Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas and Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- Having to rely on many mods and macros for pvp. More build-in help/UI customization would be nice. Spells that are different in cat/bears form should not need a macro to use the same keybind.
- I don't really do enough respec but I would like to do small twist in my spec more frequently (within a tree like feral). I find the concept out of date and merely as a gold drain (dusts already cost for re-glyphing). But for same tree respec, it should not be a gold drain, similar to hunter's pet. Perhaps offer a one time free to unlock this or simply a much lower fee for same spec respec. I think it'd bring back some interesting aspect of specs.

What makes playing your class more fun? More choice of damage mechanics besides bleed( as tradeoff). An ability that consume rip?

What makes playing your class less fun? Shifting out to instant cast by accident when target is out of range. I know people can get around by jumping and cast. But why shift out when nothing casted.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Feels fine.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Lessen the GCD for shifting feral after using feral swiftness.
- Armored form
- Would love to break root once in a while as feral. A ferocious cat should not be so easily trapped :( all the time. Tie it to stampede roar too.

What spells do you use the least? Cower in terms of feral. Hurricane and mushrooms are tied overall.
Edited by Hellskream on 9/12/2011 5:06 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Hi. I'm John, and I've been playing a resto druid for 6 years.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE, limited pvp.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I love raids as long as they're with good folks that aren't mean. I seldom do dungeons unless I need chaos orbs or am bored out of my mind. The random dungeon finder is really hit or miss and while sometimes I get great groups, often there's at least one real PITA. The limitations on kicking people in dungeons makes it really difficult to get rid of problematic people most of the time. Maybe I'm just too picky.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I sometimes do BGs when I'm bored. I don't have the dedication to arena or do rated BGs. Also, I've gotten so used to healing PVE, it's really difficult for me to adapt to PVP healing, which is a whole different animal. Too much time spent running for my life, not enough time spent healing.

I heal, so... that would have to be maintaining lifebloom stacks. I use the default UI and so when I'm healing in 25m raids, the timer on lifebloom is so small, it is easily missed in all the chaos. So unless I'm just watching the tank 100% of the time, it tends to fall off a lot. Maybe I'm bad. *shrug*. And of course when it falls off I have to use 3 full length GCDs to get it stacked back up. I understand that nourish and healing touch refresh lifebloom but with nourish being such a long cast, if I'm not watching very carefully I either tend to spam nourish just to keep lifebloom stacked, or forget about it and it falls off. It's a great spell to use benefits wise, even if it's not one of our more powerful healing spells. Mostly for the replenish and clearcasting procs. It just find it really difficult to use effectively. With other hots like rejuvenation, I don't have to see exactly how much time is left on it. Just that it's ticking on someone who needs health. With lifebloom, because it has such as short duration like I said I pretty much have to be paying explicit attention to the tank just to keep it up, even if my responsibilities are actually raid healing. And then of course every time there's a tank swap I have to stack it up on the other tank. There goes 3 more GCDs when I'm supposed to be watching raid. I think watching raid PLUS being expected to fully utilize lifebloom is a lot to ask, but because of how our replenishment and clearcasting procs work, it's required. I'd really like to see it have a longer duration, or maybe not have to worry about the stacks. Just one GCD to apply. Or perhaps something different entirely. Like earthshield, a kinda set and semi-forget on tanks (when my priority is SUPPOSED to be raid). Or maybe... idk. Something easier to work with and less of a pain. Lifebloom is great when you're only focusing on one person. But watching raid and being expected to keep lb up or having to tank swap every few seconds makes using lifebloom really annoying. One more would have to be that I'm required to use regrowth to get the haste buff in the balance tree, and that the haste buff doesn't last long, has an internal cooldown that I never know what it's at, and that since regrowth is such an inefficient spell and I rarely ever use it that I have to go out of my way to get the haste buff... which I suppose is fine for those situations where you really need it... But I never use it.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I love how versatile and mobile druids are in general. Being able to do nearly anything with the same character is why I decided to make the druid my main.

What makes playing your class less fun?
The fact that nourish (as my efficient heal) requires a hot on the target to be the most efficient. Sometimes I just want a direct cast heal and to not have to worry about whether or not there's a hot on there.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
See above rants regarding lifebloom and nourish.

I would really really love to see aquatic form get new artwork. Right now I think aquatic form looks somewhere between retarded and frightening. In fact, I'm not even sure what it's *supposed* to be or look like. I would love to see that form be a river otter. A cute one. With reasonably well detailed skins and animations.

What spells do you use the least?
I consider regrowth to be a ridiculous waste of mana. It's on my healing bar, but I rarely ever use it. I'd much rather use nature's swiftness healing touch or swiftmend to bring people back from the brink of death. Regrowth just costs too much mana and doesn't heal for enough to justify its use (to me). And I kinda prefer to not let people get that low in the first place.

In cat form: Cower.
90 Night Elf Druid
Ilvl 379 Feral Tank focusing on PVE Raid content Firelands/Heroic Firelands.
Biggest concerns for me
1. Initial rage generation - It would be nice If we could get a rage boost from charge or something other than enrage or having to pop out of form. Kinda sucks finding yourself in a rage starved position though it doesnt happen often.
2. Why do we have to have seperate spells for faerie fire, charge and skull bash dependent on what form weve taken. I hate having to shuffle spells around on my keyboard or make form macros to cover what should be just one spell particurly when I find myself in OT positions mostly and form shift quite often.

Biggest concern
Although Savage defence is a little meh, I dont relish the Idea of having to manipulate it under another change to my class. Im perfectly comfortable with having it auto managed for me. There are so many mechanics in the normal raid fights now that I dont need another distraction for a mediocre benefit.
Edited by Tymaishu on 9/12/2011 1:41 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Feral Combat (Both Tank and DPS)/Resto -Kirin Tor

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Its a bit nit-picky but I often find myself wishing that I could be shapeshifted into one of my animal forms and simultaneously in a costume, such as around halloween. I vaguely remember long ago that we had that capacity, but we don't now. It would add a lot of fun to the game for me to be able to dps raids as a ninja or something. This isn't really an issue for resto (cause i seem to be the only person who actually likes my giant arm-flailing tree healers to the old medium sized arm-flailing tree healer)

The most fun feature of my class is versatility. I can fulfill 3 roles with 2 specs and I can fill them quite well. And of course I'll never stop loving dpsing as feral when the tank goes down and before anyone knows what happening I'm already in bear form and i've already picked up aggro. I've saved lives with it. of course, the convenience of switching roles mid-raid is also a plus >.o.

Well I already mentioned the costume thing above, but that is a perfectly bearable inconvenience. The thing that really gets me sometimes is that on certain fights (which are getting rarer) ferals just end up sucking. usually this means frequent target switches or any fight that forces us to the front of the boss (off the top of my head: twin dragons, elemental council, rhyolith) The problem is getting better but i'm always tempted to switch to my DK or something. Resto has a similar problem in (even rarer) fights where hots seem to be punished (chimaeron, baleroc) because all our heals except HT either are hots (in some form) or assume our target is hotted, which doesn't really help us for quick healing. Still, it is manageable. I realize this is just a feature of the class but my alts (frost/blood DK and prot/holy pally) do seem to have fewer problem fights. Then again i use them much less so it might be a perspective thing (I'm the weakest spec! nerf everyone else and buff me!)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I generally think feral druid rotation is fun and skill-based, though it does get a bit metronomic for veterans. As resto my healing job is clearly improved over WotLK healing (rejuvx5 + wild growth) and it is rare i go a single fight without using every healing ability at my disposal.

A legendary useful for ferals (ha, like that'd ever happen. I think most of us dread the day when there exists something that can truly be called "a hunter weapon").

again, working costumes

armor that shows up in shapshift form. maybe a scaled down version of what the character wears. every feral of a certain race looking the same is kinda lame

Play Dead

Well any balance spell since i don't spec that but besides those:

Stampeding Roar (uses are few and far between, then again i raid 10 mans usually and i hear its better in 25s)

Ravage (now that the charge-while-still-in-melee thing doesn't work anymore)

Nature's Swiftness (macro'd to rebirth currently, Regrowth is much better for catching people that are going down)

Cower (much better than it used to be, but still not a reliable threat-drop and not good enough to keep you off top threat if you were gonna pull anyway, unless you painfully use it on CD.)

I realize Blizzard get a lot of crap. Thanks for making and maintaining such a great game!
85 Worgen Warrior
Both
I raided in t11, I d Heroic 10 Man.
I'd like to focus on all of them, but for right now just arena and BGs.
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Savage Defense not 100% proc rate off crits made me SO upset. Ferocious Bite chomping up extra energy. Pathing bugs with Feral Leap. Not sure if those are quality of life issues, but they're small problems.
So many forms! I love being able to be something different for any given situation.
Berserks long CD. The lack of any other mitigation for tanking besides dodge. No real controllable cds for magic dmg. When I tanked in t11 there were a LOT of times I shut my eyes during HNef when he'd breathe on me, if I didn't dodge that melee swing after his breth, 9 times out of 10 I died.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's a little clumsy because of FB chomping extra energy, if that one bit was changed, the entire rotation would flow much better.
Some other form of avoidance besides dodge. I know gnomes/goblins are smart enough they can mount a shield up on a bear shoulder. If not that, maybe allowing SD to proc more often. As for PvP, I really hate Frost Mages, or immobilizes in general. The CD on dash/Savage Roar is too long, and not being able to use one while the other is still up, forcing me to cancel on to get out of yet another immobilize makes me hate everything.
Mushrooms! I wish I could use them more for Feral.
90 Night Elf Druid
Mainly from a Balance perspective.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: Mainly PvE, but recently I've starting some PvP with friends.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: Arenas (3v3) and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: I would personally love if right-clicking ore, while you're flying a bit off the ground, would shift you out of flight form instead of just telling you that you can't do that while shapeshifted.

What makes playing your class more fun?: Hands down, shapeshifting. I can barely play other classes, because they don't have instant flight form. xD

What makes playing your class less fun?: Less fun? Hmm that's a tough one. I'd really have to say being limited to only 2 specs when Druids can fill all roles. I'd really like to try healing, but since I'm already Balance/ Feral Tank I can't, makes me sad sometimes.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): I'm perfectly fine with it, feels just right. It isn't super complex, but it isn't just spamming 1 over and over either.

What’s on your wish list for your class?: I would personally LOVE it if Blood Elves were able to be Druids. A shapeshift for 100% ground mount that worked like flight form would be excellent as well. I think an Elk or Giraffe type creature would work for this.

What spells do you use the least?: Hurricane
Edited by Elwetara on 9/12/2011 1:45 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic 10man Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

Tank switching is by far my biggest QoL issue. I feel like the ramp up I have as
a hot healer makes it very difficult for me to deal with fights that require two
tanks to switch off in short intervals (it's still annoying even with long
intervals, but not as much so). Examples would be Rag, Beth, and Alysrazor.

What makes playing your class more fun? The incredible mobility available to me

What makes playing your class less fun? There is honestly nothing I can think of that I dislike about playing as resto. The only time I'm truly unhappy is when we encounter fights that requires us to cut down to just two healers (and that's only because I'm the designated offspec dps healer in my guild, so there are some fights I just will never get to heal), or when it feels as if we only need 2.5 healers. Examples like this would be Alys, Baleroc, Domo (Domo is the big one for feeling like I'm only needed for healing for less than 50% of the fight)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Overall my rotation feels very fluid; the only hitch in it is when I have to spot heal someone with Regrowth. Regrowth just does not feel like it packs the necessary punch, and I have long believed that Regrowth and Nourish should have their roles switched so that Regrowth is the efficient filler heal and Nourish goes back to being my Flash Heal like it was in WoLK.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Regrowth and Nourish trading places role-wise, and some extra raid utility besides B-Rez (and I don't even necessarily mean a mitigation cd).

What spells do you use the least? My CC abilities, my shapeshifts (including ToL), and my offensive abilities.
Edited by Squishes on 9/12/2011 1:44 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
Balance Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Heroic 25 man raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Rated BGs and Arenas(Seldom)

Mushroom aoe placement tends to be a pain. It is really disappointing to have a tank move the adds I'm trying to aoe before you can successfully plant and detonate all three mushrooms. Being off with a mushroom by a few yards can be really punishing. The travel time of our nukes on fights like rag also disrupt the flow of our rotation. Having lunar shower nerfed to the point where it’s much more optimal dps output to plant mushrooms on movement is disappointing. Virtually no one wants to bring a moonkin to arenas. :(

I really enjoy the current state of our single target rotation. It's very interactive.

Our AoE output depends heavily on our eclipse. Having to extend it for large amounts of time, dealing with phase 2 rag adds is a great example, really messes with the enjoyable flow of the balance rotation.
In arenas where most classes will use a cd evade everything or go immune to damage balance druids have nothing and die.

-A change to our aoe spells so that both solar and lunar eclipse can be equally favored for short aoe phases.
-An execute ability would spice up our rotation.
-A defensive cooldown, barkskin doesn’t count, would be very useful for pvp. Bringing back instant-cast roots would also suffice.
-Not having an ability to drop threat efficiently really stood out on Chimaeron. A better agro dump than shifting to cat form and using cower would be nice. Mage cds make me jealous.

Hurricane.
Edited by Shoõtingstár on 9/12/2011 2:16 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
healer: PvE feral: PvP

Raids
Arena
Perm tree taken away.... /sob if you could at least make it so that mana of spells is reduced by x%
Bleeds damage, DoT heals
Knowing that a nerf is coming..
I quite like it a lot
Perm tree form or bringing dire forms back
cower, but if i were to say a specific spell to other specs it would be used a lot
85 Tauren Druid
Strictly PVP

N/A

RBG - Arena - BGS (In order)

Concerns are more genuine than just "quality of life." See opinions below.

The versatility of the class would probably be near the top. With 3 distinct play styles, it is easy to get a variety of enjoyment when one becomes bored with another. The uniqueness of “Forms” is also a draw, being the only class in the game with forms which can be used to alter the class itself.

Since I’m strictly PVP oriented, the major frustrations that I observe are that of a caster whose whole play style basically revolves around tanking damage. The fact that there is a 15% damage decrease built into moonkin form just goes to show that this is known, but with so many gap-closers for melee, it’s hard for me to figure out a solution that would appeal to both parties involved (boomkins/melee). It doesn’t help that typhoon is still bugged after a very long time. Seeing as how it is supposed to be a way to put distance in-between you and melee, it would seem that this spell would be of the upmost importance, yet due to its buggy nature, hurts us a lot pvp wise.

When playing in arena or bgs, I feel very much like an affliction warlock, but with no dispel protection. I understand that the must be a tradeoff when attaching a UA sort of debuff when dispelled, but when a priest can get rid of 2 of your large damage sources with 1 dispel, it can be disheartening. The same is true in regards to entangling roots, with its weak damage absorb and ease of dispel, it hardly affects melee and is not even worth trying to cast (that is if you could manage to cast with melee interrupting you).

N/A

A variety of the following (not all) would benefit boomkins in PVP:
    A working/reliable gap maker (I’d kill for Tstorm-like reliability on typhoon)
    Dispell protection on dots
    More reliable snare (Larger ER absorb or even physical debuff ER)
    Starfall working through CC.
    No GCD on mushrooms. It shouldn’t take 4 casts to use them.
    Thorns hits like a wet noodle, buff it so melee thinks twice about hitting you.
    Healing as a druid spec’d boomkin is very weak. It’s sometimes not worth switching out of form and losing the 15% to try and heal yourself.
    Treants that are useful, low damage and easily kited are not very helpful. Even giving them snare protection would be nice.

As a boomkin in PVP, hurricane’s mana cost is way too expensive to be used often.
Mushrooms do get used, but not as much as I’d like. The removal of the GCD would give me more reason to use them when getting attacked.
Edited by Certi on 9/12/2011 6:04 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on?

Both: 25-man raiding and rated battlegrounds

PvE: Spell travel time affecting Eclipse uptime. Ragnaros is a prime example of this since Wrath has to travel all the way up to his head instead of the base of his model. Wild Mushrooms requiring 3 global cooldowns to use effectively, not counting any placement adjusting due to the targets being moved. I'd like to see one large mushroom that I could place and it still have the same damage with the Fungal Growth having a roughly equal radius as Frost Trap. I'd also like to see hunters having the ability to remote detonate their traps in fairness.

PvP: I'd like to see the Lunar Shower change reverted. It's only marginally useful in it's current form and may Balance druids don't even take it for times where it's marginally useful. I'd like to see the reinstatement of instant-cast Entangling Roots or a mass rooting ability, perhaps tied to a deep-Balance talent. I'd like to see the 20% damage reduction to Starsurge reverted as the reasoning behind the nerf was paltry at best. Doing tons of damage in battlegrounds means nothing if I'm not killing anything. Gibbing someone with a hardcast>instant cast back-to-back really only happens to those poeple who have practically no resilience and are still in quest gear. Even then, any class will kill them off pretty quickly with no resilience. I'd also like to see Balance being able to make us of Stampeding Roar (call is "Stampeding Hoot) for extra mobility as every other caster has some form of advanced mobility, especially since Travel Form no longer clears the druid of rooting effects. I'd definitely like to see Typhoon actually work 100% of the time, with a knockback distance comparable to Thunderstorm.

I enjoy being able to put out competitive damage and do better in PvP when compared with past expansions. I love being able to stealth around old content, heal myself (granted it's a little lacking when compared to other DPS healing capabilities), and not have a whole lot of downtime.

I don't enjoy seeing nerfs that seem poorly thought out or changes that in reality don't do anything.

I find it to be alright. Not too cumbersome other than the previously mentioned travel time bit.

I seem to have baked this question in with the "quality-of-life" one, whoops.

EDIT: Actually, I'd like to see the splash damage on Starfall reinstated.

Soothe and Cower. Haven't really needed either.
Edited by Raintola on 9/13/2011 11:33 AM PDT
86 Tauren Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
■What makes playing your class more fun?
■What makes playing your class less fun?
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
■What’s on your wish list for your class?
■What spells do you use the least?

- I focus on PvE

- My main focus has always been raiding.

- The biggest quality of life issues as a moonkin have always been the same. I can't see my armor I've worked so hard to gain, making transmogrification almost useless for me.

- I loved druids because we can perform any role in the game, but only one at a time. I like how druids have plenty of lore (unlike poor priests) and how restoration spec tries to embody those powers. Shapeshifting is a fun aspect of the class but annoying to always see. Typhoon has been the only fun ability I have since the amusing old slowing mushroom graphic was removed.

- I have unreliable cc's and interupts: the selectively effective roots and solar beam with a 1-minute cooldown. Next, I have to shapeshift to heal myself for the little healing moonkins can do and have absolutely no threat reduction abilities.

- I feel like my rotation is rather smooth right now. It would be nice if eclipses each felt unique. I am also sad whenever I don't have treants running around to make me feel different from everyone else.

- The whole balance spec feels strange as a druid. I would like spells that actually feel "druidic" instead of beams comming down from who-knows-where and shooting green and blue balls of mystery magic. Druids are supposed to use the powers of the Emerald Dream and nature, yet there seems to be very little evidence of it in our abilities with the exception of the efflorescence ability (the same issue can be said about a few other classes.)

- Sadly, I use my Teleport: Moonglade least since it is something I only use while I'm doing archeaology. Yet I love it because it is a spell that still feels nostalgic, true to the class flavor, and, occasionally, useful.
Edited by Renkun on 9/12/2011 1:53 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Pve mainly

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids/heroics

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• N/A
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I miss tree form, but I don't want you to change the mechanics of druids, I love the way they play I just want a tree, maybe change the glyph of tree of life, make it a permanent tree form, and when you pop the CD version you change into the new looking tree with all the bells and whistles... I don't want the mechanics changed just want to be a tree again.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?

• I love the way druids play, being the shifter class is what separates us from other classes.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?

• I can't think of anything other than not having perma tree form... I honestly love everything about druids other than that.
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Being resto its pretty much all situational.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Glyph of permanent tree form, making the player appear in tree form until canceled, 1 second cd... No changes to armor or mechanics.
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul][/quote]
    Nourish probably... Doesn't heal for anything and I can use that 2 seconds of cast time to throw out 2 rejuvs...
    90 Tauren Druid
    Resto-Sen'jin
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, Some Raids (mostly previous tier)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

Tree Form, its just not the same without it. Lifebloom being limited to 1 target.

The shape shifts, It initially drew me to this class and has kept me here since 2006

No threat dump, No interrupts in resto

Healing rotation now is awesome, I love the new mastery.

Tree Form. I know you guys get tired of hearing it, but I loved old tree form.

Tele:Moonglade
    86 Worgen Druid
    Mostly PVE (some PVP)

Mostly Raids but I also enjoy tanking/healing heroics and trying out extreme soloing

I mostly do unrated BGs as I am not talented/experienced enough for arenas or rated

I used to main tank for my guild as a DK but I switched over to play my feral tank. At first it was a little tough getting used to only one taunt (challenging roar having a 2 minute CD is a pain, and with all the threat changes, is it really necessary?) but overall I enjoy tanking as a bear. I also enjoy healing as a druid (I prefer not being a tree all the time). I think the new tree model is really ugly and the original wasn't a lot better but other than that I am happy with resto as well.

I love being able to transform into different animals and I like the various abilities that druids have (being able to mount up in mid air is very nice and so is getting to battle rez people). I don't play balance much anymore but that still seems like a lot of fun as well. With the changes to threat I have started to enjoy tanking again, as I feel like I don't have to be constantly worried about maintaining threat. Now I get to focus on CD management and enemy positioning. Excellent work. Being able to heal everyone around with Tranquility is a lot of fun as well but I think my favorite resto spell is Wild Growth. Also I think Druid healing is some of the most enjoyable in the game because there is a lot more proactivity involved rather than merely queueing up spells and canceling them over and over. HoTs are meaningful and make healing more interesting.

Sometimes it is frustrating that as a Druid it is assumed I have to raid heal. I think you guys have done a good job in allowing Druids to have the potential to tank heal given certain talents and situations but I haven't really had the opportunity to try it out yet. Feral DPS is pretty boring however, in my opinion. I can't put my finger on exactly what I don't like about it but generally when I am doing it I get bored quickly even with occasionally breaking cat form for a BRez or a timely Tranquility. I like the utility but dislike the monotony of the rotation, unfortunately I cannot think of much constructive to say so perhaps it is just a personal problem and not a widespread issue.

Love it for Feral Tank and Resto Healing; Hate it for Feral DPS and haven't tried Balance yet this expansion. With Feral Tanking there is always something to do, but it is simple enough that I can still focus on cooldowns and positioning. Resto has become more interesting than it was in Wrath where everything was about keeping up Rejuvenation on everyone and Wild Growth in between.

I really like where Feral Tanks are positioned right now, not overpowered but not lagging behind others on most fights. It would be nice to have another taunt or for Challenging Roar to have it's cooldown removed but that's nitpicking. I think Resto is in a really good place too and so I would beg that you avoid nerfing Resto just because other healers are complaining about losing HPS wars with Druids. That is a complete misunderstanding of how healing works in my opinion and it would suddenly become much harder for healing teams to operate as a whole. As for Feral DPS I would suggest that while it is not necessary to throw out massive buffs it does seem that in general melee DPS such as Feral, Enhancement Shaman and Rogues seem to be particularly low on many fights and I think if you really want to push the idea of bringing the player and not the class you could bump up overall damage so that when fights are not designed for melee, these classes are still contributing something meaningful.

As a Feral Tank I use about 90% of my spells and abilities on a given boss fight. Ditto for Resto where I think the only substandard performer is Healing Touch which I hardly use for raid healing.

Thanks for listening to my concerns!
    85 Tauren Druid

PvE

Normal 10m raids

BG for fun

The shred positional requirement was already addressed in the extra angle on the back of some bosses, but it would be nice to have the possibility of shreding from the front at the cost of -x% damage but retaining the "bonuses" of shred (extended rip through glyph, chance of double ComboPoint generation on crit, increased damage on bleeding targets) that Mangle do not have.

The possibility of being a multi rol character, i've done most of the fights as dps, heal and tank and it gives you a more extensive view of the whole fight...all that just a respec away

Kitty form rocks!!! ...still waiting on my fandral's staff

Most of fights seem to be more caster oriented (and I love my kitty so no boomkin for me).
    Casting rebirth as a tank is challenging yes but most of the time I just go splat...while a dk can do it with minimum effort.
    Pulling a group of casters mobs as bear makes me crazy. I would love to have some sort of ranged/aoe interrupt (see wish list)

Not as "john madden" as it used to be. I think its challenging enough.

- An AoE interrupt on a mid-long cd (2min) ...or maybe including it to demo roar?
    - Permanent treeform for resto. I just miss dancing for hours.
    - Raid cooldown that is not raw healing but damage reduction.

- Cower (after threat changes)
    - Soothe, brings me out of form so i use it only when noone else can clean an enrage
    - I don't understand why Claw still exists.

90 Night Elf Druid
    ■What type of content do you focus on?
    PvP
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE?
    N/A
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Arenas
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I am happy with the state of feral in pvp. We lack root dispells, but I believe this is balanced because we make up for it with so much more. I dont believe we currently need any buffs or nerfs.
    ■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Versatility of having multiple forms is great. We bring large amounts of damage and some cc/buffs to an arena team.
    ■What makes playing your class less fun?
    As many other druids stated above, lack of customization for ferals or even boomkin. I think it would be an amazingly fun mechanic if we were able to customize what specific animals/forms we turned into. For example if instead of bear form, it was named defensive form of something of the sorts. And if, in the same way hunters could tame beasts, we could absorb the form of certain beasts (provided they somewhat fall into the category of a tank-like beast or a damage dealer) and use that. This would make every druid unique and would bring immense appeal to the class.
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    PvP-wise, I think the rotation is fine, energy can be annoying at points, especially when it is low and you need some burst, but thats just how the mechanic works.
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A different offensive CD for feral. Whether that means changing berserk or adding a new one.
    ■What spells do you use the least?
    Mushroom, Thorns
    85 Worgen Druid
    PvE

Raids (Resto Druid only)

N/A

Having a defensive single target cooldown would improve quality-of-life greatly. Nourish also needing a HoT on it's target to be effective is also a quality of life issue.

Having a lot of mobility. Two speed increases (three as a worgen) really helps on some fights, plus being able to heal while moving.

Not having a Shard of Woe, are you sure Sinestra drops it? :P

I love it

We want permanent ToL back!!!

Nourish
    90 Night Elf Druid
    * What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE I do Feral-tank.
    PvP I do resto for arenas, resto & feral-flag-carrier for RBGs.

* If PvE, what type of PvE?
    10-man Raiding, Heroic Raiding, Heroics.

* If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Rated BGs, Arena 2's. Though at the moment, resto-druid is weak in 2s so I've had difficulty finding a partner. Last season I'd played up to 1900 rating in 2's.

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    For Feral:
    I'd like more form choices, perhaps via by minor glyphs. Maybe one that swaps bear form to Staghelm's scorpion animation. Maybe one to change travel forms - stag or cat or wild horse. The models already exist.

For Resto:
    I want permanent tree of life back. Druids are shapeshifters. Furthermore, for pvp, going in tree form has become a huge disadvantage in any sort of coordinated PvP scenario. It is basically "CC this target NOW". Sometimes I use it in RBGs as a distractor because I know as soon as I go tree, they'll pull the CC pressure off the other healers and on to me; and freeing up the priest to pain suppression is a good use of the cooldown.

For druid in general, more specs. I raided last expansion as moonkin. I miss it. Make it cost 10k for 3rd spec. It'd be worth it to me. I actually level a 2nd druid as moonkin to 85 so I could play moonkin.

Thinking about it, for moonkin I'd like a heroic-dungeon quality CC. Make hibernate glyph'able to be able to work on more creature types?

* What makes playing your class more fun?
    I love the shapeshifter aspect of the class. I love the flexibility. I'm the tank who goes DPS in the same spec (and a lot of the same gear) when we need only 1 tank. I like that if there is a role we need filled because someone can't make a raid, I can fill it.

In RBGs, when we get a battleground that does not need a FC, I swap to being the healer that tops the healing charts while still providing tactical CC's (cyclones and snares).

* What makes playing your class less fun?
    Resto druid is lacking a bit in PvP at the moment. I've been told I could only come as FC because I lacked the save-the-FC abilities that both priest and paladin have. It sucks getting benched from competitive PvP because they need the ability another healing class provides. It doesn't matter I'm the top healer on the charts when I do heal -- at times we need a key person kept alive and I can't do that as well as a priest or paladin can.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Bear is in a really good place. Mangle procs are interesting. Keeping pulverize up is useful (could be more useful) but adds an additional bit of complexity. We have 3 cooldowns to juggle with various effectiveness and durations. Of the tanking classes, it is the one I most enjoy playing.

Cat is interestingly complex, though I do miss that bit of time where it was super complex and if you were awesome (john f-ing madden cat chart) you could get incredible damage, but most cats were just good dps.

Tree needs burst cooldown love -- something ala pain suppression or lay on hands. Swiftmend is part of our normal healing, and nature's swiftness->HT is anemic. We lack the "oh crap I need to blow my mana to catch up in healing" spells. Regrowth just doesn't have enough up front oomph except in tree of life form (if you are going to cast 2 regrowths in a row, you should cast healing touch - its the same cast time and provides more healing at 1/2 the mana cost).

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Savage defense could use some work. I'd like to see it proc more reliably and stack more like a death knight's blood shield. This would make pulverize uptime much more important and a bigger deal in determining a good tank from an iffy tank. I like the instant procs off mangle -- I didn't originally, but I've embraced the non-static rotation that is feral tank at the moment. It might be interesting to attach some survival aspect more directly to another feral ability that is on a cooldown; maybe make a each stack of lacerate give pulverize +25% crit chance and have savage defense at 100% proc rate, so that if you built a 3 stack of lacerate, you could use pulverize to put up a savage defense shield when you needed it most.

Tree - I want a burst healing cooldown that matters in pvp. Honestly, even something as annoying as a "cyclone" that could I put on a friendly target but let only my heals through would be awesome. But some way to do the clutch save would be good. I'm tired or being benched because I don't have pain suppression or lay on hands.

* What spells do you use the least?
    Dispel enrage. Thorns -- it should be castable in bear because it is useless; in a pug raid I did over the weekend (4 bosses of FL off trade!) the raid leader was baffled that thorns was not useable in bear; his response was "Well what's it for if not for tanking?" and I had no answer.
    86 Troll Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PvE
    If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Heroics and Raids
    If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: N/A
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.:

Not being able to save my full environment and respect to one of the feral specs is very time consuming, it would be awesome if it was easy to get back to a saved setup. I'm not asking for tri-spec, althought it would be nice, just a way to save specs so we can respec into them later (including toolbars and glyphs)

The ability to be able to perform one that more role. Shapeshifting is fun.

For some reason, the resto spec is the only one without a shifting form, I am pretty sure all resto druid are missing the treant (not worth spoling a glyph slot to be honest). Also there should be a way to apply 3 stacks of lifebloom from the start, since anyways, you'll never want to have less than 3 stacks going on, just like Outbreak for Death Knights. Is there even a reason to have less than 3 stacks now since you can only have it on one target.

It is actually pretty good. My only problem is linking swiftmend and efflorescence, which makes it less desirable for a life saver opportunity because you mostly want to use it to heal a stacking group, which makes the switftmend heal itself pretty wasted.

- Resto Druids need a single target cooldown like Pain Suppression/Lay of Hands/Guardian Spirit to be able to save a tank.
    - Bring back permanent treant form for resto.
    - Make Efflorescence like Healing Rain.
    - Make travel form run at normal run speed.
    - Make travel form usable indoor like ghost wolf
    - Make stuff that says "can't do it while shapeshift" turn off shapeshifting.. really annoying when trying to use your professions.

Pretty much use all of the resto spells.
    Edited by Kormakino on 9/12/2011 2:02 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]