Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Deffinatly perma tree form as im seeing a lot of other resto druids are answering with as well. idk why its on a cd now doesnt make any sense why bear isnt on a cd or bookin isnt on a cd as well. im not saying i want those on CD to make up for i just want permenant tree form back : (

What makes playing your class more fun? just the style of healing. being able to heal everyone at the same time makes me feel BA

What makes playing your class less fun? not having permenant tree form anymore

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) rotation is good besides the fact that HT and nourish take so long to cast. if they could take less time to cast even a 1 sec cast time would be great.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Perma tree again

What spells do you use the least? regrowth
85 Tauren Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas, BGs.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Being required to stay behind a target to get viable damage for shred in pvp, it's very frustrating. It's very easy for say a DK or hunter to strafe kite a snared feral and avoid damage; the worst is when a player hugs his back against a wall to avoid damage and he happens to be the only target on the team I have a chance at killing until he's wall hugging which then means nothing in the game happens, no one on that team can die in most cases since mp5 and heals are easily powerful enough to keep up with mangle damage.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Fighting as an animal and seeing big burst numbers as opposed to the consistent stale numbers of an affliction warlock or enhance shaman.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Missing out on seeing my character improve visually as my gear improves. I'm always in forms so I just feel like the same thing all the time even when I get completely new gear. There aren't enough options for variety among druids to make their forms unique.

Getting spammed with fear and roots and hibernate and not having a break for any of them. (Yes we're immune to polymorph and have 2 roots breaks each on 2 min cd but in the course of an arena match it's practically nothing against frost mages, HOLY @#$!)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

My feral rotation feels pretty nice, keeping bleeds up isn't too much to ask. However more often than not I don't get to use shred in my pvp rotation so I'm missing out on a lot of damage. I feel like it has become more difficult to be behind a target lately for some reason and I've noticed other ferals and rogues agree. Beats me.

In WotLK we used to have to keep savage roar up at all times, but now it seems we don't need it for anything anymore. I feel like we lost what was an opportunity for a really cool finishing move, but it just became + auto attack damage which really doesn't mean much of anything anymore. I don't know very many feral druids in pvp or pve that use savage roar anymore.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

A new feral ability:

- New feral cat form attack with an interesting new mechanic. Right now it's just snares/damage/DOTs.
- Some sort of anti-magic shield or cloak of shadows with a short duration so it isn't too op. Or maybe in the next expansion it won't be op at all, I thought skull bash was going to be op in cata but it isn't.
- A blessing of freedom type of ability, immune to snares and roots for an allotted time (this should have been Stampeding Roar).
- An ability to grant immunity to fear for some time.
- 1 more second added onto Maim (matching the duration of rogue's kidney shot)
- Thorns usable in forms
- Cat Vanish? Lol
- New Feral Form(s): Either one new form for the Feral tree in particular, or I'd like to see other types of druids (of the serpent, of the nightmare, etc.) this would be awesome.
- Also imagine if feral could be broken into 3 different talent trees. I know this won't happen, but really if that were possible it would be incredible. Maybe expand on every hybrid class in that way, would really spice the game up.
- A Colossus Smash type of ability allowing ferals to temporarily shred without a position requirement?
- An attack in between the damage numbers of mangle and shred. So when you can't get shred off you aren't stuck spamming mangle for terrible damage.

This all sounds incredibly OP combined together, but y'know just throwing suggestions for whichever you might think would be good to use.

# What spells do you use the least?

Hurricane, Savage Roar, Claw, Growl, Cower, Soothe, Innervate, Wild Mushroom (what if you found a way to make that useful for feral omg that'd be so neat), Insect Swarm, Nourish, Regrowth.
90 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] BOTH

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] RAIDS

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] ALL

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. AS A BEAR MY BIGGEST GRIPE IS NOT BEING ABLE TO USE MANY OF MY ABILITIES IN BEAR FORM. BEING ABLE TO BATTLE REZ WITHOUT SHIFTING OUT OF BEAR FORM WOULD BE A WELCOME CHANGE.

What makes playing your class more fun? I LIKE BEING ABLE TO ASSUME DIFFERENT FORMS

What makes playing your class less fun? NOT BEING ABLE TO DO A NUMBER OF THINGS WHILE IN A CERTAIN FOR E.G. NO BREZ WITHOUT CHANGING FORM.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) FOR THE MOST PART I LIKE THE ROTATION BUT I DO FIND HAVING TO SACRIFICE LACERATE FOR PULVERIZE VERY IRRITATING ESPECIALLY AS EXP AND HIT ARENT IMPORTANT/WORTH TAKING OVER DODGE AND THEREFORE A STRING OF MISSES/DODGES/PARRIES ARE VERY IRRITATING.

What’s on your wish list for your class? BEING ABLE TO DO MORE THINGS WHILE IN FORMS. I UNDERSTAND THAT WE SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO USE MOONFIRE AND INSECT SWARM WHILE IN BEAR BUT A REZ OR THORNS ON MYSELF WHILE IN BEAR FORM SHOULDNT BE OUT OF THE QUESTION.

What spells do you use the least? BALANCE SPELLS?
85 Tauren Warrior
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Laserkin looks like a man I have tarred and feathered. I foam at the mouth whenever I think about how Blizz put it in the game, but never updated the model. I have stopped playing it because of this. Also, I mass being able to stare at my stubby treant feet when I have little to do.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Moonfire is pretty. HoTs are fun to play with, as well as superior healer mobilty.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Old boomkin model, new balance mechanics feel lackluster. I have to say the old crit based eclipsed was more fun than the new haste based one.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Boom is alright, but having to work so hard to get bad results makes me cry when put up to mages. Also, sometimes the eclipse meter feels like it drags. Maybe give us a way of refreshing DoTs for casting other spells to keep the eclipse meter moving?

What’s on your wish list for your class?

If crit was competitive for boomkin, I would be a happy man.

Arrakoa glyph for boomkin. They already wear shoulders and robes in-game, so it'd be a nice way to show your gear when shapeshifted, plus shifty twitchy bird movements are cool.

Permanent old tree form, maybe with an option to show shoulders/gloves/belts, but not robes. Stubby treant feet amuse me.

Boomkin feels the same as it did back in WotLK. All we got for a new mechanic is an old talent. I would like to see some options (like SMF versus TG for warriors, maybe give us crit versus haste talent options).

Dragon form cooldown. My cool downs don't feel very epic in moonkin or resto. Can we have broccoli form replaced with a dragon, and get something similiar for the other specs. I mean, our shapeshifting is our coolest feature, I don't see why it hasn't become a cool damage cooldown yet.

Being able to use soothe to remove enrages is cool. Can healers get more of mechanics like that?

Switch moonfire and starfire sounds and visuals, or at least give starfire a cooler effect. For one of our strongest spells, it makes the wimpiest sound and has the lamest visual. Meanwhile, moonfire, a DoT, sounds like I dropped a nuke on a guy, and looks like just used a killsat on him.

What spells do you use the least?
I don't use hibernate nearly enough. Soothe is cool, and being able to remove enrages is nice, but it rarely feels like it makes a difference. As a healer in heroics, I try to remove enrages whenever, but I don't if it's worth the mana or cooldown.
85 Night Elf Druid

PvP, guild used to do raids but we're kinda dead at the moment.

Raids were always the focus.

Unrated BGs with friends for the mostpart, I enjoyed arenas back in wrath, being a kitty back then there was something missing... (see later wish).

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Somebody already mentioned the lack of tree of list form (perma), I'd kinda like it to be an option, seein' as how Transmogrification will allow me to show off a bit of old gear while healing I wouldn't like to see it just bounce back to how things were in wrath.

Utilities! Gimme (as a healer) that trap that boomkins can knab.

Less utilities! Mai poor kitty form is no longer in operation, I miss that instant root... Perhaps gimme this new ability that I'll mention...

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Love it, it's the reason I rolled a druid, I liked that I wasn't like an arcane mage (although I have one of them now, and love him).

I would like this ability which I've nicknamed "Gotch'yer @$$!". I remember back in Wrath doing arenas as a cat that the healer would back into a corner so you couldn't shred. Sometimes if you were fighting a warrior/healer (I did mostly 2s) it'd be hell to attack the warrior in the corner, but if you wait his charge goes off CD... what do you do then (to the enemy healer I was thinking)? Why, Gotch'yer @$$! You bite the enemy and spin them around stunning them for 3 seconds, 3 seconds of shreddin' his sorry @$$! Or, how about being to grab/bite the enemy and drag him around for a couple seconds doing a bit of DoT (and getting the fool outta his corner!)?

Thanks for this, and to the rouges saying "I want that!", I've got one thing to say. BLIND!

Teleport: Moonglade. As a cat: Claw (useless!), Healer: Regrowth (too much manas!) Balance: That... magic mushroom (althought I think you widdened it's radius of effect, maybe it's less useless now). Bear... Things are pretty useful I think. Way to be, Blizz!
100 Tauren Druid
All from resto Pov
Both
Raids and Old raids
Bgs

Lack of passive defense

maneuverability while healing

Mana restrictions and the removal of the raid blanket playstyle

Strongly prefered the raid blanket raid healing style {with rejuvenation}

New Moves!
Druid only cosmetic changes
When i played in WOTLK i very much enjoyed having treeform as a constant healing buff and armor buff, it came in handy in both pvp and pve, but whenever i felt too well geared for an instance i just left myself in caster form to even things out. that gameplay is now lost and i am a sad ex-tree
A class specific buff, seeing as kings is the same thing as motw, i hardly have to buff anymore

Nourish has become garbage, and rejuvination went from my favorite spell to one i hardly touch
Edited by Cyäegha on 9/14/2011 2:36 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [Both]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Soloing]

If PvP, what type of PvP? [BGs]

Quality of life: Something that has made the class a lot less fun for me is the lack of a heal bar.

What I'd really like to see is a return of tree form, but at least give us a heal 'stance' so that I can have my good caster mix of spells and then all my heal spells all on one bar without having to use some kind of addon.

I miss the HoTs.

Efflorescence: This, I love. The ground effect is fun and satisfying to watch and while it's changed a couple times since Wrath started, oh well. It's one of the few 'fun bringers' to either PvP or PvE for me.

Cata Rotations and spell changes.

Lifebloom: This used to be my 'top off' spell after a fight to help the group get up and running faster. If need be, only let me 'roll' on one target, but losing Lifebloom as a viable spell for the whole group butchered how I healed 5-mans.

Regrowth: I get that this is now meant to be the 'fast inefficient heal' but what was wrong with Nourish holding that slot? I'd rather see this go back to granting a much longer HoT. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I liked Druid healing because it didn't feel like everybody else and I got to choose how many HoTs and where.

Nourish: This was the inefficient, fast heal. Right now I feel like I have two Healing Touches. Yes, I get that each is "supposed" to do something different and be the "medium" heal, but since I'm using Lifebloom so less often thanks to the single-target limitation it's 'special' refresh just doesn't feel that special.

Overall tanking isn't fun anymore with the general system changes. Heck, I can say the same about healing. I don't feel special and unique as a druid for either role, I can pick up my paladin or DK and tank just as easily (or better) and my shaman or priest heal about the same style as my druid does now. One of the only reasons I've stuck around is because I play with my family. It's a chance we have to all do things together, but if you notice my boss kill count list from Cata compared to Wrath... I don't do much on this toon anymore thanks to that... and I used to be a heavy participant in the community.

We have a rotation? Sorry, but I stopped doing much of the raid/instance content as of Cata because it was so much less fun for me. I would prefer to return to the Wrath rotations.

I need some way to either convert parry to dodge and maybe return strength to being more useful (or as useful) as agility. Seriously, I hate having to just steal from rogues, hunters, and shaman for the 'extra' slots. If I'm tanking I should be able to roll on tank extras without thinking 'hmm, that parry is really going to go to waste, so let's just shard it.'

Survival Instincts now is Frenzied Regeneration?
I never did catch the memo on why this changed, but since it did, I'd appreciate some knowledge share here. Seriously. Maybe I was just distracted by the fact my favorite form (tree) was getting tossed into an extra trinket slot, but I just don't understand why a rage -> health conversion was a bad thing. DKs make health for themselves in a pretty literal way, why can't we do the same?
Edited by Aniendha on 9/13/2011 9:27 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Shaman
Balance Druid perspective:

Both - Mostly PvP though

Other - 5 Mans

Arena, BGs

-Typhoon is buggy. I press the button and sometimes it goes off fine. Other times the animation goes off but the spell doesnt hit (not a miss) or go on cooldown. Nothing happens.
-Mushrooms are terrible. 3 GCDs to get full use out of that spell with a minor snare and mediocre damage is not worth it.
-Wrath/Starfire take forever to cast.
-Eclipse is a terrible mechanic for pvp. It require chain casting to get full use out of which is impossible in a pvp enviroment.

Its not. I use to like the shapeshifting, pretty spells, and nature-y feel of the spec but the negatives far outweigh the positives now.

No escape mechanisms, 1 minor defensive cooldown, long cast times, some spells are actually a detriment to cast like roots, buggy spells, being a punching bag for whoever want to hit me.

Other than eclipse being bad in pvp I'm fine with single target rotation. Hurricane needs to be worthwhile for aoe rotations.

-Typhoon bug fixed
-Mushrooms need to a 1 gcd spell.
-At least 1 nuke able to be casted in a pvp environment.
-Eclipse scrapped.
-Treants need to have more mobility and be a worthwhile dps cooldown.
-Moonkins need some sort of major defensive cooldown, self healing, escape mechanism, deterrent to being attack, or instant cc.
-Roots need to be worthwhile to cast.

Depending on what spec I am or what situation I am in every spell gets some use.
Edited by Zevahcotineb on 9/13/2011 9:56 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE.
Raiding. 10 man normal to be specific.
BGs to get honor to buy pve gear.

It would be nice if travel form was worth using. It seems that outside of PVP it has little point.

Stampeding roar has such a small radius that it may as well be single target. The odds of it hitting another player (especially with my latency) is so small that I would never ever rely on it.

I never get to see my character wearing my loot. The staff of firekitty seems like a small step in the right direction. Even just something so small as applying enchant glows to my claws and teeth would be nice.

Being able to drop into any of the 3 roles at no more cost than switching spec and gear, and being able to switch between tanking and dpsing without changing anything. I'd like to see this being given to more classes in fact. I find it hard to play any of my alts because I miss this ability so much.

A lack of tanking tools. Druids seem to be built around flexbility, but a great deal of that disappears while you're bear tanking. You can't switch out and stun, innervate, bres, tranq, soothe etc while you have a boss eating your face.

Basically in every single fight my niche is "you can switch dps while the boss is on the other tank", which is cool, but I'm cut out of kite-tanking, taunt mechanics like beth's spinners etc.

Rotation is pretty good overall, with some minor issues.

Kitty: It can be frustrating when there are bosses where shred isn't useable. Pounce and feral charge both seem to have minimum/maximum range issues where they are never useable at any range on some bosses.

Bear: I think it's a bit wierd that the tank classes all have an AOE as part of their single-target rotation.
Infected wounds (and whatever the pally one is) are tied to single-target abilities only, meaning that we both mitigate groups less well than warriors and DKs.
In heroics, rage starvation is an issue: again, lack of tools - enrage is the only way to generate rage without hitting things or being hit, so it's easy to go into a pack without the ability to generate aggro on them.

It would be nice if swipe applied infected wounds.

It would be nice to get challenging roar turned into something useful.

It would be nice if stampeding roar applied to the whole raid. Or at least everyone within 40 yards.

It would be nice to get a few more buttons to press in bear form. Some way to generate rage would be nice.

It would be nice to get some minor cosmetic effects from gear. I don't want to be a bear wearing armor, but it would be nice if some of the glows and effects showed up occasionally.

Cyclone (I appreciate it's simply not for me - it's for PVP), soothe beast, travel form, challenging roar.
Edited by Jashiliter on 9/13/2011 9:47 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
PvE

Heroics, Raids, Quests, Dailies

Mana-related stress where applicable.(see below)
Bear tanks considered on par with the other tanking classes in terms of survivability and cooldown availability.

Teleport: Moonglade. I go to Darnassus often, this spell helps me get there. It's home.
Defined class roles with some limited signature class utility. The days of the hybrid druid doing it all in one spec with several sets of gear are over, and that is fine.

This is less relevant to the here and now, but was definitely an issue early on in this expansion. Whether you're moonkin or a resto druid, stress generated from mana issues is unnecessary. I appreciate the fact mana isn't unlimited in supply; I understand there must be a consequence to using it inefficiently. However, when it is being used efficiently without success, the point of failure needs to be more obvious to the everyman. Not just the guy running recount that notices the group's DPS is low. Poor healing and poor dpsing look the same from the dirt: Healer is oom.

A way to keep the mana penalty without crippling everyone at once would be to make using the same inefficient spell several times in succession or within a certain time frame would increase the cost exponentially (i.e. Arcane Blast)

You want your healer to use the quick, mana-inefficient emergency heal to save a life. You don't want them to use it to top off or to avoid using the spell altogether.

__

Rage tanks vs. non-rage tanks. As with runes and mana, it would be nice to count on always having your resource available to get started, but you'll have to give me moment if I'm not quite ready.

No major qualms.

A remedy to spells that require you to be outside such as Travel Form and Flight Form that cannot be used immediately after going outside due to client-side latency.
Feral abilities(Faerie Fire (Feral), Demo Roar) no longer using spell hit table.
Color customization of flight form.
Rage availability at the beginning of combat, not on a 1 minute cooldown or dependent upon the use of Furor.

Thorns. I get the idea it has some situational use, but when it was reduced to a short buff it meant I stopped using it regularly. Cower.
90 Night Elf Druid
There are only a few things I want to suggest so I wont do the whole layout. I would like feral charge bear to generate rage instead of costing rage, much like a warriors charge. I would also like resto druids to have a "flash heal" type spell, the only thing that comes close is regrowth.
85 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] 2200+ PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]N/A

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas and then RBGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Energy regen

# What makes playing your class more fun? Outplaying mages

# What makes playing your class less fun? Sitting in roots/fears that you can do nothing about

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) One of the hardest to master currently in game, although i think it is in a good spot currently.

# What’s on your wish list for your class? Freedom type ability, or a fear breaker.

# What spells do you use the least? Thorns
85 Gnome Mage
This is supposed to be on my 85 resto druid, but battle.net is being stubborn right now...

- Both

- Mainly heroics and Zandalari heroics.

- BGs

- In PvE: Not having a short cast, "oh crap" heal. When a group member is taking a lot of damage there is really no fast, short cast spell to heal them quickly. At the moment there is only Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch, and that's only every three minutes. If someones taking a lot of damage fast and Nature's Swiftness is on cooldown, I have to stack on the HoTs as fast as I can. Rejuv + Swiftmend + Regrowth + Wildgrowth + possibly Life Blooms. If I'm lucky and they stay alive through all of that, all of those HoTs are usually enough to heal them, or at least stabilize the health loss.

In PvP: Besides having a trinket, which I don't have yet, there is no way to escape stuns. More often than not when I am attacked by a rogue I am stunned to death. If I'm fast enough and lucky enough I can get off a Barkskin and Nature's Grasp and run away. I suppose this might be a way to balance PvP by making rogues somewhat of an "anti-healer" class, but it's still annoying not even having a statistically significant chance to survive.

- The shapeshifting and utility. I'm dual specced resto and feral. Between those two I can do almost anything. I don't tank in feral, but if something goes wrong while I'm questing or in a dungeon, I can shift to bear and pull it off for a few minutes to fix the situation. I like being able to spec to feral and quest with ease, then spec back to resto and doing what I love and heal in dungeons and BGs. Also the ability to shift to cat form in resto and prowl. Many an unsuspecting opponent has thought that a node was guarded by only one or two people just to be pounced by me then killed by my teammates while I kept them alive.

- Honestly, not much. I was going to write about not having another quick cast heal spell again, but I though about how well I do and I always manage to get through with few to no deaths. So it might be stressful, but good druid healing is possible. I've tried many classes in my six or so years in WoW and druid is definitely my favorite.

- I think it's fine. Besides, there really is no rotation for heroics or BGs. There is somewhat of a rotation for Zandalari dungeons, and I haven't raided with my druid, so not sure about that. But the rotation seems fine. I pile on the triple Life Blooms and add a Rejuv. then either refresh the Life Bloom and Rejuv when needed or caste a Swiftmend or Nourish when needed. I have no problems with mana management, unless I'm working with people who are new to the dungeon but then that's expected and I try to work with them. Overall I like the variety of druid heals that I have to choose from. (Except that 3 min cooldown on Nature's Switfness! But I guess that's just a limitation of class for balance and uniqueness and I can live with that)

- Not much. I would like to see travel form become a druid mount though. We already have flight form, and being a worgen druid just made me realize how convenient having a land mount form would be. Just change the travel form skin a bit and speed it up of course, and there you go. To keep the balance in PvP, just put the standard mount cast time on the ability when in a BG. With the PvP cast time added, there would be no unfair advantage, just a convenience issue of not having to summon a mount like everyone else. Plus it would help bring back some class uniqueness to the game.

- Definitely the Teleport to Moonglad spell. With druid trainers in all the other capital cities there's really no reason to go there. While we're on that, back to the wish list: improve Moonglade! Give us a reason to go there!
90 Troll Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas and Rated BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Having to shift out of Cat Form to dispel Enrage via Soothe.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Shapeshifting. You guys took stance-dancing from Warriors, and by comparison it makes me love the way Feral is designed even more.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Nothing. I've played it since Vanilla. The only thing that's been irking me is the way Balance and Resto got completely shafted in arenas for this entire expansion.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I enjoy it more than other classes/specs I've played, both as Bear and Cat. It's one of those rotations that isn't very hard, but at the same time can be complex in it's own way.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• -Boomkin and Resto viability in arenas.
    -Reskinning of Travel and Aquatic Form.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Hurricane and Cower. Both are next to useless, with Hurricane being slightly better only because it can pop people out of Stealth. The mana cost is still ridiculously high in any case.
    Edited by Bootsy on 9/13/2011 10:15 PM PDT

• - Both
  • - 10 man Normal Raids
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • - Arenas
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • - Having an aggro dump (i.e. iceblock, feign death, bubble, etc.)
  • - the versatility
  • - I love my class, so nothing to say here :)
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • - I'm not a fan of having an active mastery while other classes/specs have a passive one. Resto druids have to do something to activate it, and keep it active while other healing classes have passive bonuses (see: priests, shaman, paladins). I understand you wanting us to use our direct heals more but they are situational and certain fight mechanics do require it. It just makes me sad that when I'm paying attention to stuff blowing up in my face and health bars, that sometimes the harmony buff will fall off - it's almost impossible to have 100% uptime and any uptime lost is our mastery going to waste. Other healers don't even have to think about their mastery bonus - it's just there. Either give us the passive buff, or make it something all healers must activate and make an effort to keep it up.
  • Damage spells :) .. I use all my healing spells, probably Healing Touch the least since I'm generally not a tank healer with all the holy pallies in my guild.
    85 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE
    If PvE, what type of PvE? Formerly raids, currently just heroics and stuff. Might get back into raiding at a later date.
    If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A. Haven't so much as joined a BG, arena or TB fight in months.
    what are your biggest quality-of-life issues? As a feral (bear), I'd like to see more active defensive abilities.
    What makes playing your class more fun? The knowledge that I'm contributing in a tangible way. DPS is obvious, and tanking requires me to stay alive and keep mobs off the rest of the group. If I was underpowered, I'd find it frustrating.
    What makes playing your class less fun? The animal forms are awesome, but you get sort of "locked in" to a certain number of abilities. Other hybrid classes can still use all their non-talented abilities at all times, with some exceptions.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? Seems fine. Bear isn't overly complicated and cat keeps me busy.
    What’s on your wish list for your class? The aforementioned defensive cooldowns. And to be able to dual wield shields.
    What spells do you use the least? Nearly anything out of the balance/resto tree. Thorns is particularly egregious, as pointed out early in this thread.
    85 Worgen Druid

Mostly focus on pve, heroics atm.

Definitely would love some sort of threat drop for resto druids but otherwise no complaint. I love the versatility of the druid class, just a little effort to get the gear and you can fill just about any role, and forms, forms forms! Though loosing the perma ToL was sad, would rather have seen it nerfed for balance and left permanent. Usually when things get hairy I forget to use it anyway, too busy focusing on party health. It is sad the resto is the only druid spec without a permanent special form. Rotation is fine, I'm resto mostly so I don't have a set rotation.

Besides the return of perma ToL and perhaps a threat drop ability, I'd like to see new skins for aquatic, travel, and moonkin forms. The cat/ bear/ flying forms look great but make these other forms look even more bland by comparison. Also, more racial diversity in forms, cause troll druids make me jealous with their unique style!

Gonna have to go with Teleport: Moonglade with least used, especially now that a lot of the old class quests that made you use it have been nixed.
    100 Tauren Druid
  • PvE.

• Raids. I haven't done much serious raiding on this character since WotLK, but I've done raids on him now and then.

• Rebirth not being castable in forms. It's not a big deal for cats, but for bears it makes it either annoying, hard, or just plain impossible to use. It's even more infuriating because in the Tanking Ask the Devs, being able to cast Innervate or Rebirth was considered utility that a Bear Druid can bring. Rebirth doesn't even have a mana cost associated with it anymore, so I don't see why it can't be cast in forms.

Not being able to interrupt if I'm rooted because my only interrupt is considered a charge is annoying too.

• I don't think I can pinpoint any single thing. I just find playing my Druid to be enjoyable.

• Not much, really.

• I find the Feral Druid rotations for both tanking and DPSing to be fairly engaging. Cat DPS is good overall, decent DPS with some raid utility, but Shred having a positional requirement is extremely frustrating on certain bosses like Kologarn or Majordomo, though I know those fights are rare.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • Being able to cast Rebirth in forms.

• Teleport: Moonglade, Wild Mushroom, Soothe, Thorns, Nature's Grasp.
    Edited by Galdren on 9/13/2011 10:18 PM PDT
    85 Tauren Druid

PVE cat, resto, and boomkin

Normal raids, heroic 5 mans

NA

Feral - shred positioning requirements.
    Resto - little use for nourish/no dmg mitigation (living seed does a whopping 2% or less in raids)
    Boomkin - Mushroom placement takes forever...
    Overall - The loss of shifting out of roots. I've played a druid since vanilla, so that was pretty random.

Versatility. Why else play a druid? Swiftflight form is the greatest thing ever.

Mostly other people not knowing your class in a raid setting. They always tend to devalue your role or just make it harder to perform.

Feral - other than the positioning requirements for shred, I'm pretty comfortable with it. I do agree with others that said bears need a battle rez that doesn't take them out of form...I could not believe it when I found out DK tanks could throw out a battle rez on a GCD.

Resto - I think we're a bit undervalued for tank healing, and in reality we don't have any really great tank cooldowns. All we can do is try to heal faster... Oddly, the best thing to have happen when you're behind on the tank is to hope your lifebloom will actually bloom. Otherwise my raid output is good. I've found nourish is pretty useless except in very limited situations. It takes too long to cast when you raid heal and I proc clearcasting fairly regularly, so I can avoid it in favor of regrowth, wild growth is cheaper than putting up 3 rejuvs to speed up nourish(particularly in 5 mans), refreshing LB stacks with LB is cheaper than anything except a free heal...so no nourish in raid healing for me.

Boomkin - I've played a mage and a hunter for ranged dps, as well as feral kitty. I find boomkin is currently the least intuitive dps system I've seen. Instead of being able to go with the eclipse bar, it seems like people have found a way to game it so that they get great dps DESPITE the system in place. Which means that while there are some big heavy-hitting boomkins out there, there are a whole lot more below average boomkins running around. Boomkins have to know from the start of a fight what eclipse they need to be in for each phase and time it exactly...often holding a single eclipse for entire halves of fights. That's ridiculous. More specifically, having to target and lay down 3 mushrooms is a long set up for AE compared to, say, a hunter or a mage.

Other than the quality of life issues I mentioned earlier, I think bears and boomkins probably need the most love.

Feral - innervate/claw
    Resto - nourish
    Boomkin - hurricane (It doesn't even kill a pack of corehounds in Molten Core in full 359 gear.)
    Overall - teleport moonglade...although it has a little teeny worth for archaeology.
    Edited by Spices on 9/13/2011 10:25 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]