Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I focus on raiding i am about half way through the heroic raid content.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The biggest issue is not having a mana efficient fast casting heal as nourish was in wrath.

What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to keep up multiple players and the tank at the same time.

What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to perform well in certain raid encounters because of my class' abilities.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The rotation and priority system is adequate and the healing output is good, like i mentioned earlier the direct healing is not even close to efficient as other classes and not as powerful either.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Nourish needs a reduced cast time, thats all.

What spells do you use the least? Nourish!
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Differentiate between Feral cats/possibly bears (custimization would be nice)

What makes playing your class more fun?
Shape shifting (being a cat :3)

What makes playing your class less fun?
I look like any level 8 druid.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Great, however it deteriorates a bit when in front of the boss.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Customization of feral forms (I would settle for even the ability to change collars)

What spells do you use the least?
Soothe and Thorns
Edited by Sooba on 9/13/2011 11:44 AM PDT
90 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

PvE: 10m non-heroic raids and heroic dungeons.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Being unable to battle rez or Soothe as a tank without a good chance of getting killed or at the very least stressing out my healers with a large un-mitigated hit. The battle rez is by far the most important of the two.

The three GCDs to place mushrooms is prohibitive in the middle of combat. There are many fights where by the time you've laid down three mushrooms and are ready to detonate, the mob(s) have been moved to another spot to avoid dangerous fight mechanics. I would like to see them redesigned to be more useful in heavier movement fights.

Challenging Roar needs to be redesigned to not miss so often. It's a major frustration to have it miss and then have it on CD. I don't use it frequently, but when I do, I really need it to work.

There is only one Troll bear form that I like. I appreciate the idea behind the bright colors (I love troll hair and the wildness it conveys), but I feel like it's too comical and I can't take myself seriously as a bright green bear. I'd like to see the theme remain, but maybe redesigned to be a bit more subdued.

It would be really nice to have some sort of visual cues on our combat forms (kitty, bear, and moonkin) to distinguish players as they progress in levels. I don't feel quite as badass standing next to full tier wearing toons in the same visual form that I've been playing in since level 10. I have no desire for the forms to be taken away, or made a CD. I would be ok with the choice to glyph into a form permanently during combat or not. I can't imagine not tanking as a bear, but I could see some days where I would choose to play moonkin as a troll instead of a big boring bird.

Versatility and options. I feel like I get more out playing a druid than I do any other class. I have so much utility and value with any group I am in. I really like that so much gear can be shared among the specs. It makes me feel like I can walk into any group and do whatever they need with only two sets of gear in my bags.

Instant flight is like crack. I crave it on every other toon I have. I love being a gatherer on a druid, though it would be nice to mine in flight form as well. The bat flight form is great; I really love the look of it and don't feel that it looks silly.

All of our forms are fun to get and use. I enjoy running around as a fat bear or a sleek kitty. While moonkin form is a little outdated, it's still fun to have.

Feeling like I don't have way to seperate myself visually from a level 15 bear during combat.

The Eclipse mechanic is definitely interesting and different from other casters that I've played, but I feel like it's really unforgiving for people that are new to moonkin. It's taken me a long time to get some good numbers out of playing my Moonkin and it was really frustrating for a while.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As a bear, I feel that the rotation is fine. It's interesting without being unnecessarily complicated. I wouldn't mind the addition of one or more two utility spells. I've been tanking on a Paladin for years and when I tank on my bear, I feel like I have a lot less buttons to consider during fights. This mostly relates to defensive and raid CDs as opposed to threat/damage spells.

I feel like the Moonkin rotation is intimidating, but I don't know if that's a class issue or a player issue (I am not the best at DPS).

Visual clues to distinguish players from one another while in a combat form.
    More options for troll bears/kitties that aren't so obnoxious.
    Any kind of change to the visual of aqutic and moonkin form, but not a permanent removal of the form.
    Mining in flight form.

As bear: Soothe, Brez
As moonkin: Innervate on anyone but myself
General: Teleport: Moonglade
I would edit my initial post but now I can't find it amongst the sea of other posters but I wanted to add something to my wishlist.

Awhile ago, I had an idea for Insect Swarm. Why is it that Moonfire can morph into Sunfire to gain the damage bonus from Solar Eclipse, but Insect Swarm can't morph into something to benefit from Lunar Eclipse? Doesn't seem very "balanced" (Pun intended).

Make Insect Swarm something like, Star Flurry when in Lunar Eclipse and have it share the same talent as Sunfire. This would make Lunar Eclipse more attractive to stay in because as of right now, it's all about Solar Eclipse because both dots benefit from it.

Something else I would like to see is to make Lunar Eclipse AoE more worthwhile. Bring back the splash damage of Stafall but make it so it can only be used during Lunar Eclipse.
Edited by Lazurturkey on 9/13/2011 12:03 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I am really only interested in PvE although on occasion I will PvP but that is few and far between.
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I tend to enjoy Dungeons both reg/hero, raiding and questing
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] If I PvP it is eiter by mistake or the occasional BG.
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. The poor functioning of AOE Spells
What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to play each role cohesively.
What makes playing your class less fun? The recent adjustments that were meant for PvP that totally messed up the PvE experience.
What’s on your wish list for your class? I would like to see the mushrooms easier to deploy, and return Starfall to a true AOE remove the caveat "in combat with"
What spells do you use the least? Hibernate
85 Night Elf Druid
Just so you know, I am first and foremost a Moonkin.

PvP

The only PvE I do is solo old content and holiday bosses.

Mainly just BGs. Occasionally some world PvP, whenever I run into it.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
(I don't entirely understand this question, but I'll do my best) It would be nice to have more visual customization for Moonkin form. As it is we only get to see our weapon. It would be amazing to see our armor :) Also Having to have a completely different armor set depending on which spec I'm using at the moment is very annoying.

I love that we are great for soloing and I love that we can do anything! Even using my Balance spec, I can heal a bit when needed, and use stealth, both of which are a blessing in PvP. We also have a bit of CC and we have Remove Corruption and Faerie Fire. We can ressurect and teleport to Moonglade! And if I want to play differently, all I have to do is switch specs.

There are a few things...
1. Eclipse is annoying. I like that it keeps you switching between nature and arcane spells, and i love sunfire! But it stinks that half the time, you don't get the extra damage.
2. In PvP we are too easily controlled. If my medallion is on cooldown, I have no controll, and am at the emeny's mercy, which is not a fun place to be.
3. If I have to switch out of form to heal myself, I feel like I'm at a major weakness. Normally I don't even live long enough to heal.

Seems fine to me.

Visual customization for Moonkin form
I want the old Thorns back. I miss it so much!
For Solar Beam to not be so easy to get out of.

Soothe and Cower

All in all I love being a druid, and although there are a few changes that would be nice, the druid class seems pretty good to me.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I only have limited experience in druid, and most people her esum it up better than I can.. so my wishlist item:

being able to customize the look of our forms. everyone looks the same when they transform.

It doesn't really add or take away from teh game, but would basically let the players have a bit of personalization. Think of it as transmorgrafication (sp?) for those who are mostly in their forms
90 Night Elf Druid

PVP

Arena and Rated BGS

Feels very dynamic, a lot of options. Shape-shifting, Tree form, Being able to do some dps in Tree Form, mobility. The challenge of deciding to heal or prevent damage with cyclone. Versatility of cyclone. Tranquility change.

Too many globals too get hots rolling on a target, switches are too powerful against druids especially in an arena setting. Too easy to kill without using major cd's.

Fun

-Druids are just falling behind other healers in arena. It's too easy to setup up a kill on a druid and more than not they don't really have much of a choice. It needs to be easier to switch hots around or they need to be buffed for pvp.
-Perhaps an ability that allows 3 stacks of lifeblooms in one gcd on a medium cd. Swiftmend could apply a hot. Regrowth buffed as its not used in pve much due to mana cost.
-When you get switched to by 2 or more dps and a healer dispelling you, it takes far too much time to try and kite and get 3 stacks of lifeblooms up and probably other hots it's too hard. You need 3 stacks up on your partner because he is taking a ton of damage and you have to spend every global cc'ing and hotting them and then you get switched to and you are totally hosed. Even with barkskin the instant the switch takes place you need to spend 3 globals to even start to heal yourself and lifebloom does the kind of healing that rogues recuperate does.

Healing touch, nourish
1. I focus heavily on both PvP and PvE
2. PvE- I do dungeon and Heroics until i can raid then I raid regularly with my guild!
PvP- I arena (2s, 3s and 5s), also i have been getting into Rated Battle Grounds.
3. I miss travel form having a purpose, i would like to see a speed increase on that.
Cower needs to be area effect.
4. I only play Feral, i enjoy shifting forms as a utility when needed. Cat form is my most favorite to play, i like the bleeds and keeping all of them current along with savage roar.
5. In PvE when targets are unreachable by melee (target flies, sits up top stairs flowing with poison) when ranged get to continue fighting while applying fight mechanics.
In PvP being snared constantly. I feel the 2 speed bursts should break more snare abilities, constantly being kited around makes playing less fun.
6. The Feral rotation is awesome, i feel like it has a lot of flexibility on the choices you make but those choices have consequences in your game play, which is very good to have!
7. My wishlist for the druid, i like the diversity in characters in WoW... I really liked the Fire-Cat look from the FL staff! more ideas like this would go a long way! I would also like to see more choice in gear reforging/enchants/or gem'ing i dislike how there are caps that must be met to optimize your character. gear should give you flexibility whether you focus more on bleeds and DoTs OR go a more physical hit route with harder hits. They should compliment how you Spec your character. An idea would be, have more than one mastery that can be chosen, example druids can gain more damage % on bleeds, or chose to gain more damage % on instant damage abilities.
90 Tauren Druid
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

10 man Heroics

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

For me I guess the biggest is Wild Mushrooms. I love the aoe damage they do, but requiring 3 GCD's to drop them during movement intensive fights kills my dps. Especially if the tank has to move the adds away. Obviously if all 3 dropped at once that would increase dps and require a nerf to the damage, but some way to fix it would be nice.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

Hands down the versatility of the class. I love resto/Boomkin and I'm slowly working on getting my feral spec working to acceptable levels in raids. So much fun.

* What makes playing your class less fun?

Nothing to speak of that makes it less fun. Always ways to make myself better which is nice for the class.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is great. Love it. Wouldn't change it. I love the subtle nuances that can make a good boomkin and great one.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

A cooldown for balance which lets your next mushroom detonation or starfall count as if it were in an eclipsed state. I wouldn't mind that. Definitely would help when I am not in the right eclipse phase for a burst aoe situation.

* What spells do you use the least?
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE exclusively. I'll be the first to admit I can't outsmart players that well.

Heroics, raids, quests, anything that will give me an achievement or is fun.

N/A

I can't really think of any.

I play a druid because I love being able to shapeshift. Probably the little girl inside me but when I started playing I was like "Oooh I can be a kitty? SOLD!" I'm not even a cat person.

It isn't a problem anymore in Cata, but in WoTL no one wanted me for raids because I was feral and refused to change. That's not something that can really be fixed, though. Just people issues.

It can be a bit complicated when I'm moving around a lot and can't keep up my bleeds.

Being able to cast certain spells in Cat/Bear form. Like Hibernate, the battle rez, cleanse, innervate. Just because it's annoying to have to shift out to cast and shift back. Especially in the middle of battle when every second counts and those few seconds could mean a huge drop in damage output. Another thing would be being able to cast even an instant cast heal in Cat form so I don't have to bear heal or switch to elf just to heal up a little. I don't see this ever happening because it would probably give Druids too much of an advantage, especially in PvP, but again. Just a wishlist.
Also, would love some armor looks for Cat/Bear form. I know people have been asking forever. It would just be nice to be able to distinguish

Cower, Pounce, Innervate [because I'm not switching out of cat form to give a whiny healer enough to cast one spell. Really isn't worth it. I'd rather use a few seconds to cast tranquility. It would probably provide more healing then my crappy little Innervate does.] and pretty much any healing spell that isn't Tranquility or the instant cast [I honestly can't remember the name, just the icon.]
85 Tauren Druid
Hex
What type of content do you focus on?

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids

Cosmetics in general. There's incalculable different ways for everybody to look cool come next patch, yet Moonkins have 1 look, and cats like 8.

I love the cat rotation and movement speed, but the ability to be a Moonkin on a fight that either favors range or requires more attention then one can spare while being a Cat is a great option.

1. Skull Bash requires 25 Energy, or 15 if you wear PvP Gloves. This is horrible when you need to Interupt as a Cat.
2. Being caught outside of Solar Eclipse when it's time to AoE. Having no way to actually trigger eclipse with an AoE Spell while simultaneously having no AoE that benefits from Lunar eclipse is a pain in the !@#. It's also very frustrating to rely on Mushrooms in any case that the mobs move around.
3. Starfall in general is rather unfun. If you get too much haste and poor Starsurge procs you fall behind using it in tandem with Lunar Eclipse. It also doesn't help that you cannot control what you hit with it, and that in order to maximize damage with it you need three $%^-*!@ glyphs, including 2 majors (Starfall, Starsurge, Focus), and have to be at half of normal caster range.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I absolutely love the engaging rotation of Cat, constantly gambling on Clearcasting and Crits.

In terms of Moonkin, I feel it's rather lackluster. You don't react to anything, and your timing in a fight after fighting trash is all kinds of screwed up. Also see AoE mention from above.

Cosmetic Options, and more AoE Eclipse interaction. Would also love for Cower to have some secondary effect like Feint to make it worth using.

Hurricane, Cower, Pounce, Maim, Hibernate, Nourish.
Edited by Smellybovine on 9/13/2011 12:34 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both.
PvE balance
PvP restoration

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics.. I wish raids. But I don't often have the time.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
2s is my main thing. I also do rated BGs if I have the time and find a group.

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Hmm.. I don't like that as balance spec I have to switch to boom kin before I can even cast. It slows us down in bus and world PvP.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
I LOVE moving around. Thats what makes restoration such a fun spec in PvP. So many instant casts.. its the best!

-What makes playing your class less fun?
Being a big owl. Big owls are big targets. :/

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think the eclipses are fun and interesting - theres so many ways to go about it. I'm happy with it. Restoration doesn't really have a rotation, but neither does any healing class anyway.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
I know theres a lot of people for both sides.. but, I would just like SOME way to alter my appearance as balance. With transmogrification coming, as a balance druid I'm quite jealous that I won't be able to see my changes.. Its just kind of pointless in that regard. It might even cause me to dump balance and just stick with restoration - I'm just really big into customization. I don't really like being stuck in a form.

As Balance: Hurricane, faerie fire.
As Restoration: Nourish, Wrath, Starfire.
90 Night Elf Druid

PVP since 08.

All of them, but mostly arenas/BGs

Not using costumes or cosmetic stuff in forms, it gets old since we're stuck staring at our forms for most of the gameplay.

Unique things we used to do, like shifting out of roots, ect.. however it was overpowered.

homogenization

It's good at the present time.
Boomkin becoming viable in high end PVP, and resto druid being able to compete also.

Roots, I use it mostly for instant feral procs, however as Resto and Boomkin they are generally useless, Nature's grasp is what I use the most.
90 Troll Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mainly PvE some PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic 25m as Balance, occasionally resto or bear in raids, more in heroic 5mans

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Bg's

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Not needing to plan our rotation 45-50 seconds in advance of needing to aoe and sometimes having to significantly reduce our dps just to line up a competitive ability to AOE. Being outside of Solar is such a huge hit to our ability to AoE effectively right now that you need a very advanced understanding of all of the timing of your personal raid in a particular encounter to hope to go through a normal rotation and end up in solar at the right times to AoE.

On the move DPS is also fairly low since the lunar shower nerf, I can hope for a shooting stars proc (only if it won't take me out of an eclipse I need for AoE), refresh dots maybe if it's the right time to do so (overwriting w/ uneclipsed dots being a dps loss), or plant mushrooms vs a target that I may or may not know where it's going.

Treant's from Force of Nature needing to get buffs after they are summoned to be as effective, I have to fight with my raid group to get enough advanced warning to pop trees before bloodlust or they miss a huge amount of damage, and they need to be battle shouted and the like to get all of those buffs, which is totally unrealistic for the raid to go out of it's way to buff temporary minions vs normal dps rotations. They should just inherit those buffs from me if I summon them with them up.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The eclipse mechanic as a whole, especially with how it has been tying in with glyphs and our tier set bonuses, I greatly enjoy the changes to our rotation as haste breakpoints and set bonuses are achieved. I enjoy the attention our aoe rotation requires for things like lanes of spiderlings on Beth where you swap between multi doting and a strong short aoe cd.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

the lack of parity in AoE options between Solar and Lunar eclipse, there isn't a reliable aoe I can pop in lunar that keeps up with damage in solar. Something like spellstorm dmg from hurricane would go a long way to helping there.

Also starsurge hitting like a wet noodle now. It's only worth casting outside of an eclipse now w/ 4t12 if it gets you to your next eclipse faster than casting another starfall would by half a second.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love the rotation, I feel like there is a significant amount of nuance to the play style to really put out top dps numbers on a fight, though some aspects are quite punishing if messed up (non solar aoe) and I like how the 4set bonuses for the last 2 tiers have adjusted the rotation and glyph choices.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

A long (5m+) CD that could push you into an eclipse for situations with required AoE while not being something short enough that you have to just use it on CD every time to skip as many non-eclipsed chunks of rotation as possible.

# What spells do you use the least?

Hurricane hands down, the mana cost vs damage is so high and the damage is pretty low, the only time I ever pop it is on adds in rag p2 after mushrooms just to get out of there before second mushroom cd is up and I have to use my own innervate just to sc##*! through doing that 3-4 times.
85 Tauren Druid

I'm a moonkin for future reference

■What type of content do you focus on?
PVP- Rated Battlegrounds, Reg Battlegrounds, 2v2, 3v3

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Not being able to heal in Moonkin Form. Our damage medigation is horrible to begin with, and when we pop out of boomkin form to heal we lose our damage reduction and spell damage loss.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Versatility of being a druid.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
*****What makes my class THE LEAST FUN is not Bieng viable in high end pvp****** Not having ranged stuns as a moonkin, and the 1v1 aspect of dueling as a moonkin. Moonkins get owned a good percentage of the time. Also the fact that Both moonkins dots are dispellable.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Im Pretty happy with the rotation of my boomkin. The only thing i can think of is why Sunfire takes solar energy away when speced in lunar shower, i think that was a very dumb thing to do!

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Abetter use for Faerie Fire
-A ranged stun would be nice, espcially since warlocks/mages/Hunters have one.
-Healing in Moonkin Form
-Better Damage medigation while in moonkin form
- Instant root cast back, If speced in Fungal Growth
- Instant cast cyclone, "Why Ferals' have this i have no idea"
-Insect Swarm, Moonfire ; When both are on a target they become indespellable, or add another dot on the target.
-Damage buff with treants

* What spells do i use the least?
-Soothe
- Scare Beast
-Cower
-Teleport to Moonglade
- Faerie Fire
Edited by Hetamue on 9/13/2011 12:50 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Rp. Casual pve and pvp.

Heroics and some raids.

Random battlegrounds and casual 2v2.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.[/b]
Lack of customization. I loved healing as a tree to be honest and I wish it could be an optional form. Moonkin, travel, and aquatic forms feel very old and outdated. If tree form was taken out so druids could enjoy their armor why not do the same for balance? The new tree form looks awesome and it's short duration time does not do it justice. I feel as a druid I can't enjoy the fun outfits other players can. I feel with the introduction of transmogrification we should be able to customize our forms. Since you can really only enjoy it as a resto druid at the moment. Fandral's Flamescythe is awesome and I think there should be more items like it. Although the cat/bear forms are new they start to feel old after you look at them constantly without change for a prolonged period of time. Imagine if you'r character was still wearing t10 from WOTLK up until now.

Being versatile really. I like healing then jumping into cat to stealth or bear for a frenzied regeneration to save some mana. The ability to perform so many different roles.

Being stuck in my bland moonkin form.

3 stacks of lifebloom feels redundant and annoying. Balance rotation is unique and fun.

Perhaps a shielding ability to prevent a small amount of damage much like the abilities other healers have (Power word:shield, Stoneclaw, ect.)

Teleport: Moonglade. Could we please have a reason to go there again?
85 Tauren Druid

PvE. I am Resto and will speak to that spec only.

All of the above, but I'll prioritize as Raids first, and then everything else. (I do Heroics because I have to; I do old content and achieves because I like to.)

A threat-reduction cooldown would be AMAZING.

The variety, the lack of a set rotation, the mobility while healing (or at least... what's left of it).

Because of the way our heals work, we're most effective when we're prepared for damage, and we're a lot less effective when we're not. This translates into one of two consequences: spend a lot of time outside of playtime researching fights to know when damage is likely to get heavy before you see it, or spend a lot of time wiping while you figure it out. One's boring, one's frustrating. Neither are gamebreaking or I'd have rerolled. ;)

Also it's worth noting, healing is less fun without tree form. Sad but true. =(

As noted, trees don't really have a set rotation, which is awesomesauce.

It would be really nice to have more than, oh, 2 "optional" talent points to spend... talent trees get very locked into an "ideal" spec and I'd love to see some of the "must-have" talents be more accessible so a few "fun" talents can be had, too. Especially since some talents have become so lackluster they're barely worth picking up (Living Seed, Nature's Bounty).

Would also really love a threat reduction CD. Currently my "well sht, I pulled heal aggro" response is Barkskin+pray, lol. xD

Speaking of which, I wish we could Barkskin people other than ourselves. Damage reduction CD is also awesome. =/

Nourish seems mostly pointless; HT is a significantly bigger heal for a tiny bit longer cast, and Regrowth is a tiny bit smaller for a much faster cast. With CC proccing as often as it does, it's easy to ignore Nourish almost entirely.
90 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-- PvE, questing, collecting, raiding (non-heroic still). Some PvP as I am getting better at it and Tol Barad is very fun! My main spec is healer, off spec is balance (boomkin).
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
--Raids (non-heroic), I do enjoy questing and lore related items. I also collect pets.
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
--I like the world area of Tol Barad (Winterspring was not so much fun), battlegrounds. I have only participated in a few rated battlegrounds, but it was enjoyable.
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
--As healer it was nice to have an emergency button for my healing buddy (a priestess) for raiding- as in having an innervate available for her. I think druids get a better deal out of intellect and spirit than priests since I have considerably more mana than she does and we are about equivalent in gear. I like that it gives us a better bonus to use ourselves in a way, it reminds me of healing 5 mans back when I started in classic, but overall we worked rather well as a team with shared resources (hymn of hope in her case). I'm not sure this really counts as "quality of life" but it did make team healing work rather well.
--As balance, I'd have to agree with a few of the above posters with mushrooms. I am not yet skilled enough to place them exactly right on the fly and I've been known to cause adds to come because I wasn't paying enough attention to how far out the last mushroom was. Seperating them is nice for multiple targets on a quest but in dungeons (I don't raid as boomkin) placing 3 then detonating sure causes a large lag in damage potential.
■What makes playing your class more fun?
--Healing: tranquility not having a 10 minute cooldown, the new tree form (I always wanted to look like the ancients instead of the treants), resource management and cooldown management. I"m probably odd that I like figuring out what I can do and when to blow the cooldowns to save our butts, but healing is the most fun part of being a druid. I also like the versatility even though I've spent little time in bear and cat form.
--Balance: typhoon, mushrooms blowing up low levels, starfall. Oooh, and rooting and silencing the horde mages. (Heehee.)
■What makes playing your class less fun?
--Some of the disparity between the cata heroics and the initial level of mana given on gear. I like that the new dungeons (and subsequently the zandalars) were difficult, but for a period of time, the gear seemed very inadequate for the intense healing needed. I like a challenge, but not a game of how much frustration I can handle before I call it a night. I crafted the gear I could, and bought new items as soon as I had the points, but it took a while before I felt a great deal of confidence with the new healing system.
--Being in tree form all the dang time was annoying. I like the tree but I also like being a night elf. Some form had to have us as an elf; it could have been boomkin but I'm rather happy the developers picked healing. I'm not sure that changing it so other forms worked the same way would actually be workable, but why design armor if the only time we see it is when we are standing around?
■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
--Healer: not really a rotation to speak of, but I enjoy all the aspects of the different spells.
--Balance: I don't really have an issue with the rotation on balance, although sometimes it does seem slow compared to my warlock or mage. I like the eclipse bar in the sense that it makes you change the spells you would use, but I think some sort of haste buff in lunar might be nice since starfire is a slower spell than wrath. It might make the going back and forth faster.
■What’s on your wish list for your class?
--No more dumb antlers for head pieces (*Pout*). I like the bird-ish ones much better.
--Some sort of defensive cooldown for healing. Something similar to anti-magic shield, or the priest shield, or even something akin to barkskin that we can use on the tank or other member that took too much damage. It's nice to have big heals, but some sort of "save your !@#$" button once in a while would be handy.
■What spells do you use the least?
-Cyclone (Although I think that means I'm not very good at PvP which is true at times)
-soothe
-anything feral
- healing wise: I use all the spells regularly but nourish would be least used in the rotation. I only really use it when I know a little heal will be enough as a filler, so I can start casting while everyone is fine and then just cast it a few times. If it's cast time was a little shorter, I would use it more often but for the same time, I'd rather just use healing touch and recover the mana with spirit/trinkets/innervate if I'm low.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]