(Locked)

Balance Druid:

What type of content do you focus on?:
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]:
dailies, raids, heroics/dungeons, professions

If PvP, what type of PvP?:
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. --
None, QofL is fine. Great even.

What makes playing your class more fun? --
Blowing things up, and control. Crowd control is fun. Also, being able to do conventional things in unconventional ways is fun. Moonkin form is FUN, love it love it love it.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to run spreadsheets and/or do extensive mental calculation just to start a fight or optimise a rotation. That kind of nonsense should be left for setting up your spec and/or getting REALLY nitpicky about your gear. No costumes blows. Moonkin form needs an update like bear and cat and flight got. Moonkin needs a "hide moonkin form" glyph so the haters can see their stuff.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) --
Clunky. Awkward. Not fun. Irritating. Lumpy. Balance druids play to their "rotation", not to the needs of the fight. Artificially warping your rotation to achieve dps that everyone just "gets" isn't fun, it's infuriating. Also, having to go (relatively far) outside of commonly known WoW info channels to get the right info for how to play the spec is a sure sign that it's pretty screwed up.

What’s on your wish list for your class? --
Please, ditch eclipse. We use it because we have to, but (my experience only), it's just not fun. Admit the experiment failed and move on please. Give moonkins their stupid amounts of armor back. Let us be caster-tanks.

What spells do you use the least?
Faerie Fire. Cyclone (PVE moonkin), Hurricane.
Edited by Plainswander on 9/12/2011 11:34 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
For balance spec'd druids

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• PvE 10 player raids, pushing heroic content.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Typhoon - the knockback not working yet triggering a GCD is incredibly annoying, and I'm only talking about PvE. I can't begin to imagine the problems it causes in PvP.

Moonkin form graphic - I understand the balancing act that is updating graphics, but I think at this point, most of us would even settle for the same graphic, just higher poly counts and colors tied to hair color, like feral forms.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Druids are amazing. I love the versatility of this class - I mean, I'm a caster who can prowl!

I also like that our rotation is interesting and can change on the fly depending on what is happening. I like, to a certain extent, that I have to work at my AE damage as opposed to placing the reticule for a channeled spell and just standing there...

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• ...on the other hand, it's really frustrating to be caught in an AE situation when I'm not in solar. The big swings in my damage depending on where I am in the eclipse cycle are not fun. I understand there needs to be a difference, otherwise what's the point of eclipse? But I feel like the frustration when you're in the wrong place far outweighs the satisfaction when you're in the right place, and that leads to less fun.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• It's a huge improvement on the WotLK RNG fest that was eclipse. I actually really, really like the eclipse bar and energy mechanic. The problem is, if a moonkin gets caught outside eclipse for something important - more specifically, outside SOLAR eclipse for an AE phase, then she can except to do several thousand DPS less than she would have done inside solar.

I just want to talk about the balance between solar and lunar eclipses. The list of spells affected by solar is far longer than lunar, and so solar is inherently stronger, and there is a difference of several thousand DPS between getting caught outside of solar and inside of solar during AE phases.

Not only does it seem odd from a design theory perspective that in a system base on balancing that there would be such a big difference between the two, but also, it seems like the intent is to have us swing around back and forth between the two sides of the eclipse bar. But we have a very strong incentive -- built right into the mechanic! -- to not do that.

There have been several solutions proposed to the above by many different people:

Often, people suggest making hurricane or mushrooms or both spellstorm damage. This would make them more valuable to hit during lunar eclipse, and would go a long way to balancing out the two sides of the bar. (Of course, letting mushrooms apply E&M helped with that, too, but the damage they do in lunar is still pretty paltry.) The downside to making everything spellstorm, of course, is then that the rotation on both sides looks the same, and that gets boring.

A variation on the above theme is to just make hurricane do arcane damage. This could also work, but it needs more built into it. Hurricane, even in solar, doesn't do very good damage and costs a lot of mana. It would need a buff to increase damage and/or lower mana cost in addition to making it arcane damage for this to be a viable balancer.

Finally, lots of people have suggested a spec cooldown to take you to eclipse immediately. There are various ways it could be done, for instance, 2 different buttons sharing a CD, one to take you to solar, one to lunar. Or one button that just granted up to 200 energy in whatever direction you're headed, so it would take you to the next eclipse. The exact function and CD time, I'm not too concerned with. But the idea is that it allows us to do our normal max DPS rotation while still being able to react to an immediate need for a lot of AE.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I guess I kind of covered some of this above, but a more concise list would be:
    -Updated moonkin forms
    -A non-buggy typhoon
    -More damage balance between the 2 eclipses and/or a better way to control your eclipse state in emergencies
    -(Related to above) less punishment for being caught outside solar eclipse during AE

• What spells do you use the least?

• Hurricane
    90 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I'm largely a PvE Feral Druid, though I do enjoy occasionally messing around with PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    I enjoy Raiding the most. I think a big part of it that I enjoy is being competitive with myself using tools like World of Logs.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Mostly I have done 2v2 and 3v3 just messing around. I do poke around in random BGs with friends now and again. I don't PvP anything serious, nor have I ever really chosen pvp partners based on their skill, class, or spec to increase my odds of success. I just do it for fun and try to bring the best that I can to a match regardless of what those around me are capable of. I pretty much refuse to respec for PvP, though I don't mind changing glyphs.

I have not really gotten into rated BGs, though it is something I think I'd enjoy.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    A stun or fear that comes at nearly the same time as a form shift. Being caught in caster form as a feral druid is awful. I really wish stuns and fears would prevent you from leaving form. There's basically zero drawback to being locked into whatever form you were in during a stun or fear relative to being put into caster form.

The Primal Madness talent would definitely have to go on my list here. I don't even take the talent because I feel it's entirely too worthless of a talent to bother with the extra complexity added of managing the +20 energy and -20 energy situations that come up because of the talent. I recall toward the beginning of Cata where interrupts were so crucial in Tier 11 that this talent made me mad one too many times. Took a bit of getting used to to plan for when you would lose 20 energy in relation to when you would have to interrupt. Eventually, I just left the talent to the way side, and haven't looked back.

Rip not behaving similar to Rake in terms of being able to overwrite the previous spell. Currently, it's difficult to overwrite a previous Rip depending on procs. This is especially annoying on fights where the boss takes to the air and you want to refresh a Rip right before they take off, but find that you can't because the last Rip was a more powerful effect. If Rip could overwrite previous Rips in the same manner that Rake overwrites previous Rakes, that would be awesome.

What makes playing your class more fun?
    Currently with Feral Cat, you can prioritize reforges toward either Haste or Mastery effectively. Either style provides very similar single target DPS. Previously (before bleed nerfs), Mastery was pretty much the only option because bleeds made up such a significant portion of our damage. Now, with a high Haste build, I have thoroughly enjoyed the increased use of Ferocious Bites because the heightened energy regeneration allows me to weave bites through my rotation much more easily.

I sure hope this remains as an option to Feral in the future: being able to choose to focus on bleeds or direct attacks and either option providing similar DPS.

Not being able to weave in Ferocious Bites because it was either DPS neutral or a DPS loss to do so. I hope we never go back to that again.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I think the rotation for both Feral Cat and Bear at 85 are largely fine. I leveled my Druid long before Thrash was added to the game, so I never really had to experience low level Bear Tanking, but I hear it could probably use some work.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Maybe innervate could be changed to 8% and Thorns useable in Bear form.

I guess most of the balance offensive spells, Nourish, Regrowth, Moonglade... Claw? I don't think anyone cares all that much about these as feral!
    100 Night Elf Druid
    Lunula, Balance druid

What type of content do you focus on? PVE mainly.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids, heroic raids.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I am simultaneously so excited about transmogrification and so disappointed because it doesn't really apply to me. Don't get me wrong, because I like the Moonkin form mechanic, and I understand that applying armor to appear on our forms might be a stretch. However, updating moonkin form with a male and a female look and/or customizations, however minor (fur/feather color, etc.)? Yes, please! I'd love to look as fabulous as those bears, cats, and trees!

What makes playing your class more fun? I am a versatile jack-of-all trades. Just let me respec and I'll show you. :)

What makes playing your class less fun? Spell travel times. As an example, Ragnaros. Having to cast Wrath a few times when I have already cast the one that will put me into Lunar is quite annoying, and really the only thing that makes me angry, however nitpicky it is. Also, lacking a good on-the-move ability like Lunar Shards in its past incarnation (though I do agree it needed to be nerfed) sucks, especially with how movement intensive fights can be.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I enjoy the rotation. At first I didn't, but I think that's because I played a feral cat in Wrath. I really enjoyed the challenge of that to no end. Coming from that to the moonkin rotation in the beginning was a little bland in my opinion. However as time has gone on I do see the challenges of performing the rotation perfectly, and I like to go to the target dummy and practice when I upgrade gear or feel I could improve. The new Eclipse mechanic is also a vast improvement.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Some sort of cool-down ability other than our Treants. I love the little guys, but having something else to pop (maybe moving Owlkin Frenzy to a cool-down ability, like was suggested earlier?) to do more damage would be awesome. Additionally an execute mechanic would be excellent, even if it applied only to Starsurge. An ability to place us instantly in an eclipse would be interesting to compensate for mid-death fights. Also, the ability to be AOE-capable when not in Solar Eclipse would be nice. I can and do adapt to always being in Solar; I'm just saying it would be nice. :P I realize I might be asking for too much on this point.

What spells do you use the least? Hurricane and Soothe. (I actually use Teleport: Moonglade because I like to do Archaeology, and I use my Blessed Medallion of Karabor and my hearthstone set in Dalaran to get everywhere else. :)) Hurricane's got an atrocious mana cost with little to gain. There never really has been much of a use for Soothe--though I did use it in Outland cooking dailies to collect mana berries back in the day!
    85 Tauren Druid
    Both. I lead a casual guild through normal raids, so that gets most of my attention.

I do heroics to cap Valor only. The same heroics day after day get boring quickly.

I do non-rated battlegrounds for honor/fun. I do 2s arenas for conquest. I plan on doing rated battlegrounds soon, but haven't done truly competitive PVP since AQ40 was the place to be.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Being rooted three times in very quick succession by other druids' nature's swiftness or frost mages, I guess. That's more a pvp balance concern for all melee though.

Specifically for druids? Our self healing in form is really weak. A triple stack of lifebloom is mediocre, but rarely enough to make up for time spent out of form. I do need to make a point of stacking lifebloom in PVP while energy regenerates, however.

Versatility. It comes at the cost of having spells we can't use (like innervate which was nerfed into complete uselessness unless self-cast), but it's the draw of the class. Also, cat bombing with feral charge from miles in the air.

Poachers.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I actually liked the cat rotation a bit more in wrath when screwups were more costly. Overall though, I think the current cat rotation is a good compromise. My warlock is the only other class I really enjoy as much as cat DPS.

I don't like that thrash is part of the optimal single target rotation. Moving some of the damage from thrash to swipe wouldn't hurt. On the other hand, it would simplify an already simple single target rotation and isn't really necessary. While I prefer tanking on my DK to tanking on my druid, the druid is pretty good overall.

Domo's staff.

I'm feral/feral, so many do not apply.
    Innervate - nerfed to uselessness
    maim - I use it, but not often
    soothe - It's a good spell to have. We have multiple hunters though. I think it's a decent spell against certain classes in PVP, but I don't really use it there either.
    Challenging roar - It's been so long since I've needed this, I'd have to fish for the button it's bound to.
    Thorns - When tanking, I prefer to save rage or use enrage to thorns. I generally don't remember/care when pvping.
    100 Night Elf Druid
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mainly PvE, PvP on the side.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Casual Raiding, Lots of Heroics.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs, Usually I end up doing quite a few arenas by the end of a patch

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-I would love to have a third spec of some kind, even if it cost 100g to switch to it. I tank a lot and have decided to pvp as feral so I can dps in my pvp spec during raids where there is only 1 tank needed. I would love to have 1 tank, 1 pvp, 1 pve dps spec

-Also I would love more cosmetic stuff for druids, like Fandrals Staff, after playing a druid for 5 years I would love to have a little variety.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I think Druid tanking is at a all time high, Not the swipe spam like it was in Wotlk, very boring. I feel like my druid is on par with my other 3 tanks and I feel like its very fun and active. Skull bash was a great and needed addition. I also love the stampeding roar.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

I don't have too many issues other then cosmetic and convenient changes that I mentioned earlier. I don't really dps that often and I feel like druid tanks are in a pretty good spot right now.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like it, feels very much like the warrior tanking style which is my favorite tanking. I like the feeling that I have something im trying to keep up while maximizing Mangles, rather then swipe swipe swipe. I also really like the changes to feral dps so that when I do switch i can compete without being an amazing player like how it was in WotLK.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

-3 Specs
    -More Form changing gear (Fandrals Flamescythe) for each form
    -Transmog to keep that gears affect whn you need to replace that item.

# What spells do you use the least?

Thorns, /shrug
    85 Worgen Druid
    PvE

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    No more unlimited tree form. /sadface

We can shapeshift and every spec is good. We have the most flexibility in the game.

No unlimited tree form.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I heal. Mana regen rotation (trinkets, /pray for procs, innervate, etc.) i love. I have no resto mana trouble. The DPS and tanking rotations are faceroll as well.

Unlimited tree form and nourish again.

Nourish, Regrowth(non mana friendly, only use when trinkets/CD's are up, and Clearcasting is procced)
    90 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] : I focus on PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] : I am a Heroic Raider.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] : I do not PvP often.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. : I've always felt druids to have a very effective balance of spells and utility. However...I do wish Moonkins had a better way to heal themselves in Moonkin form. If a Moonkin strictly stays in Moonkin form the whole fight, you will do absolutely 0 healing. Could it be possible to make Moonkins have an emergency self heal that would be affected by Eclipse? Also, I enjoy the new eclipse system. It is a million times better than the Wrath model.

What makes playing your class more fun? Having the unique Druid form is nice...however the Moonkin model is very outdated.

What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to use items such as Noggenfogger Elixir in a form can be a bummer. A few items work...but not all of them yet. I also dislike when abilities are nerf'd for PvP reasons and the PvE side of things gets ignored.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) : I both like and dislike our rotation. The Moonkin Rotation relies way too much on being ready to Proc eclipse and reknew your Nature's Grace. For a fight that you might have to move a bit and then put out 10-20 seconds of burst, moonkins are at a disadvantage. I also dislike how Starsurge is slowly falling out of our rotation. After the buff to our nukes: Wrath and Starfire, this spell: Starsurge is starting to lose value. The energy gains on this spell make it only worth casting / using the proc during the Eclipse now. This sorta is a bummer because this spell was to be introduced as our "new" signature BOOM BOOM BOOM nuke. Is there a way to address it via glyph so that PvE can get its damage back while it doesn't effect PvP?

Last but not least, Moonkins 3 minute CD - Force of Nature - is one of the worst 3 minute CDs in the game. It is very lackluster and never comes off as a viable DPS cooldown. The worst aspect of it is that it does not scale with my stat increases. While a mage Combustion or Warlock Demon Soul directly scale with their stats, my Treants will only do around 70-75k damage total over their duration. This Coincides with Moonkins not having any controllable Burst.

What’s on your wish list for your class? After the Homogenization of Battle Rez and the nerf to Innervate, I would like to see Moonkins receive a bit more Utility. I am a avid supporter of the Idea known as Moonkin Eggs : These Operate like the Warlock Health Stone (A skill I'm surprised only 1 class still has even though they are an important part of progression raiding). I also would like to see another Spec / Class have the 5% spell crit debuff and I think that Moonkin would be a good spec to pick it up. The 10% spell power needs to be shared a bit more too...but that might be a bit over powered to give that to a Moonkin on top of their current buffs (then again a Warlock already does bring DI, Heathstones, 8% debuff, 10% Spell power, 5% Spell Crit Debuff). So...You can stack any buff onto us! I also would like to see our Single Target be looked at for 4.3. I have a bad feeling that because of our Multi Dot being so strong, that our single target nukes do not receive enough love -one of the key issues would be Starsurge. I also would like to see Crit mean more to Moonkins. I think the T10 4piece Languish was a perfect example to make us enjoy crit more!

I'm mainly a PvE player, so there are a good chunk of PvP spells I do not use. However, I would like to see Hurricane looked at. This spell has such limited use - almost nonexistent (Some silly Moonkin use it for 2 seconds on heroic Rag). I do like that Thorns is starting to work itself into our PvE rotation, but is there a way you can encourage its use more? One my favorite things a game can do, is add a choice in our rotation such as (Should I use thorns, or Hurricane, or MOONFIRE ALL MWAHAHAHA!) Right now...you see the last of the choices, but there's potential.

Thanks for reading my posts.
    If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] :

Arenas, RBG's.

Resto Druid survivability is near zero. If there is no peels and you don't have a trinket a 6 second stun is certain death. Every other healing class (shaman, paladin, priest) got a buff in 4.2, and druids did not. There is very little representation of resto druids in the High rated arenas.

yes, druids have hots and can eat cc if need be or avoid a good amount of it (root, poly) but heres a few changes i think would help:

regrowth heals for about 20k crits, its our "flash" heal, and it even costs twice as much as other healers'. [every other healing class' flash crits for ~40k in equivalent gear]
    solution: change nourish back to how it was at 80, make it a spammable flash.

the complaint "if we make druids too good, cyclone will be too good" so fix resto druid healability and survivability, and make cyclone for resto druids have a cooldown like hex for shamans.

i'm not saying i want my resto druid to play like a resto shaman but god damn you cannot tank anything! every other healer has double druid armor (unless youre in bear but then you're not healing!)

barkskin: not really a qq, but holy paladins give them a sprint and its a shorter cd.

every other healing class has an 'aura mastery' effect, ie: if you count grounding since it absorbs a ranged silence/ kick.

i don't know exactly what needs to be done but resto druids have little to no defensives after trinket and/or tree form is down, and even then its pretty rough unless you keep a target cloned and a target cc'd in another form the entire game. but fact is a single shadowdancing rogue can kill a druid with no trinket.

(and yes i'm posting this from my pally that i roll holy now while my druid sits bench. i played my druid several seasons at 80 and the first season at 85 and it was fine, but now t hat everyone else got a buff and they didnt, it feels very unfair and weak of a class)
    90 Troll Druid
    What type of content do you focus on?
    - PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    - Heroics/Raids

- Lack of customization in feral forms

- Feral forms, Cat feral charge

- Lack of "Boost CD" for moonkins
    - Lack of tools to make a decent DPS rotation without being on the back of the boss as a feral DPS (A.K.A We are too Shred dependent in our DPS priority list)

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    - It's ok. The problem comes with Shred. It's a great skill, and it hits for a great amount; but there's the fact that we depend on it to make a decent dps rotation, so when for random reasons we must move to the front or to the sides of a boss, we fall behind all other classes in damage and dps.

- Different cat forms for male and female players. Many girls quit playing their (feral) druids, or decide to go resto or balance because they hate how we look in cat form. Some people may think it's stupid reason, but it doesn't feel really "girly" to play with a female tauren/troll/worgen and look like a big bad hairy lion(tiger for trolls) with mane.
    - Remove or change Shred's position requirement.

- Claw
    - Hurricane
    - Thorns
    - Soothe
    90 Tauren Druid
    mainly pvp

resto/feral

resto: make nourish actually worth pressing, a decent flash heal would be great. and triple stacking lb is silly with the current target limitations.

feral is in a decent place.

90 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids - 10
    If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Arenas, BGs

Stealth Speed - its annoying that a feral druid can't go at his normal speed. For resto/balance this seems fine.

I have played each spec extensively this expansion so I will answer for each:
    1) Feral - Thrash, challenging roar
    2) Balance - balancing cooldowns, states, dots, nukes, single and multi-targets.
    3) Resto - hots in general. ToL is amazing, it doesn't just buff my spells, but rather changes my entire healing paradigm , and can be used as a massive raid healing cooldown, a tank healing cooldown, a mana-restoring cooldown, but in every case it does that by completely changing what I am doing... ToL is the best designed cooldown in WoW. Furthermore, if I use it poorly, it is a mediocre cooldown for every situation, making smart use even more essential. Every time I use ToL I feel like I had an opportunity to severely help or hinder our progression based off my play, and its a great feeling.

Not having multiple soft-caps and/or hard caps to worry about. Each of my specs worries about having "too much" of no more than 1 stat, and its wonderful for gearing.

Its also amazing that I get instant flight form - this is a huge quality of life thing I would probably quit WoW without.
    1) feral - cat dps (see rotation answer)
    2) Balance - Eclipse unbalance (see rotation)
    3) Resto - specific healing issues (see wishlist)
    1) Feral cat: This SUCKS. Its not compelling. Procs don't measurably change things. Once all my buffs are up its pretty much just sit there and wait for loot. The single target rotation is terrible. I rarely have to use the critical thinking that is required from resto and balance druids.
    2) Feral bear: This is really good. The feral bear rotation has procs that matter and stuff to do when they don't proc. It would be better if berserk lacerates mattered more, but its a shame that the compelling design is for tank instead of cat.
    3) Feral AoE: Terrible. Completely uninteresting. AoE should still involve multiple things and meaningful decisions, and neither bear nor kitty have those. No skill requirement.
    4) Balance - this is mostly excellent. Starsurge procs are fantastic and compelling, "balancing attacks" between nature and arcane is good. However, the loading of more nature than arcane spells makes this suck a lot, as does the talent sunfire. I would MUCH prefer that things balance much stronger, so that managing both eclipses matters, rather than the rotation be about enhancing solar eclipse as much as possible. The balance AoE rotation is amazing - lots of different options, all of which require skill to use.
    5) Restoration - In most cases very good. Specific issues remain, but as a whole its enjoyable.
    Feral - complete redesign of cat dps to make it interesting
    Balance - eliminate sunfire, move another aoe spell to arcane damage (hurricane or shrooms, would be ideal - gives the spec an ideal state but the alternative is different not vastly inferior). Basically restore balance to the eclipses.
    Restoration - as the "hot" specialist the druid has inferior nuke heals. This design should be carried to its extension - give druids an inferior aoe nuke heal.
    Cower, Teleport:moonglade, Claw. Of spells intended for use:
    feral: ravage
    resto: Natures Swiftness
    Balance: Hurricane
    85 Worgen Druid

Both - though more so PvE.

Mainly hardcore 25 raiding content.

Mainly Arena and Rated BGs.

Ten and 25 mans. The fact that there is no difference in terms of loot and rankings has killed many many many hardcore guilds. It's kind of disheartening when you have all the players that know their class, are working with more people, and casuals can easily beat the fights with EXTREMELY easier mechanics and claim its so easy lawlawlawl we're server first. For instance, kick rotations don't exist in 10 - due to lack of kickers? Sure. But thats much harder than relying on one person. The dps checks are far more forgiving. There are many more gripes but I'm sure you've heard them all.

The challenging pve rotation. Having utility. Being able to pop CDs and emergency tank while the tanks are being rezed or to save the raid from a 5% wipe.

Feral charge cat. Seriously. It's part of our max dps rotation but in almost every heroic encounter it can get you outright killed and there is NOTHING you can do about it. See Sinestra's lava. Rag's Magma. Ali'kier - it just plain doesn't work. In all of these cases bear and warrior charge work though!

I love my rotation. I feel it does enough damage when you do it wrong to keep the casuals happy, and rewards enough when played right that it keeps you interested in hardcore raiding. I do feel that the last 2 4 sets have drastically changed our rotations - im not sure if that was intentional to spice things up though.

I wish we could shapeshift out of roots again. But perhaps another CD such as roar and dash. Once a minute just isn't enough vs mage OR resto druid teams in arena. Perhaps something like how we avoid hibernate or scare beast? Go caster so we can shift out - but if in cat we're suck?

Claw. Cower to a point - I never use it in raiding but I spam it all day in PuGs and still pull. Feral innervate. Never used in combat. Ever.
    Edited by Misslexi on 9/12/2011 11:39 AM PDT
    90 Tauren Druid
    09/12/2011 09:35 AMPosted by Arielle
    Both

Raiding.

Biggest quality issue would be that of not having a tree form. I feel that it made our class.

Being able to heal on the run. Not having to sto[ and cast. But being able to HoT everyone and be able to move.

Well the thing that gets me is that there really isn't a rotation per se. All you really have to do is WG. Then put up LB. But WG is basically the main heal. Any person can go in a raid spam WG and out heal people that are decked out in gear. To me there has to be something else.

There really isn't one.

Permanent Tree form. Maybe a buff to nourish so its actually useable. and doesn't suck.

NOURISH. I use mushrooms more than I do nourish because it's not effective.
    Ok something needs to be done with us druid we HAVE FOUR OPTIONS for our toon we have feral dps feral tank boomkin dps ,and lastly but not least we have restoration <3....ok with that being said.... How many class's have FOUR?!?!?! did he just say four?!?!?.... oh yes he did.... thats right we have FOUR options on spec's ITS TIME TO MAKE FERAL TANK ONLY REMOVE CAT FORM FROM THE GAME MAKE BOOMKIN THE DPS SPEC AND RESTORATION THE HEALING SPEC.... Feral SHOULD NOT i repeat SHOULD NOT be able to even THINK about doing DPS they need to be MADE TANK ONLY... whos with me?
    That solves no problems and creates more. Also, not sure if trolling, or just very stupid.

The answer is not to take away something a large section of the druid class loves. The answer is to give BOTH 'druid dps' trees a tanking option.
    85 Troll Druid
    Both

All content

BG's for fun

Not really quality of life, but gearing a druid is very strange vs other classes. Fighting off every single class that can use our armor/weapons/trinkets/rings and neck kinda makes life interesting.

I think the one thing that really annoyed me, and made me start all my other characters was when perma treeform was taken out of the game. I agree with the few other posters on here that druids should be in forms, that was their intended purpose, the shapeshifting. While I do like the looks of some of the armor, it has never been an issue of being in a
    raid environment and yelling at my screen "I NEED TO SEE MY ARMOR WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME" while im in a fight.

I used "stack on the tree" or "get on the bear's butt" alot while raiding. why? its because it was one of the most recognizable things in a raid environment. You always knew where a druid was because they stood out. It was also one of the more fun things about playing a druid was "ha ha, you cant change forms".

New models, or interchangable ones would be a great idea and something i think should be looked into. Changing the color of your druid is all well and fine, but having the old treeform back would be ideal. Showing armor on bears, cats and chickens would be most interesting. Making a potion to change your flight form into a model of one of the mounts that you currently own would be interesting as well, and a good money maker for some.

Actually having the ability and the balance to use all my specs and have them competitive with other classes.

One of my favorite quotes is "We are 5 seconds away from doing your job better than you" Which is fairly true in most cases but a good player is leading those 5 seconds and everyone else is following no matter what your class. But being an effective tank/melee&ranged dps/healer is honestly why i love my druid. I can do anything and everything and none of it gets boring, there are enough options and complexity to keep the game alive in a druid and i hope it stays that way.

stunlock

As a resto druid, I liked having to actually think about our mastery before it was "fixed". Being able to track your mastery by using hot timers, raid frames, and thinking about what spell should be cast when and where, was one of the few things i enjoyed about raiding and playing a resto druid.

The change to our mastery being a set buff that needs to be refreshed with a direct heal, while a nice concept, made the class less fun to play. It is forcing a rotation onto people new to the class/spec that i think they should have to learn through trial and error. Most encounters will require you to use your direct healing, but to have that direct healing put on you by your mastery to make you a better healer using hots is something i dont think should have been put into the game. It makes druid healing brainless compared to how it was before.

Before the change to our mastery, we had to think about what hots were on whom, which hots/spells would get a buff and to time our healing and refreshing to that, it made you think and i particularly enjoyed it. As long as we did a fewcertain things we didnt really have a set rotation(in cata)

I honestly think that the difficulty in playing a druid, of any spec, or any class in particular, has been severely reduced. but thats another thread.

Resto, id like to see something done with regrowth. It is an expensive spell that i rarely use in pve or pvp(the cast time gives a chance for interrupts) and i only ever use it in treeform, and even then like 2% of the time only in pvp.

The idea for the regrowth is a very good one, a direct heal with a short hot on the end of it, but i think its benefits and concept could be rolled over into nourish or HT. This would give those 2 spells more utility, and make them a stronger option in both pve and pvp, rather than having them as spells to only keep your mastery up with.

If its rolled into nourish, you can lengthen the hot time and have the hot heal for a longer duration and it could heal for x amount depending on how you specced for it. On HT it would heal for a shorter duration with a stronger hot, and neither of those hots could be used with swiftmend to give them a little balance.

You would also keep the cast time reduction of nourish if x amount of hots are up.

regrowth
    87 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs, Arena

Would love to finally see druids being able to showcase our armor while in form, its been talked about for ages, I obviously is not easy to do, but there are many druids out there who are tired at staring at the same backside of a bear for hours on end.

The mobility of druids really makes them fun to play, no question there are other great things, but for me the mobility has always been the draw. The druid form mechanics make it more challenging and perhaps more difficult to take full advantage of our "hybridness" but also more fun.

Losing a lot of our mobility and elusiveness in the recent rework has been extremely frustrating, the core of the class has always been (to me at least) the ability to move around almost no matter what is done to us. We sacrificed many benefits of other classes on the alter of mobility, but now that has been limited and despite the nice goodies that have been offered in exchange, I'll take my old druid mobility any day.

I miss tree form =(

The feral rotation is great, seems very well balanced with the right amount of cooldowns and base attack. The balance spec rotations is dynamic and requires far more attention to maintain than other casters imo, and there seems to be a delay when switching from one eclipse state to the other. I suppose its fun, but I feel like it could be smoother.

1. More mobility, more resistance to complete CC lockdown in PvP
    2. Would love to be able to carry passengers with flight form
    3. Bring back tree form!
    4. Would be great to be able to modify the appearance of ALL druid forms
    5. Smoother rage generation mechanics for bears would make tanking a lot more enjoyable
    6. Faster mushroom placement method (shorter GCD?), or shorter detonation cooldown
    7. Instant Roots (EDIT)

-Cower (WTB vanish? fade?)
    -Claw (just make this morph into Mangle at whatever level so it doesn't rot alone and unused in our spellbooks)

PS: Who are these people who don't use Teleport: Moonglade? I love that spell (really)
    Edited by Zade on 9/12/2011 4:18 PM PDT
    100 Worgen Druid
    The type of content I focus on is mainly PVE (heroics, raiding, and questing) with a dash of PVP (meaning when I am in the mood or need the Honor points).

A large quality of live improvement for the Balance Druid would be to increase the amount of points Wrath and Starfire generate for the balance bar or remove the bar completely. Also Faerie Fire should not stack, instead allow players to have the max debuff from the beginning.

What makes playing the Druid class fun the variety of abilities and forms they have.
    What makes the Druid less fun is the large amount of changes done to the balance tree. I have been playing a Balance druid since BC and I have felt that in many ways I am being penalized for playing this spec in Cata. PVP has basically become a nightmare for boomkins. To maximize the damage a boomkin can produce I am forced to cast very slow spells (Starfire) multiple times till I can activate the bonus for Wrath and in that time frame my chances to surivive are very low. Again I feel Blizzard is telling me I am bad for trying to play as a Moonkin in PVE and PVP settings while I was under the idea I could play any class and any spec the way I wanted to.

The Rotation for Balance druids is to slow and very stale. The new design is too costly when it comes to the speed of the spells. Again removing the balance bar (returning to how the druid was pre 4.0) or increase the amount of points each spell generates.

My wish list for the Druid class is just basic cosmetics. First (this is actually for every class since it relies with glyphs) make a vanity section in the Glyph book. Since the appearance of objects does not effect the abilities or other functions it seems rather pointless to waste space in the minor glyph section. Second reduce the speed of the druid's travel form by 10% and allow it to be used in-doors (akin to the Shamans ghost wolf). Third give the druids an actual travel form with speeds comparable to that of a mount (and please by all means make it look like Malorne). This form should only be used in areas that allow mounts and use of this form will not allow players to carry any flags in BG's. Finally, please change the way the travel, Moonkin and aquatic form look. If nothing else please, please change the aquatic forms look. A vampire seal is just wrong.
    And finally the spell which I use the least is Thorns.
    85 Night Elf Druid
    •What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Normal raids

•If PvP, what type of PvP?
    N/A

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I miss tree form, but that's a personal preference and has been beaten to death by many people - druids = shifting, if you want to heal and see your armor roll a priest, pally, or shaman.
    Nerf to innervate was a quality of life detractor; it was great to have as a useful cd for the raid that wasn't throughput related, and I loved having to choose who to use it on. I liked feeling that I could help other healers or dps as needed and have it actually do something, or decide to use it myself if I thought it would benefit the raid more. Now it's just "use innervate on CD when < 80% mana."
    I also think that our throughput basis could be a QoL problem depending on where fights or other classes go. And our ability to heal a single target up quickly is limited, which can have the side effect of heart palpitations, near-anxiety attacks, and the repurchasing of keyboards to replace ones thrown out the window or slammed on the desk.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
    Forms and shifting. Having so many cool abilities and spells. Being able to do so many things, albeit none (other than the talent tree you're in) to a good degree it can still be fun or useful at times. And heck, dancing in forms is fun, or having druid form parties.

•What makes playing your class less fun?
    Being stuck in night elf form. Feeling really stressed out when someone needs to be topped off quickly and you're throwing everything you have at it but it's not making a difference. When I'm a boomkin (which is rare nowadays because I don't find it fun), the rotation is pretty boring and I personally don't really like eclipse managing. It feels too rigid, or forced.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I like that I basically don't have a rotation, and have to react and use different things depending on the situation and what will happen in the fight in question. I love keeping LB stacks on but rarely letting it bloom if needed, swiftmending on CD, but try to use it where Efflorescence would benefit the most ("stand in the green! stand in the green!"), picking b/w rejuv & wild growth, nourish & ht, I like it all.
    As boomkin I think the rotation is boring and I don't use a ton of abilities (even though I do, I guess it's just more set in stone that you use them off CD).

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Some sort of protective CD for others, or if we're going to continue to be the one-and-only throughput machines, have our single target heals hit for more. We can't get someone up quickly enough after a big hit, compared to other classes.

•What spells do you use the least?
    That's part of the healing repertoire? Honestly it's ToL, I even use Brezz more. Saving it for when it's "really needed" usually results in it either not being used or being used at the end of the fight "just because." I think I actually use it a higher % of the time when I need to provide additional dps, vs. healing.
    That is not part of the healing repertoire? Some feral ability, maybe Cower or Swipe or something like that. I actually use Teleport: Moonglade pretty frequently - if I want to get to northern Kalimdor quickly, especially Darnassus for dailies sometimes or just because it's a cool city (I miss Darnassus!!!!!) or even SW because my hearth is set to the Argent Tourney.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]