Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
I made a post to this thread already, but I failed to fill in the point by point questions, and feel I owe it to the designers to give them more of what they're looking for in terms of feedback to stream-line their decision making process better.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I focus almost exclusively on end content raiding as a feral tank. I hate PvP with a passion, although admittedly I haven't really tried it much since the beginning of Cataclysm. I raid 3 nights a week for 3 hours each with my guild, and occasionally partake of other various PvE enterprises (mostly mount collection).

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I have never in my life entered an arena. The only times I've done any PvP since the beginning of Cataclysm was a few Alterac Valley runs for honor to purchase the mounts (before I could convert my JP to Honor which I bought my last mount by), and a few Tol Barad run to get Tokens to buy that mount.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I've been playing my druid as a tank ever since I reached level 60, 1 week before The Burning Crusade launched and have never played it as anything else seriously. I can't compare it first hand with how other classes tank very well except slightly against a paladin which I've recently raid tanked with a little bit. But as my guilds DK tank has told me his appraisal of how druid and DK tanking varies, and I've seen it this way somewhat as well against my paladin tank, is that I don't feel as in control of my survival as I'd like to, I feel my life hangs more on the healers than on anything I do after I've geared myself up. And let me tell you, while gearing is INFINITELY better now than it was in BC or Wrath, it still drives me crazy to find out that a Best in Slot piece of gear for me has haste on it, simply by virtue of no better alternatives. The main point here, is I'd like more tools to help me control if I live or die, something I can use reactively rather than simply making sure Demoralizing Roar and Pulverize are active at all times. Or simply, just give me more buttons to push that do something useful.

What makes playing your class more fun?

I like one thing in particular that sets druid tanks apart from other tanks. Some of my favorite fights are when there's a long period of time between tank swaps and I can use that time to set up a cat form damage rotation for a bit on the boss. Cho'Gal was the best example of this for me, and also my guild's method of handling heroic Chimearon. I feel like it's the biggest thing that sets me apart from the other tanks, and makes me feel like I'm bringing something no one else can when I have the opportunity to do it. Aside from that, I like what all other tanks like I suppose, being able to make sure creature's are attacking me and no one else, and that said creature's are failing miserably at killing me! Though I'm sure you prefer them not to fail as much as I'd like them to ;p

What makes playing your class less fun?

This might seem petty, but all the way since Burning Crusade I've hated being feral, for the fact that no matter what fantastic gear I've earned, no matter what challenges I've accomplished or what hurdles I've jumped, when I'm playing my character, I look no different than every single other druid fresh from the trainer with their new bear form ability. I want to have SOMETHING, ANYTHING that I can see on my character to tell me and others visually, "Yes, I've done this amazing thing that allows me to look cool like this". Even if it's only 1 new looking form or slight variation per expansion, I'm not even being picky and asking for something new at every raiding tier like everyone else gets! Just something I can get to make me look different while I work my mojo, that makes me look different than someone who's still leveling! The staff that transforms feral cat druids is nice (and I do have it), but it makes me a little sad it only works in combat (although admittedly it might be a little overly ostentatious to run around in all the time), and even more sad that as a bear, I still have nothing similar to call my own.
90 Worgen Druid
How do you feel about your “rotation”?

It's better than ever, but it still feels like it's missing something. The only things I really view as a attacks to use on a boss, are Mangle and Lacerate. Maul is nice, but it feels more like it's just something to augment my auto attack than a special kind of attack I get to do. Pulverize just feels like I'm casting a buff on myself rather than using any kind of attack against something (and I swear it feels like it misses more than anything else which is INCREDIBLY frustrating, especially when it feels like all I'm trying to do is buff myself, not attack something). And swipe and Thrash being AoE attacks feel wrong when I'm reduced to using them on a single target (that is, if I'm trying to increase my damage a little when the boss isn't on me, or I already have Savage Defense on and don't need to use more lacerates for the extra crit chance).

I also feel like WAY too much of the 'rotation' centers around Mangle, it's so much VASTLY more powerful than anything else I can do that everything else just feels paltry, empty, and uninteresting. And I'm not sure if this would still be a problem with the threat changes (I can't recall experiencing it for awhile now) but if it misses frequently, especially at the beginning of combat, it can cause threat issues. The solution seems obvious, level out the power output of my attacks a little better so I don't feel like such a one trick pony.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

MAKE HASTE DO SOMETHING USEFUL! No seriously, this is the last holdout stat that I'm being forced to accept on my gear that is nearly completely worthless to me. You did a great thing with crit, and I understand the designers are 'plotting' to make hit/expertise necessary to all tanks in some way (which is fine too!), but all I've got for haste is some blue post I saw early in the t11 raid phase vaguely mentioning tying the stat to Lacerate in some way. But if you want to make the stat interesting to a druid tank in some way, it MUST tie in to our survival in some way. The reason nobody wants it, is because the only thing it DOES do, is increase our threat by an almost completely useless amount (and maybe gives us more attacks to put up savage defense, but again, it's so small it's worthless).

While I'm talking about stats, it's also extremely bothersome that my best secondary stat (Dodge) cannot be found natively on ANY gear I can get. I accept this somewhat grudgingly only because I know you'd have to concoct some crazy scheme to make dodge increase their damage output exactly like how I'm 'demanding' that you make haste increase my survival somehow; but that's a corner you guys painted yourselves into.
90 Worgen Druid
What spells do you use the least?

I'd have to say Challenging Roar, Feral Charge, and Stampeding Roar are what I use least. Also while going into cat form is extremely rare for me in a raid environment, and when I do threat isn't an issue because I'm not geared or experienced properly to put out large numbers, I'd never use Cower.

Challenging Roar is the most mysterious one on the list, and I think the problem has 3 points to it. First is that it's on a very long cool-down, so finding just the right time to use it when I think it will be most effective is nearly impossible, and so I default to using my regular AoE attacks instead in an attempt to get group threat. Second is just that my standard AoE attacks just seem to serve more purpose: why just get threat on everything, when I can get threat on them AND help the dps get them down a little bit faster too? And third, it just doesn't seem to work! It seems like every time I try using it, more than half the mobs around me just ignore it and go on attacking the squishy dps all around me, which makes it extremely discouraging for an ability with such a long cool-down.

Feral Charge is just a very situational ability, and most of the time I'm already right in the face of a boss. I think I see it having a larger use in PvP. However, I can say, there are few things as satisfying as having a boss or anything else knock you back, or high into the air and clicking feral charge to hear a zooming sound as a bear rockets through the air. I've also found it VERY useful for avoiding fall damage in certain circumstances. Though recently, the only boss encounter I've felt it had any wide use was on Al'Akir when I would have to run far away to avoid tornadoes, and have to duck back in quickly to avoid the high lightning damage. If there were more mechanics like this, Feral Charge might not have seen itself on this list.

For Stampeding Roar, it holds some appeal as a dashing ability, though it's effect of seemingly being useful for a group seems dubious. With it's incredibly short range I can never seem to get more than 1 other person in it if we're frantically trying to run from something, or use it only very infrequently against boss abilities that call for us to rapidly spread out (except maybe against Majordomo). Possibly it's better for other bears, since most of the time I want a dash, but need to stay in bear form I can just use Darkflight, my Worgen ability. But just as frequently if I need to sprint it's a simple matter, and more effective, to just shift into cat form and use Dash. Stampeding Roar seems like and interesting idea, but doesn't seem like anything we really need. I don't know, maybe it's one of those things that has more PvP use again, can't say, I don't do PvP.

Cower I feel is pretty self-explanatory.

P.S. Wow, that was a lot longer than I expected.
85 Worgen Druid
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Mainly Heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
perhaps a bit more customization options for forms

bringing back tree form

that you removed it in the first place

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Know the feral rotations well prob be a good idea to unnerf SR

Bringing back shapeshift tree form
but with enhancements to address the issue of why it was changed in the first place
such as enhancing wrath and making roots instant

soothe hands down
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm 6/7 firelands normal mode 10 man and ive recently got the staff off majordomo that turns cat form into fire cat. Now, this is probably the best thing ive had in wow, ever. But its just not good enough, you cant just turn one form into fire. you need fire bear form, and even fire bird form. Im sure every single bear tank in wow would agree that fire bear form would be insane and it should be brought in with the next patch or something. Please take this under consideration.

Monsian.

:)
90 Troll Druid
also blizz, can we maybe have a dummy that has like 1/2 hp and when we heal it, its hp dosnt get restored also needs to bring us in combat so we can see our HPS on recount :)
98 Tauren Druid
QUAD SPEC

NEW MOONKIN FORM

BEAR RAGE IS PROBLEMATIC - CHANGE THE WAY WE REGENERATE IT - NOT BY JUST DODGING/ CRITS ETC.

INCREASE RANGE OF STAMPEDING ROAR

MORE UTILITY IN ALL SPECS e.g. stampeding roar is good but need more things to do as the rotation for all specs whilst good does get a bit dry eventually.
88 Tauren Shaman
I've recently started raiding on my Feral Combat Druid and have noticed only a few things.

Quality of life could be drastically improved if FFF was taken off the spell hit chance, i don't feel like it's necessary for that to miss, just like a taunt. It's a move that can be used just like sunder armor, but that is hit capable. I'm not aiming to hit cap just to never miss a faerie fire.

Also, energy pools are rather unmanageable. I am often sitting waiting on a Tiger's Fury when having to use swipe at the same time, either in BH or FL on Beth'tilac. A nerf to the damage and also energy cost of swipe would be totally fine, its just not a very utility skill unless your devoting only to swipe, or only to single target. There really is no inbetween for a feral druid.

Moving and damaging is just a straight dps loss to any melee class when changing targets, but your rotation is just unattainable for a feral druid, if your fighting out of your gear range forget doing over 14k dps since you'll get 2 or 3 ticks of rip in before you give up and use swipe on every mob even with just two enemies, and it actually accounts for a dps gain. I'm not complaining about my damage here, i'm just stating that my rotation is unrealistic in situations other than boss fights. Something like the way shadow priests have mind spike/ mind blast would work just fine. A simple easy way to output damage on low health targets in groups of 2 - 3. Or an aoe bleed/rampage effect like the bear form, combat rogue, or arms warrior however not so drastic.
Edited by Airahannu on 9/15/2011 6:01 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
PvE - I got burned trying to be a feral druid in PvP during Burning Crusade and never really looked back.

My guild mostly focuses on Heroics with some raiding, though we lost a lot of folks near the end of Wrath and have had to retool.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I carry two feral PvE specs, one for dps and one for tanking. This leaves me without an option for a PvP spec if I wanted one. I like that I can interact with objects in various forms but it seems almost arbitrary as to which items are and are not usable in-form.

I like the versatility and the utility of my class. As complicated as my rotation/priority system is, I've learned to use it and am proud of that.

I am constantly frustrated with what I cannot do in-form. I understand that there are both PvE and PvP considerations for these restrictions but if I am the only person in a 5-man (or, on rare occasions, in a raid) who can remove curses, I have to leave form to do so. There are various objects in the world that I cannot interact with that, as I mentioned, seem almost arbitrary in their exclusion. I'm glad I can eat in-form but I cannot cook and this also frustrates me. I feel that, since Burning Crusade, I have lost most of my utility. I"m either a cat or a bear. I cannot fit tanking talents into my dps build and must carry two specs to be effective at both. I miss being an optional emergency tank as dps or having the option to heal in a pinch. (As much as I hate to say it, I almost wish the feral gear still had intellect on it because I feel very pigeon-holed by my specs.) If I could have a single viable spec for tanking and dpsing I would be able to use a second spec for PvP or healing - but I can't. Even if that were the case, I'd have to carry three sets of gear as it is impossible (and unfair to my group) to tank well in dps gear. I have to carry two sets of gear, whether crafted, rep-purchased, dropped, tier, etc, gemmed/reforged/enchanted differently for use in the same talent tree. Often I have two of the exact same item that I have to purchase - just for this reason.

I also dislike all my forms of CC. Not only can I not use them in-form, but if I do CC pre-pull (roots, hibernate), I have to drop out of form and, if stealthed, have to wait to re-stealth. Hibernate doesn't affect enough types of targets to be useful as CC and I have to drop out of form to reapply it. Cyclone is too short and roots doesn't work on casters.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's complicated but I'm ok with that since the duration of some of the abilities got lengthened (eg: Mangle). I am not ok with the sheer number of abilities I have to have access to. I have, in general, 11+ keys bound to abilities and I need to be able to reach most/all of them in any given fight. I feel like I have to click too many other abilities because I *NEED* them (eg: interrupts, trinkets, some cooldowns) but I don't have room for them within reach of the default ASDW movement bindings. I have a lot of alts and don't want to have to relearn more new bindings on every character just because my Druid is overloaded with abilities as dps.

This character is my main. I pursue achievements on him. However, I hardly ever use my flying mounts because flight form is instant-cast and more efficient. I'd like for Druids to be able to learn the models of their mounts as flight form - even if we had to visit a trainer to do so and could only change the model infrequently with a lengthy cooldown (on the order of days/weeks). I feel disappointed for having collected 100+ mounts when I hardly use some of them. Being able to change our travel form model to that of land mounts would be nice, too. Being able to break roost/snares without having to waste a cooldown is annoying. Please give us back the ability to shift out of them.

Anything that I cannot use in-form. This includes things like thorns, roots, etc - so all of my CC. Travel form is almost useless other than avoiding death in outdoor dungeons/raids. Teleporting to moonglade is only good for getting to Hyjal "quickly" if my hearthstone is on cooldown and may again become useless in the next expansion. Most of my heals and almost all of my balance abilities are worthless to me as feral, also.
Edited by Dewdrinker on 9/15/2011 6:03 AM PDT
85 Human Mage
i play pvp resto and i'd like some sort of cooldown so that i dont fall over any time a dps looks at me when i dont have tree form popped, its no fun being 100% reliant on your teamates to peel for you the second the other team decides to go for you. Some sort of defensive cooldown would do nicely and would hopefully not impact pve too much (where resto druids are fine) and would help us in pvp (where we're the worst healer in the game, behind ret pallys)
90 Pandaren Shaman

Both

Mostly Heroics and Raids

Bgs, haven't done arenas yet

I really like the way druids are at the moment, I've leveled Feral Bear and I'm feral cat at the moment.

Shapeshifting is a great concept of druids that I enjoy, and that we can do basically anything regardless of spec. (except tanking in boomkin and resto)

The expectation of being a tank if the tank dies. Feral Tranquility isn't that great also.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Feral Druid rotation is probably one of the hardest rotation's I've worked with. It makes our class very unique cause you have to do the work for good dps, but I feel maybe it could be a "tad" bit easier.

Mut. rogues spec into a talent where their finishing move refreshes Slice and Dice. I would really like to see that in the feral druid dps because we're basically just like rogues, except we're cats.

As a feral druid, I barely use any heal except Tranquility. And barely any Moonkin moves.
90 Gnome Priest
I've posted countless threads about balance druids being underpowered in most pvp scenario's, didn't get anywhere so here's the super fast version of the past 8 months.

Needed:
-Better damage mitigation and healing ability. (We get squished fast, targeted first)

-Better crowd control. (We have to cast our entangling roots and cyclone, roots lets target act, and cyclone makes them immune to your dots etc... And it's only 6 second duration, most other casters have crowd control stuns that last 8-9 seconds. Our feral stuns require stealth or rage, and are dodged parried or miss often, oh and it requires shape shifting first, and melee range.

-Attention to arcane spell schools. (there are no arcane crowd control abilitys, therefore when we are casting crowd control, healing, or nature damaging spells and are silenced, the best hardcast we have is starfire, which with full pvp gear is over 2 second cast, not very efficient in pvp combat.

Wanted:

-Recive x% of the damage from Moonfire/Sunfire or insect swarm to heal caster.

-Typhoon (knockback range increased 2-5 yards)

-Increase range of Entangling Roots in balance spec by 5 or 10 yards.

-Make Feral ability's more viable in balance spec(stuns/hit chance/interrupter/GBC of shapeshifting reduced)

-Lunar/Solar power gainer like enrage (3-4 min cd for a measly 20-30 power)

-Improve thorns for balance spec. (The first ability we use is a balance ability called Wrath, which can be improved with multiple talents, but there is nothing in the balance tree for our first trainable and balance ability;Thorns. (Healing effect, damage casters/ranged, increase time between attacks etc..)

-Butt saving cd. (The easiest solution would be allowing us to use cyclone on ourselves with a big cooldown, extremely similar to Iceblock, but due to it's similarity I doubt the idea will make it, but you get my point.)

Bugs:

Typhoon and lunar shower. (Just a reminder as I know Blizzard is aware of the problems in detail, and I don't have the ram to record my game play to prove it myself, better of getting info from another player on these.)

My most recent thread with more detail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3116621717

thanks for listening.
100 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard took away a few things that made being a feral druid nearly imposible in pvp under CERTAIN situations. The ability to shift out of snares/roots was a defining ability for a druid. Now pvp against a mage and your hit! The immunity to fear for 15 sec (ON CD) was taken away as well. almost all classes have an imunity button. not us. we are not immune to anything except poly wich is still situational. I am very very dissapointed with pvp.
100 Worgen Druid
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Mainly PVE, raiding 25 man.

I would like more utility in raids. Currently I feel every other melee class with maybe the exception of enhancement shamans are preferable over cats. Last tier even shamans were more useful due to the heavier reliance on interrupts. I love stampeding roar and it's come in handy in multiple fights but I don't feel it's a game changer.

This one is major and has been brought up already but I must echo it. Please let us transfer combo points from target to target. Keeping points from dead mobs helped slightly, but currently we're just so penalized on hard target swaps due to our long ramp up time it's really a handicap. Even preparing for the swap perfectly you will see your dps plummet. You can try to use those last few points before a mob dies to get off a sub par ferocious bite but then you're left with low energy for your next target. You can spend them on savage roar but most of the time you'll already have savage roar up and so you get diminished returns from it, you're stuck choosing the lesser of two evils.

Some minor issues include flight form not being as responsive as it was during wrath. I used to be able to leave a building and immediately pop into flight form and zoom away, now I get an error message saying I must be outside for what feels like 5 full seconds after I've left said building. It's kinda annoying and defeats the purpose of flight form being instant cast.

I'd like to see some more exciting animations or for my abilities. While I love the cat rotation all my attacks are pretty much indistinguishable from one another from afar. Also seeing some armor on my cat would be cool but I know how tough and time consuming it would be to incorporate it. I like the flamescythe a lot despite the fact I think you guys missed an opportunity to make it even more memorable by having a different color flame kitty for the heroic version. In place of actual gear showing on cats/bears, maybe we could get an equivalent for each tier with it's own unique effect?

When an encounter enables me to use my unique abilities to help the raid, and i'd like to see more of these instances to make cat more viable in a raid setting. I've always felt like I was in direct competition with rogues as a cat and unless I was doing noticeably more damage it's made sense to choose them over me for a long time now.

Being penalized so heavily on target swaps.

I actually love the cat rotation right now. I loved it throughout wrath as well. I didn't enjoy having to change it to take advantage of the T11 4 piece bonus but I got used to that eventually. Please don't dumb it down any further, it's in a pretty good place right now if you ask me. It's tough to learn but once you get the hang of it it's fun as all hell to play. It's non stop action and button presses, you don't have time to think all that much and I love that aspect of it. It has a very unique feel and it's never gonna be the same due to crits affecting your combo point generation.

Armor you can see or at least an equivalent to the flamescythe during each future expansion. A remodeling of the night elf cat/bear form, it's been a while.

Soothe.
88 Night Elf Druid
Fuzzidio - Caelestrasz
What type of content do you focus on?
Both
Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP?
BGs
Im Not Sure if this is a 'Quality of Life' issue, But I Made a Druid Because they were Unique, They Had Forms and their Healing and Tank were dinferent, Now that you removed tree form and made a Talent for every Tanking Class whats the point?
Tree Form
Having a CD on tree Form
Im a Resto Druid, Rotations arnt for me
More Instant Cast Healing Spells (Chim is very hard on a druid)
Nourish and Regrowth
100 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All types

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs, Arenas are not fun, they are too "forced", and RBGs are not easily formed

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Being feral not having to shift out of form to cast something would be nice, we have it for fearie fire and natures grasp.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I love the versatility

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Being rooted constantly, at least make feral immune to roots while dash or roar is up
No fear breaks
Energy starvation
Can't use costumes in forms

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like it

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Play Dead, while it may no longer be needed for threat it still has other uses.
Form costumization or more items like the fire kitty staff.
Use of costume items in forms
Shift breaking roots again
Fear removal and temporary immunity

■What spells do you use the least?
Mushrooms, seriously, for a level 85 ability it is totally worthless for feral.
85 Troll Druid
Well I'm going put in my 2 cents so people can't say I didn't try.
Spec- Balance
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE mostly some pvp

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a
-it's world pvp and not surviving long enough to run away.
-Stop doing bgs once you started gutting what little we had to be useful in group pvp.

- Gives Balance spec back insta roots

- Make it so Balance druids can use all forms to shift out of roots and snares.

-At low levels using a good chunk of our druid spells and different forms to get things done in solo and group work.

-At higher level we can't use different forms and spells outside our spec to get things done in the same way at lower levels.

-Staring at 0 on the eclipse bar after death

-Took away Balance druids intsa roots

-Took away Balance shape-shifting to get out of roots, binding it to our (moonkin only) form which slows us way down while trying to get away. You removed that aspect of the Balance druids that could make us a spell-casting tank so we need that ability to run away and stay away.

-Gut out our starfall spell but didn't get a new strong-as or stronger aoe spell for lunar eclipse to replace it or work with it.

-"Meh" It's ok not bad but not "WOW WOW WEE WOW" I'm one of the odd balls that liked the randomness in Wrath.

-I would love for moonkin form to have more defined forms for each race and different color options.

-Make it so we can tell females from male druid while they are in form

-Make it so those that want perma tree form can have it and not having that option bother people that do not want perma tree.

-Fix Balance druid pvp, lots of post on how to do that around here, and lots of post including this one that tells why it broke in the first place.

-Hurricane...yeah I use moonglade teleport more.
85 Tauren Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both, although I've been shifting towards more PvE as of late, due to a lack of PvP interest.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mostly (normal mode) raids. We haven't touched upon heroic raids as of yet.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All of the above, although as I've said before, I'm on somewhat of a haitus.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Honestly, I can't think of any. Ferals are just about where they should be.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Ferals, as well as druids in general, have immense versatility. We're the only class that can play as any role with the simple change of a spec (as well as gear). RDPS? We have Moonkin. Tank? We have bear form. MDPS? We have cat form. Healing? We have resto. And what makes it even better is that all of these roles can be performed competitively in a raid setting.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

If anything, the fact that no matter what spec you play, there will always be a plethora of abilities you will almost never, if not NEVER use. However, this is pretty much impossible to avoid with just about any class.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation in it's current state for feral is fine (although they don't really have a "rotation", at least in DPS).

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

More emphasis on 'white damage' Compared to ability damage, regular melee swing damage has always felt weak in comparison, and puts a bit too much focus on ability damage, IMO. I'd be perfectly OK with some minor shred/mangle/rake/rip nerfs if it meant getting more white damage.

■What spells do you use the least?

Teleport: Moonglade (almost unneeded with the Hyjal port in Org), just about any damaging spells (unless I'm farming lower-level mobs or can't melee the mobs), claw (which is absolutely useless) and Nourish.
90 Tauren Druid
This is the first toon I made in vanilla. Over the years, I have tried almost every class, and I am continually drawn to Druid.

Powers to the Druids!

--PvE

--I love to raid. My life commitments have pushed me back from this, but, raiding is #1 importance. With that said, druids need to be able to fill multiple roles, and in many cases, different roles though out the raid. Some fights, being dps, some needing to be a tank. It is important that this continues. Druids, DKs, Paladins, Warriors..all need to have these options during a course of a raid. Being pigeon-holed to always using 2 tanks, or 3 tanks is too easy. Having some fights with 1, and others with 4+ tanks is better for the classes listed above.

--I just cannot get into PvP. Too frustrating.

--Being able to maintain competitive DPS/tanking abilities. Obviously, I am feral, and can no longer stand healing..haha
--Quality of life? Tri-spec. I would love to give Boomkin a shot, or use a PvP based build. With just 2 specs, and so many options, I can limit myself due to the pain in the butt it is to change specs, action bars..etc etc

--The complicated rotation of abilities on the kitty side. I loved it the most in WoTLK, and it got a little too easy in Cata. Druid Feral DPS "cycle" is what you should be shooting for in every class.

--I love druids.

--Love it. Complicated, lots to monitor.

--Cyclone to be used in feral Form. The amount of time it lasts vs the time it takes to shift out, cast it, and reform is 50% of the non-DM time. It's a clunky spell for ferals.

--Sleep animals always seems to be immune when needed..hahahaha. Soothe animal is a waste.
--Any feeling where a Feral druid "self healing" is beneficial. Gone are the days when a Feral druid heal carried any weight. By the time and GCD is done, and back into form, the amount of damage done to you is more than when you started. Just not worth it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]