Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pve
* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] raids/heroic raids

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Shifting being on Global, having to go caster to use anything other than feral abilities, demo roar/FFF spell hit, Pulverize and its interaction with removing lacerate,

* What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to do nearly the same dps as a full dps when not tanking, doing quite a bit of dps when I am tanking, Flight form, travel form, being able to contribute heals (although small and nearly meaningless)

* What makes playing your class less fun? Shape shifting on global, clunky raid CDs (not able to do it as your'e tanking unless you can find time during a cast or in between swings) Few tankcentric glyphs

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)My rotation is fine, I don't currently spec into Pulverize or endless carnage for tanking since I've felt like i don't gain much, I know 9% crit is alot, but when you're as high as I am typically it feels meaningless for a 10% gain in SD, although i know theory crafters won't agree, I dislike how it works with lacerate. I would like to see a glyph that doesn't remove lacerates when you pulverize and/or the thrash debuff adding or refreshing lacerates stacks.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
New/better glyphs, talent or ability to do some casts in form, better raid CDs, a version of paladins might, maybe some more talent choices in the balance tree, or more in resto even.

* What spells do you use the least?
outside of balance spells- Challenging roar, pulverize, feral charge, and resto spells (different from balance since i DO use them some)
85 Human Rogue
I play a resto druid on a different account. Proudmoore

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVP!
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
n/a
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Everything
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

well, I have to say travelling out of roots is a plus for Rdruids it definitely helps with our mana, because we dont have to dispel roots on ourselves.

What makes playing your class more fun?

I think having hots is very fun. the fact that you can stop incoming damage not with big healz, but with small ticks of healing that go on for 15 sec. Thats cool! tree form is also always nice

What makes playing your class less fun?

I think the fact that in PVP. Resto druids are so vulnerable atm, when we have a target fully hotted, 2 dps can still burst through it. I even feel that a warlocks dots completely eliminate our hots, basically putting our healing at zero. Also, when a 3v3 comp switches targets we have to re apply all our hotts taking 4-5 gcds, and when the comp switches to me, i pop tree because its the only way to get some decent healing. What i'm trying to say is that every other healer class can actually keep people up in arena, but for us druids, we just dont have enough healing capabilities.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Our rotation is a little messed up. When some one bursts onto another target that i haven't hotted. I need to first rejuv swiftmend to get them up a bit, then i stack Life blooms, into a wild growth. But most of the time its not enough and my team mate would almost always have to pop is defensive cd's.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

- Give us a buff for healz. maybe buffing our passive healing increase by 15-20%
- same as number 1
-same as number 2

Our mobility is great atm, we just need some buff for healing.

What spells do you use the least?

I think it would be soothe, I only use it on a warr when he beserker rages or recks, that bout it. Also maybe healing touch, every other class uses it alot, paladins have speed of light, priest use inner focus > greater heal. I feel that i only use healing touch with an NS, which is a complete waste of a cd, because it would be better off with a NS cyclone.

Thanks for allowing me to put in my input. I have been really bogged down on how resto druids are so under powered in arena's. With the new gear that came out in season 10, every one has insane dmg thru the new swords + armor. I really hope you can help us druids out. Thank you very much
85 Human Rogue
I play a resto druid on a different account. Proudmoore

PVP!
n/a. maybe some heroics here and there but none atm.
Everything
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

well, I have to say travelling out of roots is a plus for Rdruids it definitely helps with our mana, because we dont have to dispel roots on ourselves.

I think having hots is very fun. the fact that you can stop incoming damage not with big healz, but with small ticks of healing that go on for 15 sec. Thats cool! tree form is also always nice

I think the fact that in PVP. Resto druids are so vulnerable atm, when we have a target fully hotted, 2 dps can still burst through it. I even feel that a warlocks dots completely eliminate our hots, basically putting our healing at zero. Also, when a 3v3 comp switches targets we have to re apply all our hotts taking 4-5 gcds, and when the comp switches to me, i pop tree because its the only way to get some decent healing. What i'm trying to say is that every other healer class can actually keep people up in arena, but for us druids, we just dont have enough healing capabilities.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Our rotation is a little messed up. When some one bursts onto another target that i haven't hotted. I need to first rejuv swiftmend to get them up a bit, then i stack Life blooms, into a wild growth. But most of the time its not enough and my team mate would almost always have to pop is defensive cd's.

- Give us a buff for healz. maybe buffing our passive healing increase by 15-20%
- same as number 1
-same as number 2

Our mobility is great atm, we just need some buff for healing.

I think it would be soothe, I only use it on a warr when he beserker rages or recks, that bout it. Also maybe healing touch, every other class uses it alot, paladins have speed of light, priest use inner focus > greater heal. I feel that i only use healing touch with an NS, which is a complete waste of a cd, because it would be better off with a NS cyclone.

Thanks for allowing me to put in my input. I have been really bogged down on how resto druids are so under powered in arena's. With the new gear that came out in season 10, every one has insane dmg thru the new swords + armor. I really hope you can help us druids out. Thank you very much
90 Tauren Druid
1. Both

2. Heroics, raids, solo content

3. Arenas, BGs

4. I'll go down the list. Bears:
-Ranged silence (why are we the only tank of the 4 that doesn't have 1?). FFF should do this, it's on a 10 second CD so it's not that strong, give it like a 2 sec silence so it doesn't affect PvP and make it required to be in bear form to work.
-SD is a neat concept and much better now that the shield doesn't pop on 1 hit but it's a bad design. 50% chance is annoying and makes you feel like your health can go down very quick if you get unlucky with dodges and no procs. It is also bad when you get that 30k mangle and no SD proc then get a crit melee for like 12k and you get it from that.
-Rage needs to be adjusted. I feel rage starved in heroics constantly because my gear is high enough that I hardly take damage/dodge too much etc. Beginning of fights is trouble and mid/end of fights I feel like I have too much threat, having to stop attacking if there is a tank swap.
Cats:
-Energy regen is terrible. TF and berserk are not adequate and I feel like I'm sitting doing nothing but white attacks half the time.
-Shred positional requirement is still confusing to me. Why do we have it still when there are so many fights where you can't be behind the boss?
-Feral charge: Is there any chance we can get it acknowledged that skull bash doesn't work half the time in PvP and a fix put in place? Also what about the no path available when I'm standing 1 foot from the mob?
-Ferocious bite damage: Why does this ability with max energy and max combo points crit against the same target once for 9k and then another time for 35k? Can we please please pleaseeee get the damage normalized for both PvP AND PvE?
-Lack of abilities to get out of roots. Ok, so we have dash and stampeding roar to get us out of roots the problem is, you break the root and are instantly snared again. Something needs to make us immune for at least a few seconds.
Resto:
-LB: Takes far too long to get a stack going and you're screwed for 3 globals if you need to switch targets which happens frequently in PvP AND PvE. Give us a soul-swap for hots!!!
-Lack of raid wide damage reduction CD. I realize that our niche is to toss out tons of heals constantly and keep the raid stable but in a lot of fights that just isn't enough. Tranq is not and cannot be considered to fill this role. It will NOT save the raid if everyone is low and incoming big damage is imminent. Along this same line is a defensive single target CD. Give us the ability to toss barkskin on another target on a longer CD.
-Worst healer in PvP by leaps and bounds. No need to say more.
General:
-Cannot use vanity items in any form except caster. It has been shown by blizz numerous times (Leyara's Locket) that they can allow us to do it so why don't you?
-Transmogrify (big new feature) only usable for resto druids and druids who want to afk in towns.
-Too much gear! I have a resto PvP set, a feral PvP set, a tank set, a feral DPS set and a resto set. Thankfully my feral DPS and tank set are fairly similar.
-Too many buttons for the millions of skills that can be used cross forms and not enough space.
-Cyclone: Works great for PvP but would be nice if it was a minute long CC on mobs. Why is it the only CC in the game (that I can think of at least) that has DRs on mobs? Roots don't work against casters though with them not dealing their own damage at least they don't break themselves which was an improvement
-Give us some abilities we can cast in forms like roots for PvE or something. Anything. Not sure what.

5. Being able to fulfill all roles if needed. I got tired of tanking before Cata so rather than making a new toon I just switched to resto and am having a blast.

6. All points listed above.

7. No rotation in resto really. Feral rotation seems a lot more forgiving now that changes have been made. No rotation for bear.

8. Fixes to all points above. Mostly being able to use transmogrify for all forms and making resto not terrible in PvP. Also fix lack of raid and/or defensive CD for restos and ranged silence for bears. Lastly make bears not feel so bursty.

9. As others have said: Teleport: Moonglade. It was nice when Hyjal came out I could port to it and fly and now with flying it counts as a second hearth but with the addition of portals in Org it is not necessary.
-Shrooms. I used them once when they came out to see how they looked. Otherwise never again but I realize they are useful for boomkins.
-Cower: Useless skill, not even on my bars especially now with threat changes
-Claw: Another useless skill that is pointless with mangle.
-Stampeding roar: I use it to get back faster on wipes and to break roots. Why is this skill in the game exactly? It seems very pointless and not at all worthy of a level 80+ skill
-Hurricane: Way too many intensive to be useful for anyone.
90 Tauren Druid
MY RESPONSES WILL ALMOST BE 100% PVP BASED

- I focus mainly on PVP

-Most competitive in arena, i do RBGs and BGs as well of course.

-Typhoon to actually work, relying on an ability that doesn't work a decent chunk of the time is severely depressing.

-Complexity and utility. Eg. Hunters do one thing, damage (ofc they cc, but mainly kill things) and they do it in a singular way as well, shoot stuff. Druid (moonkin specifically) has a variety of things to do and ways to deliver it.

- Again, this is from moonkin perspective. I have no defensive cool downs so i feel very one dimensional vs. melee. For example, when a rogue is on me all i can do is cast in his face with bark skin up hoping he doesn't kick me.... OR press natures grasp.. Which does nothing now because of; SS, cloak, vanish and the ability to prep and re-use those cool downs. This one dimension, on top of being boring, also doesn't work. We have no resistance to spell push back and our casts are long, also, i simply do not out dmg rogues and other melee classes.

-In PVE its very fun, i enjoy it very much. In pvp, it is BORING, most moonkins spam moonfire to attain a lunar/solar proc or instant cast star surge because, this is the only time we do damage. This is BORRRRRRRRING.

-More defensive cool downs, DK's hit like beasts and are also immune to magic every 45 seconds along with CD's appropriate for almost every damage/cc in the game. I don't care so much for invincibility like DK's but something along the lines of ice nova, offensive or defensive capabilities.

-TYPHOON TO WORK

-More healing; almost every spec/class in the game has some form of self heal; recuperate, chimera shot, feral instant heals/ccs, death strike, ret instant heals, enh instant heals etc. Moonkin has to drop form, stop all dmg, losing both mana and the -15% dmg reduction and hard cast minor heals. Perhaps you could do something with nourish and associate it to the moonkin tree since its not used.

-Resistance to spell push back. Every caster in the game has a -70% chance to have their spells pushed back by damage, why don't we?

-Help CC'ing (PVP). This also ties into the whole melee training thing; most classes have an ability such as; death coil, HoJ/repent, physic horror/scream, scatter shot, deep freeze, howl of terror etc. All of our CC is casted and when being trained down, we are helpless.

-Nourish

Thanks for the opportunity to voice our concerns!
Edited by Getfighted on 9/12/2011 5:28 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE

Raids/Old Content

Making it easier to regem and enchant a set of armor so that if I want to swap from cat dps to bear tank I dont have to rebuy those again.

Being able to put up bleeds and quick movement that allows me to keep up my dps make my class more fun.

The lack of customization while sitting in a form. Makes Transmoging my gear seem pointless.

I like my rotation very well, besides the fact that shred only works behind a target. Big dps loss for me on fights I cant at least 75% shred.

More form customization. Give tree form back to resto druids 100% of the time. Upgrading travel form to the speed of your ground mounts highest speed or allowing sprint to be used in travel form.

Hurricane, Thorns, Claw, Travel Form (cause I'm a feral cat most of the time and I can use that inside)
90 Night Elf Druid
Both

Raids

Unrated BGs

The positional requirement on Shred is an outdated mechanic. When you have to define 270 degrees as "behind" bosses like Rag or Majordomo just so kitty can be functional, what's the point of the requirement existing at all, except to mess up rhythm as the boss uses a random target ability?

The NE cat model having a bugged rear right leg after 1) all the talk of getting the model right pre-release and 2) seeing the worgen cat model with the exact same bug except it gets fixed, is another annoyance.

Mobility. Melee is boring if I can just stand there and do my rotation. The problem is melee aren't competitive with ranged unless they are in that stand there situation.

1) AOE. Cat Swipe is mindless and ineffective if the mobs don't die within 3 swipes. Bear Swipe is also mindlessly used on CD.
2) The positional requirement on Shred as outlined above
3) The endless whining by the PVP community whenever Feral even hints at ending a season with decent representation (I guess you can't fix this one).

It's fine.

Remove the positional of Shred. Fix the NE cat graphic. Move shapeshifting to its own GCD.

All Balance DPS spells, which is expected. Challenging Roar isn't needed and Stampeding Roar is useless in PVE. Oh and Cower is useless too.
Edited by Resonance on 9/13/2011 4:12 PM PDT
12 Gnome Rogue
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Dungeons.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Battlegrounds.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I don't know really.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I find slow, powerful spells a fun way of dealing damage. The Balance system is extremely cool too.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

I don't know exactly. I don't care for the "damage over time" spells such as Insect Swarm and Moonfire that have a good chance of not hitting the target in PvE (sometimes PvP) and I have to spam moonfire/insect swarm about seven times to even hit them, then I have to reapply the other spell (moonfire/insectswarm) on them yet another time..

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I really enjoy it - Though I do believe us druids lack in instant damage spells (Wrath, Starsurge, Starfall).

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

A glyph that allows me to stay a troll in moonkin form - or at least a glyph that turns me into something else while in moonkin form (eg. a furbolg xD).

Not being able to cast Travel Form indoors lol?

■What spells do you use the least?

Insect Swarm - It's boring having two spells with the same effect (moonfire).

Entangling Roots - It doesn't last as long as it should.

Cat Form - It's not as fun as a rogue :\

Bear Form - It's just not that fun :\ I perfer paladin tanking.

Aqautic Form - I'm never near water haha.
85 Gnome Rogue
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
n/a

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, and the occasional BG, not really RBG;s

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Druids are pretty good when it comes to that.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
Disentanglement, and a unique form of healing via HoT's

* What makes playing your class less fun?

How insanely bad Resto druids are for PvP. They dont heal for a lot outside of Tree Form (which oom's us fast anyway) and are intensivley squishy and vulnerable to any kind of swap

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

5 Globals to reapply HoT's too a target taking damage?? no wonder why swap against a resto druid team = they lose

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

1] An ability like soul swap that swaps our HoT's from target to target
2]Have Regrowth cost less mana (or at least in tree form)
3]More self survivability somehow

* What spells do you use the least?

Healing Touch. While I do use it sometimes, it's extremely rare. Costs a lot of mana and doesnt heal for that much anyways. Not to mention like a 2.5 sec cast time
85 Night Elf Druid
<-- actually logging in to post here

Feral Druid btw, with Balance offspec.

PvE

Raids, with a bit of heroic raiding

I do the occasional BG, rarely RBG

Shred's positional requirement. We're not freaking Sub rogues for starters, and the general attitude from the devs that "Oh, mangle if not in front, it's ok for a slight dps loss" is not acceptable considering not being able to Shred is a huge DPS loss; consider the synergy Shred has with so many other abilities (extending Rip for starters) and it's clear not being able to use our main attack due to some poorly designed boss encounters is wrong.

More fun? I'd like to see more cosmetic flavors to our forms; Fandral's Flamescythe (even though it still hasn't dropped for me :( ) is an example, being able to become a fire cat is pretty fun. Maybe allow cosmetic items to work while NOT doing Arena, like Noggenfogger, etc.

Besides Shred positional requirements? How about the Rip bugs, lack of CP dumps, inability to use Feral Charge due to positioning bugs (why not redesign it to be more like a warrior leap?), etc.

Again, besides the listed issues, the rotation is fairly good otherwise. Would like to see FB be bumped up in damage more to be used more; many CPs are wasted as FB is almost always suboptimal to use before the whole "Blood in the Water" phase, as SR and Rip last long enough.

Besides bug fixes and removing Shred's positional requirement? Fix those and I'm sure a lot of complaints would die down. Skull Bash could also use a downrank in cost; it's ridiculous we have to spend a quarter of our Energy just to use it, not to mention we have to talent into something to lower its CD to an acceptable level for general use, while many other classes with Interrupts not only get to use theirs for cheaper (or at a cost not harmful to their resource), but don't have to talent into something ridiculous to be able to use it regularly.

And as odd as it sounds, just make bleeds dispellable already; that way you can kill off the QQ from other classes about how strong they are, and then you can rebuff our mastery for them for us since we're still lacking some in the damage department.

Well, as a feral...pretty much any non-feral ability. Just in general Pulverize in general is useless and not worth talenting into for, even for true bear specs it's only taken due to the lack of anything else really.
90 Night Elf Druid

PvE

regular 10-man Raids

N/A

Perma tree of life form was taken away. Only one I can think of.

I like the shapeshifts. Also I like how we have our own niche for tanking (avoidance) and healing (throughput). I love the class in general. Though its true we don't have as many emergency solutions as other healers I think our role as throughput makes up for that, leaving the emergency situations to healers that specialize in that sort of thing. Though I haven't run into this problem much myself.

I guess my main gripe would be no perma tree form. I get what you were trying to accomplish with how it works now but at the same time you managed to take away one of the main things that make this class (doesn't matter what spec) feel unique and fun. I can think of several obvious solutions to give us our tree form back but I'm sure you have much smarter people then me that can figure this out. People knock us as tree huggers but the simple fact is a lot of people loved this about the druid class. Every other spec has this (as resto once did) so why not resto as well? Are you really telling us that you can't make this work?

Absolutely love my resto rotations. Bear can be a bit boring on single target fights but in general I find it to be a nice mix of offense/defensive CD's.

Customization of the appearance of your forms.

Speaking from a bear/resto point of view. Challenging Roar/Maul/Thorns/Teleport Moonglade.
Edited by Sunagwa on 9/12/2011 5:47 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid

Both (as Resto)

2 nights/week mostly normal raids

Higher-ish end of arenas, 24-2700

Spell hit distinction on the hit from spirit talent. Druids have game-breaking abilities based on melee hit, while other healers don't. (Less significant since the 100% hit on interrupts, but it's still really annoying to know you only have a 75% chance of actually landing a bash when you hit the button.)

Tree form taking a GCD - it feels really crappy to need bonus throughput, and then sit and wait for a GCD. To my knowledge, all the other throughput CDs have been taken off the GCD... arcane power, pally wings, power infusion, cold blood, ...

Losing tree form if you shift out. To explain, I'll give the fix. The 3 minute cooldown could be: "Allows the use of Tree of Life for 31 seconds", rather than "Shape shift into the tree of life, ..."

Mobility

Mastery - the other healer masteries read "Here, have a cool bonus to your healing" the resto druid mastery reads "Heal like we want you to or be gimped." To me, the resto mastery feels just like the old tree form. Druids have to do something extra to get to the default state of the other healers.

Horrible damage when not in tree form. I can't do much to help my team when they need a little extra burst. Also, going out to kill 10 elementals for the JC daily is miserable when I'm dual resto spec... I usually just drop the 66g to respec to avoid the annoyance. (I have macros to auto respec me, but I still find it to be an "interesting decision" to go to the trainer to auto respec rather than just pushing a 3rd spec button)

Using regrowth feels stupid. HoTs are supposed to feel like slow, mana efficient heals, and yet our emergency high cost heal is partially a HoT? It doesn't make sense. "Oh no, the tanks in trouble... let me apply 2500 healing over 6 seconds"

Nourish also feels weird due to it's relative power to our other abilities. I pretty much only use nourish once I have nothing left to do and don't feel like jumping up and down anymore.

Swapping nourish and regrowth would fix the "feel" of both of them. It wouldn't feel like throwing away part of our emergency heal, and it would give us a reason to use our efficient heal - to apply another HoT.

The talent that refreshes lifebloom with hard-cast heals should be on a 100% PVE related talent. I'd love to have 10% more direct healing in PVP, but can't because I have to control when lifebloom ticks in PVP.

Armor graphics in forms. Just the head/shoulders would be nice so that every cat/bear doesn't look like every other cat/bear.

What spells do you use the least? Nourish... if I feel like wasting 3 seconds, I'll probably alt tab and refresh failblog
Edited by Stev on 9/12/2011 6:04 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
I have just one thing to suggest for Druid tanking: Charge generates rage. I've stopped tanking on my druid since I levelled my warrior, because shout + charge at the start of a fight is pretty awesome on the warrior, and going back to it costing rage on the druid is sorta a bummer.

I would also like to see bosses not run towards me when I charge. Could it be changed so they don't get aggroed until I actually arrive?

90 Troll Druid

Primarily PvE.

I am a Feral Combat (Cat) Druid raiding 25 mans, currently 3/7 HM.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Target swapping is an incredible challenge at times, particularly on fights like Majordomo Staghelm where maintaining high dps on the boss is important, but adds are just as vital. I end up resorting to swipe and melee in order to maintain CPs on the boss himself. Some boss positioning can also be difficult at times in regards to shred, but you guys have done an excellent job trying to accommodate for that, for which I am grateful.

I love shapeshifting. It is always fun to be able to predict an emergency and powershift into a role that can help save the day, or escape in PvP. The class is also exceptionally varied in the roles you can fill, which is pleasant in that desiring something new to do doesn't involve mothballing your toon.

There are still some talents floating around that are either bloated or difficult to acquire in a raid dps specialization. Brutal Impact is one; I'd love to have those interrupts, because I enjoy being a valuable raider who can contribute in multiple ways, but you definitely have to sacrifice some equally useful talents in order to utilize it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I enjoy the feral rotation. It can certainly be challenging at times, but that just helps separate out the chaff and gives incentive to try harder in order to be successful. Our rotation when there are multiple targets leaves a little bit to be desired, though, due to a fairly significant ramp up time.

I would love to see Swipe added to Infected Wounds. It is a fairly minor change, and the energy cost is high enough that it wouldn't give any significant pvp advantage, but it would allow Ferals to participate in situations where aoe kiting is necessary, and this tactic has appeared in several expansions now (Gluth/Akama/Beth/etc...) I am also somewhat jealous of Redirect, though as I haven't used it, I'm not certain how useful it ultimately becomes. Cat/Bear/Moonkin barding would be amazing. I know it would be difficult to pass over class gear sets to forms, but it would certainly look impressive.

Thorns and Hurricane.
85 Night Elf Druid

Resto/Feral PvP

Resto Arena/RBGs, Feral normal bgs.

Another voice to support the return of permanent tree-form with the old model. I'm already targeted first as a healer in combat anyway, being in or out of form makes no difference in regards to pvp targeting currently.

What makes playing your class more fun? Constant form shifts. Prowling for ninja flag caps. Bear form dancing.

What makes playing your class less fun? Being vulnerable to hard-switches in rated comp. Hitting barksin, nature's grasp, tree-form if it's not on CD or bear form with frenzied regen if it is and knowing the enemy dps will chew through all that like I was standing there gearless.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Mostly fine.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I'd like a personal shield or absorb that gives me more of a chance to survive than Barkskin does. I don't care if the cost is high and I have to blow every single cooldown I have with it to stay up until I can get away or get through that initial burst of 2 dps classes. Even with 4.1k resil right now I pop CDs and die within seconds in a hard-switch. Against certain melee classes I don't even get a chance to pop everything.

What spells do you use the least? Healing Touch, Nourish, Teleport: Moonglade.
85 Troll Druid

What type of content do you focus on? (PvE/PvP/Both)

Both. I enjoy them quite equally.

If PvE, what type of PvE? (Heroics/Raids/Other)

Raids, achievements, holiday events, soloing old content (I wish you'd remove the raid party requirement so I could do so more easily)

If PvP, what type of PvP? (Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs)

Battle grounds, world pvp, some arena

Feral: I can understand why you took away my ability to shift out of roots as feral, but I do miss it so. Also, rogues get a talent to reduce stealth cooldown. It's nice, I wish I had it.
Resto: It feels so weird being moved away from HoTs to direct spells as Mastery. As a druid I've rolled HoTs since TBC. It's like my flavor. Using so many direct heals just feels....awkward.
Balance: The new sun/moon system is weird. Just sayin.

I can fill any role I want to spec for. I'm highly mobile. I have the BEST dances. But most of all, I'm a cat with a mohawk.

I wish the feral tree were a bit more separated. I don't know how you'd do that. I feel like, as a dps cat I have less abilities than say, a rogue, even though I'm filling the same role. "Oh, but you can be a bear too!" Well, in cat spec with cat gear it isn't going to do me any good. Despite bear and cat being the same tree you really end up as one or the other. So, as a cat druid, I do end up feeling lacking. Maybe bears feel the same.

Feral: It's true we have probably the most complex rotation in game. However, with addons, that's easily handled. I have no problems.
Resto: I want my HoTs back!
Balance: I'd rather use the old style eclipse proc than the new system. That's just me.

Updated Moonkin, Travel, and Swim forms.

Magic Mushroom. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an awesome spell. I just wish they worked more like hunter traps. Set and let something trip them.
Any of our cc's. Save for Nature's Grasp in pvp. Sure, mostly they are ok, but I can't cast 4/5 of them in feral and usually there's another class that can cc better/more safely.
90 Night Elf Druid
BOOMKIN/RESTO

PvE. dabble in PvP and plan to pursue it more later

Raid, Arena
Shapeshifting interfering with normal activities, such as not gaining a brew of the month buff because i was in moonkin form.

The complexity of the rotation and the importance of DOTs, and the many diverse class/spec spells that make being a boomkin unique, such as innervate, (glyphed full health) battle rez, typhoon, solar cleave, solar beam. The ability to switch to heals on a moments notice, even without a different gear set and still being fairly effective. And the ability to control my eclipse bar fairly precisely.

Mushroom interface. It's very clunky and difficult, my biggest complaint being when trying to place it in a middle of a mob and tank and end up clicking on a trash/teammate instead of successfully planting a mushroom, wasting valuable time where I am doing absolutely no damage. Being tied to an eclipse rotation without many options. A long cooldown option (10 min) to move instantly to solar or lunar would benefit greatly, so there is more leeway in rotation when preparing for a boss burn phase.

I love the complexity of it and the demand to master it in order to push dps. I appreciate that several spells (starfall, mushroom, etc) are stronger in lunar or solar. As I said above, being tied to it is frustrating at times, but being able to control it is of utmost importance to me.

Either a barber shop for druid forms or the ability to opt out of shapeshifting (glyph or spell) to benefit from different looks, gear, and transmorging. And fixing mushroom interface.

Hurricane. The only time I will use it is for the glyphed reduced speed in specific mob situations. Changing it in a few ways will bring back its usage - mana cost reduction, higher damage, and the ability to benefit from lunar eclipse (to make it a spell comparable to mushrooms so we can choose which spell we need for which situation). And thorns. I forgot it existed until Alysrazor.
Edited by Artemaia on 9/12/2011 5:46 PM PDT
What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Other (Don't get a lot of requests for Boomkins on my server)

If PvP, what type of PvP?

N/A

Druid forms negating armor look. Moonkin look not being optional, or varied.

The phases of the moon/sun.

No rotation specialties. Only one real rotation per role per talent specialization. Talents too focused, no room for variance if wanting to be competitive.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Not enough talent options to adjust rotation to your skill or playstyle.

Cloths on Druid forms. Even if its just a couple of gear slots that would effect the appearance of the forms. Like Helms/cloaks for Moonkins, Chest/legs for Bears, Gloves/helm Cat.

Seaform?
90 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - Arenas / BGs

My quality-of-life issues are mostly having to do with shred having a positional requirement, I would much rather it had no requirement or perhaps requiring active bleeds on the target instead. I also dislike having to drop cat form in raids to be able to use my battle res and thorns (on the rare occasion I use it). Another issue I have is travel form only usable outdoors, I can't really see why we don't have it indoors now that shaman ghost wolf can be used indoors as well.

The versatility is what made me play a druid, I love being able to dps in cat spec and still be able to go bear at a moments notice to survive or at least stay alive a bit longer. I also like being able to run faster than everyone else. :)

Constantly having to worry about being able to shred in addition to all the other stuff you have to keep track of is really not "fun" at all, especially when raid mechanics make it difficult to do so. Not being able to use items that change your appearance while in forms is also a huge bummer for me, I have a ton of them but I never get to use them because I'm always in forms.

The feral rotation is just fine I think.

Wishlist is as follows:
1. Remove the shred positional requirement.
2. Being able to use cosmetic items while in forms.
3. Put fear break (not immunity) back on berserk.
4. Add more items like Fandral's Flamescythe that change form appearances. And make it so we can keep the appearance if we choose even after we upgrade from the item, I don't want to go back to being a plain old cat. :(
5. Let us cast rebirth, thorns, and innervate while in cat form.
6. Let us use our instant cast spell from predatory strikes without dropping form.
7. Get rid of the root break from our sprints and put it back on shapeshifting, just put a relatively short cd on the root break effect.
8. Make cower useful now that threat isn't really a concern. Perhaps make it like the hunter pet ability, damage reduction but a movement decrease (not clearable by shifting)
9. Give ferals more self healing.
10. Get rid of the extra energy consumption of Ferocious Bite.
11. Give ferals more spell hit like you did for ret paladins.
12. Please give ferals a cleave to help with our dmg on multiple targets. (claw? mangle?)
12. Ferals get to dual wield fist weapons. (Not gonna happen but I can wish for it)

Soothe, Cower, Innervate, Mushrooms
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]