Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Endgame content

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

# What makes playing your class less fun?No true healing form.I have 2 druids and I used to heal and raid with both but now I'm feral b/c the tree form cool down really sucks.I havent been on my other druid for quite some time.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)Rotation is fine just no form.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?To go back to the BC days were tanking was easy.

# What spells do you use the least?cower
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • 99% PvE, 1% PvP

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Heroic 25

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • Arena

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • Though not specific to my class - the lack of customization abilities via Glyphs is subpar. Maybe WoW can take a note from the upcoming rune system in Diablo 3 in an upcoming patch/expansion to provide more customization, flavor, and utility from glyphs.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • The versatility of the class. Having the ability to do many aspects of different specs to assist the group/raid you're in (stuns, roots/crowd control, sooths, combat resurrections, stuns/interupts, run speed increases, sunder armor). Though not all applications can be used in most situations, it makes the class fun and interesting being able to use them all in theory.
    The throughput of Restoration Druids is amazing. All the numbers I get to see when healing is fun for me.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Lifebloom: A clunky essential that needs to be reworked.
    Regrowth: The weakest flash heal in the game.
    PvP: Survivability and lack of burst healing for target switches.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • PvE: The changes Cataclysm made to healing was a huge success for me and I really enjoy the way the spec plays. Though it lacks external mitigation cooldowns, the throughput can make up for it, a style that I find fitting. Mana usage and efficiency are in a great place. The only issues I find are in Lifebloom and Regrowth.

Lifebloom: Incredibly clunky. The fact that I must use 3 GCDs to make it reach its maximum output, only to have it potentially fall if I mis-time a Nourish, Healing Touch, Regrowth, or another application of Lifebloom by a fraction of a second, and then have to repeat the process. The same goes for tank switching and reapplying Lifebloom to the new tank. The bloom effect of Lifebloom is also incredibly unreliable. Glyph of Lifebloom is also pretty weak, but there aren't many other options.

Regrowth: The weakest flash heal in the game. It has an incredibly weak direct heal, followed up by a very weak HoT, that is suppose to make up for the lack of direct healing it does compared to other classes flash heals. But even with the HoT it still falls short. Though Regrowth can be incredibly strong paired with Tree of Life, it still is lacking. Not only that, but it is the only Flash Heal in the game that has a talent that can grant up to increased 60% passive critical heal, which still can't bring it in line with other flash heals. Glyph of Regrowth is basically never used and next to worthless. The only encounter that it was potentially good on was Chimaeron, but as the raid's gear increased, the value of the glyph dropped off because of how fast people would get healed up, plus it was used more so for padding meters rather than being actually useful.
    PvP: Though I don't have much experience as a Restoration Druid in PvP, I feel that I don't have the survivability or utility to actually keep someone alive, let alone myself. This is especially true during target switches.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • A reworking of Lifebloom's application and/or management. In it's current state it is incredibly clunky. Lifebloom is also a baseline ability of all Druids, though the only spec that really ever uses it is Restoration.
    Some changes to Lifebloom that may work:
    -Give Restoration a talent that will automatically apply a 3 stack of Lifebloom.
    -Rework Glyph of Lifebloom or add a new Glyph of Lifebloom that automatically applies 3 stacks to the target.
    -Give an ability that is similar to Detonate: Wild Mushrooms for Lifebloom so we can control when the healing is needed. This fixes a burst healing issue.

A reworking of Regrowth to bring it in line with other flash heals or changing it to be even more unique and have more application other than Tree of Life spam and/or for Nature's Grace.
    Some changes to Regrowth that may work:
    -Remove the HoT component and bring the direct healing in line with other flash heals.
    -Combine Living Seed and the Increased Critical % Chance of Regrowth component of Nature's Bounty. This gives room to add more utility to Nature's Bounty, such as more Lifebloom utility mentioned above.
    -Rework Glyph of Regrowth to increase the amount the HoT heals/lasts or remove the HoT effect and increase the direct heal.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • Thorns. The mana cost is too high for myself to use it on cooldown for poor damage.
    Edited by Exhal on 9/13/2011 8:40 PM PDT
    80 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both, with an emphasis on PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Tanking for heroics and raids. Occasionally DPSing.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs. Used to be active in Arenas but since the nerf to Feral mobility, finding competitive partners has been difficult. Working on getting into Rated BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• All-Around: The mobility nerf. I'd rather do no damage and keep mobility than have lost the class/spec-defining feature.

• PvP: Being the easiest class/spec to control in the game and requiring a Dispel-bot. We're the only class/spec that is affected by every CC in the game. Only a hunter's pet has it as bad as we do.

• Tanking: No interaction with other party/raid members. Our raid utility is limited to Faerie Fire; Tranquility is only usable when DPSing/OTing and even then it's laughable; Rebirth and Innervate are rarely usable when tanking. Lack of control over incoming damage sucks, but recent posts from GC regarding tank design are welcome. Since we're talking about quality of life, Savage Defense goes on the list: I remember the long forum debates and most of the druid community did not want Savage Defense or any similar affect, but felt that as Druids, a self-healing effect (pre-DKs) was more desirable and flavor of the class. I'd love to see the ability to cast a heal in form proc instead of a lame-bubble.

• DPSing: Positioning is suboptimal: I don't mind the requirement for increased damage, I welcome it. My latency is consistently below 40ms, with world latency often between 70-110ms and nothing is more frustrating than actually being behind a target and getting errors, or feral charging to a moving target and ending up completely off the mark.

What makes playing your class more fun?
    Three different resource options to control and different play styles simply by changing forms.

Old hybrid specs; it's a real shame that playing a hybrid class no longer has a hybrid option.

Our old mobility was the reason I chose this class/spec; I quit shortly after that nerf as I no longer had fun (I've only returned because friends paid for my subscription for 1 year). Now I level another mage because I know I can find competitive Arena partners. My druid is rarely touched anymore.

What makes playing your class less fun?
    Having 2200+ arena rated partners try to come up with new strategies to tackle the mobility nerf and hearing "this is ridiculous" after 20+ hours of frustration on the PTR. Eventually being kicked from said competitive teams because healers are sick of kitten-sitting.

For tanking, caring about Agility & Stamina only; still having PvP items that can be competitive to PvE drops.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Bears: It's still boring, but at least better than it used to be. It'd be nice to have more tanking options. Demo Roar and Barkskin aren't exactly exciting and there's little decision making to either of them.

Cats: The old WotLK rotation was superior because of it's complexity; Shred/Rip/Savage Roar is kind of boring. Requiring add-ons for competitive DPS can be a bit of a chore, but it's pretty nice once you get used to them.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A true redesign from the ground up for the spec, which includes old-style absolute mobility. A redesign that doesn't make us feel like a Rogue/Warrior band-aid/kludge class, but has abilities that really work together. We have too many abilities that come from the basis of Warriors/Rogues that don't actually make much sense:

• Savage Defense - Bears need shields because Warriors have them!

• Blood in the Water - Other DPS do significant damage when their enemy is ~20%.

• Stampeding Roar - WTF? Who was doing the Wild Mushrooms when they thought this up? Six years of experiences and this is what you come up with?

• Survival Instincts - Also originally another copy of a warrior ability. This could have been so much cooler, like an ability that bolstered thorns Aura to reflect some of the damage to the enemy instead of just another absorber (which Disc Priests got instead).

Not being able to use spells is a shame. There's so many great designs that could come from being able to use Wild Mushrooms, heals, Moonfire, and others in form. Getting Wild Mushrooms as my big spell for the expansion is something I'd expect LulzSec to make fun on the Battle.Net web site.

What spells do you use the least?
    Wild Mushrooms isn't usable. Challenging Roar has little real usage, especially in a aggro-doesn't-matter WoW.
    90 Worgen Druid
    Resto/Bear here.

PvE, PvP is kind of a "side dish".

Heroics lately, haven't done much raiding this patch.

Just the occasional BG here and there.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Certain spells/items/actions still requiring caster form.

Being able to fill any role is pretty nice, especially since cat/bear share the same items (to an extent) and balance can use "resto" gear (also to an extent).

Being forced to be in a form any time I go into combat, unless I'm resto.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Bear - It's simple enough, might not always be fun, but it's not too bad. I will say I feel more like a DPS with exceptional defenses more-so than a tank however.

Resto - No real rotation, but as far as using heals to my max efficiency, I like it but I feel like an HP pot more than anything. We have nothing but heals at our disposal for the most part, no damage reductions (for the people we're healing, so barkskin doesn't count), not a whole lot of utility, just really good heals all day every day.

1. Certain spells/skills/actions in general being usable in bear/cat/moonkin form. Most important one to me, would be rebirth, as a tank it's tough to cast without putting myself in major danger. 2nd Would have to be a lot of the new engineering enchants, the invisibility field for example is useful, but its quite annoying in the fact that it knocks you out of bear/cat (not sure about moonkin) and you have to switch back "revealing" yourself in the process.

2. More specs being viable/optimal in caster form. Cat an Bear I can understand not working like that, Moonkin I see no reason to not allow it, but I'd still like it to be an option (perhaps a "Glyph of No Form"?) with the upcoming transmogrifying update.

3. Bear and Cat armor (since form-less feral will probably never be an option.) I'd say just make it set armor only (Tiers, PvP sets, random drop/craft sets) that way we can make use of the Transmog update in forms, and have some more customization for our forms.

Bear - Demoralizing Roar, it's useful but I never really feel as if I NEED to use it, so I forget about it quite often.

Resto - Nourish, unless we're not in combat, I rarely use this heal. It's actually better to just wait until your teammates take enough damage for a Healing Touch to be worth it, especially now that the glyph takes 10sec off Natures Swiftness' CD. Regrowth is a close 2nd, unless I'm doing the lynx boss in zul'aman, the only time I use it is when I have an OoC proc, and even then, only if a Healing Touch isn't worth it.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock

I prefer PvP. I miss Ulduar!

Raids like Ulduar!

Arenas. Please don't make RBGs over rewarding as in 3000 conquest point cap, but, instead, rewarding in a unique way.

Still glad that soul shards are gone... lol. (But it'd be super cool to give us a neat vanity pet for doing those old school quests like that 70 ground mount.. I did the quest for the doom guard ritual too. I guess an achievement would do. A title would be pretty sick. Shouldn't we get compensation since everyone gets these for free now?)

Cool talents like soul swap and neat options like soul burning a pet for a 2nd spell lock or instant succubus to knock off a healer or dps. More talents and skills like this please!

Anything stupid like old soul shard system. Or lame boring spells like Soul Burn + Drain Life.

Seems okay. Soul burn needs more options dps wise. Initially I thought soul burn would open up a lot of options for more damage with skills such as searing pain and instant soul fire, but, with searing pain being a joke, and instant soul fire being almost exclusively used for destro (while affliction is currently THE spec) soul burn is sort of bland and almost always reserved for more utility. Not asking for more damage. Just asking for something cool. Perhaps a buff + nerf? Er... Re-balance to include COOL spells.. Not just a faster drain life...

Demon flight form or demon flying mount :3 (Please no fish scales -.-)

Searing Pain. Hard cast shadow bolt. Drain Soul. Going from least to more with pvp in mind.

edit- woops! posted this in the wrong class section! meant to post in warlocks, but warlock thread is full.
    Edited by Sheella on 9/23/2011 8:51 PM PDT
    90 Night Elf Druid
    What type of content do you focus on?

PvE, all specs

If PvE, what type of PvE?

25-man raids, 5-man trolls, soloing (dailies/old world content/loremaster questing)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Respeccing is a hassle. If we can't have tri-specs, could you at least implement a system that remembers your macro/button layout for a spec even after you switch?

Also, if you guys could increase the number of character/global macros we have available, that would be fantastic.

Four different roles to play. It really keeps the game fresh and fun. I can't get bored with my class, I just switch specs. It's like rolling an alt without having to grind reps all over again.

It's murder on the bagspace though.

When you're deadset on juggling different specs, it can feel overwhelming sometimes trying to keep up with everyone. Especially since gear started being limited by badges. It sucks never getting to finish a gear set before the next content patch.

Also, putting druids on the 4-person tier token was a terrible idea. We're always trashing Conq and Protector tokens when there's still a huge line on Vanquisher. (And that's before the druids start on their offspecs...)

That being said, there have been some nice changes in Cata. I like guild cauldrons/feasts as a way to not have to carry stacks of every kind of consumable. I also like unlocking vendors that sell rep rewards for gold, because I can buy gear for multiple specs at once. I also like how there's not a huge gap between 5-man/JP gear and current raiding gear.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Tree: Trees have the best collection of buttons, they're the most active and fast-paced healers. Our single target burst kind of sucks (Chimeraon, ouch), but we have many other strengths so I think it's okay.

Cat: 'If it ain't broke.' Wonderful system for raid bosses. Slight nitpick would be it feels boring and energy-starved on single targets that die fast, but not a big deal.

Boom: Too stagnant and bulky-feeling. Solar cleave on heroic Maloriakk spoiled me. That was mobile and exciting and incredibly fun. I was jumping and planting bombs and tab-targeting - stationary wrath/starfire spam is so dull by comparison. Also the damage in boomkin is too dependent on being in an eclipse state - the 'between' stage is disproportionately weak.

Bear: Things are so much better than in WotLK. My only complaint is the biggest piece of our AoE threat is one button in a 4-global rotation. I'd rather you never be 3 globals from your best button - I'd prefer something like paladins where your AoE snap aggro is every other button instead.

Tree: Nature's Swiftness should have a much shorter cooldown given the amount it heals for. Also I miss perma-tree form. Can't we be treants normally, then turn into the giant afro trees when it's time to bring out the big guns? Also, could you perhaps lower the opacity in the center of the efflorescence circle? My tank asked me to avoid using SM on Shannox because the graphic made it hard for him to see traps.

Cat: Stampeding Roar needs a larger range. I like helping my raid transition faster on Rag, but with basic latency I can't even guarantee I'll hit the person I'm standing directly on top of. Also, I'd kind of like to Soothe from cat form.

Boom: Get rid of the 'between' eclipse state, and balance damage accordingly. Maybe give us another button to hit, and make our overall dps more stable and less dependent on procs. Also something to improve soloing dailies would be great - we're squishy, we don't have controllable burst (outside of eclipse), and we can't keep targets off us very well at all.

Bear: If bears could get some sort of Avenger's Shield style ability, I'd be in heaven. As is, their ranged threat is nonexistent and it's still difficult to group caster mobs together.

Tree: Nourish. It's a time-killer/space-filler, but I hardly use it in 25-man healing.

Cat: Skull bash. You just have to store so much energy for it, I leave the interrupting to other classes unless there are none. I wish it was just free, but that would mess up PvP.

Boom: Hurricane. Which is fine, because channeled AoE strategies are boring. You hit 1 button every 10 seconds?

Bear: Thorns. It's just not worth shifting out and losing rage between pulls to apply it. Which is a shame, because if thorns isn't meant for bears, who's it meant for? Really it just needs to be castable in bear form.
    Edited by Arkkas on 9/13/2011 8:12 PM PDT
    90 Troll Druid
    I enjoy both PVE and PVP

I want a separate PVP spec tree (in addition to my already 2 spec tree's)

This way, I can have both my main and offspec for PVE and not have to use one of them for my PVP spec
    90 Night Elf Druid
    PvP.

-
    All

The underwhelming performance in Rated PvP as Restoration.

Not too much. If nothing is changed in 4.3 changing from Resto to Feral. Going a whole expansion being the weakest link as a healer is getting old.

Consistantly being the least desirable healing class to take to Rated Battlegrounds. As well as Arena.

Healing as Restoration yields no rotation. We are forced to play reactive, managing our abilities to mitigate damage through CC. Stacking Lifebloom is frustrating because of hard target switches, and how many GCD's we have to burn in order to keep our effective healing up.

Treeform to be reverted back to a form you can switch into at any time and not on CD.
    Lifebloom to be different. Being able to cast a 3 Stack of Lifebloom on a player perhaps at a higher mana cost or a short CD.

Nourish is basically useless in Rated PvP. If you are able to a 2 second cast off at any time during PvP it is a blessing.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock

Respeccing is a hassle. If we can't have tri-specs, could you at least implement a system that remembers your macro/button layout for a spec even after you switch?

Also, if you guys could increase the number of character/global macros we have available, that would be fantastic.

I'm with Arkkas above. Give us a way to store these things. Sort of like equipment manager does. Perhaps even let us have 10 specs that are saved at the trainer, but we have to go to the trainer and pay for the repsec. Maybe even place a 10 minute cooldown on the respec if you respec more than 3 or so times if you guys don't want raiders shifting 1 or 2 talent points per raid boss (since getting to city to raid to city is so fast and easy). Then we don't have to do all that clicking. If storing all this stuff server side is an issue, let us store is locally like how old key binds use to work.
    Edited by Sheella on 9/13/2011 7:51 PM PDT
    90 Tauren Druid
    Teleport: Moonglade

I know the purpose of this spell is set in stone. It would be cool, however, if at some point in the future Moonglade would become a kind of capital city of Druids, in the way Dalaran is the city of Mages. Maybe in preparation for the Emerald Dream expac, whenever that will be.

Dalaran has always been called the city of Mages, yet not until Cata when it suddenly became marginally difficult to get there did that really make sense. My mage can port there. All my other toons have to hoof it, buy a port, "ghetto port" to the tournament, or blow several thousand gold on a ring. Not huge obstacles, but it really does make Dalaran a sweet mage hangout.

I would like to see something similar done with Moonglade. A glorious tree city of the druids.

Quality of Life Issues

I am feral cat nearly all the time, doing mostly quests and farming with a few heroics. Haven't been very active at all in Cata for various reasons, some Blizz's fault, some not.

My chief pet peeve is my neutered ability to heal myself between fights. In LK, I could be 1/2 HP and heal to full with one HT. Now I barely have enough mana to top myself off. Lots of healing changes make this understandable, but not appreciated. The LK model was easy, felt right, and was proactive. The Cata model is annoying, slow, and draining (mentally and mana-ly).

Rotation rotation rotation

I like feral rotation. I like it a lot. I have one small complaint, that I could technically solve myself--but hey, if I have to fix it, it's still broke, right?

Kitty charge -> ravage mechanic. I greatly appreciate the huge mobility buff. However, I don't like that the "best" way to "get the most" out of my free ravage is to [charge -> cast a bunch of attacks for maximum buff@ge until it's nearly the last second and then -> ravage]. So largely I ignore the spasticity-inducing method for the much more dumb-kitty [charge -> ravage] approach.

I don't like that the spastic method is incentivised. I would prefer something simpler. I feel no qualms saying it--one little thing made simpler in one of the most complex rotations. Incentivise [charge -> ravage] dumb-kitty method, please?

[EDIT: bizzare censor...sometimes its just a cigarette...]
    Edited by Hudax on 9/13/2011 8:11 PM PDT
    85 Worgen Hunter
    Restoration Druid (Zellatia of Moon Guard)

PvE, mainly.
    Reg dungeons.
    Nope!
    Perma-tree-form.
    Woo, mana!
    I didn't spec oomkin why am I oom D:
    Mash rejuv and lifebloom. Win.
    Perma-tree.
    I use nearly every ability that applies to healers as used
    85 Goblin Mage
    (Can't post from Druid, sorry. Not letting me change my toon ><)

What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroic dungeons and normal 10mans

As a bear, threat was a huge issue for me since I much prefer dps to go nuts and down content, rather than sit there twiddling their thumbs while I work on a threat lead. That is no longer an issue and I want to make a point of stating that. I'm now a very happy Yogi!

More fun than other classes? Or more fun than where druids are now?

In terms of the former, I absolutely LOVE the versatility of druids. No matter what my mood, I can pretty much cover all forms of the game: tank, rDPS, mDPS and healing. Sure, the set collection is a bit painful, but it's just so much ... fun!

As for the latter, I can't think of anything 'globally' appropriate to suggest. Of course, there are very specific instances where an improvement or change here or there would make a huge difference, but that's where other classes come in. I think it's remiss to have one class that is ace at ANY encounter. There are times when a shield tank SHOULD be better. Otherwise, why have multiple tanking classes?

Threat issues. Since they are no more, I'm hoping this comment will support any decision to keep them as they are. It was just painful prior to the change (see below).

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Since the threat changes, it's fine. Prior to that, I was at a point where I was totally disregarding any damage reduction abilities and reserving all my GCDs for threat mechanics (I regularly group with very trigger-happy arcane mages and boomkins). Now, I have a nice balance between happy dps and happy healers.

One thing that made me leave resto behind was the lack of a permanent ToL form. Every other type of druid does their 'thang' in a form ... why not resto?

Also, what I wouldn't give to be able to customise my druid form separately from my caster form. Just because I want white fur doesn't mean I also want white hair.

Soothe (I'd use it far more regularly if it didn't take me out of bear form)
    90 Tauren Druid
    ■What type of content do you focus on?

PVP-all-Moonkin

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I liked more the previous eclipse bonuses. It is pretty boring and takes some time to reach an eclipse and then last verry little. Furthermore we need to cast in order to reach an ecplipse (not taking into account moonfire spam, it is ridiculous ,takes time and you do verry little damage) and in PvP we get no chance to do so.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Boomkin appearacne

■What makes playing your class less fun?

No instant roots, no instant Cyclone as balance, no dispell protection.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It is pretty bad

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Redisign balance mastery. You have an increased 40% chance crit will all arcane spells while in Lunar eclipse. You gain 40% haste with all nature spells while under solar eclipse. To balance a bit damage you could increase our spell dagame by 15% at all times.

Improved cyclone OR new spell for balance. Unstable Tornado: You entrap your enemy targte in an unstable tornado. Making him unmune to all spells attacks and effects but those from your allys and yours. Last 6 sec. It is like a cyclone, undispelable but you can still hit the targtet, his allys cant cast anything on him.

New defencife spell. Fly attemp: The moonkin attemps to fly flapping its wing as fast as he cans. But instead he crates a shield of wind around himself for 8 sec. The shield reflest up to 4 harmfull spells and makes the caster immun to all meele attacks. Instant cast

6 minutes ago

85 Night Elf Druid
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Solely PVE.

All of the above, Including quests and reputation grinding

For a feral cat druid PVP isn't even an option due to the lack of energy and I'm too easily controlled by stuns and fear.

Where issues are concerned. I'm too easily stunned and feared by enemies and players alike. I dont have enough energy in cat form to attack. Basically as a feral cat druid, I don't even have the option to PVP. Simply because it would be far too much of a headache
    than it ought to be due to the lack of feral energy and how I'm so easily feared and stunned.

Overall lack of armor and weapon availability.
    I'm a feral cat druid; my armor is leather with Agility and Stamina. Regrettably, most of the leather armor available is with Intellect. It's with the caster in mind, while the tanks and damage dealers are predominantly over looked. 95% of armor drops in any instance even in quests are plate, or mail, with the rare cloth armor piece thrown in.
    Even so far back as level 55 my gear was becoming difficult to find. Now at level 85, I feel as if I am forced to grind for honor and valor points to get any gear that's decent.

Also, at least for feral cats, I heavily rely on a good weapon. This is an issue for the simple fact that like leather armor; a decent weapon is also too few and far between. I prefer pole-arms due to their excellent damage output. But at level 85 with the exception of
    fire lands the best weapon(s) are staffs. Another issue is the problem of energy. I am forever running out of energy and it's restoration/recovery speed never seems to increase; nor does the overall amount of energy.

My ability to full fill many roles when or if needed. Either in a group or solo. I am able to full fill so many roles; be it tank, damage dealer, or a healer. I also love changing into beast forms.

Too easily controlled by others, I'm too easily feared, stunned, or silenced. So if, I'm attacked by someone of the opposing faction and they are able to control me by any one of the above; I don't even bother to fight back not that I could even if I wanted too. Also there has been too many times I was kicked from a group because of a boss constantly stunning or fearing me.

My rotation is fine, it's the lack of energy that's the issue. I go through my energy so quickly in a fight; all I can do is auto attack while I sit and wait for it to recover.
    I find myself praying that clear casting will kick in so that way I have a shot at taking down a tougher enemy but sadly, that dosent happen as often as i need it to,
    to be of any real help.

Faster energy recovery, more energy available to me, Not being so easily
    manipulated by enemies or other players.[stun, fear, silence, etc..]
    Beast form customization. I would like to alter how my beast forms look rather than just a coat of paint. I would like to change what the beast forms wear, the style and length of the mane. I'd like to see the tattoos I have in my elf form show on my beasts forms.
    Also this spell [Druid of the Flames]
    "Requires Cat Form You appear as a Druid of the Flame while in Cat Form
    or until cancelled."
    I would love for this to be made permanent along with a fire-bird flight form!

I play as a feral cat and I only occasionally use anything else that's not part of my rotation, teleport, or a healing spell.
    1 Human Mage
    It would not let me change my avatar, I am Owlcaholic from server KT
    Both

Raids

arenas(as feral) bgs and rated bgs
    Absolutely terrible defensive abilities and control that allows damage to enemy. typhoon bugged, shrooms not working alot of the time.

Knocking people off at the lumber mill. Being a fatkin in raids.

Strictly pvp we have no real pvp viability, eclipse takes forever to get to. One might say"You can really wreck people if nobody targets you... well so can any class if left alone to free cast. We are very easily locked out of casting all together and cant get away. no instant abilities like fear, or freezing enemy

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Its ok but can really be terrible when switching. As for pvp absolutely terrible in arenas

To finally be competitive in arenas. Get rid of eclipse in pvp. Give feral back shapeshift out of roots, get rid of feral instant casts. Give balance druids a fear or silence ability. Make roots not break on damage or give us more control in pvp.

Hurricane
    90 Troll Druid
    i do pve raids as moonkin and really don't like pvp at all. i've probably done maybe 20 arena/bg total since the end of TBC.

i run a lot of heroic 5man dungeons and actually enjoy them. most of this has to do with the class mechanics of the class i'm playing. i really loved back in wotlk when you could tank as unholy (DK) and do insane damage as the tank - i still like tanking as bear more than tanking as any other class just because you use abilities more frequently and do lots of damage, but i've been mostly playing moonkin in heroic dungeons too.

make moonkin form just a cooldown a-la arcane power so i can see my armor sometimes

give moonkin and the other feral forms some animations for stuff like /flex and /train.

wild mushrooms is my favorite ability. if you turn balance into some sort of mushroom-mancer class where the only spells we have are varieties of wild mushrooms, i'd probably be 100% a-okay with that.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]