Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
What’s on your wish list for your class?

More visual customization, preferably with forms independent of caster form looks. Different forms in particular would be lovely, probably easiest to incorporate into the current system with minor glyphs. Where has the stag travel form gone? =P

More class-specific quests. The flight form questline in BC was a great way to make players feel that there was something more to their class choice as their role in Azeroth is concerned besides an interchangeable spot in a questgiver's "Thank you, <class>". More quests that highlight or rely on particular features of a class.

Shifting out of roots in PvP. ;)

What spells do you use the least?

At first, I was going to say Hurricane like many ferals, but then I thought about it, and...

Wild Mushroom. And it's kind of sad, because I really enjoyed the idea of it when I first heard about it and made plans to use it in my tanking and PvP. But having to shift out of forms to use it is a deal-breaker. Sure, I *could* prime the chokepoint that the adds will rush through and give them a face full of spores and a serious urge to kill me...or I could stay in bear form and not let the boss rip my head off and stuff it down my throat. It's a very interesting and quirky spell that requires ferals to take a potentially deadly functionality hit every time they try to use it. I suppose it's not so different in this from most other druid spells, I was just hoping it'd work in forms, like Faerie Fire.

P.S. I have no idea why people don't use Teleport: Moonglade more often. o.0 It's extremely handy for getting around for Archaeology; it's an easy alternate way of getting to the Molten Front dailies or Darnassus (though it's not like anyone ever goes to Darnassus =P); it's just generally a convenient stopover for repairs and selling off trash if your hearth is on cooldown.
Edited by Tortila on 9/12/2011 5:54 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
Restoration/Balance Druid

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
10m Heroic Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Balance: Travel times and Eclipse energy issues, specially with huge bosses like Ragnaros and Al'akir. Lack of a viable AoE in Lunar Eclipse or outside Solar Eclipse.

Restoration: Slow target swapping, because of Lifebloom mechanics. Bloated talent tree.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Balance: Complex and unique rotation in a good way, having a good difference between an average Druid and a good Druid, feeling like playing well does a difference.

Restoration: Great mobility, interesting Mastery, good inventory of spells, nice gameplay style.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Balance: When the travel time is so high that I need to cast extra Wraths that won't help my energy.

Restoration: It's on good shape right now, but feeling that I don't have a cooldown to save the tank sometimes isn't nice. Restoration threat is an issue sometimes, but with the threat changes it got better.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Balance: Love it, specially how it changes with certain set bonuses, like 4pcT11 and 4pcT12. It's dynamic, interesting, but not overcomplicated.

Restoration: Sometimes it feels it's even too powerful on some aspects, and having Heroic Gear makes Spirit almost unnecessary for many fights, mana is almost trivial while maintaining a good HPS. But we have a good amount of tools at our disposal (still lacking another cooldown), rotation is good.

Balance: Eclipse pushing cooldown, like previously suggested in this topic. A better version of Hurricane, being affected by Eclipse and having its mana cost reduced, something to make it viable.

Restoration: Single target cooldown, could be a damage reducting one, a very strong single target HoT, anything.

Hurricane
90 Troll Druid
1) ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
- 90% PvE 10% PvP

2) ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
- Raids

3) ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas

4) ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- not enough Tier looking visualisation because of the transformation required (boomkin)

5) ■What makes playing your class more fun?
- all the diffrent specs you can have for the same character

6) ■What makes playing your class less fun?
- not enough with 2 specs a trio instead of a duo would be required.
- not enough Tier looking visualisation because of the transformation required (boomkin)
- no execute phase to boost the dps and the consistance of the dps is low because of the dots not refreshing (atleast one would be good and not only for maximum of few seconds)

7) ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- Boomkin = Not enough focused around starsurge. Hard to decide if you gonna lose dps by refreshing your dots during your rotation depending on the eclipse/solar or about to be in eclipse/solar

8) ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
- would require atleast one more dual spec (trio spec needed))
One of the only why im not in love with Cat is Shred can only be used from behind. its really boring on 1 v 1 pvp or even 1 v 1 pve. Even if you try to boost Mangle to fix a bit the issue it never gonna solve it. You did it with Mutilate rogue can use it from everywhere now. Why dont you do the same for Shred and make only Ravage can only be used from behind.

About Boomkin wich is my main spec. I feel that boomkin could be a cooldown like Tree form is. Or if not use a Form as a boomkin that can let us show gear like Werewolves. For Dps i feel that Starsurge feel a bit behind from that it used to be. I would like it to be more included in Talents that gives bonus to Wrath and Starfire like Euphoria talent that gives you chance to get extra Eclipse/Solar points from wrath or starfire. i would feel less of a penalty to use starsurge when in a non-eclipse/Solar stance. Like T12 bonus that gives extra eclipse/solar points that it would also gives extra points when using starsurge. Now i only feel that starsurge is not a penalty when i get the instant proc cast or when im in a eclipse stance.

Also, i really hate to always refresh my dots when all the other dot clasess have a way to always refresh atleast one of their dots. I would like to make starsurge refresh either insect swarm or moonfire/sunfire or maybe like depeding starsurge would fresh insect swarm if you are in solar eclipse and starsurge would fresh moonfire if you are in eclipse stance. i really hate the starfire glyph that only refresh a little part of it with a limited amout of time

At last, i like the idia that moonfire transforms into sunfire and i would like the same idia for insect swarm where in eclipse stance the spell transforms into a new spell that benifits from arcane

We need to make the dmg more consistant since boomkin doesnt have an execute phase (execute phase = enemy at 20%ish = dmg boost)

9) ■What spells do you use the least?
- Hurricane is gone because of mushrooms and hurricane is too much mana
Edited by Jtshape on 9/12/2011 4:44 PM PDT
Generally I'm pretty happy with druid now -- although it was a very rocky start.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - Raid (10 Man Normal), Regular BG, Achievements
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] !0 Man Normal (Firelands) ATM
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Healing on the move without going OOM quickly.
Lack of an "OMG He'sa die" high output heal with no long CD
Multiple forms, high throughput
Mana management (I have 114K Mana unbuffed, base amount isn't the issue)
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
What rotation? You have to keep LB up and use whatever heal is appropriate for the situation. If I'm tank healing I try to keep 3 stacks of LB, rejuv and regrowth active at all times.
an "OMG He'sa die" heal with no long CD
Not having heals drop me out of Moonkin form when I am in that spec
In Resto, almost everything except LB, Renew, Rejuv, Nourish, HT Swiftmend, WG, Remove Corruption and Barkskin. I do use nature's swiftness when it's off CD
90 Night Elf Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• 90% PvE 10% PvP

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics 90% Dailies 10%

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Tol Barad 90% BGs 10%

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Only one choice of bear/cat/seal/bird form. Travel form is still only 40%. Rather small bear and cat size, both could stand to be 25% larger.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Being the hybridest of hybrid classes. Stealth.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Overly complicated cat rotation.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Too complicated. Too many plates to keep spinning.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Multiple forms to choose from for bear/cat/seal/bird. 100% movement for the cheetah travel form (it's our travel form). More hps in the bear form bonus.

• What spells do you use the least?

• As a feral druid, I use the healing/balance spells the least. I also don't soothe or hibernate much at all. Feral druids aren't really relied upon for cc in 5-man heroics.
    90 Tauren Druid
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE - Feral Bear

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics, casual 10-man raiding

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Ranged aggro (FFF is good, but either another ranged threat gen or a shorter CD. Maybe a rabies-infected long-distance bear loogie?). Ranged silence, like Heroic Throw, Avenger Shield, or Strangulate. A way to make Skull Bash rage-free, via talent or glyph.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    The passive nature of Savage Defense. It makes me care more about dps stats like hit and crit.
    Flexibility in raids. If I'm not tanking something, I can battle rez, innervate, go into cat form and pump out a bit more dps. Even some of the lesser used spells like Soothe have been useful to have in the toolbox on occasion.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    The aforementioned lack of ranged silence, free interrupt, and ranged threat gen. Its frustrating to see a caster attacking my healer, my FFF is on CD or misses, and the enemy positions are such that charging in to grab it is less than ideal.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Our rotation is good as far as I'm concerned. Since our Savage defense gives passive survivability based on offensive stats, I like just tearing into the enemy knowing that my crits are shielding me, with defensive CDs thrown in there for rough patches.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Getting to use thorns again would be nice. Armor sets in the style of T11, and not T12. I don't mind looking like I stuck a bird on my shoulders, but I'm not crazy about wearing a burning log.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Most of the balance and resto spells, except Rebirth, Innervate, and sometimes Soothe or Hibernate.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    -PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    -Heroics, Raids, and anything that involves me performing my specs' role.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    -May just be me being greedy, but aside from specs, we have no utilities an example of what i mean is similar to how rogues can search for traps. My logic would be for a feral cat to be able to "sniff them out" or cat-like instincts besides "detect humanoids".

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    -flexibility of my different specs, and form changes during combat and outside of combat (kitty tranquility, emergency bear taunts, kitty-innervates). Druids seem to provide me with options without having to start over at level 1.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    -Nothing really, if there is something that isnt fun about my current role... i can choose another form. (dont like cat? go bear. dont like bear? go tree)

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    The rotation itself is ok, but i only have 1 route that ive been allowed to take. Keep bleeds up ... good game. There's no real customization on how i want to deal my damage. If i want big numbers -this- is how i HAVE to do it, and this is how i'm forced to reforge.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    -Being a druid i guess i have everything i want right? However if i could have my wish then it would be to have a 2nd option that was not entirely reliant on bleeds in terms of a rotation and reforges. I could stack hit/expT and put on the haste with an unheeded warning probly, but the bleeds are still there and i would most likely have to eyeball it the same way i do already.

■What spells do you use the least?
    -LOL...... LAWL.... LOL Claw - 40 energy and its weaker than everything.
    Its there... i wish i could click it..i want to...but....its not even cheap on energy, and im too busy watching the bleeds and shreds to even put it on my bars... I clicked it once just to see what the animation looked like.

~~That last question was the easiest to answer... still laughing about it. thanks for reading... (what spell do i use the least... good one)

85 Troll Druid

- Both

- Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    -Arenas

- Being unable to use cosmetic items while in shape shift form, such as Noggenfogger Elixirs, Iron Dwarf Flask, etc. For PVP, they should give moonkins a better interrupt, that way they will be able to do better in 1v1, 3v3, 5v5

-the fact that i hit hard

-getting own by other classes just cause their class is a LOT more op than druid (moonkin)

-rotation is fine! a kindda easy but still very fun to do.

-a interrupt like wind shear, or counter spell.

-cower, nourish -.- (has a moonkin), and Teleport: Moonglade.
    90 Worgen Druid
    Restoration Main spec/Balance Off spec (Raider/Protector of Azeroth)
    ~What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

~If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    All of the above.

~What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Healing Charts - It doesn't seem right that other healers get raid cd's that prevent damage and we get raid cd's that improve our healing on the charts, not only does this make restoration druids seem like a requirement but it makes other healers feel less useful and like the restoration druid is doing all the "work". I find it makes me feel somewhat separated from my fellow healers.

Tree of Life form - I wish very much so for tree of life to no longer be limited to 31 sec duration and be capable of 100% up time. (or at least a form that we can stay in; otherwise you might as well put moonkin form on cd and kitty/bear while your at it.)

Harmony Mastery - I would love to see the proc buff increased to even 12sec, too often have I slapped my knee or growled when I accidentally used wild growth or rejuvenation right after the buff has fallen off.

Innervate - People are still ask for me to give them innervate for mana and theirs no way that's happening.

~What makes playing your class more fun?
    Being able to change forms and interrupt or even stun creatures,(when the talent Furor doesn't lag and lets me get enough rage to use bash) dash, reducing falling damage with feline grace and etc.

~What makes playing your class less fun?
    Having to heal with no healing form... feeling like a buff holy priest.

People asking for innervate.

~How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I can't think of any improvements other then a bit of an increase to the duration of the harmony mastery buff.

~What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A permanent treeform would make me fall in love with this game all over again.(I would want to play my restoration druid outside of raiding again.. and not just level alts...)

Increased duration on the buff from harmony mastery.

Some sort of customization for forms that isn't attached to hair colors.

~What spells do you use the least?
    Out of the spells that I should be using in battle: Cyclone, Soothe, Thorns, Faerie Fire and Hibernate.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Felbred, Blackhand Resto Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? NA

The biggest issue I can come up with is the bugs with Natures Swiftness, often times it wont go off when you click it or it will have a delay and that has led to numerous tank deaths in our raids.

The unique way that hots run our healing, no other class has as strong or as interesting mechanics built around their HoTs.

The lack of a big tank healing cooldown that doesn't rip through our mana pool (regrowth spam with ToL)

As a healer there isnt really a rotation but I love the way our hots and direct heals interact with mastery and each other.

Some sort of increase to direct tank healing ability, even if its a long duration cooldown something I can drop to yank a tank's health back up would be nice.

Of my healing spells it would have to be Healing Touch, it is our biggest strongest heal but the cast time prevents it from being used in dangerous situations and if you are not in a dangerous situation it is often hard to justify spending that kind of mana.
    85 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Mainly Arena

Having to use so many globals to heal.

Since my class is so under par compared to other healers in PvP when I win I feel like accomplished.

When facing decent teams and they have half of a mind and can %!*@ druid teams by constantly switching their focus target.

Lifebloom (Our major hot) gets outhealed by Healing Stream Totem when Healing Stream Totem is healing more than 1 person (HST Ticks harder but ticks half as often)

An ability to make us more versatile in PvP arenas.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123312581?page=1 Is a post I made about what's wrong with Resto Druids & some suggestions to help us that won't affect PvE.

As Resto Druid, Wild Growth. Heals for a very small amount when just trying to heal 1 person.
    85 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic 25man Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. My biggest QOL issue is Moonkin form. Why don't my feathers change colors like bears and cats? Why can't I ride my Anzu in Moonkin form? What is wrong with a bird riding a bird on the ground?

What makes playing your class more fun? For me, playing my class is only fun when I get to do a lot of damage.

What makes playing your class less fun? The major thing making my class less fun to play currently is how terrible Moonkin dps is. It is almost unbearable to raid some nights because of just how useless my class is. And what does blizzard have to say about it? They nerf Starsuruge. GG Blizzard.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) My rotation feels like it has wayyyy too many abilities. I mean you have two dots AND two single target casted abilities. Then you ALSO have starsurge, starfall, AND trees. How many buttons does arcane have? And don't even get me started on mushrooms. Not only are they extremely difficult to lay down, their damage is totally not worth it. And why did you make eclipse so difficult to manage? Seems like I can never get that thing in the right position.

What’s on your wish list for your class? My main wishes for my class are that you buff dots first of all. Where is the multi target damage for Moonkin? Why am I losing to ret paladins and enhancement shamans on multi target fights with a legendary!? Second thing on my wishlist is that you buff wild mushrooms. I hope you not only buff their damage (200%, maybe 300%), but also just turn it into one instant mushroom that does the damage of three. And maybe lower the cooldown on detonate.

What spells do you use the least? Moonfire and Mushrooms obviously... Don't even know why I need to answer this one.
    Edited by Malbuth on 9/12/2011 4:23 PM PDT
    85 Tauren Druid

PVE

Raids

For me as a tank and having played the other tanks, the most annoying thing is being the only tank that starts off pulls with fewer resources than are necessary to use any single ability that costs rage. For us, its either pop Enrage or rely on Faerie Fire/Autoattacks to be able to hold the boss or trash pack for long enough to get rage to Thrash or Mangle.

In addition to that, having to spend resources on charge while warriors gain resources for using their charge is strange (though they do have a charge that does cost resources). Similarly, warriors have a glyph for Demoralizing Shout that allows it to last 45 seconds, while our Demo Roar lasts 30 seconds at most.

I don't want to play a warrior. I think Feral Tanks are far enough from warriors in how they reduce incoming damage and cause threat, not to mention being able to go cat form and change abilities entirely, that equalizing them in these few areas would not blur the lines between what it means to be a Druid and what it means to be a Warrior.

I like how Druid tanks generate threat, both AOE and single target. I like being able to battle rez people at clutch moments. I like being able to go cat form while the other tank is tanking and do some good damage.

Bosses that make use of these abilities make my class more fun. I know you're not looking so much for anything but class mechanics feedback here, but ultimately its the things you're fighting that make the game fun.

Above issues are my primary concerns, though I would like some part of my threat rotation to be involved in damage reduction as Death Knights have (though their's is reactionary rather than preventative).

I wish Innervate was more useful in some way. I miss being able to shift out at certain points even while tanking and Innervate a healer with some actual feeling of it being useful.

I feel that the rotation is interesting enough. Above issues should be taken into account.

Rage issues at the start of a pull for Feral Tanks need looking at, taking an active role in reducing the amount of damage I take through offensive abilities would be nice, and Berserk being more interesting for Bears to use would be awesome (its boring to spam one button for 25 seconds, even if it does do excellent threat and damage).

At the moment I find that everything has a good use, though obviously I don't use many Resto or Balance spells as a Feral Tank. Perhaps Thorns would be nice if it was more useful to us, say being castable in bear form.
    85 Tauren Druid
    PVE, as a Feral DPS, Feral Tank, and Boomkin

Heroics

don't do

honestly? not being able to triple or quad spec(thought i don't expect this to be addressed and it prob shouldnt).

the big thing is having to use so many addons. as a kitty i absolutely have to and as a balance druid they are very, very helpful. i like that many procs were given highlighted icons, however it is still rather difficult to track timers. I'm totally against addons or anything, but it can be difficult as a new player to learn about them and it would be nice to have it in the default UI.

also while this will prob be said a lot, but being able to see my armor would be nice. i like shapeshifting, it would just be cool if ur forms could have some armor on them. idk how hard of a art challenge this is though.

the flavor of druids. they have a very distinct feel to them and a distinct leader to follow(in Malfurion). i also enjoy being able to play all four roles in a group. flight form is a nice quality of life thing to have. i really love the druid class and feel as though the two DPS specs are excellently done. the healing spec also has a very unique feel to it(im just not into it)

Feral tanking. it just has no distinct feel. dk's are all two handed necromancers(with lots of self healing). warriors are purely physical(with lots of mobility). paladins are crusaders of the light(with lots of aoe). bears are...like warriors except fatter?

bears kinda have a feeling of the damage dealing tanks(but so do DK's sorta). and i would think that would be tough to balance around. bears just dont seem to do anything special or better than others. they aren't bad per se. they just lack a (visually)spec defining ability.

i feel as though the "utility" given to bear tanks doesnt work right. rebirth is a great utility tool and so is transquility. problem? you need to be our of bear form to use them. which is pretty uncool because the other tanks dont have to leave their tanking spec in order to use their utility spells.

How do you feel about your "rotation"? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    pretty good. the kitty rotation and design is absolutely wonderful to me. fun and engaging.

the bear rotation works well and has abilities that feel pretty distinctly aoe and single target. and i like the cooldowns.

the healing "rotation" seems to work well(just not my cup of tea)

the balance rotation is the only one i have an issue with and only for AOE. single target is awesome and feels powerful(i love having two buttons to spam instead of one, for realz i like this). the only thing i dont like is how unintuitive the aoe situation is. having to sit in a particular eclipse state seems strange(since most of the time you are trying to push from one side to the other as quickly as possible). also multi-doting to me seems off. balance never felt to me like a DOT class but in AOE situations it becomes one. what ever happened to hurricane? to me the ideal situation would be to put ur shrooms down, detonate them, use hurricane until detonate is of cd, pur more shrooms down, repeat.

What's on your wish list for your class?
    being able to see my armor in shapeshift form. im fine with the models(i like them all and dont see why everyone hates boomkin so much). if only this were implemented i would be happy cuz i feel like druids are in a good place.

trying to make feral tanking more "fun" and changing the balance aoe rotation would be the other things.

ummm, thorns, claw(is this still around? im not sure), faerie fire(in caster form), pounce(which i assume gets use in pvp), hibernate(so few beasts to sleep in heroics), hurricane, maim(pvp again),
    90 Troll Druid
    • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE Content.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Hard Mode Progression Raiding

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I definitely echo what others have said about no longer having a permanent tree form, however I think for me it's probably that when you are leveling/questing/instancing, especially at certain levels, it takes forever to fill your mana bar back up. This is most pronounced in today's "this instance must be as fast as possible" atmosphere where a new healer that needs to stop and drink automatically falls behind the rest of the group because they need to take (sometimes horribly long amounts of)time fill their mana bar back up.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I really enjoy the smaller intricacies involved in playing the druid class well right now. There are a lot of things to monitor and line up for maximum throughput and smart mana usage/healing that trying to tweak them all together is almost like it's own little mini-game. I really enjoy that I have to think through an encounter and strategize my healing. I like needing a "game plan" and really enjoy being able to weave spells into each other.

I have two resto druids at 85, a holy paladin at 85 and a resto shaman at 85, and of the three druid healing is by far my favorite.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• I really dislike hearing "druids can't do x, because they don't have y". A lot of times it's largely hype, but there is often a hint of truth to the hype. There are frequently encounters that certainly can be accomplished with druid healers, but your raid (and your druids, for that matter) has to work harder because of it. That being said, I can attest from experience that fights can often be made easier when utilizing healing classes that have a little more utility to offer than just healing harder.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• As stated above, I really like how druids play right now. There are a lot of moving pieces that you need to be aware of to play the class well, and it's often a challenge to get all of those pieces moving together. I really enjoy this about our class. I know a lot of people think that druiding boils down to "lol WG/RJ Spam", but the truth of the matter is that a druid who is only doing those things isn't maximizing their class or their ability as a healer.

I like the way that Nature's Grace can be timed in when some burst healing is needed. I like the way that Harmony interacts with the rest of your heals and needs to be weaved in. I like that we can fit in well with almost any other healing class and still be successful.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I'd love to see living seed turned into something more beneficial. The talent has so much potential to be something great. Right now the limitations on how it is triggered really make it lack luster for most druids, unless they heavily tank heal with some regularity. I'd love to see living seed turned into either an armor buff similar to inspiration or an absorb rather than a heal. I think that either of these things would help broaden druid healing a little as far as diverse utility goes.

Of course, I would be remiss not to at least mention that some form of mitigation cool down would still be lovely. Be it raid wide or single target.

• What spells do you use the least?

• In a raid setting I probably would say Healing Touch. I do make more use of it now than I did back in WotLK, but it's still one of my least cast spells in most encounters. If we didn't have OoC procs to prop up Regrowth, Regrowth would easily be my least used spell.

Outside of a raid setting I would probably say travel form. It can only be used outdoors, and I generally won't opt to use a slower movement speed when I can mount.
    87 Night Elf Druid

Mostly Boomkin PvE and a little resto PvP

Raids

Arena and the occasional BG

The main issue I am having with druids at the moment is the fact that I am getting tired with the forms. Every time I raid I am sitting there in boomkin form looking at the exact same sprite for the entire raid. Other classes get to see their characters armor change as they get new gear. I am not saying that any forms should be turned into a cooldown or removed, what I am saying is that more ways to change the appearance of forms, like Fandral's Flamescythe, should be added. There are many alternatives to deal with this issue. One way that would be interesting would be to make the forms take on an armor of sorts based on the gear they are wearing. Also, there could be items besides gear that one could have to change the look of one of the forms. Maybe a new slot could be added to the gear page just for druids and rare drops in raids could be put into there to change the look of a form. One of the forms that I think needs this the most is flight form. At this point we druids have had to use the same mount for quite a while, whereas other classes can simply use any mount they wish.

The versatility of all the shape-shifting

I personally love the balance rotation. It takes skill to actually squeeze out as much DPS as we are capable of. At the same time it isn't nearly as repetitive as other classes due to the fact that we are switching our main spell every few seconds. AOE however is limited to the solar eclipse which I do not think is very effective. One of our AOEs should be turned into arcane damage to balance this out. Also, in some situations it is beneficial for boomkins to be in one eclipse and even good balance druids won't end up timing that eclipse. Some sort of cooldown should be made to instantly proc the next eclipse. Even if its a 5 minute cooldown it would be a very useful utility to knock us up into that eclipse just when we want it.
    In PvP Balance has become very lacking. Ever since cata dropped balance hasn't been an effective spec to play in PvP. To me this is a shame since boomkins have so much potential with their knockbacks roots and nukes. Recently if you want to PvP as a druid the only way is to play feral, and this really should be balanced somehow.

Some way to change the appearance of our forms
    A CD to instantly activate an eclipse.
    Balance's revival in PvP

Hurricane
    85 Worgen Druid
    Balance Druid

PvE

10-man normal raids in a casual setting.

I would really like it if we had the option of either having Boomking form on or off. I love the playstyle of druid so much, but it gets kind of old seeing the exact same thing all the time. The only time you can ever really notice the weapon is if you are wielding a staff but generally MH OH combos are better...

I love the mushrooms, the knockback, the fact that if I get hurt I do more dmg...

Lack of noticing what I have earned (armor graphics)

I am very happy with the eclipse system atm, much better than the previous stuff we had.

Treants that you only have to cast and not place also
    non-boomkin form (dont get me wrong, I love the giant chicken but it gets really...really old)

Hurricane- Mana hog
    85 Tauren Druid
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
      PVE. I use to PVP but no longer since resto/boomkins are not all that great in that area at the moment. Not a jab at you guys, just the honest truth to why I don't PVP anymore.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
      Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
      If I was still PVPing, it would be Arenas/BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
      Three things. I would like travel form to work in doors. Outdoors is a rather arbitrary condition placed on travel form. I hate how I have access to travel form on every fight in FL until we get to Ragnaros. Then I can't use it. It's very annoying. The largest barrier to in doors travel form I feel has been WSG flag room, but I don't think that makes sense anymore in a world of in door ghost wolves, dash, 1-minute sprints, and stampeding roar.

I would also like disentanglement given to moonkins. Shifting out of a root from moonkin -> moonkin -> cheetah is really clunky and I honestly don't know why it was implemented the way it has been, when clearly you don't have a problem with the ability for resto druids.

I also would like fairie fire to be able to apply all three stacks at once as resto. I'm the only one with the debuff and I have no hit so everytime a new add pops out or Ragnaros goes under to take a lava bath I have to reapply 3 stacks and I frequently miss with no hit rating.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
      Being a giant LAZER CHICKEN! I also liked the ability to heal myself and take cover from damage, but that's been lost since the cataclysm expansion. I really hope you guys get around to buffing the self heals on some of the caster hybrids.

For healing I liked the mobility. Hot and move. Hot and jump. But being the ADHD healer is what mainly drew me to resto.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
      Travel form doesn't work anymore. I mean it does but so many classes have auto applying snares and 12 second gap closers, I effectively lose more time trying to spam shift than the person on me is losing dps up time. That's just not right at all. And it's the main reason I stopped moonkin PVP.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
      I'm not all that happy with it. Eclipse requires too much pre-planning. Only once I've got encounters on farm is there any normal syncing between my eclipse and appropriate damage phases. Maybe if there was some kind of cool down that let you push into an eclipse state the system would be more dynamic. Or if one could enter and exit eclipse at a faster rate, that might work as well. Also the difference in AoE damage between lunar and solar eclipse is criminal.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
      I would like more abilities to work without my shifting into the form to use. Stampeding roar and skull bash are the two I'm specifically thinking about. I usually shift to cat use either one and then immediately shift back.

I would like a lot more work put into moonkins for PVP. A lot. Instant root as a deep moonkin talent needs to come back. Moonkins are the ONLY casters with not a single instant cast cc/root. The way that moonkins deliver damage in PVP needs to change. Eclipse is the most unfriendly mechanic for PVP ever conceived. It doesn't make any sense to force moonkins to absolutely need to cast to deal any real damage, in an expansion where you gave two additional classes 10 second interrupts and also allowed warriors to pummel in any stance.

For resto, I'd like to get some kind of single target damage reduction cool down. Or something that isn't plus-over-heal some more.

I'd also like to have some kind of ability to move a stack of hots from one person to another. That along with the single target damage reduction cool down may help with a problem that resto druids have in PVP: dealing with the hard dps switch.

# What spells do you use the least?
      Guess this would be Soothe and Teleport: Moonglade. Not that those really need to be improved, they're really used the least only because their use is so narrow.

A spell I'd like to see vastly improved is Force of Nature. They're melee mobs that don't scale at all with my stats. Have low life, no snare, no speed buff, thus nearly useless for PVP. The cool down is longer than is appropriate considering how dismal their damage is. They should do more than just auto-attack. And dying to apply fungal growth does not count.

I have the same complaint about starsurge. The spell does nothing. Bring back the knockback, I don't know why you took it out. Or something, for crying out loud at least let it apply the Earth and Moon debuff.
    Edited by Bifrons on 9/12/2011 4:30 PM PDT
    85 Troll Druid
    Feral Bear, Resto, some Balance, and little Feral Cat

PvE

25man normal/heroic progression

Some random battle grounds

Bear mitigation is completely dependent on hitting things, or dodging them. Not good for tank swaps.

I'm a viable melee dps, healer, ranged dps, and tank.

Quite possibly the almost mundane tanking rotation. Eclipse bar makes my head hurt sometimes. Only way to heal is strictly throughput.

Bear is alright, basically use the same skills off GCD without really changing it up. Balance is "meh", meaning the eclipse mechanic and rotation is slightly boring and sometimes aggravating when you don't time your Starfire right for going into lunar eclipse. Restoration is alright since it's situation dependent.

Maybe some more customization over forms (yes, aesthetic). Other than that having a little more control over mitigation other than "Dodge, dodge, dodge, hit" and some survivability issues for boomkins. Also, Maybe a talent for balance that lets you move 'x' number of seconds while casting to help PvE movement AND PvP movement.

Teleport moonglade, typhoon is very situation dependent (PvE), hurricane (too much mana for too little output), nourish (seems a little bit more of a boost is needed, healing touch so much better at current gear levels).
    Edited by Tsurikuma on 9/12/2011 4:29 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]