Class Feedback – Druid

(Locked)

95 Tauren Druid
Sit back and stay a while :)

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
90% PVE & 10% PVP (both mainly as Balance and sometimes Resto)

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Everything

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I play casual world PVP and regular BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

--Setting up Mushrooms.
--I love the new Tree of Life, but it needs to be permanent again. Seriously, Druids are supposed to be in forms, not putting on a fashion show in raids/parties. You want to show off? Go hook in front of the Bank or the AH in towns where the purpose is to relax, socialize, trade, run errands, etc..

What makes playing your class more fun?

I can sum that up in one word...Doomkin! Nuff said!
...Ok Ok, Typhooning people/mobs off ledges, finally having a silencing spell and the ability to fill any role necessary and shapeshifting.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Innervate sucks and isn't worth casting without Dreamstate or at least Glyphed. I have no issues with mana regen on single target fights and generally save it for the healers, but long AOE fights don't move the Eclipse bar towards the other end to compensate for the high mana cost with Euphoria.

Wild Mushrooms are a fun idea and can do some major AOE dps while Eclipsed...provided that the person kiting the adds, has the luxury of time to find the shrooms in the midst of 10-25 people plus their pets (combat and vanity) and/or that I have the time to predict the route of the kiter, so I can drop the shrooms in their path and hope that the person drags the parade of adds into the shrooms' tiny effect area. It just needs a little work (see wish list).

Thorns and Cyclone have become kinda, meh. I rarely use Cyclone because of diminishing returns. I still throw Thorns around on tanks and kiters, but not like before the change.

Nourish needs to be a shorter cast than Healing Touch please.
Regrowth needs a to have a little longer HOT effect to make it worth casting.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotations for Balance and Resto feel fine to me.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

--Updated Moonkin model would be nice.
--Bring back Starfall's splash damage PLEASE.
--Make Solar Beam effect ALL applicable non-boss mobs, not just a few types of casters sprinkled around Azeroth. A Silence should mean a Silence for ALL, not a Silence for Some and Vibrate for Others :P (raids / 5-man heroics...some casters keep casting)
--Ability to run indoors like Shammies.
--Vanish ability for Cat Form (I don't care if we have to use Ghostshrooms as a regeant).
--Ability to pick herbs in Vial of the Sands mount form (requiring the profession as well)...I'd be totally down for passing this on to other races/classes as a unique perk of the mount itself as it is rather expensive to make.

----------I don't want this post to seem like mostly just QQing in the LESS FUN section, so here's some suggestions in hopes that they'll at least give some ideas.----------

--Balance needs some help from Mastery. Instead of having Mastery be completely dependant on Total Eclipse, how about splitting it up so that we get a constant buff (like other classes) from mastery of say 20% [that's only 4% more than current] and WHEN we reach either side of Total Eclipse, we get another 1 - 1.5% [that's .5 - 1% less than current] bonus damage for the duration of the Eclipse per point of mastery. ...This would help our dps be more constant.
--If the cost of Hurricane can't be lowered, can we at least have it Unleashed like the Shammies' Unleashed Lightning Glyph?
--Innervate sucks so instead, from a Balance perspective, can we have our AOE spells effect our Eclipse bar? Say each mob struck by the aoe (whether Hurricane, Starfall, Wild Mushrooms) would generate 0.5-1.0 Solar/Lunar energy per strike to helps us get to Euphoria faster?
--Wild Mushrooms Would it be possible to make it keep the aoe, but be targetable? Like throwing them onto a tank or mob that's in the middle of all the action and THEN hitting detonate?

What spells do you use the least?
Thorns, Cyclone, Regrowth, Soothe, Entangling Roots (because it breaks after like one hit).
---------------------------------------------

I didn't read all 70+ pages, so sorry if there's repetition in this post. Just wanted to finally write something from the 7 years of wonderful WoW time.
85 Worgen Druid
Restoration Druid

PvE

Heroic Raids.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Nothing, I don't care about permanent tree form nor cosmetics of any type, only about Restoration's gameplay.

Healing + mobility combined making this healing spec unique.

Lack of raid cooldowns and decent single target healing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's fine, although I'm not really fan of having to use a direct heal just to keep mastery up. It's still better than the previous mastery though.

1) Restoration talent tree points

The other Druid trees you have points to spare to use in "fun talents" (as you call it). As Balance and Feral there are around 3-5 points that you can use on filler talents and you'll still have the best talent points, and Restoration you lack some points to have the best spec.

2) Unique utility

Battle ress was spread among other classes (the only good thing left is a glyph that makes our bress better than the others) and Tranquility the other Druids specs can do it too. Mark of the Wild can be replaced by Paladin's Blessing of Kings. Innervate got hit by the nerfbat so hard that it's just a self cooldown right now. Thorns? Who cares about Thorns? A unique cooldown for Restoration would be awesome.

3) Single target output

Ok, we're not made for that and I'm thankfull for that too because I like to be a hot healer, but you have to work twice as hard to be a semi-decent single target healer compared to others if you have to. A bit of improve here would be good, even if were at the cost of a bit of our raid healing output.

4) Raid cooldowns

We are in excellent shape in terms of output, that is undeniable for anyone who regularly checks ranks in WoL. But in this tier some fights came with a lot of heavy raid damage that no output would be better than raid cooldowns (in progression bosses specially). I'd rather have our raw output tunned down a bit to have a cooldown that all other healing specs have. Restoration Druids are usually the first option to replace when the raid needs an extra raid cooldown. Tranquility is good to stabilize the raid but it's not always a life saver.

Cower, Soothe.
85 Worgen Druid
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

■What makes playing your class less fun?

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

■What spells do you use the least?

#1:PVE
#2:Heroics and Raids
#3:Druids should be able to use fun items like Orb of the Sin'dori, shapeshift, and it not remove the buff, just not be able to be seen while in form.
#4: The most fun part of the druid would be flexibilty, I.E. on two tank fights in which your job is done, being able to shift into cat form, ect.
#5:The least fun thing would probably be the fact that tank druids have more trouble with aoe simply due to the "frontal cone" like range.
#6:The rotation is decently good, both for feral (bear) and resto.
#7:My wish list is for a Righteous Defense type AoE taunt, the trouble with Challenging Roar is that if u are in close proximity to a boss/adds situation, you cannot use it for fear of taking the boss in the process. For a constant tree form, not with any benefits, just for pure looks. For a wider range for swipe/thrash AoEs for bear tanks, as the frontal cone can sometimes be detrimental, I.E. the adds on Nefarian if they have seperated from each other.Also, as a druid cant block, an ability much like Shield Block or Holy shield, only increasing the druid tanks dodge.
#8:Nourish.
85 Worgen Druid
I would also like to add to the wish list---Let us battle rez in bear form!! Some fights a tank doesnt have time to stop getting attacked, and battle rez, therefore having the choice of not rezzing that raid healer or getting killed yourself. That is all :)
85 Night Elf Druid
- PVE

- Heroic dungeons.

- Coming out of shapeshift form when trying to interact with things is super annoying, I know it's not life ending but gets old really quick.

- Being able to shapeshift into flight form at will makes life so much easier, battle res, being able to save a party even though I may not be queued as the healer.

- I know this isn't supposed to be about DPS, but for a balance druid having our DPS cut back so much hurts me because if my DPS isn't at a certain level it's very likely that I'll get party kicked, which makes me not want to play the game.

- If we're talking about balance, my rotation is fine. It's challenging and interactive but also with a clear sense of direction so I know what I need to do to be my best. If we're talking restoration, much more difficult than it used to be. I feel like everything is a heal over time so that's all I'm doing is stacking and stacking and stacking and hoping that I can stack fast enough and still have enough mana to repeat the process.

- I don't know about my class necessarily, I think druid's can pretty much do it all, but it would be nice to see the Night Elf shapeshift forms get a facelift, they've pretty much been the same since forever.

- For balance, I never use; Hibernation, Entangling Roots, Hurricane, the mushroom spell I can't remember the name of. For restoration; Nature's Swiftness (didn't even use the talent point), Nourish, Tree of Life.
85 Worgen Druid
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both, Feral cat, bear, and pvp feral. I'll focus on just the feral aspects since I do not typically play restoration and balance.

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic raids, 5 man heriocs, questing, and achievements.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Battlegrounds and limited arena

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
1) Shred backside requirement. I find it very cool that it mirrors a rogue's backstab, but up to this point in raiding, positioning yourself on bosses where you can shred is not hard, but when guilds want to work on a strategy and your shredding doesn't fit in with that, then it's us who get penalized for it two fold with the damage/rotation loss (glyph of shred) and the likelihood of being replaced by another raider who doesn't have this penalty. Since most raid groups don't have more than two ferals at the rarest, most raids won't change their strategies for one or two people only.
2) It would be nice to see less of a tax on druids in forms when they need to use things like heals and cc spells, especially feral. There just doesn't seem to be as heavy of a tax on other classes to use their defenses or heals.
3) A small bug left over from the days where barkskin couldn't be used on forms, shifting out of form while stunned or incapacitated is quite aweful. It's a clunky thing that meets us in an bad place half way to being right. Either we should be allowed to shift while stunned or not.
4) Thorns not being usable in forms seems to be off. Would be nice to see it usable in forms like nature's grasp.
5) Berzerk as a cool down. This ability is really interesting, but our spec is too reliant on this ability being used to be competitive. By this I mean that it has to stay used or on cool down at all times, else feral damage stays low. If we save it for a particular point in a fight, our damage is low in comparison to other classes. As it is now, with the base duration with the glyph at 25 seconds, ferals run out of energy needed to make the ability effective around 15 seconds after activation. If it were retooled a little bit for cats to where it provided some added benefit such as an attack speed boost, % damage done while active, or generating some form of resources then it would still provide a benefit even while energy starved. Another idea with a retooling would be to shift some of the damage from berzerk to baseline feral abilities for the downtime between berzerks. Another idea would be to shorten berzerk's duration and shorten the cool down.
6) Would be nice to see less of a dps loss for using raid cool downs such as rebirth and tranquility. I would like to see these abilities either used while shape shifted or changed with talents like nurturing instinct.
7) Would be nice to see mangle(cat) changed to work more like trauma did in wrath of the lich king for arms warriors (applied on crit) and have claw retooled to work like the current day mangle as the front-of-target move. Although it doesn't seem like a big deal, having to mangle, even once a minute to maintain a mandatory debuff is less than optimal and I have always thought it to be funny, that claw had upper ranks (now scaling with level) up to max level even though no good feral will use it.
8) Feral at many times during a fight can find itself short on combo points and since damage has shifted away from bleeds, combo points become more important. A suggestion I would make is to let Fury Swipes add a combo points when applied.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
Being a druid in general. It has been stated many times before in this thread, but the class itself is a joy both from a lore and game play perspective.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
Efficiency issues with feral dps that keep us from managing competitive dps often.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
At the moment, the flow of ferals feels good with the exception of the lack of combo points at times and being energy starved half the time in fights.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
Efficiency fixes like the ones stated above in the "quality of life" section.

-What spells do you use the least?
Abilities that I cannot use in form such as soothe, heals, cyclone/roots, thorns, remove corruption, etc, etc. Would like to see this change.
90 Night Elf Druid
change the way the night elf forms look like please there so plain and boring compared to every other druid race like tauren worgen and troll there just boring and plain change them up or like when you can change ur hair style be able to pick from the alliance druid forms between worgen and night elf and same for horde make it more customizable cuz the night elf forms are boring and plain
100 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both – in feral and balance spec. I havent plaied resto pvp since lk.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and Raids. Not a hardcore in raids.

All of it. I would like to have more distinctions between classes.

Nothing to add as a druid.

The different kinds of abilities that druids have. As feral being able to go bear when needed – in pvp or pve – is very cool. As boonkin being able to off heals is also cool.

The way that plp look to druids, specially for boonkins. The boonkin form should be customizable, but the druid abilities should be taken more seriously. Even as a good boonkin in pvp – im not that good but i know what im supposed to do – it is hard to find groups or partners, mainly because other classes are considered stronger – even by druids.

I like then, specially the cat rotation.

Customazation! Specific abilities – like shammans used to be the heroism class, now dks can brez and etc.

Teleport to moonglade. Now it is so easy to tel that i dont use that anymore.
85 Worgen Druid

Both

Heroics & raids.

Arenas, BG's, Rated BG's

Resto druids are too easy to destroy in a hotswitch in PvP. In top end raiding their overall healing is very difficult to raid with due to the fact that it takes atleast 3 global CD's to switch hots over. And if it wasn't already obvious, feral damage is a little insane.

Being able to chase people down with ease and having fun in all three specs, love the utilities and versatility of a druid.

Been hoping for armor for forms for a long time.. Such as cat form with armor.. Bear form with armor.. Travel form with armor... Would be pretty awesome, also making the forms cosmetics customization greater would be pretty nice.

What spells do you use the least?[/quote]

Teleport: Moonglade, Wild Mushroom / Wild Mushroom: Detonate, Soothe, Claw, Maul.

86 Troll Druid

PvP mostly.

I found the dungeons and heroics to be both frustrating and kind of boring back when the expansion first came out and never really got interested in them. Never started raiding because of that.

BGs. I've never really liked Arena, and once I realized that Rated BGs were just big Arenas instead of the "ranked by individual performance" BGs I was hoping for I never really got into them.

Losing Tree of Life form was a big quality of life hit, and it led to me canceling the account that my other druid was on. Too late now I imagine, but that would help.

Having DoTs that are strong enough that I feel like I can actually contribute pressure in a BG. Still being able to shapeshift in most roles. I like the troll feral forms.

Eclipse. Getting hard-countered as effortlessly as I am in feral by frost mages.

Eclipse is broken and inherently problematic. Always has been (although it's at its "least terrible" level now compared to earlier versions). As long as Eclipse exists then balance druids will never function as smoothly as the other caster classes.

In feral there's always the shred direction issue, but direct damage is high enough that it's not quite the issue it has been in years past. I'd actually like it if the balance between bleeds and direct damage were put farther back towards bleeds - it gave the class a more unique feel when compared to the other melee classes and would give us a shot against all the things that can root us.

Dropping Eclipse and treating balance druids like any other caster class. It's been two years and it still isn't right.

Healing spells, at least compared to pre-Cata levels. They're really not worth using unless I've got nothing else to use a GCD on. "Pure class" self heals blow them out of the water.
100 Night Elf Druid

PvE

Raids, a few heroics

None

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Lacerate + Pulverise is a pain but prevents us from sitting around with nothing to do.

Not enough control. (ie shockwave, righteous defense, etc).

Shifting out to use any utility spells and dying because I was out of bear form.

The removal of ToL form is a big pain I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, miss it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

see QoL issues

more control

Challenging Roar, not a real taunt, never works.
Edited by Frapsity on 9/16/2011 7:17 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
My main problem and really only problem is with PVE. A pally's flash of light heals for more than their holy light. Our nourish heals for the same amount as Regrowth. Regrowth does apply a HoT that heals for just about nothing and makes it almost senseless to use regrowth.
100 Worgen Druid
Boomkin only point of view
PVE
Very little heroics, Progression Raiding
N/A
Rebirth forcing me out of form, appears to be an easy fix. While other classes enjoy there character graphics (new gear look, hairstyle) moonkin form has not changed since it was first added. Travel form inside, shamans got ghost wolf.
Ton of AOE damage, ability to multi-DOT, being a nature mage with a ton of utility
Very little of on the run dps, not having cooldowns to blow when there is time to burst Seeing Moonkin form for 3 years straight and not having any dps power outside the eclipses.
Rotation is complicated enough to be fun, but is a bit too much at times with cumbersome mushroom rotation.
Be more balanced, we are the best AOE class arguably but that only comes with Solar Eclipse, if i am the mage of the sun and have some cool "light" abilities i should be a mage of the night with some cool "dark" abilities for AOE effects that are as powerful in Lunar.
Hurricane - very awesome spell that does not see a light of day even in dungeon runs. Thorns are cool but are not worth it wasting a CD. Solar Beam very awesome and unique ability but has little affect in raids short of initial interrupt.
96 Night Elf Druid
What type of content do you focus on?

25 man heroic raiding

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

-Updated, high quality moonkin forms!! This was said to be possible by the first or second patch after the expansion release, but it seems to have been pushed to the back-burner once again. Tree form got completely re-done & it's not even permanent anymore. Warlock pets even got updated. We are still stuck with the same form for 6+ years, & among all of the gorgeous Cataclysm improvements, we look so out of place.
-Moonkin should be able to ride mounts in form, just like shadow priests. It is very annoying to have to shift when you dismount before you can get into the action.
-I would like for moonkins to have more emote animations like everybody else. Things like /cheer /cry /train /map & of course, /flap
-Druids (except for resto now) are left out of all of the costume transformation fun because we can't use those items in form & now we can't even take advantage of the amazing transmogrification feature because we always look the same. At least let us have costumes usable in forms please.

Finally with Catalcysm all four druid specs are competitive & raid-viable. That is a huge accomplishment, I've leveled new druids this expansion as feral & balance, have played all four specs at least in heroic dungeons & it's a lot of fun. I love the druid class for its versatility & lore. I love the concept of Starfall. It is beautiful, but not as deadly as it was before.

Just what I have mentioned before about outdated models, no animations, etc. I want to participate in all of the fun!

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I will say that I'm glad Blizzard decided to stick with the Eclipse mechanic, as much as it has been hated upon, especially in the rng days of WotLK. I think it adds a whole new dynamic to Balance that was much needed. Our rotation is pretty straightforward but there is a lot of room for more skilled players to pull ahead.

That being said, our aoe capability is completely dependent on being in Solar. Both of our dots benefit from it, as do mushrooms & hurricane. (Suggestion for mushrooms- have the placement reticule be the same size as the blast radius, otherwise the range is hard to tell.) The only thing Lunar has going for it is Starfall, which has been neutered so much that it's usually not saved just for Lunar anymore. Balance druids are at a severe disadvantage if they are caught out of Solar for an aoe phase, although I guess you could call this a skill cap. I don't think so though, because for bosses like Ragnaros when there are aoe phases coming up & I don't have time to do a proper Eclipse rotation, I am stuck casting the 'wrong' spell in Solar (Starfire) over & over at sub-optimal damage so that it doesn't push me out of Eclipse. I suggest that Hurricane & mushrooms do spellstorm damage like Starsurge, so that we are not totally screwed for aoe phases.

Typhoon still has a placeholder graphic, which is buggy & often times does not show up.
Lunar Shower change was a non-factor. It's a dps loss to take it in most situations, so most high level druids don't. Shrooms are annoying to place on the move while trying to hit a moving target.

As with Starfall, Starsurge is now only a ghost of its former glory. It used to do more damage & knock people back, which was the reason it had a cooldown. It has been repeatedly nerfed & at higher gear levels is only worth casting in an Eclipse state. I could understand taking out the knockdown but warriors can talent for it now, so how about some sort of compensation?

Updated moonkin form! :) Truly epic tier sets. We have some nice looking sets that are very detailed & beautiful but how about something that makes you stop & say "Wow! What a magnificent & powerful druid, he looks like he can kick my !@#!" Shaman & Warrior sets are pretty good at this.

More glyphs. Useful, flavor, whatever. It'd be nice to have more options.

I want to place mushrooms on my friends, send them into melee & remote detonate them, like suicide bombers. Now that would be fun, no fumbling around with ground placement.

Updates for travel & aquatic form please! Many of us use & see these forms every time we play, I'd say that it should be a high priority, even over tier sets because gear is always replaced. Forms are forever.

Hurricane. The mana cost is very high, the damage is sub-par even in Solar & it's channeled. It could use a graphical effect update too. It would be cool if you could glyph it to follow you around like the D2 druid spell.

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to give feedback. I love my class; it gets better & better each expansion.
Edited by Neyuna on 9/16/2011 8:57 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? - PVE Heroics/Raid
If PvP, what type of PvP? - BG
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? It would be easier if cat & bear abilities like swipe only required 1 spell which would work for whatever form you were in, they would be just "feral" abilities. Is that even possible? I don't know.

Flight form, having the excellent options druids have to choose a role, Being able to use spells while shifted which auto shift you by using them is good.

Moonkin not being able to remember their eclipse every time you zone or die. Also starting up cycles from zero will sometimes refuse to go the correct way even if you used the appropriate spell.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I don't like eclipse down times How about giving us an instant cast starfire on 0? Or something in the non eclipse zone like more crit so it doesn't feel like dmg downtime. I found the new eclipse bar fun at first but the dmg output now feels inconsistant & a bit clunky. Having to keep dots up 100% is not fun particularly if i wanted to do that I'd play a affliction warlock.
Would also like a ability to auto plant shrooms at the feet of a targeted enemy as well as being able to place them.

Just as resto gets the option to use the old tree form, ferals should have the option to choose the old bear form & moonkin stay in caster form somehow? I understand the fun flavour thing, but having options is nice & the new transmogrification thing won't do as much for us. %100 travel form. The form as it is now can't be used indoors & for the short duration you might use it you can just as easily go cat & sprint. We have our flying mount form we should have a land mount form.

What spells do you use the least? Travel form teleport moonglade, cower.
85 Troll Druid
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. TROLLS!

What makes playing your class more fun? My big burst damage.

What makes playing your class less fun? Being constantly energy starved.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like it.

What’s on your wish list for your class? MORE HASTE! Goblin druids.

What spells do you use the least? Cower, Teleport to Moonglade
10 Troll Warlock
The forum is bugging up and I can't seem to post on my druid. Many apologies if I seem to be trolling. I'm not.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, raids.

Eclipse. Ever since it was introduced it feels like determining how to play well is an arms race with the developers. Players find the way Blizzard wants balance druids to play to be suboptimal and Blizzard applies heavy handed fixes to get players to behave how they'd like them to. Rinse, repeat. Word of Blue is that it doesn't matter what how it effects game play because in this particular instance the mechanic is justified because they feel it fits the 'philosophy' of the spec. It has improved over the years, but that doesn't make it interesting or engaging.

What makes playing your class more fun? Moonkin form. My dance is my raid buff. And planting exploding mushrooms.

What makes playing your class less fun? Eclipse.

What rotation? Rather than a rotation you gave balance a 'philosophy.'

Upgraded Moonkin Form graphic. You know, what GC said was in the works for 4.1, and if not 4.1 then it would be in 4.2. Take a look at the form's butt. Look at it for a while. Get to know it for a bit. Now, either in the game or in your 3D program, make it run forward. What is going on with the butt? The enveloping is messed up and those mighty glutes are being distorted because they are tied to some point on the feet.

It would also be nice to have a proper threat reduction cool down that doesn't require shifting forms and waiting for 20 energy before I can use it. Other threat reduction skills are instant.

And as pretty as Solar Beam is, it might need a revisit on the part of developers. Essentially it seems like the trade off for a no cast zone remaining after the initial interrupt is the long cool down. But it seems as if this doesn't have a whole lot of use in PvE as many mobs are immune to the silence area and in PvP it seems redundant. It's different, and that's nice, but I can't help but think if a more standard interrupt on a shorter cool down have more utility.

As Moonfire changes with Eclipse, why doesn't Insect Swarm? One of the issues with Eclipse throughout its existence has been that it tends to favor one side over the other pretty heavily. And that's part of the problem in getting players to want to play balance in the way you keep trying to cattle prod us into doing. Changing Insect Swarm to change from nature damage to arcane with Eclipse procs in the same way Moonfire does will help close the gap between the Eclipses.

Hurricane is extremely expensive and does laughable damage for its cost. The two should be brought in line so that the spell sees more use. It's not as if this is a spell that's intended for use by another spec, so why should it not receive a boost for Balance?

Balance feels a bit like it lacks a big deal damage cool down. But please, don't turn Moonkin Form into one.

I love the mushrooms. Thank you for them. However I'd like to be able to lay them down in preset patterns in one cool down. The down side is that you do lose the wonderful flexibility of the spell and if they all go down in one cool down that they'd probably also take some reduction in all that mushroomy damage goodness. Yes, mushroomy damage goodness. They are my delectable portobellos of destruction!

I don't play resto, but people I know who do say they don't feel that it has as much utility as other healing specs in game.

What spells do you use the least? Hurricane. High cost, low damage. Cower. I've been told that it has been fixed and that it actually does lower threat. But it still seems like a suggestion for the mob to please, please kindly not bash my face in. And often mobs don't listen to that kind of suggestion. Also, Teleport: Moonglade.
85 Tauren Druid
Hello Blizzard,

I have a request, wasn't sure where to post it so I figured I'd just post it on a section that this request pertains too. My requests is that you add Goblins and Gnomes to the races for the Druid class. I ask this because I really like the goblin race and the smaller races of world of Warcraft and was hoping to be able to be my favorite class while playing my favorite race. It would be funny, on top of cool and unique to be able to use all of these transformations with these small original forms. You will also add to the originality of mixtures between the classes and races if you add at least one more race to the druid class. I also suggest that you allow Worgens to fight in the human form and the mount transformation should have an instant cast, similar to the Druid Flight form. The last two suggestions are not as important to me as the first one with the Goblin and Gnome Druids. I would love to be able to play with a Goblin Druid, just because of the appearance. I can understand that you are trying to keep the larger races as the only classes with the Druid abilities, but I feel it would make for an interesting combination to have the smaller classes with these abilities as well. Also, I miss the treeform:'(. Maybe you can create a trinket that allows you to transform into it without the abilities to fight with them. I realize that the form was pretty broken, but I don't think it was absolutely necessary to eliminate the form altogether. I really liked that dance. It adds to the fun of the game when you have options and collectables that you can do more than just look at.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I really hope to work for you guys some day.
90 Night Elf Druid
PvE (feral)

Heroics - forced to do due to the JP grind
Raids

N/A

CAT
- The DPS loss of target switching.
BEAR
- Initial rage generation. Bear have a warranted reputation of slow threat ramp up. This is due in part to us having to marshall our initial rage as many of our openers consume the little rage we have while the other tanks have openers that generate additional rage. Once we get started we are fine.
- FFF/Demo Roar misses.
- The excessive amount of haste on feral gear especially Tier. Reforging helps, but is a kludge. A better solution would be for haste to contribute to dodge FOR ALL CLASSES. This has been suggested by the player community many times.
BOTH
- Removal of the ability to shift out of roots. I think Blizzard went the wrong direction, Blizzard should have reverted to the TBC model where shifting was mana intensive as a control mechanism.
- JP grind ... I am so fed up with it.

It's versatility, though in Cata this is less so due to the homogenization of classes.

- Boss fights that favor ranged over melee
- The forthcoming Transmorg ... very useless for feral (and moonkin). Doesn't work for cat/bear forms. When I read about it all I could think of was how useless this MAJOR new game feature would be for me.

Cat - Generally fine. A good job was down in Cata in "smoothing" it out. The Shred position requirement is annoying.
Bear - Needs work, the emphasis on the wet noodle (aka lacerate) is boring.

CAT
- Something to lessen the penalty of target switching
BEAR
- Ranged silence. 1 out of 4 tanks classes without a ranged silence is not "flavor"
- FFF/Demo Roar moved to melee hit table
BOTH
- BRez/Innervate/Hibernate/Roots castable in forms, heck, spells in general.
- The ability to retain armor in forms. This worth make the future Transmorg viable for ferals.

Thorns, Cower, Claw, Wild Mushrooms
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]