Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

91 Undead Rogue

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvP

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas and RBGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Tree Form is not enjoyable to look at or to use.

Lifebloom being only on one target (along with weak burst healing outside of Tree From) is killing resto druids in arena. Swaps are un-manageable for druids outside of Mage/Lock/Druid.

Mastery is not worth it especially for PvP because you rarely cast a heal and the mastery buff lasts only 10 sec.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Being able to heal properly in arena at a competitive level as the other healers. I want to be able to heal as Melee/caster/heal or Melee/melee/heal not just Mage/Lock/Druid

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Not being able to heal enough in pvp environment. Healing 1 target is fine and powerful, but when you have to heal 2 targets or you have to switch to healing another target, the ramp up time is too slow and our direct heals heal for way too little.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Wild Growth glyph or talent that reduces the number of targets healed to 2 or 3 but increases the amount healed by 75 - 100%. If needed increase the CD a few secs.

Tree Form removed or moved and a new end talent introduced.

• What spells do you use the least?

Mushrooms
Thorns
90 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All, moreso RBGs and Arenas
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
TBH- as much as I like the idea of the "tree buff" I still miss the tree w/ some limitations that took you out of it. #SavetheForest
What makes playing your class more fun?
Druids are very flexible, being able to hop from one spec to the next and have the game completely change is great
What makes playing your class less fun?
The fact that all rogues do is cry about how they can't kill us in 2 shots.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
well since wrath it's been about the same >> lbx3 rejuv, sm, wg *rg proc?* repeat
What’s on your wish list for your class?
changing the looks of flightform like you can w/ bear and cat maybe :)
What spells do you use the least?
depends if i'm in pvp or pve mode. HT i'll never use in pve same w/ NS, but i'll use it all the time in arena. Efflorescence i don't use in pvp at all, but obviously in raids i do
80 Gnome Warrior
What type of content do you focus on?
I play Resto for PvP and Feral (tank) for PvE.

I REALLY fell out of the raiding scene. The way heroics ramped up initially and the way players handled it, coupled with the kinds of guilds on my server and how guild leveling turned out, made the social aspects unpleasant at best. Ultimately I stuck with casually doing heroics with friends but the limits on kicking players caused me to stop even doing that as I routinely ended up with players spending large amounts of time AFK or generally not contributing and on often occurrences even actively sabotaging the group.

STRICTLY BGs due to the absolute frustration Arenas bring about and my social connections completely abandoning the plan to do Rated BGs. I can't comment if RBGs are any fun as I ended up never doing them at all.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Aquatic form is STILL hideous. I really don't like how the tree form panned out in PvP as it's just a beacon to get killed so much so that I don't even use it anymore and consider it something to spec away from. But more so than ANYTHING ELSE: Glyph of Entangling Roots went from one of the coolest glyphs in the game to one of the dumbest. Having an interesting trade off in losing a cast time for gaining a cool down was acceptable as it allowed the spell to be used on the fly. Now... I didn't remove it because I'm so fed up with healing overall that it'd just be a waste of gold.

I'M A BIRD! That and I can be a dps, a tank or a healer depending on my own skill and dedication.

Aquatic form, I feel like healing's really wonky. Healing feels caught between my priest and the old druid. I don't like how the static ratings worked out, resil and haste. You need X amount to hit H breakpoint but since those numbers don't change you're always tweaking gear and gems and enchants to make sure you hit that magic number with constantly changing gear. That'd be all fine and dandy if it was more of a choice, like some kind of "I feel like doing THIS" slider, but instead it panned out to being a make-it-or-break-it situation. If I DON'T have that haste, and that spell power and blah blah blah, I'm broken and I'm removed. I know there's always going to be optimized specs and styles but I'm left comparing it to, say, my mage that only needs a minimum haste and crit to function and after that it's up to me which I focus on or even balance between based on my own play style.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Feral tanking is kinda weird. I still say Feral Charge should be free or generate rage. There's no reason to keep maintaining its special snowflake appeal. It's a suck version of the warrior ability. Other than that it's kinda fun to pay attention. Reminds me of rend+clap or sundering or blah blah blah. Things to monitor. I guess I'd like the UI to further emphasize MY debuffs from the raids. Slightly bigger is nice but I want ELDERLY PERSON SIGHT mode where my icons are just absolutely massive.

Redo worgen flight form as it is INCREDIBLY bland compared to the worgen race as a whole. Slightly revamped models/skins for the boomkin as they too are really boring compared to what they could be (all races) and aquatic/travel form need to be replaced. Make it a glyph, make it part of the game, make it a spell effect- what EVER just make it happen. Cheetah is lame and that "seal" is STILL a nightmarish abomination found nowhere in the wild.

As a feral? HANDS DOWN RESURRECTION. I have to drink every time so I end up bringing back the healer and saying "brb" for the rest because this is dumb. Dumb as hell. As for resto like I mentioned before I just about never use the tree form because of the "KILL THIS GUY!" attention it gets and how little power it pumps out to compensate. And Soothe or w/e that removes an enrage effect; It's really hard to tell when some enrage effects are going.
100 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics/Raids, as both a bear tank and cat dps

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- Quest items that knock me out of cat form to use, especially when they'll end up putting me in combat and I'll have to switch back. Some examples would be the drums to summon worms for the Northrend Argent Tournament Daily or the blessed herbs that cleanses furbolg in Darkshore.
- Interactions that should knock me out of a form that don't, such as some taxi vehicles (eg the Argent Hippogryph for the Get Kraken! daily at the Tournament).
- Spells that knock me out of my forms, such as buffing (Mark of the Wild, Thorns) and crowd control (rooting, Cyclone, Hibernate, Soothe).

What makes playing your class more fun? The versatility. I like being able to swap roles fairly easily, even mid-fight

What makes playing your class less fun? I got nothing. This is my favorite character.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Pretty good. It'd be nice if I didn't have to keep Demo Roar up when I'm only fighting one target (I'd like to still be able to push it to put the debuff on nearby mobs I'm not tanking). No complaints with the cat rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Better models for mutant sea lion form and travel form (it'd be nice if there were a reason to use travel form again, but I imagine non-ferals still get use of it).

What spells do you use the least? Travel form and Cower
Edited by Fahooquazaad on 9/12/2011 3:46 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Ten Man Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] None

More customization for forms. I liked the idea on bears and kitties but I'd like to see it implemented on Moonkins and maybe even trees to an extent. (Maybe maple leave skin or oak leaves??)

The ability to just do massive amounts of healing. I like this style, it separates us from the rest of the healers and adds diversity to the already homogenized game. Adding a cooldown such as Aura Mastery or PW:B would just make us like other healers in my opinion.

I like the class the way it is. I would've liked to see a new resto spell for Cataclysm, other than the Tree of Life change.

For healing I feel it is great, the way Swiftmend works is perfect how it requires a HoT to be used then for maximum output from Efflorescence you have to place it well. Everything ties in very nicely with a little grey area on some spells to help keep the rotation and spell usage interesting.
For Moonkin DPS, it feels a little to predictable at times, even with Genesis and Shooting Stars procs.

A new resto spell, that isn't a cooldown. Maybe like Rejuvenation / Wild Growth spell, heals for a lot then diminishes over time on one target.

Teleport: Moonglade
(In a raid setting I feel I use Tree of Life very conservatively, removing the Global Cooldown would probably up my usage just for the fact that I don't waste a precious GCD.)
85 Night Elf Druid
PVE

Raids, 25-Heroic Mode

Laying mushrooms feels a little clunky. Wasting a gcd to shift back into moonkin form after casting a healing spell or a battle rez. No customization to moonkin form (it's looked the same for years).

The ability to switch to a different role if I get bored of playing my current role. If I grow bored of ranged DPSing, I can switch to healer or tank or melee DPS. No other class has this much diversity.

Lack of moonkin customization, the clunkiness of the eclipse system, the constant nerfing of abilities to conform to pvp play (solar cleave, instant roots, starsurge damage, etc)

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
The eclipse system is VERY clunky. Going thru the entire rotation is like riding a roller coaster. If you are in a solar state, you are at a high point and you're aoe dps is great. But if you are not in an eclipse state or even in a lunar state, then your dps suffers. If you need to burst aoe and you are not in solar, then your dps is bad. Basically, you need to do a lot of pre-planning and time-management (ie when Meloriak is in green phase, a moonkin needs to be in a solar state to do maximum dps, so you need to predict a boss mechanic and be in the right state or you are at a dps loss).

A better and more consistent eclipse system (no ups and downs). Customization to moonkin form. Less nerfing to satisfy pvp concerns.

Abilities that are used or useful to feral forms (ie rake, growl, cower, faerie fire) since I am a caster. HURRICANE (This aoe spell is too expensive and weak!)
Edited by Shaqanna on 9/12/2011 4:02 PM PDT
86 Worgen Death Knight

PVE (bear druid)

Heroics(solely as a need to cap VP points if I missed any FL bosses, definitely not for fun seeing as there are only 2 different heroics you can get from zg/za and that makes them exceedingly repetitive and boring, but that's another subject) /Raids

Lack of decent range threat abilities. Pretty much get FFF which misses VERY OFTEN and sometimes isn't even enough threat to pull off healers, and one taunt on a 8 second CD. 1 charge that requires half the rage generated by enrage(1min cd) leaving you with hardly any rage to get any instant threat with if you charge.

The short period of time when I could use Potion of Illusions in bear form.
The ability to fill all 3 rolls (tank, dps, heals). Though getting a full set of off spec gear from the current raid in a 10man raiding guild is close to impossible.

Looking like any other lvl 10 grey/green newb to lvl 85 uber geared heroic raider. I wouldn't mind this as much if you would actually let us use fun character changing items like all other classes get to enjoy but no... we need to look at those "new" bear skins and like them.
GG transmog useless in this case. Kinda makes me regret making my druid my main for Cata, I'll probably swap it for a different tank next expansion if we don't get any skin changes or items to change our looks.

Also tank swap fights like Rag... yawn

Easy Rotation, but I guess we'll see where it is after 4.3. Still WTB some more utility, druid tanks have 1 crappy charge that requires rage (warriors get 2 + intervene + heroic leap... wtf blizz), ZERO raid cds except... roar? All we have really are Brez and the new 5% innervate... Both of which require you to be out of your tank form so usually can't use them while tanking a boss.

Demo Roar, FFF to miss less... quite annoying when FFF misses 4 times in a row on a boss, thats almost half a minute with no armor debuff.

A talent that reduces the cost of bear charge, or just flat out remove the cost so we can actually get decent pulls on anything if enrage isn't off CD.

A raid CD, new Sprint/charge spell, or aoe stun. Just some cool ability, like heroic leap, that makes bears feel like they're good for and doing more for the raid than just being a boss punching bag. :)

Soothe - not many uses for, Hurricane - needs a buff, Thorns - I'd use it if I could cast it in bear form.
Edited by Quarantíne on 9/12/2011 3:57 PM PDT
71 Blood Elf Paladin
I play a Feral DPS Druid on Suramar.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] 5 man Dungeons and Regular Raids - rarely but sometime Heroics. (I like to solo stuff?)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Tiger's Fury CD not being possible in any fun way to synch with the rest of the rotation.

The Wrath (around Ulduar time) Feral incarnation was the best - it was complex enough to keep me focused on the game (which I have a lot of difficulty to do).
It's still the one of the main reason I have fun playing it - along with just the sheer pleasure of not being a humanoid and how mobile it feels (used to feel more mobile though...)

On my Feral Druid - more often than not, punitive game mechanics. Shred position requirement doesn't bother me much, but Bosses like Kologarn are annoying.
Heavy adds fights where there's no possible way to use bleeds but not enough mobs to use shred. Or heavy movement fight for the same reason. (Most fights are fine or I can stay on the boss, but sometimes not..)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It's fine - it used to be more fun with shorter timers but higher CPs generation (70% crit+savage roar)

Dual wielding claw weapons.

Out of those I do use - Innervate (really, can we get it back, just give it to 2 other specs or so - put some restrictions but it's one of the thing I miss the most on my druid) it feels so useless to pop out to give 2K mana.

Out of those I really don't use...
Claw I guess..
Edited by Valérie on 9/12/2011 3:54 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on?

PVE Feral Cat

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids

Not having a good way to burst in a target swap situation. If you know it's coming you can save up energy and Tiger's Fury, but if it happens randomly and you are caught without energy or CDs it is impossible to burst a new add.

Having actual gearing choices. The way gear works for us now Ilvl is the only thing that matters. A piece with a higher ilvl will always be an upgrade and that is really boring. I miss spending half an hour figuring out a new gearing and gemming set up every time I got a new piece of gear. With all our secondary stats having essentially the same weight it simply doesn't matter.

Not having Ferocious Bite in the rotation. This was largely fixed with the last buff to it, but I put it here in the hopes that it NEVER happens again. Weaving three finishers is what makes an otherwise very straight forward rotation challenging and interesting. Please make sure you always consider FB any time you tweak our numbers for any reason.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Since FB was fixed it is great again. The overhaul going into WotLK was exactly what the class needed and pretty much every change since has only improved it. The only things that could hurt it are if a) FB is taken out again or b) we get another annoying set bonus like 4pT11. Speaking of which, the thing I really disliked about it was that it punished us way too harshly for using our utility (like brez and Tranq). I also didn't like how every other melee got the same bonus naturally by doing their normal rotation while ferals had to go out of our way to stack it.

As I mentioned earlier, a better way to target swap is the biggest thing I can think of.

Innervate. It has been nerfed so hard I don't understand why you don't just make it self cast only and be done with it.
85 Night Elf Druid
PVE only

Well my guild and I raid and we do heroics to get valor points too :)

ewww pvp

I can't use cheetah form indoors when shaman can use ghost wolf indoors. Drives me up the wall!

Being mobile. I like instant bird form a lot, I like having dash in kitty form. Shifting even when resto is good although I don't do it much raiding except the whole shift to kitty to sprint thing. Forms and things to do while in all forms in all specs make druids fun.

Bear tanking faceroll rotation (o lord I hate it). I literally smash buttons and then press pulverize every once in a while. Having boring CDs while tanking annoys me too, but I'm used to DKs. Frenzied Regen sucks overall, survival instinct is par for the course and boring, and barkskin you might as well use on CD. I also can't stand how little damage the dot on lacerate does, makes me mad. I'd also like to see druids be highest dps tank in all situations cuz they bring nothing else. As resto... maintaining lifebloom and harmony buff by casting nourish all the freaking time honestly bothers me. I spend my time in and out of combat casting nourish on the tank over and over and over and over and over and its just wearing.

EDIT: Yanno what's really not fun as resto? Tanking stuff in raids because I pull aggro from hots. My last rhio I took the second most damage of anyone in the raid because the stupid shards or whatever all !@#$%^-* me when they spawn and my only defense is healing myself. I took 1.7 million damage from shard melee last night during our attempts. Healing aggro is stupid, particularly for druids.

Kitty - fine, turkey - fine, bear - boring, resto - powerful but maintenance of LB can get wearing.

More cooldowns and less facerolly rotation on bear. Another heal as resto (I know we heal great I'm just needy, something unique in functionality like prayer of mending or sumfin). And cheetah form indoors, anytime.

Healing touch, has very little place in raids these days. I use nourish if I have time and want to be efficient and I use regrowth otherwise, Healing Touch has just fallen by the way side.
Edited by Elysien on 9/12/2011 8:01 PM PDT
(Resto Druid)

-PVE

- Heroic 10, Reg 25

- No PVP

-Re-stacking Lifebloom on tanks when they taunt. I feel if there was a mechanic like warlock soul swap it would be a lot less nerve racking to re apply LB during major damage on a new tank.

-Lack of an absorb effect spell. Example: Being able to cast barkskin on a player other than yourself OR Living seed being a shield that works on physical and magical attacks

-Perma Tree of Life form. It made resto druids unique. With transmorgification coming up I even wouldn't mind a purchasable set that resembled ToL form very closely. (Think how crazy awesome the ToL helm would look!)

- mobility.

-No emergency button when healing.
-Talent tree fillers and wonky-ness

It feels fine i just wish it relied on button pressing cool downs instead of proccing things like natures grace or natures bounty effects.

-Lifebloom swapping mechanic.
-Travel form effecting raid speed or being a raid utility
-Customization to flight forms (druids want to be pretty too!)
-Changing Tree of Life spell so that treeants come out and help you heal lowest targets. Like the dps version but healers.

Teleport: Moonglade. Nothing to do in moonglade.
90 Tauren Druid

PVE

Raids & Heroics

N/A

Quality of Life Plus: Keeping Bear and Cat gear so incredibly similar that many pieces can be shared between sets. Keep this up! That's the right way to go.

Quality of Life Minus #1: Having abilities like Demo Roar count against the spell hit cap. Losing GCDs to re-applying this 2-3 times is frustrating.

Quality of Life Minus #2: Getting 3 new baseline abilities (Wild Mushroom?) for an expansion that have little to absolutely no utility for my spec. (Although thank you for re-assessing Stampeding Roar's utility!)

Flexibility in role, mobility, effortless AOE tanking, battle rez. The ability to gear for both bear and cat simultaneously and contribute meaningfully as the group needs to either role mid-fight.

Micro-managing Maul due to rage mechanics is not fun in and of itself. Now, if you had to micro-manage Maul use (or any other ability) because its use provided a survivability benefit, that would be an interesting choice.

Also, rage starvation gets bad at higher gear levels.

Bear - The rotation is plain and simple enough to allow me to look at the "big picture" of a raid encounter. This is great! However, I do wish I could actively manage my survivability a *bit* more by using more core abilities (not to the extent a DK has to, mind you, but see my example of making Maul use more interesting above). Jamming keys as hard as I can and praying that Savage Defense procs is kind of "meh."

Cat - This rotation felt grueling (and yet rewarding!) in Wrath, and I feel like you've struck the right balance in Cata. It's still challenging, but not utterly punishing if you let a buff or debuff drop.

Bear
1. A more active mitigation mechanic tied to a core ability, like Maul, which is otherwise uninteresting. Or maybe it could be tied to keeping up lacerate/thrash bleeds. Just give me more control!
2. Some kind of group survivability utility as a tank a-la Vigilance, Glyphed Rune Tap, Ardent Defender.

Cat
1. Some kind of mechanic to make target switching not so brutal. Whether that's through making combo-points a self-buff or giving us a transfer-type ability or whatever.
2. Some way to re-enter stealth if you're caught off-guard?

From a feral's perspective, Wild Mushroom, Cower, and "power-shifting" out of snares ... because there are so many PvE snares that don't count.
85 Troll Druid
PvE

10m raids

N/A

I get a little frustrated at all of the little things that I can't do while shape-shifted or mounted such as getting in some vehicles or using some portals.

I love the flexibility and versatility I have in raids as a feral DPS. I enjoy being able to help the raid in a variety of high pressure situations including instant cast battle rez, going bear form to pop a CD and tank the boss, or helping the healers by using tranquility to help keep everyone alive. I also love the number of talents available to me that are helpful in certain fights and aren't part of the list of "required" DPS talents and that I have enough points left over to grab 2 or 3 for any fight.

I do enjoy shred's positional mechanic for its uniqueness, but I feel like I am being punished for it a little too much. Increasing the area that is considered "behind" the target on some fights was a definite step in the right direction, but for certain fights it still doesn't quite feel like enough.

I'm not too upset about the state of the cat rotation. The only complaint I have is that I don't feel like I am rewarded enough when I manage to work in Ferocious Bite more into my rotation. It can often be very difficult to do without allowing any buffs or debuffs to drop, but feels like a very marginal gain. I also do not want to see this rotation made any easier.

A silence for bear form
A reason to use Prowl in PvE
A way to make target switching smoother
Not being punished so much or so often for needing to be behind the target
The ability to use certain abilities in cat or more importantly bear form such as Rebirth, Thorns, Remove Corruption and Soothe

Claw, Prowl
85 Tauren Druid

 What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] On my druid I only do PVE

 If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Raids preferably not to much into heroics since ZA?ZG drives me to murder.

 If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]N/A

 What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I like how the forms have been streamlined and I would like to advocate more forms and more specialized feral forms

 What makes playing your class more fun?
My ability to when off tanking become a pseudo dps and help out the raid with dps. Because of how much I like how dps and tanking gear can be interchanged as a druid it adds a lot of enjoyment to the versility of the class.

 What makes playing your class less fun? I no longer heal due to my lack of permanent tree form. When tanking I would not mind one more cool downs added to bears, it would be nice for a magic mitigation cool down.

 How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I love my rotation. I love passive tanking for druids, I found the threat change vastly unnecessary for druids and await the new active mitigation changes with dread and excitement.

 What’s on your wish list for your class?
More forms, it would be nice if a second tank form was added that specialized in aoe cleaves and aoe tanking, and if the bear form was more specialized in single target tanking.

 What spells do you use the least?
Balance has never been my favorite but that is just personal taste.
85 Troll Druid
PvE

Heroic Raid Content

As balance, for encounters that require a lot of AoE (Beth'tilac is the main culprit here) I have to kill critters before the pull to start in solar eclipse. If I don't, my AoE is weak.

Having to use more skills in my toolkit. Fights that require typhoon, solar beam, etc are a lot more interesting.

Waiting for wild mushroom cooldowns during AoE phases. Having to tab dot to fill time between wild mushroom cooldowns is useless on adds that have a short life expectancy. Hurricane costs far too much mana to use regularly in situations like this.

Too reliant on being in Eclipse. Movement outside of Eclipse screws us, since you're going to lose your eclipsed dots on the target before you can reach your next eclipse.

To start in solar eclipse every time I res. Alternatively, a cooldown skill that places us in solar.

Thorns. Hurricane.
86 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE
# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
5m heroic, 10 raiding, Old content for achives
# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
i would like to pvp but i am to far behind this x-pac so i dont bother
# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
i want to be a tree all the time its one of the thing that made me roll a druid as my healer
# What makes playing your class more fun?
hots, shape shifting, b ress
# What makes playing your class less fun?
not being a tree when healing
# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
when in feral dps i fell i have a lot of down time when i am out of energy
uncontrolled over healing in resto liek if i have to quickley recast life bloom then over heal with a nourish to keep the mastery up
# What’s on your wish list for your class?
3 talent tree, 24/7 resto tree, off hand agi items so i can have some variety in weapons
# What spells do you use the least?
teleport moonglade
Edited by Nergey on 9/12/2011 4:04 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
-PVP and PVE

-Leveling characters with some PVE dungeons

-BGs

-
-The versatility of the class is impeccable. Shape-shifting is the most unique and awesome ability of the druid. The ability to utilize air, ground, and sea movement, while also filling four different class roles is top notch.

-The uniqueness of the class really out-weighs any down side to it, but the lack of customization of the forms is a bit jarring. Being in animal form is definitely one of my favorite parts of playing as a druid. I love the idea of channeling my inner rage and turning into a powerfully ferocious beast. However, when I get the beast, moonkin, and now a cooldown tree of life form, I look the exact same as everyone else no matter the level or gear that I am wearing.

-Rotation is great. I particularly enjoy running around and battling as bear form, so it is fun to have a generous selection of abilities at my disposal.

-I love having permanent forms for all the druid specs, so I am in the boat for a permanent tree of life form (maybe a glyph for a graphical improvement only).

-My only beef with the class, which I thouroughly enjoy, is the lack of customization for the different forms. A great idea was fandral staghelm's staff that converts the feral cat form into a fire cat. I would love to see some new cool versions of the different forms, which could be implemented in a couple of ways:

I would love to see some new cool versions of the different forms, which could be implemented in a couple of ways.
First, at certain capstone levels Druids could get an updated version of their form (ie level 20, 40, 60, 80...the cat, bear, moonkin, tree of life could all get a little more elaborate, bigger or cooler looking...that way we get cool forms to look foward to while leveling).

Second, the forms could wear armor. A great example is the Amani War Bear, which is a WOW fan favorite. The Amani War Bear has really cool armor, and this type of art could be transitioned over to the different forms. Another example are the Night Elf mounts, which have unique armors on their shoulders and mains.

Third, druid forms could change with different i-levels of armor. For example, Once players have all or enough of the pieces of the current tier armor, their druid form gets a cool new update.

Fourth, allow players to choose a particular form in the world to take on as their playable form.

Finally, why not make the feral forms bi-pedal in nature (ie like the worgen). You could have a cat and bear form that stands on two feet. Then you could show the armor, and still keep up an aesthetic look for each druidic race.

These are just a few ideas that i have had, and have been reading in the general discussion forums and druid forums.

-Love the spells, can't think of one that I use least.
Edited by Stephanos on 9/12/2011 8:26 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE mainly

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

As of right now, I love playing my druid. If you had asked me at the beginning of Cata, I would have had more to say, but I think as far as healing goes, we're in a good place. There is one exception: Tree form. I want it back, but I want a streamlined one that looks nicer, not a horribly clunky male looking form.

The ability to change forms. There's so many instances that I've been able to do that and it's been nice to have that utility. The awesome healing throughput and being an anchor for my raid.

This is nitpicky but why can't I have green hair and a deep purple cat form? I don't like the requirement to change my hair color to get a specific cat color.

Staffs look odd on my toon when she runs. She looks hunched over and uncomfortable.

The gear that has to be managed for both Resto and Boom. It's tiring and time consuming and I don't like it. I'd rather be doing something fun in the game instead. I also can't maximize my boom. I gem, enchant, and reforge for my resto spec and that leaves me with lower dps and haste for my boom. I'm not as effective as a dpser, but that may be working as intended. If that is the case, it doesn't seem worth it to have a hybrid toon.

Resto druids don't really have a rotation and that is what is so great about it. I make the decision what spell to use and when to use it.

Tree form back with a toggle to either be in caster form or tree form. I also don't want to lose the nice buff that tree form gives us.

The ability to choose my hair color and cat color.

The use of travel for inside would be sweet.

I use all my resto healing spells when I raid.

For Boom, Faerie Fire and Nature's Grasp

85 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena

One thing that really bothers me as a Moonkin is not being able to use shapeshift items, like Orb of the Sin'Dorei, Klythas haunted locket, and Noggenfogger Elixir. Tree of life form for Restoration druids was a big loss for me, I stopped playing Restoration after Tree of life became a CD, I miss Tree dancing /cry.
The eclipse bar is a big improvement over how the eclipse worked in Wrath, and makes Boomy more fun. Dots also make Moonkin more fun from wrath when they were pointless, and probably a dps loss to keep up.
The Lunar Shadow nerf although needed was a bit too serious in my opinion. Moonkin have little damage while moving, and however Lunar Shadow was pretty OP before, its was nerfed too seriously and is almost a waste of 3 talent points imo.
I'm kind of annoyed with how Moonkin dps is highly based off AoE from Mushrooms, Starfall, and Multi-Doting. Id like to see higher numbers in completely single target fights where there is no use for Mushrooms at all besides the initial pull.
Tree of life form even just for looks,
Shapeshift items in Shapeshift forms,
Offensive cooldowns that mean something. Starfall is the only CD Moonkins have that make a big DPS difference, since Treants have such a long CD and does minimal damage. Id like something like Arcane mages have, or Elemental shamans that increase casting speed or damage, or something alone those lines.
Solar beam - A 1 minute CD interupt seems kind of pointless to me.
Thorns - Since this is no longer a 15 minute buff, seems a bit useless, except on Alyrsrazor where the damage is actually good if used on a tank on CD.

Im overall happy with my Bear tanking off spec, and would rather let MS tanks deal with that as they have more experience
100 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - PvE/P Bear, PvE Boomkin

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Raids (Normal, Retired from progression)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? -
Bear: Rage generation. If I have a large number of mobs beating on me, or a long time where I don't have to do much actual "work", I'm fine. In the initial phase of the fight, though, I'm often a bit rage-starved. I realize that Blizz is working to make that be the thing that keeps me "busy" -- managing rage as opposed to managing aggro, but really I liked it better before they nerfed rage generation. If possible, I'd like to un-nerf it a bit.

Boomkin: Moving makes life hard. Obviously this is the case for all casters, but it feels like there's not a lot I can do during heavy movement, single-target fights besides moonfarespam and insect swarm (and trees and starfall, if they're up). Also, the spell that was supposed to be our HADOOKEN! move (Starsurge) has been nerfed into something that's just kinda "eh, it procced, I guess I'll cast it..."

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Bear: I LOVE Mangle. It is the most satisfying button to push in the entire game. You hit mangle and it feels like you physically just slapped the mob across the face. It's CRUNCHY. It makes the entire rotation a pleasure. No, seriously, WELL PLAYED on Mangle (please don't mess with it ;_;). I've played 3/4 tank classes, and bear is my favorite by far. Also, there's always something to push (provided you have rage).

Boomkin: There's almost always something to push. You're a feathery death machine. It's always satisfying to blow up a salvo of shrooms, dot the world, starfall, shrooms some more, and watch the numbers go nuts. It's a "bwahahaaaa!" moment. There's also something to be said for the flow in the rotation -- it's a very smooth, powerful rotation, once you get the hang of it. I'm pretty happy playing boomkin -- in fact it's the only DPS class I feel like playing.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Bear: It feels like I don't have /as many/ OH $*(*!!! buttons as most tanks. I realize this is because a lot of that is "done for me" by gearing correctly and using CDs correctly. I still wish I had a few more buttons to slow down my impending death with until the healer is undistracted.

Boomkin: It's really iritating to have to move much at all, because a lot of our rotation is based around being still and casting consecutive spells. Obviously if you're "pro", this isn't an issue, because you're positioning yourself correctly and so on and so forth -- but sometimes you just /have to move/ (LOL RNG FIRE BREATH!), and when that happens it's no fun being a laser chicken.
(On a single target fight -- on an aoe fight, it's not bad at all.)

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Bear: I'm very happy with the bear rotation, although I do wish some of the abilities were either cheaper, or that rage was generated slightly faster. The bear rotation is simple, intuitive, and easy to track. It's easy to keep threat (and always has been), and it's almost linear in terms of "What button do I push now?".

Boomkin: The priority shuffle boomkin rotation is fun and smooth. While I'm a little sad about the changes to moonfire and sunfire WRT Eclipse, all in all it's a powerful rotation with few moving parts. It's easy to see what you press now, and it's powerful from the start -- it becomes more powerful as you fine-tune your timing.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Bear: One or two more "tactical" cooldowns to mitigate / decrease damage for a short time.

■What spells do you use the least?
Bear: I use every single button you've given me. All of them. No, I'm not kidding.

Boomkin:
- Hurricane: This spell is terrible as it is currently implemented. I don't feel like spending HALF MY MANA (yes, overstatement, but barely) to do...nothing.
- Nature's Grasp / Cyclone / Entangling Roots - These three spells are pretty useless in PvE nowadays. They are useful in PvP, but they've been nerfed so hard that they offer very little utility that isn't far surpassed by some other class's similar spell(s).
- Cyclone: As much as you guys hate doing it, I'd love to see Cyclone be a Frost Trap-like spell in PvE.
- Entangling Roots: This just isn't useful unless the mob has NO ranged attack -- which is rarely the case (30% of the time). Usually they have something they can do to you from range. Also, it releases on practically ANY damage, rendering it rather pointless in PvE other than holding one mob still for a short time.
- Nature's Grasp: This /should/ have near-zero utility outside of PvP, so I'm not whining much.

Did I mention I LOVE Mangle?
Edited by Aendrith on 9/12/2011 4:08 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]