Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
Feral Druid - Alexstraza

What type of content do you focus on? I focus more on PvE then PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raiding and 5 man's

If PvP, what type of PvP? BG's once in a while.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Running out of energy while doing my full rotation and having to wait for it to go back up to a reasonable amount before continuing to do more damage.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Having the ability to switch between being a dps and a tank.

What makes playing your class less fun?
My character telling me "Not enough energy".

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I'm comfortable with my rotation, and know it down pat.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Having the energy bar instead of being at 100 from lv. 1-85, it would be nice for it to be like the mana bar with you armour or it gains more as you level up, starting out at 100 and working its way up to (as an example) 5000 energy so you have more to use.

What spells do you use the least?
The spells I use the least are pretty much everything I don't have on my rotation bar.
I use Faerie Fire, Skull Bash, Mangle, Rip, Rake, Shred, Ferocious Bite, Swipe, Savage Roar, Tigers Fury and Berserk.
85 Tauren Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I enjoy learning new content. Heroics until they have lost thier newness then focus on raids. (my guild moves slowly through raids)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Mostly BGs but I have found myself gear capped so venturing into the other 2

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

being i really dont focus on any partiuclar ascpect of the game I have 4 gear sets (resto pve, resto pvp, Balance pve, and balance pvp) I play whichever depending my mood. But it really chokes my bag space. If i could have my sets in my bank and access them without having to travel to a bank would fix it

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I can effectily perform any role. Allthough I would have to respec and regear if i ever want to tank again.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Being way out dps'd by people with gear less then mine. Then again thats why i have a mage alt

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I am not a big fan of "rotation".

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

greater customization of different forms.

■What spells do you use the least?
not sure right now
100 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] 5 man Heroics - Healer

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] NA

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

It would be great if we could have the old ToL form as a permanent cosmetic form, with the new model used as the form for the ToL CD. I feel a lot less druidy when the tank turns into a bear, one DPS turns into a cat, and another turns into moonkin.

Druids are great a handling damage over the course of a fight, but have difficulty with burst damage or pulls that have gone very wrong. Other healers would use Flash (FoL, FH, HS) to the party's health high enough so that no one dies while the big Heal is being cast, but our version of Regrowth is more inefficient for this than it is for other healers since the HoT hasn't ticked much before you land another Regrowth on the same target. Having a larger initial heal or having the HoT portion function like the WG HoT would make Regrowth work better for situations the Flashes are supposed to be used in.

What makes playing your class more fun? Shapeshifting into diferent animals.

What makes playing your class less fun? No form for Resto :(

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) My "rotation" is fine. Thanks for the change to Resto Mastery :)

Permanent cosmetic old tree form, with foliage color that is dependent on hair color, like the fur coloring on cat and bear forms.

ToL, most of the time it is not worth the GCD. WG + Rejuv works better for me than ToL + LB.
34 Goblin Hunter
should put in a better defence spell then barkskin...every other class has bubbles and things that reduce dmg by like 90% and bring back starfire stun fer boomers again put it on talent wit like owlkin frenzy have it 5% fer each time u put talents into it and a max of 15% to stun atleast while in owlkin frenzy even tho u didnt even need to be or even be in boomkin and it should last for 3 secs
Edited by Teeßolts on 9/13/2011 4:48 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
Feral Tank, Feral DPS, Resto Druid.

What type of content do you focus on?

• Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE?

• All content.

• If PvP, what type of PvP?

• World PvP, Arenas and Rated BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• I miss being able to shift out of roots in PvP and PvE situations. Also, Cyclone being a proper 30 sec or even 1 min long CC in PvE situations would be nice as well.

• I'd also like fun items like disguises to either keep their visual effects when going into forms or at least make it so the buff they grant isn't completely removed. My Darkspear Pride item feels like a waste if I use it in raids because, even though it lasts for a full hour, the buff is removed if I change forms.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Being able to perform multiple roles. I enjoy tanking and I like being able to go into cat and DPS when not tanking in the middle of a boss fight.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Having to pop out of bear form to cast Rebirth is a little frustrating at times.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• I enjoy it.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Feral druids being able to shift out of roots and snares. Maybe, for PvP balancing, go back to how it was in WotLK where the mana cost of shifting was so high compared to your mana pool that you could only shift about eight times without a Leader of the Pack proc before you were OOM.

• I really miss permanent Tree of Life form. I would like to see that brought back into the game. Maybe have the old model be the permanent form and the new model could be the CD it is now. So you'd naturally have the 4% healing increase from Master Shapeshifter while in tree form and then you'd get the normal bonuses from using the improved tree form. And you could tweak some numbers so it would be a slight healing loss when not in tree form.

• I feel there could be more done with Wild Mushrooms. I was extremely disappointed as a Feral Druid to see that as my level 85 spell. I feel you could have done a lot more with it. You could have the spell do different things for each spec like the Paladins Guardian of Ancient Kings. Balance would function as it is now. Feral: you could have the spell be castable in forms and the mushrooms would grow on the druid instead of being placed on the ground and scale with attack power. Resto: you could have them heal instead of do damage. The druid could strategically place them before a fight and detonate them as people get close or have them available for a stacking AoE healing phase.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Wild Mushrooms. I honestly use Teleport: Moonglade more than Wild Mushrooms.

• Claw. As I was leveling a second druid, with the changes to the talent tree and learning Mangle at level 10, I don't even remember having Claw on my bar.

• Cower. It's such a weak threat reduction that, even after the threat changes to tanks, when I start to pull aggro I just stop DPS. I feel it's not worth the energy.
  • Edited by Ursoc on 9/13/2011 4:17 AM PDT
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both, mainly PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raiding t12/t11, but the occasional ZA/ZG for valor.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    I dabble in BG's

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    1. My biggest issue is the lack of a constant Tree of Life form. I created my Druid because I love the idea of shape shifting. The removal of the Tree of Life shape shift ability was, in my opinion, a mistake. I miss it dearly! While the graphic update was awesome, I wish we could remain in tree form throughout encounters, an added 30 second cool down to counter the loss of the current Tree of Life ability would be decent.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    I love shape-shifting!! I love being able to play Restoration, but still go into other forms (such as cat form) and benefit my raid with the ability to interrupt (skullbash) and stun (a few rake spams + maim) this makes me feel so much more useful to my raid.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    The only thing I can really think of is the seemingly out-dated graphics of the Druid forms. With the addition of an under-water region with this expansion, I'm sure I speak for all Druids when I say I don't want to swim around looking like a deformed cow/bear/seal/cat/thing. I also believe that the other races should have more racial looking forms, Trolls take the cake hands down to unique looking forms. Seeing some updates here graphically would be awesome!

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Restoration: I feel like I am fully capable at performing with my current rotation. Though healing isn't too rotation heavy, its a see and go kind of thing.
    Feral DPS: I always hear many complaints from other players about Feral rotations, but in my experience this expansion I have had no problem pulling off numbers that are on par with feral even as an off spec.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    1. Updated form graphics
    2. Constant Tree of Life form
    3. Innervate !!! - I often find myself not needing this, but a fellow healer may be very low on mana, I cast it on them and they squeeze one, MAYBE two heals out of a 3 minute CD, can this go back to AT LEAST 10% regain or shorten the CD?
    4. HERE'S A BIG ONE. WILD GROWTH TO STOP EFFECTING PETS. I cannot count the number of times that 2-3 pets in my raid (we have at all times a hunter and a warlock, another hunter may fill in for a 3rd dps very rarely) thats 2-3 stacks of WG going almost completely to waste. Hunters can heal their own pets. Healers shouldn't have to. This seems like an easy fix to me

# What spells do you use the least?
    Teleport: Moonglade - Why bother? No portals in MG so it isn't even an emergency hearth.
    Cower - I find this ability pretty much useless. For one, it can be parried which is just like a claw in the eye to begin with. For two, 10% threat reduction really does pretty much diddly-squat especially when you swipe spam a group of adds. I find myself having to use survival instincts + barkskin if I pull aggro, it's more effective than Cower could ever hope to be.
    Hurricane - due to high mana cost and relatively low DPS output.
    Claw - why does this even still exist in game, when even the tooltip says don't bother. Just give mangle to kitties at a lower level.
    Wild Mushrooms - other than placing a few mushies for raid markers, these bad boys don't come in handy very often. I don't see the point of just placing one, if the spell was changed to placing all 3 in one GCD it would be a much more useful spell. I can't think of an instance where a Druid would want to only place one anyway. Total waste of 3 GCD's if you ask me! (but they're so gosh darn cute!)
    Edited by Karida on 9/13/2011 5:55 AM PDT
    88 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Baradin Hold

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    All of the above.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I think feral damage is quite perfectly designed, however instant cast Cyclone is just in all honestly ridiculously overpowered. I would like to see a redirect spell added to the feral tree so that maim becomes a viable multi target peel for team mates. I;d also like to see Berserking nerfed via duration but in turn also reducing its cooldown, I believe this is the key to ferals OP burst...it is sustained for far too long.

I love the cooldowns we use, such as Barkskin, the ability to switch into bear and cat form and the abilities available in each.

Squishiness when not specced into bear form talents, aswell as lack of magic mitigation.

How do you feel about your “rotation"?
    VERY FUN

Remove instant cast cyclone, I don't see any issue with keeping the talent there but removing cyclone from its uses would be a good idea.

Giving rogues and ferals more synnergy, like it had in BC. Stun DR's became a real pain with maim this expansion.

Remove insta cyclone and give a redirect, so maim can be used as a peel, or even allow maim to be used on any target regardless of where the combo points were accumalated.

I'd also like to see more survivability abilitys given to restoration druids. They really need them. I would reccomend having another look at Tree Form mechanics; it's mechanics as a cooldown are pretty meh, it's not a button that makes you jump as high as you'd want to when you press it.

Balance dps spells ;/
    100 Worgen Druid
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Mostly PvE, thought occasionally PvP.

What type of PvE?
    Raids, heroics, questing. Essentially, all PvE aspects.

What type of PvP?
    Battlegrounds and arenas.

Tree form. All of the other specs of Druid have a form that they can use whenever they like and for as long as they like (Cat, Bear, and Moonkin). It would be nice to have the ability to go into "basic" tree form (which would look like the original small treant form) which would purely be cosmetic. The tree of life cooldown could then turn you into the current larger tree form and give you the same benefits that it does now.

Being able to shift from form to form based on what is needed. For example, cat form and sprint if you want to get somewhere faster. Also, being able to instantly become a bird which allows for the player to never have to collect a flying mount.

Lack of customization for all forms. Cat and bear benefit from the character's hair colour, but it would be a lot more fun if not every tree, Moonkin, and bird form looked the same.

I feel the Druid Balance and Restoration rotations are put together very well.

- Permanent tree form
    - Customizable form colours
    - Travel form being usable indoors
    - A glyph that allows a Balance druid to have a permanent treant helper, like how the Mages can have a water elemental and the Death Knights can have a ghoul

Typhoon: I've gotten into more problems with Typhoon than getting out of problems, such as pulling extra mobs

Wild Mushroom: Even if I end up in a group without any other method of slowing, I find Wild Mushroom to be very difficult to use properly in mid-combat. It works well to get things set up before combat, though.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [Both]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [All]

If PvP, what type of PvP? [BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I'm happy in PvE. In PvP druids are suseptible to more types of cc than any other class. With the loss of fear immunity with berserk and shifting out of roots I feel ferals are too easily swept aside in group pvp. (ie BGs and RBGs).

What makes playing your class more fun? Versatility that our class bring, for sure.

What makes playing your class less fun? PvE: Always looking like Moonkin. Not always looking like a Trent (I want the option: maybe a glyph would work here). PvP: Vulnerability to chain cc. The fact our bleeds can easily be removed. (we use 3-6 CDs to apply and they get removed by one healer or class CD). A big annoyance is when I shift from Bear->Cat and get stunned/fear/etc I get left in Elf Form?! Why?, that mechanic doesn't even make sense and leaves me at my most vulnerable.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Balance and Resto: Fine. Feral: too complex (same thing for Rogues at the moment too).

What’s on your wish list for your class? Feral: more defensive CDs for Tanking (we only have 2, 3 if you count regen but I don't; pallys have 5+). More protection from Chain-cc. Being able to shift out of roots. Not getting stuck Elf Form while shifting from animal to animal. Being able to cast more then 3 mushrooms, but not if that means less damage per mushroom. Trying to place a mushroom in a large group of allies and mobs can be difficult because when I click an ally it selects them instead of dropping the mushroom. Fix please. A castable thorns in feral forms would be neat. Maul should hit 3 targets normally with the glyph increasing it to hit all melee targets. And finally, the option to always look like a Trent or Moonkin or not always look like one.

What spells do you use the least? Cower
    Edited by Morainesedai on 9/13/2011 5:02 AM PDT
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Restoration and Moonkin perspective in Both PvE and PvP
    Heroic 25man Raiding
    All
    I would like to see the removal of class reagents completely from the game with the way things are now, this would free up a glyph spot for a funny glyph per-say that could be purely festive.
    In general the lore behind the druid class is very attractive to me and I love how it has developed and would definitely like to see more.
    Restoration: I greatly enjoy the HoT-style of healing because it requires a great deal of planning and thinking ahead to truly excel at in a PVE environment and plays a great support to the more direct and traditional healing styles. I was glad to see that treeform was no-longer permanent it brings the shifting part of being a druid more into focus.
    Balance: With Balance I find the eclipse bar has been a great addition and managing dots taking eclipse and gear procs into account is very enjoyable.
    Restoration: While the "Ramp-up" time I think adds to the fun of Restoration healing in a PvE environment, Restoration Druids suffer from a very difficult time in PvP due to quick switches by dps. In PvE we make up for our lack of CD's (or the CD's take the form of) raw healing power which makes us very strong, but in PvP that raw healing power takes too long to wind up and we find ourselves or our partners mashed into toothpicks rather quickly. This raw healing power design inherently makes balancing between PvP and PvE very difficult and takes a lot of fun out of playing the class. In regards to PvE specifically I am disappointed to find mana such a null-issue to the point of specifically going away from spirit I think mana-management should be brought back to a focus with Restoration druids.
    Balance: Bouncing around as a chubby chicken all the time does get a little wearing, but overall I feel Balance is in a good place.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Restoration: There seem to be several styles of restoration healing which makes "rotation" very difficult to answer, however this in itself I feel is a good thing and what I believe is an intentional design. In short you have a raid or tank healing style (with several variants), I love this model as it allows the same class/spec to fullfill different healing roles in the encounter very successfully. One concern I have with Restoration druid "rotation" right now goes back to our "ramp-up" time, due to the hot component of Regrowth, our Regrowth is clearly the weakest 'flash-heal' of all the healing classes making it very difficult even when spec'd to catch-up against some very heavy damage. While the Nature's Grace mechanic, the improved crit talent, and living seed talent help to alleviate this by adding a truck-load of haste and subsequent healing I feel that it is a little underpowered and a rather expensive investment of talents to make it worth while.
    Balance: I feel that the rotation for Balance is in a great spot right now, the rotation is simple enough for the average player to perform reasonably well, while the more advanced player can bring out just a little bit more with a few tweaks. The rotation feels active enough to keep the player entertained.
    There are a couple very simple things could be how hairstyles/colour do not affect Tree or Moonkin forms like they affects Bear and Cat form. I would like to see more animations associated with forms such as is available if you're standing still for a time while in tree form causing grass and flowers to grow. I would like to see Festive Glyphs available for minor slots, such as "Christmas tree", or Hallowed tree, or Santa Cat, Reindeer bear, little things like that. Could be as simple as a couple bobbles in the branches or a full on new model. In terms of more functional hopes, I would like to see a mechanic similar to "Soul-swap" that warlocks have but for hots. This would really help us with the ramp-up time in both PvE and PvP environments. In addition I would like to get away from the raw healing power model and bring druids back down to a level roughly equal to other healing classes as they are currently far to powerful.
    Thorns: Very situational uses but not very often, I find it scales poorly with spell power and way to well with attack power making feral thorns significantly stronger than Balance or Restoration thorns.

90 Night Elf Druid
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

both - 60% PvE, 40% PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, instances, daily - a typical 'casual' player with moderate raiding activities

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG mostly

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

1, castable thorns in feral forms
    2. earlier access to thrash, or remove cooldown off swipe(bear)
    2, larger radius for Stampeding Roar
    3, reduce energy cost for cat skull bash - 25 energy is way too costly
    4, some sort of indicatior/power aura/etc to show when Blood in Water is in range (instead forcing to use addons or putting everything on %)

# What makes playing your class more fun?

# What makes playing your class less fun?

as a whole, i'm having fun as a druid so far. if there's anything lacking/missing, its more of a functionality/aesthetic issue

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

pretty good overall - xept certain synergies/mechanics could definitely use a more refine/elegant touch

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

for Bear:
    1, option to let pulverize not consume lacerate stacks
    2, Battle roar - bear's version of warrior's battle shout
    3. maul - hits 2 targets on baseline, glyph for 3rd

for cat:
    1, mangle receives benefit from mangle debuff as well, just like shred
    2, glyph of shred - extend the bonus to mangle as well
    3, a deep feral talent to allow cat to vanish in combat, while same talent provide a different effect for bears.
    4, rework on cower - make it actually worth something

for moonkin:
    1, starfall and typhoon deal spellstorm damage
    2, sunfire - a similar function on insect swarm
    3, shooting stars - affects typhoon as well
    4, owlkin frenzy - also have a % to proc on spell hit

for general druid:

1, Force of Nature - convert to baseline, reworked into druid's version of paladin's guardian of ancient kings

2, option to choose between regular flight form and swift flight form

3, armor aesthetic options for bear/cat/moonkin

# What spells do you use the least?

cower - useless from start, worthless after threat change
    Edited by Mewmon on 9/13/2011 4:59 AM PDT
    85 Worgen Druid
    PVE, starting to PVP.

Raids, Dungeons, World Bosses.

BGs for now.

- Being in caster form while in Restoration spec. If my class is supposed to shapeshift to fit a role, why should I be in caster form to do so?
    - We really need an update in Aquatic Form. The model is horrible. We also need an explanation about the Travel Form icon being a Hoof and when we shapeshift we transform into a cheetah. Aren't we supposed to be a Stag?
    - I know that there is a lot of magic in the World of Warcraft. But how do a bear doesn't get hurt when hit by Ragnaros' hammer? I think Bears and Cats should show a little piece of their armor when they shapeshift.
    - Huge CD on Solar Beam. In a raid enviroment that could be crucial for a fight. My moonkin friends feel useless in some fights like Alysrazor or Nefarian where there is a NEED of interrupting spells.

Druid is a unique class. We do what most of other classes don't. We have a very nice utiliy, from our Rebirths to our Stampending Roar.

Nothing. I love to play as druid (Resto)!

Resto: It's all good, except when we have to use Nourish in some situations. Casting 3 rejuvenations to lower the cast time of Nourish (our cheap-cast spell) means that we lose 3 seconds on GCD and consequently 3 seconds less on our first applied rejuvenation and finally cast a very low heal on our target (when it doesn't crit). You can understand what I say trying to use Nourish at the Baleroc's fight at Firelands.
    Besides that, you can see that the Resto spec is A LOT better than when Cata started. Thank you for that.

- Cosmetic solution for perma Tree of Life form.
    - More shapeshifting customizations (for Moonkins, Travel and Aquatic form).
    - A interrupt spell for restoration spec.

- Nourish because of it's huge cast time, difficult mechanic to make it a worth spell, and low heal when it doesn't crit.
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Briefly, I play mostly PvP on BGs. I love the class overall and how it works for feral. The only thing I would LOVE to change is the fact that ferals can't cast Thorns while in bear form. Looks like a defensive ability for a tank to pop, but coming out of bear form to use it would mean a stunlocked/dead druid. Thx! :D
    85 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

I play as a bear but this kind of goes for all specs, I would love to see some sort of cosmetic change in appearance with gear. You can get all this cool looking gear on your warrior and Look pretty cool in the latest fashion while tanking but its still the same bear form. For this reason I'm not even bothering with transmogrification on my druid. The cat staff from staghelm was a good attempt at resolving this, at least for cats. If there were more items like that I would be grateful. Also I wish "fun" items like orb of the sindorai or the Halloween wands' effects wouldn't just disappear when we shape-shift. I'd like it so if I used my orb then I look like a blood elf, I change to cat form, then when I change back I still look like a blood elf.

I like the whole shape shifting thing. I think that's why I love playing my druid. I love that I can be tanking and when the other tank taunts I switch to cat form just to eek out a bit higher numbers.

As mentioned above I can't see my gear 1/2 the time :(

How do you feel about your “rotation”? [Bear]
    I feel that it's just an attempt at making us push more buttons. Since our rotation is very passive, with the exception of pulverize I feel like we are just mashing things to increase our dps, and with that latest threat generation boost Im usually 4x the threat of the highest dps. If it wasn't for how savage defense worked I could walk away for extended periods during encounters. The problems with the rotation I have are mostly with lacerate. It just feels like since you need stack it up to 3 times we are just being forced to press a button. Its also weird that almost all of lacerate's damage is front loaded, the bleed is extremely weak. I wish something could be done to make the rotation more active like a DK. I find tanking on my DK is very fun because while it is more difficult to mitigate more, I feel like my moves make me take less damage, where as bear feels like you press buttons for dps.

It comes down to this for me
    - Making some type of graphical change with gear in our shape shifted forms
    - Make bear rotation feel more like I'm hitting buttons To take less damage rather then Hitting buttons just so we can always be hitting something so our savage defense will proc more often.
    - I don't pvp much but I was extremely ticked off when you took away feral's ability to shift our of root effect but left it with the other specs.

After looking at my spell book, the only move that I see that serves no purpose is claw, because they put mangle at lvl 10 which is more powerful and has no cool-down for cat form.
    To those saying cower is useless I use it when other tank taunts off me. I go into cat form and hit cower so there is absolutely no way I will accidently pull off him.
    Edited by Astronomic on 9/13/2011 5:15 AM PDT
    90 Pandaren Rogue
    Kïsa-Anetheron

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    i used to focus on both PvP and PvE but now its just PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    heroics/raids/world boss's

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    used to do bgs but since the changes i dont

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    just the over all feel of how the class works, which is perfectly fine, why fix something that is broken?

■What makes playing your class less fun?

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    the rotation for the feral druid is veyr balanced for the rotation

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    i wish that you guys would put back the following
    +10% damage to rake
    +10% damage to rip
    immune to fears via berserk- trinkets just dont cut it against a mage/warlock
    remove roots/snares via shape shifting

you guys said feral pvp got better it got worse trinkets have a 2minute cd, what good is that if they keep rooting/ccing you?

if people cant take a feral druid 1v1 get another person to help you

■What spells do you use the least?
    85 Night Elf Druid
    PVE

Raids

not having permanent tree form is a huge displeasure. i almost never remember to use my tree form when i may need it first of all. secondly, if you wanted druids to be able to show off their gear, you should have made the gear actually nice to look at. tier 12 is atrocious. also, if you wanted druids to be able to show off their gear, why limit that to only resto? part of being a resto druid was being a tree. just like in balance you have boomkin, and in feral you have bear or cat, yet they get to be in their forms all the time while us resto druids have to suffer our caster form. i vote bring back perma treeform but add it so you can see your staff while in that form, like boomkins do. also i'd like to see the newer tree form reduced in size, when i used to pvp and before i got the glyph for old tree, popping into tree form made me everyones target because its sooo huge.

i suppose being a hybrid, i can heal, tank, mdps and rdps. i also just love hots, i get on any other healer and i dont know what to do with myself and ppl usually end up dieing.

non-perma tree form in resto spec. also having to re-apply lifebloom can be a huge bother since im not a tank healer, i throw it on the tanks then forget about them. but lifebloom is a huge part of my set bonus' since cata hit, i guess i would like better set bonus' lol.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    my rotation is fine for resto. feral dps on the other hand, its really annoying to have to leave out my best filler ability when i cant get behind a boss.

better set bonus', perma treeform, a popup thing [like what happens when you get clearcasting] for when your lifebloom falls off or when your trinkets proc would also be nice because watching my buff bar or watching for my toon to light up sucks. also, i'd like travel form to be able to be used indoors, like shamans can with their wolf form. its basically the same thing so i dont see why they should be different.

i was also just reading some of the threads on here and came across a good one, i'd like to have an ability that will change how my forms look. we've had the same forms for a very long time now, i think it may be time for a change.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123248639

resto: regrowth, tree of life, nourish
    feral dps: Maim, claw, pounce,
    overall: teleport: moonglade, natures grasp [i dont pvp though] and i never use thorns.
    Edited by Elysion on 9/13/2011 5:41 AM PDT
    90 Night Elf Druid
    PVE – feral tank/DPS

Heroics mostly, normal-mode 10 man raids

Losing rage upon shifting. While there are some instances where it's my choice to shift out and do some CC (such as in the troll instances with rooting and hibernating), there are some mechanics that force me out of form: Vanessa Van Cleef's rope is a great example of this. I generally warn groups that they'll need to be careful for a few seconds while I /enrage and build up some rage. This is also compounded in a situation where I'm needed to toss out a battle rez or innervate. It'd be nice to have a talent similar to the kitty one for keeping x% of rage when you shift out.

A ranged silence would also be nice. At this point, I'm used to not having one and LoSing pulls, but it would make it easier.

For feral DPS, it would be nice to have CPs that moved. Or to not be so directionally limited. It feels like kitties are doubly punished, on top of the general punishment of being melee DPS.

Finally, it would be awesome to have costume effects work on feral forms. Sometimes, after staying at bear butt/kitty butt for 75+ levels, I'd like to maybe be a skeleton. Or a pygmy gnome. Or a pirate. You know, just for fun.

If you're an awesome player, it really, really shows, especially in emergency situations. Tank went down? I'll step up until phase transition, bring up the tank, and then go back to DPS'ing. The kitty rotation, while challenging, is so much fun when you get it down. Literally being a beast of a tank – I've had several situations where everyone else has died in an instance and I'm able to bring the boss down from 20% or so on by myself, with proper CD usage. Instant cast flight form. Bear dance. The general goofiness and camaraderie that is the druid community (is there any other class that routinely has flash dance mobs in cities?).

Limited bag space if I want to maintain armor for various roles. Feeling like an incomplete warrior or rogue sometimes. Never having costume effects work. Rage generation issues (even now, when I don't really outgear the troll instances by that much). "You must behind your target". Having some awesome utility spells that require shifting out to use – BR, innervate, tranquility, mushrooms.

In comparison to both BC kitty rotation (mangle, shred, shred, rip) and Wrath (John fing Madden!), the feral DPS rotation feels "just right" to me now. It's not boring nor as punishing if you mess up and still challenging enough that you really feel awesome when you do it.

Bear tanking only feels hairy when there's a bunch of adds spawning in waves along with a boss to fight and movement (Dragonhawk boss in ZA, for example). Trying to manage AoE threat, boss threat, making sure I'm not standing in fire, and that the melee aren't in fire can be a lot if the DPS aren't stellar/co-operative. However, I feel pretty awesome when I pull it off. On single target bosses, bear rotation is great.

Costume effects working in forms. Not having to shift to BR/innervate. Not being shifted out by game mechanics. A ranged silence. A return to druid-looking weapons and armor (such as T5 and the feral staves). For bear feral charge to not consume rage.

As a feral, the bulk of my balance and resto talents (BR, innervate, roots, hibernate, and tranquility are the only ones that semi-frequent use between instances and raiding). As a feral, claw. It's not even on my bars anymore.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]