Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
No PvE at all.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs, World PvP, let's say all kind of PvP.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Why all the hate with ferals on PvP ? Feral became something like a combat rogue (hits harder then one tho) except that rogues still can break roots sometimes... I mean come on, why changing our shapeshifting out of roots ? That been perfect since the begining of the game, we are druids, we need mobility but you can see that even warriors kinda have more mobility then us (still impressed feral druids can shapeshift out of slows). If you don't have someone on your back to spam dispells on you it's your end. If you play arenas with someone w/o dispel the enemy can control you the whole game and make you useless.
We hit hard, but it's like if you play against a good healer on arena(let's say the same "skill level" than you) you're going to have a hard time killing him, that's because when we can use our 3 minutes CD burst the other team just go and control you for the duration, berserker is over no way to kill him, while the others can turn on theyr burst and use it w/o being CC'd for 30sec with snares and fears. Berserker fear immunity was OP I gotta admit, but come on let us druids be free, snares shouldn't hold us !

What makes playing your class more fun?
What realy makes it fun is facerolling on BG's, but it's like we face some players w/o resilience and kill them before a blink of an eye, but don't dare calling that being OP because if a full ruthless dps class can't instantly kill someone w/o resilience it would be ridiculous.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Druids used to be amazing and unique (they still are amazing tho), but we are starting to feel like everyone else can do what druids did now, Resto druids the awesome healer with hots that can walk and heal, not flat instant heals but he can put on the hots and run away from danger, sweet. And now what ? Holy pallys doesn't even need to cast a damn thing, and when they cast they are silence/interrupt immune, resto shammys barely have to cast a heal as well, disc priests well they do cast more than the others but still they have a low CD skill that makes them immune to silence/interrupt if you gonna do that just give them flat instant heals as well. And one more thing, people used to be like ok we need a druid now, can't do this w/o Rebirth, one of the extremely usefull druid onlys stuff that almost everyone have now.....

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Well my only complain here is: Come on Blizzard we are druids, don't recycle old ideas from TBC combat rogues and make our rotation the same (different skill names only), be more creative we all know Blizzard staff is filled with great people, do some awesome job guys, I know you got the potential !

What’s on your wish list for your class?
As I said, I don't wanna be snared anymore, I'm a druid I wanna be free !
Being controlled the whole time by fears also sucks, increase DR on that or give us some sort of skill to break it like all the others have, don't need to be OP as fear immunity on berserking tho.

What spells do you use the least?
Teleport: Moonglade, still it's usefull when the events on Moonglade are up :P
100 Night Elf Druid
Resto druid main

PVE, heroic dungeons and 10 man normals
heroic dungeons and 10 man normals
random bg's and Tol Barad
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Want permanent tree of life form back
Healing on the run
Not being in tree form all the time, anymore
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think resto healing is in a great place
permanent tree form
85 Tauren Druid
  • Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids & Other

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas & BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I don't care as much about the cosmetic look of costumes however I am looking forward to becoming a fire cat so that would be a quality-of-life improvement.

• Also blood in the water which allows me to just use ferocious bite at 25% is nice. An execute ability no matter how small still feels good :).

• Quality-of-life issues that are not improvements
  • How easily we can be cc'd in pvp and then re-cc'd after using an ability like dash to get out of something.

• I also have a problem with having to come out of shapeshift to cast most of my spells I feel it takes away from being a master shapeshifter and instead makes cat form feel like a watered down rogue.

• Switching targets can be tough especially if it is done alot during a phase like major domo in cat form not only from a resource perspective but also in what feels like a lower dps output.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The fact that I'm a cat bringing the pain rather than a typical humanoid character.

• The ability to generate instant cast spells.

• Ability to stealth

• Putting up hard hitting bleeds so running away for a short time wont save you.

• Battle Rez

• Ability to go bear and pop survival instincts for that short brez a tank and heal them up period in raids

• Did I mention the ability to become a fire cat (So wanna do that)

• Roots and cyclone

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• When I use dash or stampeding roar in arena to get out of a root and then get rooted again but cannot use another dash or stampeding roar. (I wanna scream at that point)

• Lack of ability to negate or reduce incoming roots, snares, fears, etc. like how dk's get AMS, paladins can bubble, rogues get cloak, and warriors can bladestorm.

• Coming out of bear or cat and becoming more vulnerable in order for me to cast certain spells like a brez, heal, or cc. Other than shadow priests I cannot think of any other dps or tank class that loses armor and/or abilities in order to cast a spell. If we are going to get penalized for doing it then maybe they should have a little more reward for actually getting the spell off.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

My rotation is ok except it seems to be hurt when switching targets quickly and repeatedly. Basically if I cannot focus on a target for long enough and have them stay up for bleeds to be active I take what feels to be a larger than needed dps hit.

• Ability to cast more spells while shapeshifted.

• More fire cat like models.

• Ability to not get chained CC so easily (Bring back beserk fear immune or something).

• Ability to swap combo points from one target to another.

• New finisher moves maybe a self heal, energy regen increase, or something to make my next spell or heal to hit harder.

• A vanish like ability (take that rogues)

• Maybe something that hits harder the less combo points a target has and then adds a combo point to make up for fights where switching is a must

• What spells do you use the least?

• Probably cower I mean I use it but it seems more like it's there to make me feel good and not actually do anything. (Admit it you guys commented out the code for cower)

• Teleport to moonglade

• If I'm running as feral basically any spell that will take me out of cat or bear for PvE and in PvP really only use cc as instant casts feels to dangerous otherwise.
    85 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE Resto/Balance

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Non

Having a separate bar for Tree of Life is not convenient. We have 25 sec to set up out action bar to what we want otherwise we have to wait 3 min for the opportunity to come along again. I personally don't like having static forms. I want my gear to change my appearance so that there is visible feedback as I upgrade my gear. I was ecstatic when Tree Form turned into a cooldown. Besides not liking static forms, I think Moonkin and Bear Form just don't look good. Moonkin are shaped like a cheap fruit gummy and bears proportions are disproportionately skewed towards the rear end which makes them look weak to me.

I really like barkskin. Because of its short cooldown I can use it constantly just to take the edge off of damage, and it just feels like one of those things a lot of other people would overlook. In this tier of content knockbacks are particularly relevant which makes typhoon a fun ability to gave.

Eclipse is not a bad mechanic but the way that it functions is very frustrating to me. Having the delayed energy gains on travel time spells causes a huge inconvenience when going into lunar eclipse. In the initial rotation I force lunar so that I can squeeze in an extra starfall possibly and I have to waste at least one cast to make sure that starfire does not hit too soon and deduct energy. Also the fact that balance does not have any true dps cooldowns is kind of boring. One of my favorite things about playing a ret paladin was that I could maximize my cooldowns and it would have a tremendous affect on my overall damage. Also not having an execute mechanic is pretty lame.

I am fine with the rotation for Resto and Balance with one exception. I do not like the fact that dot cleaving is superior to anything else while detonate is on cd.

I would like Moonkin form to be a cooldown. In fact I would like that for all combat forms but the feral forms just don't seem like they would be as easy to accomplish that with. Also I do not need a new bar for treeform, that is entirely and inconvenience.

Hurricane, easily. I honestly don't know why we even have this spell anymore. It would be nice to see the duration of hurricane line up nicely with the dead time between mushrooms and make it worth using. An interesting idea is to give balance a talent that would automatically place mushrooms under targets that take damage from hurricane. It would be a situational benefit.
    Edited by Hotfix on 9/13/2011 7:29 AM PDT
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Mostly PVE but a little PVP to pass the time

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids... when people actually show up for them. I would love to get into competitive raiding, but not at the expense of marital strife.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    BGs. Arenas and RBGs frustrate the hell out of me due to a lack of other skilled PVPers among my friends.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    "Can't do that while shapeshifted.' It's a minor thing, I know... but it pops up so often that it gets annoying for non resto druids.
    FFF and demo roar on spell hit table. Especially demo roar, being one of the few ways I feel I have control over my mitigation (beyond naturally mitigating by being a DPS !@#$% as a bear), it stings to see misses on that one. FFF's pain is lessened by being able to apply a 3 stack in one hit via talents.
    Non instant cast brez as a tank; or if not instant, at least castable while shifted, so I don't have to time it perfectly between swings and casts.
    I've been a cat and a rogue for a long time, so I'm "used to it", but easier target swapping would be great - will expand on in the wish list.
    Primal Madness removing energy when the buff ends sucks

Having the ability to play all 4 roles out of one class

see above

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I enjoy the dance for cats.
    Bear as well feels natural - except perhaps spamming a dot as a filler, that feels weird. I haven't done the math, but perhaps, FFF moving off of the spell hit table would make it one to hit on CD as a filler to help with this.

customizable forms via minor glyphs.
    slightly higher energy regen on cats.
    Rework primal madness to not take away the bonus energy and just drop the max energy back down when it ends.
    let shifting clear roots again... the change came in while I was taking a break from teh game, and boy, if only you could see my /sadface when I started getting wtfbbqpwned by mages...
    skull bash in cat form dropping in energy cost to be a reliable interrupt; feels like it costs way too much for how slow energy regens

Easier target swapping for cats; player based CPs instead of target based CPs would set cats further apart from rogues and solve a big portion of the problem, while still forcing us to have some ramp-up time via (mangle, rip, rake, FFF). It would also beef up our raid utility by having a 5pt maim ready to stun an add, like on rag.
    Or... Perhaps make Claw hit harder and hit 3 (4 glyphed) targets, grant no CPs but return energy if it misses on your target. That would allow you to keep your CPs on a boss while effectively killing adds/totems (...totems... nothing worse than having to swap to a totem as a cat, kill it in 1-2 hits and swap back to the main target with no CPs...)... or maybe a mangle glyph to hit 2 targets in cat form? or maul usable in cat form?

A rework (again) on thorns would be nice too... perhaps turned back into a personal buff, but different depending on what form you cast it in. for bears, do damage to attackers, applying a damage or attack speed debuff; in cat, cause a small bleed on hit (thorny brass knuckles); In resto, the thorns could "break off" when you take damage, causing a small AOE heal; for boomkins... I don't know, shrapnel on the shroom bursts adding a small bleed dot maybe.

Vengeance scaling off of you hitting a mob would be nice... it would fix the problem of it not stacking well when overgearing content and help with the movement to push more desirability into hit/exp and other non traditional tanking stats.

One skill that I find I use a lot more often than I thought I would is stampeding roar (the cat and bear forms of it), and not just for running between pulls when the hunter fails at aspect swapping). It's great when there is a group wide slow/root or if someone needs a little speed boost help... but the radius is sooo small; why not bump it up similar to aspect of the pact... I mean, it's a ROARRR, not a [size=1]peep[/size]...

Soothe is probably the least used skill on my bar; at least for bear and cat specs.

In resto, regrowth is not too useful outside of as free heals in tree form and a lot of talents revolve around it.

In bear form, I think I might have used challenging roar 3 times, ever...

Thorns - In its current form, you can't cast it while shifted, and the damage bonus you get from it doesn't justify using it as a bear except perhaps while running in... and I don't think I've every played with a resto druid that uses it on CD on the tank - except when I was healing and had a spare GCD.

Claw... Is there even a point in this one existing?

Cower, after the threat buffs, this skill is useless unless you're running a 5 man with a very high geared tank (gg vengeance bad backwards scaling...)
    Edited by Dirg on 9/13/2011 10:48 AM PDT
    100 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? No pvp

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Rebirth should be instant and usable in all forms via whatever mechanic barkskin works in all forms. Bears need one additional cooldown (ideally something targetable to self or others). ALL TAUNTS SHOULD BE CASTABLE ON FRIENDLY TARGETS - and in that case should taunt one mob attacking that target (ala pally). Have feral charge generate rage - enough to allow a swipe to get initial aggro. Add silence to feral fairie fire - bears only tank w/o ranged silence. Extend duration of lifebloom just a little - or make resto able to apply a 3-stack via a 30-second cooldown

What makes playing your class more fun? I like that I can pop between cat and bear on tank swap fights. I am looking forward to 'active mitigation'.

What makes playing your class less fun? Staring at the same bear-butt. Maybe have some bear armor that scales based on avg iLvl?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) bear rotation is pretty solid. Cat rotation is much improved from previous madden-esque flow.

What’s on your wish list for your class? spells that have different effects based on current form. Finding a fair means of allowing retention of bear bonuses (armor/stam) for 3-4 secs while in caster form -(yeah - massive pvp balance issues) I know druids are supposed to primarily do one role at a time - but all other specs can find a way to weave in their utility abilities, while tanks, kinda get stuck

What spells do you use the least? Hurricane - massive waste of mana - needs cost reduction or dmg increase.
    85 Tauren Druid
    Mostly PVE, i used to go PVP, but the lots of silences, interrupts and bursts kept me away from it. Everything as a resto druid.

I love all PVE, instances, raids 10 man normal and heroic, we've just killed majordomo heroic yesterday \o/

Not anymore, i used to go BG and arena x2 x3 and x5.

tranquility 3 min cooldown, and the tree of life being a CD... but i have to say, i miss dancing as a tree all the time (i made a dancing style using /dance /cry /cheer /drink, it was sooooo cool XD) try using drink, then cheer.

I like the restos healing style, hots and a great healing burst cd. I think that the mastery change made the spell rotation funier, its really nice trying to keep the harmony buff up all the time.

On PVE its perfect, nothing to add. On PvP, as I said: too many interrupts and bursts, i dont like the pilar dancing thing. If you dont do that, you die.

With harmony as mastery its perfect, please dont change it.

Well.. sometimes i really miss being a tree all the time, but i also like it being a cd.... cant decide.... Something i would really enjoy, but i dont think it is possible, is that the armor you wear shows up in all the forms... could you imagine being like an armored bear as in that "Golden Compass" movie?? Ok... we use leather, what about a leathered bear? XD

Healing touch, it got useless after the 200% crit change, i rather use regrowth.

ps: sorry, my english sucks
    85 Night Elf Druid
    I am a pve druid who raids and does heroic content. I am bear tank spec and moonkin dps spec.

What I think makes the class less fun is having every buff I can give be overlapped by other classes. Leader ofthe pack is covered by honor among thieves and rampage from fury warriors. mark of the wild is covered by blessing of kings. moonkin aura covered by shadow priests and any shaman with totems out. even death knights can battle res. I was brought into a firelands raid group as a range dps and buffs, but literally everything I could do except inervate was already coverd. Also, I think druids have some of the best gear in the game, which is why it is so sad that I just look like an animal when I transform. I still have full malorne set because of how nice it looks, but I cant see it if I am doing anything except heal.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE (Resto with feral off spec)

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    10m raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    N/A

I'm actually very happy with where resto is at the moment. I....don't even miss being a tree all the time, and I thought having to stare at a big tauren butt would ruin the class for me. ;)

Lifebloom switching can be a little scary when I'm tank healing, especially if there are some moments of overlapping damage on the tanks.

It's not an issue for me anymore, but I HATED not getting to play with fun shapeshifting toys when I was in ToL form, and I think it sucks that the other specs don't generally get to, especially with the shorter duration ones like Orb of the Sin'dorei.

HoTs on the run. I love the resto toolkit, and I think our major cooldowns are awesome. Versatility.

HoTs getting sniped by other healers, resulting in a gigantic waste of mana. At times feeling powerless when there is major single target damage incoming and despite having full hots up on the target and spamming healing touch, still watching them die. Fights like Baleroc also make me feel incredibly weak. Nourish could have a slightly shorter cast time and I wouldn't complain.

Not really much of a rotation here, except being sure to keep up lifebloom and harmony, which I like. I do think the duration of harmony could be a tiny bit longer, because it can fall off when I'm dealing with heavy raid damage or recovering from a disaster.

I'll speak for the Boomkins here and say that I hope they see a graphic upgrade soon. I know that I personally could never get into playing balance because I hated looking at the model. Gender variations between the rest of the forms. I love playing as kitty, just wish I didn't look like a guy when I did so. Wish there were a more feminine looking graphic for ToL as well. I just use glyph of the treant as it is.

In my resto toolkit, I use pretty much everything, with the exception maybe of nature's swiftness. Would love to see a shorter CD on that.

Can't remember the last time I casted soothe.
    85 Night Elf Druid
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123249662?page=7#134

Added a new item under wish list.
    100 Night Elf Druid
    • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE (Healing)

Heroic 5-mans

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Loss of Tree Form. I understand the reasons on paper, but I lost an emotional connection to my character when ToL went away. Other people feel the opposite, but my druid has been my main through numerous alts ever since ToL was first implemented.

As a healer, as opposed to other roles: pulling my group through what they assumed would be certain death.

As a druid, as opposed to other healers: being able to "put a stopper on death". Fire-and-forget (even if just for a few seconds) healing ticking away safely, allowing my to divert my attention elsewhere. Looking at my unit frames, seeing a bunch of HoTs going, and the feeling of security that comes with that. If healing can be separated broadly into direct healing, healing over time, and damage prevention (shields/wards), the HoT model is the one I find the most "fun".

As a healer, as opposed to other roles: not being able to pull my group through certain death. Again, I understand the reasons behind the changes in Cata when it comes to dungeons; that each player needs to take responsibility for their own damage and that healers shouldn't be expected to (and cannot, in some cases, by design) pull them through anything and everything. But in the heroic PUG scene, this message is often not getting through.

I know that the death of a player that didn't get out of the fire (that I'm deliberately not supposed to be able to heal through) isn't my fault, but it makes me "feel" less effective. My job is to keep the group alive, but it's not entirely in my hands. A tank performing his duty cannot help but keep the mob's attention; a DPS performing his duty will eventually fell the boss; but a healer performing to the best of his ability may not be able to keep the group alive.

I'm not advocating the re-trivialization of healing as it was at the tail end of Wrath, but this is a source of frustration, even if intentional. It seems like every mistake the group makes ends up at the feet of the healer. Incorporating a greater variety of penalties other than damage (e.g. DPS debuffs) for "in the fire" situations would be most welcome.

As a druid, as opposed to other healers: nothing. I prefer the druid's playstyle to the other healers' and only wish it were even more pronounced.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I am not a fan of the three-heal model that all healers share. I like two of them -- the fast, expensive heal and the big, expensive heal. But Nourish as filler isn't fun when it's expected to supplant the most fun part of the class -- HoTs -- wherever possible. Fortunately, between the rejuv mana cost revision and gear improvements, I'm now more or less able to ignore Nourish. But at the beginning of the expansion I felt like I was being penalized if I used anything other than the dullest, least unique spell in my arsenal.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

Return of Tree of Life; greater emphasis on the spells that make druid healing unique instead of those that are shared with other healers.

Soothe. Not sure I've ever once cast it, in fact.
    Edited by Cygalis on 9/13/2011 7:36 AM PDT
    85 Tauren Druid

both

10 man normal raids

2v2 and random bg's

i love that i don't have to be a tree anymore, and would be nice if the other forms had some kind of visual upgrade...

versatility, being able to perform every role in the game

dual spec... I want to play resto at both pve and pvp, that's 2 specs... and i have to respec everytime i want to do quests or farm anything, i found out that i could play resto pve and feral pvp, to not respec all the time, but it's not what i wanted to play in the first place

i don't think healing has a rotation, unless keeping 3 stacks of lifebloom up is a rotation. healing is preety good for me =]

at least another spec, so i can have resto pvp, resto pve and a feral or balance spec for questing and farming in general

healing touch... only when i have clearcasting up, and if no one needs a regrowth
    90 Tauren Druid
    Both!

If PvE what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids, sometimes, but not often, dungeons.

Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs, and world PVPV (Tol Barad and Wintergrasp, yes, even Wintergrasp)

I really really really miss being able to use any sort of cosmetic items while in a shifted form. I was so happy when I found out Potion of Illusion worked, but then that was taken away.

See the above question. Bring back our ability to have fun with Potion of Illusion.

The lack of Crowd Control in pvp and how easily each one of my specs, resto, feral, and boomkin, can be very easily locked down by most other classes.

It's alright, I don't know the feral pve rotation, but boomkin is fine the way it is, I think. I really miss the old Lunar Showers though.

Potion of Illusion working while in a shape shifted form.
    SOME sort of PVP survivability. Let us get out of Polymorph and Hex by shifting again.
    Reduce the cooldown of Tranquility from 3 minutes to 0. Won't happen, but it's still a wish!
    A Feral/Hunter legendary would be nice. Ferals have never had one.

Cower, Claw, Soothe
    83 Tauren Druid
    PvE mostly

Questing and Raiding

N/A

Biggest quality of life change for me was when permanent tree form was removed. I never leveled a druid until I heard that tree of life form was going to become a cool down for Cata. I then spent the time to level and run WotLK dungeons, heroics, and raids. Just so I could play a tree ( I always thought the tree form was awesome and named my toon accordingly )
    I get the idea of making Tree of Life a cool down to make it awesomely powerful. I just don't think it works well. All other specs have the ability to keep their forms, so why not trees? I basically don't play druid at all because I love healing, and I miss being a perma-tree. I just play pally instead =\

Since I mainly use this toon for farming now I do like the fact that swift flight form is an instant cast and I can pick herbs without breaking form. That's pretty cool. And mining is super fast with Instant flight form. Makes it more fun to ninja nodes. lol

Healing as a cow =(

Some sort of revival of the Perma-tree. Also the ability to change up the look of the Moonkin form a little bit. Im glad bears and kitties change color, and that would be awesome for all the forms to modify a bit.
    85 Troll Druid

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE, with a small amount of PvP

• I focus on 10 and 25 Man Raids with Heroic progression as the focal point.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• During my free time I will occasionally compete in casual arena games with a guild member.

• One small fun (but I am sure hefty on programming) quality-of-life improvement I would like to say before I get really into it is, I wish you would allow Non-Combat pets to be off of the global cooldown. With the remove of the GCD for summoning a Non-Combat pet I will then be able to macro my shape-shift Cat/Bear/Moonkin/Tree of Life to a Non-Combat pet that is best suited. Such as Dunmore Cub for Bear and Moonkin hatching for Moonkin.

Now for the more important QoL.

Make Faerie Fire and Feral Faerie Fire just one spell but act differently based on the Stance/Form I am currently in.

• I am sure all have posted but I love being the Jack of All Trades. Its that simple, never let that change please.

• I struggle with my lack of a Cooldown for-say for Restoration, with all other healers having anything from a, Healing increase/Health mitigation transfer (Spirit link)/ or most powerful of all being a Damage Reduction. Tree of Life does have the 15% healing increase yes I know, however lacking things such as 10% damage reduction from melee attacks (Priest Shaman) or Guardian Spirit allowing a death to be a 50% instant heal. Now I will not list off everything I wish Tree's could bring to a raid that they currently can't, but I will say something other then just "wow look how every fight other then Baleroc I am #1 in HPS" would be nice. And yes even if this means we are not on top of every fight for hps.

For Balance dps I find it really tough to sacrafice a LOT of casts, I mean really a lot, to make sure that I am/stay in Solar Eclipse for AoE situations. Moonkins just simply can not do anything respectable for AoE outside of Solar Eclipse.

• Being that I am only Balance/Restoration for Raids I will speak only on those.

I am honestly really happy with the way Balance's rotation is (aside from the Solar Eclipse is the only way to AoE, this was addressed however in the last question)

As for Restoration no real "rotation" is available, its really a per fight per healing role situation so I will not waste time breaking it all down, All in all I am happy here as well.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• A raid/tank Cooldown for Restoration
      AoE capabilities outside of Solar Eclipse (Acceptable AoE that is)
      Drop Feral Faerie Fire and make it just Faerie Fire and be affected by my current form.
      More situational glyphs, to the point where I swap 2-3 glyphs for one boss and 2-3 for the next for min/maxing purposes.

Restoration - Healing Touch, strictly speaking healing spells. Remove Corruption being used the least
    Balance - Hurricane, again strictly damaging spells.
    85 Night Elf Druid
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both
    # If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids/Heroics/Old Content
    # If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas, BG's, Rated BG's, World PVP
    # What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    More Customization of the Feral forms, such as being able to modify the markings and base/accesory colour of the form. I'm im not against the armor hidden in the form, but some further customization of the form itself would be nice.
    # What makes playing your class more fun?
    Having the variety to play any role
    # What makes playing your class less fun?
    Watching people play druid healers and no take more advantage of the HOT-ing system.
    # How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Feral - Great rotation, i love having bleeds and using them in conjunction with the bleed damage increasing effects.
    Resto - During raids I can't think of anything bad to say about it.
    Boomkin - Probably the most straight forward rotation since Eclipse and Lunar Shower came into effect.
    # What’s on your wish list for your class?
    1 less Talent point into the resto tree required so I can have 3 Points into Genesis and 3 Points into Moonglow
    # What spells do you use the least?
    Faire Fire (Because Rogues can usually do something to drop it off)
    Claw (Obsolete at max level)
    Thorns (Doesnt do that much Damage anymore)
    Cower (Tanks I run with arent bad)
    88 Night Elf Druid
    PvE only
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics/raids/dailies
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Gathering for crafting. Example gathering herbs to make flasks. While it is not to difficult the high number of bots still make this a frustrating exercise. Not being able to roll on orbs in heroics is my biggest issue. Orbs should be BOE. For fun, I would like to see more options for different flight form and more custimization of Boomkin look
    ■What makes playing your class more fun?
    I enjoy the variety of a druid, (healer/tank/dps) Healing is my main focus and I enjoy being a vital part of a run and the challenge.
    ■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Healing agro. This has always been a frustrating point for me. Tank and dps are laying out their massive dps/aggro and yet every add (I mean every single one) goes straight to the healer when they spawn. I never liked this design. If every toon has a certain amount of threat during fights, all adds should not automatically go to the healer. Poor concept and one that has caused me to leave the game on occasion
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I feel for straight tank healing the druid rotation is decent and straight forward. Rejuv/LB and aoe spells/direct cast based on need is very user friendly. As soon as a group is in trouble the rotation falls to hell. Aoe is problamatic as players usually (and should be) spread out. Hots are usually not enough for boss encounters during trouble spots
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I would like 1 large fast castable heal spell for trouble. Make it high mana use but make it a choice I can have
    ■What spells do you use the least?
    healing touch. slow, expensive, and lets fast it, there is always so much ground effect crap to move out of during boss fights it is truly difficult to use as you will likely be standing in some crap taking huge damage while trying to save someone else. add to this the fact that the actually size of the heal is not worth the time/mana cost
    Edited by Confuseddna on 9/13/2011 8:00 AM PDT
    85 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? - PvE
    If PvE, what type of PvE? - Heroics and Raids

Note: I play Restoration and Feral DPS

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    - Frankly, I don't see much quality playing issues with being a resto and feral druid.
    Though what annoys me the most is, as an herbalist, I can't pick up plants if my flight form is not "perfectly aligned with the ground collision". Sounds peaky, but you don't have this problem when picking up plants underwater.

- The versatility of our roles by having two specs. I love being able to Raid as a Resto, and then go hunt or farm as a Feral.
    - The ability to heal while running around is a life saver in many ways.
    - When Glyphed properly, our "BRez" (Rebirth) is the most effective of all, bringing the player back with full health.

- Having an unpredictable Crowd Control. Root could be useful really if we were sure it would keep our target rooted for a stable amount of time. It's frustrating not knowing when the mob will "entangle" himself between the time you cast your root and it's supposed total duration. In overall, having to constantly check on your rooted target makes you less effective as a raid healer.
    - Having to use a glyph in order to get rid of our reagents for Rebirth
    - Having to pass on interesting talents from other trees because they aren't on the "first 5 points" up top.
    - The lack of interesting Major and Minor Glyphs for the Feral DPS spec.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    - Our lack of static rotation IS GREAT! I love it! For a Restoration druid it's very refreshing to be able to adapt any rotation spells to the current fight, which is constantly changing depending on the combat situation you're in.

- My wish as already been granted, which was to take out our " infinite spam healing" from BC and WotLK. Healing in those two expansions was boring to the bone. I enjoy having to match my healing to the fact that yes, it does burn mana! ;) Needless to say, what keeps me into this game is the challenges I get from playing my class.

- Sooth is the spell I used the least. It's not very useful, unless you want to pick up that plant without having to fight the beast that roams around it :P

Extra: in post #1027, Druid Eôns suggest to have a "Dryad form" instead of a tree form. I totally agree that it would be visually more aesthetic, (and there is already a model for both male and female, and with a wide range of colors) and also realistic, in the sense that all our other forms are animalistic. Being a dryad makes more sens than being a tree...
    Edited by Guenesta on 9/13/2011 8:24 AM PDT
    100 Night Elf Druid
    I want to preface my comments with a clarification: I am a resto druid, while I recently made a boomkin spec, it is only for solo questing, etc. I have not ever played any other druid class and so my comments will solely be about healing.

Mainly, I am a PvE player, although I occasionally will do PvP.

I love healing, so any and all of the above 

Random Battlegrounds

Blizzard has done very well incorporating add-ons in the UI system – I would like to see something similar for healing. I have used Healbot and Vuhdo, but I do not really like adding to the game and would love to see Blizzard incorporate something similar to their UI. I enjoy being able to heal via mouse clicks while on the run and not having to click the individual and hit buttons on the keyboard. Maybe this should be under the wish list section, but I think it would add to the quality of life for the healers and since Blizzard was able to make the raid frames UI, maybe they could find a way to incorporate this too 

I love being able to heal while “on the go” – LB, WG and Rejev – make it nice being a druid.

I realize that druids are hybrid classes and as such cannot / should not match the healing output of the pure class healers, but I would like to see an “OH SH^&” button. Something that could heal an individual for about half their health, with maybe a cool down – similar to the Pally “Lay On Hands”. With the current health of players, some of the best heals won’t come close to that in a single cast.

Due to the number of spells druids have – LB, WG, Rejev, HT, SM, NS, RG, and Nourish – The current array allows for flexibility and individual choices and in my opinion is nice.

Relatively short list (and not in any order of preference):
    1. Tree – form permanent.
    2. Talent tree – there are no choices – a good healer is a cookie cutter image of the next. There were advantages to having a variety of options. I miss the individuality of the choices.
    3. Some type of “Oh Sh%^” button.
    4. Remove crits from healing. While it is great to see a HUGH heal fly by, it isn’t reliable and not something I care about personally. I tend to reforge away from crit, because I would rather have knowledge of my capabilities without having to number crunch the possibility of what I might be able to do.

Regrowth. It has its advantages; they just don’t happen a lot, so this is my least used spell.
    85 Tauren Druid
    Both.

Progression Raiding and Heroics.

Battlegrounds. Very rarely I will do Arenas for points.

I loved that cat/bear forms got re-vamped a while ago and more customization was added to them. I'd like even more customization for Female Tauren, although that's technically a race change I'd like to see and not a class specific change. But we only have like 5 hairstyles! And as a Resto Druid, I get to see my "caster form" all the time now (which I also love!) Also, I like the new Resto mastery a whole lot better now than what it was at the beginning of Cata.

I love being a Druid because we're a class that can do absolutely everything (tank, melee & ranged DPS, and heal), and we have cool forms for each role! I love healing on my Druid because I like the mix of HoTs and direct heals we have at our disposal.

N/A

I enjoy it. Like I mentioned earlier, I like the new Mastery that Resto Druids were given with patch 4.2. Making sure I cast some direct heals to buff my HoTs is a great idea; I love our balance of both types of healing spells.

Nothing specific, really. I'd like to see more form customization for Moonkin, perhaps.

Teleport: Moonglade), Soothe, Hibernate, and Thorns.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]