* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Having gear that supports both Arcane and Fire Mages equally, along with having more Fire Spec based encounters would be nice, and improving the Arcane Spec as a whole would be good.
* What makes playing your class more fun?
Honestly, right now there isn't much. Playing Fire Spec is a total blast, but I never get to do it, because only Alysrazor allows Fire Mages to out DPS Arcane Mages. Other than Frost being awesome in PvP (Man I love kiting melee DPS... they are so OP when they get the first hit, but when we do... so much fun, super balanced Blizz thanks :) )
* What makes playing your class less fun?
Arcane Spec as a whole. Having two sets of gear for two specs, one of which has a use in exactly one encounter in the Firelands Content
* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
For Fire the rotation is fine.. it's a little tedious at times, but the fact that I don't get to raid with it is the cause. No raiding = no practice. As for Arcane, the rotation is terrible. I understand it is about mana conservation, hoewver there has to be something we can do besides worry about Arcane Blast Spam. To be honest, its one of the most boring classes to play right now, in that spec, and the comments and jokes are old. "Oh man, out DPS'ed the two button rotation!" Well... Allow us some play. Moving Arcane Missiles to proc based was a terrible idea. Maybe move Barrage to proc based instead? Someway we can utilize our spells in a different way... give us a Debuff or something we have to keep up on the bosses! Interaction other than one spell x4 then Missiles, one spell x4 then missiles...
* What’s on your wish list for your class?
Raiding as Fire Spec again, and not having the spec be purely based on gear in order to be successful. When you do get to play Fire Mage, the gear is so vastly different from Arcane that you have to have entirely new gear almost to even be successful. In ten man raids, that's almost as unlikely to happen as a Shaman topping the healing charts on the world first Rag Kill. It's not going to happen! There is that chance that you only have one caster or maybe even two, but after that you are arguing off specs with people who just call you greedy. This is a common theme I've seen not just among raids with my mage, but in other raids I'm a part of on other toons. It's just too bad that our top DPS spec is two buttons, and our more interesting, intricate spec is based on entirely different gear and stats...
* What spells do you use the least?
Fire Spells/Arcane Barrage/Blizzard