Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

88 Night Elf Druid
Feral DPS (sometimes tank when in a bind).

What type of content do you focus on?
- I only PVE, I might get into some BG's sometime, but it's not really my thing.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
- Just started doing Heroics, I want to raid when my gearscore is better, and when I can actually be home for the scheduled raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
- N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
- I am bummed that I'm getting all this great looking gear, and Transmog is coming, but since I'm feral, I'm the same cat no matter what gear I've got on. Having some sort of customization at 85 when in forms would be really awesome.

What makes playing your class more fun?
- Insta-cast forms! I love flight, and having the option to try any role (though I'm not really geared for caster-anything).

What makes playing your class less fun?
- Besides the same kitty form all the time, hmm. I don't like that Berserk doesn't cancel out Fear anymore, I get bummed when I'm feared into bosses after already pulling a different group.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- I like it! I'm still a mouse-clicker, so sometimes I get excited and click the wrong things, but I've got a good rotation down. I looked up good rotations online, and tried to make sure that my bleeds are always up and in order.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Customized forms, even if it's only at 85, and even if it's only a little customization. That's a very cool thing to look forward to. I am so vain, it appears.

What spells do you use the least?
- I don't use balance spells because it's not my spec, but for my Feral DPS spec, I don't use Claw at all (I did in the beginning, until I got Mangle. I love that spell.)
Edited by Minaeve on 9/12/2011 10:47 AM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas, and Rated BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Shred requiring me to be behind the target for it to actually be used. If the positioning requirement could be eliminated it would be an overall improvement.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

How much more active, and dynamic the playing is. Every fight for me is not the same every single time. I need to think and act on my feet in order to do well.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Relating this to PVP the sheer amount of snares that are available and my in ability to deal with them. Also the tools I have available that I can't use. I need to shift out of form to cast roots, thorns, hibernate, and so on.

I also feel that the current system of shifting into forms such as bear, cat, or owlkin leaves me out of features that are being added to the game like transmogrification. What is the point of using these features if I'm shape shifted and will not see the effects 95% of the time.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

With a priority system instead of a roation I feel that Feral druids are much better off than say a Ret paladin where they are locked into the same boring rotation that repeats itself every fight.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Removing the positional requirement for shred. Not being forced into caster form in certain situations when stunned.

■What spells do you use the least?

Entangling roots, thorns, and hibernate. If I shift into caster form to use these spells I will either get trained in PVP, or killed in PVE because I would most likely be tanking. Not having these tools available in such a way that makes them actually usable is much like having an 18th century army, but not allowing them to use cannons.
85 Troll Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Primarily Arenas - I also like rated battlegrounds, but the state of the class is much better in this environment, and I have very few concerns with it.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

None

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I play balance druid in competitive PvP. I find the fun of the spec to be in its versatility, which I believe Blizzard has done an excellent job integrating into the class' flavor and function. The ability to easily switch between offensive and defensive/supportive play, and the ability to be both proactive and reactive in a PvP setting are characteristics of the balance druid class that are unique, challenging, and ultimately make for some awesome entertainment.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Playing Balance druid in arena is currently a more painful and discouraging use of my time than I would like. While the class has a lot of potential to be entertaining and competitive, it is really not on the same playing field in terms of raw damage as most other competitive classes (Mages both do more damage, and have more answers), or in terms of defensive capabilities. It is not fun to maneuver my class skillfully through an arena match, but still lose to death knights and warriors who literally triple my damage with absolutely no way to stop them.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

While the term "rotation" is not incredibly applicable to PvP, I would like to express my gratitude for the work that has been put into revamping the functioning of the balance druid - I think eclipse, while it has more of a place in PvE, is an excellent solution to the problem of monotony that was once a concern.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

A reexamination of the class' functioning in the context of the current competitive PvP environment, and more future awareness of how tweaking for the context of raiding affects a class' playability in other aspects of the game.

Specifically, I would like to see a way to make entangling roots a more reliable snare that does not break after 2 DoT ticks. Frost mages have a better snare that is an instant, and they can use it more frequent (they also have a plethora of other defensive abilities). I think a cooldown ability that makes roots unbreakable to damage, or not able to be dispelled for some small amount of time could be a small, but very effective step toward making the class more playable in PvP.

# What spells do you use the least?

Hurricane and that sooth beast thing (I dont even know what it's called anymore - hasn't been on my bar in years). However I think it is okay to have some abilities be more relevant than others - making every single ability effective in every aspect of the game is an unreasonable request.
85 Night Elf Druid
I have 2 small concerns. One is over Feral DPS and the other is about restoration healing.

Feral DPS

Cat form DPS has a very long ramp-up time. We have to ensure there is a bleed debuff up, hit a bleed ability, get to a 5-pt rip, then make sure that our bleed that generates CP stays up, while making sure roar stays up, and not letting rip ever fall off.
This makes target switching as a cat unbearable, and while swipe is not bad for AoE, it's very limited. A mage can just as easily spam blizzard and beat our AoE capability.
I'm not saying that I want cat form DPS to move away from bleeds - I think it's an extremely unique system that allows some variance in play - but maybe making target switching slightly easier... maybe an ability similar to a rogue where I can transition my CP to the next target, or even some form of awesome ability that allows me to trade my rip to a new target.

Restoration

Resto druids are currently, without any doubt, the best "constant periodic damage mitigator" in WoW. Not only that, but we are arguably the best AoE spot healer in the game. Our mana levels and mana regen are extremely high, our throughput isn't instant, but it's very high HpM.
That being said, resto druids aren't the most efficient, best, greatest, brightest, etc on tank healing. I like this variation, personally. However, due to a high flux to 10-man content, it becomes necessary to bring 3 healers who have DPS offspecs, just so you can rotate the healing classes based on what you need. For example, I'll use T11 bosses as I'm much more comfortable with their mechanics

Magmaw - give me a tank healer and an AoE healer. So paladin/disc and sham/druid
Chim - give me 2 powerful AoE healers for this fight, I'll take the shaman and druid. They have the CDs to keep everyone alive easily during feud and they can also keep 2 tanks alive well enough.
So, now my paladin or priest has to DPS chim. (shadow priest plz)
Nef - 3 pillars, need 3 healers due to 3 pillars, while every other boss can be 2 healed.

I know some of that is due to the nerf, and changes, however a lot of higher geared guilds and pugs were using similar strategies. Being able to roll with any 2 healers would make much more sense instead of wanting to roll with 3 with offspecs to be able to rotate them as you see fit.
90 Night Elf Druid
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I focus on both.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic mode raiding

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, Rated BGs. I also love to world PvP.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
How easy it is for frost mages to control us. Whether it is in arena or a duel, it's just overkill. A frost mage paired up with another class that can CC well makes me finding myself almost sitting there watching most of the time. For me to CC opponents well I require combo points, but it's not possible to obtain combo points while sitting in roots or a fear.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Adding the Flamescythe in Firelands was a very good idea, and I like it. Something you could do is make it possible to go into that fire cat form without having to have it equipped.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
The 4.0.6 update that made it so ferals cant shift out of roots was a major bummer. Felt like a huge part of my class was taken away. Frost mages have almost complete control over me during a fight.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Might be fun to change the rotation a bit, or add something new to it.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Having one or two more different cat form models that you can use without having to equip the item. Having another bear form model would be nice too.
Would also love the ability to shift out of roots back, even if it means going oom after a certain amount of shifts.

# What spells do you use the least?
As Feral the spells I don't use very often are Claw (never use that), Cower, Regrowth, Wild Mushroom, and any of the balance damage spells.
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Progression raids, some heroics I guess.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Aesthetics. While I DO love the semi-new druid cat/bear forms, I would like to see the other forms revamped. Such as the moonkin changing color depending on our hair color, just like the cat and bear form. I want to be a white boomy! Also, the travel form needs to be reworked, as its an old cheetah model, which doesnt make much sense, especially for a night elf. Perhaps it could be a deer, like a stag? That would be beautiful and it would make me use my travel form more often ;3 Also, the aquatic form needs to be redone. I dont mind it being a sealion, just update the model and make it not so snarly. After all, we chose druids because they could turn into things!

Being very good at healing, well a lot of things actually. :D

Being polymorphed because when healing Im not constantly in tree form :(

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Its fine as it is, I wouldnt change it (cept for maybe buffing regrowth a big/less mana cost my god )

New druid form models! White stag/boomy/bird please! :D You did it with cats and bears you can do it with these forms too! Just THINK of how many druids you will please!

Travel Form/Teleport: Moonglade (Though I still like this spell hehe)
90 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Mainly PvE, PvP for fun every now and then.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Regular BG's/ Occasional arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. A lack of a working Vote Kick system is the first thing that comes to mind. I also find that the expertise skill is somewhat an inconvenience more than anything and doesn't particularly "add" anything to the game rather than another stat some classes MUST HAVE in order to perform. I would also like to touch on the positioning of raid encounters, for example, having difficulties standing behind majordomo to use Shred but also worrying about being in the cleave. I can imagine the pain Fury Warriors are going through with major and rag.

What makes playing your class more fun? Versatility. I can do any role. Ranged/Melee DPS, Tank, Heals. And every single spec is proficient.

What makes playing your class less fun? The amount of gold it takes to change specs (ie, resetting your talents to change from moonkin to heals) and also the cost of dust to change your glyphs. I have the gear to perform well in any given spec as a druid, it's a real gold dump to switch every week for raiding for even wanting to PvP. I feel as though I have to dedicate two specs to either PvE or PvP and it doesn't allow for any grey area.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) As a bear (my MS) it is fun, but almost feels like a whack a mole game. Hit Maul every.single.cooldown. Hit mangle whenever its up. Then keep pulverize up and thrash in between.
As a moonkin its really boring. The Eclipse aspect of the spec is really just not well thought out in my opinion. Cast X until your bar switches to the left. Cast Y until your bar switches to the right. Very linear.
Feral DPS is probably one of my favorite specs because of the micro-managing of your dots/SR. You have to make decisions and if you mess up your DPS will fall because. You have to pay attention more so than any other spec.
Resto is fun as well but I feel some of the skills need a revamp. Regrowth is only used when its instant and your in tree form. Swiftmend is your go-to heal for "OH !@#$" situations and the CD being short, i feel like druids are RNG when say Decimation Blade occurs on baleroc and you're healing the tank. Swiftmend the first hit then hope a lifebloom pops after the second.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Feral Tank: Charge not COSTING rage but gives us rage instead. Also more of a ranged attack other than faerie fire and taunt. Makes me feel like i have to starfire pull again.
Feral DPS: Nothing is lacking here.
Moonkin: New system rather than the XY eclipse now in place.
Resto: A wider variety of spells that do different effects like how lifebloom is a hot, gives mana, and explodes for spike healing.

What spells do you use the least? Soothe, roots, THORNS, Claw(Lolsuchawaste)
Edited by Karasins on 9/12/2011 10:47 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
I play as a Feral Tank.

PVE

Heroics + Riads

BGs

There aren't many things affecting my quality of life as a Feral Tank. I will note that I do find it annoying sometimes where I run into things (like crafting) that I cannot do while in shapeshifted form. I find this especially frustrating in the light of being able to do virtually everything else in the game while in shapeshifted form, which is supposed to be a fantastic perk for druids.

I really enjoy being able to shift to different forms, like from my bear to cat, and have a totally different playing style and result. If it were possible to increase the diversity between different forms, this would make playing a druid even more fun.

I also played resto from Vanilla to BC, when I switched to Feral. I can say that I would love to see a permanent healing form like the old tree form. Druids do everything in their different forms, and I feel it would only make sense to have resto use a form as well.

I really enjoy my feral tank. It allows me to shapeshift and do great DPS w/out much of a gear change. Yes, my DPS is higher if I spec/equip right, but still. My concerns are with tanking in general. I am in the process of leveling up all four tanking classes. I really enjoy tanking, plus the queue times provide a great benefit as well. However, tanking after the threat buff has been a little boring. I know Blizzard plans to address this issue in the near future.

My Feral Tank rotation has been made rather bland by the threat buff AND the fact that I typically out-gear my content (iLvL 366 for mostly ZA/ZG runs and the occasional raid). However, since patch 4.1 I feel the rotation provides the right tools for druids to be successful AOE and 1v1 tanks. Having other abilities, like stampeding roar, give Druids great utility.

Another mitigation stat other than dodge perhaps. I like how my Warrior Tank (albeit only 44) has multiple mitigation stats (block, parry, dodge) that work together. I think it would be nice for Druids to also have a variety of stats that interact with talent trees specs to improve survivability. Or maybe somehow have self-healing abilities that are 'nature based.' Something like a druid drawing energy or life from the living nature around him. This could function kind of like death strike.

It would also be nice to be a be able to cast thorns in Bear form... ;-)

I rarely use Maim while in cat form. If ever.
Edited by Shrübbery on 9/12/2011 10:47 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Feral Tank.

PvE

Raiding end-game content

N/A. I use to PvP but it became too hard to be competitive in PvP with latency so I stopped awhile back. (I live in Oceanic area)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Honestly, you guys did so well by adding different skins for us bears and did one better by adding in the fire kitty staff but it's really not enough for a game of this magnitude. All other classes can switch their looks by using different gear while us bears and kitties can't. At least with chickens, you can still see their weapons. It would awesome if you could add more skins via weapons. I have yet to gain my flamescythe from Majordomo (i know, poor me right? :( ) but just the hopes of getting it keeps me continuing the weekly grind!

Mobility and versatility. Shapeshifting is fun, especially for fights that allows a tank to dps while the 2nd tank, tanks :P

One thing I would really like to see is another range pull ability. We have FF and a taunt but sometimes I find it insufficient to pull multiple enemies. We don't run with a hunter and rogues usually aren't suitable to MD stuff to the tank because they need to be in melee range. Heroic Rhyolith with the 5 elementals come to mind. With a DK or a Pally, you could DnD or Avenger Shield and grab with taunt to grab most of em.

The other thing is how Pulverise works. I think it needs to be reworked somehow. It's not that much fun and the payoff really isn't enough to justify the time it takes to get it rolling, imo. Theoretically, it may be more dps, but it really isn't fun to keep it rolling.

There okay...i like how this expansion started focusing on a priority system but it could be better. Kitties are more complicated, which is fine, but the payoff usually isn't enough to distinguish between a good player and a REALLY good player. I personally believe that if a rotation for a class is extremely difficult to do, then their dps should be much higher if done perfectly. It just seems fair. Having classes like spriest or boomies, which are very simple to do well imho, be top seem a little bit unfair. Arcane mages also fall into this category for me.

Another ranged pull of some sort....or no CD on FF would be nice.

In bear, i rarely use pulverise. I don't even need it for heroic alys and the hatches die fast enough.
85 Tauren Druid
What type of content do you focus on?I focus on PVE content 100%.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, Raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? NA

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Lack of Treeform. As a druid shapeshifter I find it silly that I'm not shapeshifting except on cooldown. Maybe have the from brought back fulltime and make our mastery only apply while in tree form. Keep the cooldown function of it still, as a talent, and then change the tree into something a bit more epic. I dunno, maybe a trail of foliage where it's stood while active and glowing vibrantly from it's leaves. That solves the tree of life becoming a shapeshift again and still retaining the purpose of it being a viable cooldown. Also, nobody liked giant broccoli man. Maybe make Nature's Swiftness guarantee the spell to crit also.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like the mobility it gives me while healing.

What makes playing your class less fun? Keeping up my Harmony proc, but it gives me a purpose to use my other abilities. It's a love/hate relationship.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I can't gripe, really.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Little more raid utility. Maybe a function like a paladin's Divine Guardian that instead of reducing all damage by 20% just temporarily increasing magical resistances by a set amount for say, 6 seconds. If my suggestion for Tree Form's changes we're implemented, maybe make it only usable while using the Tree Form cooldown. As otherwise it could probably be too overly used.

What spells do you use the least? Healing Touch, talented my regrowth hits as hard as it does normally, puts a hot on my target which I can also swiftmend. Only time I use HT is when I use Nature's Swiftness and it's only good if it crits when doing that. Otherwise I feel it's wasted.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to keep this short

Resto in PVE/Raiding/Endless grinding heroics/Minimal PVP just for weekly BH (but requests still apply)

My love is for healing, but I particularly like fights that are controlled enough that I can contribute to DPS or CC after stacking HoTs. Can we also have spirit convert to hit? It's not like we have any effective DPS spells. It feels very un-pro casting 4x trying to get a root cast off or trying to ice-block a Zanzil berzerker.
90 Night Elf Druid
PVE
Heroic Progression Raiding Content; primarily Resto.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Target swapping for Lifebloomx3 stacks on quick-taunt Tank fights (Ragnaros heroic and normal a perfect example) can be frustrating - I can either maintain the 3stack on the non-tanking tank in anticipation of the upcoming tank swap, or I have to spend 3 globals simply reapplying my Lifebloom stack to the new tank. If there was some way to move the 3 stack as a whole between tanks, that would be great. Perhaps LB may need to be reevaluated some, perhaps making the 3stack amount (or even 2 stack) the set amount for just a single application, as it can now only be on one target (then in tree form it would be spreadable over many people as usual). Ideas!

As Affinity suggested earlier, a cosmetic perma tree of life would be nice (affected also by treant glyph or no glyph), perhaps only usable out of combat or something to negate confusion in pvp but allow for some fun /dancing and such around town.

I love everything about druids and especially healing. I feel like we’re in a great spot right now - our throughput is competitive (all of the classes throughput is relatively even by this point in the xpac), our Tranq is now a nice raid cooldown (even if it not a damage reduction one), and we have to make good use of all our spells and it feels like all of our spells are valuable. Mana management is fun and, despite misconceptions, still a challenge (when not drastically overgearing content) to do well. I really love the importance of Int to our mana management and being able to make careful choices about secondary stats and managing cooldowns and mana throughout a fight to manage our mana well. The Tree of Life cooldown has ended up being a lot of fun and useful, even if I do still miss being able to hop around as a tree in my downtime. It's really fun being able to pop it as a healing cooldown or even as a DPS cooldown on certain fights (alysra burnout, sinestra eggs, etc) or as a sort of mana cd when covering the raid with LB to conserve mana instead of rejuvs.

I still wish we had some damage reduction component. While we’re strong both in tank and raid healing now, for tanks at least we’re very behind in not having any sort of damage reduction. We don’t have an Inspiration reduced damage type talent and no damage reduction type cooldown (such as Hand of Sac or PainSupp). Our healing output is strong and the ToL cooldown is really excellent and fun, it just feels like our only option is always to just heal harder, rather than being able to ever mitigate damage in some way.

I also feel our talent tree is a little bloated still, and talents like Living Seed, Blessing of the Grove, and Nature’s Bounty are all a bit lackluster atm. They’re not hugely strong talents in themselves (tho the unlinking from Efflo was a good change) and taking points in any of them doesn’t feel hugely valuable. The reduced nourish cast of NB is alright, though if primarily spreading Rejuvs just to reduce the cast for nourish spam is wasteful of mana and GCDs. It seems more like a 'good, I'm raid healing, and as I'm doing that I can also go to do a quick top up and LB refresh on my tank with the quick Nourish'; which is useful, but if the goal was to help more direct Nourish use it seems a bit roundabout to try to achieve that.

Nature’s Cure talent I think should be looked at as well - as healers are the only role who can dispel magic off of friendly targets, I think this ability should be granted by choosing the Resto tree (and same for resto/holy for sham/pally) like the priest’s holy and disc specs. It seems a bit of a waste of a talent point for druids pallies and shaman to have to spec to get the magic dispel. While it’s not always necessary, there are several crucial fights where it’s extremely important to pick it up, and even 5man heroics pretty much require dispels.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I think the current healing model for druids is really excellent. We can and should use all our spells, and they’re all valuable. Good druids especially will use all their direct and hot heals and maintain their Harmony proc.

(see above answers, but quick list below:
-Easier LBx3 swaps for quick tank swap situations.
-A damage reduction talent (a la Inspiration) or cooldown (a la hand of sac) would be great.
-Improvement/revamp of lackluster talents Living Seed, BotG, Nature's Bounty.
-Genesis swapped with Nature's Grace in the Balance tree would be a nice change to pick that up, as it's often dropped for mana saving talents.
-Magic dispel part of Resto specialisation (untalented).
-Cosmetic tree of life/treant, perhaps while out of combat only.

Think I use all my spells ^.^
Edited by Derwent on 9/12/2011 12:05 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid

Dedicated pve'er and a casual pvp'er -- so Both.

Heroics, Raids, Heroic Raids -- of all types.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I spend most of my pvp time in random bg's. Fallowed by time spent in arena's. I haven't spent all that much time in rated battlegrounds yet. But I have experienced them.

You are going to see this from a lot of resto druids I imagine. But I really miss being a tree. If Balance druids are owl/chicken/moose creatures, feral is a cat or bear depending on role, when you travel on land you're a cheetah, when you swim you're a walrus thing, but when you heal your just a person. Really.

Also for the love of god update the other druid models. The cat and bear were a great refreshing change -- and done right -- not to little and not to much. Bringing moonkin up to speed along with travel and swim would be fantastic.

Honestly I get the biggest thrill playing druid when I get to utilize abilities from other forms throughout the course of a scripted boss fight. For example when stacking up for seeds on Ragnaros -- dropping into cat form and giving my group a spirit and then popping to my feet to start healing again is dynamic. Or the ability to dropped into travel form while rage face is chasing me around towards a trap makes me different and unique to other classes. It makes it fun to have the alternate option. This pretty much goes for pvp as well. It can be a lot to remember and a pain to set up but once you got it its fun using the full skill set -- and I would like to see that heading in the direction it has been going. Mostly because if you can utilize it you can really become amazing but again at the same time if you don't use it you can still remain effective in your roll. Allows for a separation of skill without a loss of player weight.

The more I become like other classes the less I enjoy the class. I don't want to heal like a holy priest or holy paladin. I don't want to tank like a DK. I don't want a mage rotation. Keep druids as druids and it will be fun. Try to make them into other classes and fun factor goes down.

Tanking was a little iffy in the rotation department. Bear didn't seem or feel aggressive enough to my fingers. Now of course with the tanking change in threat -- and the future big change in tanking in general -- its hard for me to say. When its push any button and all the adds are on you to the end.. then that's what it is.. until the complete change is in.

Now melee DPS in cat has improved so much its silly. It used to be a nightmare to use. Now it just takes a little skill. Which is good for a DPS rotation because it has more then done right "bad !@# damage" and done wrong "why are you here damage". Middle ground lets people learn and improve. Cat didn't have this middle ground until the cata patch. So I have to say bravo here.

Boomkin has evolved a little. But still is pretty much the same. Keep dot's up. Shoot the nuke that gives you powa, use those CDs when they come up, refresh dot's, keep nuking. So I will just go "eh" with this one. Because when I look at it I don't know where it can really go.

I am really happy with how healing worked out. It opened all of my spell book. It makes me pay attention to omen procs.

Well I would love tree form back. <3 Remodel of very dated travel form, swim form, and moonkin forms.

Nourish by far. I think its effectiveness to # of hot's on a target is tuned low. Or it's cast speed is to slow. Or its base healing is tuned to low. But at the end of the day if I need a 2 second heal it is going to be healing touch. If I need a 1.5 second heal it is going to be regrowth.
85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic Raids (10 Mans)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena

-->Shred's Positional Requirement, Losing Combo Points on a target that doesn't live long enough to use a Finisher (Spirit Adds on Majordomo Staghelm fight)

-->The priority system is complex and interesting.

-->Shred's Positional Requirement, Combo Points interactions, Swipe's Energy Cost, Skull Bash's Energy Cost.

-->I love managing my rotation, I hate that if my raid requires a strictly stacking strategy, such as the one we have been using on Heroic Ragnaros (2 Healers, HPally/Disc Priest, Disc Priest has to run to each side of the platform to heal, requiring him to use Fast Expensive Heals, No Replenishment in Raid Comp, Goes OOM too quickly, so we switched to Melee/Tank Stacking strategy) Not only do I have to deal with the normal Parries that other melee classes deal with, I lose the ability Shred, which is not only 36% more Damage, I lose the use of Glyph of Shred, which is HUGE for managing the rotation.

-->The first fix, Glyph of Bleeding Wounds, would allow Ferals that are required to stack in front of their main target, without the option to get to the non-Parry, Shred-range to still extend Rip an extra 6 seconds.
Change Glyph of Shred to:
Glyph of Bleeding Wounds
Prime Glyph
Each time you Shred or Mangle, the duration of your Rip on the target is extended by 2 sec, up to a maximum of 6 sec.

-->The second fix, Claw, would allow Ferals a decent DPE ability that we could use on adds when they join a fight and won't live long enough to use a finisher and would otherwise trash our CPs on our main target. Swipe does great damage, but because it costs 45 energy, it is not viable unless there are 3 targets within its range. ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082250584 )Add in a Minor Glyph, or a Talent Specialization (like Mangle has become):
Increases the damage of Claw (equal to either Shred w/ Mangle and Bleed Debuffs, or just Mangle) but removes its ability to generate Combo Points.

-->The third fix I would like to see would be a change to Swipe. Keep its current DPE, reduce its energy cost to 30-35 and adjust the damage it deals accordingly. For fights like Heroic Ragnaros, where large instant AoE is a necessity, having a AoE that costs so much with a slow rate of energy regen, means without TF or Berserk available, we can only use our AoE once every ~4+ seconds.

-->The fourth fix I would like to see would be to Skull Bash. Having to wear PVP gear to take less of a loss of dps to do a job in PVE is a real PITA. There are many other PVP Glove bonuses we could get, such as Increased range on Skull Bash, Cyclone, Roots, or what have you. Bake the 10-15 Energy reduction into Brutal Impact, our existing Interrupt performance talent. ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973395522 )

-->The fifth fix I would like to see is to Glyph of Berserk. The duration of this ability in PVP is outrageously long, and many complain about it. Therefore, I think it would do wonders for Feral to have a 15 sec/2 min Major CD than a 25 sec/3 min Major CD. Changing the glyph to decrease the duration of cooldown by 1 minute would be a great change.

-->Claw
Edited by Konungr on 9/13/2011 7:33 AM PDT
50 Gnome Priest

PvP

-

Arenas

Inability to find people to play with: Even with multiple gladiator titles, almost no team above 2k wants to play with me as a Moonkin because the specc is doing so bad right now.

Balance druids unable to shift out of roots unless it's with Moonkin Form.

UNABLE TO USE NOGGENFOGGER ELIXIRS, SAVORY DEVIATE DELIGHTS, SEASONAL COSTUMES, ETC. WHILE Shapeshifted.

At the moment, nothing. I've stopped playing my druid recently.

Eclipse and our reliance on it: It may be effective, but when we are talking about fun, there is not a single fun thing about eclipse. I don't choose which spells I cast anymore. I follow a line back and forth and am sometimes forced in PvP to cast spells that are not optimal for the situation, but if I don't cast them, I lose mana/dmg.

The new talent trees: Ghostcrawler argued that the new talent trees offered many different choices with the last few points we have. That couldn't be further from the truth. There are very few choices to be made at all, and absolutely NONE that are "interesting". Being forced to go 31 points deep in to a tree has taken away the creativity of speccs, and the new talents, at least for druids, are not ones that a player thinks about. Any raider/PvPer knows exactly which talents to take. The last few points that are supposed to be "interesting" are trivial. As a balance druid I get to choose from a minor increase to my HoTs, more max. mana, or a reduced mana cost to spells. virtually no resto/balance druid has any business putting any talents into the feral tree unless it's furor.

The changes made to the core design of druids: Unable to shapeshift out of roots, Regrowth being a "flash-heal" that is sub-par by anyone's standards, rejuv lasting 12 seconds, lifebloom only active on one person at a time. We were once the HoT healers, and now I can't even say what druids are. We have HoTs but they are hardly effective and they have certainly lost all of the advantages they had before the expansion.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Eclipse has made my rotation both boring and mindless.

My wish list for my class pertains to the game in general.
Stop balancing PvP based on RBGs so that resto/balance druids can rightfully be compensated.
Make moonkins a viable choice in arena without inflating their damage to the point where we are only brought for our ability to global people.
The return of WotLK druid healing spells when it was actually fun.
At the very least remove the HoT from regrowth or increase the effectiveness of the direct heal.

I use almost every spell I have even the non-damaging feral abilities (Skull bash, bash, sprints, stampedeing roar, etc.). The ones I don't use are feral damaging abilities and Nourish. I can say with great confidence that I have absolutely no use for nourish outside of resto raiding.
Edited by Epotha on 9/12/2011 10:57 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
Resto druid PvE / PvP and Feral Pvp

Mostly PvE, and casual PvP

Raids

Arenas and Bg

New models for the travel form and aquatic form and make travel form more useful (use it indoors, stampeding roar, stuff like that)

What makes playing your class more fun? Healing is very cool, the "rotation" is very well made. And shapeshifting rulez =D

What makes playing your class less fun? Being squish >< resto druids (out of ToL) and cat druids take a lot of dmg

Good

(resto) a tank cooldown. Like, make lifebloom reduces the damage taken by the target by x% for instance. (feral) Maybe a better heal to help with pvp, of the others classes, our heal is the worst.

(resto) Thorns and (feral) Cower
Edited by Nightdrood on 9/12/2011 10:51 AM PDT
-PvP

-All three (casual, around 1500-1700 rating), though I enjoy Rated BGs the most

-Lowering the stealth cooldown after it breaks and reducing the length of DK diseases that prevent restealthing. Frustrating to blow cooldowns to get away and restealth and not be able to because of a near-30 second DoT in PvP. Hunters mark and faerie fire both are intended and specifically pressed to prevent stealthing, so they should have a longer duration.

-Feral PvP is great because you use so many different abilities. I love the challenge of deciding whether to cat for damage, CC, throw some small heals, bear for survival, or nature's grasp+dash to get away. The constant decision making and ability to do different things is what I love!

-In PvP, I think the biggest frustration to me is the strength of CCs and the confusion of DR. Having to keep track of 10 different categories of diminishing returns is damn near impossible. Maybe having a 3 category system (stuns, roots, disabled) and some sort of buff/debuff to show it would be a little more intuitive. Maybe have a 100%/75%/50%/Immune for each category and reset after 15 seconds would be good, not sure.
-Second "less fun" specific to feral would be the slow regen of energy between tiger's fury. Personally I'd find it more engaging to have a smaller burst of energy when activating tiger's fury, but a faster regen in between uses.

-For PvP, I love the feral playstyle. Making decisions on when to pressure, when to burst, and when to CC are great!

-Shifting out of roots again would be nice ;)

-Wild mushroom. I understand it was made for balance, but a reason to use it as feral would be fun, or even with crappy damage the ability to plant them in stealthed cat from would be lots of fun too!
90 Troll Druid
[PvE/PvP/Both] Both.

Raids + Heroics.

BGs and Rated BGs.

1) Make all our mounts instant. Flight-form doesn't make me feel compelled to get achievement mounts, roll/farm rare mounts, etc.
2) More cosmetics like the fire-kitty staff in FL.

Flexibility and mobility. I love that I can stealth regardless of spec. I also love travel and water form.

1) Not having all flying mounts instant.
2) Not having any cosmetic indication of gear except fire-kitty.
3) Not being able to do things that other tanks can like b-res in plate/bear.

It is fine for bear.

1) Wish I could cast b-res and detonate mushrooms in any form.
2) Instant flying mounts of all kinds.
3) More cosmetic things like firekitty.

Cower.
Edited by Trollawlol on 9/12/2011 10:49 AM PDT
87 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics/10m Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Mushrooms is super effective but super annoying to have to do 4 seperate casts hoping your tank doesn't move the mobs from you, and hurricane is very little damage for so much mana that it's pointless to even use it for boomkin, bear tank i don't feel like there are enough "taunt" type spells. i really really miss having tree form all the time instead of every 2 min or so, i tend to not use it as much because i save it for boss fights.

What makes playing your class more fun? the fact that i can be any role in the game

What makes playing your class less fun? my class is very fun just a few little things that aren't

How do you feel about your “rotation”? well for boomkin the rotation is pretty simple, feral dps is a little more difficult to get though

What’s on your wish list for your class? more efficient aoe for balance druids, possibly another interrupt ability, more taunts for bear would be awesome. more/different models for the different shapeshifts would be nice, also maybe making female characters shapeshift forms a little different. I'd like to see more options for colors and markings and things like that for our shapeshifts, even bird form. I'd honestly like to see more customizable looks for every class/race in the game because i feel like i end up looking the exact same as everyone else.

What spells do you use the least? hurricane, typhoon
Edited by Rileÿ on 9/12/2011 10:58 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid

Mostly PVE. I don't log on much outside of raids, except to do the occasional achievement.

Heroic Raiding, for the most part. My guild is a bit behind in terms of progression, but most of our time is definitely focused on Heroic Raiding. I raid as a Feral Tank, though I sometimes go Cat if my guild needs it.

I hardly do any PVP outside of the occasional BG.

Not being able to use costumes. Seriously. I am just unbelievably sick of the Bear Form animations. Leyara's Locket was a step in the right direction, but it's 5 minutes every hour.

I really enjoy tanking, and more specifically, my ability to deal damage as a druid tank. I can shift into Cat Form during periods of downtime to deal more dps, and with Vengeance, my Bear Form damage isn't terrible either.

The feeling that my mitigation is a drop in the bucket. Savage Defense is nice, sure, but when the boss swings are coming in at 100k+, 20k doesn't do you a whole lot of good, especially since it may not be there for every hit. I'm not saying druid tanks are underpowered; our passive mitigation makes up for it. Savage Defense just doesn't feel good.

I actually like the current Bear current rotation. I feel it's a nice mix of keeping up buffs/debuffs, prioritizing abilities, and still provides some small amount of freedom.

I realize I've already said this, but costumes. Maybe it's just me, but I am really fed up with staring at the same model indefinitely. Allowing druids to use costumes in form would be incredibly liberating. If someone really needs to know what form we're in, they can check our buffs or even just look at our resource bar.

My ranged damage spells (Starfire/Moonfire/Wrath) but I don't think this is a bad thing. They're just not spells intended for my spec. It used to be that I didn't use Thorns often, but I've actually looked at the numbers it puts out recently and am using it more and more.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]