Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Resto Druid :

What type of content do you focus on? Both PvE and PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? BG's and Rated BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Not having a permanent tree form. Specifically the WOTLK tree form. That was my favorite part of playing a druid.

What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to switch from Resto to Balance without an extensive costume change.

What makes playing your class less fun? Not having a permanent tree form.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? No problems

What’s on your wish list for your class? A permanent tree form (wotlk form specifically)

What spells do you use the least? Soothe
85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I usually do both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I'm still leveling this toon, but I do some heroics. This character has never done a raid though.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Battlegrounds.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I don't have any real issues here, but I'd have to say the mana cost on Hurricane is ridiculous.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Bird form is awesome.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Cats need more total energy.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I think the rotation is good but would be better if cats had more energy.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would love the whole 'feel' of druids to change. I would like the powers, and effects to be more magical, like the artwork and Elune stuff, and less feral. Balance is ricidulously underpowered compared to feral. I think everything is just a little to shamanistic.

What spells do you use the least?

I rarely use faerie fire, not because it's not useful but because I forget.
85 Troll Druid
Hello!
I'm a restoration and balance druid in a 10 man raiding guild!

■What type of content do you focus on? PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs when I go

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Treeform being on a GCD.

The fact that shifting forms while stunned makes you drop your current form but won't let you shift to the next. You should be able to shift seemlessly or be stuck in your current form. Caster is one of our weakest forms, and playing druids well may require you to shift at certain times. Being caught in caster is very detrimental.

Not enough glyph selections. Overall, we have a ton of them. Glyphs relevant to your spec are few and far between. We're pretty much pigeon holed into having the same set for everyone.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The versatility of changing your form.
The resto rotation is good fun.
Being able to shift to flight instantly.
Herbing in flight form is a bit...silly.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
The balance rotation can be macro'd to almost a single button with minimal DPS loss.

Gear selection for boomkins can be simply shortcutted to higher ilvl is better.

Tier gear looks awful on Trolls.

Restoration druids have no answer for a bad avoidance string on tanks. We can swiftmend, or Nature's Swiftness, but honestly, if they are on cooldown (Swiftmend always is, and Nature's Swiftness is fairly long, and often gets eaten by a DPS in the fire) then we have no real way to guarantee a big heal in a pinch, or a way to hold over the tank while we line one up.

At the beginning of Cataclysm, the healing model was changed for more people damaged for a longer time, which we excelled at. Some of the current heroic mode fights tend to be closer to the old Lich King model of Dead or Full with no in between. Resto druids aren't built for that type of healing, and while we're being successful, it's the individual and not the class doing this sort of thing. If this is the norm in the future, there needs to be something in our toolbox to answer it on a regular basis. Overall, the numbers we're doing are fine, even heavier than they should be. We're succeeding on power tools instead of a full toolbox, however.

Balance druids have such a long wind up time until Eclipse procs that in PVP, dying is unduly harsh. It seems that once you lose the ability to maintain any form of the higher DPS from Eclipse procs, you often die again before you're fully into the rotation. The same is true for learning attempts on PVE boss fights. You go into the fight without eclipse up, and have to build it. In most fights, this is fine, but in fights that start with Bloodlust, heroism, or cooldowns, then you're simply being punished for being a class that has a longer windup than average.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Restoration rotation is great. Wild Growth on cooldown every 6 seconds keeps you engaged, while the 15 second Swiftmend is valuable enough that you want to selectively place it in the raid to the best effect, keeping you focused on position. Nourish spam for filler, and rejuv if the pace of the fight will let it tick, and you've got our rotation locked down.

Boomkin rotation is awful. It's a simple, simple rotation. If you know your break points, you can judge your dots easily, and on eclipse, you know which nuke you're throwing. Make a macro to cast Starsurge, then to check your eclipse buff for which nuke it should throw, and you could put up decent numbers. The one minute cooldown on Starfall and the three minutes on trees just don't keep you focused as well as the super short cooldowns in resto.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I want a glyph that lets me spread Insect Swarm with Typhoon. Angry bees + a Typhoon should equal bees angry at everyone.

I would like some form of external cooldown for druids and raids. Tough, I know, since that blends to class homogenation, but this could be as simple as a sunny hillside to stand on for extra healing. (Which, in reality, is very complex).

I wish there were some option to cast all three mushrooms on a target location, even if that would have a cast timer and couldn't be done on the fly. The detonate is what controls how much damage they do, but recovering an extra global in AoE heavy encounters would be a nice DPS boost.

■What spells do you use the least?

Regrowth is almost never used due to the mana cost. Unless you have swiftmend available + clear casting, this spell isn't even a viable option, even with the crit talent.

Hurricane. I believe the quote is /dance does more damage to this, even if only to the NPC psyche.

Teleport: Moonglade, although with Hyjal, I do occasionally like to go to the druid RP capital.

Faerie Fire is also not especially useful these days for the caster druids.
90 Night Elf Druid
A bit of both.

Heroics, hardly raids (Undergeared)

Random BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The current state of Moonkin form (Model).

Our versatility, ability to switch into different forms to fit different roles.

Nothing really, 'cept the moonkin model.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Good, it's sort of good, especially with the macros I have to make it easier.

Original tree form back (Perma)
Moonkin model update.

Soothe, Teleport: Moonglade, Hurricane
85 Night Elf Druid
PvP

N/A

Arena Mainly, Dabble in RBGS

Plz fix the Skull Bash bug, where if u interrupt a cast at max range it doesn't stop the cast

Being a support Class (i like controlling the other team, via clones/roots, more then just spamming dmg)

Easily destroyed by casters

Rotation is fine for Feral

Don't remove instant clones, this would take feral out of arena completely :(

Thorns/Wild Mushroom/Insect Swarm/
46 Worgen Mage
More PVE definitely.

Firelands, previous tier Cata raids for achievements

BGs, RBGs sometimes.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
After Firelands, and after getting most of the achievements, there's nothing else to go for. Like ok reputations I'm lacking are for the "the Insane" achievements and Avenger of Hyjal title.

A nice timesink would be welcome. Like Silithus twilight text/abyssal summoning

Druids are so versatile, and very fun to play with, feral has become my favorite spec in the game if you mix all the specs together.

for PVP, the constant roots, freezing, stuns, and what not.

Some boss encounters requires less use of shred due to positioning. Combo points shared throughout mobs would be a nice addition.

A legendary polearm for Feral druids and hunters.

Soothe.

edit: added formatting
Edited by Furrealae on 9/13/2011 5:34 PM PDT
85 Draenei Mage
What type of content do you focus on? Solely PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics [mostly ZA/ZG] and raids [T11, T12 and beginning 10m FL]

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The lack of a permanent Tree of Life form, cosmetic or utility-based, makes me really sad. I've been playing a resto druid since BC and I came to love being the token "tree" of the guild/group/raid. I feel like one of my favorite aspects of being a druid, something I took on as sort of an identity, was taken from me unnecessarily and against my will. Why not make it a minor glyph or something?

What makes playing your class more fun? Strong AoE heals make heroics and 10man raids fun, smooth and rewarding.

What makes playing your class less fun? Opposite to the above, the lack of non-mana sapping, regular use single-target heals can make handling sticky situations and main tank heals really stressful. Nourish's cast time is long, and its healing is fairly low for its high cast time, and so I am often forced to use Regrowth, which is not ideal due to its high mana cost and poor HoT addition.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? The monotony of refreshing Lifebloom every 10 seconds is very frustrating and annoying. Shamans can be glyphed to make their Riptide last much, much longer; I would love to see something like this implemented with Lifebloom, seeing as how it is sensible to have it up almost the entire dungeon and throughout the entire raid encounter [some of which last 8-10 minutes - that's up to 60 times I have to refresh lifebloom during that one encounter, not counting tree of life CD stacks placed on another target]. Apart from that, I enjoy the utility of Wild Growth and Rejuvenation, and Efflorescence.

What’s on your wish list for your class? My wishes are sort of all listed up here, but I'll point them out again in short just to make it easy, with one extra that I didn't feel needed too much detail:

- A longer-lasting Lifebloom [glyph perhaps?]
- Some method of staying in Tree of Life form [preferably not the hulking purple thing we currently experience during the CD]
- Stronger, shorter single-target heals available
- A Travel Form that can actually be used for travel

What spells do you use the least? Healing Touch, Teleport: Moonglade, Travel Form

** I tried several times to get my character to change when posting this, but after many attempts was unsuccessful. My druid is Wildvine, on Proudmoore.
Edited by Aazi on 9/13/2011 5:46 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
PvE

Raids - feral DPS.

-

No change of looks based on gear. Up until Fandral's Flamescythe and fur colour, every cat looks the same. We don't get that same satisfaction of gear progression that everyone else gets. Plus when Fandral's Flamescythe gets superceded (as soon as 4.3) - then that semblance of progression is completely lost to us.

Bosses that like to turn around to face us, or where the mechanics require everybody stack on the one spot. Not being able to use my primary attack is immensely frustrating.

Bosses where feral charge results in death (eg Ragnaros)

The high energy cost of abilities such as Skull Bash - compared to a shaman's free Wind Shock. Interrupt duty is both a killer of fun and DPS.

Playing my rotation smartly, and being rewarded for it. WotLK was better in this regard.

Not having my gearing affect my looks, with the obvious exception of Fandral's Flamescythe. But 4.3's going to make that staff redundant, and my only visual indicator of gearing is going to be gone.

Encounters which destroy my efficiency - spending most of my time in transmit, or in bear form to taunt things down. Beth'tilac makes my druid feel like it's supposed to stand around and taunt instead of killing things.

Not as challenging (and therefore fun) as it was back in WotLK, but I still quite like it.

Being able to see gear progress when in cat form. Seriously. Even if it's just a fancy cat/bear form once a specific weapon's been acquired, it's -something-. The reworked druid art for cat and bear form was fantastic but it doesn't seem fair to have to stare at it in raids for the next two expansions while everyone else gets to enjoy the spoils of the hard work of the artists.

Thorns being castable in form. It's pretty useless to me in its current form.

Claw, innervate, thorns. Innervate has been nerfed to the point that I can't see why we still have the ability to cast it on others. Thorns requires a shapeshift to the vulnerable caster form. Claw... well...
85 Troll Druid
Restoration Druid

While mainly a PvE player, I do dabble in PvP from time to time.

After having run countless heroics, I've been sticking to raids for the past sixish months. I only do heroics every now and then if a friend needs some points. As for my raids, I stick to ten-mans, which is a whole other story about tuning.

Arena only for the most part.

Personally, I feel that the restoration druid has little to complain about here. The only thing that has been bugging me since it's introduction is Tree of Life being essentially nerfed to a trinket. In BC, I enjoyed being a tree in Karazhan. I still don't quite understand the logic as all other specs have a form which they are in constantly except restoration. I feel left out in a way.

Having played all other healing classes throughout my time in the world, druid is the only healing class which has some differentiability in the healing scene. Lifebloom is really the only thing that separates me from the other healers. We all have out unique spells, but the Cata homogenization of the healer class hurt everyone over all.

As stated above, I feel like I'm the same as everyone else, except I click lifebloom every 10 seconds. I don't feel that there is ever a time where I'm worried or afraid of what might hit my tank as I will have them at full health in a matter of a second. This lack of anxiety has greatly decreased the game's fun for me. Back in BC, even in SSC/TK gear, fights like prince could turn south, which I feel has left the game.

What rotation? I understand that I click lifebloom once in a while, and then spam nourish and maybe hit rejuvenation every now and then. It's beyond simple and feels dumb down from the days of rolling stacks of lifebloom on an entire raid. Timing was essential, and now it's almost nothing to a druid.

As stated above:
1) A restoration form. I feel this is necessary.
2) A sense of uniqueness.
3) A more complex rotation.
4) The ability to spread hots more efficiently, rather than Lifebloom + Nourish.
5) Why isn't everything useful in my healing arsenal instant cast anymore? I mean back in BC, Healing Touch was pointless, and now it may be a #2 HPS spell.

I never use Regrowth unless Omen of Clarity is up. It's completely pointless otherwise. Healing touch is a much better option for the small increase in cast time.
Edited by Finals on 9/13/2011 6:12 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: Both. Primarily cat DPS, offspec tank.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Primarily 10man Raids (cat and bear), casual PVPer. Heroics when I have to get JP / VP (usually tank for the short queues :P).

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: BGs / Arenas. I wish I could get groups for RBGs, but they just don't exist as PUGs on our server. :(

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I can live with the positional requirement of Shred. Really. I don't LIKE being quite so gimped on a "stack on the tank" fight" (IE: Argoloth, etc), but I've dealt with it for 5+ years, it just makes you more aware of your toon, imo. (IE: being able to cheat in argoloth, etc.)

I don't like having to loose all of my rage to cast Thorns. (It makes sense to force shifting out of bear / cat to cast Innervate / Tranq, but Thorns is something I regularly use in pulls of more than 4 mobs to help with aggro. I don't mind shifting out of cat to BR. Its a DPS loss, yes, but nowhere near as dangerous as needing to BR as the bear tank...)

I don't like having to loose all of my rage to perform normal mechanics. (IE: the ropes in H. Deadmines (yeah, cats / bears don't have thumbs, but....), the Cyclone in H. VP (who needs thumbs to ride a twister?), etc. It's also fairly annoying to not be able to mount the firebirds before Alysrazor from cat form... At least kick me out of cat, as opposed to giving me some error that I'm in a form...)

I don't like having FFF and Demoralizing Roar miss. >.<

I don't like not having a tree form to be in all the time anymore. :(
(I realize I'm not resto on this toon anymore (it was part of the reason I switched, though not the main one), but I do have another druid, tree / chicken.)

What makes playing your class more fun?: I like the complexity. Making sure all buffs / debuffs are up, deciding when / if to FB. Positioning. SHAPESHIFTING. I rolled a druid because they had the most versitility based on what form they were in (and in Vanilla / BC, the spec was designed that you switched forms often), and because they had the most unique playstyle. Cats were mini-rogues + pocket healers + pocket tanks... That's primarily gone away since the focus on DPS numbers, but I'll still throw out Innervates, Tranqs, etc. :)

I also dearly love the mobility. It's what drew me to the class / spec back in Vanilla, and what has kept this toon as my main ever since.

What makes playing your class less fun?: I miss shifting out of snares. :( And perma-tree... In all, if the class weren't 'fun', I wouldn't play it. I have a ton of alts, and have never really considered swapping mains.

That said, I'd been kitty / tree since vanilla before dual spec. (Constantly respecing or healing in feral spec / resto gear for 5 mans up till mid-BC content.) I loved the old way of Druid HOT healing. I never could get the hang of the Cata way of healing on a druid (though I'm fine with my shammy), and just generally don't like it. That's why I swapped. (TOL not being a perma-form was only a part of the complaint, this is mostly about the style of healing.)

How do you feel about your “rotation”?: I like it. Lots to pay attention to. But it kinda makes all other classes / specs a little dull in comparison... lol I'll never be able to raid on my mage, because I'd fall asleep playing Arcane, and they don't seem to be able to raid in any other spec. :P

What’s on your wish list for your class?: The dislikes above being returned / fixed... :P

A cheaper interrupt would be nice too...

Additionally, I'd love Claw to be useful in some way... As it stands, it costs more energy to do less damage... It's really just there at lvl 10 or so when you first get cat-form as something to smack besides Rake, and then replaced 2 - 3 levels later when you get Mangle. (The levels are a little vague because my memory is fuzzy, I just lvled a toon from 1 - 12 yesterday, but Claw really was that quickly replaced by Mangle.)

It's confusing to new feral players, because I've gotten questions from people with first time druid alts thinking they mangle once (to get the debuff), rake once (for the bleed), then claw for the rest of their combo points before biting. Mangle costs less energy and does more damage... I've seen the suggestion of removing the ability to generate combo points from Claw, and making it as powerful as Shred, sans the positional requirement. I'm not sure thats the best way, but it's a good idea, imo.

■What spells do you use the least?
After level 12 or so, Claw :)
Edited by Taswind on 9/13/2011 6:36 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid
#1. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PvP, not as much PvE anymore.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raided up till FL.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All. Focusing on RBGs.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
How many Boomkins are above 2200 in arena? Not many. I applaud the one I knowthat got gladiator on my server, but he is a rare bean. For "balance", we sure don't measure up to about 90% of the other classes/specs. A shadow priest can dispell our dots, get out of roots/solar beam, silence, 2x fear, disperse, oh yeah and trinket/will of the forsaken if they are undead. What else am I missing? Anyway, just an example of how unbalanced and useless Boomkin is in most pvp situations. Add to that our absence of a defensive cooldown. Boomkins (and resto, unless you consider tree form and regrowth spam) have no oh-crap button. "Quality of life" is ironic to me since I can barely last 3 secs with 2 melee on me.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Typhooning, mobility, shape-shifting, solar beam! The mushrooms are growing on me.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Lack of survivability. One melee can be handled, but 2 on you, and you're toast. We have no defensive cool downs like most classes. Disperse? Bubble? Iceblock? Those sorts of things. And I'm talking for resto/boomkin.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is fine, boring, but we are easily interrupted since all our offensive spells are long casts. This pushes us to moonfire spam and insect swarm, which can be dispelled anyway. This also requires a ton of haste which is difficult to get in pvp gear.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
The death-knell for me that got me to quit raiding seriously was taking my tree away. Granted, it pushed me to learn pvp, which I enjoy, but I also used to absolutely love resto in raids. Jumping around and healing was the cat's !@#. Give us full-time tree back, and get rid of that gawd-awful plague-bat form and ugly troll kitty. Even boomkin needs some work......the bright orange crit chicken is a little hard to miss on the battlefield, and everyone loves to kill us first.
Oh, and travel form indoors!
Give the other classes/comps a reason to shiver when they see a boomkin pop out of steath to stick it to them in arena.

# What spells do you use the least?
Definitely hurricane. It's a Mana drain and crap damage. Not worth it.
Edited by Skaftafell on 9/13/2011 9:52 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - PVE, with a little bit of PVP in the mix.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Heroics, Raids, and Normal Dungeons occasionally. I also generally do leveling through quests when there is leveling to do.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - Random BG's for the most part, I have done some arena too. Never managed to do a RBG but I would like to. I haven't done them because I am not very good at PVP and can't cut it for a team that wants to be competetive :P

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. - Hit Rating. Its a punishment stat, that takes away from fun stats like agility/stamina/dodge (I play a feral bear tank as my main)

What makes playing your class more fun? - Solid Damage output for a tanking class. Rock solid threat even pre-tanking-changes. I like being a bear.

What makes playing your class less fun? - My bears artwork has always (new and old art included) made my character look like he has a huge !@#. Since the most functional camera angle for almost everything I do is from behind, I am constantly staring at a bears $%^. I wish my Demoralizing Roar was baked into another ability like Paladins have, but its certainly far from game breaking. A ranged silence would rock too, BUT, would probably just make me too much like everyone else.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) - Rotation is fine, except I find that its pretty common to macro a lot of our stuff together, taking away from the sense of actually using it. IE. Mangle/Maul, Thrash/Swipe. You could probably remove swipe altogether and play with thrash's CD to keep AOE dmg output the same. You could probably remove maul, add its damage to pulverize, and increase the rage cost of pulv. to balance it out so everything stays the same, I just dont have these multi-move macros needed anymore. I never really see myself use Maul because of the way its macroed. I miss the way thorns used to work, but, understand why it was changed and still use it before every pull.

What’s on your wish list for your class? - Ranged Silence. Raid-Wide CD. Shorter CD on stampeding roar. More options for my artwork, OR AT LEAST, more ways to customize how I look in bear form. What was with the removal of the potion of illusion anyways? Seemed so unnecessary. Don't touch my leyara's locket or I will punch a baby. I would LOVE to see a feral-version of Wild Mushrooms, that I could drop before a pull for some insta-aoe threat. It would have to be faster to place then the balance-version we currently have. Players dont want to wait 3 extra GCD's for me to place mushrooms before every pull. I'd love a '1-click-drop' version that places 3 mushrooms that hit for way less then a balance druid (maybe in line with a warriors thunderclap) that I can quickly place in bear-form, right before I charge in.

What spells do you use the least? - Mushrooms, Insect Swarm, Moonfire, Rejuvenation, rebirth (because a boss is punching me directly). Out of my feral-specific forms, probably challenging-roar, because of its high CD.
100 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PVP, Moonkin

If PvP, what type of PvP? Rated BGs

What makes playing your class more fun? Explosive, quick spells! DIRECT TARGET SPELLS.

What makes playing your class less fun? Having TOO MANY spells that I am expected to cast. I don't have any more buttons on mouse/keyboard for Mushrooms, so I just don't use them, and I'm a !@#$ty Moonkin because I don't use them. :(

What’s on your wish list for your class? Fewer buttons to press (NOT joking)

What spells do you use the least? Mushrooms!
Feral Combat Druid

What type of content do you focus on?

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

A little bit of everything though I've been a raider since Wrath

If PvP, what type of PvP?

N/A

At times I find myself wishing that I could regenerate energy faster but I think most of that time its me being impatient. I can't really think of any quality of life issues other than that, except perhaps with having to be behind the target to do effective damage, but I feel that this is the way things should be since you are in fact playing as a cat. Having to move around to attack effectivly makes since because a really cat would do the same.

I love the abilities that really make me feel like I am playing as a cat. Things like feral charge and blood in the water and other things of that nature just make the experience awesome. getting knocked back by a boss and flung through the air only to land on my feet and instantly be able to leap back into the fight is awesome. watching my cat stretch while waiting for a raid and little emotes as a cat also just amke the experience enjoyable. I love how i feel like when I am a Tauren I am a Tauren and when I call upon the cat to lend me her form I BECOME A CAT. It's what being a shapeshifting druid is all about. The complexity of the rotation also makes it fun because I feel that not everyone can be a feral combat druid and that makes it unique and I feel like I am doing something amazing.

Aggro, though i completely understand the mechanics behind it all. If a Cat is growling and ripping my face apart I think i would be more concerned about him than somebody with a stick in their hand. One way in which I could see this being improved is not by lessening aggro but just where we gain it. If the cat is behind the target then aggro should be reduced, where as if the cat is in front of the target then aggro is normal for what it is right now. That way we are persuaded more to be in the location that our class should be. OR that we should have aggro increased when we are in front and decreased in the rear. Just a thought.

It's perfect.

the ability to dump leap behind the target while already in combat and shred from behind once before he turns around. I noticed the druids of the flame do this up near the spiders in firelands. they do this move where they run through me and are on my backside and hit me before i can turn around. I would love this for when i am soloing a target. the ability to use shred or attack from behind like they did. This might be a problem in pvp because i could see it easily becoming overpowered.

I can't really think of an attack that i dont use. my rotation pretty much uses all of the feral combat (cat) attack
85 Tauren Druid
PVP first, PVE second

Heroics, and Raids if the opportunity presents itself(which is rare simply due to the way people treat each other)

Arenas, BGs, and would do more Rated BGs but the barriers to entry are way too high, and the rewards are far from worth the effort. You should have let people solo queue for this, or small group queue... I consider this a good idea which ended up a failure... and the neglect of arenas in lieu of Rated BGs is part of what has sucked the fun out of this game for me. Your MMR system SUCKS, sorry, but it just plain sucks, and you know the reasons why.

Sitting in queues that are too long
Having to click on EVERY mob to loot it
Paying a GCD tax for ANYTHING I have to do outside of feral form... its long past time for this crap to go

Being competitive and having REAL choices on what comps I can play in and not being pigeonholed into specific comps... seeing people actually LOOK for a feral druid for their team in chat...

Being considered overpowered(even during times when I am not)

Its a pain at times, and feels a bit clunky, but in PVE thats part of the game... in PVP due to other clunky mechanics(shared GCD on shifting, positional requirements) it becomes almost a nightmare

Shifting on its own separate GCD like stance changing is for warriors. Opportunity costs to do things out of form are WAY too high, and obviously not considered in the overall balancing scheme, because they are easily forgotten about, and tremendously misunderstood.

Hibernate(have to leave form, useless in most circumstances)
Soothe(have to leave form, useless in most circumstances, and in places where I WOULD use it, the opportunity cost is way too high due to shifting GCD as mentioned above)
Cower(HAHAHA)

I wish you guys luck on getting this right, maybe I will come back some day...
100 Night Elf Druid

Primarily PvE, PvP maybe 10% or less of my game time.

Kitty for soloing (old content, dailies, farming) some 5-mans; Tree for 5-mans, 10-man regular and heroic raiding.

Tree for BGs, arena, world PvP.

Marginal burst healing and long cast times of Nourish and Healing Touch are limiting to me; in some cases more so in 5-mans where there is no other healer to back me up, but it's still a concern for 10-mans where I compose 33-50% of the healing roster. Almost every single 5-man I've healed in Cataclysm included 1 or more players taking additional damage, and I have no way to protect them, say via bubbles or CDs, and little means to burst them up. Hard casting Healing Touch with full hots up has often failed me once Nature's Swiftness and Swiftmend are on cool down. I do enjoy the 50% bonus to Nature's Swiftness heals, but a non crit, sub 40k HT as a cool down is terribly under whelming. A substantial crit bonus or guarantee, in conjunction with the 50% healing done bonus would solidify Nature's Swiftness as a essential Tree cool down.

I enjoy the mobility of Tree healing. Also, Savage Roar, Dash, Thorns, Barkskin and Soothe are abilities I use quite often, with an occasional Cat Form & Skull Bash. These help me differentiate myself as a Tree, and increase my value to raids beyond healing. Having Innervate to myself instead of reserving it, helps me consistently gauge my own mana consumption and prepare accordingly. This also prevents me from letting it go unused. Additionally, 3 minute Tranquility allows me to use it uninhibited. The versatility of druids is unparalleled and I love aspects like Cats switching to Bear, Booms healing, or Trees Wrath spamming.

I dread 5-mans be they LFD or guild because my inherent role as a support healer can be a weakness when I am the only healer. I hate letting players die even though the dead could often have helped themselves.

I enjoy the variety of Tree spells at this time. Nourish can feel too punishing in terms of its low yield and long cast respectively. The parameter to activate the Nature's Bounty cast time reduction of Nourish seems rather arbitrary and often inefficient in the moment. Also, I would like to see a reset parameter tailored to Trees in the Nature's Grace talent. That (or other strategies) could help offset the weakness of casting as a Tree. I'd be interested in customizing Regrowth, say via Glyphs to be more hot or direct heavy, or modify the duration.

Transformation effects should persist through forms, or possibly revert when the form is dropped until the original transformation effect expires.

I would like to see a damage reduction / bubble / death combating style cool down implemented for Trees, to supplement our burst weakness.

Though I play Night Elf, I feel like Worgen Druids should have a Dog or Wolf Form instead of a Cat Form, and possibly some aesthetic ability name changes to reflect it. Yes they are Humans which can shift to Worgen which can shift to several other animals, but Dire Wolf form would be much more synchronous to the species.

As a long time Tree, dual spec allowed me to adopt a Kitty (spec) and learn and enjoy it fully. If there were multiple specs introduced, I would be free to invest more effort into Boomkin, but I have been unwilling particularly to undergo the hassle of changing the talents and glyphs from Feral to Balance. Though I raid Resto, my kitty offset is competitive and can be called upon, not so while learning and experimenting with Bookmin.

As a Tree, I use Nourish the least, though do try to for the sake of longevity. It's quite a liability in progression raiding.

As a Kitty I rarely use Pounce or Cower, (but I do have Shadowmeld.)
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] -Pvp

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] -battlegrounds.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.- Healing capability as a balance druid.

What makes playing your class more fun?- love the schools of magic, and the nature related spells

What makes playing your class less fun?- having to stay in moonkin form

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) - Satisfying

What’s on your wish list for your class?- Some sort of stun outside of bear form, and a way to prevent DoTs from being dispelled so easily.

What spells do you use the least? -Hurricane, Nourish

90 Night Elf Druid
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
80/20 PVE/PVP

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, Heroics and working on old content achieves

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs, gearing up for RBG and Arenas.

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I only play as feral and we're in a pretty good place at the moment. I would like to see the option for more customization of the model, or the ability to use a different cat model.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
Speed, versatility (can shift to bear to offtank for brief periods), competitive dps

-What makes playing your class less fun?
Nothing really to contribute here.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
There seems to be a fair amount of downtime in the rotation. Even with maintaining 90%+ uptime on bleeds and SR there are quite a few GCDs where we do nothing.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
The positional requirement for shred is a pain and I'd like to see that go. On fights where you are restricted in positioning, feral dps is often badly nerfed. Think V&T or Argaloth. I'd also like to see a reduction in the cost of skullbash, right now when we are on interrupt duty we pay quite a heavy penalty in lost dps.

-What spells do you use the least?
Claw, there is no situation where mangle or shred isn't better. This spell should not even be in the spell book.
90 Human Warrior
I am sure you will get allot of ideas form this thread what I would like to see or my feedback would be that Prowl work under the same mechanic as stealth
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]