..I don't know...a gorilla - and choose if they want to DPS as a cat or a wolf or maybe a spider.
Baked-in self-healing and mana regeneration for Balance.

Nourish - HoTs do the job Nourish is intended for and Regrowth and Healing Touch fill in the other two niches.
Wild Mushroom - neat, but too cumbersome. better if planting them were a target proc and detonation were the only active part.
Soothe - Bring back its aggro-radius suppression!
100 Night Elf Druid
I play Resto main spec with a Moonkin spec for questing.

PvE with a Smattering of PvP

Raids and questing. I do heroics for a while after they're created, but I think the Dungeon Finder has made it a little too grindy for me and the VP aren't enough of an incentive. Usually I need guild members to go back.

Random Battlegrounds, though some day I'd love to tray a rated one.

Messages that say 'You are mounted' or 'You can't do that in shapeshift form'. I know the technology is there so that the game can deal with that issue.

Tranquility. Instant Cast Flight Form. Shapeshift utility. Mobile Healing. I must applaud the devs on making a great feeling healing class in the resto druid during Cataclysm.

I stopped playing moonkin often because I find the rotation a little clunky and not smooth. I have a hard time getting into the groove of it (I know, very subjective...). I'm generally quite happy with the druid tho.

I'm very happy with it. I can get what I need done and I am confident on using my longer cool downs while healing. I used to be scared to use my 3minute cooldowns but I've gotten over it and have become an effective healer because of it. Sometimes tho, I feel the latest Harmony mastery is a little awkward as I won't need direct healing at the time but will have to throw one in just to keep my mastery going. Btb, I'm the kind of healer that loves letting my lifebloom bloom and am not a fan of empowered touch at all (not that I'm saying every other Resto druid needs to be that way tho).

Just the few things I mentioned earlier, particularly the smoother feel for the moonkin rotation. I'm not sure I have suggestions for that but I think the devs are up to it.

As Resto: Nourish. It has the same cast time as Healing Touch. If I have that much time to do that little healing (especially considering the Cataclysm health pools), then I feel my hots will do the trick, tyvm. I know you can reduce the cast time, but I still feel that way so I don't use Nourish, ever.
As Moonkin: Starfall. I feel it's lost it's cool factor but I also feel AoE has been put on the back burner this expansion.
As Feral: Are there feral spells/abilities besides cat form prowl and dash? ;)
Overall: Cyclone and Faerie Fire (but then, I'm usually busy healing.)
Edited by Chaska on 9/12/2011 11:12 AM PDT
85 Troll Druid

What type of content do you focus on?-PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?- Raid

If PvP, what type of PvP? -Non-focus but occasional BG.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? - Having relatively cool looking gear but am unable to see it during combat.

What makes playing your class more fun? - The Boomkin feel really, having several different forms of utility to help carry the raid.

What makes playing your class less fun? - I have looked the same (or generally the same from being a nelf to tauren to worgen to troll) in each tier of content despite my gear, most of the time I can't use vanity items such as Noggen Fogger or savory delights and retain my moonkin form.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? - I really enjoy the balance bar, I have neglected to spec into the Lunar shower talent, which allows me to manage and use my eclipses states better for AoE encounters.

What’s on your wish list for your class? - Either, Make a glyph that would allow me to replace my moonkin form with an aura effect (so the visual indication is still there for other players to know that I am a balance druid in PvP) that would allow me to stay in troll caster form; or, give moonkin (and other druid forms) models that updated with gear (not saying that we "Need" moonkins running around in dresses, but shoulder updates would be nice).

What spells do you use the least? - Cower, it is the only druid threat drop and I will not run into melee range out of moonkin form to use it.
85 Troll Druid
■What type of content do you focus on?[PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

-Regulars, Heroics, outdated content to solo

-BGs, Arena

-Balance having to target the ground for spells (Mushrooms and Force of Nature)
-Facing requirement on long cast spells

-Shapeshifting to gain different abilities (I'd have moonkin and tree not require specs if I had my way, like bear and cat)

-Interupts (can't cast, ever)
-Facing requirements for spells
-Balance druids unable to break roots (Why of all specs resto gets this?)
-Cooldown on stealth, longer than rogues
-Stealth speed is extremely slow if not feral spec
-Stealth is too easily detected by everything if not feral spec
-Mushrooms being targetted on the ground, and not being detonated by proximity like traps.
-Force of Nature being targetted on the ground
-Not being able to heal in Moonkin Form (my heals are bad enough let alone having to change form)

It's great. I like the eclipse feature.

Balance to break snares
Moonkin form healing
Mushroom self detonation
Force of Nature no longer require clicking the ground
Faster stealth and less detectabilty for all druids (and less cooldown like for a rogue)
Instant Roots for Balance

Wild Mushrooms, Thorns
85 Troll Druid
I'm going to agree with the majority of the posts I read and say higher form customization. I'm excited for Transmogrification when I'm not in a feral form, but I'm in a feral form 100% of the time, unless I'm in a main city between BGs/Heroics.
95 Tauren Druid
i know im directly violating the "do not's" of this threat lol, but i was just wondering: will there be some sort of post, even if its very short, pointing out what developers thought was eye-catching in this thread and the other class threads? im sure anyone that posted here is hoping that what they say gets to developers and it would be cool if we didnt have to wait till 4.3 and 5.0 to find out if it did.
85 Troll Druid
Vivalajam - Feral Tank Druid

•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I focus only on the PvE aspect of the game.

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding is the only reason why I still play this game. Heroics are just a stepping point for the means to an end.

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
What is this PvP you speak of?

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
While adding several different form options for each race was a good start, I feel this isn't enough to distinguish us apart. Or, in other words, there isn't enough to seperate which person is a PvPer vs who is a PvEer in forms. I love the forms for their respective classes, but some of the armor sets for druids are fun to look at and I only get to see them when I'm idling around doing nothing.

What this isn't a request for: druids being able to tank/dps in caster form. Moreso, what I'm requesting is don't put so much time into druid armors if we're never going to see them. What would be better is if armor worn was applied to your forms in some way that could make the forms themselves look better. Fandral's staff was an amazing idea for changing our form, but there needs to be other ways too.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
Itemization. A feral tank relies on agility for almost everything and as such it's easy to think about when it comes to item upgrades. While "green stats" are an added bonus, the agility upgrades are really what makes an item better. I don't have to spend a lot of time "simming" to find out if an upgrade is better for me.

•What makes playing your class less fun?
RNG. Relying on one stat is fun, except that it still comes down to RNG being good to me for me to hear praise or complaining that I was either "too hard" or "too easy" to heal. The talk about making Savage Defense more of an active than a passive ability would solve this issue greatly. Or, as I've discussed with my raid mates, changing it to be a flat AP % and have mastery change the % chance on crit to be applied. While this would make itemization less fun, it would change something to be more fun. Maybe evening it out or something?

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think my rotation flows smoothly, with optimal time between what I need to be casting and when. I think that as a tank with being unhit/expertise capped that there are points where I'm cussing about it taking "X" times to get "Y" to land. But that's more of an issue with itemization vs rotation.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
A replacement for Stampeding Roar? I kid...I kid...I've actually found the ability useful on two boss fights (Rag and Staghelm.)

What I'd really like is more things with forms. Armor, appearance changes, etc.

•What spells do you use the least?
Stampeding Roar. While I've found use for it, doesn't make it not the least used.
Feral Charge (Bear). Useful once per fight while tanking (unless you're tanking adds like on Lord Rhyo and pinging around the map to pick things up.)
Feral Faerie Fire. When spec'd, cast it and forget it (unless you're on a longer than a 5min fight...or Rag transitions because removing debuffs is cool...)
100 Tauren Druid
Both
Heroics, Raids
BG's mostly
While I love the idea of the Transmogrification coming up, I feel sort of left out as a Boomkin. I would love to be able to either disable the skin of the boomkin or have boomkin form be a cooldown much like tree of life is now with resto druids. I'd love to be able to have older gear showing while I'm raiding rather than just what weapons I have. Also, being able to craft/use objects without having to shapeshift out of my current form.

Another thing would being able to use swords, I mean there might be some lore behind why they can't. But honestly, it's not like we use our weapons anyway. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to hold a sword by its handle.
The diversity of the shapeshift forms and abilities.
Ever since the changes to eclipse were made I feel that the boomkin rotation is very finely tuned and solid. I would like to see a few dps cooldowns, or maybe some sort of execute.
Being able to turn off boomkin form/re-skin of boomkin form
DPS cooldowns
Being able to use swords.
Being able to cast rebirth/tranq without having to go out of boomkin form.
Hurricane; I feel that this spell was nerfed too hard and is way too situational in aoe fights. Wild Mushroom does far more damage and can be cast while moving, I haven't used it since 4.0.
Edited by Ohgodbees on 9/12/2011 11:17 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid

PvE

Raids, tanking

---

Cast Brez and Innervate in bear form

Better DPS for bears

Spend a lot of money to see if my gear works better with survival or mitigation gemming/enchanting

Rotation is good for bears atm. Some instances have serious problems with Tab Targeting, so its a challenge for tanks

Cast Thorns Brez and innervate in bear form, better armor aestetics for bears, and please please remove the anoying nervous tic from night elf man shoulders :S

Thorns and Soothe Animal
Edited by Moonli on 9/12/2011 11:15 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
PvE

(Heroic) Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I play resto and boomkin, about equal time in normal, more resto on heroics.

My biggest issue with boomkin these days is you gave us the most useless interrupt spell ever. Am I supposed to be excited I can now interrupt once per minute? I am the most unreliable interrupt in my raid group, often forcing me to heal instead of dps. The silence affect of our interrupt is 100% useless; it never works on bosses, and has very moderate use on trash.

Boomkins could also use a drop aggro buttons--in, fact, resto druids could use one as well. I pull amazing amounts of aggro in each, and while boomkins can sustain a bit of damage, I get face #*!%d with no tree of life form now....

For resto, I mostly miss my tree form :( I agree that druids are supposed to be another form. Give me back tree form, but give us a new spell that does exactly what tree form does now. I'd also like to have a lifebloom swap; tanks are constantly switching, and having to recast my three lifeblooms on whoever is now tanking is obnoxious. It could even have like 10-15 sec cd to keep us from over-abusing it (like a lock's soulswap). Or give us a spell that lets us instantly put up 3 lb's, but on a 30-60sec cd. Something to make getting my lb's up quicker, or switching target faster. Right now it is slow and painful, and eats more GCD's than anything else we do.

Nourish and regrowth also both lack a lot of punch. My second biggest issue with resto druids is cast time. We always used to heal strictly through hots--now we need to cast to keep up, but all of our casts are slow--except for regrowth, which lacks any sort of real reliability. If I'm lucky, my nature's grace is off cd, so I can regrowth, then cast a faster HT--otherwise, I have to hope that the second healer (as you made many of the heroics requiring two-healing) can keep the tank up long enough for me to get it off.

Thorns, Hurricane

Oh and....could boomkins get a makeover? I loved what you did with kitties last expansion, it'd be nice if boomkin form got one as well :)
Edited by Whitepanther on 9/12/2011 11:15 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? Hardcore PvE, Casual PvP.
■If PvE, what type of PvE? HM Raids.
■If PvP, what type of PvP? Guild BG's (non-rated). I PvP as boomkin so no interest in arena at 85 due to inability to "hybrid" in them.
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? PvE: Feral Charge (bear) costing rage is probably the single QoL issue really. Everything else for Bear is excellent (but only 2nd best, don't nerf us!)
PvP: Boomkin's unreliable typhoon, non-existant ability to create space vs melee and eclipse not surviving through death causes a lot of pvp issues. In PvE Boomkin is solid with no major weaknesses.
■What makes playing your class more fun? High damage while tanking, excellent survivability, strong AoE.
■What makes playing your class less fun? Blizzard creating Transmogrification - 2 fingers up at most druids. Bear rage issues when geared in heroics and other content due to dodging an attack only producing 3 rage instead of a sensible amount (such as 15, limited to once every 5 seconds producing a nerf AoE but strong buff single target).
Bear and Boomkin rotations are both fine and require no change.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? Improvements to Bear rage generation - Feral charge no longer costing bears, dodging an attack producing enough rage to mangle their face.
Owlkin Frenzy to be altered from bonus damage to a 5/10/15% chance to automatically put you in an eclipse.
■What spells do you use the least? Feral - I don't tend to use thorns because of the rage dump in form-switching, perhaps making thorns like nature's grasp would be a good way to get me to use it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]