Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Soloing, heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Setting up mushrooms - just make the one aoe area with the three mushrooms maybe, or only needing one mushroom.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Shapeshifting is fun, and I love the boomchicken.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Anything feral is absolutely useless for Balance, and there's not much in the way of an interesting Balance rotation

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
There's not much to say about Balance rotation. It's very by-the-numbers, and gets a bit boring.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Anything feral seems pointless for a balance druid. At least with other classes, there is still some use for spells that aren't a part of their main tree. No idea how integrating them more would work, but it's just something I think about.

I love the other comments about more customisation for our fluffy forms (or trees - and although I'm no longer resto, I also miss tree being a perma form!)

Make mushrooms one aoe spell, rather than setting up three different mushrooms, then detonating, then doing it all over again.

What spells do you use the least?
Hurricane
Thorns
Pretty much everything feral (levelled as feral till about 40ish - only use kitty now when I'm dashing back to my body at the other end of the instance)
Balance / Resto
I play both specs equally, and only prefer one or the other based on my mood.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
All PvE over here.

Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub PuGs, mostly, but with Cataclysm heroics thrown in if I'm helping guildies get gear or whatever they need.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Not being able to do a few actions (crafting professions, using certain items, etc.) while shapeshifted. I can understand some of the reasoning behind it, but that doesn't mean I like it. Having an option to use Wild Mushroom (and to a lesser extent, Hurricane) wherever the pointer is, without needing to left-click (or use hardware macros, which isn't to say that I do use them OHGODToS) would be nice as a toggle.

Balance: I love the versatility in damage of the spec and how engaging it is for me to play. Having a multitude of decent -depending on eclipses– AoE options is a godsend much of the time. Pre-mushrooming, throwing DoTs on everything (fake AoE, but still incredibly nice damage), using Starfall when I can, and throwing Typhoons around when they're worthwhile all add up to an enjoyable experience for the group on trash groups with a strong AoE emphasis. Add in glyphed Solar Beam for trivializing casters, and it's just all gravy.

In addition, single-target DPS and overall damage is still competitive (barring having to move a whole lot with no time to hardcast), especially if I can line up your eclipses with Starfall in the basic "DoTs + Starsurge + Wrath/Starfire + Starfall" rotation.

Resto: Much of my enjoyment as a healer comes from the ability to heal everyone in the group (again, 5-man instances) without feeling overextended. Having Lifebloom always rolling on the tank gives me a bit of leeway to focus on other people that need healing. Wild growth is nice to get a little stabilization while I throw Rejuvenations around, or as a quick top-off from an AoE mob attack. Efflorescence is a marvelous piece of work, especially with melee-heavy groups, and although it can be rough getting PuGs to actually use them, that isn't a problem with the ability so I won't address it further.

In addition, I'm very happy with the way Mastery is working for me. Sometimes it doesn't feel like a buff when I have Harmony up so much as a debuff when I don't, but I don't see anything wrong with that, personally.

Balance: Taking a huge damage-dealing hit when needing to move (especially out of eclipse) can be a bummer, but I can accept that as part of the limitations of the spec, and everything else feels right enough to balance it out.

Resto: Not a whole lot to say here.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Balance: I really enjoy the balance rotation, especially the thought that needs to be put into spellcasts as I'm nearing/leaving an eclipse.

Resto: I'm very glad that Resto feels very situational, with a small number of tools that can be used in a large number of ways.

As someone who loves the new Tree model, some sort of permanent shapeshift for Resto. If the Tree of Life form was made smaller (moonkin size?) and the spell buffs were made into their own cooldown, I would be a very happy druid. Maybe have the Tree get to the size it is now and sprout extra leaves or something to make the change visible to other players.

Balance: At the moment, Typhoon, but that's just because I'm playing around with putting the point somewhere else in my trees. Excepting that, Faerie Fire.
85 Night Elf Druid
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Mostly focused on PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids are the main focus with some Heroics

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• I do occasional large scale PvP such as Tol Barad

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Using our Shapeshift ability drops the majority of fun transformation buffs. An exception to this seems to be the locket from the firelands quest chain. Having other things such as the noggenfogger elixer work like that would be nice.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• As a resto Druid I enjoy the mobility the class has. The capabilty to heal while running from enemy attacks gives us a distinct advantage in many fights that take place in the larger areas that many boss fights have.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• It can be frustrating to see that the majority of my heals end up being overheals. This is more from a human error than a design flaw. The more direct heals of other players tend to snipe the heals that I intend for my hots to fix.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I think that adjusting the timing on the harmony buff to match the cd on swiftmend may be benificial. With only 10 seconds on the buff that increases our healing by as much as it does I feel we force ourselves to intterupt our usual healing style of various intants to ensure it remains up. The size of the number difference makes it feel like a punishment if we don't remember to refresh it constantly and sometimes we would eer on the side of overusage of direct spells.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• For resto druids I would like to see a protective shield spell for other that ties in with our specs attunment to the tree of life. I could also see a second Glyph for Rebirth. The Glyph could make Rebirth and instant cast spell. Making it so you could only use that Glyph or the one to bring a target back at full health would be needed though. Using both at the same time could be overpowering in situations.
    For druids overall I could picture an area slow. Something that places an area of thorns that slows the enemy targets that walk through it and places a small bleed effect on them.
    Feral Bears could use two things. One is a ranged silence that can help in the positioning of mobs. The other is a way to break fear spells. I realize it was taken out of beserk for PvP reasons but maybe putting it back in with the limitation that you must be in bear form for it to break fears and not adding the fear immunity that came afterword would help. It becomes frustrating to be the only tank that has to rely on another class to break a fear for them.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Healing Touch isn't a spell I use often. The mana cost makes it to inefficent to use unless it is attached to an Omen of Clarity proc. I do have use it with the Nature's Swiftness spell for a quick panic heal but beyond that i don't see much use. I could see linking it directly into Nature's Swiftness and making it even stronger of a heal. It would be similar to a paladins Lay on Hands spell. This would give us the tank emergency cooldown that we've been hoping for.
    7 Blood Elf Hunter
    Love my tree both pvp n raids would be nice if u get realm pugs going also maybe set higher I lvls for pugs so geared people can enjoy them and not carry other players
    Boom kin dps is a bit convoluted can't we just kill stuff without taking a math major on values of procs in eclipses
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Type of content- With this toon, I mostly heal for 5-mans and the occasional 10-man raid. I solo-quest and farm as feral. I have not attempted any PvP with this toon since BC.

Quality of Life- I feel pretty good overall. The one thing that occasional pops up is that I haven't glyphed Rebirth in my feral spec, and I didn’t want to waste a slot in my bags for such an infrequent use. I'm ok with reagents for some things, like mage table, since its easy to pop in/out of the dungeon and buy more, but I feel that anything used in combat shouldn't have such a requirement (this goes for other classes too, I haven’t played my warlock since Wrath so I don't know if they still need figurines). If anything, the glyphs to remove the reagent exacerbate the problem since I might have that glyph in one spec but not another.

More/Less Fun- While I love the shape-shifting aspect of a druid, it seems like we don't really shapeshift all that much; we pick one form depending on our spec and stick with it. I would love to see one or two abilities useable only in a particular form but had an appeal to EVERY player. For example, I often drop into cat form to use sprint, even when in Resto spec, to get away from danger or closer to the party. Other things that might work could be like an ability in bear form that reduced the damage taken by everyone near you when used. It has obvious appeal for a tank, but in the phase of a fight where survival trumps DPS, Cats and Boomkin might want to use it too.

The second half of this is something that I know is sort of a singular complaint of mine, but I feel that its unfair that Feral druids are more limited in their selection of forms than other druids. I feel that every druid should have access to every form, even if you don't use it all that much. In my experience, if you give the players something to do, they will find a way to make it useful. That way, you can have druids popping into and out of less-used forms just for certain abilities, like maybe Tree-form to blow tranquility even for non-healers, or better CC spells in Boomkin form.

Along with the increased important upon forms, you could also implement a short cooldown on shapeshifting, so that the choice of which form to be in at any given moment was more important. That way, if a player switches into Boomkin for better CC, they might not be able to swap back into healing mode until the cooldown wore off. You could also give druids back the Shapeshifting-breaks-snare-and-roots-function which many people felt was a little to targeted at a single ability, but it would be less powerful since it cant be used as often, and you might be stuck in bear/cat form until the cooldown wore off, limiting your other actions.

Rotation- Druid healing rotation is very good, IMO. Every spell has a use, and they work very well together with procs from talents.

The bear rotation still seems overly simplified and counter-intuitive. I leveled as feral in BC and halfway to 80 in Wrath, and the bear was always a 2-button rotation (maul/swipe for group, mangle/lacerate for single target) which bored me out of my mind. Even though you added more abilities it feels like they are just band-aids on a leaky boat. Pulverize, especially, because it used up your charges of lacerate. I feel as if I could simply keep Lacerate rolling, with mangle and maul to fill the gaps, and do just fine. I think the ability has a lot of potential, but rather than removing all your bleeds from the target, have it do something like reduce attack power of produce a stun based on how many stacks you have. As it stands, I use Pulverize more to alieviate boredom rather than because I feel it necessary.

Wish List- I want an actual Tree-Form back, but only if it could have some non buff-related function. The current Tree of Life is a great spell, but its not a form like the others. I would love to see a druid healing model where you had humanoid form for one type and the tree form for another (single target vs multi-target, for example). In the latest thread that I have going on this topic ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973022524 ) it gets compared to Holy Priest Chakra a lot, and I admit its similar, but that only because while druids are very powerful healers, we're still very HoT-dependent, and Holy Priest have lots of cool toys that I see value in mimicking.

Least Used Spells- Probably, atm, Tree of Life. Its a great spell, but I don't think about it often enough to use it. Maybe consider upping the cooldown on Tranquility and increasing its power (since its a nice but bland spell) and reducing the cooldown on ToL and lowering its spellpower boost coefficient since its a lot more fun.
    Edited by Drelnu on 9/16/2011 6:45 AM PDT
    85 Tauren Druid
    Just a quick message I would like a DPS cool down for balance that would help in burn phases and just Normal DPSing. For example Lust
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE
    If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Don't really have one as a feral dps.

For a druid, vanity options!

Looking like all the rest of the druids!

I think the feral druid priority system is difficult enough, but not crazy. But I've run out of fingers if someone wants to add something to our system, I'll go nuts.

Taunting me with the Druids of the Flame, made me think about all the different ways druids could work, (also I wanted a phoenix form). I think it'd be easy enough to add more customizable options for the druids forms, including travel forms. Maybe little quests or something to find animals and cast some spell on them or something to take on their form. I'm not that creative. But much like there were different aspects of professions, like Flask master, potions master, transmute, and the such, maybe classes could have something similar available, then we could have some recovered Druid of the Flame that could train you to have a Firery Roots, or Firebird flight form, and maybe... just maybe a scorpion "bear" form.

I just think that if our gear doesn't affect our appearance in forms, maybe there could be more to customize our aesthetics so we don't feel like every other druid.

Teleport : Moonglade (but I still like that I have the option).
    17 Tauren Druid
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] regular and heroic 5 mans, solo quests

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a

What makes playing your class more fun? To me the appeal of playing a druid is the multiple forms, and the abilities and versatility that the forms bring. I prefer utility and survivability over topping a damage meter.

What makes playing your class less fun? Homogenization. That goes for all classes, not just druids. Other classes getting battle rez, for example. The loss of being able to have a hybrid spec. If i'm willing to sacrifice some dps to have stonger heals, why can't I? Utility used to be a big part of playing a druid. Back in the day, if our tank died, I could go bear, aggro the mob, and we might survive. Today, don't even bother.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like the uniqueness of the eclipses, but I think it could be better implemented. I hate the forced feel of the balance rotation. Why do I have to cast spells that aren't preferred or the best choice for the fight at hand to get a boost to dps? Why do I have to have a down time with no bonus when other dps classes get 25%-30% bonuses across the board?

What’s on your wish list for your class? Bring back permanent tree form, or at least let us glyph for it. I don't care if you have glowy shoulders. Show them off in Stormwind.

What spells do you use the least? Thorns is but a shell of its former self. Fairy fire is useless. Cyclone has only situational use in PvE.
    85 Night Elf Death Knight

I am pretty much a PvE player. Not real interested in PvE

I solo play a lot. Maybe an alternate to the raid and group quests that a solo player can do?

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Don't do PvP

Travel forms and fighting forms. Maybe make them more attuned to the race? I.E. Maybe Wogan can be more canine for example. Other races could have forms that is more commensurate with their locale.

When looting a mob, I would like to find more armor that is appropriate for whatever class/race that loots. I generally have to pick up what I need to upgrade my armor from the AH. I would like to be able to loot more stuff that I can use rather than have to always buying it. This applies to all classes/races and from the perspective of a solo player, in a group setting, I imagine something different should be done if only to keep the system the way it is.

More options when searching in the AH. Looking for just usable is fine, but if I want to find something that will raise my strength, I have to do a web search or look at each item individually and that can take time. Basically, just more options to help narrow down what I need to find.

The fact that it is a hybrid class makes it fun. Spells and then being able to duke it out if needed is great.

Nothing real serious at this time.

I'm fine with it.

Some protection spells should last longer and have a slightly shorter cool down time. Thorns for example, lasts only 20 secs and takes 45 seconds to cool down. Maybe have it last longer, then have the cool down time appropriately longer also, like it lasts 3 minutes with a 5 minutes cool down. So, two minutes after it expires, you can activate it again.

I want to keep it, but the Aquatic Form is not used much by me.
    85 Night Elf Druid

Mostly PVE

Super casual. Normals, occasional heroics (none yet this expansion), rare raids (none yet this expansion).

N/A

Would prefer no moonkin form, just normal caster.

Versatility, insta-cast form changes, proactive healing style.

Community refusal to accept true hybrid specs.

Dislike balance rotation, no real resto rotation. Feral is fine.

Change druid trees to : Feral (cat/bear), Lifegiver (nature-based AoE heal/dps, strong HoTs), Moonchild (arcane based single-target heal/dps, strong HoTs).

Soothe Animal

Note: I have three L85 druids, one of each core type.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Resto MS, Balance OS

What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

1) Lifebloom. It just feels really clunky to me now. I understand that removing the stacking mechanism may require a nerf to the healing or a cooldown, but as it stands we are rather weak for tank swaps and encouraged to roll it on someone (even myself if tanks are OOR) no matter the overheal. I often find myself having to keep LB rolling on one tank regardless of whether he is taking damage or not, because I can't spare the GCDs due to the raid or other tank taking a lot of damage (Baleroc, Beth'tilac, Rhyolith P2, Alyz, Rag, etc). My suggestion would be to either remove the stacking mechanism outside of ToL, to give us a 1 minute cooldown 3 bloom in 1 GCD to make it slightly less clunky for us, or to link Revitalize or any similar T12 2pc to a different ability. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy any mechanic that allows players to set themselves apart such as higher harmony uptime & better LB up time for regen (and thus more potential HPS). However, with the idea behind the Cata healing model, Lifebloom doesn't really seem to fit in the way I am encouraged to roll it regardless of overhealing for Revitalize/OOC/Replen/2pcT12.

2) Healer Threat. It's not usually an issue this tier, but having a fade would be fantastic (Cower doesn't really cut it!). When I had Shadowmeld early in Wrath, I used it all the time in raids and dungeons. I don't feel that it made me IMBA or that Priests were mad because I could use a similar ability to not die from healing aggro. I normally get the most healing aggro in raids, and with T12 it only gets crazier with our increased output. I'm getting a little nervous about T13 heal aggro on add-fights. Hopefully the guild won't be running wagers on how many times I get punched in the face by bosses & adds!

I absolutely love managing cooldowns. Obvious ones like ToL, Tranquility, Barkskin, SM/Efflo and Shard, but also less obvious or less easy to track ones like Nature's Grace, Harmony, and even LB in a small way. This goes back to my quality of life comment about Lifebloom, but a '3in1' LB cast on a short (~1min) CD would just be another fun thing to manage. When we're pretty much nothing but HPS machines, giving us cooldowns was a great way to keep us still somewhat engaged. I also love having all of my healing spells being useful and having a decent niche. Despite losing the long hot on Regrowth (which I loved to layer on to high damage targets such as tanks along with all of my other hots), I feel that all of our heals earn their place in our spellbooks. Regrowth and Lifebloom could both use some revamping, however.

I dislike being sat for content that requires raid-saving mitigation CDs that our class lacks. It hasn't really happened for me this tier, but memories of H LK, and Sunwell still keep me on edge about whether or not I will be able to justify my raid-spot when the time comes to take out Deathwing. If you guys are happy with the current model of Druid HPS compensating for our lack of tank/raid CDs, I just hope you do not forget that we rely on it so much to defend our spots in raids. Yes dual spec Boomkin is a viable option, but even then the highest DPS raid members will normally be chosen over healer off specs for progression fights such as those.

Revamped Regrowth & Lifebloom, Barkskin castable on tanks.

Regrowth is decent with 3/3 NB, but otherwise it falls short. Possibly a lengthened weak hot (as it stands right now, the hot on Regrowth now might as well not even be there) and maybe removing its interaction with SM as a means to balance this.
    Lifebloom to allow us to tank swap easier, or unlink it from all of the other regen talents linked to it that require artificial LB rolling throughout a fight.
    Barkskin on tanks is that thing you want for your birthday but you know you'll get socks instead. It doesn't hurt to dream!
    And in response to all of the Druids that feel Nourish has no place in healing, it does fine now that it also refreshes Lifebloom. It's an excellent cheap heal to weave in whenever mana is an issue to keep you casting, and in conjunction with 3/3 NB it is very good for Baleroc. Gimmicky fight aside, the spell is what it was intended to be, and that is fine.

As Resto/Moonkin: Feral interrupts/thorns/soothe/hurricane are situational and mildly useful. Otherwise I can't say there many abilities that I don't utilize. Right now Druids are designed rather well, with just a few kinks.

Edited for clarity/organization.
    Edited by Baíhu on 9/16/2011 10:36 AM PDT
    90 Tauren Druid
    PVE Bear tank

Heroics and 10-man raids at the moment

very little pvp as a boomkin

For tanks, i would say that it is the rage generation issue. i love tanking as a bear, but sometimes i do come up short on rage at the wrong moments. also, not having a range pull. if we could cast mushrooms in bear form, and instead of that horrible slow, it could be a temp silence for pulling casters

just being a druid... i love instant shapeshifts, being a bear in general and herbing while flying :)

There is not much that i dont enjoy about my class.

i feel it's fine. nothing can pull off of me and i dont die often.

1- gain rage instead of use rage for charge
    2- make mushrooms castable in feral form (it is our 85 ability btw)
    3- make mushrooms silence for ranged pulls
    4- fix the rage generation. i wouldnt say that it's broke, but needs a tweak

What spells do you use the least?[/quote]
    cower (but why would a bear cower, lol) and mushrooms (even tho i covered this above on a proposed change)
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Content focus:
    Balanced

PVE Focus:
    25m Raids mostly (some heroic), heroic dungeons to farm materials

PVP Focus:
    Mainly BGs, Arenas for points/rating gear, some world PVP

QOL Issues:
    Shifting in/out of forms causes me to lose vanity buffs like gnomeregan pride/iron boot flask. Some of these items are multiple hour cooldowns, and If i have to pop bear on aggro or pop cat to dash out of the way for something, I lose it. Its not a huge deal but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to just hide the buff in forms and allow it to keep its remaining duration when in caster form. :/

Nourish could use some love. Suggestion, make talented nourish have a buffed cast time when rejuv is on the same target, that way we're at least on par with shamans and their riptide/wave synergy (gcd wise). This would also improve tank healing when no other targets are taking damage. For instance, as of now (with nourish talented) I still have to put 2 additional rejuvs out on other targets in addition to my focus target just to get the cast speed bonus when I'm tank spamming. Its horribly inefficient mana-wise for me to keep this up constantly, especially for long encounters. Afaik, no other classes are forced to heal full-health targets to buff the cast time of what's supposed to be our mana-efficient spell (kinda defeats the purpose?). That being said, its also pretty useless in 2v2 arenas in its current state, even talented, considering we will never have 3 targets to rejuv for the cast time bonus, and we have no other efficient casted heals.

Playing class fun:
    Versatility and freedom of play style is one of the best parts about being a druid. Resto still remains the most fun healing spec of any class to play imo.

Playing class bad:
    all of our big CCs (excluding 4sec CCs in bear/cat, which require time loss from gcd of shifting+enrage and/or cat combo points) are casted. it would be nice if roots were instant or at least a shorter cast time (.5sec) to put us on par with other classes (shaman totem drop, priest/warrior/warlock fear, mage root, DK chains, rogue/hunter disorient)

Rotation:
    Its great, in all 3 specs, I wouldn't change it. Everything ping-pongs to the second when done right ;3

Wish List for Druids:
    - some kind of instant cc in caster form
    - bring back polymorph immunity! i can shift to avoid it when i see mages casting but its a QOL change for the worst and only punishes people trying to learn the class
    - bring back perma-tree form (on a two forms-type toggle maybe?)
    - new moonkin skins for night elves. everyone got poshed-up except us, what gives?
    - NOURISH STILL NEEDS LOVE IF YOU WANT US TO USE IT!
    - Tomes for different/special models for Feral forms? (mages get poly tomes, WTB fun? i know you will hear more of this as Fandral's Flamescythe depricates and all the fire cats lose their mojo)

Spells used the least:
    Healing touch, but only because it gouges my mana - where it used to be a nice fat buffer heal
    Mushrooms, but I know other people make decent use of them
    Cower? should this still be in the game after recent threat changes?
    Edited by Silikon on 9/16/2011 12:07 PM PDT
    90 Night Elf Druid
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raiding

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    mana taking so long to regen out of combat when I'm in tree form. not actualy having a tree form. moonkins form is ugly and fat.. no one like to be a fat chicken. I would rather have the choice to be in caster form then be in chicken form.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    the flexability of being able to fill all the roles.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Crowd control sucks. ya ya root can be used on melee. but not very many people take advantage of that. cyclone is never used cause its so short. and its so short because of pvp. dont let pvp effect my pve.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

cat rotation is fine. a bit fun actualy. I do think that energy regen needs to be a bit faster though.

bear rotation is a little wonky, I find I often ignore maul cause its easier to just hit thrash/lacerate/whatever, instead of going for maul. and I tend to forget to hit pulverize. cause im focus on hiting a defensive ability or mangle has come up.
    also have more then one taunt, ya we have challenging roar but unless the mobs are close to us already it doesnt realy work.

boomkin rotation is kinda fun. it does lack mobility and mushrooms are a bit tricky to get used to.
    healing rotation is whack-a-mole-ish. but thats to be expected, the direct heals seem weak. especially with nourish and healing touch cost the same but healing touch does more healing. we have a few resto druids in my guild who use HT instead of nourish while raiding.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    change cyclone so that its a true crowd control ability. make it like sheep or something. or fix roots so that it stops casters from casting if your going to make that our primary CC ability. its not unheard of to have roots crawling up some ones hands to disrupte their casting.
    make bear rotation more smooth and not so wonky.
    changing thorns so that it can be cast while in bear form
    give bears a major defensive ability like the other tanking classes have

boost cats flexibility in so that we dont always have to rely on being in the back of something. fight wear we have to be in the front tend to make our dps drop. even if we switch out glyphs.

■What spells do you use the least?
    cyclone. cower. thorns.
    Edited by Sheadeo on 9/16/2011 10:48 AM PDT
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Melyanna, Wyrmrest Accord (Restoration)

PvE

Mostly 10-man Raids (normal modes)

N/A

I would love to have the option of being a tree. It really defined our identity as a resto druid not just while healing, but also while immersed in the world as a whole. With all the other druid specs having a special form, I feel somewhat leftout while healing.

Being a mobile healer and spreading around HoTs of happiness really just makes my day. As a druid I love the versatility of shapeshifting to adapt to any situation. Also, given the wide variety of roles a druid can perform, I'm always learning something new about my class everyday.

I'm hard pressed to come up with something I don't find fun about my druid but if I were to pick I'd say two things: 1) not being a Tree really did affect me this tier - I've become the Noggenfogger Elixir addict as a result of it; 2) certain raid fights such as Baleroc really show our weakness in direct healing and lack of mitigative cooldowns. I realise all classes have their strengths and weaknesses, but certain fights seemed to show them more strongly than I expected.

On the whole, I think druid healing is pretty darn awesome. We have a very interesting style with an added layer of complexity on how we line up our procs. The only thing that could use some changing is that we have to use to 3 GCDs to stack Lifebloom -- this really sucks while 1) I'm raid healing and sometimes miss the refresh by a second 2) a fight which involves me having to change my Lifebloom target a lot.
    I'd love the option of either having a talent to let us put three stacks on right away, or perhaps having a "bloom" that lets us have Lifebloom bloom when we want it to - as a quick heal alternative.

I'd love to see tree form return in some way or the other. A cooldown hardly counts as a form in my mind and as a druid, I miss being shapeshifted.

Soothe
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raiding. working on different heroic fights in firelands.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena and RBGs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. A stealth bar for feral would be wounderful. Help clear a few clunky macros and odd placed key bindings.

■What makes playing your class more fun? I have a hard time sticking to one playstyle. Druid lets me have the best of every world. I PvP as melee (feral) and get to PvE as a caster (Moonkin). It's very balanced as a class overall and i have enjoyed it for over 5 years.

■What makes playing your class less fun? This is all from a pvp perspective. Pve i'm more of a "Show up, do whats asked. get gear." Kinda dude ;) . Moonkin has some issues in PvP setting. No dispel protection, as well as weak survivability. The change to lunar shower can be frustrating at times, not the fact that it generates solar/lunar power but how the duration of the buff is so short, if you take more than a global or you have to LoS, get stuned ect you have to waste mana/time getting the buff back up. Feral has mobility issues to an extent but i understand thats compensated by our high burst. While i wouldn't mind a dmg nerf for more uptime on those pesky mages, meh not a major issue. Resto has huge, HUGE problems with hard switches in arena. It seems like most teams just wait till a DoT have full HoTs and the druid has no trinket.. -switch- and you end up killing the druid IN TREE. =/

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Moonkin is fun. The change to lunar shower made our on the move dps a little more clunky but i can deal with it. Feral is still one of the most fun dps rotations in the game, though it's technicaly a priority system but meh :P I can't make comments on resto as i don't PvE as it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? Dispel protection for moonkin, some form of suvivability cd besides just barkskin and frenz regen. Maybe something for our trees? They are rather lame over all. Give them the ability to root! :D Feral, i wish they would nerf instant cyclone and increase our mobility. It's a rather broken mechanic and the only saving grace is that you can dispel the buff. Anything to add new flavor to the class would be greatly appreciated. The game as a whole is starting to lose it's luster in my eyes and even something small to change up the pase would help renew my vigor for druid.

■What spells do you use the least? water form? >_>; I try to use everything. Though spells like regrowth and healing touch are terrible for balance pvp. high mana cost and low healing compaired to feral and resto. Mushrooms for every situation outside of adds in raids and rbgs i tend not to use it.
    87 Tauren Druid
    Both

Heroics but currently levelling up archaeology and aiming for some old school achievements.

BG’s

Wild Mushroom and Wild Mushroom Detonate spell is annoying as in order to use them I have to shapeshift out of kitty to plant and detonate. Then go back to kitty. I do understand that they are meant more for boomkin but I just like the idea of blowing up mushies in kitty form and bear form! It would be handier if when you activated Wild Mushroom, the mushrooms were auto planted in a radius around you so that you could plant and detonate quickly in order to get back to other dps quickly and more efficiently. In my opinion it takes too much time to plant and detonate so I just don’t use them.

Shifting between forms when playing cat form for feral, shifting to bear when things get difficult and then to caster to heal. And actually playing as a kitty ripping things apart is quite fun!

The ugly looking Aquatic form... I hate swimming around looking so ugly. I have added my suggestions to the answer to the question regarding wishes.

Pretty good.

One wish is to be able to cast thorns without shifting out of form. I would use thorns so much more if you could cast it without it causing you to shapeshift!

Permanent Tree of Life form would be fantastic as well.

Being able to customise the forms a little more... someone else suggested glyphs. I like the idea of being able to shift to feral cat but look like a Spirit Leopard or Black Gem models.

I would love it if the aquatic form wasn’t this freaky looking seal and looked more inviting such as a sea turtle, fish or dolphin. My vote goes on the Speckled Sea Turtle model.

Teleport to Moonglade, although it is used a lot when it comes to the Luna festival.
    Thorns I don’t use as much as I would like as you have to shift out of form to cast it.

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    10m Raids (Small Guild) and Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Not having my permanent tree form. I feel being a resto druid lost a lot of its fun and flaire by removing this option. As much as I like the perks of the new tree form, who says that can't just be another spell? Resto druids were always defined as "Trees" so I feel like we've lost our identity. Not to mention the new tree form is awkward and gaudy, I couldn't get the glyph for it fast enough.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Looking like a druid in my gear, though transmogrification will likely fix that problem. Playing with my different forms, enjoying their quirks and all around fun.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Not having a 'redirect' for LifeBloom. Since *Trees* are so versatile when it comes to healing many moderately damaged people quicky, I tend to be primary on Raid heals. However, with a lot of the new boss mechanics requiring tanks to switch back and forth, the LB transfer can be cumbersome and expensive.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I feel that Nourish's cast time is too long by comparison. I think Nourish could easily be dropped to a 2s cast time without haste as Healing Touch base heals for nearly triple what Nourish does and should have the longer cast time not the same.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Permanent tree form.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Anything Feral, but I'm dedicated Resto save special occasions and Soloing. Resto wise Healing Touch is probably the least used.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]