UE
Ferality- US Stonemaul.
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE these days, used to PvP.

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Raiding.

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All three.

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The removal of tree form as dictated by about 100 other posters has caused the biggest irritation for me and my class. The immunity to certain forms of cc was daunting and some might claim overpowered. But these issues did not have to take away the distinct look of a restoration druid.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

The ability for me to play any role at any time (assuming proper gear). For instance, for t11 raids I was the main tank in my guild, I felt that druids were in an ok spot in such a way that I was not forced to level up a new class to tank due to druids being a sub-par tanking option. In my new guild, I am pushing the top of my classes limits as a restoration druid. I went from one extreme to another without having to designate time to re-leveling another toon to do something my guild asks of me.

* What makes playing your class less fun?

A lot of time I feel that I would rather have challenging content as to caring about the appearance of different aspects of the game. I think transmogrification is a great way in which to introduce a level of visual accommodations without too many problems and that seems great. Except for druids, in cat form and bear form as well as moonkin and ToL, we never get to see the cool flaming shoulders of past or that awesome helm graphic that we just picked up. To sum it up, the fact that there is no customization for forms for druids I think will suffice. Game play is great in my opinion.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love not having a rotation, having to react quickly and make the right calls in a moments time is what separates the good from the bad, and that's something I relish.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

A few things.
Tree of life glyphed or something to give a purely cosmetic look again, and bring back the nostalgia. With a separate form or just enhanced look for when the cd is actually used.

Ability to customize forms with gear obtained, or achievements completed (new tatoo in bear form when you kill Heroic Ragnaros or something to that effect) as someone who used to be in the military, being able to look at another mans uniform and discern his achievements is awesome.

Faerie fire and roar being removed from the spell hit cap.

Our classes role to be clarified from blizz regarding our healing strategy. Right now a druid HAS to heal with a priest or paladin for their raid damage reduction cool downs. I don't mind our lack thereof, but I can foresee an instance where due to lack of cool downs that REDUCE damage taken I might be replaced by another class that doesn't just bring throughput.

* What spells do you use the least?
Regrowth, Even with 60% extra chance to crit, it rarely seems worth it, the healing amount it provides is rather trivial.
90 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Raids and 1-3 heroics per week for Valor

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-No arcane powder for Refreshment Tables (I have an 85 mage too)

What makes playing your class more fun?
-Being a "master of forms" who can be specialized to whatever they want to be.

What makes playing your class less fun?
-Outdated Travel Form/ Aquatic Form models (Btw I like the sea lion model in WotLK. I would be a cool aquatic form :) )

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-Resto (Love it)
-Feral Cat (Love it)
-Feral Bear N/A
-Balance (Meh... Not a fan)

What’s on your wish list for your class?
- New Travel Form/Aquatic form models
- New Hurricane graphic (Current one isn't visibly interesting)
- Typhoon should push enemies back as far as an Elemental Shaman's Thunderstorm
- Another Aoe Heal that acts like healing rain (Just a little something extra :) )
- More customization for forms. (More than just color)
- Larger variety of glyphs
- Minor glyphs that do fun or cool things to your appearance (Example: A glyph that turns your flight form into a fire hawk like Alysrazor)
- A little more flashy graphics when we cast a spell (Not just druids but many classes should have this in order to feel more powerful and increase the visuals while in combat. This would make things more impressive to look at instead of just looking at the numbers.)

What spells do you use the least?
- Mushrooms
- Cower
- Thorns
- Soothe

90 Tauren Druid
PvE

Raids.

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Lack of skins for shapeshifted forms.

I play 2 Feral specs. I love the high dodge/armor of my bear, along with feral charge for decent mobility. I also like juggling a handful of dots and self buffs when I switch to my (fire) kitty spec.

FFF is weak.
Itemization - haste is terrible for tanking yet on many pieces, including teir.
AoE tanking is weak, with spare GCGs filled with mangle. Would like AoE rotation to be AoE abilities.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Boring single target rotation. I feel like all my threat is loaded into Mangle, and Pulverize is just to keep a self buff up. Lacerate-Lacerate-Lacerate-Mangle-Pulverize (when needed) is not very dynamic.
And yes, I did like the days of the swipe spam for AoE packs. I just dont feel like AoE should be a large factor in any Boss fight.

More skins!
More (yet smaller) deffensive CDs. Make my play responsible for my damage taken, not my crit chance.

Wild Mushrooms. Yuck, what a clunky spell. Such a large portion of Boomkins damage comes from an AoE spell. Basically hate how you have to place the mushrooms. Its just.. clunky.
85 Tauren Druid

- More colors of moonkin, flight, etc. form depending on hair/fur color
- Ability to see some pieces of armor (shoulders? helm? collar?) in forms
- More opportunities for changes to forms in the vein of fandral's flamescythe
- More cosmetic effects in forms
85 Troll Druid
PvE is my main focus but PvP is where I like to relax and have fun.

Raids are where I prefer my focus be on with potential for heroic options. Dungeons are nice but one tends to run through them so much they're almost like a chore. I definitely like 2 raids being current/relevant at one time.

Right now it's on-use-trinkets. In situations where I feel they're needed the most, I usually can't spare the ability to keep track of their cooldown on top of healing, moving and using more important cooldowns (tree of life) instead. Innervate would be nice to have to give to other people again (I realize you can it's just for such little mana why would you?) Otherwise I think druids are in a good place.

HoTs! I love how many I have and I love that it makes me so very mobile. Shape-changing is another, I love that I can take on different utility and shape to accomplish multi-class roles.

Right now druids are in a great place (at least in healing PvE) I think for balance though the eclipse bar isn't my most favorite thing, I don't want to have to keep an eye on where the bar is to time my attacks and make sure I'm performing at an optimal level, I also don't like feeling like there are mandatory add-ons I need to function :(

As a healer I don't really have one, but when I play Balance it's pretty straightforward and I like that (save the bar like I said above) as for Feral... so much goes into a good feral rotation that you have to macro it and I feel that it takes away from a lot of the impulsive fun I have normally.

*A more attractive aquatic form (go go shark!)
*A more reactive 'oh-!@#$-heal' with a long cooldown (to balance out it's ability) that would act faster than tranquility but only protect/heal one person, possibly a tree-form-only skill
*More weapons that change our shape-shifted appearance
*Gear that is inter-changable between balance and resto (stat wise) so that it's not so much of a sacrifice for one spec or the other to pick between the limited gear choices.
*For PvP balance issues not to affect PvE

Nourish: Due to my clearcasting and nourishes low heal, I rarely use it save to refresh my lifebloom stacks in phases where damage isn't intense, otherwise I use Healing Touch.
Barkskin: Now that Tranquility doesn't require it and few fights make it necessary I don't use it much at all.
Thorns: Even as feral.
Wild Mushroom: I like the idea but it wastes too much time and by the time you've placed your shrooms, there's no one standing in them :/
Edited by Hitotsuki on 9/13/2011 2:20 PM PDT
20 Worgen Druid
Druids played: 85 Tank/offdps (NE), 80 Resto/Balance (NE), 20 I'm-not-sure-yet Worgen, 30-or-40-something tank/dps (Tauren).

PvE majority. I do still PvP, but to a much less extent, and it depends on my level of playing at the time.

Heroics and Raids. I'd do heroic raids if I could convince the guild, but the guild isn't ready for it and I accept that. I'd rather heroic raids be heroic than nerfed so my guild can do them before they're ready to tackle them.

Again, a far lesser extent than my PvE experiences, I enjoy BGs and would like to participate in Rated BGs during my next PvP-swing.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
The Little Things™. Aesthetics. Tree of life perma-form. Ability to Noggfog/holiday_gnome in forms. When it comes to my worgen specifically, I would live to have more choices in how my human form translates to my worgen AND druid forms. If they could be separated, that would be wonderful. If the human aspect could get the full range of non-worgen human available haircuts/features, that would be great, but that isn't class-specific so I'll drop it. But it does exemplify that I like options. I look forward to Void Storage and modding outfits, but I'd really like to have options for things. If we have the ability to show some kind of gear in forms, I'd like to have the ability to not show that on my character, but not keep others from doing it to theirs. Same with those who wish to not have to display Moonkin and those who don't want perma-ToL. I want the options to be there, but I'd like to be able to opt out having to or not having to, etc. I've played the game for gear, now I want to play it for fun.

Versatility. Tell you truth, I miss the days when everything didn't have a counter. I miss when feral druids relied on popping forms in PvP and keeping our health up and using every trick in the book and that's what made us crazy. Those days are probably gone, but I wish we could recapture some of that. I used to have a feral DPS that ran with me in heroics who would spot heal when the healer got bogged down, nowadays a feral stopping to heal is just wasting their time because their heals are so weak. Part of what made the druid class amazing at one point was the way we filled in the gaps. We still do so to a large extent, but not to the microcosm that we used to.

Restrictions. Honestly, I haven't played my Resto druid with any vim and vigor since his perma tree of life got taken. I don't mind that it was replaced with a cooldown, I mind that I can't still trudge along happily as a tree. The same idea applied when I was doing my Winter's Veil achievements to go kill in AV as a holiday gnome as a feral. Also, staying in one form constantly because my heals aren't worth talking about, or because I'm so, SO vulnerable out of forms. I understand risk/reward, but the risk of popping out of a form isn't worth the paltry health you get back if you get caught.
Also, the huge nerf to shifting is one of the major reasons I've stopped really playing, so I guess it deserves being mentioned. Nerfing such a class defining trait was beyond unacceptable to me. Balancing classes is fine and all, but there's a line, and that crossed it for me. I'm not sure I'll ever really play the game with the same gusto or enjoyment without it, and I don't PvP that often. It's simply knowing that something so important and such a part of a class could get axed makes me wary to get attached to anything in the game. Next we can take access to the Light from Paladins, yeah?

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
My only issues are with Cat and I think it's more my own ability than an issue with the rotation. Complex is fine. I wish my bear had more AoE snap-aggro at the beginning of a pull, but that's a numbers issue over a rotation. Overeager DPS give me a headache.

Versatility. Pretty much everything I said in the question about versatility, which kinda turned into a wish list. Sorry. :) Perma old tree of life is high up there. I might actually play my resto druid again, which could gateway me back into playing for real again.

Resto spells, really. I still use them, but they're downtime spells in PvE and PvP. I wish I could mix them in a bit more for PvP and as a cat in PvE. For feral -- I mash all my keys like a pro. If I had to pick one, I'd say ferocious bite. I'm not great at getting the timing where that's useful, but that's possibly my own lack of skill in cat form. I'm a bear, that's where I tend to do best at, my cat skills are respectable but not great.
Edited by Trieve on 9/12/2011 2:19 PM PDT

I would LOVE to have the option for a cosmetic perma tree of life, even if it's only a visual on the user's end rather than impacting gameplay (Obviously if it was a server side change it would require a visual indication for PVP purposes for the cooldown portion, which I am not against either). Having a permanent Tree form again would be fantastic!

Druids are SUPPOSED to be in forms. Cat form for feral dps, bear form for tank, moonkin form for ranged dps. Caster form for tree? Doesn't quite fit if you ask me!

Either a cosmetic solution that can be toggled on or off via a game menu or haircut style selection would be amazing, or even something more serverside (whatever is deemed worthwhile). Heck a glyph would work too. Druid forms to me lost their flash when I lost my perma tree of life, and I want it back to some degree :(

THIS
90 Human Paladin
-PvE

-Tanking heroics and raids, occasional moonkin or cat (in bear spec and gear) dps

-Being unable to use many of the class's utility moves in feral forms like Rebirth, Nature's Grasp, Thorns, Wild Mushrooms, etc.
-Being unable to look at my gear in combat, because I am always shapeshifted.
-Only one taunt (challenging roar is on much too long of a cooldown). Paladins have two. Warriors can refresh theirs with Vigilance.

-Stampeding Roar is a fun ability to have as a tank.
-Moonkin dps is fun because thy have a lot of fun toys. I wish some of the other specs got to use their fun utility moves like Solar Beam.

-Rage mechanics are much more annoying than a prot paladin's mana
-Manually applying tank debuffs

-I actually have a macro for all of my abilities that also uses Maul at the same time if I hold shift. I dislike the idea of a "rage dump." Instead, I wish we had some actual utility moves or something more interesting to use instead. However, I can't argue with glyphed Maul's usefulness on aoe pulls. The extra threat it provides is still necessary even after the threat changes when people go to town with their aoe.

-Utility moves available in all forms, more utility moves in general.
-I think it would be a benefit the class as a whole if all shapeshift spells became cooldowns, in a similar way to tree form. Then we could see our gear most of the time. We'd also have more freedom with the spells we use. That, and these cooldowns should do awesome things that make us want to use them as much as possible, and be on short cooldowns. In this scenario, it could also even make sense to add some more animals for druids to cycle through in their rotations.
-No longer having to apply debuffs manually.

-Anything not available in bear form, which is a shame because other classes aren't limited in such ways.
100 Tauren Druid
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PVE- Feral main. Moonkin alt that used to heal.

All

N/A- I despise PVP and blame it for all PVE balancing/homogenization ills.

Instant Flight Form is my greatest quality of life item. I have stopped healing since treeform was removed. That was a HORRIBLE decision. Allow us to glyph it as a permanent appearance and see how popular it is. Druids should be shapeshifted. That is a core ability for the class. Being able to track the brez counts in a fight should be built in. Herbing in flight form is awesome. Troll flight form graphic is fugly.

What makes playing your class more fun? Shapeshifting is the core ability. Deciding to shift to heal or brez or something like that is a key aspect. We have a great feral tree right now that makes you make tough choices and actually allows some hybrid bear/cat specs.

What makes playing your class less fun? The focus on direct damage recently has hurt. We were THE melee DOT class. Combine that with our mobility and we could move and DPS while still providing other key utilities. Now we can't afford to come off a mob to brez and our interrupts are so punishing to our (slow regenning) energy that we have to choose damage or utility. (Whereas an elemental shammy can interrupt without cost or a warrior actually gets a buff from interrupting.) For the moonkin, the recent change to Lunar Shower ruined the great fun that was Solar Cleaving.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I think I answered that above. Too much direct damage. Not enough DOTs. Ferals in ICC were perfect in my opinion when armor pen was king. Remove the eclipse energy gains from moonkin DOTs.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Cheaper interrupts. More DOTs/less direct damage. A cleave ability that is balanced for 2-4 mobs (like DKs) rather than choosing between single target and 5+. I wish bears were more like they were before- huge health pools and huge armor numbers that ate damage. I wish Moonfire didn't require facing. Insect Swarm and curses and Shadow Words do not. I wish Thorns didn't shift me out of form. Nature's Grasp doesn't. I would like to see some more consistency over what actions shift you out of form and which don't. Quest items, click to use items, etc sometimes shift us and sometimes don't.

What spells do you use the least? Balance spells on my feral. Hurricane on my moonkin. Hurricane has been so nerfed to force us to use shrooms, it hurts. And shrooms rely on you guessing and the tank positioning the mobs to be effective. Then your timing needs to be correct to detonate, unlike a hunter trap. It is a cool concept but VERY difficult to use properly.
100 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on?

Progression raiding, casual PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE?

25m HM progression

If PvP, what type of PvP?

casual arena, bg

Quality of life is pretty good right now, our damage is scaling well, we are competitive in both pve/pvp. I would like to see a ToL glyph for full time tree form with no bonuses. Having tier bonuses that drop from shifiting such as t11 SoTP was also a headache.

druid versitility, having a high skill cap and a lot of variations on reforging based on preference and encounter (for feral) and I love blocking with my face as bear.

lack of snare breaks on short(ish) cds, no fear breaks. Resto druids lack any defensive cds/mitigation - even with ToL from up its not difficult to tunnel a resto druid down in arena. They need a armor boost something fierce.

Feral rotation was made a lot easier this expansion and im on the fence about it. It has drawn a lot more people into feral but it also made it so the differnce between a good feral and a bad feral was closer. However, with the changes made to SR/FB last patch I feel like its a good spot right now were an amazing feral is amazing and an alright feral is still only alright.

1) have Tigers Fury break snares - its a strong offence cool down so having to choose to use it defensively and lose the burst feels like it wouldn't be OP. Maybe if used to break a snare it puts charge on cd until its over?

2) Have Feral Faerie Fire benefit additionally from hit, so that a hit capped feral will have it land 100% of the time on pve targets.

3) Having Staffs that proc forms like Fandrals does is amazing, Staffs each tier or every other tier that can do that would be great.

4) Glyph to make wrath ToL from permanent with 0 stat bonuses (strictly aesthetic) so I can play resto again and feel like a druid. Giant Brocolli form would still be a cooldown and work as it currently does.

5) Adjusting the cost on Skull Bash. For feral, 25 energy is a big commitment when your on a fight that requires both a high dps and flawless interrupts. I think SB is just a bit over budget on cost. Maybe 15 energy when talented would be more appropriate, especially when warriors/dk/paladins basically have a resource free kick. Although, as a long time kitty/bear, even having a kick has been a huge improvement.

Anything not in the feral tree. Except teleport moonglade. Love teleport moonglade.
85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Other (collections and achievements)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Bag and bank space. Trying to make space for vanity items plus equipment for each spec can be a challenge, especially while trying to hold onto items that are no longer acquirable by players. Veteran WoW players and collectors have more of these items that they are unwilling to destroy. With the risks involved with faction and server transfers, it also makes us less willing to use Blizzard paid services.

What makes playing your class more fun? One fun thing about being a druid is the hybrid opportunities. A cat that is able to tank awhile when the tank dies, a boomkin that can take over healing temporarily if a healer dies, or a resto druid that is able to complete other non-healing tasks while his HoTs safely maintain the health of his group.

What makes playing your class less fun? Recently the act of shapeshifting (one of our key hybrid traits) is not nearly as encouraged as it once was. Changes that have caused this were: isolating Disentanglement for resto druids only and the tree of life change to a cooldown. Let’s give boomkins (actually all druids) more reasons to shapeshift. By having Tree of Life as a large character model, it gives you the perfect opportunity to give us shorter range healing advantages ex. “Hey everybody, there’s a giant tree, we better run over there!” Perhaps to satifsy people who were disappointed by the loss of the psuedo-permanent form, you could allow people to maintain a treant like appearance with no healing bonuses. Considering all the treant models already in the game, it would be fun if resto druids had the same flexibility with a psuedo-permanent tree form that changes colors based on race, haircut, gear color, etc.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I am happy with the resto druid, boomkin, and bear rotations (unfamiliar with the current cat rotation). I have one minor complaint about the Resto druid rotation in relation to the Tree of Life cooldown. The Lifebloom/Regrowth modifications are probably the most powerful effects of the ToL CD. However, the practice of maintaining full 3-stack lifeblooms on multiple raid members has not been an important part of druid healing since Burning Crusade. Considering that we only get to practice this skill about 1/6 of our total healing time (max) because of the cooldown, it makes it hard to use this ability to the full potential. The default UI could be more helpful in the process also, by having the Lifebloom buff AND the stack number larger or more apparent.

What’s on your wish list for your class? More opportunities to use our hybrid roles/shapeshifting in the midst of combat and outside of combat. Give Resto druids back their Treant form, with color options; let the cooldown be tied to the healing bonus/spell modifications and size of the tree, not to the skin. I always thought it would be cool if Druids could create portals with their magic to druid affiliated locations like Cenarion Hold, Cenarion Refuge, etc.

What spells do you use the least? Claw, regular Faerie Fire, Cower, Track Humanoids
Edited by Abracadabra on 9/12/2011 2:07 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvP
If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs,WorldPvP

The changes to the talent trees pin-holing us into near cookie cutter specs. This removed previous viable spec options that allowed trade offs to pick up more survivability or utility depending on your personal preference and needs.

Mobility, being able to move quicker and escape from dangerous situations.
What makes playing your class less fun? Having multiple forms I can shift too as needed for utility as resto, but feeling as if the trade off is often to great to make use of them.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? It's fine as resto
What’s on your wish list for your class? Allow barkskin to be cast on others. Or some other mitigation spell than is usable on others.
A deep resto/ balance talent that converts a percentage of intellect into agility when in cat or bear form.
Change nurturing instincts to convert a percentage of agility to intellect when in caster form.
Allow one heal, perhaps regrowth or lifebloom, to be useable in all forms or create a new spell for this.
Allow melee hit and spell hit to be equal, allow the hit from balance of power to add to melee hit as well.
Combine expertise and spell pen.

What spells do you use the least? Sooth
90 Night Elf Druid
1. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus on PvE but enjoy the PvP scene sometimes.

2. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heriocs and achievements.

3. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

For PvP it's just normally BG's.

4. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I'm not a fan of reagents to begin with, but I do have an issue with how players build their talent specs, and I don't enjoy it.

5. What makes playing your class more fun?

The ability to instant-travel is fun, Flight form is great, but I wish we had an instand 100% ground speed form, at least we deserve it! Seriously though, it's a great perk.

6. What makes playing your class less fun?

The utter lack of customization... even as a Feral I'm required to use strict abilities and talents even in PvP.

7. How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

My roration is fine, though I still find myself worrying about Mangle too often.

8. What’s on your wish list for your class?

a. 100% Speed Ground Form.
b. More customization options.

9. What spells do you use the least?

a. Sleep (Should be expanded)
b. Stampede.
Edited by Sylver on 9/12/2011 2:08 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid
PVE

Heroics/Raids/Heroic Raids

My versatility in raids. I enjoy being able to go cat form on tank swap fights, and at least help the dps a little.

Having my survivability rely *purely* on RNG. Sitting at 42% dodge, and still taking 10+ hits in a row on H Baleroc (thus leading to constant wipes). Needing *spell* hit cap for Faerie Fire (Feral), needing any hit at all for Demoralizing Roar.

The threat generation rotation for bears is fine, see above about needing to cap hit for FFF and Demo Roar.

Only 2 things, both incredibly unlikely. I'd like either another form of avoidance/mitigation, or something *far* more reactive. Heck, I'd take a mastery that is worthwhile (50% chance to proc on a *crit*, for a 25-30k bubble, at most). Also, a raid-type CD would be nice (a la DK Rune tap, warrior Rallying Cry, paladin Divine Guardian).

Cower, Teleport:Moonglade, Challenging Roar, Nature's Grasp.
100 Night Elf Druid

PvE.

Dungeons/Heroics/Some raiding when life permits.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

None really. I've been playing a feral druid since Vanilla, and most of my quality of life issues were removed when Glyphs were introduced.

Sometimes, nothing. I enjoy being able to just DPS and worry about the fight at hand. However, at other times I do miss the need for all of my utility. There was a time when I was expected to pop out of cat form and give emergency heals, decurse, and be an emergency tank when something was attacking other party members and the tank couldn't pick it up. Now except for battle rez, most of that utility is no longer needed, and other players seem to look askance at you if you attempt to use it.

I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about my class. It's fun, engaging. And if I want a different play style, I don't have to level a new character to switch over. That being said, unless you frequently play each of those roles, trying to go into a different one for the first time and basically relearn your class from scratch seems a bit overwhelming.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

My rotation is usually fun, and I like that it changes depending on how the fight is handled. Sometimes it feels clunky and I wish I didn't have as many buttons to push, but that's maninly on high movement fights where I can't always be where I need to be to use a certain ability.

I'm utterly thrilled about Transmogrification. I'm excited to finally be able to wear the armor I want. However, I'm in cat form most of the time. I know there has been a lot of back and forth over the druid tree form, but frankly I'm just peachy being a cat all the time. As some have already stated, some options for form customization would be a dream come true. For my idea, it would be more along the lines of racial and/or armor options for the forms. Right now my idea is mainly for cat and bear since I can not think of a reasonable way this would benefit tree and Moonkin forms.

For the racials, I think players would enjoy the ability to take some of their caster form options and apply them to their spec form. As examples, Tauren could change their horns on cat and bear form. Night Elves could change their facial tattoos. Trolls could change their tusks. Worgen could change their snout/teeth.

As for the armor, that is a bit trickier. I realize that it's unreasonable to ask for our armor to show in our spec forms. As awesome as that would be, it's just not feasable with the way that armor is coded into the game for each individual race. However, options for armor would be a very interesting addition. Much like the Naga and our mounts have partial armor, I would enjoy seeing something similar on the spec forms. Since I'm a cat, and most familiar with it, I'll use it as an example. They can have options for front and rear leg armors, like the Tauren/Worge/Draenei/Trolls have currently. Not fully down onto the paws, and not all the way up. Perhaps also a type of armor that starts at the back of the head and continues partially down the back.

This way, even though the fun of Transmogrification could not be enjoyed in spec forms, at least we could still have options to make ourselves look different from the other druids.

Besides caster spells? Claw and Travel Form.
Edited by Silvastras on 9/12/2011 3:16 PM PDT
100 Worgen Druid
pve/pvp
raids
battlegrounds
being able to still heal while moving for the most part
versatility
not being able to have a tank spec while still being able to pvp as feral (cat) with out having to respec evertime i do a bg or dungeon
i have no issues with rotation but i do think i have energy problems in feral(cat)
i would like to see tree form come back as well as resto having an interrupt i think resto druids are the only healing class with out a reliable interrupt
noruish regrowth and savage roar
85 Night Elf Druid
- What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

My focus (and my joy in game) is my current guild's progression, which means raiding... slowly moving towards heroic raiding. I do like heroic dungeons and questing a lot too, specially questing with the new "storytelling" system.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I don't PvP much cause i don't have time to give it the proper attention, but when i queue for the laughs i like to do BGs, specially the ones with a certain impact on the world like TB.

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Druids are close to perfect IMO, there are certain balance issues (i still miss berserk's fear guard, for example) but i know that kind of thing will never disappear so i don't care that much.

Most of my complains come with the UI, for example like how combo points are hard to follow unless you have a proper add-on or how you pretty much need a healing add-on to heal, but that's not druid related i guess.

- What makes playing your class more fun?

As far as gameplay goes i couldn't be happier with my druid, specially the instant cast flying, and how i can loot quest items as a bird (in fact, you can pretty much quest as a bird, and thats awesome).

And of course, being able to play any role i want with just a re-spec away :)

- What makes playing your class less fun?

Whenever a vehicle fight/quest/whatever messes up with my shapeshift. The Battleship in ICC comes to mind, having to switch back to caster to use the rocket jump or get into the cannons was no fun. Its just 2 extra clicks you have to do, but when you just assume you can jump in as (let's say) cat, and you waste 1-2 whole seconds before you realize you're receiving an error message, kind of ruins the experience. The shift should be forced by the game or not needed, IMO.

- How do you feel about your “rotation”?

It's fun, I've raided in every spec and I've like them all, specially cat and balance, its complicated enough to not fall asleep but not that hard to be focusing too much on it you end up in standing in fire. Restoration doesn't have a set rotation but its pretty fun nowadays, i wouldn't change a thing.

I like bear too but i feel it could use less "rotational" buttons; building up lacerate when i have to look at the rest of the fight mechanics is not fun to me. On paper a bear has to do almost nothing, mangle > lacerate > pulverize > swipe. But when you're on the actual fight, watching your defensive cooldowns, mangle cooldown, grabbing adds, kiting... etc, i feel like I'm just mashing whatever i have rage to do. Not very compelling.

- What’s on your wish list for your class?

New moonkin and travel form models. Whenever i look at Thrall, or any a goblin while I'm in moonkin form... i feel like crying. Not because i care about graphics that much, but when all players/enemies/pets/etc doesn't look like they belong into the same world it kind of kills the immersion.

Something not as important but i think could be pretty cool would be armor on bears and cats. I know it involves a lot of work and testing, but what if it only applied to tier shoulders and helmets? Maybe gloves/legs in form of bracelets... but shoulders should suffice to give the distinctive look and make bears/cats look badass. And since the artist have to model shoulders/helm from scratch all the time, i don't think it'd be too hard to implement (cause I'm talking about new armor models, i don't care about the old ones or random greens, just new tier armor).

Other than that... i have no idea honestly. I am very happy playing a druid.

- What spells do you use the least?

Whatever doesn't belong to my spec. I'm not using Lacerate as restoration. But other than those obvious exceptions i use them all. Actually, I'm glad i finally have a use for Soothe.

I never use Claw, i can't remember even if that's the proper name. It serves no purpose, if you're not feral, why are you playing cat then? Now that Mangle comes free with the spec, claw should be removed.
90 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] mostly dailies and the occasional raid a little hard to get into them atm with all the other dps out there :)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] bgs currently dont have the gear quite yet for arena

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. although I love my druid its my favorite class the qualtity of life issue to me would be lack of customization with them. I mean the druid is a versitile class i can switch my specs around and fufil any roll, but while form switching and everything is amazing i dont get to see my gear much. So to me in exchange for not getting to see my epic gear id at least like to be able to customize my shapeshift forms like I can with my human form.

■What makes playing your class more fun? being able to be a versitile dps class when if the tank or healer dies i can battle res, or if the tank dies and my battle res is on cooldown i can pop bear and off tank as long as heals can keep me up or in a time of crisis i can pop tranquility and help the heals slightly.

■What makes playing your class less fun? not being able to form hop out of snares anymore i know alot of people who pvp with feral druids say they dont see an issue but i do especially when i have a mage root me every time i pop one of my cds until i dont have anymore or having a hunter sit and flare while in camo so i cant faierie fire him or feral charge then kites me when im spoted. also id like to either have something to help with feral energy to make me have more free caste, faster energy regen, or a lower cd on tigers fury. i mean thats not alot to ask for especially when looking at hunter focus regen they can steady shot if there low on focus to build back up and not lose dps while i gotta stand there for a sec or 2 for energy. I also hate the new eclipse system for boomkins it made me switch my off spec from balance to another feral spec because i hated it so much.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) i love my current rotation i wouldnt change any of it except shred maybe make me able to use it from anywhere so i dont lose dps using mangle.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? my wish list is some of the things listed above with a few more ideas i come up with. well idk how many people that play wow have played diablo 2, but to me the idea of a druid is exactly like the one from it. to me a druid can call on the power of nature to do battle, not turn into a big owlbeast and shoot energy from its little stub wings. by that i mean id like to be able to summon creatures to help me in combat as balance, along with being able to use nature energy etc to attack. I dont see the idea of moonkin if anything id make balance the normal caster and give resto the tree of life form back. for feral i want to have the old feel of it from LK where my dps might of been a little slow building up but then it would be toped out and sustained not burst if im a dot/bleed class i want to do dots/bleeds not crazy burst that everyone is crying about in pvp druids can go burst someone for a couple secs and people complain but a mage can ice lance crit u for over half ur hp and no one says a word... id also like to have the old regrowth back for resto where id caste it and it would do an ok amount of heals then have a longer dot and i could just keep it up with rejuv. get rid of the eclipse system and give balance another move or 2 so that way they can do top dps all the time instead of having to wait for eclipse threat dumps for all forms but bear would also be extremely nice the cower for kitty just isnt cutting it i can spam it using 20 energy every time its off cd and still pull threat even on really good tanks and i know its not just me just a little tired of dieing all the time from pulling :)

■What spells do you use the least? teleport to moonglade
Edited by Greénlee on 9/12/2011 2:29 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
-Both

-Raids

-Arenas, battlegrounds, and Rated battlegrounds.

-Being unable to use cosmetic items while in moonkin form, such as Noggenfogger, Iron Dwarf Flask, ect... Also with transmogrification on the way I am a bit worried about the lack of being able to show your armor as a moonkin.

-Different Forms.

-Being in boomkin form all the time.

-I feel the balance druid rotation is in a complex state at the time. Balance druids are stuck with there eclipse bar which, I believe holds them back.

-Wish List for Balance druid:
    I wish we would not have to stay in boomkin form for everything. I am not saying I want to get rid of the balance druid form, but simply putting in some new colors or arts would be nice to have.
    I wish we could be arena (3v3) viable. As of right now there are very few comps we can play with and not get roflstomped. There are many ways I have posted in the past that would fix the issue we have in PVP.
    I wish we could cast rebirth in boomkin form.
    I wish Wild mushroom could be a more "included" spell in PVP. As of right now we just cast it and people move out of them, only way they are included is to slow a player and they are not forced to walk into the stuff on the ground.
    I wish we could heal in moonkin form, from our talents. In pvp this would fix a big amount of the issues we have we have to pop just gcds to stop dpsing and heal and pop back into boomkin form.
    I wish Typhoon would STOP glitching like it has for a very long time. Please fix this issue.
    I wish hurricane had more use. As of right now it cost way to much mana and not as good as multi dotting everything, which has been nerfed.
    I wish the eclipse bar would be revamped or dropped in all. As of right now its one of the many reasons our Player vs Player is not good. It needs some work done to it so it works better.
    I wish we had an instant cast spell we could hit while moving and not oom us. Nerfed lunar shower and now we have no ability to cast and move when we are running or moving.
    I wish Force of Nature was a casted spell and not cast and place.
    I wish Solar Beam would silence the interrupted target for 8 seconds.
    I wish Moonkins had a stun.

-Aquatic form
-Wild Mushroom
-Hurricane
-Teleport: Moonglade
-Soothe
-Hibernate
Edited by Scarie on 9/12/2011 2:18 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]