Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
ok im going to keep this short and simple I do battlegrounds and arenas and restoration druids blow I mean we ge recked by everyone and yes we have some heals but our regrowth does what a priest flash does but it crits 22k theres crits 44k I mean we have dots but they don't really heal enough overtime and if you regrowth they reset and if you keep trying to put dots you will go oom and then get murdered... I think tree should be changed you should always be able to be in it but get no insta cast maybe some speacial things like the lifebloom or not but we need a heal increase heals. So I think we should get a huge heal % increase in tree and no insta cast so were not OP.... that being said our aoes are pretty good but our single target isnt up to par if you had to decide druid heals on your team or holy pally you go holy pally... just way better directs and 3v3 yea you need aoes but they will stack a target so you need great direct heals and were not even up to par I crit a 30k in my good gear and thats why the insta cast buff that makes it crit better and heal for doubnle so... we need help majorly I wanna be viable in pvp and wanna break 2k not stay and float because you dont heall enough wow I made this long hahaha =D
85 Worgen Druid
About Moonkin pvp:

Moonkins need buffs. Maybe not buffs before anyone else, but a couple things really irritate me about Balance right now and I would like my spec to have some undivided Dev attention (wouldn't we all?) In no particular order:

- Breaking root effects with Moonkin form and not other forms. I think this is the 2nd most irritating thing ever done to this spec. This change should be reverted.

- Treants get kited around and killed way too easily. They should have their daze returned and get some sort of HP buffs or health recovery. I like that they feel disposable, but they are too frail and their damage isn't all that fantastic either. If they could live for their full duration, their potential damage might mean something.

- I don't feel like I get to make use of Omen of Clarity very much because I'm often I'm stuck spamming instant cast spells. When I am free to cast I try to use Omen of Clarity on Regrowth.

- Hurricane and Thorns cost way, way, WAY too much mana. 7k mana for Thorns? 15k for Hurricane? I'm fine with expensive spells, if there was some way to interestingly play with mana management and their use (like Tranquility, it has a time and place), but with these two, there isn't. They have no use in a rotation in pvp and glyph'd Thorns used on cooldown will run you out of mana like a Bloodlusted Shadow Priest.

- Eclipse is buggy. I'm sure you know, but the latest hotfix to Eclipse made Moonfire generate Lunar Energy when progressing towards Solar Eclipse, basically Moonfire will backtrack your progress gained when it normally wouldn't.

- Survivability, longevity, group play.... Moonkin are so easy to kill with continuous damage. Any group just needs focus a Balance Druid to shut them down both offensively and defensively. Only overpowered AoE crowd control of specs like a Frost Mage really give Balance any breathing room, and even then Mages have to work much harder at peeling for a Moonkin than other specs. If the Moonkin survives the sudden burst of players, the spec takes more sustained damage than anyone else (from being unable to get meaningful peels and break combat) that the Moonkin's healer will run out of mana before his opponents.

Balance's one meaningful, accessible survivability cooldown was Frenzied Regeneration, but now that does a pitiful job- in addition to Balance's version of Bear Form not having any spell mitigation like Moonkin form. Basically I drop to Bear Form for a slight HP boost but take more spell damage in the process? That doesn't seem right. Its a terrible trade off.

- The Lunar Shower buff is too short. 3 seconds? Half of the buff duration is sucked up from the Moonfire GCD. I'm sure this is a very calculated change, but its annoying none the less.

- Balance group healing and self healing utility. Myself heals are noticeably nicer now that they crit, but for the most part, Moonkin heals aren't good group utility. Its half my tool box and because of the mana cost and strength, I'm best avoiding healing and killing something at almost all times. Is this where Blizz wants Balance to be? A Word of Glory type cooldown that occasionally gives me a very good reason to throw out meaningful heals would be nice. My moonkin tool box seems so small this expansion.

- Typhoon fails to work. Hard to explain in detail, but in short, Typhoon occasionally has no artwork, triggers a cooldown and doesn't do anything. It also sometimes just fails to be a responsive ability forcing me to repeat my actions. The timing of Typhoon's use is so crucial and bugs like the ones I've been experiencing are ruining it.

INSTANT ROOTS A case doesn't need to be made for this being designed back into Balance. Its self evident. Removing instant Roots from the Druid class and not returning it Balance is I think the worst thing Blizz has ever done to Balance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2927096201
88 Troll Druid
Tree of Life needs an option to be permanent. That is all.
85 Night Elf Druid

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

mostly PvP, some light PvE when friends drag me into something.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

light raiding and random heroics.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

everything, Arenas, BGs, rated BGs, and TB as often as I can.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I have a slight annoyance with pushing myself into eclipse after each death in a BG and starting arenas, the balance 4 piece mostly fixed it, but next season the 4 piece will change I assume.

Playing balance also has turned me into a big target in BGs. People love to hit moonkin, even standing in the back or shifting into moonkin after the battle is joined, I often find myself targeted quite quickly. I think it's the sound we make.

What makes playing your class more fun?

I love the rotation and overall play style of balance, a combination of ranged attacks and shifting for stuns, interrupts, and travel form make the class a challenge to use everything I have to win.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Lack of defense makes me feel like a glass cannon most of the time. Spamming moonfire and planting mushrooms to avoid kicks is frustrating. Typhoon fails or "fake casts" often.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities
are used to maximum efficiency.)

No issues with rotation, i can keep it as simple or complicated as I wish.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Oh boy....
In balance:

A slight lift on Typhoon to help resist the "knocked back into a rock" effect. Throw them up a couple feet so I can consistently use that time for one free cast.

I'd love Owlkin Frenzy to grant immunity to interrupts, allowing me to pull off the occasional cast time spell while getting focused. The sheer number of silences and stuns would keep it in check.

A 2 min cooldown that forces me into the nearest eclipse would be wonderful, if perhaps a bit strong in arena.

In restoration

A "mouseover cast" option in the standard UI. Most high level healers use some kind of addon for this, and I think it would be nice for new players to have the "pro" feel when starting to heal.

The option to have Swiftmend eat Lifebloom if not glyphed. Being able to to bring someone up very quickly at the cost of losing everything on the target. It would help switches in arenas and BGs immensely.

Nature's Grace dropped to 2 min cooldown to put it on par with similar cooldowns.

A drop in cost or increase in the base heal of Regrowth. the HoT on the end has descended into a useless gimmick. The drawback being a big increase in Tree Form healing. Adjusting the HoT to make it stronger seems like it would just turn fights against resto into "spam dispel" or pillar humping matches, which i assume we want to move away from.

Talenting Living Seed to grant something like 3 to 5% mitigation while active would be amazing, and making it not stack with other healers mitigation would keep it in check in a PvE setting.

obvious request for perma tree form again. small tree for normal, Big Tree form for cooldown.

What spells do you use the least?

Teleport: Moonglade is a given, but Soothe is a rare cast for me. I forgot i had it for a long time.

Thank you for your time. Love the game.
-Reggie
90 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I do Heroics, raids old tier raids, just about anything.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] I Don't pvp.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I dislike having to switch in and out of moonkin form to heal, Persay when i need to pop tranquility while raiding, i have to switch back into boomkin, when I could just be in boomkin, do it, and not waste a GCD getting back into form.

What makes playing your class more fun? I enjoy the capabilities of all druids, shapeshifting, being able to do any role when needed, be it tank, mdps, rdps, or healer.

What makes playing your class less fun? When in feral cat spec, having to watch bleeds and timers to know when to use the next ability.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I am perfectly fine with my rotation. Its pretty easy to keep up, and it ramps up as i start. Having some sort of ability to let me start in a particular eclipse would be quite helpful and would let me burst more then I currently can.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Some way other then killing critters or holding a eclipse back (from not DPS'ing correctly) to be in eclipses when i need to be at starts of fights.

What spells do you use the least? Faerie Fire, we have a warrior who does a similar attack, Cyclone I never use, Force of Nature is such terrible damage that Its not even worth it most of the time, but I still cast it. Hurricane is utterly useless. Its damage is low compared to moonfiring/insect swarm/mushroom spam. Hibernate is so specifc on certain types of creatures I rarely get to cast it. There is no reason for me to be casting Natures Grasp during a encounter as of yet. If im getting hit then a tank is not doing their job. Any sort of healing spells except Tranquility which I usually end up using during a encounter that requires lots of AoE healing. Any others are not used. Remove corruption is not used. No feral abilitys except Dash and Stampeding roar are used.
What type of content do you focus on?

I focus on PVP.

If PvP, what type of PvP?

I use to do Rated BG's but am just doing casual bg's now.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Moonkin form! I'm trying to be as constructive as possible but I have a rabid unending hate for Moonkin form. When I made my first druid, the only talent tree that had shapeshifting was feral and that made feral super cool. I greatly disliked the addition of forms to Resto and especially Balance. I have NEVER liked Moonkin form nor will I ever. I do NOT want an update. I hate the lazer chicken. Why does the nature class have a form that is so unnatural?

It is also a huge problem in PVP. I have a level 85 of every class and the reality is that on every class Balance druids is a free kill. Especially for melee characters. The reality is that the poor state of balance druid pvp is bad enough. But add to that the giant target that is moonkin form. Time and time again I see entire teams ignore flag carriers, low health targets and even terribly geared characters to focus my balance druid and kill me. Moonkin for is a liability in pvp. I hate this.

Nothing would make me happier than the removal of moonkin form. If not that, then at least a toggle for the visual. If not that then how about a glyph to remove it? If a visual is mandatory I could accept some visual like the current Malfurion Stormrage, with large moose antlers and feathered arms that match my characters skin color.

I like that Balance is an incredibly unique class that has a combination of spells very different from other classes. I also like the whole idea of a "celestial" caster along with "plant" magic. Plant+celestial magic=awesome sauce.

Moonkin form. Also, the terrible state of balance druid pvp. There has been nothing but constant nerfs this expansion and with almost no give back. I am disgusted by the year after year of terribble balance druid performance in pvp. There was some with instant roots.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I hate it. I despise it because the rotation is based off a mechanic that is terrible for pvp.

1)The removal of moonkin form (or make us like Malfurion with Antlers and featherd arms).

2) Instant roots again for some survivability.

3) Some kind of mechanic that makes Swarm awesome like like Sunfire when we go into eclipse state. Only one eclipse state is desirable in pvp. I should be happy to be in any eclipse state.

4) Terrible self healing and HoT's are more a danger than a help in pvp.

Faery fire.
I have been playing this game since the very end of Vanilla WoW to the point where i didn't hit 60 until TBC had been released. I have over 400 days played on my 80s and 85s and my favorite class/spec by far is a Resto Druid. I am currently in a 2/7 h 25 man, 3/7 h 10 man guild, and i have earned a 2300 RBG rating this season.
First of all, I have played all 3 specs in Cataclysm raids, and have a very good understanding of all of them (only tanked as feral).

Feral Tank-
There has been some improvement in Cataclysm regarding how threat rotations and mechanics and I think there needs to be something more. Right now, tanking is get your debuffs up and then lacerate x3 and pulverize, but that gets just as boring as watching 2 timers refresh and then hitting them. I do like the Mangle procs, and i think putting in either new abilities or other proc-related skills would make tanking a lot more entertaining.
The second problem i have with tanking is AOE threat. Swipe Thrash Swipe is okay, but will not in any means hold threat off another tank (aka no rage intake) or to the point where dps can strip you off all the mobs within seconds. I think either making Feral Charge - Bear more like Heroic Leap, adding a high-threat modifier on, or adding the use of extra abilities would help out.
Thorns should be the same buff as Ret Aura! It is a royal pain having to refresh it for pulls, so I just stopped using it.

Boomkin -
I really only started playing boomkin this expansion so my knowledge of the past is limited, but the dps rotation is dull. Going back and forth between eclipses with the occasional Starsurge Proc makes me feel like i can play with my eyes closed just by macroing starsurge to all my abilities and midlessly counting the casts.
In raids, we have 0 usefull CC. Almost every mob that you might think to root still aggros the healers first because threat builds up still, and usually has some sor tof ranged ability or spell to cast. I almost never cyclone in raids and should be treated more like a warlock's banish. I almost never Soothe, and most people usually forget a durid can remove enrages... I no longer use Faerie Fire unless in PvE. Hurricane is worthless as well, I can do more dps with wild mushroom and tab doting than I can get in a Hurricane Cast and it costs 16k mana! why would i want to cast that? Thorns is pretty much useless as well.

PvE Resto-
I like how Druids played back at 80 where you had a clearly visible role in raids (obviously back then it was to be a raid healer). Now, it feels like druid healing is lacking the oomph it once had. I feel like all of our heals fit into one of two categories: Dont do enough healing, or cost way too much mana.
I think one of the big killers for me was the removal of tree form and putting in the cooldown equivalent. Healer cooldowns are not usually used for sustained peroids for healing and are more used for the "Oh crap! Big damage incoming!" moments.
Druids also need some sort of dps-like ability that helps out their healing like all of the other healing classes. Having a no mana cost wrath is nice, but my time is WAY more useful casting heals. On top of that, we received no new healing abilites and had all of our ways to heal got nerfed.
Druids are also the only healer that have no cooldown meant for someone else. Treeform really doesn't do more single target healing or make a target take less damage in anyway, Tranquility is good for wide damage, but cannot help a single target burst, and Nature's Swiftness is just a one time heal where if it fails to help becomes rendered useless.

PvP Resto - Once again, druids go through an expansion starting out strong and get weaker and weaker. Our utility for arenas is very limited.
Edited by Doctour on 9/12/2011 7:40 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid

• What type of content do you focus on? PvP

• If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena and Random BGs. Unfortunately World PvP is dead on my realm.

• What makes playing your class more fun? For Resto specifically: The high skill cap/floor. I feel as though I am playing a completely different game from everyone else, especially other PvP healers. Although this is partially due to many of the reasons the class is less fun. The novelty does lose its appeal after a while.

• What makes playing your class less fun? Again for Resto specifically:

Poor team synergy, which is caused by numerous things. One of them is shared DR on things like Entangling Roots and Nature's Grasp. It is problematic on its own and further increased by having certain specs like an Elemental Shaman on your team. The others mostly deal with Resto Druids having poor self-reliance. This results in having to rely on the current outliers of the game. Specifically specs that have powerful target and off-target control in addition to the ability to put out significant pressure individually through disruption.

No longer having the most raw mobility in addition to no longer having the most *effective* mobile healing (as HoTs alone are not enough and Regrowth is extremely weak for a cast time heal). This is compounded with having the worst raw mitigation and defensive cooldowns. To further complicate things you must willingly jeopardize your positioning in order to attempt a cast of Cyclone.

Resto Druids are extremely starved on free GCDs, significantly reducing their dispel ability.

Tree of Life form is just as much of a liability to a Resto Druid as it is an asset. Activating ToL form is just as likely to lose you a match as it is to win you a match. You are unable to use Travel Form, making yourself a prime focus target and reducing your mobility. Resto Druids are extremely starved on free GCDs, further reducing your mobility by limiting your dispel potential. This often negates any mana efficiency or throughput you might have gained by using ToL.

In summary. Playing a Resto Druid feels like playing a completely different game from everyone else, especially other PvP healers. The severe reliance on the game's current outlier specs for combined control (both off-target and target) and pressure to keep the spec competitively viable makes the spec feel inadequate.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? My only grievance is that I must often times waste a GCD on an extra Rejuv cast due to Harmony not updating the spell value on the Rejuv I used to Swiftmend a target. Rejuv->SM->Rejuv on a fresh target could use a change. Resto Druids are starved enough as it is with GCDs due to Lifebloom. Don't misunderstand. I'm not asking for all my currently rolling HoTs to get updated whenever Harmony goes up. Just the initial Rejuv used for SM.

• What’s on your wish list for your class? This isn't a 'package' list. In other words I'm not looking for all of these changes to be made, just potential changes I'd like to see in some amount/combination. These are also Resto specific changes, so many of them would not be baseline (baked into deep Resto talents or part of Resto's innates). However, Balance could use some of these changes as well, so it would really be a matter of keeping them away from Feral.

• Barkskin mitigation increased.

• Entangling Roots and Nature's Grasp put on separate DRs. These DRs should also be separate from short duration CD based roots (Elemental Shaman). I say CD based to imply that a Frost DK's CoI root would still share DR with Entangling Roots.

• Cyclone cast range increased (for Resto and balance). Additionally the glove bonus changed to pushback protection on Cyclone.

• Better 4pc PvP set bonus. Such as the ability to Lifebloom a second target OR applying more than one stack of Lifebloom per cast.

• A CD based way to manually bloom your own Lifebloom stacks.

90 Tauren Druid
I basically only do feral bear and resto, so that's where my views will come from.

What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
raids, heroics, and questing

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
a lot of the raid utility I bring is very difficult to use while tanking (rebirth, innervate, soothe, anything that requires caster form)
my fuzzy bear form looks the same at level 10 as it does at level 85 (perhaps some sort of gradual additions to the look sort of how the pvp sets evolve in look over an expansion)
when i'm healing occasionally events will conspire to have multiple party/raid members low on health facing imminent demise (wild growth and tranquility are perfect most of the times but occasionally an aoe direct heal is called for)

I love the versatility; I can tank or heal and to a lesser extent dps (I don't have a dps set) as required to get things done.
I especially like the controlled feel of resto using HoTs too keep everyone's health steadily climbing just a tad faster than the enemy can deplete it.

not being able to perform all three roles simultaneously! (just kidding)
The only real nuisance is having to carry so much gear around (not much you can do to fix this without some really bizarre homogenization of feral gear).

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I like the feel of both bear and resto they work quite smoothly. One nitpick however, mangle is probably a bit too huge for bear; if I miss at the onset of a pull, the dps can pull off me before mangle comes off CD requiring me to taunt or use some other method to control the target.

More Tauren inspired stuff (I know the elves have been doing the whole hippie thing longer but come on Hamuul is cool too).
A direct heal aoe for resto for those times when there just isn't enough time for wild growth to do its thing and tranquility is on CD (maybe with a moderate CD or some other mechanic to limit its use just something to give breathing room for wild growth to tick).

I actually use basically the whole toolbox designed for bear and resto.
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Mine is probably having to get out of form to unlock cages. GOGO CAT THUMBS! Another issue that sometimes bothers me is the pathing for cat charge and sometimes cat skullbash (example: the Into the Fire miniboss).

Being a cat and the rotation is pretty fun.

Switching targets feels kind of punitive to me. I feel a lot less useful when I have to go from an add to a boss then back to an add; I don't have enough energy to get rip back up on the boss. That's just my opinion, though.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like it, I find it engaging without it taking up more of my focus than I'm comfortable with.

Armor in forms. I also think that it would be cool to add patterns (stripes, spots) to form customization, but I realize that is probably not going to happen. Oh, and it would be really nice to see moonkin get their forms updated.

EDIT: Also wish I could at least hide the nose ring on my tauren cat. I just hate the nose ring so much--how can my character even breathe around it?

I just HATE Soothe. Luckily there's usually somebody else that can do it, which helps keep it down at the bottom of my spell usage.
Edited by Vouivre on 9/12/2011 7:16 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid
Balance Druid, Skeleton Crew - Hyjal

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Heroic 25m

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: Rated BGs

The main concern I have is the transition between no eclipse and lunar eclipse. Because Lunar Eclipse procs once the damage is done, I can (and do) cast up to three Wraths before the one that procs Lunar finally hits. Wrath travel time is a major issue, when Starfire has zero travel time.

A secondary concern is high movement encounters. Example: Pre-nerf Atramedes (when you actually HAD to avoid the spinning discs of doom). If we have to move a long time while in Lunar Eclipse (after we cast IS/MF to get up NG), NG falls and we are stuck casting 2+sec uneclipsed Starfires to attempt to get back into Solar. An ability to instantly get into the next available eclipse (even on a long cooldown, 5 minutes) would be a Godsend.

Lack of Lunar "ondemand" AoE. Having to cast hurricane or mushrooms while not in solar eclipse is more or less useless. The damage output versus the mana or GCD cost shows that I'd have better results continuing my single-target rotation until I get into solar eclipse. Changing Hurricane to deal spellstorm damage would be a very helpful change.

Transforming into a bird without having to wait for a cast time! But actually, I really enjoy the lore around druids, and how the Earthmother truly is all around us.

Having to play a spec that isn't Balance in order to be viable in PvP. Compared to other classes Moonkins do not have the same amount of PvP survivability. Additionally, we don't have an "OSHI-" button like Disperse or Ice Block that allows us to stay in our form, thereby keeping our increased armor capability and not creating a really easy situation of "Oh the boomkin's healing kill him now."

With the introduction of Starsurge I find the rotation to be a lot more fun. The downside is the Wrath travel time issue I brought up above.

Different Color Moonkins! They can do it with Ferals, why not with Moonkins?

Cower (I'm never in melee to use it).
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids, heroics, farming, making fun of people in /2
If PvP, what type of PvP? [none]

Stop changing the damn class every single patch. It's annoying. Let me gear, run my druid and play my druid. I want it to feel the same today as it did years ago and years from now. STOP CHANGING THE DAMN CLASS. theres no point in it.

A lot of content

The same boring content, oh and having to relearn my toon every...damn....patch. seriously, stop changing it.

Healers have a rotation? Tanking=facerolling

Nothing. Leave it the hell alone. Stop screwing with it ever... single...patch.... it's annoying.

Leave it alone.
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Mostly Raids, some Heroics, and questing/dailies (because I'm an achievement, uh, hunter, since the standard euphemism here is frowned upon by the forum word censor thingy).

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? As Feral, I don't see many quality of life issues. The major thing I can think of is to let us apply instant-cast stuff (not everything, just OoC'd CC, Soothe, Innervate) without breaking form, at least Innervate & Soothe. Possibly some cosmetic changes to cat/bear forms (Minor Glyphs for spots, stripes, etc.; a "Druid Armorer" to add little cosmetic bits here and there; nothing major, like turning druid forms from relatively unencumbered-looking into "swift mount/crazy armor/etc." form). From there, it could go to the other "highly static" druid forms (flight, swim, travel, which are either the exact same among all druids or the exact same among that race) or also to Moonkin, and possibly Tree forms (though I don't tend to see Tree Form often since I don't really raid with Resto druids so I have no clue if that's like Travel/Swim form and a the same among all druids or what, though I think there's a glyph out there that changes that).

What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to take on multiple roles with the same base equipment on the fly. Sure,m for Bear, you're going to want to spec/gem/enchant/glyph differently than Cat, but if it's a "tank down!" situation, go bear to try and hold stuff and maybe you can pull the group back from a wipe. Alternately, if you're the offtank on a raid encounter that doesn't require both tanks to be tanking simultaneously, go cat and hack up some behind for a little bit.

What makes playing your class less fun? After playing a Rogue, there seems like there could be another "buff" Combo-point ability to use our points on other than Savage Roar. Another thing could be to differentiate Skull Bash to two abilities (moreso than now) to allow the Bear one to be a more ranged one (so not a second, shorter-range Feral Charge), like a stomp that sends a shock through the ground to the target to be a longer-range effect.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I haven't played much with my Bear rotation, but it seems pretty damned solid. Same for my cat, still a good amount of "John F'ing Madden" and a little tough on multi-target or movement-based fights, but enjoyable. Talented Feral Charge makes movement fights a little easier.

What’s on your wish list for your class? See "Quality of life", above.

What spells do you use the least? Of Feral? There's only two I don't use, Claw (since it gets replaced with Mangle) and Pounce (since I don't PVP, and I'd rather Feral Charge/Ravage or Ravage from stealth). Actually, the only things I find myself not casting at all in current content are Balance's damage spells (except in odd situations, like waiting for Nefarian to drop down for the final phase of his fight, where I have no ranged spells to use), Thorns & Nature's Grasp (though I can see uses for Thorns & Nature's Grasp). Looking over the non-talented spells from Resto & Balance while some of them are more niche situations or an "oh crap" one (Tranquility, Rebirth, Remove Corruption, Soothe, CCs), one used by (hopefully) every druid out there (Barkskin), our buff, and solo content heals. Hell, I still use Teleport: Moonglade relatively frequently.
Edited by Alarys on 9/12/2011 7:09 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid

Both. Lately more PvP

Raids. I stopped doing heroics with Cataclysm. I used to do TONS of heroics in Wrath but I never enjoyed them in Cata. Mainly, there was too much pressure on the tanks to have every fight memorized and mark things, etc. In Wrath, I could just run heroics without feeling sweaty/stinky at the end. I liked that. Raids in Cata were fun though.

Mostly Rated BGs but also arena. Also, a metric-ton of dueling.

Whenever, I change form in a PvP situation (which druids do ALL the time and is very iconic), if there is any kind of CC going on, I end up in Tauren form, when what I was trying to do was change from cat to bear. Then I spend 10 seconds CC'ed in tauren form. This is particularly bad if you are carrying a flag or being focused in arena and wanted to go bear. For some reason, the game makes you change to Tauren and THEN to bear. It isn't usually noticed but if you are getting lots off CC on you, you will notice it a lot. This makes it hard to enjoy shapeshifting in PvP situations.

Rage cost of Bear Charge. Makes me not want to start of by charging like prot warriors can.

Lack of Ranged silence in Bear.

In pvp: Cyclone after finishing moves. Keeps you shapeshifting and feeling like more than just an animal. Just good enough to use but not OP. Feral charge, both bear and cat. Bash. So many others as well.

Lack of customization while in forms. No gear can be seen and you look just like every other feral druid out there.

Slow stealth speed and long CD on stealth. Especially when you have experienced what to rogues have.

Lag after a charge so you can't actually hit them with your stun because they were moving. Rogues got range on their sap, but pounce range is still too small. We can't hit moving targets.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I like it. I like the feral cat and bear rotations. Good job there.

Some kind of gear in feral bear and cat forms. Doesn't have to be much, just a version of shoulders and/or helm. (see The Golden Compass)

Parity stealth speed with rogues. Cats are at least as fast as orcs who are trying to be stealthy. Parity CD on stealth as well. Then we could actually try to disengage and stealth sometimes rather than only use stealth once per fight.

Thorns. This was never fun and doesn't work for feral at all since we have to come out of form and use 2 GCDs to use.

Demoralizing Roar. I always forget to use it and it is most definitely not fun. Its just a stale button you press every 30 seconds or so. No thinking. No play associated with it. Just a button you need to press ever 30 seconds.

Cower. It could be so much more.

Track humanoids

Thats it!
Edited by Saviodrood on 9/12/2011 7:16 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

I'm mostly a PvEr with PvP experience.

I'm making a return to raiding.

I'm trying to work my way into arena with the pally, unfortunately I'm battleground bound.

Whenever cosmetic effects come out druids have always been left in the dust, it's been aggravating me since vanilla.

Cat's mobility and bleed damage.

Cat's missing mobility and bleed damage.
Rotation is fine at the moment.

some ways for cosmetic items to affect shapeshifts a bit more.

Thorns.

As a note the biggest reason for me to play my cat rather than my rogue was the amazing mobility and bleed damage. It was part of the aesthetic. The nerfs took away, for me, the most fun points of the specc.
90 Tauren Druid
GLM
PVE

Heroics, Raid, Questing

That tree form is now a healing CD. I can see my armors again since vanilla wow :P

Seeing my hots ticking around the raid

Having to restack lifeblooms when switching tanks.
Living seed is a still a lackbluster
Nature Bounty's 2nd effect. I cant find much use out of it due to its short duration and it only effects nourish.

Having to restack lifebloom

More cosmetic models for moonkin and flight form

Hurricane, sooth
85 Tauren Druid

Mainly Pvp, some Pve here and there

Reg/H instances for rep/mounts

Bg's, arena, and R Bg's if I'm lucking to find any

I find the energy regen a bit low for cats... Depending on what moves you use you can run out of energy a little to fast. Other than that... The only other problem would be Frost mages and Holy paladins. Still love them tho =P

Being able to hold out in bear form against 3+ ally till back up arrives. Attempting to keep casters down with our stuns and skull bash. The dmg output for cat form and bear form.
Other than that? Being able to out run ally when carrying the flag lol.

Being CCed by frost mages and Fear spams from locks is about it...

I have nothing bad to say... It's good as is.

More skins, scorpion form in place of bear, flame cat would be nice, Permanent tree for healers, a flame phoenix for our flight form and something for the feathery chickens (With options to either use the alternate skins or to use the current skins) =3

Something done with shred, maybe used face to face with your target with some dmg reduced.

Being able to use are cheetah form indoors.

Something to improve our energy loss (A small reduction in the energy used to use moves or a little faster energy regen)

Something interesting would be being able to shift into our mounts and carrying other people... I mean druids are master shape shifter so why not? XD

Last, I would love to see battle amour, like tail plating, light leg/paw plating and some kind of light head helm of sort... Not to count as amour but for looks with a few customizable options. (For bear and cat form)

Soothe, Nourish, cower, claw, most spells under the balance section (I use barkskin, hibernate, nature's grasp and thorns).
90 Night Elf Druid

-I really wish that we can see more of our Balance caster Druid and less of the Moonkin form. Possibly make the Moonkin graphic a cooldown? Like the resto tree? I love the looks of my Night Elf: Light purple tinted skin, cool dark purple flowing locks, purple beard, he just looks like hes radiating some balance energy. The armor sets for Druids look awesome too but, to no avail, because you can't see them on during action. I RP Balance and only balance. But, every single raid, heroic, quest, solo, enemy kill, ANYTHING...im always ALWAYS in that naked Moonkin form. :(
90 Worgen Druid
Both -- but mainly PvE

Normal Mode Raiding (progressing into heroics soon), 5 mans

Arena, Rated BGs

The lack of customization for Moonkin form. I really loved the addition of the Worgen/Troll cat and bear forms for Cata ... why can't Boomkins be able to choose their colours as well? Light grey is so ugly and i'd rather be a neat looking colour ( blue, green, pink ) when I am in my form.

Lack of additional specs for hybrid classes. I have a spec for Balance pve, balance pvp, feral pvp, feral dps, feral tanking. I always have to change glyphs and the dust costs a lot of gold. Its a waste of my gold to swap specs all the time. There should be at least a 3rd spec option for hybrid classes.

The ability to shapeshift and fulfill a dps and tanking role.

Boomkin form is my favorite druid form. I love how goofy it looks, I love the noises it makes. I honestly think its really cute and I love being a big fat casting chicken.

Not being able to shapeshift out of CC anymore. As balance pvp, its frustrating getting completely locked up and blown up like a piece of paper. Even with 4k+ resil, I am so vulnerable. I feel like my resil doesn't even matter.

I love it. Its easy and quick to learn. I have perfected my rotation. The only thing i'd really love is to be able to get into an eclipse faster. My dps really severely fluctuates during boss fights. Its not fair when my fellow raiders can keep a steady amount of dps and I drop as low as 15k dps and burst as high at 35k+ dps.

Colour customization of boomkin form.

Updated boomkin form ( keep it looking the same! ), just clean it up and make it look visually more appealing, as well as make the worgen and troll forms match what they are. Night Elf ears look very stupid on a worgen and troll boomkin.

Ability to see more than just weapons while in form. I'd love for boomkins to be able to wear shoulders or a cloak. Hell, i'd be interested to see how a boomkin looks in full gear. But, if that was implemented, you'd also need to add in an option to show/hide each piece individually to please everyone.

Soothe and Hurricane
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids (Heroic level)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Making tree form a temporary cooldown instead of a permanent form. All other druid specs have a form that is permanent for their spec whereas resto does not anymore which does not make much sense since we are druids.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The abilities that can be used no matter what spec you are such as Entangling Roots, Growl, Soothe, and Bash. For boss fights that have adds that can be affected by roots or bash, these abilities are great to have even as a healer.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Keeping Harmony up on my character, so I receive the mastery bonus, when it requires healing spells with a cast time to activate or refresh it.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Well in the past the only rotation that resto druids really have was getting lifebloom to three stacks on a tank they are healing and heal others as needed. Now with Harmony, you must use Regrowth, Healing Touch, or Nourish to activate the buff and continue to cast one of those spells every 7 to 8 seconds to maintain the buff.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
There are two things on my wish list for a Resto Druid which are change the way Harmony is activated and/or maintained and provide a raid cooldown that provides a damage reduction ability.

For the Harmony wish, a couple problems are the cast time on the cast spells. Nourish and Healing Touch both have about a two second cast time so less than every 8 seconds you would need to cast one of these spells to maintain the buff. Nourish can have a reduced cast time when spec'd into Nature's Bounty and Rejuvenation on three or more targets. When druids are known for HoT, this is goes against what we do best. Regrowth can be used but a problem with this is that it is tied to Nature's Grace so if you use it there is a good chance you are not using the haste buff provided by Nature's Grace when it is best to use it. Some ways to fix this could be to change the way Harmony is activated, increase the buff time on Harmony, and/or remove Regrowth as a spell that can activate Nature's Grace.

■What spells do you use the least?
Currently Regrowth because of the Nature's Grace issue.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]