Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Warlock
Altaholic with druid main: ignore the character to left.

I broke it down into feral bear and kitty, moonkin and heals cause they are each VASTLY different playstyles despite all being under the header druid. Dont trick yourself into thinking that it isnt true.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Feral (bear): pve dungeons on alt while leveling
Feral (kitty): pve and pvp
Moonkin: quested from 80-85 after cata as moonkin. few pve groups during leveling
Heals: Pvp and pve

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
General: heroic dungeons seem to be on par with raids in the "know your stuff" jump from regular to heroic dungeons pretty huge.
Feral (bear): dungeons at level, quests at/near level on alt
Feral (kitty): heroics, looking to raid shortly after another piece or two of gear.
Moonkin: dungeons at level during 80-85
Heals: regular dungeons after hitting 85

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Feral (bear): battlegrounds during leveling process on alt
Feral (kitty): occassionally bg when I get thrown in there mid battle. have started to collect a pvp set for feral though.
Moonkin: battlegrounds at level 70. Yeah, moonkin pvp isnt my cup of tea.
Heals: battlegrounds while leveling from 80-85 plus after leveling completion. Possible RBG character.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Feral (bear): lack of profession item creation in form
Feral (kitty): lack of profession item creation in form, official Feral (cat) and not Feral (kitty)
Moonkin: not a fan of the balence power.
Heals: I am good.

What makes playing your class more fun?
General: Shift to kitty for dash
Feral (bear): shift to kitty for dps
Feral (kitty): shift to bear in a pinch
Moonkin: able to heal in a pinch
Heals: jumping while healing, helps relieve stress.

What makes playing your class less fun?
General: jack of all trades? bear = warrior, kitty = rogue.
Feral (bear): Multishot for hunters at 24.
Feral (kitty): positional requirements not reflected in all melee classes.
Moonkin: balence power
Heals: casted heals

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Feral (bear): decent with swipe 3 sec cd and lower learning level.
Feral (kitty): on longer fights prior to the 25% threshold for blood in the water's ferocious bite to refresh rip I find that I am holding out on a ferocious bite to refresh a rip on a target. I dont understand why the threshold is applied to ferocious bite if the rotation without cooldowns (on cd) cant support both ferocious bite and rip and as such we are sitting at full combo points waiting on rip to get to a point where we can refresh it when we could have just bit the mob and also refreshed rip. I guess it would be similar to rogue poisons, after they have a stack of the one poison on the target it will instead apply the damage of the other poison (not taking into account abilities that strip the poison for quick damage). They dont even have to think about it, the dps after the initial application just continues to happen as long as they are autoattacking.
Moonkin: not currently playing but watching patch notes.
Heals: Regrowth hot wasted when needing to quick heal twice. hots in general are really pretty worthless unless they are wild growth or lifebloom. I tend to fall into the pattern of the three heals now and it is a shame.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Feral General: a raid cd that isnt tied to a specific spec or changes with your spec. innervate = feral worthless. tranquility = slightly less feral worthless.
Feral (bear): Rageless feral charge (bear), the bear is based on the warrior but we still have to use rage to charge instead of gaining rage from our charge. thorns castable without form change.
Feral (kitty): I am still finding ferocious bite frequently does less damage than the tooltip shows on a straight hit (no resists, absorbs, deflects, glancing blows). It confounds me. thorns castable without form change.
Moonkin: taking into account moonkin play and my lack of it I am gonna decline wishing for moonkin things. as moonkin, if I am getting hit i am doing it wrong, I dont need thorns, why is thorns a moonkin talent?
Heals: hotless quick heal.

What spells do you use the least?
Feral General: predetory strikes free nature based non instant spell.
Feral (bear): non feral bear spells. thorns.
Feral (kitty): non feral or heal spells. thorns.
Moonkin: feral spells. thorns.
Heals: feral spells. thorns.

and yes. I brought up thorns. a most usesful talent for a feral locked into a moonkin.
Trimmed 4K characters off this.
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? I am an ex-raider. These days my focus is alts.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Was working on hard mode 25 man raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP? I'm a casual pvper at best on my druid. Mainly non-rated battlegrounds when I feel like destroying someone with low resilience. Stress relief.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Shapeshift no longer breaking roots was and still is a HUGE pain in the !@#. Definitely not happy with that change. Not having a reliable way to corral casters, as a tank. No ranged silence SUCKS.

What makes playing your class more fun? Knowing that I'm a change of gear and spec away from performing any role in the game with competence and excellence. Being able to turn into an animal (this was the sole reason I chose druid as my first character many years ago).

What makes playing your class less fun? With the massive versatility comes far less of the very specialized tools, a la Vanish, Fade, Invisibility, Feign Death (primarily talking threat drops here, obviously, but many examples exist).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I am exceptionally comfortable with both balance and feral cat rotations, although bear is rather spammy. The lacerate x3 then pulverize then lacerate x3 is cumbersome and a slow startup, could be fixed by removing GCD on lacerate perhaps? Balance is intuitive if you read talent and spell descriptions, but cat is so gloriously precise that I couldn't possibly stay away from it for long. I'm least experienced with restoration and thus can't comment on it.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A -long- range silence in bear form. PLEASE! Every other tank has one. Also, tier that doesn't look like dead trees or bird skulls... and WTF was up with Lasherweave? More in the direction of Dreamwalker, Nightsong, and Malorne would be great.

What spells do you use the least? I actually use Teleport: Moonglade several times per day as a sort of second hearthstone. I never use Claw because of Mangle, or Cower because it's useless even when regularly worked into a rotation.

EDIT: WTB NON PLACEHOLDER TRAVEL FORM. FERREALS, !@#$'S OLD.
Edited by Calluna on 9/13/2011 4:49 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
Q: What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
A: Both

Q: If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
A: Heroics, Raids, Lowbie quests (for achievements and fun)

Q: If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

A: Arenas and BGs

Q: What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

A: Improvement being the use of cosmetic items and being able to show them off as a restoration druid. Issues... I can't really think of. I just miss my old permanent tree form, but I'll get over it.

Q: What makes playing your class more fun?
A: Multiple forms with their own emotes (that also look fabulous in design!), being able to run around and heal multiple targets without serious drawbacks using instant-casts, semi-fail safe healing rotation

Q: What makes playing your class less fun?
A: I didn't much like any of the other two DPS choices (feral cat and balance).

The Balance druid rotation was boring to me, because I am not too happy with casting the painfully slow Starfire in order to maintain a proper rotation, and applying two dots for almost the sole purpose of getting a chance-proc at a free cast Starsurge. It had a few fun aspects such as typhoon knock-back (which rarely came in use for pve) and the new Mushroom spell, but those fun abilities were excluded completely from rotation and a waste of a global CD to cast them. PvE dailies were a pain watching the starfire cast bar slowly crawl up with monsters hitting me and causing the duration to drag on even longer.

Feral cat druids just aren't my cup of tea, though they were designed fairly well and have their own unique play style even when compared to the next closest class, a Rogue. I dislike always having to be behind a target in PvE when mobs frequently turn around randomly or erratically during movement, and makes grinding a bit tougher, but again, it's mostly because I just don't like the type of playstyle.

Q: How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A: Restoration rotation is fun and simple enough to understand, with minor drawbacks when it comes to Efflorescence creating circles for players to stand in, but only those who are really bunched together in order to stay in the circle. I already explained that I hated Balance druid slow casting starfire as being a necessity of the rotation as the major flaw. I never played feral much, but from what I picked up on it, the complex rotation always keeps you busy which at times is fun, but the rotation is very unforgiving if you make a mistake. I found feral Bear tanking fun at times, but I soon dropped it because the rotation didn't change at all whatsoever regardless of the fight situation.

Q: What’s on your wish list for your class?

A: Besides permanent non-bearded tree form and a more graphically updated Aquatic form? I want something more special with the Living Seed proc since most crits are off of weak heals (nourish and regrowth) like a minor aoe... and something more snazzy to the darn Boomkin Starfire portion of the rotation like no knock-back!

Q: What spells do you use the least?

A: Healing Touch if it isn't paired with Natures Swiftness, any spell with a cast time longer than Regrowth while pvping (8 second lock-down is death!), and I don't play any other specs outside of healing anymore so no input there!

Final Notes: Thanks for the forum post Blizzard!
85 Night Elf Hunter
Well, the thing i don't like most about my druid, is that when 4.3 comes out all of the druid tier gear looks pretty bad, what i would LOVE in future updates is some cool druid tier gear. And I'm sure others would agree with me on that one.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Note: WIP. I will be updating this as I remember/come up with things.

Both, though mostly PvE.

Dungeons.

BG's.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

None really.

The variety is great.

My biggest peeve, something that the developers somewhat remedied with the removal of full time Tree of Life, is being forced into Moonkin form as Balance. Back in vanilla WoW I was a formless Balance Druid.

I love seeing my gear; that's all it comes down to. I'd love to be able to glyph out of Moonkin form. I'd even go so far as to sympathize with Resto Druids that want to stay in ToL form all the time. Let them glyph into that. This is the main reason I don't really play my Druid much.

The variety is limited for Feral. Bear tanking doesn't feel too different from tanking as another class. Feral doesn't feel too different from Rogue.

Balance and Resto are unique and fun.

Leveling as Feral and Resto can be really dull, though. Feral doesn't receive Rip until 46(?), Resto doesn't receive Lifebloom until BC/Wrath(?). These key abilities should be provided at a lower level to help get new players used to their abilities and add more of a challenge.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is okay. I'm always up for added complexity, though. Again, Feral is pretty dull due to the lack of abilities until 70+. Bear especially.

Let me see my gear by minor glyphing out of Moonkin Form. I'd even be up for allowing Tree of Life fans to minor glyph into Tree form all the time even though I don't want it.

Nothing unusual.
*What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-Both

*If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Heroics,Raids and Heroic Raids

*If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-BGs and 2's 3's in arena

*What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-For one there are not enough specs, being a hybrid class i tank in raids, i dps on one and play resto in arenas. There should be a minimum of 3 specs we should be able to use. Tree form needs to come back. This broccoli looking tree thing isnt working out. Druids have the hot theory and thats great 100% uptime on heals is awsome we never have to cast. However When we are put in a bad spot besides ns+ht were screwed. regrowth is a medium size heal that is quick, but our biggest heal take to long to cast. Its a known fact that druids are the weakest healers in arena, mind you i dont think its that bad. But we are the worst when, we have multiple targets at low health, and they need to be brought back up. Disentanglement should be given to all feral druids and berzerk should break fears. Warriors have it on a shorter cooldown and they get to use it. If anything nerf feral druid damage it it seems to be a problem. Shred in pve needs to be used in front of targets on several fights. Either limit it to only being aloued in pve environment or just nerf its damage and let ppl be able to use it front the front side of the target like you did with rogues. The insta cycloning from feral druids needs to go. I think thats rediculous. I think agility should give us armor, get rid of the bubble/mastery thing its terrible. Most druid tanks just take whatever they get from it but all stack dodge even with dr's.

*What makes playing your class more fun?
-The fact that i can shape shift and do different things depending on what form im in. I think its a really versatile class and i have been playing it since i started never thought of re rolling ever.
*What makes playing your class less fun?
-Look up
*How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As for cat i think the rotation isnt complicated, mind you im not a new player. But you have to keep track of a lot of thing. You dots, your combo points, your savage roar etc. If not done properly your gonna have some of these things fall off. The other thing is that we very often sit there and just shred with 5 combo points up because we have nothing to use it on. Sometimes you can get in a ferocious bite, but thats maybe twice per fight. Something needs to be done about that. Either nerf energy regen or make us use ferocious bite a little more. As for a tank i think pulverize is a waste get rid of it, either give the same buff with lacerate applicatios or just give us more crit. Maul should go back to what it was with no cooldown. As for the rest i think its fine.
*What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Bring back the druid of burning crusade best model ever. I also despise sharing loot with hunters and with rogues give me some items that have extra armor or a staff only for tanks or something.
Cower,tele to moonglade and claw
Edited by Pandazz on 9/13/2011 2:43 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvP

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• The "ramp-up" time of all of our spec's ability to do their job. Resto needs several GCDs to be efficient in healing, Balance needs to apply dots first then cast, Feral needs to apply bleeds.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Being viable in a pvp setting as Restoration or Balance.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Being unable to compete in arena.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Too much ramp-up time, not enough throughput(in PvP) compared to any other healer.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Removing Cyclone from the nature tree, perhaps another survival cooldown.

• What spells do you use the least?
[/quote]
Nourish is absolutely useless in PvP, Mushrooms, The speed boosts in cat and bear are trivial, the skull bash interrupts have too long of a cooldown and not enough range. Entangling roots are not worth casting anymore due to every class having several "outs" and every healer being able to dispel. Thorns is completely useless. Healing touch is only used with Nature's swiftness(rarely, the heal is so bad that it usually is a better idea to use it for cyclone).
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: Both PvE and PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Other.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: Arenas, and BG's.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I would love it if they corrected the color animal forms of the worgens. For instance, I have a worgen druid... when in cat form, is a brown lion with purple eyes, and when in bear form is white with green eyes. If I'm going to be a white bear with green eyes, then I should also be a white lion with green eyes. And the same applies with the other colors.

One of the many fun things about being a druid is that you can shapeshift into different creatures for travel. We can travel land, water, and sky with speed.

Not being able to heal in Moonkin form. I am a balance druid and I would love to be able to heal while maintaining the moonkin form. When I do PvP and sometimes when you have a melee class on you such as a rogue, warrior or death knight, it's difficult to escape. On top of that, when you're trying to heal yourself, you go back to regular form, and during this time (while the melee class is still on you) you're taking a bunch of damage cause you don't have moonkin form up which helps reduce damage.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is a bit of a pain at times, but I don't see any need for change at the moment.

I would love it if we had different travel forms other then cheetah. I have a bunch of ideas for this. Each race of druids should have their own different travel form that acts like a mount, we could have our friends as passengers. For example, Night elves would have a cat form (if still cheetah then the look should be upgraded). Worgen could be a wolf (Worg) form, similar to the Orc's mount. Trolls would be a raptor, and Tauren a Kodo. The speed of our form should go according to the speed of our regular ground mounts (similar to how the worgen run), apprentice, master, etc. However in a bg, the travel form speed should be that of what the cheetah form is now. (so it would be lowered, cause that wouldn't be fair to others of course). I hope that Blizzard would take this into consideration cause I think this would be awesome! :)

What spells do you use the least? Nourish and Soothe.

Please, gives us a glyph to change the moonking form to something optional. I just want to be able to be on caster form when i'm playing as balance. Transmog the gear and all the stuff and not seeing it is not fun ;(

My Druid is Muatoko, from Quel'Dorei.

;)

90 Night Elf Druid
I only have 1 thing to say, an it was summed up 100% in a previous post ....

I would LOVE to have the option for a cosmetic perma tree of life, even if it's only a visual on the user's end rather than impacting gameplay (Obviously if it was a server side change it would require a visual indication for PVP purposes for the cooldown portion, which I am not against either). Having a permanent Tree form again would be fantastic!

Druids are SUPPOSED to be in forms. Cat form for feral dps, bear form for tank, moonkin form for ranged dps. Caster form for tree? Doesn't quite fit if you ask me!
85 Night Elf Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids. Previously heroic raids but my guild is struggling to survive atm, so normals right now.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• DPS from behind requirement. I feel like a determent to my raid, and that is not fun. I sort of understand the requirement from a PvP perspective, but if you are going to continue to make bosses that REQUIRE me to stand in front of them (Staghelm, Al'Akir, Magmaw), then you NEED to suspend the requirement for that boss (as was the case with normal Chimeron for a time), else I'm effectively a wasted spot.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The complexity. Knowing that my constant practice and tweaking during fights will pay off in the end. Feral is a spec that requires constant scrutiny to get right, and the payoff has usually been worth it....

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• When the work doesn't pay off. When tuning at the beginning of the last two expansions made feral a poor choice. Relatively easily fixed, as you say, but the speed at which you guys respond doesn't make it seem like you find it easy :/

Key pieces of druid class being taken away for the 'benefit' of an aspect of the game I don't play.

As noted above, when your boss encounters specifically punish a raid for bringing me, whether for being a feral or melee in general.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Always have enjoyed it, but am sometimes disappointing that some classes seem to do less work for more benefit. Putting in twice the work for a nice payoff is great. Doing it for half the payoff is infuriating.

It'd be nice if the base UI were better at handling our rotation. Handling 3-4 debuffs that are tracked on one side of the screen, a buff and proc on the other, and cooldowns at the bottom - on top of watching for boss abilities and fire is probably a huge barrier to entry for new players. Right now I rely on a somewhat simple mod that collects all the information and places it in the center of the screen, and it's been a great boon.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I think you guys are going the right direction with items like the staff from Staghelm. We lack of customizability in the forms we use most - which will become even more obvious with transmog. I've also noticed more recently that we've been receiving flavor costume items that don't break on damage or shapeshifting. Yes, plz.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Tranquility and Innervate, if we're talking about ones I used to. In fact, all my healing spells don't really feel worth the time they take to cast. I realize that's sort of the paradox of the hybrid.... but as I leveled a second feral of the last few months, I was astonished that she could heal herself to full and keep moving, while my main (who is supposed to feel more powerful) has to stop and drink in order to regain health at any effective rate.

Thorns has also been neutered enough that I really should just take it off my bar. I found out last week that it overwrites the better thorns that the balance druids in my raid cast :/

In general though, I suppose I've never had a spot where Sooth made all the difference.
    Edited by Amyiss on 9/13/2011 2:58 PM PDT
    85 Troll Druid
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both (mainly PVP)

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    2v2 & 3v3 Arena, Bg as needed

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I do not feel as mobile due to all the roots and snares. Dk's desecration and chains mainly. I feel that as soon as I shift I have it on again. We are not able to compete in 3v3.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    I love being able to heal on the move. I love being mobile and healing with instants.
    ■What makes playing your class less fun?
    balancing around 3v3 without making druids able to compete. Being globaled on a switch. No reliable defensive CD's.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I feel that it takes too long to apply hots when a switch is needed.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Make forms more customizable or to show armor. Help with making us more mobile. As ghost wolf is now more mobile.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Nourish.Healing Touch.Soothe.
    85 Troll Druid
    Id like to see an increase in drop rates for class/spec mandated gear. Just because im moonkin and less people play that spec doesnt mean that warrior pally or death knight gear should drop a heck of a lot more often than mine does. If you look at Baradin Hold groups that are put together, youll notice there is generally not more than 1 of each class. People do this for the express reason that if their gear drops they dont want others of the same class to compete with. If this is happening, then how is it fair that there are higher drop rates for some classes and exceedingly low drop rates for others (I.E. Death Knight vs. Druid). I have yet to see a piece of druid gear drop from Occu'thar. But last time i ran it it was 2 of the same Death Knight tier pieces. It is completely unfair. PLEASE CHANGE THIS
    85 Troll Druid
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

No tree form derp
    85 Troll Druid
    PvE mostly
    Mostly questing and dungeons
    None
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Um, I'm pretty satisfied with what we got in that aspect
    Definitely the shapeshifting and maybe the versatility of being a tank, dps, or healer
    Nothing I can think of at the moment
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    It's pretty good
    Maybe a more powerful DoT spell. Moonfire and Insect swarm are good and I use them all the time, but a little more juice would make them better. That's just my thought though.
    Um, Barkskin, Remove Corruption, and Faerie Fire.
    85 Tauren Druid
    Restoration Druid
    PvE

Casual raiding, Heroic grinding, and questing.

Not applicable.

Lack of constant tree form was a huge blow to the Restoration tree, in my opinion. Since the release, I've managed to work around it, but having leveled Restoration since BC, I just forget to use the form at all in several critical moments. Another large issue I have is Lifebloom being single target only unless in tree form. This is usually the top heal which I use, and it's frustrating that I play a class that is revered for it's HoT capabilities, but avoid casting the other two main HoTs (not counting Wild Growth, which is a true boon) because they are not effective enough (in a pinch or otherwise) to be worth the hit to mana.

Before Cataclysm, I would have said that an endless mana pool was really what made this class more fun for me as a healer. I could run around even in some raid encounters just doing ridiculous things for the fun and challenge of it to see how long my mana pool would last through my antics (and we would still win.) Now, however, I would have to say that with MOST of the changes Cataclysm initiated, I like the challenge the most. Even if I'm over-geared for a certain instance, there's a much greater need for me to pay attention for fear of failure. A lot of players complain about how hard certain aspects of Restoration healing on a Druid are, but I think they brought back a lot of fun to the class.

How often I use ALL of my spells. Pre-Cata, I used every single one of my healing spells effectively, some reserved mostly for "holy crap we're dying" moments, but the point is that I used ALL of them. Now, a least three of my healing abilities lay completely untouched except in certain situations (i.e., Nourish, Rejuvination, and Regrowth - though the last is admittedly used more than the former two.) My rotation has become boring and predictable, and trying to viably use all of my spells in a single fight, sometimes a single instance, has been too haphazard to bother with.

I feel that Restoration Druids don't usually have a set rotation, as even the most praised of healer rotation strategies are not always applicable. As it stands, I am disappointed with my rotation because of reasons stated in more detail in the question posed above this; I can't use all of my spells effectively as I used to be able to do.

Travel form indoors would be nice (I read through a couple of the replies, I'll admit), and so would having a permanent Tree-Form back. I cast my lot, instead, with more statistically appropriate Restoration Druid gear, more effective Restoration glyphs (there aren't a whole lot to choose from and several are just slot fillers), and a more viable "rotation" that could include all of the spells...instead of three or four.

See above, but to recap (from least used to most used and only including healing spells); Rejuvenation, Tranquility (but that position makes sense),Tree Form, Swiftmend, Regrowth, Wild Growth, Healing Touch, and the beloved Lifebloom.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    PvE

Heroics

N/A

Keeping lifebloom up, its not hard, just annoying

Shape-shifting!

The druid playstyle seems a little restricted, for example, ferals need to keep up more temporary buffs than most classes, restro druids need to worry about mastery, lifebloom, and other hots, while balance has to worry about being in an eclipse mode to be able to do much dps (especially in PvP from what I've heard)

Feral is a little complex, which makes it fun at times, but annoying on short fights and if you're currently having an off day. Restro doesn't have a "rotation" but I mainly like the buttons I need to press at the right times to keep someone alive. Balance just seems boring, but maybe thats because I play a death knight and the last time I was balance, wrath was a 1 second cast.

A better flash heal (regrowth just doesn't do a good job as a flash heal), Balance being a less boring rotation, and, of course, active mitigation as a tank! :D

Soothe, Thorns, Teleport: Moonglade (not that that count), and of course, obsolete spells like claw. I probably missed a few spells that I use so little I can't even remember them now
    85 Human Death Knight

I usually do PvP since it is alot more fun and challenging

I don't PvE

I do every type of PvP

Well the first thing that would make feral druids ALOT more easier to manage is that if only when i go use prowl the action bar changes (just like if i go stealth on my rogue) and thats just me as resto i shouldnt be worrying about feral

Another thing that would help is that if the druids mastery was more of a HoT instead of a direct healing bonus (us resto droods barely use direct healing) and if the Regrowth ability just healed normally over 10k instead of relying on the critical chance of the talent point "Nature's bounty" which is annoying in arena when i try to use it and it heals for 7k non crit and the useless dot heals for the rest which cant keep up with dps.

The fact i can shapeshift to any form to try different attacks lol
    i like the fact that the druid is the only class with alot of HoTs

What makes it less fun is that when i am in cat form i have to make another action bar with a keybinding to switch the abilities for prowl mode
    Another thing is that when i look at other healers and when i look at my druid healer, it pretty much makes me want to stop playing druid since those healers can actually heal great in PvP and in PvE because they dont have to have the worry of "damn i hope my flash heal crits!" when im over here praying that my "Regrowth" has a chance of not critting and heals for a ridiculously low amount of health
    And also no perm tree form, was much better and made more sense with a tree.

my rotation seems ok but when there is too much damage going on me or to my team mate, i wont be able to much just only swiftmend and HoT's and try to get a successful Regrowth on him/her

I wish that you guys can automatically switch action bars when i use Prowl (just like a rogue when he uses stealth)
    Another thing is for resto druids to have better survivability in PvP or even in PvE and to give "Regrowth" a boost in more direct healing instead of the HoT you get after and reduce the HoT for Regrowth to balance the ability out :).

What spells do you use the least? [item="regrowth" /] [item="nature's bounty" /]
    Teleport: Moonglade
    Hibernate (i rarely use it in PvP since there is really not use for it only against other druids or hunter pets)
    Edited by Corpsey on 9/13/2011 3:42 PM PDT
    90 Tauren Druid

PvE. I only very rarely touch on PvP

Normal mode raiding

N/A

Mostly cosmetic stuff. I would love to see some visual representation of my gear on the bear, even if it's just something silly like goggles on the bear.

Also in line with cosmetic items, I would like for offset leather to more often complement druid pieces. T12 has been decent about that, but most tiers weren't.

I also wish the Tauren health racial was propped back up to even close to the avoidance racial NEs get, but that's more a general tanking issue than a druid issue.

Finally, having to shift out to use my raid utility is frustrating. Innervate is garbage now, and while Brez is still great, timing it without murdering yourself is an amazing hassle.

Shapeshifting remains a fun mechanic. Being a bear has always been great thematically, and the contrast between us and block tanks has always been interesting IMO. I actually like being the "simple tank," in that all we don't bother with shields and parry, and instead rely on just dodge and parrying with the face. :D

I also like the damage we deal out. While we aren't anywhere close to DPS numbers, it's nice to be able to put out decent numbers, and having Zerk as a DPS CD available in bear is a great thing in our toolset.

Lack of control over SD. Aside from keeping crit high with Pulverize, I have zero control over when SD prevents damage.

Lack of raid utility. Having to shift out means I cannot use Brez on a consistent basis, and innervate and thorns are not a good enough utlity to risk getting gibbed by a boss as I cast them.

Lack of interesting CDs. We have a last stand stand-in, a shieldwall stand-in, and a 1-min CD stand-in, that's pretty much it. Some sort of interesting raid-wide tanking CD that remains thematically appropriate would be nice. I dunno, something like Tranq castable in bear would be neat, if maybe OP for resto.

Useless stats on gear. While this has been greatly alleviated as time goes on, seeing haste do absolutely nothing for us still irritates me.

Rotation seems fine, although I think it's weird that thrash is so high up on our single-target rotation.

Cosmetic additions to bear form.
    Increased raid utility castable in bear.
    A more interesting mastery.
    Being able to fit under the UC doors while mounted. :D.
    Smoother rage regen, especially on the pull.
    Stronger self-heals in bear.

Challenging Roar
    Innervate
    Barkskin
    Any balance/resto ability
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]