Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

100 Tauren Druid
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Primarily raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Primarily BG's, though I do rated BG's from time to time. I HATE arena with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Feral (Tank):
An indicator for 3 stacks of lacerate on a mob to pulverize would be nice.
Also, Savage defense only having a 50% chance to proc on each crit really blows unless you're hitting a whole bunch of mobs at a time (i.e. swipe-thrash-swipe on aoe pulls)
Resto: Our Regrowth does not heal for very much compared to other classes flash heals.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I like the extremely flexible playstyle of druids, where one minute you can be tanking, another you can dps, then with a quick respec, you can heal.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Constant energy starvation in cat form, only one burst of energy every 30 seconds.
I miss permanent tree form, especially now that you've made it ten times cooler looking.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
From what I hear, cat form's rotation is still pretty "JOHN <expletive>ING MADDEN", just not nearly as much as it was before the revamp to savage roar.
Bear form's aoe rotation is extremely faceroll. (Swipe-thrash-swipe-filler-swipe-thrash...) I'm not sure how one would go about fixing it though. Increasing the damage and cooldown means straggling mobs are far more likely to get away while we are unable to aoe.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I'd like to see a way to use Predator's Swiftness procs for offensive abilities rather than healing or CC. (Wrath being boosted by AP or PS causing wrath's damage to be multiplied by 10?)
I'd also like a way to see thorns usable in feral forms, so feral tanks don't need to risk getting instagibbed to put up one of their damage increasing cooldowns.
Thorns doing damage even if an entire attack is absorbed. Thorns doesn't mesh well with feral tanks or healers that "heal" primarily through shields.

What spells do you use the least?
I find that I don't use Hibernate very often anywhere, since most trash mobs in the current instances are not beasts or dragonkin. (Only Grim Batol comes to mind)
I don't get to use thorns very much either as a tank, since most of the time I have to be in bear form.
Edited by Etamalgren on 9/12/2011 9:49 AM PDT
Both but mostly BGs both as resto

Heroics

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Lack of threat drop and lack of some sort of tank damage mitigation. Also lack of permanent treeform option (looks only). Also multi target lifebloom would be nice, with a drawback of course (such as increased mana cost per target or something) <-- all as resto.

Sheer amount of healing I can do as a druid is impressive

Being stun locked with no way out, in PvE aoe healing due to people standing in the wrong thing is sometimes unhealable as a druid. (I know it's their fault but I dont like being yelled at D:)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like not having a fixed rotation as such

Multi lifebloom, in-door travel form, cosmetic perma treeform, and a tank cd of some sort (nothing like pain supression but something like ancestral healing maybe =\).

In PvP nourish, mostly because for the time it takes to cast it's overall heal isnt worth it.
90 Worgen Druid

•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] ---- Both Balance pvE, pvP .. and some Feral pvE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] --- Raids

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] ---All

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. ------Boomkin pvp needs alot of work ... Need to remove mookin as it just makes u a big Target and we have no get out of jail ability

•What makes playing your class more fun? Very unique play style

•What makes playing your class less fun? PvP we just need more def so we are not the skip Healer kill target hes squishy all time.....

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) we need alot of love on Lunar side of eclypse ... solor and shroom fine but if u hit an aoe spot and are in lunar or heading to it we are no longer compeditive with other classes

•What’s on your wish list for your class? Remove owlkin form ... make trents a cast spell not a placed spell ... More Def abilitys or get out of jail stuff for pvp like mages have .... smooth our the balance in solar and lunar ...

•What spells do you use the least
Hurricane to much mana hog for little dmg it does ...
85 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I actually rarely do heroics anymore, unless I need to cap valor. Raids are where my the PvE part of my heart lies.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Again, all three, though I don't do RBGs are much as I would like.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

...my personal quality-of-life issues? It would make me be angryface less if when Primal Madness dropped, I wouldn't lose all of my energy I have at that moment (it likes to remove all your energy so you're at 20).
Perhaps if, when I tanked, I didn't feel so squishy right at the start of the fight.
As a moonkin, the extreme vunerability that comes with having to cast, and feeling like I'm required to cast to get anywhere worthwhile.
I also find shapeshifting eating up an entire GCD in which we can not use an attack or spell a little ridiculous since it no longer removes roots (unless going in/out of moonkin or are resto, obviously).
I think the inability, as restoration, to switch all of my hots/stacks of lifebloom from one target to another quickly (speaking more in a pvp environment) to be frustrating too, and might lead to a quality-of-life improvement if changed.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I'm a nerd for shapeshifting. And I like feeling useful: I respec a lot, and try to keep up-to-date on all of the druid specs so I can play every one, depending on what my raid or pvp partners need at the moment.
But I also love how so many of my abilities from my other specs, though obviously no where near as possible, can be used while in a totally different spec (using tranquility while specced as cat, for example).

# What makes playing your class less fun?

I'm not sure how to answer this. I love my druid to death, though there are things that a community can say or do that makes me hate myself for the class I decided I love the most and want to play.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As feral dps? I kind of miss the "rotation" I had at the end of ICC, when armor penetration was king, and you were vastly rewarded for sneaking in as many ferocious bites as possible into the fight while juggling everything else.
As moonkin? As neat as solar/lunar energy is, it just feels kind of bland. That is only my personal opinion. So linear. Maybe if it was possible to manipulate the lunar/solar energy more.
Tank? No opinion really, I don't think a tank rotation should be so complicated they can't keep an eye on their health, resources, positioning, so on and so forth.
Heal? I enjoy it. That's all.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would like to feel more like a shapeshifter, and rather not feel like I'm penalized for shapeshifting... or that it is a chore (for example, a moonkin getting out of roots can only shift in and out of ONE form to cancel those roots).
This goes more for pve than pvp (since in pvp it seems a druid who doesn't utilize their other forms is doomed to a painful, gorey death). While raiding as feral, I am pretty much confined to the cat form for the entire encounter, beyond maybe a battle rez. No reason to shift out to give someone a pathetic, measely 5k innervate. Hell, with 4p T11, it was actually stupid to change shape at all, because it meant dropping your 4p buff which was a pain to keep up.

# What spells do you use the least?

Really depends on the spec you play, no?
As a tank, I almost never, ever use rebirth. And I don't even think about touching innervate, tranquility, soothe, or for that matter any spell. Cat forms abilities, however, great for when awaiting your add or turn to taunt.
Cat? Rarely use innervate, never touch spells or heals (in pve, pvp is a different story).
Balance? Cat form, bear form ( ;) ).
Restoration? See balance.
All of them? Thorns. It is a great spell, don't get me wrong, but the mana cost is ridiculous, and shifting out of cat form to use it on a tank usually isn't worth the GCD (beyond some encounters), and if you shift out of bear form to use it... well, hopefully the boss has a nice, long swing timer and isn't about to cream you in the face.
Also, Wild Mushrooms (sans balance. Only that one spec finds them worthwhile).

Note: I felt like I should respond because this is the only class I think I'll ever play, and I do enjoy every single spec. I'm not a theorycrafter, I'm not in the high-end of the druid world, I'm not a gladiator, and I'm not a hardcore end-game heroic mode raider.
I just felt like the average-joe's thoughts might be helpful.
Edited by Claw on 9/12/2011 9:44 AM PDT
Bear PVE'r,

Raiding, Heroics,

I occasionally pvp Arena's when asked by friends, though not my main interest, occasionally BG if i had a dungeon deserter buff.

As a bear, I don't like how challenging roar almost always fails to work as a taunt as it's implied. I would like to keep aggro after using it,
Ragestarved moments in bear also seem to be a killer, as much as i understand feral charge is for ferals, warrior charge is for warriors, i am extremely jealous of the fact warriors use charge and gain rage, yet we use charge and spend rage, for ragestarted moments, like at the start of an instance this can be extremely frusterating, having that one extra rage generation tool would be a massive quality of life improvement for us bears.
As a tree, I like where we are at the moment, but ToL imo should be off the gcd,
The glyph of swiftmend atm is mandatory for any viable resto druid, it would be better if the consumption effect of swiftmend was removed, and the glyph changed/removed in place for something else
A absorb effect for resto would be nice, as we do alot of overhealing already, I had an idea a long time ago, that living seed could be improved by being an absorb, as now i see it very lackluster, if my targets topped out that seed does very little.

I feel some people are going to say 'we need perma tree form' and i would like to use my post to say No, we dont need a purely aesthetic change, just to please some people

I like the being able to fill any role, 'shifting' to suit any occasion, versatility, RP, Lore, having three different resources in different forms, bieng a non-plate tank. Our Healing style, our feral dps style, being able to stealth, and flight form,

I sometimes not being able to see my armor, but this is maybe one day out of the year, i would like to be able to use costumes in form, Leyara's locket proved this was possible, but for that one day of the year i get tired of looking at my big bear butt, this would be nice.
Being sat out of a raid for a different class is sometimes 'less fun' i know its because other people dont understand my class like i do, But because we dont have a 'raid cooldown' like shieldwall, the average joe player thinks we bring less to the raid setting compared to a Pally, or Warrior

I highly enjoy my 'rotation' as a bear, i like being one of the highest outputting dps, i especially like being able to go catform when needed, i dont see anything needing a change about my feral rotation, if its not broke dont fix it blizz!!
I feel the same way about resto

I definately think feral cats need a way to reapply combo points to a new target, similarly to how a rogue redirects, or at the very least, be able to use a finisher such as rip/FB, even if the combo points being used are not on the target (like how combo points can be consumed for Slice n Dice, Recup, or Savage roar from a corpse/previous target) to put a rip/FB on a fresh target
Similarly, Resto needs a way to be able to switch lifebloom targets, even if it needs a ramp up time, such as if rolling lifeblooms on target A, cast spell 'x' on target B that for the next ten seconds, allows target B to be affected by lifebloom, without discharging LB's on target A, spell 'x' having an appropriate cd
A way to break fear or stuns, as far as i know, every other tank can do this somehow.
As implied from my other answers, a raidwide utility for bears would be nice, and a mitigation ability for resto, but it is only a wishlist, its not needed

I dont think there are any spells i dont use a whole lot, the only one i can think of is Soothe, but i do use it when i can, i would like to see soothe also work similarly to 'hand of salvation' though, lowering a targets threat, that would be a good way to increase its utility, and may be the comprimise for resto druids not having a mitigation/absorb ability
Teleport: Moonglade might actual get cast if there was an easier way to leave!

Thanks so much for blizz creating this thread, it was long overdue! Just knowing that you are going to thoroughly read peoples input, and suggestions is very encouraging!
Edited by Icevenom on 9/12/2011 11:12 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid

Both

Heroics, normal pug raids

Arenas and random and rated bgs

If I shift while being stunned I end up in caster. Shifting to form is a spell, out of form is a cancel aura essentially so it is easy to eat a CC as you do something, due to latency etc.

Mobility and actually being able to activly counter things. (barkskin while stunned, while you are CCed, is still activly playing your character.

Fear abuse, we lost fear immunity from berserk and now good locks control me, the mage snare solution where we have 2 outs on medium cooldown is as even a matchup as I have seen.

Hunters and druids should not have unique feral CC. (Hibernate / Scare beast)

It was overyly simplified for PvE, but Primal Madness is horrible beyond belief. It actually can be a net loss unless you activate TB /Berserk correctly.

Less reliance on rng, slightly better energy regen. Going energy starved doesn't make the rotation harder, just more annoying. If you are going to make me shift into caster, to consume a spell, offer me some protection. Make Cyclone dispellable and give it the range of all other CC.

Soothe. Mushrooms. regrowth. lolclaw. teleport moonglade. Anything in the balance tree

Innervate is a waste for a feral to bother with.
I focus on PvE in a serious raiding enviroment, I enjoy BG PvP.

25 man raiding

BGs

Being able to tank while raid leading. While feral druids a lmited "active mitigation" basically keeping up demo roar/pulverize for better SD uptime, its enough to keep it interesting while being able to focus on the rest of the raid and the encounter itself

Flexibility out of raids, simplicity in raids. The thing I miss the most when I am on alts, epic fight form, it is really addictive

Staring at the same model for 6 years. Not as many tools when fulfilling a MT position. Weak SD procs (50% on a ~45% crit chance is too random, i would rather a smaller shield just dependent on crit)

I like it the way it is, it would be cool if pulverize was more involved on active mitigation.. maybe a 24% increased chance of proccing SD instead of 12% crit, or pulverize increases mastery by some percentage of attack power

new models, tier armor influencing model, a little more active mitigation, dual wielding (could make kitties more interesting), mining/skinning in flight form, a raid wide defensive cd for bear (make rallying cry a prot only ability to limit non tank/dps raid cd's). I wold like to hela myslef to full without it taking 15 seconds and a complete mana bar

anything in the balance tree
90 Worgen Druid
    PvE

Raiding. Specifically competitive hardcore raiding.

n/a

As a Bear - Rage Generation as you outgear content is extremely poor. Even withholding Maul, when doing the normal rotation against a group or a boss, we often have to stop pressing specials to generate enough rage. 5 rage from crit and 3 rage from dodging does not meet the demands of the rotation. This is even more obvious on single targets when we end up dodging many of the attacks. It's almost better to turn around and get hit for the rage/vengeance at that point. I did that in Wrath when rage was much less of a concern. Though threat is not a concern anymore, not being able to push buttons because I'm avoiding too much or have too much physical damage reduction is not fun.

Bear 2 - Faerie Fire (Feral) and Demoralizing Roar being on Spell Hit. I cannot express how unbelievably frustrating it is to have those miss again and again because I have nowhere near 17% hit. I shouldn't have to be punished because Demo Roar misses 4-5 times in a row - I'm not attacking with everything I have to get up Savage Defense AND the boss is doing 10% more physical damage during that time. For FFF, it's our ranged pull. A higher chance to miss on that can be a pain as well, though not nearly as bad as Demo Roar.

As a Cat - Combo point transferring. Multi-target fights with hard, fast switches punishes feral DPS, even with proper planning and energy pooling. Even when we are available to refresh Savage Roar on a dead target(which is a waste of energy depending on SR's time left, but at that point, the CPs are a waste so it's better than nothing), not being able to transfer CPs is very rough and quite frustrating. An example of this would be being on the legs for Rhyolith. Our driver frequently calls for hard switches, and if I've built CPs on the opposite leg, I have to start over again on the other leg quickly to get the required DPS in to turn the boss.

Being able to use everything in a Feral Druid's arsenal makes this class very fun for me. I enjoy being able to tank while throwing in cat DPS when I can to make my DPS useful. I love that I'm able to gem for agility, gear how I desire to fit my playstyle or the needs of the raid, and not be punished for it as a tank. I also love how every stat a Bear has helps its defense in some way, even if it's incredibly minor (such as with Haste).

I dislike feeling trapped in form for things like Battle Rez and Innervate. While attempting to squeeze in a rez between swings or boss abilities can be challenging and fun, if a Rez is needed right then and there, and I'm the only option, it's incredibly damning to the raid that I can't perform that need on the fly. The other Tank isn't going to always be available to taunt the boss/mobs off me so that I may do so, and he might be the one needing a rez.

Bear - I hold no issue with the rotation. The interaction with Pulverize and Lacerate makes it interesting. The priority for max TPS/DPS is engaging enough for me without being overly complicated and cumbersome. I don't believe we need another button to push in that regard. The only issue I have with our damage isn't part of the rotation, however, but the uncontrollable damage from Fury Swipes. It does not proc Savage Defense, nor Clearcasting, and before the threat changes, whether or not we got a Fury Swipes proc/crit would occasionally mean the difference between keeping threat and losing it.

A more comprehensive system for Savage Defense. Making it less RNG and more controllable would be fantastic.

FFF and Demo Roar being removed from Spell Hit. Demo Roar especially.

Pulverize "stacks" being thrown onto Predatory Swiftness, such that Bears would be able to use Rebirth in a global, and not have to cast it. Or make it so that Bear Pred Swift ONLY affects Rebirth so as not to mess with PvP.

Anything that's not Feral Specific. I use everything, including Stampeding Roar (I love that ability, btw), on a regular basis while raiding. I suppose I don't use Feral Charge all that often due to Rage cost, but there isn't a significant need for me to use it much in raids.
Edited by Reesi on 9/12/2011 2:28 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heal heroic raids

A trackable buff/debuff so we can monitor Nature's Grace cooldown.
Tree Form out of gcd would be helpfull since spending a gcd to use when we need is sometimes dangerous.

Good amount of tools to heal. A good number of cooldowns to help that have to be well managed.

No power to prevent a tank death once in a while = no tank cooldown. However I see that as a necessary disadvantage considering how strong we are on bringin the raid back up. Maybe something that shares cooldown with tranquility.

No rotation besides "keep 3 stacks of Lifebloom up".

A tank cd. However, read above.

Among healing spells, now with better gear, probably nourish.
85 Troll Druid
TG

PvE

Heroic Raids

Not having a reliable threat drop mechanic is pretty limiting. Especially if you happen to have to PUG a raid or heroic dungeon. I always have to hold back for the most part.

If you could incorporate something like a hunter's Feign Death for ferals, that would be amazing. Something like "Play Dead", hah.

Feral ramp up time is pretty slow. You've been creating fights that require fast target switching (Rhyolith, Alysrazor initiates, Spirit of the Flames on Majordomo, etc). We can't keep up with other DPS that are more capable of doing target switching. If we could somehow reliably transfer combo points or something, it would be pretty nice.

Another thing is armor. As a Feral Cat my only option to look like I do heroic mode raiding is to get the Majordomo Staghelm staff (to be a fire cat). It's not my Best-in-Slot (only by a little bit, though). It would be nice if it were possible to have some sort of armor for the various druid forms. I believe your previous rationale for not having the helmet and shoulders available via the "points" system was that they're the most visible aspects of the tier. I just wish that getting the helm and shoulder tokens meant more for druids.

Having to shift out of form to enchant or make gems is sort of inconvenient as well.

Casting Rebirth makes you shift out. As long as you don't make another armor set or proc disappear like Strength of the Panther did (T11 4-piece) when you shifted out of cat form, it'll be fine, though.

I like the class because I automatically have the option of pretty much being able to fulfill any role in the raid.

Having to be behind the boss to do average DPS is sort of disheartening. We already aren't really on par with other DPS classes, but there are fights like Ragnaros where our DPS plummets because we can't use Shred.

The current druid rotation is very simplistic. I enjoyed the ICC "rotation" much more.

- Feral DPS LEGENDARY?! :D
- Better threat drop
- Druid Form armor
-

- Claw
- Aquatic Form
Edited by Ozai on 9/12/2011 9:50 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All, minus Raid Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Not being able to see gear in form, but that isn't that big of a deal.
Not being able to do certain things in "shapeshift" form
■What makes playing your class more fun?
It is a BOOMKIN

■What makes playing your class less fun?
It is a BOOMKIN( in arenas mainly- all else is okay)
Haven't tried lately, but not having Boomkin raid/group buff when I use Noggenfogger, etc...did stink.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think the rotation is solid, getting to an "eclipse" seems long, moreso pvp.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Faster/better dps as boomy in arena, and some survivability would be a bonus.

■What spells do you use the least?
Teleport: Moonglade

All my stuff is minor I think overall Blizz has done a good job with Boomkins
PvE

Mostly heroics, raids when I can. A lot of soloing old content, and trying to solo new content, like cata instances.

Probably that I cannot use portals and remain in flight form, while my other toons do not get dismounted when using them. Also, I'd love to be able to customize my bear form and cat form a little more.

I'm a druid :) What's not fun about forms?

Knowing my tank will be affected by things that are nerfed because of PvP. Everytime I see a "Nerf ferals, cats are too OP!" thread, I start to wonder if this means another round of "balancing" for me.

I'm pretty happy with it right now. As a bear, I use plenty of cooldowns all the time, which adds to the things I need to watch for/react to. If I just used attacks, then my rotation would be boring.

Powershifting from roots/a fear break. I know these were removed due to PvP, but they were very handy for me as a PvE tank. Keeping the mob where I dragged it to, and under control was the biggest loss I suffered during the loss of these abilities. An example is the core hounds in Firelands. I take my role as a tank fairly seriously, and take responsibility when they fear me, then breathe fire, killing people. The breaking fear ability would help me keep it facing the way I want it, thus under control. Also, if possible, I'd like to have a PvP tree put in, so my almost exclusively PvE bear will stop being affected by nerfs aimed at PvP cats.

There are no bear form spells I don't use. I'd say Thorns was the one I used to use, that I don't anymore.
Edited by Grimslaide on 9/12/2011 9:58 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid

What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? limited arena/bg

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Being limited to two specs is the only thing that comes to mind.

What makes playing your class more fun? The versatility of the druid class. It is nice to able to move between all of the primary raiding roles without changing characters.

What makes playing your class less fun? The lack of ability to customize the appearance of the various druid forms.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Healing rotation is quite nice. Moonkin rotation requires us to sit on our resources too much (stay in solar eclipse for AE). Bear rotation is rather dull. Cat rotation would benefit from increased energy regeneration to prevent downtime where we watch our auto-attacks.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Customizable cat/bear/moonkin/tree forms. A more active approach to bear tanking. Some change in balance ae rotation to no longer favor sitting in solar eclipse. Increased energy regeneration in cat form or some ability to use when I am out of energy.

What spells do you use the least? Teleport moonglade, Nourish in this patch, root.
100 Troll Druid
I'm sorry for bot following the format, I am on a smart phone and copy/paste is iffy to say the least.

First off I am very glad to see such an interest in class feedback and the imlplications that this will have on 4.3

My focus of play is heroic raiding, though I do dabble in RBGs.

The biggest QoL issue that I can see on the negative side is Typhoon. It is a fantastic spell. In fact it is the main spell for pvp that keeps us from getting our faces eaten and a great utility on certain boss fights(and practically required on those when pushing progression). However, it is bugged. Ever since sometime in 3.0 it stopped showing the graphic most of the time. Now, since 4.0, it decides to not work at all and to eat a GCD. No knockback, no damage, nothing. Fixing this would be a huge QoL improvement.

On the other hand the plus side on QoL is the new eclipse mechanic. Having damage not tied to chance is great in both pve and pvp. Really nice job and a major improvement over the wrath system.

I may edit this later.
85 Tauren Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics mostly but I did raid a little bit and will be raiding again soon.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The biggest issue i have is looking at the same model over and over. Im a feral dps and i realize we have the staff to make us a fire cat, however i feel there should be glyphs that do the same thing. I like the armor idea for bears and cats too, however I beleive anything like this should be optional so you can see the normal model without armor if you want. It just seems odd that shamans get a glyph for wolf form and druids dont get anything.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I love feral, and i love insta travel forms. The mobility of a feral druid is what makes it fun for me.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

The fact i have to look at the same old cat model whenever im doing anything but sittng in Org/SW.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love ferals rotation. I wouldnt want anything to change at all.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Glyphs to change perma-models that druids are riddled with. XD
Hurricane to be more like the D2 hurricane (although starfall kinda took that spot)

■What spells do you use the least?

As I really only play feral I dont use a lot of spells, but I wouldnt say any are being benched because i dont find them useful when they were ment for me to use them.
85 Troll Druid
Great topic, here are my opinions.

Mainly PvE with some occasional PvP for fun

Raiding current content

Arenas, BG's

Like a few other people, I was quite disappointed to have permanent tree form removed, however it has it's benefits also.

Versatility. Being able to fulfill any role is great.

I can't think of any other class I would rather play. I have always had the most fun on a druid. Especially as I said above, I can play any role and don't have to go to an "alt" to do it.

I feel the rotation at the moment works well, I've grown quite comfortable with it since becoming resto, after playing Moonkin and Bear through Wrath. I played Kitty for a bit during this expansion, yet I wasn't overly pleased with the rotation. (I'm aware it takes time and skill to master, but it just wasn't for me really as a main spec)

Biggest wish - Optional permanent tree form (particularly for PvE).
I also personally feel we don't have enough crowd control options. Or perhaps cyclone and entangling roots for example could be re-evaluated. (Although Hibernate can be handy, in my opinion there's hardly a suitable time to use it)

I find these days the least used spell in my spell book are:
Sooth I have not had to use more than a handful of times
Nourish not as often now as previously
Teleport: Moonglade .. Need I explain why? lol

Overall, changes or not, I love my druid. For a hybrid class I never expect to top meters against a pure class, but I think we're pretty competitive.
I can't comment a whole lot about other specs other than resto since 4.3, due to that's all I currently play. For an AoE Healer though. I'm pretty pleased with it.
85 Night Elf Druid
PVE (Feral dps)

Heroic 10 man raids

N/A

I don't think I have any.

Its versatility, movility, and having a fun rotation, it's kind of complex (not that much right now compared to wotlk) but once you get used to it it's pretty rewarding.

Shred positional requirement, on fights that I need to stay in front of the boss it really gimps my dps, it's a great dps burst tool, but when you can't shred, specially on single target, it just throws away your dps.

I'm really comfortable about it right now, specially with 4T12, since I can cast Ferocious bite more often, wich means I don't have to cast shred at 5cp. Which just felt kind of wrong.

Shred positional req removed
Feral model customization. Maybe weapon/armor blended into the Cat/bear model according to your iLVL, for example 378 to 391 ilvl gets one kind of model (fire themed maybe since that gear is obtainable in FL) while having a 359 to 377 ilvl gets another and so on.

Claw, Nourish (I'm feral)
12 Orc Warlock

PvE; mostly heroics at the moment, though I do have some interest in raiding. Druid PvP doesn't interest me at all (balance druid here).

I have to say, having to shift to moonkin to break roots annoys me a lot. It would be nice if at least Travel Form did it. Also, Typhoon. It hits sometimes, doesn't hit sometimes, sometimes doesn't even show the graphic. Some bugs with that need to be fixed.

The theme. I'm a big fan of druid lore, and little things like having an almost exclusive area (Moonglade), plus Flight Form, the spell animations, the flexibility of the class, etc, are what made Druid my favorite class, even though I don't particularly care for the rotation.

Having to be in Moonkin Form all the time. While not that important at first, after some years it starts to get a bit boring...

I have mixed feelings on this. In WotLK, the rotation was too random, but now in Cata, the rotation is not random at all. While that is nice to a point, it starts to get boring going from one eclipse to another, keeping DoTs up, pressing Starsurge when it flashes. It needs to be more dynamic. It's just my impression though; the rotation has really made some progress, and overall is much better than what it was.

A change to Moonkin Form. Anything, really. Also, for feral tank: a ranged silence, Thorns in form, Rebirth in form.

Easy one: Hurricane. High mana cost, low damage. What's its purpose?
Edited by Garoifs on 9/12/2011 9:53 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
Resto Druid

PvE

10-man normal raids in a casual setting.

Quite frankly resource management isn't really fun. It makes things more challenging, but differentiating between different heals is good enough right now without harsh resource management. (and then once you get your T12 2-set it goes away)

The wide variety of effective spells to use.

Resource management

Pretty much every spell has a use right now. That's a good thing.

Targetable Barkskin would be nice. Nature's Swiftness is lackluster, I'd like to see it gain either 100% crit for that spell, or to give it a different effect. People want old Tree form, give it to them. (I personally don't want it)

Regrowth.

In short, the issues with resto druids are also the issues with healing priests and shaman, where our fun is compromised in order to challenge the raid.
90 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? mushroom placement. Lack of uniqueness in any of the shapeshift forms.

What makes playing your class more fun? starsurge procs and starfall

What makes playing your class less fun? the solar/lunar energy system isnt very fun. Being in a lunar eclipse when you need a mushroom detonation in solar is depressing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) the rotation is ok.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A redone moonkin form or the ability for more fun personal customisation with forms or even a glyph to let you stay in caster form but get the benefits of being in moonkin form

What spells do you use the least? thorns, hurricane,What type of content do you focus on? PvE
Edited by Kokoshne on 9/12/2011 9:52 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]