Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Normal/heroic raid progression

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Normal BG's and arenas and occasionaly RBG's.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The removal of shifting out of roots. It was helped a little with dash and stampeding roar breaking them, but they are both on long CD's, and most arena matches don't last long enough to use them more than once. If you could at least make them grant root immunity for their duration.
The lack of a major defensive CD as a boomkin. I don't really want to shift to bear form and blow a Feral CD just to try and stay alive, and since frenzied regen was nerfed it's not enough to save a boomkin from incoming damage.
The long cast times of boomkins in arenas. Now that every single class has an interrupt on a very short CD, our casts are entirely too long to fake cast, and we can usually only get 1-2 off before the interrupt is off CD again, all the while a melee is spamming their abilities doing 3-5 times the damage of our DoTs.
It takes entirely too long to reapply our HoT's in arenas during target swaps, and tree form really should be off the GCD. (I actually feel all forms should be on their own separate GCD like hunter aspects.)

What makes playing your class more fun?
The ability to fill any role I desire. It has made levelling alts difficult for me, as I can do anything on my druid. I really enjoy the playstyle of resto in PvE content, while we lack the burst healing of the other healers, we have HoT's that continue to heal if we get stunned, and I can heal on the move easier than the others classes.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Being completely destroyed as a Boomkin in pvp. They are always targeted first in arenas, and even I target them first now that I arena as feral. They are just entirely too easy to kill with no real way to save themselves or buy them some time for their partner to save them.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I enjoy the rotation of Balance and Feral, they are both unique from other classes and feel like I'm actually doing something.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Permanent Tree of Life form, even if it's just cosmetic with no stat increase. I am a druid, I shapeshift to fill roles. If I wanted to show off my gear I would do it in Orgrimmar where there are more people around to see it, instead of the same 9 other people I raid with every week.
I would also like shifting for ferals to break roots again.

What spells do you use the least?
Teleport: Moonglade.
edit: Cower and Claw
Edited by Zenurcus on 9/15/2011 3:49 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Little bit of everything

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's mainly but have done some of the other 2

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
1) Bear: No ranged silence. We are the only tank in the game that doesn't have one even warriors can setup Heroic throw as a ranged silence.
2) Kitty: Seems to be to heavily punished for making 1 mistake in our rotation.
3) Boomkin: Really sticks out in a crowd and is hard to see around in some instances.
4) Resto: Im not big on healing. I don't like being in a support role. Im a paws on kinda
guy

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The dynamics of the class. Being able to change forms and fill different roles in a pinch

■What makes playing your class less fun?
PVE:
Boomkin: Its kinda boring and those stupid mushrooms. Take them back and give
us back our awesome hurricane and starfall. We have to stack so much haste to become
competitive its a sin. Also Cyclone is way to short when compared to other classes cc
Kitty: It is still fun but most of the encounters are tough of melee especially combo
builders. Also like I said before 1 mistake in a rotation can cost 5-6k drop in dps.
Bear: Getting pelted by a caster on the other side of the room and not able to stop it
without charging over there and leaving the original target.
PVP:
Boomkin: Easily spotted and burned down.
Kitty: Actually this is true for all forms. We are to easily controlled by snares and roots. I
mean warriors have shorter cooldown charge and a jump. Dks have Deathgrip+Chains to
lockdown a would be escapie. Rogues have cloak of shadows, vanish, smokebomb. When
we get snared or rooted we are stuck for the duration and if we used our charge before
getting snared then we have no way to instantly catch back up or negate the roots like the
other melee.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities
are used to maximum efficiency.)
Boomkin: Boring. Its not as bad as others *cough* arcane mage *cough* but I liked it b4
the pong bar you call lunar/solar bar. I liked the Days of Proc. Proccing 1 eclipse right after
another ahh those were the days.
Kitty: I think this is the 3rd time Ive said it in this post but we are heavily penalized for
mistakes. I can understand a penalty but not a 5-6k drop that we cant recover from just
b/c of 1-2 mistakes.
Bear: Good but I would like to see some moves not have a GCD shared with other moves
atleast in pve like Demoralizing roar so it could be macroed into other moves

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Ranged silence for feral, Fire form for all forms or any customization. Loose the stupid
mushrooms. Rework boomkin due to reasons above. Maybe a better savage defense. Faster
energy regen on kitty. Shorter CD on kitty charge. Some counter for roots and snares.
Maybe a debuff on bosses that increase melee damage in range favored encounters.

Oh and a nerfed frost mage or holy pally for me to chew on

■What spells do you use the least?
I dont know I hardly use them but probably Moonglade tele
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] 3v3 and the occasional RBG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For PvE i really have no issues, but for PvP i would really like a form of pain supression or hand of sac. Maybe put barkskin on a longer cd (2 mins) and be able to use it on other players.

I realize some of these ideas would require special indication for PvP reasons.

What makes playing your class more fun? The versatility
What makes playing your class less fun? Lack of defensive cooldowns in PvP
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) All that i really use as of now are boomkin and resto, they arre both fine with me
What’s on your wish list for your class? A defensive cooldown (Pain Supression)
What spells do you use the least? Cower, Teleport: Moonglade,
85 Night Elf Druid
1.What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I do both, but PVE is where I spend 99.99% of my time.

2.If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic 10 man raiding

3.If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs and arenas occasionally

4.What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
a. Shred's positional requirement isn't so much a pain now due to the bosses having a larger backside radius (you know what I mean), but for certain fights it's next to impossible to do so consistently, or at all. I do understand that not all fights cater to all classes and specs, but I'm still throwing it out there because.
b. Fury Swipes... either I'm imagining things, or a passive ability uses energy that is usually needed for something important like a Skull Bash, or a refresh of a Rip or Rake.. or Mangle.. etc. My point is that I don't believe it should cost energy or rage(if it does.. and I'm pretty sure it does).
c. In fights that require target swapping, combo point management is a nightmare. If there was a way to transfer CP from mob to mob (like Rogues do I believe), that would be great. Just being able to Savage Roar after something dies isn't quite enough.
d. Feral Faerie Fire being on the spell hit table really sucks. I hate wasting GCDs

5.What makes playing your class more fun?
The utility that a feral druid brings to a raid. It's pretty rewarding to be able to help out in a pinch with a (nearly useless) Innervate, or help top the raid off with a Tranquility, and of course the battle rez. Stampeding Roar is something that I have come to love and use quite often, it's come in handy more than a few times. Oh, and Feral charge because it just looks cool. The mobility I have is amazing, and I probably take it for granted.

6.What makes playing your class less fun?
a. Target swapping and losing combo points. If there were a way to transfer them to another target, that would be great.
b. Losing energy to a passive ability (Fury Swipes), and not being able to interrupt something (caster dudes on Alysrazor).

7.How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The current rotation isn't so bad. I liked how it was back in Wrath even better though. I understand that it was simplified (for what reasons I won't speculate on), and in doing so you took the challenge away from it. You didn't see many Feral Druids back in Wrath because the rotation was deemed "too hard" for many. The difference between a good and bad kitty was very noticeable. Now in Cataclysm the rotation isn't as demanding because it's not dependent on Savage Roar nearly as much as it was. For once, simplification is bad in my opinion.

8.What’s on your wish list for your class?
a. A version of the Fandral's Flamescythe (which won't drop for me by the way) for every tier hereafter. Since Feral Druids generally are never out of form, the only way that anyone can tell what sort of progression your character has is by inspecting them. All other classes have their tier gear. The Flamescythe is a step in the right direction I believe. Just at a glance now, others can immmediately distinguish you from a level 30 Druid just at a glance. If that's not in the plans.. at least make our tier sets less hideous. The T12 helm is horrifyingly ugly.
b. A legendary staff/polearm (Classes: Druid/Hunter). Just give it a shapeshifting proc like Fandral's and Deathbringer's Will have. Along with something else...

9.What spells do you use the least? Soothe, Claw, Hibernate
87 Night Elf Death Knight
I don't play my druid very much anymore, so I'm not comfortable answering a lot of the questions.

Please take my feedback with a grain of salt- it is from the perspective of a very casual bear/cat. I do not have deep enough understanding of the class to really feel comfortable talking about major rotation/function changes.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics, raids, a lot of questing (working on Seeker and Loremaster). My druid is my old-content character because of her high mobility.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Battlegrounds if anything.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I often feel like a "gimped" tank in raid content, as I have very little raid utility. It's hard on a fight that doesn't require tank swapping to battle rez or innervate, tranquility, and Thorns (now sort of moot that threat doesn't matter) has seemed odd ever since Cata release, since it seems like it should be a tank ability... that we can't use.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Shapeshifting. Passive movement speed in cat.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• No ranged silence for bear tanks STILL makes gathering and positioning mobs a pain in the !@#.

Not seeing changes to the character that reflect level and gearing.

Brief target swaps in cat (totem stomping in ZA/ZG, for example) are VERY punishing and discouraging. It prompts players to NOT swap for a mechanic that requires swapping.

Pulverize consuming Lacerate feels "punishing." Having to reapply all 3 stacks of Lacerate after Pulverizing sucks.

I find, when I am tanking, that I "hate" using Pulverize, even though it is a threat increase (unnecessary in light of the threat changes) and a minor mitigation increase (higher crit giving a higher chance of a SD proc).

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Cat rotation is very punishing, yet rewarding. I have no real complaints. I am terrible at the rotation, but that is only due to a lack of effort and practice, as I tank more frequently.

Bear rotation is a bit boring.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• /roar to make an ANIMAL roar while in cat or bear form, not some silly Night Elf "WAAAAAYAAAAAAAA." Just tie it to one of the already existing bear and cat roar sounds.

Also, /growl and /snarl would be fantastic.

Shapeshift forms become larger/more 'detailed' (more tribal jewelry, armbands, collar, tailband, markings, etc.) as average item level/ character level increases.

A raid protection cooldown for bears that doesn't require me to not be tanking.

A ranged silence. EVERY other tank, has at least one. I have been begging for this since WotLK.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Anything in the balance spellbook. No, I'm wrong.

Claw.

Cower, Maim.
Edited by Jokaras on 9/22/2011 9:16 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
1.What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

2.If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic 25m content

3.If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I BG occasionally but not enough to complain/boast about my class doing so.

4.What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I play a Resto druid, and to be honest its a fairly simple class to play. Same goes for the bit of boomkin that I have dabbled with while questing.

5.What makes playing your class more fun?

Druid's can do everything (tank, heal, and both melee and ranged dps).

6.What makes playing your class less fun?

The simplicity of the classes. IE boomkins spamming 2 abilities and keeping dots up. Resto druids spamming WG keeping LB up and rejuving when your mana allows u to.

7.How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I absolutely hate keeping LB up. Obviously I do it because without it u lose regen and its heals for a ton if its keep up for the whole fight, but its obnoxious when your in an intense AoE healing moment (last phase of heroic beth) and u notice people are slowing passing you in throughput because LB fell off the tank and now you need to use 3 globals CD's to bring it back up.

8.What’s on your wish list for your class?

Druids heals in a raid environment are great, because u have other healers to keep people up as well to give your hots time to start rolling. This is not the case in 5m heroics however. Druids are HoT healing and when multiple people are taking damage in a 5m and lacking effective/mana efficient direct heals is an issue being the only healer in a 5m. I think that druids just need to either A. have a stronger Nourish ability so direct heals aren't an issue or B. Make our current direct heals cost less mana so we arnt oom after every pull in a 5m.

9.What spells do you use the least?

Soothe, Hibernate, travel form (no point now that we get mounts at level 20).
85 Night Elf Druid
The cat rotation does not have the consistent energy needed i always find my self with low energy at the wrong time waiting for it to go back up. Berserk is good it allows a good damage output if used wisely, but the normal damage does match other classes in the long run because the druid does good damage in the beginning as burst damage, but after you use most of your energy you damage slows and you can be killed. This is looking at pvp but pve has the same problem with the energy to damage in my oppinion
85 Troll Druid

Both

Casual raids

Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

when im in cat form or bear form i cant see my armor and the lack of separate customization of the different forms

stealth i love using stealth and the big damage burst ferals can get

Energy regeneration speed i sometimes feel it too slow and you end up without energy to continue spamming abilities and reducing dps

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
the rotation is fine i like it and is very dynamic

something like a talent or a proc or a % chance to generate energy faster,separate customization for all forms

What spells do you use the least? Teleport:Moonglade
85 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

25M HM Raids

N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I really wish Tree of Life form was a permanent form again. Druids are designed around shifting into different forms based on their specialties and the lack of a shifting form for Restoration druids, outside of a 3 minute cooldown, feels hypocritical to the class and specialization. Also, in terms of shifting forms, I feel like the color and customization options of Cat, Moonkin, Bear and Tree form is extremely lacking and does not provide as much personalization for the player, for example, as a mage in his visible gear.

I like the utility of the class overall. I like the ability to switch roles without changing too many gear changes, i.e. Restoration to Boomkin and Feral Cat to Feral Tank. The output levels of Boomkin and Restoration specializations are at a very good level at the moment and both are very entertaining and rewarding to play.

The Feral specialization is still weak, in my opinion, and needs more PvE focus. The fact that Restoration druids have such little mitigation utility really limits our usefulness in heavy damage fights outside of output, which does not always always translate into success. Our mastery, as a Restoration druid, encourages the upkeep of single target heals which are not always necessary and the overall application of the mastery makes healing less dynamic in my opinion as it just adds more output to a crying-for-mitigation specialization.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I do not like how Lifebloom is still a 3-stack application. While I appreciate the usefulness of a 3-stack bloom every once-in-a-while, the entire process of stacking lifebloom while upkeeping the spell is very irritating and makes healing less enjoyable. The fact that the overall tick provides just a buffer for relatively minor amounts also makes the spell have little purpose outside of mana-regen. It also creates problems with proc'ing CD's such as power torrent and trinket CD's, of which I'd like them to be more controlled and possibly attached to single target heals. Our single target spells seem very underwhelming relative to other healers, while our spread healing, outside of Wild Growth seems relatively slow. Again, this all boils down to high output with very little mitigation utility. Because of the complaints about meters, I have a feeling that Restoration specialization might be nerfed on an output level, when in reality, having no raid mitigation makes our rotation twice as stressful.

More raid wide mitigation or a slight buff to output, outside of 3 min CD's, for Restoration druids. Higher damage output for feral Cat in PvE and more tank utility for Bear. Boomkin seems fairly balanced.

Teleport: Moonglade and Thorns
100 Night Elf Druid
I am a feral Tank

Primarily PVE, but only because I do not like how PVP is.

I do whatever I can. I like heroic raids, but stick to mainly not. I do heroic 5-mans. Pug frequently of every thing I can.

I've dabbled into Arena. I quit at season 3. I used to love world PVP, but it doesn't happen any more. I do BG's frequently enough to keep my honor PvP gear current.

I love playing third person view, while raiding I pull back all the way. There are so many clipping issues with the camera in bear that it's hard to see. Most of the time the mobs that I am tanking when against a wall, or something of similar nature. (you see the feet of the mob, nothing else)

Some abilities will target the next harmable creature, and put you into combat. (like for aoe tanking), some will say invalid target, and do nothing at all.

The resources needed for Swipe used to be readily available. (enrage, or furor) Now you have such a small window to do that (ie you can't change into bear and swipe, you have to attack something (right away; or risk losing enough rage), get some rage, then swipe)

Soloing (old) raid bosses, versatility, jack of all, master of none. Battle ressing while tanking, knowing when where and how. Doing the clutch tranquility when permitted. Chain pulling. Basically all the things that should be done wrong, are catastrophes; but when done right, make simply amazing things happen. Solo tanking things that should be two tanked. Shadowmeld. Stealth runs. Hit and run PvP.

The constant change of "vision". (not so much numbers, just abilities) We used to tank and cat ok. We used to be able to heal up to full (on one mana bar, without eating). We used to not be rooted. We used to soak damage, but not have cooldowns (unique tank style). Combo points in bear form (lacerate). Inability to do any thing effective in PvP without a custom ui.

I do not like the cat rotation at all. I refuse to play with Cat tracking addons, and short of that it's nigh impossible to keep everything that needs to be active, active.

Bear rotation is meh. I do not understand the need for a cooldown on Swipe. So much time spent rage starved on trash.

The only thing I wish for is to have Atiesh. (Kara port and all)
Nice to have: fire bear form. (incindibeary device)

What spells do you use the least? (While Feral)
Soothe, Cower
Most resto abilities (I use rejuv, lifebloom and tranquility)
Most balance abilities (I use moonfire infreqently)
85 Night Elf Druid

Strictly PvP as Balance Druid

I do all types of PvP

Prehoting doesn't seem to be as helpful as it should be. The mobility is an issue. I liked the way the mobility felt in Wotlk.

I absloutely love being able to shift into different forms. Being able to get out of sticky situations is really fun. Moonfire spam is awesome. Typhoon is one of my favorite spells, however I wish it pushed farther back.

I think the mushrooms are difficult to use while melee are all over me, so most of the time I don't even mess with them.
It is difficult to get out of situations when I get melee on me.
It is frustrating to me how Barkskin and Thorns don't seem to work that well. Also when I hit Natures Grasp and a melee stuns me it is pointless cause they are right next to me now.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I don't have any problems with my rotation, I like the balance bar.

I really would like to see Typhoon have farther push back comparable to Ele Shamans' Thunderstorm.
Barkskin should give temporary immunity to all spell effects, because it will improve Barkskin as a survivability cooldown.
Give mushroom explosion a pushback.
A big wish for a new spell that would grow a tree on a targeted location which could be used as a barrier to create LoS during battle.

#1 Mushrooms
3 days ago

Reply Quote
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids and Heroics

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs and RBGs

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Carrying around Mana Foods, but that's not really Druid Centric so much as healer centric. Though, my druid has herbalism, and it'd be nice to use the Living Seeds in PvP to help slim down the number I have saved up.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
Doing things on the move that other classes aren't able to. I also enjoy using abilities from other forms, but there's a lot that I can't use well, or simply aren't applicable for what I'm fighting.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to stand still to cast heals. No preventative damage mitigators. CC's lasting 30s is annoying, not to mention they usually can't be cast on most targets.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's not complicated, which I suppose is good and bad. I wouldn't mind some more challenging things.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
Have all my heals be cast while moving. A bit more complexity with heals, and be a bit more HoT oriented (Regrowth used to be HoT oriented, for example.)

* What spells do you use the least?
Thorns probably. For 6k mana it's a very situational sort of thing, and it's to the extent that it's on my bars, but I'd have to spend time looking for it. The same goes for hibernate I suppose. If I take out PvP things, then it's Entangling Roots, Barkskin, Cyclone, Hurricane, and Roots. I almost never use all these spells in PvE.
80 Gnome Warlock
PVE (moonkin), playing a big chicken in PVP is painful.

Heroics and Raids

I love that there is a Troll druid, I hate that Blizzard decided to take a Nightelf moonkin from and color him brown (the give away is the ears). As a moonkin we do not benefit from transmoging unless we want to stand in front of the AH all day. As a solution we could be in "caster" gear when not in eclipse state, then when we enter solar we could turn in to a rooster for example or something that symbolizes the sun, and vise versa for lunar eclipse.

Teleport Moonglade- is utterly useless now.

Solar Beam- is a good interrupt ,but does not do what the spell says in PVE like it should, if not it should have a short cooldown in PVE

Soothe- ??? really?

There is no other caster class that is close to a moonkin, they are the most unique class in the game. There is also a great utility with healing, battle rez, and MOTW.

Having no appealing features as a chicken that i’m proud of.

I love the rotation and the new eclipse meter! there is nothing wrong with it.

Being able to see my armor that I worked hard to get in battle.

Soothe and Teleport: Moonglade
85 Troll Druid
PvP

Heroics for enchant mats

In order of priority, RBGs, Arenas, BGs

I have no QoL complaints.

Forms. Living life as a cat is cool. Instant cast flying rocks.

1.) It's frustrating to know that you have an ability, but it's not practical to use it when it's needed because it's only available while not in your necessary form.
2.) I hate being able to shift out of my current form while stunned, but not into my target form. I can't tell you how many times I've been carrying a flag, and gone to shift out of a slow only to realize that I'm stunned and I've been shifted out of cat or bear form and I'm stuck out of form, completely defenseless, because the action I initiated only worked half way. If you let me shift out of a form, let me shift into the next one. If you don't let me shift into my target form, don't let me shift out of the one I was in. That's infinitely infuriating.

I play feral. My rotations are fine.

1.) I want to be able to shift out of snares again. Taking this away from ferals just because they're feral makes no sense. If casters can shift out to get away, ferals should be able to shift out to close the gap.
2.) I'd like to be able to use more abilities in form without having to shift out. Thorns, for example, is completely useless because when it's needed, I can't risk being caught out of form, and when I can be out of form, it's not needed. Quite the paradox...

I don't use spells with cast times with the occasional exception of when my instant heal/cyclone/roots cast hasn't proc'd.
1 Night Elf Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Normal Raids

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Mobility, loving Stamp. Roar and Dash.

■What makes playing your class more fun? The sheer damage output.

■What makes playing your class less fun? Running out of energy without TF on CD.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Maybe a little faster energy regen, other then that, I love it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? Armor shown in cat/bear form

■What spells do you use the least? Thorns, any Balance spells

Close
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Mostly PvP in boomkin use to PVE but got bored of it.

I do BGs mostly.

I think Balance druids really dont have that much surviabilty, when it comes to facing Subelty rouges or any types of priest or pallys. I love playing Balance but when it comes to attacking I have to constantly spam moonfire, or try to heal my self out of moonkin form when im getting attack. All I really want is to see Balance druids do better in pvp when it comes to surviabilty and when it comes to certain classes that we cant seem to kill. And I think all balance druids would really love to have Instant cast entangling roots. That helps Alot.

I just love my Druid, been my main ever since WOTLK.

Not having any stuns in balance form, rather in fearl bear you have bash, skullbash, and cat form you have Maim and Pounced. Not able to heal in moonkin form when u have to shapelift back normal form to heal.

Rotation is easy, not to worry about that.

1. Entangling roots instant cast
2. To be able to heal in moonkin form
3. Better Surviabilty in moonkin form
4. I would like to have Wild Mushroom to be place on the enemy target, rather then having it on the ground looking like an AOE. It would be cool if Wild Mushroom was a stun abilty.
5. Increased the ammount of the Trents Health.

■What spells do you use the least
I never use Nourish or Soothe
85 Night Elf Druid

PvE

Heroics, Raids

I do the quests to level up and get enchants mostly and some dailies while i wait for heroics

I don't do PvP

I feel you do a pretty good job in this area as I can't think of anything until you come up with it then i say "HEY! thats a great Idea!"

The different forms and the idea that Druids can do a little bit of everything

I've played less on my druid since Cata because of the changes made. Although they were good changes, having to re-learn how the class works has not been fun. That is the reason why i may not level my druid to 85

I have no issues with the rotation

Permanent Tree form Back! I loved the fact that every spec had a form you would change to for that specific Talent Tree. When they took away the permanent tree form i was mad. I do like the change that Tree Form gives a good boost to healing which is helpful for tough fights and saving the group but loosing tree form permanently was a HUGE dissapointment

Any of the bear/cat specific abilities as i never use that spec or form and probably Teleport: Moonglade
90 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Currently my main
focus is cat DPS in a 10-man normal raids. My offspec is a bear/cat
hybrid, allowing me to tank 5-mans and older raids.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The need to pool 25
energy for Skull Bash (Cat) is a pretty substantial hit to my dps; it's
the only time I really experience "downtime" while DPSing. When I play
other classes, I don't ever feel like I need to abstain from DPS quite
as much as I do for a feral.

What makes playing your class more fun? Fights where non-feral
druid spells are needed. As an add tank for phase 1 of the Nefarian
fight, I get to wrangle the skeletons into place with just about every
instant-cast ranged spell I have, and then, without missing a beat, I'm
merrily dpsing away on Nef. That's fun -- I don't experience that same
degree of flexibility when playing as other classes. I like these sorts
of encounters that demand more from dpsers. I like casting the spells
that help others - Hibernate, Soothe, Tranquility, Rebirth, even the
occasional heals here and there can make the difference between a boss
kill and a wipe.

Also, I love fights with lots of trash adds. Berserk + Swipe makes me
happy. :3

What makes playing your class less fun? Not having the only
battle rez any more ;)

Seriously, though: the most annoying enemies in the PvE game for me are
the initiates in the Alysrazor fight that cast Fieroblast. Between
interrupting and combo points, these enemies are dead by the time I can
deal my optimal dps. The initiates have too much HP to burst down
effectively with mangle/bite, but too little HP for a full
Mangle/Rake/Rip application to feel like it was worth the effort.

Another peeve is caster mobs that hover out of reach, like the ones at
the end of Vortex Pinnacle and the tiki masks in the archaeology area of
Zul'Gurub. I can't hit the tiki masks effectively with feral attacks
unless I Berserk + Swipe off the get-go, but that results in a dead cat;
my Hurricane should be renamed Light Springtime Breeze.

How do you feel about your "rotation"? I really really really
like the feral DPS rotation. It is fluid, dynamic, and there's a lot of
variability in when you "can" do something versus when you "should" do
something. Ferocious Bite is a great way to keep the rotation feeling
fun and bursty: there was a brief time where FB wasn't as beneficial to
DPS as other options, but that time is thankfully past us.

As for bears, I like the variability we have been given in Cataclysm.
Thrash and Pulverize do a lot to make it more fun and interesting.
Swipe spam is dead, long live Swipe + Thrash. It "feels" right. I like
that it's not like a warrior or a DK rotation: it's nice to not have to
worry about survivability on a second-to-second basis like other classes
do. The only downside is that, right now, we can't directly contribute
to our own survivability as, say, Death Strike does for Blood DKs -- all
we can do is hit more and hope we crit.

What's on your wish list for your class? I really really liked
the "look" modifications we've gotten over the past couple years -- new
skins in 3.2 of course, and Fandral's Flamescythe. I would love to see
additional appearance modifications in the future. Resto druids can get
Glyph of the Treant; it would be awesome for bears and cats to get
appearance glyphs for their forms as well. Maybe the glyph could be
offered along with an achievement for killing a boss, or perhaps it
could be a 1-time use effect from a feral-friendly weapon like the
Flamescythe. Once we have learned the glyph, we could use it (like any
minor glyph) at any point afterwards. I think that would be a fun way
to incorporate a stylistic change that would still require us to put
forth some measure of effort.

I would also like to see Skull Bash get a bit cheaper, but I'm not
holding my breath for that.

What spells do you use the least? Mangle's little brother, Claw.
If I had answered last expansion I would have said Soothe, but I'm glad
it has more of a purpose now :)
85 Night Elf Druid

PvE with a PvP generally being a time-filler when VP-maxed and raid-locked (or, raids are cancelled for some reason).

Heroics for gear, then “casual” raids. Meaning, I rarely find myself attempting hard modes.

Almost always just random BGs and occasional arenas. I have yet to try a rated BG due to not being geared enough to getting an invite to most groups.

As a resto druid, my biggest complaint is trying to decide when to switch into tree form is often difficult to gauge, since it so greatly changes my healing rotation and priorities (and I tend to quickly go out of mana, arguably due to my inexperience with the new mechanic). I often find that I simply ignore tree form and find I can complete most content I’ve attempted without even glancing at it (the only one I felt it was actually necessary was Baleroc, the Gatekeeper at the start so I could spam regrowth and get Vital Sparks stack count up as quick as possible).

Instead, I’d rather have its use feel more “fluid” and use it more often. Meaning, instead of it being a CD that radically changes our healing rotations and priorities, making it more difficult when to decide to use it out of fear of going out of mana quickly, have it do something else.

For example, it could:

1. Be a CD still but instead just provide a fairly massive bonus to our HOTs (akin to our Harmony buff) for a period of time, but everything else is the same. In other words, something we activate when large raid damage is expected, similar to what it is now, but instead toss rejuv/lifeblooms around while spamming wild growth.
2. Be a (shorter) CD still but instead allow us to cast Healing Touch, Regrowth, Nourish, etc while moving, and keeping everything else the same. In other words, allow us to better spam direct heals in times of panic while re-positioning or running around (such as tornados on Alysrazor), though I don’t know any other healer has a similar ability so it may be overpowered.
3. Be a CD still but instead be an aura that increases healing to all targets within range by 10% or something, allowing other healers to benefit from it, too. Might have to give something similar to another healing class to avoid it being a requirement to have a resto druid in raids.
4. Be a CD still but do something more radical like having it root us in place for the duration (or until cancelled by moving, and regaining it when stopped for at least 3 seconds or something, allowing it to be more fluid again), and then also add some other benefit to staying in one spot (I’d suggest buffing direct heals, while perhaps nerfing HOTs, giving us utility to replace a holy pally for tank healing in situations where we don’t have to move often).
5. Revert to being a permanent form (as a Druid, I knew going into it that my gear wouldn’t be visible, and I’m okay with that!), and instead provide advantages and disadvantages making its use be fight based (not necessarily mid-fight based). For example, buff HOTs only while in Tree Form again, but nerf (not prevent) direct heals, so we want to be in Tree for raid healing duties, but not in tank spam duties (or vice versa, see #4—could make that concept permanently passive).

I guess the point is that I want Tree of Life to feel more natural, rather than a stark change in play mid-fight. I personally like the idea that it can be permanently enabled, but it will only shift us when we remain stationary for x amount of time (or some other mechanic that does not require us hitting the Tree button). Continuing the thought: after we shift, it can either be that we are allowed to move in tree form for a period of time while retaining our Tree buff but continuing to move will shift us out, or any movement will shift us out, depending on balancing. I’d like to see it used to give us the ability to change our focus from raid healing to tank healing, but not so overpowered we can necessarily do both at the drop of a hat (ie, it takes us sometime to shift back into tree so we can heal a tank more efficiently, or it takes us sometime to revert out of it so we can effectively raid heal, or a have a shifting cooldown, etc). What I’m going for is, from an RP perspective, that we can root ourselves to the ground and draw on its energy to heal more efficiently, if allowed to, but moving breaks our roots so we shift out of tree form.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]