Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
5-man heroic dungeons, almost exclusively through the LFD tool or with a small number of guildmates.
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The absence of a way of forcing casters into melee. It's slightly frustrating because I have experience enough with all three other tanks to know how to use that tool well.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?
Berserk. It's thoroughly juvenile of me, but I love the damage I can pump out - as cat OR as bear, in those fights where I know what I can do. I don't mind doing less damage on bosses because I have the opportunity to go nuts during burn phases like Venoxis and Throngus present.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to be very good at timing holes in my enemies' behaviour to manage certain powers like Rebirth, and Innervate.
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like it. It's very forgiving but I can tell the very tangible difference between when I'm playing well and when I'm playing poorly.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?
A ranged silence of some variety, castable while bear form. More utility effects usable in bear form, like battle rez, or innervate.
  • What spells do you use the least?
Any self-healing when soloing. As tank, they represent such a negligible healing that I'm better off stealthing, hiding, and eating. All my damage dealing ranged spells. Basically, everything that isn't bear and sometimes cat form.
85 Night Elf Druid
One of the first big disappointments I had with WoW was when, as a leveling drood, I hit 40, charged to my trainer to get the awesome sounding Dire Bear form, paid my gold and . . . nothing. The new feral models that were introduced a couple years ago were awesome, esp. the new kitties. But the lack of change when we get DB--we don't look bigger, tougher, faster, nothing--is disappointing and odd, esp. when my plate-wearing buddies were rocking all kinds of new looks.

So, a new DB form would be a nice Q of L change.

85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE. Mainly kitty but some tanking.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All of the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Incredibly happy with the utility of Druids, no complaints.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I love the versatility of druids. There's nothing like topping dps, backup tanking, bringing uber utility and emergency healing without leaving your spec.

What makes playing your class less fun?
I think bears are perceived as "less than" the other tanking classes, though it's nothing compared to past expansions. I personally appreciate the "jack of all trades master of none" style of druids and have no problem being a dedicated off tank spec, but I know many other players this is an issue for.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I actually miss the complexity of the wrath cat single target rotation, but I have no real problems with it currently.
AoE however is my biggest concern. I love the mastery mechanic, but I hate how in AoE situations it feels like I've got a lot of a wasted stat while Swipe spamming, on top of how somewhat boring the Swipe spam is. I think the best way to help this is to add Thrash to the Cat's toolbox. The small bleed effect would benefit from mastery enough to keep me from feeling like it's wasted, and either working it into a rotation (Swipe somehow boosts a followup Thrash or vice versa) or just giving us a choice to either Swipe for very low health mobs or Thrash for sustained AoE would make the cat 100% perfect for me.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
The aforementioned addition of Thrash for kitties or some other way to work mastery into our AoE.
A ranged silence for bears to give them the same basics as the other tanks. I don't primarily tank so it's not as huge a concern for me, and it really is fairly easy to tank without one, but it's on the list.

What spells do you use the least?
Cower. With the threat boost to tanks it's not even on my bars anymore.
I am strictly a PVE player focusing my raiidng as a Boomkin

I offspec tank Heroics, I boomkin for a 25 man Heroic progression guild, and run old raids as both specs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Losing tree form to CD was a pretty big issue for me. I play a druid to have visual options other than being a troll. I think that Boomkins, although handy could use 1 inform heal, regrowth/tranq would be my suggestions, to help with our survivability and raiding issues. having to lose all of my defence because i HAVE to tranq can kill me and the extra GCD to go back into form is more of a dps loss. Wild mushrooms is a fantastic spell but currently takes to long to use appropriately. Beth and Ryo have adds that move a decent amount. i preplant mushrooms and am always ready to adjust. maybe once all 3 mushrooms have been planted the druid could move them as a group, or give us a 1min CD to plant 3 at once. basically im tired of (select mushroom, plant mushroom, select mushroom, plant mushroom, select mushroom, plant mushroom) everytime I want to do competant AoE damage in any raid. My last thought would be that i spend upwards of 75% of my PVE raiding life in solar eclipse. Could we get another spell buffed in Lunar (hurricane?) to give it more utility than it currently has.

I love boomknis, i have always loved the range class and i really love the baalnce between nuke spells, dots, and utility. I also like the ability to heal and tank in my off time without having to farm on another toon.

I Strongly dislike the current eclispe model. i dont think its working as intended as i said above 75% of my life in solar doesnt seem right. I dont like the pendulum idea of going back and forth, its like a dog chasing its tail, and its gotten old pretty quick.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I dont mind my rotation but this links back into the eclipse bar. I dont like the fact that i spam the same spell 10 times, than switch spells, its back and forth and reminds me of a teeter totter. it starts off fun, but after multiple patches i think it should be changed to something else.

New moonkin forms
Customizeable antlers/ feathers
1 heal available in boomkin form, or CD to allow 1 heal of our choice so tranq isnt a burden to use
some explanation to the tier 13, as we didnt get anyhting, and even the set looks rather lack luster. i udnerstand conservative but would love an explanation to it from blizzard

I never have a PVE use for natures grasp which i can use in boomkin form :S
although i will add that the stamp roar in cat form is one of the best CD's added, its PVE use can be truly amazing.
Edited by Orichas on 9/14/2011 6:53 AM PDT
85 Troll Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and Raid

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Not have to worry about wiping for an hour and a half because my group is not strong enough to finish the dungeon/ tank is not experienced enough/ player good enough

■What makes playing your class more fun? Hybrid class, I can assume any roll I want

■What makes playing your class less fun? Not beeing able to fulfill my roll as good as a true Tank/healer/dps class

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I enjoy having to push more then 2 buttons, though I'd like my rotation to be clearly stated to not have to read for 2 hours on forum to know what i need to do.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? MORE FORMS!!!! I feel like the druid wich is suposed to be a shapeshifter, and gain more powerfull/usefull forms as it get stronger. The last form introdused was flight form in BC. 2 extansions later, no new forms...

■What spells do you use the least? I use pretty much all my spells,
36 Blood Elf Mage
The forums won't let me switch my character to my druid :( I'm sure you can check my account to see i have one though.

PVE

Heroics, and likely easy mode raids or normal raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

As a resto druid, I really wish lifebloom was just a few seconds longer - or maybe glyphed to have a longer version, with the trade off being the bloom is reduced? I always feel really pressured to track it.

As a DPS druid (which is primarily just leveling), I hate having to choose between savage roar and rip. I can only imagine how intimidating that is in a more pressure oriented situation. I wish those mechanics were done a bit better since they both seem mandatory to do decent DPS.

I love HOT healing, absolutely love it. For a druid as a whole, I love the versatility.

I really don't like trying to make Druids regular healers like everyone else with casted heals. I wish there was more of an effort made to remove the "holy trinity" of spells and focus on each healer's niche. I know that's a tough thing to do though. At least make nourish faster to cast >.<

As a healer I don't really have one. As a DPS druid, as I mentioned, I find the rotation very hard to juggle between savage roar and rip. I wish roar was off combo points or something, I dunno.

Return to a HOT focus for resto! For all healers, I'd like to see the average, weak heal cast much faster.

Also, make a permanent tree glyph minor option! I wouldn't use it, but i know it would make many people happy.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic content

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

Druids are SUPPOSED to be in forms. Cat form for feral dps, bear form for tank, moonkin form for ranged dps. Caster form for tree? Doesn't quite fit if you ask me!

Either a cosmetic solution that can be toggled on or off via a game menu or haircut style selection would be amazing, or even something more serverside (whatever is deemed worthwhile). Heck a glyph would work too. Druid forms to me lost their flash when I lost my perma tree of life, and I want it back!

HoTs are so much more fun than direct healing.

What makes playing your class less fun? Some non CD options for burst healing would be nice.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? All healers feel the same... and by that I mean oh about to take a lot of damage que the big slow heal oops missed it now the big fast heal and back to the standard mana efficient one. Wow now I can play every healer.

Tracking Life bloom in a better way for the standard UI would be great as well since it is important to keep it up.

What’s on your wish list for your class? See above about Tree of Life. If someone wants to see what they look like in their gear let them open up armory in a side window or something. Maybe they could glyph so they don't change form.. bet not many people would do that cause tree of life is cool.

Edit:
Also Flame druid Glyph/glyphs that give us forms of the flame druid.

What spells do you use the least? Teleport: Moonglade
Edited by Perjury on 9/14/2011 8:51 AM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Heroic 10/25 man raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - All

As many other druids have stated before me, in 2 tank fights, lifebloom application is clunky. Where a holy paladin spends 1 gcd to switch their beacon, we need 3 to reapply lifebloom. I would like to see that made easier or be less punishing.

Our throughput is fine, I don't feel overwhelmed or helpless topping people off but in 10 man content, I sometimes feel helpless on tank healing not having some kind of emergency button like Sac or Pain Suppression to use if the tank is getting beat on or on heavy movement fights.

What makes playing your class more fun? - Being able to play all specs of the game in one class.

What makes playing your class less fun? - Lack of enjoying costumes, I would love to be able to enjoy my deviate fish and not lose my buff when switching into tree form!

Trying to PVP as a balance druid makes me sad, I am much more experienced as resto in PVP but maintaining eclipse is way way too tedious.

And while not such a huge deal, I love the change to our mastery, kind of dislike I have another power aura timer to watch.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) -

For resto, I feel the rotation is what it should be, I love that lifebloom returned to my rotation after being abandoned in Wrath. I like weaving in hots and hard casting spells. I do feel some of our spells are lackluster, like Regrowth, which I tend to ignore and only cast on clear cast procs. To use it on non clear cast procs, it REALLY needs to heal for more upfront.

What’s on your wish list for your class? - I really want some kind of damage reduction cooldown, it doesn't have to be a raid wide thing like Aura Mastery or Spirit Link but at least something I can put on the tank in an emergency situation.

Regrowth needs some help, currently the worst of all the fast, inefficient heals, especially compared to the strength of flash of light.

Maybe increase the time of Harmony to 15 or 20 seconds to make resto druids feel a little less like bookkeepers.

Reworking Living Seed to be actually useful or giving us another talent in it's place.

A tier set with some antlers, make it happen!

What spells do you use the least? - Hurricane, Cower
90 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics/raids
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] none
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. We have no way of dropping aggro in PVE encounters. Priest can fade, Shamans can throw down a totem, Pallies can bubble, Druids have to pop barkskin and hope someone notices we are getting the crap beat out of us before we die and that we can heal ourselves through said beating and oom out anyway so might as well have just died.
■What makes playing your class more fun? I've loved my druid since day one. The playstyle everything. The changing shapes and casting heals on the move is awesome.■What makes playing your class less fun? Tree of life form. While I understand the need to take away the buff of that certain form you also took away a part of healing. I loved my tree form and now that its gone a feel a certain lack of interest in my character. All other druid classes have their forms but trees are just a toon standing there nothing special anymore.And forced to stare at the crap gear you've been coming out with makes me wanting to play my Druid less and less. But with 4.3 this will be a moot point anyway.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The healing rotation is interesting to a degree. But we are now no longer able to really tank heal. We are straight up raid heals because our heals lack a certain amount of umpf they use to have. I over heal the heck out of raids all because most of my heals are HoT's and group HoT's while a shaman or pallie or priest direct heal and waste the HoT anyway. HoTs are amazing but the fact that we cannot cast a heal that is worth a dang outside of a HoT is pretty depressing. We no longer have a goodness this person is going down heal let me use that longer cast time. Healing Touch heals don't count for much anymore and nourish is a waste of space and a joke.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? Revamp Healing Touch, Nourish, and tree of life form
■What spells do you use the least? Healing Touch because the cast time does not justify the low amount of healing put off by it. I also have a shaman healer in far less gear than my druid who casts healing wave and can crit for 80-100K. This justifies the amount of time for the heal and the mana cost. Healing touch on my druid who is Firelands ready (when the shaman is only heroes ready) casts healing touch and it crits at most I've seen is 40-50K just feels wrong and does not justify the mana cost or cast time. Nourish because the cast time certainly does not justify the less than 10k heal it puts out. Tree of life form, Mostly because by the time you need this its too late and once you come out of it you are oom. Like I said I get the changes you were looking to make but that "buff" is a waste of mana and resources. Sure I get instant cast regrowth but being able to instantly cast regrowth on ten people and being oom makes me less of a vaiable healer than others.
60 Blood Elf Warrior
First let me begin by saying my account is currently inactive and I'm using a friends login information to post feedback. This post is about feral druid, which has been my main since I started playing in BC.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Both, but with patch 4.0 and hearing about the addition of rated BGs and the revamp of healing, I decided I'd really just focus my druid on pvp, and any pve I wanted to do I'd play a holy pally, instead of playing a cat for ALL content (which is fun, but I just wanted to try the new healing model.)

5mans and raids, although I prefer a challenging, non-linear 5man to other pve content. Some of the time that I raid, I do so because I want to pve but 5mans have become trivialized due to everyone learning the fights and outgearing the instance, or because I've done them so much already and am bored of them.

BGs were always immense fun as feral. I would usually only do arenas for my 10 wins of the week for arena points. Rated BGs proved to be a hassle to form, so I got my wins in arenas at the beginning of the week only to make sure I got my points in case rateds didn't end up happening.

I wouldn't mind armor showing in feral forms somehow, as long as there was an option to toggle it off. However, hearing a RUMOR about displaying engineering goggles on catform would cause me to immediately level engineering.

Making choices based on the current situation is always fun. What finisher should I use? I'm being focused, should I stay in cat until my next finisher or go bear right now? LoS and heal? Also I liked the concept for wild mushrooms. I haven't used a spell that targets the ground since cat swipe replaced hurricaine for running lowbies through deadmines :P Making mushrooms useful for feral would add another decision to be made during pvp. Maybe increase the cooldown and area of effect, while allowing ferals to shift out of roots while on the affected area?

Frost mages. They make playing feral less fun. Upon hearing the news that feral would no longer be able to shift out of roots, I was discouraged and actually played my druid less and less. When the patch actually did hit, I stopped playing him altogether. I've leveled an alt of every class, some to max level, some not, but I've never gotten a rogue past level 24. Having utility but being locked down is not fun. I would trade our kick and some damage to be able to shift out of roots again. Because feral pvp had lost its appeal and it was the majority of my play time, I ended up cancelling my subscription.

If wotlk did anything right, it was the pve kitty dps rotation. Highly involved, procs to watch out for, decisions to make. The change in cata I didn't like too much was the addition of fury swipes. It made the rotation feel like more of the damage I was doing was being done passively, and passive damage is not fun.

I plan to resubscribe if/when feral druids could shift out of roots again.

This next bit is only mildly related to druids, but: I faction changed to horde to play with rl friends for cata. Night elf feral druids are the master race of WoW, but my best friend feels the same way about undead casters. We both like pvp. Different factions teaming up for bgs would be weird, but it would be cool if my night elf could do arenas with his undead, seeing as the lore for arena is run by neutral goblins anyway.

Cower, mushrooms, any healing spell that isn't instant cast, shapeshifting :(
85 Troll Druid
Perspective from a Resident Moonkin

What type of content do you focus on?
- PVE Baby! With a side of PVP <3 I love them both.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
- Raids. Been a raider since BC and never looked back.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
- Normally Arenas and BGs. Though I avoid Strand of the Ancients like the plague.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- Moonkin still being the one MAIN playable spec that didn't get a new customized form! Bears and cats got their new flavors in Wrath. Trees got their new skins for Cata (but sadly can only stay in that form for 30 seconds which does NOT make sense. Just make it a glyph! If they want to not have tree form, give them a glyph to do so. If they want it, then they don't need the glyph!). The forms that Trolls and Worgens received were nothing but rehashed models from 6 years ago. Come on Blizz. Trolls have tusks, not antlers.

Also! Moonkins can NOT drop threat. Yes, Cats do have cower, but the range on that is so small, I'd have to switch into cat, sprint to the add that I have threat on and cower? Does not make sense. I'm range. Give me an aggro dump.

- Forms! It's what makes us unique!

- Forms! Male and Female models look the same. There's no customization option for the forms. And some models have been placeholders for 6 going on 7 years now. Step it up Blizz.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
- I normally play Boomkin and I like my rotation. It's pretty unique for WoW in the terms of class execution and mechanics and I like being the retarded snowflake.

- New Moonkin Forms!
- No antlers on Troll Moonkin
- Difference between male and female forms
- Customization options on forms
- For Solar Eclipse have "Starfall" turn into "Solar Flare" while making Sunfire last all the way until Lunar Eclipse, and for Lunar Eclipse have "Insect Swarm" turn into "Fireflys" and last until you hit Solar Eclipse.
- Give Resto the option to stay in Tree form always.
- Let Travel Form be useable indoors but lower the speed for it indoors compared to outdoors (Since shamans can use ghost wolf indoors)

- Walrus Form
- Travel Form (because it can't be used indoors.)
- Brez (ever since you only made it useable 1 time per fight in 10m and gave one to DKs)
- Treents (longest CD ever.)
Edited by Squeex on 9/14/2011 9:45 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
Veleynna - Dalaran - Resto Druid

Mostly PVE, but I am getting into PVP a bit

Heroic Dungeons / 10 man normal raiding

Tol Barad, occasional BGs

I have to agree with the others who posted about Lifebloom. Since I primarily cover tank+raid in 10 mans, when there is a major tank switch it is tough to transition the Lifebloom from one tank to the other for three full stacks. I usually need to blow rejuvenation and regrowth before I can fully stack the lifebloom while maintaining my comfort zone.

Another thing is dropping threat. Shifting to kitty and hitting cower is too many steps for something like that, when all priests need to do is fade.

Being able to play all specs of the game in one class. I love shapeshifting too.

I miss tree form as a permanent form. I can understand some players wanting to see their gear, but I liked everyone stacking on the tree in the raid, and raiding as a resto druid feels lackluster when raiding alongside a bear, kitty or moonkin. It alienates me and I don't feel like a true druid. It could be an easy fix such as a glyph, or an appearance tab that can be toggled. You could drop the need for a glyph of unburdened rebirth, and remove the reageants altogether. As for the talent, while it is useful to other players to know when we hit tree form, we are in business, I think leaves glowing or something should be enough of a visual cue.

During WotLK, I was feral dps main spec, and healing offspec. I loved healing then, but it didn't require much work. Now it is the exact opposite. I dropped kitty dps as I felt the changes made it much too easy to do competitive dps (as opposed to WotLK, where you had to work hard to top charts, and it felt good doing so) and ended up going resto after reaching 85. The challenge in the game was back for me, and I think it is due to the positive changes done on the resto spec in Cataclysm. Generally speaking, I think our current 'rotation' is pretty good.

Speaking as a primarily tank+raid healer (a new role for me as I used to do just raid healing) I often wish for a damage mitigation spell (either on one target or raid-wide). Just being able to use my barkskin on another player would help, providing barkskin would need a longer cooldown.

I would love to see permanent tree form again, as stated above. I'd also love for my tree form to look feminine seeing as both my character and IRL are female. Another awesome perk would be the leaves to change colour depending on the colour of the character's hair.

Reworking the travel form to be the same speed as an epic mount would be nice too, seeing as Worgens have their own mount and it is the same speed as an epic mount. Updated graphics on this and aquatic form would be nice too.

In general, Soothe, Cower and Thorns. In healing: Nourish as it is not so useful once you are in Firelands. By then, gear covers you and mana isn't as much as an issue, especially when you have Innervate, on use trinkets and mana potions to ease the blue bar. This is unfortunate, as I rather liked the way things were in the beginning of Cataclysm.
Edited by Veleynna on 9/14/2011 9:46 AM PDT
A Feral Kitty Druid's 2 cents:

Both

10man raids

Arenas and RBGs

I think that putting shape-shifting on its own global CD would improve the quality of life of many druids.

Being versatile, and bringing a lot of utility to the table. Nothing feels as good in pve as a last minute brez, with tranquility on a boss fight to save the day. Or going into bear form for emergency tanking. I'm relatively new to pvp, but what I've come to enjoy is knowing that I am the fastest player on the board. I also love instant predator's swiftness procs for peels. Being able to give your healer time to escape and regroup can make or break the game.

Honestly, imo I think druids have the most fun out of all the classes out there. Hmm, maybe that's why we are focused on so fast? O.o
Anyway I love my feral, and I don't covet other classes abilities. However, I do miss being able to shape-shift out of roots. I know that class balancing is like opening a can of worms, and I understand that. I would just like to gently point out that removing it kills the spirit of "you can't catch me, I'm freakin' Houdini!" play style that has been THE signature of druids for years. It's like looking at a tiger in a cage. Sure its still a tiger, but there just something not quite right about seeing it behind bars.

For the most part I'm pretty happy with our rotation. It's smoother than what it was, but it's still challenging enough to keep my interest. The only gripe I have so to speak, is our energy regeneration. Energy starvation really affects your dps, and learning to manage energy can be very clutch. It doesn't feel like it affects pve as much as it does pvp at the moment. Because waiting for your bar to fill up so you can use just one Shred, while being beat on can be very crippling. Just a thought.

Cosmetically I'd like to see better and more customizable forms as the game progresses, and the art gets better. Since Dash and Stampeding Roar are our only root breaks now I'd like to see them get put on a shorter cd. Or alternatively keep the cds the same, but have Dash and Roar make us immune to roots for their duration. (Yes, we have our trinket, but if you trinket a root you throw yourself from the frying pan and into the fire.)

Soothe, Magic Mushrooms (<<which is a shame since its our lvl 85 ability)
Edited by Nareyah on 9/14/2011 9:55 AM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

Don't have many, except I wish that the distinction between indoor and outdoor boss encounters was different than the way it is for travel form purposes. As it is now, it feels rather arbitrary whether I can use it on any given encounter or not. (e.g. Al'Akir vs Cho'Gall vs Majordomo vs Ragnaros)

What makes playing your class more fun? I think that the recent change to the tranquility cooldown made us more competitive in terms of limited healing raid spots on various bosses (domo H, rag H) but there are still plenty of situations in which either raid cooldowns (such as barrier) or single-target cooldowns (guardian spirit, pain suppression) are invaluable, and where healing throughput alone simply won't help at all (the obvious example being having someone take an ability that does more damage than they have health)

[b]What makes playing your class less fun? Druids do a lot of healing throughput overall, but certain situations are made difficult by both our lack of damage reduction cooldowns and our particular healing style. It is difficult (meaning mana-intensive) to be in any situation where fast healing is needed. We can't reduce the damage the person will take in the future to give ourselves a buffer, and our highest throughput spells are not particularly fast (Wild growth, rejuv). It forces us into using regrowth and healing touch, which both provide a reasonable amount of direct healing per cast time, but have pretty horrid mana per heal efficiency.

Additionally, it feels like we are stuck in our role of AoE healing, and if the fight (Baleroc, for example) doesn't require AoE healing we get stuck on the bench. Paladins are always needed, because you will always have tanks. Priests have two specs which they can swap between to pick up various amounts of throughput and utility along with mana and healing hymns, and shamans have very respectable options for both aoe and single target healing with good utility (mana tide and spirit link), but druids are only good at AoE, with no utility other than another AoE healing spell (tranq). (I don't include innervate as utility since it was nerfed to be useless unless cast on yourself)

Rotation is fine, it is good at what it does. I like the wild growth and swiftmend/efflor mechanics in particular.

Utility.

What spells do you use the least? I'm assuming this is asking which, of the spells I actually use in encounters, I use the least. Pre-4.2 it was nourish, but now nourish is actually useful. I would probably say my dispel, since very few fights in firelands require it.
85 Tauren Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

N/A; use to raid.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Heals. I play a feral druid and when compared to Ret or Enh, or even non-healing classes like rogues, I feel as if the sacrifice to get up a functional amount of HoTs is just too much. It takes around five GCDs to get Rejuv and a full stack of Lifebloom up, before getting back into cat. Compared to a rogue's recouperate that's up all the time and instant big heals worth using by Rets and Enh. Would just like heals to be a bit more fluid for feral, easier to get HoTs up so that it's more of an option in situations other than 1v1.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Being a fluid, fast, hard to pin down target. Having a lot of tricks and tactics to work with, like switching to bear to turtle up, tossing out off-heals, and generally running amok.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Lack of reason to powershift with most snares being AoE/immediately reapplied, near useless heals, being instantly CC'd whenever Berserk goes off. Have to wait three minutes for it to come back up and, while it lasts a good amount of time, it's demoralizing to spend more than half of the duration just CC'd like a chump.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Shred in PvP has always been a problem as smart players know to just keep facing a feral. However, I suppose that's part of the challenge for us, so I feel pretty good about the way things are on the whole. I preferred us being more bleed oriented as it made me feel like druids were unique in that aspect. As we are now, it's a roguish-warrior playstyle.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

A better way to get HoTs up for ferals, a short immunity after one of our root breaks to prevent the typical instant reroot/snare. Even a short snare immunity after would be nice. Shorter Berserk cooldown in exchange for a shorter duration. Wishing big, some kind of anti-root/snare effect while Berserked.

# What spells do you use the least?

Nourish and Regrowth. There is never a time to use either as feral, which makes me a sad panda at least on the Regrowth side. As far as feral type spell go, Cower. Wish it has some kind of redeeming PvP effect. (Cower allows next cast of Lifebloom to stack to three in one cast when talented, prz). <em/>
Edited by Maav on 9/14/2011 10:00 AM PDT

Resto/ Balance Farnworth Paradox - Farstriders
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - Strickly PvE
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Mostly Raids, some Heroics
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Being able to heal the whole for a massive that takes a massive amount of mana in a dire situation
■What makes playing your class more fun? - Being able to be the one that makes sure no one dies
■What makes playing your class less fun? - The slowness of movement. Should be able to move faster. A cow as it gets older is going to not know how to travel faster, fire spells faster.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? I feel that overall with power of spells, mana usage, and healing done is just about perfect. You have to work a little to make everything work for you.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? - A druid to me means able to transform into more than a couple of animals. My wish list is to be able to transform into any role and have the powers of that role. (well, its a wish!)
■What spells do you use the least? - A tie between the mushrooms and Teleport: Moonglade

2 days ago

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Resto Druid

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]:
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]:
Heroic Dungeons / 10 man normal raiding

Tol Barad, occasional BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.:
I also agree with may of others that have posted about Lifebloom.

Being able to play all specs of the game in one class. I love shapeshifting into each spec and different role

I miss not having permanenet tree . It doesn't feel like a druid healing as a caster and only having tree for such a short time. The entire reason I loved playing my druid was healing as a Tree in dungeons and raids.

I understand that some players wanting to see their gear, but during a raid or dungeon players shouldn't be worried about how their gear looks. Should be focused on their part of healing and keeping everyone alive. Being the only druid not in a form during a dungeon or raid with Bears, Kitties and moonkins doesn't feel right or look right to me.

Like others have suggested as well , it could be an easy fix with a glyph, or an appearance tab that can be toggled.

Please Bring Permanent Tree Form Back!

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.):
I think our current 'rotation' is pretty good.

What’s on your wish list for your class?:
My wish list is to have permanent tree form again. I loved being a tree. I was a tree all through BC and Wrath and I really truely miss it.

As a healer, I have never used cower.

90 Night Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

Heroics, feral DPS.

The ability for armor to effect animal forms. The staff from Fandrel Staghelm is a long overdue item. Give us the ability to customize our animal forms separately from the human form similar to how Worgens can on the start-up screen. The only limitation for Worgen is how their human look effects their Worgen look, which was disappointing.

The ability to play every role and sub-role in the game. Tank, melee DPS, caster DPS, healer makes the versatility this class has to offer amazing.

The complete destruction and dismantling of our mobility. The fear nerf to Berserk was unneeded given that you got rid of our roots removing ability via shifting. Stampeding roar is not enough to compensate for how CCable the class is.

It's no longer John Madden-ish, while still remaining complex. I like it.

Bringing back shifting out of snares and anything that immobilizes the class. Bring back fear immunity for Berserk. Mages can go cry more.

Claw.
Edited by Kalyc on 9/14/2011 10:23 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
plz change bear from and cat form...or give us the ability to change how it looks...other classes get new armor and there look changes are smelly broing forms stay the same.....also add a tree form for resto...
90 Troll Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mainly PvE, but enjoy doing PvP every now and again

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, and Heroics when I need to Valor cap

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
When I do PvP, it's typically just Tol Barad but have been getting into some Rated BG's as of late as well.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Really, I could do without the aquatic form. Where as I do use it from time to time, I personally think that water walking would be much more useful. And I do know that there are Elixirs of Water Walking, but having been using them ALOT lately for fishing, and even with it still active constantly falling through the water while trying to click on the bobber and then missing the catch.... slightly annoying.
The other big thing in my mind is the tree of life form. I do miss having the constant form. And I personally would not like to have to glyph to get it back permenantly.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Really, just the versitility of it all. Druids can fill in as any role that they need to.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to collect the gear for all the different sets. Most other classes have only 2. Druids have 3 (techniqually 4 since bear and kitty have to gem differently). Make this a bit hard to be more flexible and is also a bit annoying.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As a healer - It's more about reaction than rotation.
As a boomkin - It was a bit akward to get used to, but since the beginning of 4.0, I can say that I have no complaints about the rotation as a whole. Spells on the other hand... that's a different can of worms.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Some form of water walking and permanent tree form. Either that, or get rid of all the forms for druid (which would really then leave you with a none - druid class).

■What spells do you use the least?
Let me start off by saying that I play Balance / Resto specs in both PvP and PvE.

From the Feral book -
The only spells that I use are cat form, dash, feline grace (which is passive), prowl (great for use in pvp, especially as a healer), stampeding roar, and the majority of the other shape shifting spells. Everything else might as well just not be there.

From the Balance book (a few things to note here) -
*The spell I use the least is Hurricane. This spell just sucks up our mana and really makes it not worth it. Especially not when we have our new mushroom power.
*I know that some people have said that they really don't use their Teleport: Moonglade spell all that much, but I do. I use this when I'm out doing Archeology a bunch. It's also a great spell to use as well if 1) you are horde, and 2) your hearthstone is on cooldown. Might not get you back to exactly where you want to be at, but if you are down in Uldum, and need to get back to Org in a hurry, it's a great spell.
*I have noticed (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) that the majority of our CC's don't work in the new ZA/ZG dungeons. Not even Hibernate on the cats in there. I have seen where Hibernate will seem to work as a pat keeps going without it's cat, but as soon as the pat is pulled, here comes the other kitty. This is a bit frustrating and makes me go "ok, why do we even have these spells?"

From the Resto book -
*Nourish - really, didn't use this until the Bale'roc fight.
*Healing Touch - A good "oh crap" button, but other than that, not really used.
But then again, I'm a raid healer, I'm not specced into tank healing. I know there are some druids out there that are specced for tank healing that may use these two spells a bit more than a raid healer does.

Again, I know a lot of people say that they don't use Teleport: Moonglade that much. However, maybe if you make the Moonglade zone into the druid starting zone for all druids, much like you did for the DK's in Eastern Plaguelands and have all our trainers up there, it would make the zone and the spell used more.

Another one that I have been seeing pop up a bunch is Soothe. This spell I use A LOT!!!! My group doesn't always have a hunter or another druid in it, so when something enrages or beserks, it is very helpful to use to get rid of that buff on mobs (even while healing). I can think of 2 places that I have used this spell right off the top of my head: BWD on the drake before Maloriak, and in Stone Core on the beginning trash.
Edited by Nobil on 9/24/2011 11:06 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]