(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, 10m Raid

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Tree of Life being a CD ability. Druids are shape shifters. When I'm 2 healing in 10m Firelands I feel like Tree of Life is just an emergency CD and in some fights I don't even need to use the ability and that is a real downer for me.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The gear I acquire works perfectly for my Balance offspec

What makes playing your class less fun?
It feels like I'm not the one healing people. When I play on my paladin alt I can see the health bars increase as I cast heals but on my druid they just slowly increase without me using a cast bar heal.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It feels extremely mana efficient.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Returning Tree of Life back to a druid form and not an emergency CD. I also had an idea for Wild Mushrooms, what if as Restoration we could use the mushrooms to heal people instead of damaging things when we detonate them, though I can see how this could easily become over powered when mixed with Effloressence, just an idea.

What spells do you use the least?
As a healing spell I use regrowth the least because of it's horrible amount healed to mana cost ratio. Other spells would be thorns because it costs a lot of mana and I no longer use Hurricane as Balance.
90 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly Raids, reg 10 man casual guild

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Mostly BG's, enough arena to cap conquest

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Very bored with the Moonkin form. I only like looking at myself as a fat, giant chicken for so long. Do love that dance though :).

■What makes playing your class more fun?
It feels like a much more complicated spec than other specs and classes. Since our damage is almost always based on what eclipse we are in (or stuck out of /sigh) our results become very situational. This means we feel better when we perform well on a class that is much more complicated to correctly execute on a fight. Course on the other hand it sucks quite a bit to be limited to only a few spells when almost an entire fight requires the same eclipse or you won't pull your weight DPSwise.

Our very unique eclipse system also sets us aside from every other play style and I like doing something different than everyone else.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
The complicated and situational nature of the moonkin spec makes learning the very new, and very challenging boss fights that much harder. It feels like I need to get a boss on autopilot before I can really give my rotation the focus it needs to perform well. And when a moonkin doesn't perform well... it goes from very high dps to very low. It is extremely frusterating at times to see the hunters, rogues and mages with consistent numbers, even while they mess up more on a fight, while mine vary so much based on how well I have learned the fight and tuned it with not just a complicated rotation but the difficult to manage eclipse system.

A very noticable drop in dps (over half usually) while having to move... and we almost always have to move.

Hardly any escape mechanics for pvp. A trinket, barkskin and natures grasp goes hardly anywhere... melee are very hard to deal with. We may be able to get away for a couple seconds but we need more than a couple seconds to be able to cast any spell since our movement damage was nerfed so heavily. Very frusterating.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotational concept is good and as said before I like the eclipse system. Probably too complicated for how hard these fights are becoming in comparison to other classes/specs but still fun.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
A customizable look. I don't want to look like Chris Farley in a chicken suit anymore.

A spell, maybe with a long cooldown, that allows us to temporarily cast while moving.

A working Starfall spell... it still breaks CC's and pulls other groups at times. Or just scratch it all together and give us something else.

A way to jump eclipses from 1 to the other in an emergency. Still leaves room for error in the way that you can easily get caught between eclipses when you need higher damage on a certain spell for a situation and allows you to use the intended rotation and not have to worry about being in the wrong eclipse for a certain phase of a fight.

More than 1 interrupt per minute, and possibly a stronger snare than root in PVP... I have yet to see it successfully hold someone in a solar beam.

A working 'kill that DK' button.

■What spells do you use the least?
Thorns, Hurricane, Sooth (though when I do use Sooth, I'm happy I have it), teleport: moonglade, cower, and I'm very tentative with Starfall these days (not using it on cooldown much of the time)
86 Worgen Druid
I mostly focus on PVE but i do PVP alot to pass the time when im bored.
Heroics, just got into a good raiding guild and looking forward to clearing hardmoes with them
Mostly just Bgs and arenas when i can
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Id have to say. when i was an herbalist and just flying from herb to herb without having to change forms.
I like being able to do good burst damage, and being agil and able to quickly move in raids.
Rotation is so strict
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like my rotation, even though it is kinda long. i dont enjoy though that it is so strict and you cant really mess up with it cuz if you do then, it would affect your DPS greatly.
Different travel forms for different races
Soothe, my healing spells. unless im pvping, mangle (really no need with warrior or rogue in raid).
85 Night Elf Druid
Both

Heroics, 10 man Raiding

Arenas, BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Thorns being castable while in a feral form.

Having 4 specs to choose from. Out of all the classes, my druid has generated the most replay value for me. Also, actually enjoying Teleport: Moonglade. Helps Archaeology :)

The position requirement on Shred in a PvE setting as well as feeling energy starved during boss fights.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I enjoy it with all specs. For feral dps, the only thing it lacks is transition changes which stresses the energy stress.

1.) Thorns being castable in Feral, or given that way through a "bear" talent.
2.) Having the position requirement stripped from Shred in the PvE setting.
3.) Savage Defense being revamped completely to help tanking. (Maybe higher percentage, or make Dodge also give some absorb)
4.) Some help towards the energy issues for Feral DPS.
5.) Allowing the casting of Rebirth while in Bear Form without losing form.

Cower, Hurricane, and Soothe
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE (mostly healing)

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and Older (not time intensive) Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Oddly enough, transmogrification solves my main quality-of-life issue of mismatched gear. Bravo on that one. Other than that I would say travel form usable indoors like shaman wolf form.

The decision of which heal/HoT a particular situation requires (this has been awesome since Cataclysm). Instant flight form. The ability to switch between different forms/roles. Being able to flee quickly, being a squishy healer and all.

Being stunned/silenced/slowed too often in PvE content when someone is in need of healing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Doesn't apply to healing, which is primarily what I do.

1. A different, appealing species for swimming form would be amazing.
2. I know armor on forms is very difficult to do, but something to make cats/boomkin/bears/trees look more unique would be awesome (maybe an equipment slot for new "shown in form" items).
3. Cosmetic items usable in forms would be nice.

Soothe and Cower.
85 Draenei Mage
PvE

Raids

Having to build up to my eclipse after dying

Its Unique and fun

Same model for Owlkin / Shroom management

Its fine as is, I don't understant Feral DPS though

Button that lets me enter a eclipse state

Fairie Fire, Soothe, Roots, Solar Beam, Thorns
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm primarily a resto druid whenever I'm not soloing.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Mostly PvE, but also some of both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Not really being able to use cosmetic affects. I understand it's probably a coding issue, but it's still no fun when your entire raid is wearing cool costumes, and you can't because you wasted yours using tree form on the last pull or were going as a boomkin that night. On a similar note, it would be nice to be able to talk to flight masters or do crafting while in a form.

What makes playing your class more fun? Having cool forms, and being really mobile during fights. I enjoy getting to run around alot both in raids and in BGs, and tend to be the tree jumping around on the side somewhere mid-fight. :P

What makes playing your class less fun? Struggling on fights that require a lot of direct heals (such as Baleroc). Also, not getting full enjoyment out of cosmetic effects, and having to shift out just because my guildy wants me to make a glyph or I need a new pair of boots.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I generally like the healing rotation, especially now that mana costs seem to be worked out. I still feel like I need too many buttons to play my cat, but that might ease up as I get more comfortable in that spec, and I'm not generally needing to push 5 different abilities at once or anything. :P

What’s on your wish list for your class? Cosmetic buffs that last through shapeshifting, and an option for permanent tree form (yes, I still miss being tree for a full fight). Also normal shifting out of roots for boomkins, because it throws me off when going from nelf to cheetah fails to break the root effects.

What spells do you use the least? Soothe followed by Hibernate (though we might need a public service announcement to let players know we have that second one). I'm not sure about other druids, but I personally love using my Teleport: Moonglade, especially now with Azeroth flying.
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

What type of PvE? Dailies, heroics and 10 man raids

None spring to mind, Druids don't have any glaring QoL issues.

What makes playing your class more fun? Pass
What makes playing your class less fun? Pass

Feral cat = I have some issues where sometimes I generate 5 combo points too quickly, but I can't re-apply rip too early and I've just refreshed savage roar, so I have to consider ferocious bite - however that usually means I'm starved of energy for the next few seconds and will have trouble generating 5 more combo points by the time I do need to refresh rip. I usually end up just shredding, but it's a minor annoyance that I feel I'm "wasting" combo points.

Feral cat AoE = is really powerful but a little boring.

Feral bear = Is a lot improved from WotLK. I haven't spent as much time in bear as I have in cat, but pulverize is a fun button to hit in terms of DPS/threat, I don't feel like it makes a measurable difference in survivability though. Having lacerate drop off when I pulverize is also annoying as it stops me from proc'ing berserk; a glyph to change this mechanic would be appreciated.

Fear bear Aoe = I like having a separate AoE rotation in Thrash and Swipe, although perhaps there could be one more ability and a bit more strategy in what order you press them (other than "whichever's cooldown is up first").

Armor in forms (at least shoulder/helms)

As a feral druid, the feral spells I use the least are:
- Maim (occasionally to interrupt if skull bash is on CD)
- Cower
- Stampeding Roar
85 Troll Druid
Resto Druid

PVE

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a

1. I don't feel like a druid while playing resto. Druid = shapeshifting. Resto = shapeshifting on a cd. It just doesn't feel right.
2. As a healer I do not have any external cds to help mitigate tank damage. I know that is probably intentional design since we have tranquility, which is huge raid heal. But I feel like I'm gimped at the start of content when we are rolling cds during certain fights to keep tanks alive.

I can do anything in the game, given the right set of gear. I love having that versatility without having to prep 4 different toons.

Major changes to the core of druid-ism (again is that a word?) ie One spec not needing a form to function, blending of the trees ( which I don't see happening). The pretty ineffective ability of the Resto tree to put out any meaningful damage (have you ever tried to lvl as resto? its fail lol). The eh talents we are forced to spec into in secondary trees to reach a decent talent.

As resto, once I've learned a fight, and the raid has the fight down, its predictable. Which can be good. Its always a blast learning a fight and planning and executing healing to max efficiency.

Putting tree form back in as a form and not a cd.
And possibly having some alt/gimic power source to our healing form. Seems like everyone else does... ie holy power/totems/chakras... absorbs (do those count? I'm not sure). I know we are HOT based but I would love to see some spell useable on a player when we have a certain number of hots on them OR Spell A does X Y or Z, depending on what/how many hots are on target. Sort of like Priest Chakra but instead of basing in on spell the druid casts after activating, base it on the spells they've already stacked on the target. Would make Resto druids not only more interactive but more of challenge of what to use when. It would also have the added benifit of more effective tank healers in 5 mans or in those circumstances where they are the only heal remaining in a raid.
Would also love to see some variation on colors for moonkin/tree form, since bear/cat got the love in cata. Lime green chickens and hot pink trees anyone? :)

Teleport: Moonglade
Hurricane
Edited by Miacara on 9/12/2011 6:25 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Everything

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]All of the PvP, Rated BGs are fun :D

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Well the heart of our class the tree Form has been pushed aside to be used as a cooldown, tranq RULES! and the 3 min timer is amazing that is great the way it is but agian tree form cooldown makes me a sad panda :(

What makes playing your class more fun?TREE OF LIFE AND TRANQ!!!!!

What makes playing your class less fun?nourish being as bad as it is and i would have to say the lack of cool looking items not being used as a druid like noggenfogger

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)Well the rotation is good but using lifebloom on ONE target kinda of sucks wish you went back to multi use and take cooldown off Wild growth like in BC

What’s on your wish list for your class? Fire bat form or the fire bird or even a glpyh to change it

What spells do you use the least?Nourish because its to weak and my cleanse because it cost to damn much mana
Edited by Souldawg on 9/12/2011 6:28 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid

complicated rotation of feral and boomkin make the class fun to me so im happy with that.

option to add maybe a minor glyph to remove moonkin form.or an option in the interface similar to how helms and cloadk can be removed.

hurricane.

85 Night Elf Druid
This class is fine.
90 Troll Druid
First of all thank you for doing this:

Both; all boomkin

raids, some heroic raids

Arenas, BGs

-Not being able to out-self-heal a rogue, warrior, or dk despite being a hybrid. Both DK's and warriors are hybrids of tanks when dps, and utilize many of the tools of the prot/blood spells. Where as a Boomkin does not gain any true health from their dots mid fight. I don't want to be invincible, but when the DK heals himself to full for the 2nd time I definitely sigh out loud. Our hots (when not in resto spec) leave a little to be desired.
-Lack of interrupts. Solar beam is a god send, but does not act as an interrupt unless casted on the person, mid cast. This leaves us with an interrupt, once a minute, making us useless in arenas.
-The number of reticule using spells a boomkin has. Shrooms, hurricane, treants. Reticule spells are no fun unless its a blizzard type spell, like hurricane.

-Being a chicken of course! Don't ever take away the perma form!
-Knockbacks, the ability to kite (i used to kite the adds in the first phase of nef, fun stuff).

-Inability to self heal effectively.
-No efficient defensive cooldowns for pvp. Barkskin leaves a lot to be desired in the CD department.

It's seems to be in the goldilock's area. Not too hard, or too easy, but just right. Anyone can learn it but to efficiently use it correctly and produce stellar numbers takes a certain finesse.

- A talent incorporating thorns and barkskin into one talent on a shorter cd.
- Heal Over Time spells like rejuv. to be affected by solar energy. ( I truly believe this would effectively balance the "healing" issue in pvp for self heals.)
- Talent - "chicken with its head cut off" - reduces spell damage by 5% but increases movement speed by 20% and allows spells shorter than an 8 second cast to be cast while moving. last 5 seconds. 2 min CD.
- Mushrooms "desecration" effect to have the same hit rating as the caster.

Hurricane, hurricane, hurricane.
Edited by Aabrahm on 9/12/2011 6:37 PM PDT
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics w/occasional raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs and rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Sheer number of spells I'm required to cast as resto. It's getting a little ridiculous.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like the flexibility you get with a druid as you can fill pretty much any role. I also like the ability to switch in and out of various forms.

What makes playing your class less fun? I really wish Orcs could be druids as I'm not terribly fond of trolls or cows.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Resto is not very rotationy, it's more reactive (with the exception of HOTs, of course). I like the HOT aspect of druids (I used to use HOTs a lot as priest even though that wasn't a terribly viable approach back in my healing days).

What’s on your wish list for your class? Please bring back permanent Tree of Life. It feels very gimmicky in its current incarnation. Also, I, personally, am not fond of the current Tree of Life artwork. It really looks... dopey... no offense. I don't like that I have to waste a glyph to make it look less... dopey.

What spells do you use the least? Wild Mushroom. I rarely get to use Healing Touch unless in combination with Nature's Swiftness.

I haven't spent a lot of time with Balance or Feral, so I can't really comment yet. Sorry.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to provide feedback.
85 Tauren Druid
Both, mostly PVP
Heroics
All types
More Survivability in boomkin form and Resto, also make a perma tree form especially how we have an awesome animation that comes with Tree form.
Considering in PVP and im not feral, nothing. I need more Survivability in PVP in boomkin form, and in Restoration your squishy as heeelll
Lots of stuff....... I'll say most of the stuff in the "Wish list"
Its fine
As i said, more survivability and for typhoon to be fixed, a perma tree form, smaller casting times and instant roots that are unbreakable. Frost mages have roots and they arent really breakable. Something to free me from stuns or disengage me from melee combat. Having no way to escape from a charging warrior really stinks. Especially when your Typhoon doesnt work at all. Considering im probably the only Moonkin thats good in PVP that you'll see in about a million years, you should probably take my word for it.

7 Undead Priest
85 Feral Cat Druid:

PVE

Heroics, 25 Man Raids, Questing

Lack of a ranged 'hit'. For example, when kiting meteors during the Ragnaros encounter, cats need to pop out of form and moonfire to knock a meteor away. I don't think there is any ranged 'hit' that knocks them back unless it is Faerie Fire. Loss of shape-shifting out of snares/roots.

Having flight form and general instant form switching. Being a hybrid able to fulfill multiple roles.

The loss of shapeshifting out of traps/snares. Having a huge damage output discrepancy between talent trees - cat vs moonkin. Constantly being behind pures in damage despite min/maxing.

Rotation is just fine. The changes to abilities improved it greatly.

variation on forms/male-female. having some kind of form art related to gear - helmets perhaps.

Ravage, Maim, Claw
85 Troll Druid
Pve

Raids

None

As Balance, bear and cat, nothing.
As Restoration, I preferred before when we could play as tree full time, new tree of life sucks.

Variability

Nothing, I love rolling druid

My favorite one is Balance, my main spec. The new eclipse system is awesome compared to the last one, as feral dps I feel a little pressed, its kinda hard, as bear, its boring (as any other tanking "rotation") and restoration dont have "rotation".

Customizable shapeshift forms

Teleport: Moonglade; Thorns; Hurricane; FF (only as feral tank)
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic 25 / 10 Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Mainly BGs but did enjoy dabbling in RBGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? At the beginning of Cata, the amount of time I would have to spend as a caster drinking to restore mana. The jumps between levels for spell cost was pretty big. Being forced to drink every pull even with conservative mana usage when I was at level 84 in Halls of Origination.

What makes playing your class more fun? As a healer, the stability of Healing over TIme (HoT) keeping a predictable incoming damage in check. The buff to Tranquility was nice, but I felt it was too much for a raid cooldown and more of a hps inflation tool given the raw healing output for a moderate cooldown. The change to resurrection targeting was a nice quality of life change. The balancing of healer classes from WotLK to Cata was a much needed change as some healing classes did feel left out at the end of ICC.

What makes playing your class less fun? As a healer
Outside of raids - the difficulty in soloing quests without overgearing the quest. Killing Cataclysm mobs would take 30 seconds in comparison to the 3-5 seconds I would have on less geared DPS oriented alts.
In raids - healing gimmicks like Cataclysm (H Chim / H Bale) are certainly more unforgiving on healers in comparison to fights such as LoatheB (Naxx), Netherspite (Kara), Dreamwalker (ICC, which was certainly fun), Anub'arak (ToC, not so fun).
Lacking a threat reduction mechanic as a healer - fights where adds spawns can frequently cause headaches without a Misdirection or a constant relocation of a tank simply because there was a HoT rolling.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Having to change targets with a Lifebloom stack feels harsh on constant target changing fights. Example, keeping a full lifebloom stack on a tank during Ragnaros never feels efficient because of the constant swapping and the number of gcds spent changing targets. The 3 heal rotation was good in taking a step towards balancing the healing classes across, however, there are still very strong advantages of some healing classes on some fights where "bring the player not the class fails" to meet that (Disc Priests through most of Firelands over Holy Priests, Holy Paladins for H Baleroc, stigma against Resto Shamans in Firelands).
I dislike how I'm required to watch when I use my regrowth due to activating Nature's Grace and the potential healing I would lose by activating technically "a 1 min healer cd" too early into a fight.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Return of a healer form, while Tree of Life does make an excellent healing boost, distinguishing between Moonkins, Ferals, and Restoration is simply the one in caster form. (I hide my shame with a potion of illusion)

What spells do you use the least? Regrowth doesn't see as much use except in Tree of Life / Clearcasting procs because of how it can trigger Nature's Grace prematurely when it can greatly boost a healer output for 25% of the time. Healing Touch doesn't see much use except for Healer Gimmick fights due to the outright amount of Healing Per Execution Time required.

Thanks for reading.
85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
When I do PvP, I do 2v2 and random BGs.

Changing Tree of Life into a CD. On top of having to blow a CD now for the buffs and needing to use a glyph spot so that new ugly form doesn't pop up, I am now the only druid spec without a permanent shape-shift. If I wanted that then I would have rolled a priest.

The shapeshifting. I have a form for everything and it's great.

Losing Tree form in my main spec, very weak aoe heals for 25 man (minus tranq of course). Also healing in general is just so much slower then in WOTLK and I don't like the slow down. It makes healing boring, no more snap decisions.

I'm overall comfortable with it, but if the HoT associated with Regrowth was longer then maybe we might start casting that again for other reasons then a haste buff.

Perma-Tree

Longer HoT for Regrowth

Revert the Mastery changes. The new mastery is boring. At least with the original mastery, If you planned your hots well, you could blow up the meters.

I don't like getting lifegripped, especially after I pop Dash. Maybe a "you have to be in combat" to be life gripped would protect my dash.

Nourish
90 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on?
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arenas, BGs

FFF and Demo Roar being on the spell hit table and Rebirth being risky whilst tanking. Make not make it instant like the Death Knight one?

- The bear rotation is a lot more enjoyable than it was in Wrath.
- Stampeding roar is fun
- Instant cyclone
- Being able to do competent dps when not needed to tank

- Frost mages
- Feral heals feel useless
- Demo roar and FFF missing over and over

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I thoroughly enjoy both feral rotations besides the demo roar/FFF issues.

- Better self healing for feral
- Instant Rebirth for bears
- Demo roar and FFF on melee hit table or possibly a glyph that gives 17% hit for them?
- Possibly a raid wall type CD

- Claw
- Nourish
- Challenging Roar
- Mushrooms
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]