Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
Raeldor, Feral PvP Druid
-----------------------------------

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]:
PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]:
I do mostly Arenas and BGs, but when I have the time, I also do Rated BGs.

What makes playing your class more fun?:
I truly enjoy playing as a druid. The bleeds, self heals, high mobility, and the ability to play very offensively/defensively when needed truly feral makes enjoyable. Also, being able to dispel those pesky hexes or innervating my healer gives a great feeling of teamwork at times.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Overall, I'm very happy about the class. If I had to complain about something though, it would have to be the trouble we sometimes have against healers in 1v1/2v2. When facing good healers (especially holy paladins) that know how to juke right and conserve their mana, the only thing it feels I can do as a feral is wait for him/her to make a mistake.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I really like the feral rotation - we aren't just mashing buttons as we constantly have to watch both our energy and combo points. We also have a little something for each situation, which makes me feel very versatile as a druid.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I would love being feared less (or better yet, get out of fears). I'd be happy with an ability that would increase the damage I receive or that simply just inflicts damage onto me and that, in return, breaks me out of a fear.

Edit: Second thoughts, FIX SKULL BASH! Please. Sometimes I press it and it doesn't do the charge until half a second later, or sometimes I press it and it doesn't interrupt. It's ridiculous that sometimes a healer lives just because the skull bash is late. It's even worse when that team later on wins.... (Just as a sidenote, it's the only ability that does this. It's feels like when I skullbash I have terrible lag every other time.

What spells do you use the least?
Teleport: Moonglade, Thorns

Hopes this helps :)
Edited by Raeldor on 9/16/2011 8:18 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Instances, raids and daily quests

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Some Battlegroups

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I miss the tree form - It put me in the mind set of healing and now I never think to change when things get busy. The different forms are part of being a druid

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Versatility, I can change from cat to bear for biggern mobs or even do a little emergency tanking if things go bad

■What makes playing your class less fun?

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
No problem

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
I feel like I need big heal - maybe with a longer cooldown or high mana cost but something that would let me get a person back from the brink enough to get the HOTs going. Too many deaths because the HOTs don't work quick enough
Be nice if the travel form was a little faster, I fly at high speed but the running speed is slower than riding. It made sense when you couldnt ride until 60 but now it isn't as useful.

■What spells do you use the least?
I don't think I have ever soothed anything.
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
arenas, and rbgs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I play resto mainly, and i hit how all other druid classes can be in their different forms. Resto is the only spec that has to sit in normal form casting heals with a long cooldown on treeform.
What makes playing your class more fun?
The use of different forms is definately something other classes cannot compare to, but recently there has been less and less reason to change forms due to different circumstances. ie: getting mounts at level twenty takes out what used to be a large part of playing a druid and getting travel form.
The fact that in pvp, druids are being pushed to all respec feral for any chance at decent ratings. Balance druids have not been good basically ever, and at the moment, everyone agrees that resto is the weakest healer out there. Their heals do so little, and they have to keep hots on themselves at all times in fear of a quick switch that leads to intant death.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The current healing rotation for pvp seems fine, exept for the fact that when multiple targets are taking damage, there is no way of keeping up with damage at all. Also, even when healing with the maximum efficiency rotations, the heals are not enough at all.
I am hoping for an extra cooldown for resto druids, either defensive or healing related. They need a solid heal to pick people up from low healths, because regrowth just does not cut it. Shaman's nature swiftness heals for almost double what druids' healing touch does. Priests which are supposed to have the hardest time picking people back up from low healths can just pump out a couple flash heals while drudis gotta spend 4 globals for 3 lifeblooms and a rejuv.
Nourish(worthless heals in pvp), thorns(needs more damage/currently damage is negligible), healing touch(not shortened or improved by talents so never can get casts off in pvp/even when ns'ed heals for close to nil compared to shamans' ns)

2 days ago

85 Night Elf Druid
Both. MS Resto in both PvE and PvP, OS Feral Dps in both PvE and PvP, OOS Feral Tank in PvE, OOOS Boomkin in PvE.
Heroic 25mans
Rated BGs & Arenas.
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Resto: As it has been mentioned before, a possible Perma-Tree of Life form with no abilities (simply for show). Druids are meant to be in forms. If someone wants to see their gear, they dont have to be in form if they dont want to be.
Feral DPS: No big issues that I have. The armored cat (ie Staghelm cat form) sounds kind of cool, but it could go horribly, horribly wrong.
Feral Tank: Same as kitty.
Boomkin: It'd be nice to customize the looks of boomkin as with ferals.

Resto: I love the new mastery function. It finally gave us a semi-recognizable rotation, not to mention the big boost to heals. Not to mention the versatility of rotations/specs for certain types of fights.
Feral DPS: I have the most fun when I get to play this spec. I've always loved playing cat, but I'm better at healing. I like focusing more on bleeds and high over-time dps rather than crushing people with burst hits during PvP.
Feral Tank: It's fairly meh in my opinion. I do like being able to do decent damage on AoE groups, but it's nowhere near as fun as my Prot Pally.
Boomkin: It's more of a "change of pace" spec for me. I enjoy not having to chase things around.

Resto: The only time I mildly dislike how this works is on Baelroc. Mana consumption from Regrowth makes building stacks quite the chore. Even specced for quick Nourish and having 2 rejuvs on tank and one on the target, its not quick enough to keep up with other healers. I do feel bad for Disc Priests on that fight though.
Feral DPS: Having to switch quickly between targets and losing out on combo points is annoying. Yes, there are ways around it and a good feral druid would be able to judge better than I, but even a cooldown like rogues have would be beneficial and not too overpowered.
Feral Tank: While I understand that tanks shouldnt have to pay extremely close attention to what buttons they press in order to do what they need to do, I shouldnt be able to just stand in one place pressing 3 buttons over and over in order to hold threat. I'd like to have to pay a bit more attention to what spells I use and when in order to tank. That would be fun for me.
Boomkin: Single Target DPS gets tiring after a while. Feral Dps seems so much more active and reactive that boomkin just can't compare.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Overall, everything except Feral Tank is fine by me. I've played (to some extent) all of the other tanking classes, and feral just does not match up with them.

A lot of what I'd like has already been stated (mostly the art stuff, combo transfer, spell hit not required for demo roar or FFF, a slightly stronger HoT on Regrowth).

I apologize for not keeping this on topic, but I must suggest that if you give a class a Battle Rez, then it should either always bring the dead back to 100% health, or give the caster the ability to glyph into a 100% rez. The player may as well not have been rezed when he is just going to die again in 3 seconds (and I know the argument about "smart accepts," but its just obsolete to have diversity among battle rezes).

I've probably used Teleport: Moonglade and Soothe more times than Thorns. That spell is complete trash in every spec. At least the other two are situationally more valuable and beneficial. The only time I have ever used thorns was in arena as resto when my partner(s) couldn't bring down the target and I had to add my own dps. Issues:
Resto PvE: Costs 6k mana, the boss better be a quick hitter or there better be more than 8 adds, takes away from healing rotation as well, on a cooldown, and its not permanent.
Resto PvP: Slightly less terrible. Decent if the dps are quick-hitters. Still costs 6k mana.
Boomkin PvE: God awful. Even if you macro it to the tank, that one gcd costs so much that you might as well have just stood still for 2 seconds.
Feral Dps and Tank PvE and PvP: If you thought it was bad in boomkin... Requires you to go out of form. That alone makes it useless in both PvE and PvP. It might be ok in PvP if it was usable in form, but even then it costs a gcd.
90 Night Elf Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Mostly Raiding

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Not being able to regen mana by casting wrath (or at least having a talent I can spec into that). Tree form gets nearly instant wrath, but it barely does any damage and doesn't regen any mana so it doesn't help much in raids atm.

• What makes playing your class more fun? i feel my druid heals better than my other healing toons...and i can pick up things like quest items while in tree form which saves time and allows me to escape mobs that might aggro

• What makes playing your class less fun? the way cata was in general made playing less fun compared to previous expansions, but in regards to my class, having tree form as a cooldown now instead of all the time (whereas balance is constantly in boomkin form, and ferals are always in their bear/cat form), laying down mushrooms is annoying due to it using so many gcds but it does more dps than hurricane

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) i dont really have much of a healing rotation and as for boomkin, I find the new meter annoying

• What’s on your wish list for your class? constant tree form back, the ability to regen a little mana while casting wrath in tree form during raids (like shaman) so I dont stand around towards the end of the fight useless, roots and hibernate should not require hit rating in pve so healers can help cc, rebirth does not require us to leave our current form, new druid art for the night elves (all our forms look old and boring compared to the new ones)

• What spells do you use the least? i hate using nourish because it barely heals at all and has a long cast time (which makes it not really useful at all during raids except maybe one boss fight), i have never used soothe or any bear abilities (I'm always heal/boomkin), I use teleport moonglade occasionally but it's not really useful now that we have the portal to hyjal (might be more useful for lower levels)
Edited by Andalya on 9/14/2011 4:23 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
pve

havent worked up to raiding yet but i do most of the rest

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

i dont have an oops i aggroed dump, shadowmeld is ok but i cant keep casting for it to work, even some sort of misdirect function would be nice. i dont think it would be game changing for me though, i'd prolly just forget i have it, cause of the other defensive cds i have

i enjoy the feel of the druid, the playstyle seems more fluid than other classes ive played. Also i dont have to look like a stupid gumby tree all the time, tree form was dumb, id prefer something like cenarius or a nymph if healers need an alternate form.

that little bit of threat i generate cause the tank didnt let lb fall off after the last pull occaisionally kills me

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

what rotation? i think that i need to be more flexible than a set rotation will allow

antlers.
aggro dump.
never ever having permatree form

ummmmm, regrowth is trash, its not even useful in BGs, its too expensive and doesnt heal for poo, im better off casting healing touch or nourish and praying really hard dude has a cd available

oh and permanent tree form is stupid im a druid not a tree
Edited by Credima on 9/14/2011 4:45 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
- What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE, with a little PvP now and then.

- If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Healing heroic dungeons, healing and tanking normal raids.

- If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Random BGs, occasional arenas.

- What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

General:
* No reason/opportunity to use Travel Form most of the time.
* Flight Form and Aquatic Form instant-dispelling if you so much as set a toe across the waterline (particularly annoying if you're swimming on the surface, as Aquatic Form often thinks you're out of the water when you're not), and Flight Form being uncastable on the surface of water.

Bear:
* No ranged silence.
* Inability to use most of my druid abilities because they break form.
* No raid CD (see wishlist).
* Frenzied Regeneration being best used at 10% health or lower, making it a very high-risk CD (see wishlist).
* Mastery shields not scaling well, and not stacking.

Tree:
* It's obligatory in this thread. No cosmetic Tree Form.
* Slow re-stacking of Lifebloom on tank swaps.
* Somewhat lacklustre healing from Regrowth, compared to the other healing spells.

Cat:
* In PvP, being slowed/snared/rooted to uselessness, especially problematic with rogues.
* Often having to be in energy debt just to keep up all buffs/debuffs.

Owl:
* Again, it's obligatory. No new moonkin models, especially for the new races.
* Over-reliance on Solar Eclipse to make the class "work".
* The Eclipse system in general. I would welcome something more like holy priest chakras, choosing your eclipse based on what kind of damage you want to buff.

- What makes playing your class more fun?

I like the versatility and variety. If I get bored or a specific role is needed, I can switch specs and run with it. If something goes vastly wrong, I usually have a CD that can fix it. The basics of most druid specs are simple and direct, but to master them takes time and skill.

- What makes playing your class less fun?

Sometimes, it feels like you're punished for trying to use some of that versatility. To switch out of bear form for a Rebirth or such is usually a death sentence. 4PT11 made cats actively resist dropping form to Tranq or Rebirth (less of an issue now, but you still can't do things like Soothe without breaking form). Owls and trees suffer less from this; they can access pretty much everything without severe penalty.

- How do you feel about your "rotation"?

Bear and tree feel about right to me. Cat suffers a bit from the need to 5-CB Shred sometimes instead of using a finisher. Moonkin's eclipse gaming can be a serious pain sometimes, to the point where I often just sit in Solar while solo/until a boss.

- What's on your wish list for your class?

If all of my wishes got implemented even I admit it would make druids ridiculously OP, but hey. Wishes.

* A lot of posts have asked for a tanking CD, to match the other classes. My preferred version would be Tranquility (Bear Form). Instead of a channeled cast, put a magic dispellable buff on yourself that provides the Tranquility effect passively. Being dispellable and auto-dispelling on stun addresses the PvP issues of this, and having it auto-dispel on leaving bear form would prevent cats switching, hitting Tranq, and switching back to maintain DPS.
* A glyph to modify Frenzied Regeneration to provide an absorb shield for X% of your health, instead of raising your current health to 30%.
* A "Consume Blood" cat/bear ability which consumes all your active bleed effects on target as a self-heal (letting bears choose between Pulverize giving extra crit/mastery shields, or a self-heal right then and there, and giving cats a small emergency button).
* A 20/30s CD resto ability that lets you move a triple-stacked Lifebloom instantly to a new target (nearly necessary for tank swap mechanics in heavy damage phases).
* The ability to cast Rebirth from bear form.
* Something, anything that would give me reason to be in Travel Form more often; indoor use, full ground-mount speed, a pack of angry clowns pelting me with tomatoes.
* You're already working on this I'm sure, but some form of interaction with my bear mastery shields would be great, just for the extra plate to balance on rotation.
* A resto interrupt.
* The ability to self-cleanse curses when in bear or cat form without breaking form.
* A root/snare break, at least for cat form.
* Returning some or all of our bear form damage.

- What spells do you use the least?

General: Teleport (Moonglade), Cyclone (sometimes in PvP, almost never in PvE), Nature's Grasp (same), Thorns
Bear: Challenging Roar (without a taunt aspect and with such limited range, almost completely useless), all form-breaking spells
Cat: Claw (obviously)
Tree: Regrowth (only during ToL form basically; it's not strong enough for the cast time otherwise), damage spells
Owl: Hurricane, Typhoon
Doesn't seem to want to let me switch to my druid, but my druid is Chewbabaka, 85 balance druid.

Mostly PvP.

The occasional 5 man and regular raid.

World PvP, arenas, BGs, and Rated BGs. If it moves, I'll PvP it.

Giving moonkin the same disentanglement that resto gets so we can shift out of snares in travel form without going through moonkin form.

MOONFIRE SPAM! Shifting in general. The versatility that's iconic to druids. The awesome raw power of starfalling in a lunar eclipse or spreading DoTs in solar.

- Being focused to death in arenas because we have the worst defensive cooldowns of any spec in the game.
- Working around the awkward eclipse mechanics.
- Feeling like I have to choose between sacrificing mobile DPS by skipping lunar shower and being punished for casting moonfire when lunar shower is up if I want to maintain eclipse.
- Not being viable in double DPS comps in arenas because we need a lot of time to get to eclipse and do barely any damage outside it.

Okay, but it could be better. Single target in PvE is a bit dull. I miss the moonfire spam of PvP, though agree that wrath and starfire should do better damage to encourage their use over moonfire/sunfire spam.

- A 3/5 minute cooldown for balance which instantly puts us in the eclipse of our choosing. This would solve the issues moonkin have in getting to eclipse before they die in double DPS comps, as well as giving them a DPS cooldown for general use.
- A better defensive cooldown than barkskin, or something to shake people off us. Anything to make "Kill the moonkin" not the universal counter to them in arenas.
- Nerf the moonfire/sunfire direct damage buff but make it not consume eclipse energy again.
- Take solar beam off the global cooldown like every other interrupt.
- Add a passive healing component to owlkin frenzy, or do something so that ROGUES don't heal better than a hybrid class. Seriously, that doesn't make any sense.

Wrath and starfire sadly. Between interrupts and line of sight, hardcasting is rarely an option in arenas.
In a more literal sense though, my feral moves.
Edited by Kyuuki on 9/14/2011 4:57 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
greetings from Darquenezz of Cenarion Circle! (balance only/ever, but I am VERY much a hybrid still!!!) ^^

I enjoy questing, and that would be my preference. But, like so many, after the endgame quests/zones are done, it seems it is only dailies, PvP dailies, and instance running - or else playing my alts.Achievements & collecting are NOT my deal, although i will go through occasional profession-acquisitions. I'm also trying to grind arch, but it hasn't really hooked me.

Questlines preferred, but it is 95% rep dailies, 5 and 10 mans. I am now living in a country with poor internet structure/service, and also my hardware isn't top notch/1st gen any more, so I can't really do the 25s or areas with massive throughput/effects, sadly.

Randoms and/or weekender holidays BGs. Haven't done a single rated, and haven't done Arenas now for a couple of years. Oddly enough (or maybe not?) I am most hybrid-like in PvP; I will often be flipping between cat, night elf, travel forms (dedicated heals/support for flag runners), and into bear or moonkin only under duress.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I was one of the first panzerkins in WoW, and I kind of miss that, but will begrudgingly admit that it WAS imbalanced. :) I would have to say my quality-of-life issues aren't related to my class - they are more to my server, players, farmers, the economy, etc.

I'm a Druidess - I consider my class the MOST fun of ANY class in the game!!!

Tauren - from TB, but are generally stuck in org. But they have a Tauren enclave area.
Trolls - refugee status in Org, but have their own area.
Worgen - refugee status in SW, but are human/can pass for human.
Kaldorei - Not only are we NOT from SW/the Eastern Kingdoms, but our park is now gone, too. :'( It feels very, very un-night elvish and un-Druidic to be in SW these days; not even a moonwell to weep bitter tears into.

Tell you what - put a horde & alliance AH & bank in Moonglade (or small faction enclaves? we have the space . . .), and I bet a LOT of us would choose to stay there!

EJ and others, in attempts to be helpful, have really, really cookie-cuttered EVERYTHING; gear, consumables, rotations, etc. I think that is kind of sad that after a run (or sometimes, because we are DPS, *during* a run) people throw out meters to evaluate you - and will cut a person, because it is easy to bring in another DPS. No, my DPS isn't always 1st - but how do you take into account 3 stacks of FF on each mob, or thorns on the tank, or the group-save tranq, the 15 second solar beam, or the timely battle rebirth? Why should I have to even consider utility vs. pumping a high personal DPS meter???

I was of an age when polearms were Druidic weapons. And then they were not. Boo. Now they are again! Huzzahs! But, ummm, devs??? Where are our CASTER polearms, hmmmmm? I wouldn't mind seeing sickles (1-hand), scythes added in for us, as well. Also, not so many druidic/shamanistic-type offhands. i see a lot of books, but more pouches, totem/fetish-type stuff.

I've put it in the forums before, but i will say it again - even if it is only a glyph, i want keeper/dryad forms for travel form. I'd PREFER my own torso, but i would gladly take the generic models. For Tauren, give them something centaur-like. Trolls, no idea. I was thinking snake? But they already get bat for flight form . . .

I would also like to see some kind of call-for-aid/'compel'-type spell for beasts and plant-based elementals, that will shift their alignment for a short period of time (say, from red to yellow, or yellow to green). single target, and probably diminishing returns would keep it from being imbalanced. Think of it as an upscale critter bites effect.

I'm glad hiber got re-tuned, and I am showing/re-teaching people how good & versatile it is now. But soothe has fallen off now that the function has changed (could we get the reduction on an aggro range if the target is not currently under an enrage effect function back???). Thorns i am using during my Anzu phase, but the duration is so short now, and the mana cost seems high.

I still teleport to Moonglade, but it would love a set of Druidic-only portals inserted in the game, in places not currently covered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All this being said, i am GUESSING we will finally see the Emerald Dream as a major content patch before the game sees its end of days. I was here at the first, and i will be there for the end.
90 Tauren Druid
PvE
Raids, 5-mans, quests, professions
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated Bgs]
I don't PvP on any of my healers. The reason is that I can't spec for PvP. My main spec is PvE healing. Doing all the day-to-day stuff in a healing spec is slow and painful, so the secondary spec (usually dps) is for utility: dailies, gathering, holidays, achievements, and grouping with new healers to help teach them. There's no way to get the PvP talents, and this closes off this part of the game for me.

Needing reagents for spells feels outdated at this point. I just glyph out of the need and forget about them. It limits the number of available fun minor glyphs and reagents become something only leveling players have to deal with.

So many things! Flexible rolls. Mobile healing. Changing forms. Flight form. The undertone of humor.

No form for healing. Lack of utility spells (interrupts, tank cooldowns, CC that's only good for melee mobs, threat management). Threat management is probably the most annoying. Anytime there's a summoned add, it goes right for me. And I can't even stop healing, since HoTs will keep ticking away. It feels like playing an affliction warlock before soulshatter.

In general, fine. The one bad spot is at the beginning of an encounter. To get the right heals on the tank, I have to lifebloom x2, some kind of direct heal to get Harmony up, the third lifebloom, and rejuvenate. That's 5 GCD plus possibly one cast time, all after the encounter has started (since I can't pre-cast any of this for aggro reasons). The culprit is clearly lifebloom, which seems to have too much baggage left over from previous design iterations.
Also, regrowth is just a crazy quilt of a spell. It's a direct heal. With a HoT that gets munched. It can have a large amount of crit (but not enough to be reliable), give a haste boost once per minute, has a glyph that's good for one fight (Chimaeron). It's overly complicated and also seems to be the victim of residual design.

As a PvE healer, I'd like the healing spec to have a lot more usefulness outside of groups. Spirit = Hit would be a big help. So would some more oomph to our damage spells.
An interrupt.
Totally pie-in-the-sky wish. Since healing form is never coming back, how about more integration with other druid forms? Something along the lines of “Spirit of the Bear/Cat/Moonkin”, with bear being a defensive cooldown, cat for movement control, and moonkin for mana regeneration (taking the place of innervate, which is currently only useful when self cast). It would also help explain why Natural and Master Shapshifter talents are in the healing tree :)

Nature's Swiftness. I've spec'd in and out of this over the years, and can count the number of times I've used it (non-macroed) on two hoofs.
Thorns seems increasingly irrelevant, I've taken it off my cast bar.
3 Goblin Mage
I got banned, but really wanted to do this.
My druid is Nevrok - Daggerspine US

PvP, but I do old school raids, bh25.

Old school/bh25. I hate grinding for pve raids, and then progressing by wiping.

All types.

I really like that we're viable again as feral, but hate how theres no perma-tree of life form

Shapeshifting, stealth, human tracking in bg's/outdoors.

Getting stuck in roots :(

Feral rotation sucks.

Don't nerf predatory strikes, it's not good enough as it is.
Don't nerf our damage, our dps is bad enough as it is.
Add a perma-tree of life form, even tho im feral most of the time.
Another druid form pretty soon would be nice.
Transmorgfigation or whatever its called for forms.

Soothe, Nourish, Thorns (even tho i should), regrowth, entangling roots as a feral, hibernate unless against a sham or druid
85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE Tank

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] raids/heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. My 2 biggest issues are thorns not being useable in bear form and how bear tanks have less health than most other tanks

What makes playing your class more fun? dodging like crazy

What makes playing your class less fun? not having as much health as other equally geared tanks
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) its fine but i wish lacerate did slightly more damage

What’s on your wish list for your class? Thorns useable in bear form and making dire bear form give 20% increased stam again
What spells do you use the least? Thorns CAUSE I CANT USE IT IN BEAR FORM GRRRRRZZZZZ
85 Tauren Druid
Lyonis , Drak' Tharon(PVP)
I focus on PvE

Raids, may they be old school vanilla or Cata.

Thrash, Another button to press for aggro and attacking multiple mobs is something we really needed.

The tanking of Z/a or Z/g and learning a Raid with hands-on fights, instead of looking at a video or reading about the raid.

The lack of attacks we have to hurt more then 3 mobs.

Rotation. Lol. I dont use a rotation, I use common sense and what will help my dps and me live longer.

Perme tree form D:. Why you take it off blizz.
And more attacks with mobing potential.

90 Worgen Druid
PVE Resto

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Not much to say here but I echo the perma-ToL form that many have mentioned

Versatilty/mobility of resto's is fun. The move from rejuv blanketing in WoLK to the current Cata model makes it much more interesting and fun. Having to put a bit more thought into what you're casting vs simply defaulting to rejuvs.

While we have great rampup style throughput, I wish we had something more bursty for certain situations. Our CD's simply are lack luster and can't really save the day. Sometimes it's fun to press a button and see a big number. All we really see are lots of tiny numbers.

I'm not saying we need big bomb heals all the time but even NS+HT isn't that exciting and doesn't do a lot. If it happens to crit and I see a 90-100K heal then it's kinda fun (and useful).

While you've tried to bridge the gap a bit between raid healing and tank healing I don't feel we're quite there yet (given how weak HT feels).

I wouldn't say we have a rotation really

- ToL buff should NOT disappear if you shapeshift out of ToL. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to shift back into tree for the duration of the buff

- Make Barkskin castable on other playes (as resto spec).

- HT feels quite useless to me currently and NS+HT really doesn't have a wow factor or save the day type of feel. Eithe a buff to the base HT or a buff to NS (+50% heal + 100% crit maybe) or both

- Perma tree form

- Nourish really is useless except as a cheap way to refresh Harmony. I like how it feels if I have 3 rejuvs up (with NB) but it's all clumsy and involves too many GCD's. It's just too slow for the benefit otherwise. Unsure how to change it

- I always disliked the 'only one LB' target in non-ToL form. My wish is that you at least make it max 2 targets for tank healing. We can waste so many GCD's switching back and forth on tanks. By the time we restack it's time to switch back to the other tank and we've done no healing. Why not alow max 2 targets so that we can fit into the tank healing role just a bit better.

Healing Touch is the least used. It's too slow and doesn't heal for enough. The only time I use it is if I'm watching a tank and it just doesn't put a dent in tanks health pool. Spamming it does very little and it's almost a waste of time. (see 'less fun' and 'wish list' questions)
90 Night Elf Druid
Both, mostly PvE

Heroics & Raids (Mostly new content.)

BGs & Arenas

(1) Feral druids should be able to Battle Rez in their feral forms.
(2) Not being able to use cosmetic items in druids forms.
(3) Rage generation for bears.... very tough when tanking spread out groups.
(4) Having to role against hunters for staves when they have so many other weapon options than I do. Maybe its not quality of life... but it really Grinds My Gears!!!

(1) Improved stealth detection for kitties.
(2) Versitility between different forms (and their abilities) in combat.

(1) Bland looking tier sets.
(2) How easily a resto druid can shut down a feral druid in arenas with their mass of cc options.
(3) Bears have to choose between maximizing their dodge with agility or maximizing their vengeance with stamina. Can I have an option for both? I used to chose stamina, but recently switched to agility for firelands and my drop in tank DPS with all that extra agility made me a Sad Panda. =(
(4) Most druids considered the Raven Lord mount our class mount because of the great pains once required to be able to summon Anzu for a chance at the mount. Now any non-druid schmuck can solo him (pre-summoned) with no appreciation for the lore behind it.

I like the bear and cat rotations. There's a lot of room to get creative (where really awesome players can shine), but they are simple enough so that less skilled players can still get by.

(1) Feral druids should be able to Battle Rez in their feral forms. I would love to be able to Brez while I'm tanking like other classes can.
(2) Kitties should be able to restealth in combat. The Shadowmeld/Prowl combo doesn't work consistently.
(3) Bigger range on challenging roar. Also make it actually work on all tauntable adds within range.
(4) Faster movement speed for kitties on the prowl.

Challenging Roar. It has a very low success rate. When I have a taunt dot on an add, even if its from an AOE taunt, I feel so very fail as a tank when he continues to attack another party-member.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I would like a way to hide Moonkin Form, i think it just too ugly to look/play. i like the play of balance but the Form too ugly for me.
90 Night Elf Druid

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]--PVE
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]--Casual raiding with my guild
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]--N/A
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.--Not being able use Noggenfoggers elixirs and other items that change your character's appearance while in moonkin. This is huge to me and I have been wishing it so for awhile now. I get jealous of looking at every other class getting to use them.
■What makes playing your class more fun?--I love how druids can fill any role and when you get tired respeccing is basically the same as rerolling
■What makes playing your class less fun?--No Noggenfoggers in Moonkin.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)--I love it, it is the right balance of dots and casts.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? A faster way to lay down 3 mushrooms, it is time consuming when you need something dead right now.
■What spells do you use the least?--Cower, I dont even have it on my bar.

2 days ago

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Feral druid on Tichondrius. I started in Cataclysm :D

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]-

I love to do everything on my druid. Its fun and adaptable.

I do anything my ILvl will get me into currently for more loot. Although a lot of people don't want melee... and ranged seemed to be more favored in most raids so its hard to get a spot. Except boomkin isn't that fun to play. I love feral.

I mainly do arenas, but BG's are fun as well. We just need more of them!

Some of our mana costs of moves we are suppose to spam (like regrowth) cost way to much for healing.

Pick and place balance moves. I hate mushrooms.

Being an animal. I think more unique forms would be...interesting even if it won't happen. I would love to select the type of cat, travel, bear, or flight form I would take on. More uniqueness. With Transmogrify coming up I will want it even more. Because druids don't get to enjoy it to its fullest.

Having to get 5 hits in combo points just to get a chance to heal in feral pvp. None of our hots heal enough and our regular proc heal just isn't enough it seems. Seems like way to many buttons to press when most classes just press one.

DPS rotation is rather easy for feral druid. I think some changes need to be made though. I don't see Ferocious bite as a real attack. Way too much variability. It does take some skill to play this class. Might help some newbies if you word the rotation a little bit better in the tool tips. I seen ferals still using claw in heroics.

Resto rotation is almost too simple and only difficult depending on the fight. I usually use 3 heals. Rejuv, wildgrowth and Lifebloom. Nourish and regrowth don't really seem worth it. I only use nourish when I need to spam a moderate heal on a heavily damaged target. Regrowth costs way to much mana.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Changeable forms! I want to pick my own swim form, because bear-cat-fish is ugly. If we can't pick, I want racial forms and gender difference. Just check out the druid forum

What spells do you use the least? In all of my specs, I think mushrooms are just plain frustrating. I tend to not even try to use them in pve or pvp unless im messing around.
Edited by Enuamatali on 9/14/2011 6:07 PM PDT
9 Troll Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both
----Both, PVE moonkin, PvP Resto

-----Raiding and casual heroics

------Arenas and some BGs

------Not having a tree form for my resto spec. It's disruptive as a healer to only be able pop a tree cooldown instead of having our tree form. The only survival abilities we have currently is barkskin when ToLF is on CD.
-----On the moonkin side, implementing the eclipse cast bar is by far the most difficult and restraining issue as a moonkin. We are restricted to a casting bar that does not allow us a flexible or versatile rotation.

-----Because of the moonkin changes, less people play moonkin which makes it more enjoyable to be the only one in a group or raid.

----- Eclipse bar. It's just plain awful.
----- No perma-tree form for resto.

------- It's relatively unchanged from pre-eclipse bar, however, it does not allow for errors with this new eclipse bar system. It also takes twice as long to make it to a solar eclipse due to the longer cast time of starfire combined with the fact that starfire creates the same amount of "energy" as wrath does to get to lunar. That added time with the casting of starfire and same energy gained is very unbalanced with a system such as the eclipse bar.
-----As resto I always forget in the heat of the moment to use my Tree form CD.

-------Permanent tree form
-------Bring back random stun on hit from starfire
-------Eliminate the eclipse bar completely.
-------Rejuv heal for less and cost less mana

------Wild mushrooms
------CD on tree form in arenas--You just plain forget about it! And when you do remember, the damn rouge vanishes then stun locks you :P
85 Troll Druid
-PvE

-Endgame PvE Hard Modes.

-Being forced to be in Solar Eclipse to do significant AoE Damage.

-I like the interaction of Eclipse with other buffs. Timing Eclipse to coincide with other cooldowns and on-use abilities like the Engineering gloves is really the only thing that makes the moonkin rotation interesting.

Not to beat a dead horse... but being forced into Solar for so many fights.

-I like the single target and I find that multi-dotting leads do additional interesting questions about when it's best to re-apply dots. I dislike the "rotation" when I have to keep an eclipse (dots + starfire for Solar, for example) because it isn't interesting at all.

I'd like to see additional spells benefit from Sunfire, and I'd like to see a balance-only talent that transforms barkskin into a more powerful cooldown. Treants becoming more significant would be nice as well - right now you drop them because hey, it's slightly better then another spell, but they aren't really a significant dps boost and it would be nice to have something like that.

-Hurricane. Damage for time/cost is simply too low to be worth it in 99% of situations, given the alternatives.
Edited by Smo on 9/14/2011 6:29 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]