Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE. Because I fail at PvP (I fail at PvE too but whatevs)
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/Other.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
None of the above...?
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Uhmm Not that much I don't think. I just enjoy my class.
What makes playing your class more fun?
Because I can pretend I'm OP.
What makes playing your class less fun?
That like a milllionnnnn other people play the same class I guess...?
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's not hard. Spam spam spam spam spam done.
What’s on your wish list for your class?
An awesome weapon or spell that has no cooldown or cast time and kills everything in one shot. (Not gonna happen EVER.)
What spells do you use the least?
About 90% of them I don't use.
THANK YOU for reading my response.
85 Goblin Warrior
get rid of the bear healing
85 Tauren Druid
■ What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

■ If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Questing/Achievements/Working on Professions (Both Crafting and Farming Mats)

■ If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

■ What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
1. When Scrolls were re-classified as Elixirs (for buffing purposes) I lost the abilibty to have both Elixirs and a Scroll buff active. The little extra provided by the Scroll buff does make a difference.
2. The other big negative was reducing the duration of Thorns from 10 minutes down to 20 seconds. With a 25 second cool down and only a 20 second length, it's mostly a useless buff.

■ What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to shape shift as a situation changes or requires.

■ What makes playing your class less fun?
Dropping Bear or Cat form when casting buffs

■ How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Can be a little monotous for Balance -- Starsurge, then spam for an eclipse, then spam for the other eclipse, and hit Starsurge whenever its cooldown is up.

■ What’s on your wish list for your class?
1. An instant cast full damage spell.
2. A vanish effect similar to the Rogue's ability, or some other way to drop aggro.
3. Give Thorns back its 10 minute duration.

■ What spells do you use the least?
Thorns -- I used to use it all the time, but now it has such a short duration (especially with 25 second cool down) that it's more trouble than it's worth in most circumstances. Also, Thorns causing you to drop Bear or Cat form when you cast it makes even less desirable.

90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE - raids (I've raided and cleared every tier (except naxx40/AQ40 at 60) while it was relatively relevant)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I really can't complain about how resto druids fare in raids right now, we're pretty awesome.
However: BAG SPACE. I gave up ever trying to keep a feral spec because I would have zero bag slots.

*Healing while moving. I hated having to spend so much time standing and casting at the beginning of Cata, it made me want to play my other healers. HoT, jump, run, victory.
*Flight form! <3
*Utility
*I'm glad I can see my druid and tree form is a cooldown (even though our tier armor has by and large sucked since vanilla), it was pretty boring to have a forest in a raid.

Feeling more like a single target/tank healer at the beginning of Cata was wretched. When I want to tank heal I'll play my paladin. I miss being able to toss lifeblooms on everyone all the time

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I don't use a particular rotation as a raid healer, I just panic, and that's ok with me. Healing is reactive and shouldn't have one.
The moonkin rotation, though, is boring as hell.

Better looking gear? It seems like everyone else has awesome or at least decent tiers, and druids get the scraps from everyone else's sewn together in some "earthy" way. T1/2/3 were nice.
Customizability of forms. Didn't like old tree, don't really like new tree. Hate moonkin.

I liked it better when Regrowth was a smaller front end heal with a long HoT duration and Nourish was the quick cast... Nourish is pretty meh right now.
Hurricane is god-awful AoE for a billion mana.
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE

Currently Heroics, Pre-Cata Raiding (BC, 10/25 Man)

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Placing down Wild Mushrooms. In a dire situation, it's frustrating.
Also, if Shamans can use Spirit Wolf indoors, than why can't we use Travel Form?

The different forms and how they effect performance.

Being that I've never gone Feral in my life, the lack of ever seeing Cat Form (outside of a speed buff) and Bear Form (I forgot how cool it looked)

I hate Wild Mushrooms. I have very minimal understanding of how the spell is supposed to make for a good AOE. It SEEMS to work for everyone else, but I just don't get it. Also, Don't Balance druids already have 2 other AOE spells?

Remove Wild Mushrooms, make Hurricane feel like it's doing damage for the amount of mana it costs, give Cyclone SOME purpose.

Wild Mushrooms, are you surprised?
Edited by Wolfra on 9/14/2011 1:33 PM PDT
Resto / Boomkin

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and normal raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] NA

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. None

# What makes playing your class more fun? Versatility

# What makes playing your class less fun? nothing makes it less fun

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Boomkin:I don't like the 'gaming eclipse' part of our rotation. I like the idea others have had about a CD that moved us to the next eclipse that way we don't have to spend long periods of time casting the wrong spells so that we don't move out of solar eclipse. Making lunar eclipse stronger (Hurricane?) would balance our dps out.
Resto: No 'rotation' really.

# What’s on your wish list for your class? Hurricane to not be useless. Perma tree form back (as an option). If you plan on taking away boom chicken form please also give us the option of keeping it. A Resto CD to mitigate damage on the tank is still needed. An aggo dump would also be nice in either form.

# What spells do you use the least? Hurricane
Edited by Annomagus on 9/14/2011 1:48 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
My druid's information:
Vachehoof- level 85 Tauren Restoration Druid- Shandris- recently dusted her off again for gearing up.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I am totally PvE focused.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] At her current gear level heroics, but I'm looking to do alt raids with her (my main is a holy paladin)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Don't do PvP

The reason I stopped playing (raiding on) my resto druid was the absence of tree form. What makes the druid class unique is the requirement to be in a form to perform the spec's abilities to their maximum potential. A druid tank must be in bear form, a druid melee DPSer must be in cat form and a druid caster DPSer must be in moonkin form to maximize their DPS/TPS. etc. When they took away tree form, they took that away from restoration druids, making them look like every other healer and losing their uniqueness as a druid.

What makes playing your class more fun? The ability to have a higher mobility than paladin or shaman healers...oh and tree form. Also the ability to be a proactive rather than a reactive healer...did I mention tree form?

What makes playing your class less fun? Caster form looking like every other healer.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) With healing there is no real "rotation" just knowing which heal to use in which instance. Keeping rejuvenation, lifebloom and the occasional regrowth up and also using Wild Growth along with using Healing Touch or Nourish as a direct heal- and of course Efflorescence from using swiftmend.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Bring back permanent tree form- make the current tree form "cooldown" something similar to paladin's avenging wrath and divine favor and make being in tree form similar to having glyphed Seal of Insight up on the paladin (mana restore and bonus to healing).

What spells do you use the least? Nourish.
90 Night Elf Druid

PVE
Mostly raids, some heroics, dailies

Some choices on appearance in forms. Eg.:
being able to adjust colors/markings in the barber shop in cat form, or boomkin.

Having a character customization process that would allow us to design our forms separately/choose colors, etc. (My tree form currently looks like a pink poodle. It's awful; it scared the **** out of the whole raid the first time I popped it. I glyphed it back to original tree form, but why can't I have the nice green leaves others have??? Because my hair is green? That doesn't even make sense to me.)

I love my druid utility; I love being able to heal on the run.

The GCD on tree of life form means I just can't afford to use it when we need big emergency heals NOW--by the time I'm ready to cast a heal it's too late. (Instead I've glyphed Regrowth and spam that and hope I don't oom before the crisis passes.) I feel pretty weak and useless just when I should be at my biggest and best.

An aggro dump for heal form would be splendid--or at least something to fix lifebloom. If just pre-hotting the tank means the adds beeline to me instead of him, what's the point of stacking lifebloom ahead of time at all? I should wait until he actually takes a bunch of damage before I begin to heal? Really?

I don't really use one for healing; it's reactive.

In boomkin, I think I am not very efficient, but it's kind of fun messing with the eclipse bar.

Bigger Healing Touch.
Faster tree of life form.
Less aggro on lifebloom.
And being able to customize appearance in forms would be truly awesome! (I won't play a bear, because--all puns aside--I just plain got tired of looking at a bear butt; it's always the same dang butt no matter what I'm wearing.)

Nourish. (In Cata 5-mans I used it more, to save mana, but it's just too slow and too small for FL.)

In boomkin, I guess it's mushrooms, cause there's not much time for them in solo questing, and I don't raid in boom.

I actually find Teleport: Moonglade fairly useful, cause when I'm in SW I can portal to Hyjal, but if I'm anywhere else (like Outlands or the Exodar)--Moonglade is easier.
85 Worgen Druid
My only concern is the fact that druids are the only class that can fill every role in the game, ranged dps, melee dps, tanking and healing... yet we are still only able to duel spec. i think it would be nice if there was a Quad spec. i personally have 5 full diffrent sets of gear and i would be willing to settle for any more than 2 specs, yes its a lot to ask but make the prices to do it rediculous.
90 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE currently, PvP in previous expansions.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Mostly BG's, some 2v2

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

# What makes playing your class more fun? I started raiding as a resto druid in ICC, and I've always enjoyed how I was able to fill almost any role that was needed. This expanded in Cataclysm, and I feel comfortable filling multiple roles healing tank, raid, both. Whatever my raid needs, I can provide without feeling as though another class is significantly better equipped to do the job or significantly outperform me.

# What makes playing your class less fun? One thing that stands out is the lack of what people might call an "OMGWTF" button. Paladins are the clearly the poster child of this with Lay on Hands. Discipline priests can have Pain Suppression/Power Word:Barrier + Serenity (which is no Lay on Hands, but can function in a similar manner). We can have buff a Healing Touch with Nature's Swiftness, to be certain, but I feel as though my "emergency big heal" pales in comparison to some others. A completely valid point is that these are things that shouldn't be necessary under ideal conditions, and that point is completely valid, but in reality situations arise where another decimation blade is about to hit the tank and he hasn't received any heals since the previous decimation blade, and I have to have faith that any paladin can use lay on hands. This is very nit picky, and we have. . .other spells. . . which serve different purposes but fill the role of our super heal on a big cooldown (ok ok tranquility makes life easy sometimes).

In short, I feel as though my healing isn't as reactive as other healers. It's a downside of having lots of HoTs, but I am almost totally reliant on other healers for dealing with random damage (read players standing where they shouldn't, etc.) on raiders I am not already healing.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I'd call it conditions instead of rotation, and I feel that it's fine. We (healers) tend to follow a set of conditions, essentially "what to use when" or "when to use what". I think druids are versatile in that there are a number of accepted ways to heal. For example, with group healing, we can use Wild Growth, blanket Rejuvenation, or direct heals. Each are acceptable in various combination and depending on the specific scenario. It feels good to have options.

# What’s on your wish list for your class? Tree of Life form as a shapeshift minus the buffs? If I recall, it was removed because Blizzard wanted to do away with "things that people have to take and use to do a job" (perhaps part of the healer uniformity?). However, the staple of druids is shapeshifting: Feral druids use either Bear form or cat form, balance druids use moonkin form. Not using your form for your spec is laughable. This was true of the old Tree of Life form. Is there no middle ground that maybe gives the form a smaller benefit and the current effects can be activated in another way?

# What spells do you use the least? Regrowth. Right now it serves me best as a means to get lots of Vital Spark very quickly. There aren't really cases anymore that justify using a small but quick heal. I even checked death logs starting in BWD/BoT, and every time the overkill is far greater than what an average Regrowth will output. This is often true of "optional damage" as well, which tends to be more severe. Maybe this is the trap spell to separate the good from bad and all that nonsense, but I really do feel that regrowth has no application for practical use in raids (inb4 Blizzard balances around PvP. . .).
88 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]NA

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Haveing a druid tanking set like the other classes. We only have one deffensive stat and reforging everything into dodge puts the druids a little below par IMO. Also having to reforge everything into dodge pushs the druid tank below other classes on Threat/Dmg done which makes it a pain sometimes to keep threat off pallys etc.

■What makes playing your class more fun? The different forms we get to shift into is kinda fun
■What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to shift out of roots as feral.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Its ok but with the current dps of some of the other tanking classes its a spam fest to keep agro off them.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
1 Bear tank set
2 tank dps back on par to other tanks
3be able to shift out of roots or zerker remove fear again
4 some form of heal that can be cast while in bear form would be nice but would make us to much like pallys i guess

■What spells do you use the least? decurse since tanking you dont use it lol
Edited by Bartd on 9/14/2011 2:22 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Casual BG play

Permanent Tree of Life in the form of an optional glyph would be nice. People that don't want permanent Tree of Life wouldn't have to grab the glyph if they didn't want to and the glyph would be purely aesthetic and wouldn't affect the class at all.

What makes playing your class more fun? The resto playstyle is what got me to change over from being a rogue to druid. It's a completely different playstyle and I've tried other healing classes before, but the druid class made me want to switch over to healer. Being able to heal on the move and know that most of the raid healing is on my shoulders makes me feel very important to a raid.

What makes playing your class less fun? The way druid gear looks on male trolls :P

Resto druids are perfectly fine in PvE imo. Plenty of instant cast HoTs and multi target abilities that keeps the raid alive when things get ugly. Effloresence can be tricky to aim sometimes, but when performed properly it's a great AoE ability that I'm glad was included for druids. The cast time spells are a bit weaker than others, but druids are supposed to be more focused on HoT healing and not direct casting so I guess it's not a huge issue.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Tree of Life as a permanent cosmetic only form glyph for people who want the old Tree of Life back. A tank cooldown possibly so druids are used for more than AoE raid healing. Effloresence as a targetable AoE heal like Holy Word: Sanctuary and maybe share CD with Swiftmend. And better tier designs for trolls :D

What spells do you use the least? Regrowth and Teleport: Moonglade.
90 Night Elf Druid
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Almost exclusively healing in PvP. Some PvE healing. Very rarely - Moonkin dps PvE.

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I do some normal raiding, usually previous patch content just to see the bosses and to get to play around with acheviables. I must admit most of my PvE content is about achiveables :P

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Lots of BG's! Some arenas, and some rated BG's.

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?.

1. Having some sort of agro dump would be great as a healer in PvE (I don't consider shifting into feral kitty and cowering a realistic option).

2. Setting magic mushrooms is really a pain. I hardly use them because of the time it takes to place them.

3. Being able to use travel form indoors like a shammy would be amazing!

* What makes playing your class more fun?

1. Forms, forms, forms! I love all my different animals forms. It's what makes druids different, and it's why I love this class so much. I constantly switch forms in pvp, and even when losing, I can have fun bear dancing or just stealth-ing and getting the heck out of there. It helps to keep things always interesting and fresh.

2. Being able to Moonkin in healing gear and not having to wear mostly cloth as a moonkin.

3. Instant flight form. Thank you so much! Herbing, mining, and world PvP have never been so much fun.

4. The nature of our healing. I love druid healing. I love the mobility. I'll never go back to any other class.

5. The ability to remove magic. Oh how this makes PvP so much better for me!

* What makes playing your class less fun?

1. I really miss being in tree form all the time. I think it's unfair that the other skill trees (moonkin, cat/bear) get to be in their forms all the time. I play a druid because of the forms - give me back perma-tree please!

2. Losing the look of cosmetic items when you shape shift. It makes me so sad when I use one of them in PvP and then a few seconds later have to pop tree or speedy kitty form and I lose my new cosmetic look. Wouldn't it be possible to make it so that when you shift into a form, as soon as you shift back into caster form, get your cosmetic 'look' back?

3. Only having two spec's is really a bummer. I need a healing PvP spec, a healing PvE spec, and one moonkin spec.

4. I would love more customizable druid forms. Bear and Cat makeover were a great start, but it'd be so cool to be able to put a bird nest in my tree branches, or be able to add holiday ornaments and lights for Christmas or little jack o lanterns and bats for Halloween. How about being able to carve names into my tree trunk almost like tattoos? And Ugly seal thing...that form really needs a make-over.

5. Different look for the girl druid forms vs boy druids. Cats are somewhat feminine and bears are always masculine. Couldn't I have a little pink bow on my bear?

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted
order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

In BG's:
I'm really happy where restro druids are in pvp. It feels fair. Initial burst damage is nasty, and bursty classes pose a problem, but I find if I can live through a class popping their big damage cd's, I'm good. Mana never seems to be a problem and I have lots of flexibility.

In Arena's:
Getting away and kiting is a lot worse than it was in BC and lich. Travel form is pretty useless and often trying to get away in feral cat is as well. Gone are the days of continual pillar humping.

In PvE:
Just one minor gripe - I dislike rolling lifeblooms. I think it's a tedious thing to have to watch. I always like it when there's a change in the mechanics of the game that favor letting lifebloom expire over having to refresh it.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
(See above)

1. Indefinite tree form. /beg

2. More customizable female/male forms. I am a girl and I play a girl, and I'd like bows on my toons. :P

3. One more spec slot.

4. No loss of cosmetic forms when shifting.

5. Travel form inside.

* What spells do you use the least?

PvP: Nourish, Healing Touch (both have silly long cast times, and nourish does crappy healing).

PvE: Nourish is pretty horrible since the patch (really since cata). When I have clearcasting, I'll always use regrowth or HT to refresh LB - why use nourish at all?

90 Tauren Druid
PVE haven't done PvP since BC

10M Heroic Raid content and one Zandalari Heroic for VP cap(grr)

n/a

A threat dump for Resto
better mushroom mechanics for boomkin

nice mobility while healing

Treeform on cd (I made a reputation for myself as a tree its the og give us a perma form like other spec druids so were not "inferior shapeshifters" and u can just make the current tree form something like natural empowerment or something on the cd!

well when cata first came out u had a rotation (sorta) b/c of bad gear but now w/better gear its right back 2 RJ + WG and occasional RG, HT, & Tranq.

RESTO: a threat dump also a legendary that isn't a F U to us resto druids
Boomkin: prolly should make hurricane worthwhile & improve the mushroom placement mechanics

Resto:Nourish less and less b/c of its slow cast time vs actual healing done
Boomkin: hurricane does 2 little dmg for mana cost its more effective even on large pools(4 me neways) to just MF+IS the entire grp and then w8 on mushrooms
Edited by Haüken on 9/14/2011 2:51 PM PDT
For some reason I can't switch over to my Druid right now for a forum post, so I will post as this toon. (Bonzai - Emerald Dream-US)

PvE Exclusively as a Feral Tanking Druid

Heroics / Raids

N/A

1. Abilities being split between cat/bear that require me to make a macro, feral charge being one such ability. I would love if abilities could be rolled up as much as possible to just further de-clutter my UI. I make macro's to do this, but would appreciate it if this was not a necessity.

2. Rage generation loss on shapeshifting. I understand why this is a necessity, but if there could be a penalty instead of a full loss, that would be ideal. One of the benefits of the druid class are the number of different spells and abilities you have at your disposal. They can make or break a 5 man group (depending on the group's gamer IQ of course). I find that when trying to help the group by using my abilities mid-pull I can easily rage starve since enrage is on CD from the beginning of the pull. Even at 500% threat generation, you can lose a target pretty quick if your first hit doesn't land and you are waiting 3-4 seconds to even get another hit off.

3. The third issue, and one dear to my heart, I shouldn't need to shapeshift or have a fishing pole equipped while in bear form. We have all seen the nature channel videos of bear's catching salmon in mid air, I mean c'mon, how cool would that be. As a compromise I would also accept giving us mini-tricycles to ride around on.

1. Shapeshifting and the ability to play one class that can perform all roles is the obvious plus for all druids.

2. Being able to tell other tanking classes that they are inferior due to their lower armor numbers. This obviously isn't true at all, but when a new tank who reads one forum headline titled "Drewidz r tha wurst Tankz 4 real", tells you how much you suck, and then you tell him how much more armor and dodge you have, he is confused and has brains exploding.

3. Flight form.

1. This question is the real meat behind why I even posted on this forum topic: Class Look. A hundred other EJ loving guys will hit all of the key points about what is wrong with the rotation, or what stats and abilities need to change to make us more equal to X other tanking abilities, but my biggest issue is my ability to see my accomplishments while in combat.

- When you are a DK, Warrior or Paladin, you get to constantly see that new hawtness from that armor you just got. You get to see and hear that new shield you equipped. What do I get to look at? Giant bear butt. Thats it, always. Sweet, I got these new boots. I will see them while I am walking around stormwind I guess.

- I know that redesigning the art to now fit the form of a giant round bear is not feasible, so as a compromise I would love if there were more drops like Fandral's staff, that change your look in each form. Right now it only affects cat form, and it is really cool, but it further makes we bears and boomkins feel like crap as we fight beside our feline companions. "Why do they get to look cool and I just get to look like this all the time?", this is the problem I would like to solve.

1. I am ok with it. It is a bit boring, but is very simple. Keep up these debuffs, one-target hit this, multi-target hit that, yada yada yada. I don't feel like I have any cool run game changing CDs while in bear form.

- Bear armor styles per tier
- Ability to use different abilities while in bear form (cyclone, root, etc)
- Rebirth without form change (DK Style)
- Lose less rage when form switching if Cyc/Rooting in bear form is a pipe dream
- Mini-tricycle or rolling ball mount

Since I primarily play as a feral, really just stuff like insect swarm and other caster type abilities. What I love about being a druid, I find good way to use everything you guys give me.
90 Night Elf Druid
Both PvE and PvP. Easy to join content.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Mostly 2 player questing and some occasional heroics and normal dungeons. Mostly Cat/Bear feral with some Resto.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Mostly normal Battlegrounds, with some Tol Barad or Wintergrasp.

* Losing the permanent tree form was near and dear to my heart.
* Cat Form really could have a Stealth bar. I have to macro so much stuff, like /cast [nostealth]Mangle(cat form); [stealth]Pounce
* Writing macros for all the (cat form) (bear form) (feral)() abilities. (Feral Charge, Mangle, Swipe, Skull Bash, Stampeding Roar, Faerie Fire)
* Bear tanking four spread out casters, like in Forge of Souls.
* Healing in really bad gear or with the game-provided interface is not that fun.
* Being immobilized as a melee in BGs.
* Mind you, I don't play a moonkin right now, but I'm not a fan of Wild Mushroom in heated combat.
* Low level druids (I) use Thorns a lot in melee. It shouldn't break forms to cast.

* I can be a Bear. Or a Cat. Or a Moonkin! Or a Tree!
* We have more comedy than any other class, like the way the bears sit and the moonkin dance.
* I can switch and try out tanking/dps/healing... If I don't like one role for a particular expansion (like moonkin) I can play others.
* I **LOVE** being a hybrid dps/tank with emergency spells like Tranquility and Rebirth. I’ll be like, yeah, I saved the party.
* The fact the ENTIRE HYJAL/MOLTEN FRONT plotline is ALL ABOUT DIFFERENT DRUIDS!!! BooRAH!

* Losing the Trees. I miss all the Trees.
* Bear tanking four spread out casters, like in Forge of Souls.
* I don’t use Wild Mushroom, except as a toy.
* Sometimes I can’t Rebirth someone, and I won’t know why. If people are dying, there’s too much going on for me to figure this stuff out.
* My opinion—I think the gear is too specialized. Feral’s Moonfire doesn’t hit for very much. When farming, I’ll switch out several items to buff Insect Swarm and Moonfire.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
* Feral is fun.
* Resto is really good… except I don’t actually understand (unglyphed) Regrowth. I associate Regrowth with running out of mana.
* Honestly, I still get overwhelmed by all the icons and the auras.
* I macro a bunch of trinkets and cooldowns into one ability, like Charge + Enrage + Barkskin.
* I wish certain aspects carried over into other specs, like Nourish refreshing Lifebloom in all specs.
* I wish Predatory Strikes had a larger aura than the little cat head icon with all the other buffs.

* I wish I could poop on people while in Flight Form. Just Sayin’.
* I wish we could use more shapeshift items, or not accidently shift out of an awesome effect.
* STINKING CACTUS BLOOM - 10 second duration. The druid summons a thorny cactus that makes a stinking cloud that creates a brief AoE silence effect for non-instant spells. Kill the cactus, kill the cloud.
* I wish we had more ‘Mylune’s Call’ (non-combat) effects. BTW, Non-Combat spell effects would be really good prizes for quests.
* I wouldn’t mind using Moonfire in Feral Gear like the old days.
* I wish we had some cooler minor glyphs. The only cool cosmetic glyph we have is TREEFORM…

* Wild Mushroom (Detonate) unless I’m just playing.
* Regrowth—I associate that spell with running out of mana.
* I *was* going to say Soothe Beast, and say that it is used by Soloists and players like Serenity… but then I realized it was gone.

BTW, I use Teleport Moonglade a lot.
85 Tauren Druid

- Both. I typically bear tank in heroics and raids, and do keep some offset or dual-use worthy gear for cat DPS. I also do quite a lot of random battlegrounds, am getting into Arenas finally, and occasional Rated Battlegrounds.

- I typically do 5-10 heroics a week, depending. The large majority of those are performed as bear tank. I also raid as I can with the guild, I took a few months off so I'm gearing up to be able to be another tank and off-DPS.

- All of the above.

- I don't have any real complaints from a Feral Tank perspective since most of our issues have been fixed, finally.

What I do have issue with, is the fact that Shred STILL has a positional requirement. Talk about skill-cap or no skill cap....Blizzard stated they were not going to design any fights that put classes at a disadvantage such as how Kologarn operated. Thusly, rogues had the positional requirement of Mutilate removed, so their DPS would be up to par. Not only was this promise broken but to my knowledge there are FOUR raid bosses that feral druids cannot use Shred on.

This is also a major concern in PVP, with the large amount of either area, auto-applied, or easily reapplied snares and roots. Desecration is probably the worst offender in that regard in an arena environment, and if I can't get in position very often to use Shred....why is that? Every other class is nailing me with their full power attacks, yet I cannot do the same without the use of either a stun, or crazy dancing around running or strafing. It's very annoying, to say the least. That being said, I'm still fairly competitive at the moment.

Feral druids are also the only class that have to sacrifice virtually all their defenses and offense in order to cast any utility or healing spells, unlike anyone else. This is mitigated somewhat with Predator's Swiftness, but again this is one aspect where druids are uniquely disadvantaged as compared to other classes.

- I like being able to fulfill multiple roles, and the feral PVP playstyle especially is very dynamic and often challenging, thus rewarding when it is done well.

- Shred's positional requirement. Get rid of that and I will be one happy kitty for the most part. The rest of it I can deal with.

- Feral druid DPS rotation was simplified, and it's not that complex now. No issues here particularly, except that perhaps a little look at energy regeneration mechanics could be beneficial. We're a bit too reliant on Omen of Clarity procs and Tiger's Fury.

- Shred's positional requirement to be gone. Gone. Done. Finito. Anything else after that would probably just be gravy.

- As a feral, pretty much all the balance spells except for Hibernate, Cyclone, Entangling Roots, and Soothe....are useless. Wild Mushrooms only have a use for a feral druid as a setup for a pull as a tank, and it's a bit miffing that our level 85 spell only barely gets some use by 1 type of druid. I also never use Nourish or Regrowth. Healing Touch does ok when used in combination with Predator's Swiftness.
90 Human Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE seldom pvp
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
heroic dungeons and some occasional normal raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
not much

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
the hunter ammo thing is great!... but that's hunters...
flight form, like i said before is nice. versatility to shift into bear or self heal is nice. stealth is wonderful.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I enjoy the versatility that druid offers. I play feral (tank primarily and kitty secondary) and enjoy being able to tank or switch to dps without switching spec or gear (except trinks). I enjoy the ability to be fast and move around easily. Stealth is also a great ability. Instant cast flight form is amazing and fun to use.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Boomkin doesnt make sense to me :). I'm sure it's fun to others, but if i wanted to play caster, i would choose a different caster class that is more fun. Druid healing is not fun to me.
I've played all tank classes/ healer classes (except shammy) and just dont like the feel of druid healing. It seems that there are way too many hots and not enough direct heals. I prefer pally healing.
Bears / Cats are both fine IMO. Please dont make us have to manage rage.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Bear - With the recent increase to threat generation, it seems that rotation is not important anymore. Single target is very simple, aoe is just spamming 2-3 abilities. However, i do not want to be forced to "actively manage my rage".
Cat - I love it, it seems that i either have too much energy and nothing to spend it on or no energy when i need to reapply a buff/debuff.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-please allow darkflight to remove roots/snares just like the other speed increasing abilities.
-I would like improved travel form (100%) and ability to break snare/fear easier, like we used to have.
-let bears start with full rage rather than no rage... that would mean enrage would need to be adjusted, or removed. I find it annoying to be without rage in the beginning of a fight. This change wouldnt make a difference in raids, but would help alot in dungeons when chain pulling if you have to shift out of bear. Alternatively, if bears could maintain a certain amout of rage when shifting out of bear and back into bear (other than the 10 you get talented).
-allow bears to cast thorns w/out shapeshifting out of bear. In heroics i would occasionally thorns before a pull, but i would lose all stored rage. So, it's useless except for healers (to cast on a tank) the way it is currently designed.

■What spells do you use the least?
-I rarely use teleport moonglade, but i dont want it removed. It is nice to have occasionally (twice a year or so)
-Cower.
-soothe has extremely limited usefulness.

any balance spells except barkskin, most resto spells.
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
10 and 25 man raids, mostly normal - some heroic. I am almost exclusively a resto druid.

Easily, the biggest issues I have now are on tank swap fights. Spending 3 global cooldowns to reapply Lifebloom to the new tank feels clunky, and - depending on the encounter - dangerous. I'd appreciate a new way to easily switch Lifebloom from one target to another, keeping the same number of stacks.
The other big problem I face is with threat. When a new add spawns (scions on Ragnaros) or a boss enters an encounter (Nefarion or Theralion landing), I nearly always have more threat than the tank I'm healing. The tank taunts as soon as he can, but sometimes I still take a melee swing in the process. I play as a night elf, so the only option I have is to pop Shadowmeld - which isn't a threat dump. It *hopefully* distracts the mob long enough for the tank to pick it up, but it also means that I have to stand still and not heal until the tank has agro. Cat form + cower isn't any more attractive of an option.

My forms and my cooldowns. I love thinking through a boss fight to figure out when will be the best time to use Tranquility and Tree of Life. I also enjoy figuring out how to use my feral abilities (i.e. Bash, Growl, Stampeding Roar, Dash, etc.) to help out my raid. I like that resto druids are versatile and adaptable.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my class at the moment. I think our healing style is much more interesting than it was in Wrath.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Aside from the issue with swapping Lifebloom from one tank to another, I generally enjoy my rotation. I love the way that our direct healing spells interact with our HoTs, and I think our new Harmony mastery really succeeded at giving us additional incentive to use both types of spells.

- Indoor travel form
- Incentive to take Living Seed in anything besides a strict tank-healing spec.
- ANY kind of viable threat dump.
- A better way to switch from healing one tank to healing another tank

I can find almost no use for Nourish in a raid setting since 4.2. Nourish is fine for filler healing in 5 man dungeons, but it just isn't worth the GCD when I'm healing in Firelands; it is simply too weak of a heal. Regrowth isn't much better. I'll use Regrowth when I'm in tree form and when I have an Omen of Clarity proc on anyone who is low. Outside of those circumstances it's too expensive to be worthwhile, and heals for too little to justify being that expensive.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]