Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
Resto/Moonkin

1.What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

2.If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/some Raiding

3.What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Losing form when mounting, not having more looks for forms (thinking glyphs like those for mage sheep)

4.What makes playing your class more fun?
Shapeshifting forms and versatility

5.What makes playing your class less fun?
Lack of interrupts for Resto/Moonkin (though I know we have many other tools we bring, I would still like to interrupt)

6.How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I dig the Moonkin rotation right now, it's active, fun, and can be altered quite a bit with talents.
For Resto, the low damage rotation is good.

7.What’s on your wish list for your class?
As stated perviously, glpyhs for different looks or moonkin/cat/bear.

8.What spells do you use the least?
Resto - I actually use every single spell for often.
Moonkin - All except for Nature's Grasp, as it is more of a PvP skill.
85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both Resto/Resto - Feral off that i dont use

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Dungeons and Raiding

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Currently BG's aspiring Arenas

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

PvE- Resto- feels awesome great utility and you feel like a strong healer

PvP-Resto- Healing PvP as resto is Do-able but your frankly a Giant walking target that says free kill untill your in ruthless. druids are easily controlled or burned down in PvP Shamans Purging all ur HoTs like Purge has no cost doesnt help Priests as well. rather difficult to deal with Burst damage as druid in PvP trade off really for strong in PvE so ill deal with it =]

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Being a High Mobility Healer, tree form ( Mines glyphed!) HoT healing is unique. like Cmon ima druid! i feel like a serious asset to a Raid Group.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

PvE-when my LB stacks drop off since im dealing with Damage across the raid and 3 GCD's to reapply to tank. we arent the strongest single target healer ever so picking up the slack for a Disc priest in a raid on Baleroc isnt exactly mana efficient.

PvP-Very Easily Killed in PvP right now Enhanc shammy Charging around behind you like a Oncoming storm spamming purge is absolutly terrifying and restrains your self healing completely and if you Hardcast with the shammy behind you their 6 second Cd interrupt makes a mess of you. its also oddly hard to escape from rogues with form shifting since they almost immiediatly get the slow on you again.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Druid healing rotation is great, was fun to pick up beginning of cata ( regardless of numerous Mastery changes xD) and i wouldnt change a thing Healing side PvE or PvP.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

id enjoy just a Hair more Survivability currently in PvP , just a hair be it armour increases to travel form. other then that druid feels about right.

■What spells do you use the least?

Good Question i gotta think on that! i dont use regrowth a whole heck of a lot unless its free from OoC but thats the design behind it so no complaints, maybe a faster Nourish again? half second maybe? the 3 rejuv = faster Nourish is cool but i use WG on a group and rejuv 1 target-swiftment before id rejuv a load of ppl due to mana costs and long Raid battles.

90 Troll Druid

Casual PvE/PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Zul heroics for weekly VP cap, t11 raids, slight interest in Firelands possibly one day, but not at the moment

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Any type of PvP is enjoyable

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

3x Lifebloom stacks

What makes playing your class more fun?

Lots of different possibilities for all situations through shape shifting

What makes playing your class less fun?

Being fragile and requiring constant baby-sitting by my allies in PvP

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

3x Lifebloom stacking is tedious and doesn't seem to be necessary

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Increased damage reduction (15%) from Perseverance from all sources and not just spells.
Resto PvP 4-set bonus allowing lifeblooms on 2 targets instead of the -2 seconds from swiftmend. IMO, this would bring resto druids to a great state in PvP and wouldn't affect them in PvE at all.

What spells do you use the least?

Nourish
90 Human Warrior

Just PvE - Balance Druid

Mostly Heroics, a raid here or there.

none.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having to switch forms to go on a land mount is a pain for balance druids.

Love the detonating mushrooms, love the flight form.

LONG casting time on the main spells on the rotation. Hard to cast on heavy movement fights.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As stated above. Interesting design on the eclipse resource stuff, but the casting time for the spells can be long.

1. Being able to mount in moonkin form
2. Either a glyph so we don't have to show moonkin form, or a way to display armor on the moonkin, so we all don't look the same.
3. faster casting spells

Farie fire, I always go with a prot warrior.
85 Tauren Druid

PvP Resto

N/A

Rated BG's, Arena's, and Random BG's

I'd like to be shapeshifted. Being out of form makes me feel like less of a druid.

Instant flight form, Instant HoT's, Other mobility forms, The burst healing I have available.

CC's. Really. If I'm playing Arenas particularly, I don't like to be unable to myself or my partner for a good 20 seconds in gosh darn 2's. Playing my character is fun; not being able to play my character and failing my teammate isn't.

Healers don't have a rotation. It's fine, in my opinion. I don't mind it other than the long cast times on our casted heals.

A tree-form that doesn't have a length or cooldown. You can make the 'tree of life' we have now just a spell like Nature's Swiftness or something.

Nourish and Healing Touch on the Resto side. And less than that are the balance/feral spells.
90 Troll Druid

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Everything

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas as well as partial Rated BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I Like the current Druid status and I don't wish for much change, however I would like to mention that resto druids need spells with faster output in my opinion.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
We have 4 viable specs, and a whole ton of spells to use and improvise with.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Not enough major spells per spec, for example, kitties use about 6 spells for its main rotation, which is much too less and too easy.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Feral kitties are too easy to play nowadays because of the dot refresh change, I feel that it's way too easy to play a feral kitty currently with its high mobility as well as the constant dots being too easy to control. Also shred being strong enough to almost disable ferocious bite, I feel Ferocious bites needs to be buffed enough to become increasingly viable so that they can replace rip refresh at certain times.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Increase resto instant casts or throughput in a short period of time, as well as make feral rotation harder.
# What spells do you use the least?
Probably Challenging roar when I'm on a tank with taunts.
90 Tauren Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
A: Casual focus nowadays on both due to real life changes.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
A: PvE is Heroics, 4.3 might open up the possibility of raiding once again.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
A: BG's, eventually Arena and Rated at some point after some computer upgrades.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

A: Moonkin is in the toilet it seems from a PVP standpoint, I'd like to go back to it, but I'd always need to run with a group of friends, or at least consistently with the same people, due to social changes within WoW, this gets more difficult. Futhermore, the tauren moonkin form is so depressingly overdue for an overhaul in the looks department, its another reason why I don't entertain the thought of playing that spec in any role.

Feral: Others have said it already, the energy/rage gains in many situations just seems to be behind on regeneration a little too much.

Travel Form: Indoor use would be nice, shamans have it now, so why not us?

Resto. PVP, fall behind on the gear curve and you are doomed. Pillar hump and LoS, do anything else and you're dead.No more dancing and other emotes with the tree forms....talk about the dissemberment of fun on a freezing scale greater then that of -220 degrees Kelvin (that's when atomic sub-cells cease to move)

# What makes playing your class more fun?
A: The versatility, 4 roles available to you on one character is great. You just have to farm up a new set of gear, while in the meantime still progression your character even when getting off the track.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Entangling Roots and there amazing ability to break on the first tick of damage 93% of the time, then it sure seems like 100% on the 2nd tick. Cyclone is on to short of a range, do to being OP in season long gone, we still pay for it now as others do to with their CC.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I found the balance once a little clunky, but could get used to if the spec ever got some love.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Moonkin form change for Tauren, less early breaking on Entangling Roots. Perhaps the change to Prowl for the cooldown to go back into it to start counting down when you enter it the first time, thus you could pop right back into Prowl.
Bear tanking seems to simplistic, more tools aimed towards utility/versatile from a bear standpoint would be nice.

# What spells do you use the least?
Teleport Moonglade, Stampeding Roar(just have to remember that one), thorns at times
90 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on?
There is no specific focus, but I do PvP more-so then PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
heroics, raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
arena, rated bg's, normal bg's, war games, world pvp, ganking :D

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Typhoon; NEEDS to be more like elemental shamans thunderstorm IMO :)

The ability to heal, CC, shapeshift out of most snares/slowed movement speed, stealth, and the ability to blow people up.

Being "squishy" even with 4k resil...in moonkin form (+15% dmg reduction)...Deathknights also. LOL

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I love it.

100% mana return for moonkins with self-innervate, while being non-dispellable :D

HURRICANE. Mostly because it causes hardly any damage, while using 16k mana...makes absolutely no sense.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both, though its been more PvE lately.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Regs for the moment as I gear up a new bear, then on to heroics. I've never been a huge fan of raids, the Mario inspired fights are more than I care for.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• BGs. Frankly, I don't consider arena to be PvP since you don't allow use of all abilities.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I can't think of any that don't violate the "what we're not looking for" clause.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Adaptability. As much as I love tanking on my bear, I really enjoy queuing DPS and being able to step in if the tank or healer goes down. The instant versatility of the class is unmatched.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• No perma-tree. What, you had to know it was coming.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Depends entirely on where I am. In PvP it's ok. DPS PvE isn't bad. Tanking could use some help. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spamming swipe as much as the next guy but it does get a bit mundane.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• My perma-tree back, even if only cosmetically. I rolled a druid for the tree and haven't healed as druid since Cata came out.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul][/quote]

I have a pretty standard rotation for bear and cat so the honest answer is, most of them.
    85 Troll Druid
    Just a note - I played for only a few months of wrath and have only seen cata endgame content so I think I am less biased than others about druid past, but may not be as wise as others either.

What type of content do you focus on? PvE (Resto/Bear)
    If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and Raids (I raid resto and do 5-mans in bear spec)

- my heals seem very slow. HoTs are very effective, but it's hard to predict damage and I find it challenging to be both efficient and quick in my healing - I overheal a lot.
    - I find it's hard to gear well as bear. Dodge is not naturally on gear and mastery is not always present, and I want mastery on every piece of gear. Always. Bear Tank Trinkets are also very limiting, or are dps trinkets with agil and very hard to get since everyone rolls on them.
    - I like the tree form cooldown a lot but it is very slow to ramp-up. I'm glad it is a long duration since popping it causes GCD. I think I'd like it if it was off the GCD and gave spell haste instead of 15% healing power increase. In 5-mans it's great but in 10-mans it's slow and in 25s it's not really worth it to spam LB and only use it for the 15% healing increase and the instant regrowths. I know trees aren't known for their agility but I think that transferring the healing power to a slight spell haste would make it a lot more fun and effective to use and you could balance it of course.

- Flexibility, cool shapeshifting, great healer spell effects (tree, tranq)

- I find it very hard to tell when I'm facing my enemies when in bear form - strafing always looks weird and I find positioning difficult

- Healing rotation is fine, but I wish the hots were quicker. Bear rotation is pretty boring.

- cooler talents!
    - cooler talents!
    - cooler talents!
    - better pve gear sets - more antlers please! Less random out-of-nowhere gear sets like the t12. I think it's fugly, sorry.

- Teleport: Moonglade
    - Claw
    - Hurricane
    - Cower. It's absolutely useless. Waste of a GCD.
    85 Tauren Druid
    PvP - Restoration

Heroics

All.

I loved tree form and was very sad when they took it out.

The HoT abilities with a few extremely powerful CDs when used correctly.

Not very good for direct healing which can sometimes be a problem.

It's fast paced keeping HoTs on everyone. I don't find any problem with it.

A better direct heal such as lowering the cast time on Healing Touch.
    Tree Form coming back.

Nourish.
    87 Night Elf Druid
    Resto PVE and PVP perspective.

What type of content do you focus on? Both, Mainly PVE though.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? BG's and some Rated BG's

Tree of Life on the GCD can be a pain sometimes. Having fights that require "direct heals" due to fight mechanics (like Baleroc) make me feel at a slight disadvantage in those instances. Other than that, I love resto druid healing overall.

Being able to utilize multiple druid forms regardless of spec (mainly in pvp), the abundance of smart heals, aoe heals, and instant heals, being an effective healer on the move

Lack of strong direct heals, mana regen spell being only beneficial to me (nearly wasted casting on someone else), ramp up time when solo healing tanks that require frequent swapping.

Other than the three gcd's that have to be dedicated every time lifebloom is stacked, I find the resto druid kit to be very efficient.

I'd love for Regrowth to have a stronger direct heal at the cost of a weaker HoT, Tree of Life off of the GCD, Have lifebloom retain it's stack if switched from one person to another (would not work during Tree of Life, of course).
    Now that battle resurrection has limitations per encounter, why not take away the cooldown and treat it like a potion. Only usable once during the encounter, but have a much smaller cooldown. (I know that this could be OP in PVP situations but could the cooldown not be adjusted depending on the setting?)

I honestly can't think of a resto specific spell I don't use frequently. A properly used resto druid doesn't lack in any area.
    85 Human Paladin
    - To not keep rage when powershift in bear (or just pop out to cast a spell). With furor, rage should be like energy and decrease at normal rate when not in bear instead of just wipe it.

- Shapeshift spell are on same global cooldown than all other spells. Feral spec suffer a lot of that in pvp.
    85 Tauren Druid
    PvE

Heroics until I have time for raiding later on

BGs

Need to bring back tree form, or give tauren females a less manly looking bear/cat form.

Berserk Swipe! The ability to solo older content with no serious problems.. (Something I am not skilled at on my priest, since they still take damage)

Worrying about being dropped down a peg in feral scares me.

Fun.. still learning but it keeps me busy.

Better bear/cat forms without having to succumb to the Alliance.

Wild Mushrooms. But... I don't play boom!
    85 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on?
      PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
      Questing, Regular and Heroic 5-man dungeons.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
      n/a

Lack of mobility, too many highly-situational abilities, not enough macro slots.

Mobility in and out of combat.

Being snared

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
      I like it.

Return shifting out of snares.

The exploding mushrooms
    90 Tauren Druid
    I feel starsurge should do more dmg then starfire by ateast 20% because its a nuke not the same. I feel that our pvp survival and our pvp dmg needs a lil buff...
    85 Tauren Druid
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Both, but mostly PvP

Heroics and Raids

Arenas (mostly 2x2) and BGs

- In restoration spec:

Bringing back Tree of Life perma-form. If the heal boost and some spell changes are the problem to keep a perma-form, just rip them off from the base form and give us a kind of cooldown to activate them that lasts 40 seconds as we get now. It could generate a kind of aura surrounding the tree for example to enphasize we are on this state (a 3 min CD talent named "Elune's Miracle" we could pick up as resto for example =p)

- In balance spec:

Any kind of insta-peel CD like all casters have. For example: if a priest gets mobed, he can fear. Lock can either teleport or death coil. A mage can blink and frost nova. All of our CC's are casted, so we are very prone to interrupts when focused (ok Nature's Grasp is instant, but it only works in mele and in a very limited fashion, since if you are rooted or snared as well it gets a lot harder to avoid that damage that would kill you). And shifting to bear form generate rage to Stun (depends on your talents) is a waste of some GCDs that could get you killed in some situations.

- Overall

Stop using reagents to Rebirth. All druids nowadays have it glyphed, so it could open up a slot in our glyphs to some more interesting stuff. We already glyph Rebirth to restore 100% health, so i don't think we need 2 different glyphs occupying 2 slots to the same spell.

Well, i just love playing a druid. I love the "Balance" kind of magic and restoration hot-based cures. Ah, and i love Tranquility the way it works now, specially when talented to reduce its CD. :)

Not being in a form in restoration mode and ubber dependent on a partner to peel as a moonkin.

The eclipse mechanics could be improved a little either. For example> today the solar eclipse buffs a lot more AoE spells than lunar (Huricane, Typhon, Moonfire -> Sunfire and Shrooms). Some of those spells should also be affected with Lunar eclipse so we wouldn't be ubber dependant to stay on solar for AoE purposes. Ok, we got starfall, but that's just one CD compared to other AoE more frequently needed on those kind of fights.

Well, already explained the eclipse mechanics. This is one point. The other is moving out of solar -> lunar. It's just too slow compared to moving from lunar -> solar. I don't know about the damage throughput in both states to really compare though.

- A lifebloom instant 3 stacks for resto. It's a nuisance to spend a ton of globals to just keep your team alive on hard switches while other healers can stay absolutely free to cast other damage / utilities spells while handling damage on their teams and top their mates.

- The return of my perma-tree form.

- An instant peel CD to boomkins.

- Thorns. Since it's not glyphed and the damage is so insignificant to resil targets, i only use it on some situations (like tanking a quick attacker as rogue in resto spec for instance).
    - Teleport to Moonglade (/rolleyes).
    Edited by Vakapower on 9/12/2011 3:22 PM PDT
    90 Night Elf Druid

Primarily PvE

I'm Primarily a Raider (tank)

N/A

Gear, I know this is going to be said a lot but Gear. Every other class out there has specific gear for tank/dps/healer. As a bear I have to compete with Rogues and other Druids for main gear. And Rogues, Druids, Hunters and Shamans for accessories. Pally/dk/warrior tanks only compete with each other for gear. And as there is usually only 2 of them in a raid there is a lot less competition and it's easier to gear then for a Druid.

Fear. Loosing the fear break from berserk hurts us so much. Would love that back

Trying to balance pve and pvp with one spec. Rather annoying when we get a huge PVE nerf because cat druids in PVP were breaking a system. (fear nerf, root nerf)

The versatility of being a druid. I can switch to being a cat when I'm not tanking (tank swap) and help with damage to the raid. Can pop out of tanking and help heal (weakly but it's there)

Chasing casters around like a lost puppy, would kill for a silence.

How do you feel about your "rotation"? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's pretty good. I play both a paladin and a Druid tank and I vastly prefer the druid tanking rotation. The paladin one is very strict, where as the druid one is a lot more varied. It makes it enjoyable to play.

What's on your wish list for your class?

* A way to pull Casters without running into agro range of the whole room. Every other tank has it, Avenger's shield, Death grip, gag order. Why can't we :(

* 4 tier sets. We desperately need this. Ramming dps and tank onto one set just isn't cutting it anymore. when 4/5 non tier pieces that drop are better(or comparable, only our shoulders outshine everything else) then our tier set stat wise then our tier gear for tanking that's a problem. Again saying the other 3 tanks have dedicated gear for them. So they don't have 1/2 their point allotment with useless stats. (hit, expertise, haste).

* More stat freedom. As it stands right now we want 2 stats on our gear(crit/hit), then reforge to a 3rd(dodge). Be nice if we could be more like DK where everystat is desirable (for now hit/expertise less desirable soon but they still like dodge, parry, mastery, crit, haste)

*Agi Dodge gear.

*Dodge gear with Agi on it.

*A way to spread Lacerate stacks to other mobs in aoe. Like thunderclap does for warriors or that disease spread ability thingi for Dk.

*To not look like a rogue (why must almost all (tsanga's helm only exception) non Tier gear have to match the rogues gear? We look like Liberace got dressed in the dark while drunk. none of our gear matches unless were in full tier. But as it stands we really don't want to be in full tier because it's cat centric not bear centric.

Discounting cool downs or non bear related abilities

For single target, Swipe and demoralizing roar. (only use it to keep the debuff up)

For AOE, FFF. I actually use Demoralizing roar a lot in my aoe rotation, with 3 or less adds(aka big mobs not small non elite or weak elites (think dragons in Halfus)) mobs i will put lacerates on them all and keep that refreshed while using my thrash/swipe rotation.
    Edited by Telliana on 9/12/2011 3:30 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]