About Moonkin pvp:
Moonkins need buffs. Maybe not buffs before anyone else, but a couple things really irritate me about Balance right now and I would like my spec to have some undivided Dev attention (wouldn't we all?) In no particular order:
- Breaking root effects with Moonkin form and not other forms. I think this is the 2nd most irritating thing ever done to this spec. This change should be reverted.
- Treants get kited around and killed way too easily. They should have their daze returned and get some sort of HP buffs or health recovery. I like that they feel disposable, but they are too frail and their damage isn't all that fantastic either. If they could live for their full duration, their potential damage might mean something.
- I don't feel like I get to make use of Omen of Clarity very much because I'm often I'm stuck spamming instant cast spells. When I am free to cast I try to use Omen of Clarity on Regrowth.
- Hurricane and Thorns cost way, way, WAY too much mana. 7k mana for Thorns? 15k for Hurricane? I'm fine with expensive spells, if there was some way to interestingly play with mana management and their use (like Tranquility, it has a time and place), but with these two, there isn't. They have no use in a rotation in pvp and glyph'd Thorns used on cooldown will run you out of mana like a Bloodlusted Shadow Priest.
- Eclipse is buggy. I'm sure you know, but the latest hotfix to Eclipse made Moonfire generate Lunar Energy when progressing towards Solar Eclipse, basically Moonfire will backtrack your progress gained when it normally wouldn't.
- Survivability, longevity, group play.... Moonkin are so easy to kill with continuous damage. Any group just needs focus a Balance Druid to shut them down both offensively and defensively. Only overpowered AoE crowd control of specs like a Frost Mage really give Balance any breathing room, and even then Mages have to work much harder at peeling for a Moonkin than other specs. If the Moonkin survives the sudden burst of players, the spec takes more sustained damage than anyone else (from being unable to get meaningful peels and break combat) that the Moonkin's healer will run out of mana before his opponents.
Balance's one meaningful, accessible survivability cooldown was Frenzied Regeneration, but now that does a pitiful job- in addition to Balance's version of Bear Form not having any spell mitigation like Moonkin form. Basically I drop to Bear Form for a slight HP boost but take more spell damage in the process? That doesn't seem right. Its a terrible trade off.
- The Lunar Shower buff is too short. 3 seconds? Half of the buff duration is sucked up from the Moonfire GCD. I'm sure this is a very calculated change, but its annoying none the less.
- Balance group healing and self healing utility. Myself heals are noticeably nicer now that they crit, but for the most part, Moonkin heals aren't good group utility. Its half my tool box and because of the mana cost and strength, I'm best avoiding healing and killing something at almost all times. Is this where Blizz wants Balance to be? A Word of Glory type cooldown that occasionally gives me a very good reason to throw out meaningful heals would be nice. My moonkin tool box seems so small this expansion.
- Typhoon fails to work. Hard to explain in detail, but in short, Typhoon occasionally has no artwork, triggers a cooldown and doesn't do anything. It also sometimes just fails to be a responsive ability forcing me to repeat my actions. The timing of Typhoon's use is so crucial and bugs like the ones I've been experiencing are ruining it.
INSTANT ROOTS A case doesn't need to be made for this being designed back into Balance. Its self evident. Removing instant Roots from the Druid class and not returning it Balance is I think the worst thing Blizz has ever done to Balance. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2927096201