Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE mostly with a little bit of PvP sprinkled in here and there.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly Raids, Heroics tend to get really boring a couple of weeks after release. Looking forward to the new 5 mans.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Usually BGs and 2v2.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Quite honestly, my biggest quality of life issue with druids right now is the pathetic excuse for an innervate that feral has. I miss the days when a feral druid could actually be of use to a healer. I'm a feral tank, main tank for my raid group actually, and when a healer is in need of an innervate and I can only give them 4k mana (of which they spend more than 4k healing me up after popping out of bear form) it makes it an ability that leaves much to be desired. If possible, at least make it to where a feral druid restores 40% of the targets mana but only 2% of your own if cast upon yourself. Leave balance and resto druids innervate the way it is because it makes sense that those specs would have a better innervate. Druids don't have much utility to keep them a class that is wanted, we no longer hold the key to battle res as warlocks can soulstone a dead target and DK's have a battle res now as well. The only thing that makes our preferable is the glyph to restore our target to 100% health. I love my druid, the ability to perform any role is amazing, and to be completely honest there's not much I can think of to complain about as far as quality of life goes, Innervate would be my number 1 though.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Again, the ability to perform any role and perform it well makes the druid class very appealing to me.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Nothing really.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Feral tanking rotation is fine, it's a fun rotation, feral dps rotation is too easy. I miss LK feral dps where you actually had to know what you're doing. I understand that Blizzard dumbed the rotation down to make it more forgiving but that's what I personally loved about feral dps. The complexity, I played a fury warrior for most of WoTLK and found it to be insanely boring. Spam heroic strike until you develop carpal tunnel, Bloodthirst - WW, Slam when procs. Mindless dps, you could very literally fall asleep at the keyboard and dps as fury back then. When I switched my main to this druid I instantly fell in love with the complexity of being a feral dps. So much to watch, so much to learn, now it just feels like another spec that requires little attention to play. I would like to see it revert back to the way it was in WoTLK.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I would have to say, that really the only thing on my wish list for druids is more customization to our forms. Other classes aren't constantly in a form, so transmogrification is cool for them because they get to edit their gear and be unique. However, unless we play resto we're always in bear, cat, or moonkin form. Leaves us looking like every other druid. Aside from changing our fur color we all look alike. A gender specific form for bear, cat, and moonkin would be a great start. The ability to change our hair color and our fur color separately would be another great addition. Perhaps most customization in the future but I think just those two options would be a great start.

What spells do you use the least?
Teleport:Moonglade
Innervate
Edited by Purfect on 9/12/2011 7:53 PM PDT
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

Mostly heroics with some pugged raids.

n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Look. Druids barely see their armor. I get that. I get that's why you also changed up resto so that druids would be in humanoid form more often. And let me preface this by saying I am extremely grateful you guys are implementing transmogging in 4.3 and I intend to use it on every character- but my druid is going to benefit the least from it. Rather than asking to, like, display armor on my moonkin form or something, what I suggest is that yo give us a few more visual customization options for our shapeshift forms. Giving us higher poly/higher res textures in Wrath was a great step in the right direction. I remember back in Wrath's beta a glyph was datamined that could change a druid's bear form into a polar bear. Could we have some things like that, please? Give us some minor glyphs that give our shapeshift forms a bit of customization? I mean, if anything else, PLEASE give us an updated travel form.

I like the concept of being able to switch forms on the fly. In practice, I don't do much with that, though, but I understand it's hard to design an encounter in which a ranged nuker could/should change to melee DPS, especially with itemization as it stands now.

Moonkin spell rotation is kind of... mind numbingly boring. I thing that the druid class should be about spontaneity, not pounding the same buttons until a ball lights up. Give us more active abilities and de-emphasize eclipse.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Effective but extremely boring. Wrath-wrath-wrath-wrath-starfire-starburst-starfire-starfire. Yawn. I'm not complaining about the DPS per se but I've found myself falling asleep during some encounters.

More visual customization, higher poly/rez models for neglected forms like travel, aquatic and moonkin.

All my feral abilities. I haven't even assigned them to my bars since like TBC.
Edited by Omacron on 9/12/2011 7:32 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Die-hard Feral, Cat and Bear

Both, Mostly PVE

10m Raid

Not as much since 4.06, but some BGs and Rated BGs now and then.

Cat: The difficulty cats have with target-switch fights and the inability to transfer combo points. If a target dies or I have to switch targets immediately, all I can do is refresh Savage Roar. Better than wasting the CP, but doesn't help in the ramp up on the new target.

Bear: Rage starvation. The interaction between vengeance and our mastery and how it artificially caps Savage Defense. The lack of utility in bear form while tanking as opposed to other tanks. Battle rez and innervate don't nearly compare with raidwall and raid last stand, or even the DK battle rez, which doesn't require form or stance switching, or have a cast time or require a reagent.

Both: The range on Stampeding Roar. Except on "gather and spread" fights like Staghelm, most times where it would be really useful, most of the raid is out of range. Even the Melee if the boss' hit box is large enough. The reliance on Fury Swipes for both specs. It's neither a fun or interesting ability, but it's still necessary, even though it doesn't proc things like SD and the damage can be unreliable when most needed.

PVP: Even with the addition of a root break to Dash and Stampeding with Feral Swiftness, the feral spec now probably has the fewest CC breaks and/or other recourse while CCed of any spec. If the shift/root-break mechanic was broken for feral, it was broken for other druid specs as well. The addition of the removal of the fear break from Berserk was heavy-handed.

The sheer versatility of things we can do, in combat or even outside of it. The sheer awesomeness of being a big cat or bear or bird.

The inability to do simple things in forms, even if they don't affect game balance. Professions, use of cosmetic/novelty items, and even some PVE fight mechanics(the rope swing in Deadmines and the Rocket Pack in ICC come to mind). The inability to use certain spells in forms, even though those are counted when class and spec balance is supposedly tabulated(especially bear tanking).

Cat: I miss some of the complexity the rotation lost with the launch of Cata. I'm also concerned with Tiger's Fury and the necessity of having to try and line up the use of it when refreshing rake/rip. It seems that a longer duration on the buff with a lower damage percentage would be better for sustained damage, but not as good for burst(which leads to some of the PVP complaints about feral). Something like a 9-15 second duration with a 6-10% damage boost seems more reasonable.

Bear: I'm mostly fine with it, but I'd like one or two more buttons to press. I'd also like maul to be a little more interesting/useful. Right now it's either "don't use" at low rage or "macro into EVERYTHING!" at high rage.

Larger range for Stampeding Roar.
Reworking/replacing Fury Swipes.
The ability to use minor(but necessary) spells like Soothe in form.
Root breaking with shifting back(long shot, I know), or at least a second look at the whole issue.
Some reason to want to ever use Mushrooms, or a different 85 druid ability.
More roar-type abilities, something like the variety that Warriors have, but with mechanics unique to feral
The ability to have a longer wishlist without breaking the 5000 character limit.

Mushrooms. Any healing spell beside Tranquility thanks to bandages. Soothe. Innervate.
In the Feral spellbook? Probably Challenging Roar or Cower.
90 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Normal Raids, I raid as Resto unless we are desperate for a tank.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Lacking a targetable damage reduction cooldown -- there are a number of times I'd like to have something like Pain Suppression of Hand of Protection and there isn't really anything equivalent. Nature's swiftness isn't that compelling, maybe it could be replaced...

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I really like the flexibility of being able to play all 4 roles. I also like the hot-weaving aspect of the Resto druid play quite a bit.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

The lack of the damage reduction cooldown is probably at the top of my list -- blasting direct heals is not in any way the same.

Not being able to see gear in cat/bear/boomkin form is a big of a drag too -- I'd love to see armored cat/bear models that show the actual armor on the model.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Tank healing and tanking "rotations" both feel pretty good, actually. Raid healing gets a bit funny with the hot requirement for nourish, but it works well enough once you're in the swing of it.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Targetable damage reduction cooldown for resto (and *not* targetable barkskin). Armor showing on forms.

# What spells do you use the least?

Thorns, Teleport: Moonglade, Wild Mushrooms
86 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE, I may just dabble in PvP someday, once max-level and appropriately geared.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Quests, various solo projects and achievement attempts. Normal randoms are all I have done and all I will continue to do.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
BGs, including Tol Barad!

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Really dislike the new thorns when tanking. I like using it when I'm healing because I feel it helps (even if it can be a tad expensive at low levels, which is a shame because that's when new and learning tanks are more likely to need it!). Do wish I could use it without popping out of bear, but it's not a necessary buff, just kinda something that's a shame not to use.

Also hate not having permanent treant form, but I think you've heard enough of that xD

Turning into a bear! A really cool, well-designed bear! Awesome animations and sounds and I just like the big bear butt :3 I enjoy being a rage tank, I love the short cooldowns on Swipe and Thrash, the way lacerate snags threat and the sound of mangle messing up my enemies. I love that FFF can grab aggro at range.

Charge costing rage is a bit lame. I honestly try to never use it, which is weird as I charge all over the place when on my warrior. I mean, it costs rage, doesn't interrupt spellcasting, bah. I don't like that we don't have a ranged silence. Why not let us talent into FFF being a silencing tool, making the cooldown a bit longer as consequence so that it's on par with other tank's ranged silences?

This might be a cheesey answer, but I don't like having only being able to have two specs when I really adore the class all over. I want to turn into a cuddly awesome laser boomkin in addition to enjoying my favourite tank and having fun healing. Choices are hard!

Maybe I'm alone here, but it feels like leveling a new druid is really all wrong. Seems that resto is extremely mana inefficient before Lifebloom and bears are squishy as heck for a very long time, not to mention I feel threat is (was? I haven't tanked at low levels since the threat change) really dicey without lacerate. I guess it just seems like there is more focus on balance and feral kitty abilities at low levels, which is bizarre as so many people want to and are trying to tank and heal while leveling!

How do you feel about your "rotation"?
Love the bear rotation. There's enough to do to keep me interested without it being really overwhelming. It feels as though I can pick nearly any set of ability priorities and still be successful.

I haven't played restoration at end-game yet, but while leveling I enjoy tossing HoTs around and having to be careful watching everyone's health. Sometimes I can take a nap and let the HoTs do their work, and sometimes I have to be really careful because HoTs won't cover everything and I need to be prepared to cast a Nourish or Healing Touch. It's fun, never knowing which sort of group I'll get! A nice balance of reasonable but not overpowered.

What's on your wish list for your class?
Wish there was a cool staff for restoration that will turn you into a treant again ._. Okay, enough of that. Wishing for that feral ranged silence and rage-generating charge! Oh, really wish more races could be druids, too!

I never use Balance spells, poor things.
90 Night Elf Druid

• PvE

• 25-man Heroic Raids, Feral Cat

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• Shred's position requirement. I don't think the requirement should be removed, but extra care needs to be taken on boss encounters to make sure it isn't too difficult to get behind the boss (Ragnaros). Or perhaps make Shred hit for less when used from the front, so we can still use it to extend Rip's druation.

• Faerie Fire's cooldown. It's not very important, but having the cooldown shortened by 2 or 3 seconds would help when there are a few adds that need the debuff.

• Tiger's Fury's duration. Again, it's not overly important, but having the duration of the Tiger's Fury buff extended by 2 or 3 seconds would greatly help in making sure Rake and Rip are refreshed within the buff's limited window.

• I really enjoy not being in a humanoid form when I raid. It's just fun for me to get to attack with claws, rather than weapons like other melee.

• Having the option to tank, dps, or heal as a druid is also nice.

• There are many subtleties in the feral cat rotation that I enjoy keeping track of and maximizing.

• I feel that feral cats are penalized in certain areas because of our potential to fill a wide array of roles. Except for our bleed debuff and our long duration armor debuff, typically anything a skilled feral cat can do, a rogue or another class can do better, whether it be interrupts, crowd control, mitigating aoe damage, or simple, single-target DPS. Just because a feral cat has the opportunity to change to a tank, healer, or ranged dps, that doesn't mean a feral cat's abilities should be lowered since, like all other classes, we cannot fulfill two different roles at the same time.

• With the unveiling of transmogrification, I find myself not particularly interested in the new system because I cannot change how I look in combat. I am thankful that I can change my hair color to change my feral cat color, but that is the extent of my customization of my character. Rather than just hanging armor off of cats, I'd like to see some sort way to customize my cat appearance. Perhaps something based off of iLvl to distinguish lower level feral cats with max level, raiding geared cats would fit well.

• Shifting forms is unforgiving for feral cats. Whenever I have to shift forms for a battle-rez or an emergency tranquility, any dots I have running are extremely penalized as my attack power drastically drops. This seems counter-intuitive to the having druids shapeshift more often philosophy.

(Continued below...)
90 Night Elf Druid
(Continued from above...)

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• I really enjoy the complexity of the feral cat rotation. I have several high-level characters and I believe the cat rotation is the most difficult to learn and understand. Having to keep Savage Roar up, several debuffs up, and pooling energy for when it's needed is difficult, but very fun and personally satisfying when done correctly.

• Depending on the fight, I find myself energy-starved a fair amount. Swipe takes a large amount of energy and if there's any burst-aoe part of a fight, I find myself having debuffs fall off the boss because I cannot generate enough combo points quickly enough to refresh them.

• Combo point generation in general can be difficult, but especially when I need to switch targets.

• Ability to further customize my cat form's appearance. It would be great if I could somehow change how my cat looks, beyond just changing the color from a handful of pre-designed shades. Rather than trying to figure out how to put armor on a cat, I think customizing our base appearance is a more logical step. One idea is allowing us to choose designs we can have colored into our fur, where the designs are, scaling of the designs, etc. Increasing the amount of colors allowed would also be helpful. Adding the option of having different designs of collars, earrings, bracelets (on any of the four legs), or tail-rings would also add to our ability to customize our characters. Another, more elaborate, idea is to allow us to change the form completely. Perhaps include a boar form, spider form, lion form, etc., to replace the typical cat form for dps. These forms could be bought, learned, trained, obtained from a quest chain, etc. Basically implement so many different forms, colors, and designs that druids could literally have thousands of possibilities when changing their appearance without the need to program in thousands of cat & hair colors or trying to put armor on a cat. Finally with this idea, maybe have certain forms/designs/colors/etc. limited by a player's level or iLvl of their gear. This way, well-geared max level characters are distinguishable from low-level characters.

• Ability to generate or move combo points more easily. In my opinion, ferals suffer most of any class in the game when having to switch targets because of their long ramp-up time (applying several debuffs to the new target) and their inability to transfer combo points from an old target. Allowing us to use combo points from dead targets for Savage Roar was nice, but not very helpful when the player already has a significant amount of time left on the buff. If combo points used from dead targets simply added that amount of time to Savage Roar, rather than capping it to the time specified in the tooltip, it would be more useful. What would be neat is if we had a finisher move that would stop our auto-attack and on our next attack would apply that many combo points to the target.

• Ability to be a tank for a few seconds. It would be nice if feral cats had a way to be crit immune when shifting into bear form. I know we have the talent and the barkskin glyph, but the talent is absolutely useless for cats and the glyph only helps the few seconds barkskin is up. I just thought it would be nice if bears are automatically crit immune so cats could potentially tank a single add or the boss for a few seconds when the tank dies and is being battle-rezzed. Understand, I'm not saying cats should be viable tanks, I just think the talent should be changed or bears have automatic crit immunity so we could tank in an emergency situation. I think this would help in the developers' goal of having druids shapeshift more often.

• Claw - Learned at level 8 and made useless with Mangle at level 10. I think it should just be removed from the game to avoid confusion for new players.

• Thorns - I feel like I should be able to use this in cat form, but I can't.

• Cower - With changes to threat, it's never used. Before changes in threat, it was very rarely used.

• Track Humanoids - I actually forgot I could do this. Don't think it's really helping or hurting anything.

• Nature's Grasp - Does have limited usefulness, but it's rare.

• Maim - Maybe it's more useful in PvP. Would be nice if it could be used as an emergency interrupt on NPCs.

I hope my feedback has been useful and will help you all make ferals even more enjoyable than they already are. Remember, just because druids (and other "hybrids") have the potential to something else, don't penalize the role they chose to fulfill. Druids, just like all other classes, can only fulfill one role at a time.

(Oh, and whoever came up with the fire-cat form, give them a cookie, it's awesome.)
Edited by Dirann on 9/12/2011 7:39 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
I really love my druid as healer but I hate to say it but if heals are not managed well you go oom kinda fast even at 150k mana.

Most druid healers cant manage there heals and usually go with all out hots and that's not a good thing.

For me on the other hand I do fairly well at healing and not going oom but with 10k spell power my healing touch still heals for 22k and I would have thought it would heal for 26k by now.

my crits are only 40k-50k.

Instead of having the +20% haste buff from tossing up a regrowth how about give us a 5% haste all the time talent in the resto tree?

I focuse on PVE 5 mans and 10 man raiding.

I cant stand pvp because I hate farming pvp gear for resiliance just to have that usefull damage reduction stat to all player damage. Its not usefull in pve so no thanks.

My resto shaman can get greater heal crits of 135K if I use empowered weapon on player + earth shock the mob and then heal crit.

Balance: I'd love to be able to change the appearance of my moonkin because the standard classic wow one is just funky looking. Look at my feathers on the side of me they are floating in mid air and not attached to my body.

Edited by Seventhwinds on 9/12/2011 7:40 PM PDT
87 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Everything

If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? If I had to pick two, I'd say while being in tree form in pvp I am a huge target, a huge tree target. I find that using the glyph for making me the old tree form helps a ton, so it's not actually that bad. The other is the weakness of using innervate on others. It just doesn't have the tactful usefulness it once did.

What makes playing your class more fun? The hots for sure, I played a holy pally as my main for my first year of wow during BC and I have to say that I love the ability to move and heal.

What makes playing your class less fun? Nothing really, I love the druid class. Except, mushrooms. I just don't get it lol.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Resto doesn't really have a rotation, but I like the spells I have at my disposal. Moonkin has a fun rotation with the eclipse mechanic.

What’s on your wish list for your class? New forms for moonkin! More spells, especially hots. I'd like to have a hot that is long, heals for very little, but when the person takes damage the hot speeds up healing faster and more potently. Or maybe a hot that stores an amount of over healing like some trinkets do, then releases the heal at a certain point. Just making this up on the fly.

What spells do you use the least? Sooth beast is it? Don't even remember what it's called. Nice to have, but very situational. mushrooms lol. :P

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us; go ahead and send me a Diablo 3 beta invite whenever you get a chance. Thanks.
Edited by Ahorn on 9/12/2011 7:43 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid

As a Feral Druid the taste of continuously shredding at 5 combo points when both Rip and Savage Roar are up is not pleasant.
There is a good 10-20 second gap after applying both Rip and Savage Roar
Ferocious Bite is just not worth it compared to using Shred, and there is a really good chance you could miss your next Rip by doing so.

Am I asking that Ferocious Bite be buffed more so it's worth loosing a few ticks of Rip or seconds of Savage Roar? No. What I am asking for is either:
a: A new finisher that is pve orientated (a rouge's feint for example), or an ability that would work purely for pve.

b: A talent by which ferocious bite was not such a suck on energy . Make using it give back combo points, extend savage roar or rip (slightly) or restore energy when used. I'd accept some nerfs in order to see this.
90 Night Elf Druid
Blah blah blah playing druid since a week before BC was launched, blah blah blah seen it all.

PvEBoth. I have been a hardcore PvEr and a hardcore PvPer

Heroics, Raids.

Arenas, BGs and RBGs

previously mentioned, loss of cosmetic items when shifting. I know its probably not possible to keep belf orb after shifting, but it was fun.

Moreso its that flying mounts feel largely useless to me as a druid. I gave up TLPD to a friend because i thought it was a total waste because of flight form. I know we can cast a 1.5 second mount up, but why bother if you have flight form other than to show off the mount? I'd like to be able to insta mount up, but that won't happen, i know.

Also, rage issues in bear form. blah blah blah too much rage when multi tanking, not enough when one target tanking, not enuf rage when dodging too much, no quick snap threat when needed.

As resto, this expac it has become near impossble to kite melee in travel form without assistance. I know we are balanced around this ability, but it simply isnt working when you have two melee on you. shiv/HB spam, 15 yard frost shock, charge or heroic leap, etc etc. Resto druids are simply too squishy, as a feral they are the only healer i can kill 1v1

Ability to shift into bear form and tank some melees until a healer arrives. That is why i love this class to death. Casting most of your heals without a cast bar (although hots seem to be a little weak to me) and running around as a hello kitty death machine.

Energy system. It is so horrible. i know you gave us the option to regen energy once every 30 seconds, but outside of that, our sustained damage is garbage, ONCE AGAIN we are going to fall behind in scaling and damage, and we will continue to have trouble chasing a kill in pvp. No energy? bad luck, no kill for you. My dk, enhance shaman AND ret paladin have an easier time killing any healer than my druid, they are full vic, my druid is almost full ruth.

Rogues were given recup + energy regen for pvp, I would love to see a 5 point finisher that does something similar, without the health regen. Currently in pvp, outside of berserk 90% of the time you will only be able to rip, unless you glyph shred, which will curse your mangle damage if someone hides their back from you. Maybe make shred a pve damage tool and mangle a pvp one?

Fixing resto druid direct output. Regrowth crits for low amounts and costs so much, we have more mana issues in pvp than other healers because we are an AoE healer in an environment where focusing a target is king. Granted, im OP when target damage is spread, but useless when someone is being focused outside of a NS + HT. ToL is powerful, but outside of it is debateable. We are too squishy as resto, can die in a blanket. Needs passive damage reduction.

I would also love to see a preventative measure for shape shifting while stunned, because you will die in a stunlock if you accidently attempt to shift out because of latency issues

There isn't really a rotation, a fact for which I'm grateful. Moonkin can be a little boring, feral atleast has the combo point system and resto is situational spell use. I enjoy my class.

Being able to use Travel Form indoors! Shamans can ghost wolf =[
A more stable damage system for feral druids, MUCH LESS crit reliance (i.e multiple hits for 7k = bad, multiple crits for 18k = OP)
Ferocious bite damage to be more viable outside of critting.
Fixing a bugged skull bash.
Having savage defence be less random, but not an activated ability.
Tigers Fury on a 15 or 20 second CD to help with energy regen.
Casting while moving as a boomkin. (Do want!)

Instant mounting to match insta flight....... >.> (this is a wish list, doesnt necessarily have to come true >.>)

My wish list is huge, i know, but still.... its a lot.

EDIT: HUMAN DROOOD. I know, lore.... =[. Maybe say something BS like "Celestine of the harvent took some refugees away from gilneas before the curse who practiced the druidic arts" and BAM, human druid.

Nourish which is garbage, Healing touch because of cost + cast time, hurricane because its hurricane,

Oh and Claw. TROLOLOLOL! (possibly have it regen a tiny amount of energy like steady shot?)
Edited by Druzor on 9/12/2011 8:12 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid

Both

Heroics, older raids, occasional forays into Baradin Hold. Also, dailies and questing.

BGs and Wintergrasp/Tol Barad

Mana costs for spells vs. mana regen. In a BG, especially Tol Barad, I find myself running out of mana frequently, and innervate doesn't help much. There's been more than a few times where I've run completely out of mana and still have about a minute to wait on the innervate CD. This basically makes me useless until I get enough mana to pop a spell or can cast innervate, and then it just happens again until I die or the enemies are all dead. Unless I stack spirit and reduce my effectiveness in other ways there's no real fix that I know of.

Same issue with resto, the few times I've used it. I have more spirit but the mana costs eat up mana much faster.

The uniqueness of the forms, compared to being just another tauren running around in fancy armor. The versatility of dots and hots.

Removal of features I enjoy, like permanent treeform. Having to relearn my class whenever there's a major change.

Per the definition, I don't know that I know my rotation. I do okay with what I use, I guess.

Epic travel form
Glyph of permanent cosmetic old-style treeform for resto

Swiftmend, Bear form, Healing Touch, anything with Cat form except stealth. Wild mushrooms. Barkskin.
85 Tauren Druid
Since seeing armor in our forms (save for resto now) will probably not change and tbh I dont want it to change I just found this forum that has an very nice idea for druids since we won't be getting hardly any use out of transmorphing our gear

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123248639?page=2#23

this idea would give us more customization without blizzard having to do anything about showing armor on our models - I think it's a great way to give us something almost as useful as transmorphing will be for everyone else
90 Tauren Druid
nVs
PvE

10-Man Normal

N/A

I'm a tank and as a druid the biggest quality of life issue is my utility and versitility in certain fights. While currently i find my avoidance is slightly higher on average than Paladin, Warrior and Death Knight tanks, i have trouble in some areas. My best example is from way back on Maloriak progression. We had our warrior tank the boss while i was picking up the abberations. The came in groups of 1 and 2 from either side so it wasnt hard to faerie fire the single one then charge the other 2 then swipe. But as i got more mobs on me this became increaingly difficult for no other reason than it just got a bit hectic on my screen. And so an occasional add will beat on a healer for a little while. If a healer had to move out of the stack and have an ad run to him and faerie fire wasnt enough threat and id just used my taunt earlier I have no other abilities to use and just have to wait 6 seconds for my taunt. While this was never a huge inconvenience for us and we were getting some really good attempts in we thought 'lets change the tanks around'. (I was tanking adds as we found they hit harder than the boss and i was better geared at the time) So our warrior grabbed the adds and i took the boss. Needless to say, with charge, heroic throw, intervene, heroic leap, and whatever else warrior have at their disposal, it was a one shot. "Wow, that was easier".

Sorry to make this so long winded, but the point I am getting to is we have one range move 'faerie fire', a charge, an aoe taunt, and a run speed increase. I really like the idea of stampeding roar and its 2 min cd is quite balanced but just one more utility move thrown in there would make the difference sometimes.

Alysrazor - I finally get to do something!
More specifically, alys is the best example of a fight where tanks have multiple jobs. We do a bit on shannox, beth and rag but i feel more important when i have the bird on me.

Baleroc - As a decimation tank, i afk for 40 seconds at a time.
More specifically, threat has never been a major concern of mine, it's not hard. Now with the changes to threat generation on fights like baleroc I stand in one place. I still maximise my rotation to get as much dps as i can out, we have had 0.1% wipes on the hard enrage timer. I just feel less important. But thats fight mechanic balance I suppose, the healers and dps have a bit more to do.

The current druid tank rotation is actually fun. It is complex enough to make it interesting, not repeditive and boring.

While i haven't mentioned it above a raid cooldown for druids wouldn't go astray. this really just comes under my short comings as a utility class. All i feel I am good at is standing there tanking that.

As feral I use every ability in that chapter of my spellbook, nothing goes to waste, thats what they are there for. Although since the threat changes cower has become redundant.
Edited by Jeddek on 9/12/2011 7:55 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
Pvp, some PvE.
A bit of everything.
BGs, some arenas
Having a bit more varity when it comes to shapeshift forms would be something i'd like to see. I know in wrath they did give bear/cat form different colors the could choose from but i'd like like to see some more in depth features brought to forms, such as different hairstyles or facial features.
I realy enjoy the utility of druids, I know when I raided alot i carried 3 gear sets in case I needed to switch from dps to heals or to tank.
In pve I play as a feral cat, and found it annoying that in order to do well in many fights doing good damage not only did you have to worry about keeping your rotation up but you also had to pay a lot of attention to where the back of the boss was, and had to make sure you where behind it at all times in order to shred, and for most fights that is very manageable, however fights like Al'akir it was not doable for most the fights, making feral a weaker class for that fight. As for pvp I understand why they took powershifting away from roots from feral, tho i feel how it is set up now is not great. As of now we have to save either dash, or stampeding roar in order to break out of a snare, but as soon as we use it to break out of one snare we can be snared the second after we break out. I find it very frustrating.
As of now I find feral's rotation easy to manage for most fights, I however enjoyed it during Wrath a bit more, how it was unforgiving yet rewarding. If you were a good feral druid your numbers showed for it at the top, and if you weren't you sat at the bottom.
New cat form models, and a better way to deal with snares.
Nourish
85 Goblin Rogue

Both

Raids

Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
im content with druid quality of life atm.

shifting between forms mid fights for effectiveness.

having to manage combo points that stick to a target as opposed to my toon building "combos". (for instance how a shaman stacks maelstrom procs which sort of behave like a combo point that stays with the shaman rather then loosing combos when switching targets.

i like how the flow of a feral cat rotation feels now with a few acceptations. I feel the energy costs of certain abilities could use a bit more tuning.

some sort of pseudo-combat potency talent.

Cower<-----I honestly feel that i get a greater threat reduction by not using an attack for the global CD then what cower reduces.. maby a "faint" esc buff??? hint hint <3
Both, mostly PvE but I do enjoy PvP with my druid. Starting to gear it :).

Raids. Dungeon starts to get boring after a while...

I haven't really tried on my druid but I prefer doing Rated BGs with my guildies.

The fact that I lack the ability to hit something from afar. I do realize that Feral have many ways to get close to their target. However, it's could be nice to have some range nuke apart from the Bear Faerie Fire. It's not for killing other players that I feel this to be a pain, but for those quest where I have to kill something on a wall that I can't reach with melee's.

Well overall I love the experience the druids has to offer. You can do everything in the game in terms of role. Boomkin style is unique in terms of caster, Feral Cat is a little more complicated than I thought and is fun to play in PvP, Bear is my favorite and finally Resto is cool.

The fact that my gear never shows off. At first it feels unique but hey, it's like saying "hey guys I got this cool form that you can't have hahaha" then 75 level later "And after all this time you haven't changed a bit?". It feels like having always the same gear if you ask me.

Rotations are fine. They aren't as easy as it is for a Shaman or a Rogue for me, but it's fine for now.

Well after looking at Leyara's Locket, I would love to ask Blizzard to implement a minor Glyph that allows the casters form while shapeshifted, exactly like the Locket. Making it work on Cat, Travel, Bear and Aquatic Form but not Bird form. That would be perfect :).

Cower, Claw and Teleport: Moonglade.
90 Worgen Druid
Boomkin/Skywall
PVE
Raids

No real issues here, only thing I could think of would be making Mark of the wild cost no mana since it rarely gets used in fight and when it does it's only once for whoever gets b-rezzed

Being able to compete against other dps classes finally and having a mechanic like eclipse that requires a little more thought than just spamming buttons.

Fights where movement is required with the new eclipse and lunar shower changes. As well as not being able to show off our armor in form, you work all that time and no one can see the cool loot you've gotten because all boomkins look the same. Mushrooms being very situational and only useful in certain fights.

Whereas before you were more required to use your starsurge at the appropriate times, it sometimes feels (especially with the T12 4pc) that it's just better to hit it whenever it's up.

Being able to see more of my armor in my boomkin form, and a new spell that is more fun to use not only in times that specifically require it, but when it just feels cool to use it. I don't know if it's just me, but I occasionally still have the issue of starsurge not being reset to where I can instantly cast it when it procs, have to throw out a couple spells before i can click it.

What spells do you use the least
Cower, pretty useless, forget I have it most of the time. Hurricane, the damage is so bad that even talented I only use it with the glyph to provide a slow when there are no other classes to slow, fights like bethtilac where the spiderlings have to be aoe'd/slowed. Thorns, especially now that tanks don't really require threat and although the damage is better, it's only useful at the beginning of a pull and not really that beneficial to use during fights. (speaking strictly from a pve standpoint) Mushrooms as well, when that spell was announced I was super excited, and then when I saw it and used it I kind of went "meh" and then only used it in certain situations. The range and placement time is too long of a gap to really use it unless buffed by eclipse and the mobs stay still.
Edited by Furionstorm on 9/12/2011 8:06 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid

-I focus on PvP. I find the constantly dynamic situations with enemy players to be much more satisfying than what feels to be scripted "by the book" encounters. Even when a BG is 6+ years old (I'm looking at you, Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch) I find myself forgoing the extra honor of the random queue and getting myself into those matches just because I enjoy them so much.

I find Arenas to be a middle ground in terms of feel. I think arena play is more or less scripted, but it is still PvP, so I tolerate it.

Rated BGs are definitely fun, but the coordination required to simply get a decent team rolling is more effort than I want to put forth in a "game".

BGs, specifically solo queueing for non-rateds, is where I spend most of my time in-game.

I had high hopes for a world-zone that was similar in scope to the infamous Isle of Quel'Danas, but Tol Barad and Wintergraasp never really could pull off the feel that the Isle did for me.

-I think Blizzard has done a wonderful job at making things accessible. Please note that I am not saying easy. When things are accessible, they are well respected are the minimal effort required to do them feels satisfying. When things get too "easy", then laziness ensues which results in boredom. Having said that, I wish that many of the quality of life issues would be removed.

Being a PvP-minded player, I am always upset every time I go out into Azeroth to "hunt" the other faction and realize that everyone now is flying up in the air. I can't engage. It is infuriating. In the dedicated PvP zones, no flying is allowed, but it just doesn't feel right. I am willing to bet that in the curren tgame, if Tol Barad actually upgraded the gear available form the vendors, similar to Wintergrasp upgrading every time there was a new season, more players would flock there and it would be a zone closer to what it was intended to be; PvP happening in a PvP zone.

My last point regarding quality of life is about the umpteen number of CCs in the game. To me, this includes interrupts, school lockouts, and traditional CC as well. I pay money to play my character, not to watch the screen as I am helplessly controlled by someone else. That is not fun to me.

-That's easy: Stealth, regardless of spec. Heals, however potent or impotent. Mobility, although that seems to be lacking in this expansion, at least for the Feral side.

-Low survivability. Clunky mechanics regarding self-healing for ferals and moonkins (could be solved by removing the GCD on shifting, or puttin git on it's own GCD). Forms get old looking at the same old thing for years on end.

-I, probably needlessly, try and think outside of the box to make things work for me for PvP. For feral, I mangle spam. For moonkin, I moonfire spam --hard casting be damned (see above reference to interrupts and lockouts). I try to "Keep it Simple Stupid" to be able to focus more on other things going on around me, instead of worrying about getting that optimal rotation. Kudos to Blizzard for allowing other "rotations", whether or not ideal, to at least be passable in a PvP environment.

-Balance survivability.
-Forms have got to be reworked. I don't know how, but they need to be something "different" than they are now. Tree form is an example of a good rework, in my eyes at least.
-reduce the number of spells/abilities on the hot bars by allowing spells normally only used in a PvE setting to have an effect in PvP environment. Aka, combine spells together: Cower, Growl, Nourish, Hurricane are on the top of my list.

See above
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE and a bit of PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas/RBG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I think it would be nice to be able to use rebirth in bear/cat form. I also think we have tranquility in bear/cat form.

What makes playing your class more fun? We're awesome generalist. We can do anything we want. It's like having four characters in one, while others are limited. I also love how we can herb and do a few quest in flight form. It make it a lot easier.

What makes playing your class less fun? Honestly, I have a lot of fun on her.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) My rotation is pretty easy, mostly just keep LB on while having some other HoT's on.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I would like to have rebirth in other forms, and maybe tranquility.

What spells do you use the least? Teleport: Moonglade
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]