Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding, decent effort placed towards heroics.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
As much as I like playing Moonkin, I'm pretty tired of staring at the same model for 4 years. ANY kind of customization, or model revamp like the other forms, would be very appreciated.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I like the flavor of the druid, the eclipse meter is a fun mechanic for me. Starfall is another fun aspect, it's a nice unique ability.

What makes playing your class less fun?
The main dps spells, starfire and wrath, feel a bit bland. Mushrooms are hard to aim at times due to the rather long aiming time, which is a huge issue on some fights where there are a lot of adds moving around [Rhyolith for example].

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is fine, the instant starsurges break up the previous monotony of previous expansions.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I'd love to see some sort of REAL cooldown ability for Moonkins. Tree's are nifty, but aren't terribly useful in terms of damage. I'd also, as mentioned before, love to see some sort of new cosmetic options for chickens.

What spells do you use the least?
Thorns probably.
85 Night Elf Druid
PvE mostly
Heroics, Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
TB mostly
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Tree of life being a CD, could you bump it up to a proc atleast where we can go tree for 10 sec with out using up our CD?
All the roles a Druid can perform makes it most fun, at the momment i'm in love with tanking.
Nothing really.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I enjoy it, I play Balance, Feral (tank), and Resto. I'm not very familiar with cat but I like all of them.
I wish for Tree of life to be used more in Resto spec, Bears, cats, Owlkins to be able to cast Rebirth in their forms and not break out. While tanking something as a bear I can't go out of form to battle rezz, cause i'll get slammed lol.
teleport moonglade, if i have a spell to go there atleast update the place and spice it up. Its the same place since vanilla, never got affected by the Cataclysm.
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, Old Raids, Spot filler in guild raids/Pug Raider

If PvP, what type of PvP? BG's, Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? In PvP, mobility. As a balance druid, when something gets in Melee range, I've got very little effective tools to keep them at bay. In arenas against most melee classes I just throw dots up, thorns, and try waddle away, having already used typhoon, NG and warstomp. Mushrooms have been used, but since I'm crawling away from them, the slow doesn't matter.
The other main issue I have which I supose is a mix of PvP and PvE is the ineffectualness of a Balance Druids self-healing ability. I know it wouldn't be good if balance druids could heal as well as resto, but the problem is, is that the self-healing is rather terrible, and in PvP encounters is 9 out of 10 times not worth leaving moonkin form to cast a heal while taking extra damage.
In PvE, I have no real complaints.
In general, the lack of ability to use cosmetic items. I can understand some issues about it (Trying to polymorph a pirate that's really a polymorph-immune cat for example) but it would be nice if, like the human disguises in CoT, we could keep the 'buff' but only have the costume work between forms. (Disguise as a pirate, shift to cat, fight, then shift back to humanoid form with the earlier used pirate buff)

What makes playing your class more fun? Knockbacks, mushroom remote mines, getting people to stand in Solarbeam

What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to do get away from Melee attackers, very little damage outside of hard-cast spells, having Starsurge interrupted and being useless for X seconds.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Better than before (spam X until Y's buff proc'd, then spam Y until X proc'd) While it's a bit more reliable, I would love something more to shake it up instead of just IS,MF,Starsurge, Wrath til SSurge/Eclipse, repeat.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Typhoon knockback matching Shaman's Thunderstorm, spellcasting treants, Typhoon bug being fixed, Costumes, New Moonkin/Travelform skins, or better yet, some way to have worn items change forms somehow (Maybe a helm changes the colour of the Moonkin's necklace thing); Travelform indoors (like shaman), trying to change forms when stunned (such as pressing the button just as you get stunned) not making you drop to caster form. If you're stunned, why can we shapeshift to humanoid? (I understand the technical reasonings, I just don't like it, sorry. :c)

What spells do you use the least? Ignoring Feral, Healing Touch when in Resto, Faerie Fire and Hurricane when Balance
Edited by Milkros on 9/12/2011 10:39 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Normal Mode Raiding, Hopefully a few Heroics

Having no form. Druids should be in a form. Having no BIG heal to catch up. Having healed on a priest, not having a larger heal than Healing Touch makes it difficult to catch up on certain fights like Beth'tilac if I'm healing on top.

Hots and positioning heals. Placing Effloresence is one of my favorite things to do. Getting as many people in the healing zone as possible and having some position aspect to the heal makes me feel as if I actually have some say in the fight.

I imagine it's the same with all healing specs but some fights I feel like I'm going to be more of a burden. Baelroc at low gear level comes to mind as my hots and direct heals just don't seem to do much on the Decimation Tank. Beth'tilac, healing the top of the web was the same way at first. Just didn't seem like I could catch up from how hard the tank was getting hammered.

I'm pretty satisfied overall with the choice of spells at my disposal. I love the aspect of HoT healing and very happy it was mostly restored from the launch of Cataclysm. Would like to make sure it stays that way.

As far as healing cool-downs, I'd like to see something like Pain Suppression, even if a single target. Allows me to determine when the cooldown is needed and not always depend on the tank. Maybe have it redirect some of the damage to the raid or even the caster so HoTs can heal both targets.

Healing Touch. It just doesn't seem all that effective for the cost. The only fight I might use it over nourish is Baelroc. Even then it just doesn't seem strong enough for the mana cost.
100 Tauren Druid
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Primarily PvE, but some PvP.

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and Raids, but I tend not to push into heroic raids.

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Mostly BGs.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I've played a boomkin since I started and it gets a little depressing sometimes to never get to see any of that gear (except weapon and offhand) that you've worked so hard to get. That and the Tauren forms, I believe, could use a little polish at the moment.

Also Starfall, is there no way to keep it from breaking CC? Since it can't be aimed and it has such a large raidus, if CC is used then we lose it from our rotation. I guess on the other hand I could just be thankful you made it target only in combat enemies anyway, before then I didn't even spec into it because it would pull everything and its mother.

The only other concern I have is how easily we are controlled. Yes we can get out of snares, but that's it. We have no stuns, and roots are easily escaped from.

•What makes playing your class more fun? The chicken dance. :) And the fact that despite being a hybrid class we are able to do enough damage to still be a viable class (I don't care about topping the charts, just doing enough to stay viable for raids).

•What makes playing your class less fun? Bah, nothing makes it less fun, just less visually appealing (lack of seeing armor!).

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I believe boomkin rotation is actually fine atm. It's a little tricky to work in Mushrooms during solar eclipse because they are kind of tricky to place, but not impossible. And as long as you can resist popping starfall all the time it is easy to work in during lunar.

•What’s on your wish list for your class? Polished visuals!

•What spells do you use the least? Hurricane, now that Mushrooms are effected by eclipse and do a ton of damage it is worthless. Hurricane is just a giant mana dump that will end your ability to fight very early on if you use it more than once or twice.
Carnumba, Feral (Cat) Druid, Arthas-US

What type of content do you focus on?
Mainly PvE, occasional PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Occasional arenas and RBGs with guildies; World PvP as well.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Shred's positional requirement. This wouldn't be an issue if raids didn't keep having bosses planted in the ground next to a cliff or in a lava pool. Yes, a raid can do some positioning to allow us to get behind bosses like Ragnaros and Magmaw; I do this when I can.

After feedback about Kologarn from ferals, it was said (iirc) that raid developers would be avoiding that style of fight because it was a pain in the !@# and made our spec underperform. Then we got to Blackwing Descent. And saw Magmaw. Then we went to Bastion. And saw Sinestra. Then we went to Firelands. And saw Ragnaros.

On Ragnaros, for at least one phase of the fight, feral cannot be behind the boss. No one else can either, so it's thought that it's an equivalent DPS loss for all melee due to parry mechanics. But feral has to use a lower DPE attack (mangle) as well as risk parries. In my opinion, there is no need for a positional requirement on shred.

To compare apples to <insertrandomfruit>, think of Mangle and Haunt (warlock). Both abilities increase damage of other abilities on the target. Why don't warlocks have to be behind the target to get the full damage potential out of their DoTs on their target?

The fast pace and more complex rotation, as well as the utility of spells like Tranquility and Thorns.

Positional requirement on shred. Having to leave form to cast Thorns.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I really like the feral rotation right now. While not as fun and complex as it was during WotLK, it's still engaging and rewarding when done right.

--No positional requirement on Shred. It's not a huge deal, but doesn't mean I can't wish for it.
--Thorns castable in cat/bear forms. Think back to the days of Burning Crusade when Barkskin was only castable in caster form.
--Some type of armor shown on cat/bear forms to really show off how awesome we are, just like other classes can do without even thinking about it. Firecat form is nice, and it's greatly appreciated, and I think it's a step in the right direction when trying to make feral druids look different at different levels (but don't you dare use it as a reason to not think of giving ferals a legendary. /clawsout).

--Soothe - great utility spell, but it requires me to leave form to cast.
--Thorns - only really use it on tanks during Alysrazor. Would probably use it more if I didn't have to leave form for it.
100 Troll Druid
Feral DPS Druid

What type of content do you focus on?: PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?: Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?: The ability to customise the colour of our Cat form was definitely a big improvement in player-to-world immersion, however, I feel it can be a bit limited. I don't know how hard it would be to incorporate more specific choices such as changing mane colour and body colour separately, but any feedback is better than none.

What makes playing your class more fun?: The fact that there is always something going on. If you're not reapplying a DoT, you're checking your energy levels, or checking if you have enough time to fit a Savage Roar in.

What makes playing your class less fun?: The fact that I have to be behind mobs in PvE. I can see it as a balancing standpoint in PvP, and even in some PvE situations. However, on boss fights like the new Ragnaros, my rotation and even to some degree my energy pooling is disrupted when he uses Sulfuras Smash in my direction, which can really hurt my DPS, the only way I have been able to keep my DPS up to some degree, is by getting my Expertise up. That said, it's not an immediate issue.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?: I feel the rotation is fine the way it is, as in I can't think of an immediate improvement that I would make to it. I especially like how multiple openings are viable, especially on particular bosses. Another Feral DPS Druid that I know prefers to open with 5 Combo Points then Rip, whereas I prefer to apply Savage Roar at 2 Combo Points and start my DoT uptime with Tiger's Fury from there. I think this adds a bit of personality to the class.

What’s on your wish list for your class?: Nothing in particular, perhaps more Cat form skins.

What spells do you use the least?: Although I still do tend to use this spell at times, I feel that this is the most appropriate area to mention it. I feel that Cower scales quite poorly. At the start of the encounter is the most likely time you would be using Cower, yet that time is also the most useless for Cower. For example, if I pop Berserk and pull aggro early on the in fight, 10% will only be reducing my threat level by a small amount, and therefore it won't do a whole lot to drop the aggro. However, late during the fight, it could be dropping my threat by a much more substantial amount. Now that tanks get 500% aggro up from 300%, it isn't as much of an issue, but something for you to consider perhaps.
Edited by Wathom on 9/12/2011 10:51 AM PDT
79 Worgen Druid
soooo im leveling as resto, and permanent tree of life form would be nice, even nerf the passive healing bonus if you have to, permanent tree form would be the best thing ever
100 Night Elf Druid

-90% PvE with a smattering of PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

-Heroic Raiding as Balance spec

-Non rated BGs, occasional arena (points). PvP as feral only, due to severe issues with resto and balance PvP.

-Seeing a boomkin skin 100% of the time while DPSing, whilst standing next to ranged cycling through different awesome skins!

-Not being able to use Firestones to upgrade anything besides a relic and rare BoEs.

-Bag space, bag space, bag space! Not just gear, but tabards, shapeshifts, and quest items.

-Personal ingenuity. Sometimes Engineering.

Mushrooms. Really though, Mushrooms! Also, being able to solo older content. (This last one is HUGE for me. Ever since I was soloing WC in terrible gear at level 40 and feeling like a beast, popping out of bear form to pot and then back (remember that? heh))

-Our out of combat heals are very slow. I realize balance druids are not tanks, but It would be great to have a heal that we can use from taking lots of damage, maybe just on ourselves? Say Healing Touch becomes instant if we take X% damage or each time thorns causes damage!

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

-My rotation feels fine, I'm not sure if it's better for my playstyle or worse than in WoTLK. I feel as though being unable to start fights in Eclipse state at the start of EVERY boss fight puts me at a pretty big disadvantage.

-I realize balance druids are not tanks, but It would be great to have a heal that we can use from taking lots of damage, maybe just on ourselves? Say Healing Touch becomes instant if we take X% damage or each time thorns causes damage we get a stack (up to three) of a WoG style effect.

-Instant roots

-Reworked thorns for lots more damage but much less uptime.

Cower
Edited by Kraizee on 9/12/2011 10:39 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PvP (Feral strictly)

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
2v2/3v3 Arena, Rated/Non-Rated BG's

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The lack of ability to shift roots. I understand the mechanic was grossly strong against casters such as frost mages, and gave us a major advantage against other melee classes by having opportunity to kite and heal while bleeds tick away. But the current model of the feral druid is a dps machine with modest control, and a very easy dps to CC. With only two root breaks (with a minimum of 2 .4 min on CD) frost mages are a hard counter to feral druids in the arena setting (even more explicitly with other casters, providing dispell fodder that prevents roots from being removed)

# What makes playing your class more fun?
High amounts of control with a rather large amount of damage make Feral very fun to play in PvP. the damage is too over the top at the moment though.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Not having the off-heal capabilities that we had back in BC/WOTLK. The current model of feral is more akin to a warrior; dps something down, fire your CC to get that kill. The old style of feral involved rather extensive healing (back to BC with weapon swapping in arena) and being "uncontrollable" but not putting out intense amounts of damage. Being forced into a "dps machine" type of class that has rather minimal healing really reduced the amount of fun I have playing feral.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is fine.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Give us the ability to shift roots again. maybe even increase our healing capabilities but reduce the damage output. in my opinion we put out far too much damage in a short time, especially with bleeds preloaded and berserk + Procs up. Shouldn't have the chance to burst a priest down from full to nothing in 5 seconds, something needs to change. the promised "increase on emphasis of CC in pvp/pve" as opposed to straight up dps with cataclysm was in my opinion not delivered.

It would also be nice to actually have a decent use for the druids level 85 ability. I was rather depressed to see how horrible the mushrooms were, since they have absolutely no use for feral in pvp. Pallies major cooldown Guardian of Ancient Kings changes with your current spec, giving it complete viability no matter what type of paladin you are. Feral in my opinion drew the short straw.

# What spells do you use the least?
Hurricane + Magic Mushrooms.
Edited by Gilinar on 9/12/2011 10:38 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE?All.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Bgs and Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? not being able to enter vehicles while shape shifted and craft things while shapes shifted.

What makes playing your class more fun? I dunno. I haven't been having much fun on my druid. PvP is irritating as I can chew through some classes with ease, while others kite me all the damn day. Having played since BC I think the mobility thing was a big excuse to take away my core mechanic. Ret paladins can judge as a distance closer, cleanse to remove movement impairing effects and hand of freedom. They are basically un-kitable. Ice mages can snare and slow at every turn without thought.

I guess what I'm saying is, either let us be able once more to be the class that isn't kitable, or make it so that snares and slow and immobilizing effects aren't so mindless to use. I have a mage. I know how awesome they are, and I also know how easy other classes are to kite around and kill. It takes little thought to do so. You didn't want people being all cleanse happy like they were in Wotlk in pvp and such, well I don't want people being able to have their slows and snares tied to some cast and not be a conscious thought. Same for my infected wounds.

What makes playing your class less fun? Read above. I'm not very happy with druid tanking, feral dps atm. Healing is boring but good were it's at I guess. I forget I have tree form and never use it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) As a bear tank it's fine minus you know the rage starvation if I pop frenzied regen. Also cat dps is good, but the energy return needs to be smoothed out. At certain parts of my rotation it seems to halt as I sit and wait for OoC procs or Tigers fury to come off CD and it can mess up my meticulous bleed, buff rotation I have to follow. It's not anywhere near as bad as Wotlk though.

What’s on your wish list for your class? My shapeshifting can remove snares would be cool.

What spells do you use the least? Soothe, because it breaks my form to use it when I have to de-enrage things.

Edit: Mushrooms. you basically gave us a 85 spell that is useless unless balance. If I could detonate them in bear form, for the decreased dmg that would be fine. I would like to use them to pull, or gather adds.
Edited by Araahaiel on 9/12/2011 10:42 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Both
•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Some raiding, less in Cata than in LK. Lots of Achiv farming.
•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's
•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Boomkin is my main spec, and I really miss our AOE damage. I also feel somewhat underpowered. Running BH there are people pulling 22k dmg, and the druids pull around 12-15k
Heal spec... Still bitter about Tree of life. Huge let down... still dont think this was the right choice from blizz. We play damage in "form" and tank in "form" .. We should heal that way too!
•What makes playing your class more fun?
Instant cast flight form FTW! How about epic ground speed to match? Versitility of the Druid is great!
•What makes playing your class less fun?
Low dmg, and loss of Tree of life.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The new rotation for boomkin is fun..and more of a challenge than it was in LK.. I like it. - Once I got used to managing mana in heal spec.. the rotation is working for healing too!
•What’s on your wish list for your class?
Ground travel form... As fast as our mounts!!
•What spells do you use the least?
Nourish... Hibernate... dont use Hurricane at all anymore... :(
Edited by Ramdasbir on 9/12/2011 10:48 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• I primarily do PvE with some PVP mixed in.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• I'm a progression-focused semi-hardcore raiding guild. We currently are 3/7 heroic in Firelands.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Primarily BGs for fun. Some RBGs on other characters.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I play a balance druid, so it's typical to hear from us --- and I agree --- that our model is outdated and ugly. I don't mind being a giant chicken, I mind looking like the mobs in Hinterlands I have to kill for quests =/

It would be nice to use things like potion of illusion as well while in form.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• We have probably one of the most unique rotations and spell variety of any class out there. We have at least 4 different types of AoE if you include sunfire/moonfire. The spells remain visually appealing and, if handled right, we can be a useful member of any party.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• The rotation, which will be answered below.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I understand the rotation and it makes "sense" in the crudest sense of the word, but it's also one of the most strict rotations ever. Because they way the eclipse power bar works, we are stuck moving that bar one way or another even when the fight doesn't require it.

For example, Blizzard has placed are most potent AoE spells --- Sunfire/Mushrooms/Hurricane -- in the same tree. What happens if we've moved our eclipse bar out of Solar and are working toward lunar? Are we "just out of luck?"

What I think I'm trying to say is nearly every class, if I can think about it, can "reset" their rotation and start again. We cannot. I don't know many times I've had to run around Firelands to nuke critters just to get my bar back going the way I want it to for the beginning of a fight.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• You asked for it:

1) We need a big "reset" button. We need some spell -- on a cooldown of course - that would reset the direction of the lunar bar instantly. That or create a CD that allows us -- again on a CD -- to instantly switch to from lunar/solar when necessary.

2) Starfall - the spell you chose as the AOE spell for the arcane tree - is worthless yet again. I understand it's incredibly powerful if overused, but decide what you're going to do with 31-point talent. From what I can gather, the 31-point talent remains the most powerful and unique spell in a particular tree. Treat it that way.

3) Lunar shower is broken and you know it. The major raiding boomkins have spec'ed out of lunar shower because it takes us out of solar when we need it most. Either remove lunar shower from the game or make it useful. The original purpose was to give us an "on the go" spell choice. We had it in 4.0.3 and you took it away from us.

4) Hurricane used to be good. (see below)

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul][/quote]

Hurricane - The spell is so expensive. You gave us mushrooms , but that requires planting them then detonating them. Figure out where you want hurricane to fit into a boomkin's rotation. You obviously like having it around - you basically require us to put two points into the talent (because lunar shower is horrible) - so figure out what you want to do with it.
    90 Night Elf Druid

Both

Raids

Arenas and BGs

Much of the druid utility from a bear perspective cannot be used without shifting out of bear and losing the ability to tank / vengeance stack falls off. The most obvious example of this is battle rez, but it applies to many spells that could increase bear utility.

I don't see many quality of life issues for cats right now.

I'm not sure what this is trying to get at, but the versatility of druids being able to spec to fill any role is a unique feature that is attractive.

I can't show off my gear in animal forms :)

I think that having some spells unavailable in forms is appropriate, it seems that some core abilities not being available in bear makes what would seem like a very utility heavy tank class have to sacrifice tanking ability for utility. As the main tank for my raid, there are encounters where there is no oportunity to safely shift out to cast utility spells where other tank classes would be able to use all of their available utility without risking getting 2 shotted.

for Bear, it is fine, although it sometimes feels a bit contrived. The dynamic of berserk proccing mangle is good, though the lacerate->pummel is a bit odd.

for kitty, i think it is much improved over wrath. The simplifications were good, while still giving cats a fairly in depth rotation.

My #1 wish would actually be cosmetic - The firekitty staff was an example of something that i think should be added to the game for druids. This only affected kitties, but being able to visually identify yourself from others is something that druids are severely lacking.

My bearform literally looks the same as a level 20-somethings bearform, there is no way to show my progression. Yes, i could switch out of bear into my T12, but that doesn't help when i am actually trying to tank something. This is a unique concern of druids, and it has been a long standing issue that i hope is going to be addressed soon.

I think that this should be attached to tier gear as a set bonus so that druid forms progress visually at the same rate as other classes. While putting it on the staff was cool, and made sense from a lore perspective for this particular instance, i think the tier set makes more sense for druids in general, expecially given how other classes change their appearance. Also, somehow attaching this to tranmogrification would be nice :)

My #2 wish would be what i talked about above - being able to cast certain key spells in bear (cat is less of an issue because you don't lose vengeance or any other buff, and you don't risk getting your butt kicked). What key spells are added, i will leave to the experts, but i would hope that it includes battle rez.

As bear (pve) and cat (pve) i find myself using balance spells the least. I will pop out to heal occasionally, but the only time i hit a balance spell in combat is generally if i pop out of form by accident and hit a button that maps to something in caster form :P
    81 Human Priest
    I feel like we have too much to keep up on targets: savage roar, and rip leave hardly any time to use FB without a penalty unless berserk is up. Maybe make savage roar passive like fury warriors auto attacks and if that causes our dps to jump up too much then you can tone down the passive to 40 percent to compensate for us using FB in our rotation.

I PVE and PVP, I can't see how this change would have an impact on pvp
    Edited by Saacor on 9/12/2011 11:01 AM PDT
    90 Night Elf Druid

PVP

BGs!

I have felt for a long long while now that Druids aren't the shapeshifters they used to be. Once you spec way down the tree, your role is far too specific and/or there is very little reason to shift into something else. For example, if I'm being attacked as a Balance Druid, there is still no reason to turn Bear to defend.

I enjoy what shapeshifting back and forth we actually do use, and trying my best to be somewhat of the hybrid we used to be.

We definitely don't have the uniqueness we used to have as a hybrid. We used to be the jack of all trades but master of none exactly, as we were once fine with, but now we can master a role as good as any other class, but can no longer be a jack of all trades at all. It puts a heavy damper on what the Druid used to be all about.

I've grown to dislike being forced to cast certain spells when I personally believe that spells should differ based on when it is the clever time to use them. For example, if someone is rooted, that's the best time to cast a whopping Starfire, instead of being forced to cast it based on the Balance bar when it may be near impossible to get that cast time off.

Here is my ideal wishlist that I've wished for since Burning Crusade...

I believe all druids should have all forms, and permanent versions of each. Granted, which form you spec into would depend on talents, as usual. But my idea would allow a Moonkin to turn Tree when you just need those heals that we lack so very bad. I understand they wouldn't be nearly as good as a Resto Druid's heals, but they could be considered a buff to our options as we have them now.

And the same would apply to a Resto Druid. Why do we have to stay out of form to explain how we can do damage (as opposed to simply only healing in Tree)? If Resto's had Moonkin form, they can try to push some damage out that way, again, though it wouldn't have the power of the eclipse bar that a Balance Druid would have.

I don't see this idea being very different than how all specs can turn cat/bear as it is currently, regardless. I mean, keep in mind that a Balance Druid who turns Tree wouldn't have the Resto spells way down the talent tree, like Wild Growth or Swiftmend, but the heals at their disposal would be good enough for them (not so much a party.) And of course, vice versa, Resto's wouldn't have Typhoon or Treants.

I enjoy balance pvp. So cast times have always been too risky. I've only been PvPing with the intent on winning by controlling situations with CC rather than killing people.
    Edited by Underleaf on 9/12/2011 10:44 AM PDT
    85 Worgen Druid
    In the past both. Currently PvP. (Balance Spec for both)

Ex HM 25 man raider.

Arena, bg's , some RBG's

The removal of instant roots and having to power shift into moonkin form for root removal is detrimental to our performance in PvP.

Knocking people off Lumbermill.

Typhoon is bugged. We have no good defensive CD's and are ruthlessly focused in arena with no tools for survival. Our damage is low due to the lunar shower change and having to hard cast with the current state of melee interupts is almost impossible. Our heals are worse than passive healing from rogues and warriors, dk's healing, and any other offhealer in the game. They take too much mana for no reward.

It doesnt work for PvP. the eclispe system works better in PvE. In PvP you are not able to cast wrath or starfire without major peels and your dots are mediocre unless in eclipse which in arena is not reliable. We have a nice tool kit for balance but are punished in pvp by having to shift forms eating valuable gcd's and increasing our dmg taken just to get an interrupt or stun off if we cant cyclone or solar beam is on cd.

Instant roots for balance only. Dispel protection for MF or IS.Travel form removing roots again for balance. Some type of defensive cool down so that we can live through getting focused by everyone. Boomkins are the top priority on almost every arena team and have next to no good arena comps due to recent nerfs to playstyle. I would like to be able to do arena with my friends at a competative level that i can perform at on my mage or lock instead of having to do bg's so that i can hide in a crowd and hope to not get focused.

Hurricane, Teleport: Moonglade
    Edited by Corendor on 9/12/2011 10:44 AM PDT
    85 Tauren Druid

-Both. Mostly Pve though. I am really a loner when it comes to gaming, and about the most I can handle with collaborative gaming is pugs/LFD

-Mostly Heroics. I will pug raids here and there when I find someone friendly enough to teach me how to do things. which is becoming less and less.

-Mostly bgs.

-I could write paragraphs on this, But it comes down to RNG eclipse state.

The tool set is huge. aoe in three different spells, a cone aoe, 2 dots, and 2 casts, and treants doing melee, and thorns, and 3 ccs, (cyclone, roots and hibernate), aoe heals when they are needed, rebirth, its all a great "balance" of what a lot of different classes bring to the table. Even when it may seem inundating keeping track of which tools you have to use and when, and the miserable RNG cooldown time when you have to build up to use the other ones, is slightly bearable when you realize what can be done.

getting up to the eclipse state takes time. a variable time. I liked the BC version of three casts and your there. it was easy to plan with less rng of a feel.

Lol, with a varying rotation based on either being in one eclipse state or the other, and also rotations to try to get to these two states, we are left with 4 states of rotation for a sit and spam. split those four states into the three aoes, dotting every mob, or burn mode, Theres enough to make a novice wonder why he has a 365 ilvl and can only pull 14 k in heroics with the 15% buff.

Updated graphic for moonkin with some relation to gear. maybe even a moonkin whose graphic progresses based on Ilvl and not on gear apperance. really there has got to be alot you can do with appearances now adays, and it just seems that ive been using the same moonkin since BC.

great question. In pve, I am finding i use either barkskin or cyclone very little, with Faerie Fire the least. Things melt so fast, its tough for me to waste to many gcd's on applying FF.

There you have it. Thats the best I can do without complaining about it being outside of.........oh wait. the target reticule for mushrooms. when i use the place mushroom spell, i get this tiny little circle. and placing it in the right spot is troubleing sometimes. I lose a gcd because in a fight where i am constantly using every gcd, placing the thrid mushroom in the wrong spot because of a depth of field problem and it ending up on a ledge in the foreground is quite annoying. I know its not a simple fix. but in certain cases, placing them like traps would be awesome. no question of where they are, and more of an "Engineer laying dynamite" feeling.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]