(Locked)

85 Human Mage
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

-Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

-Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

-All.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Armors should be infinite duration similar to how auras work. Mana gems should be on cooldown instead of an item, unless made trade-able similar to health stones. Not a mage thing in general but let us change the default backpack with a bigger slot bag, this would help with space for food, reagents and mana gems(if left alone).

What makes playing your class more fun?

-Higher skill involved, just being a mage.

What makes playing your class less fun?

-Having to resort to lance spam in some circumstances of PvP when being trained.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

-Arcane is boring. Mana management is a joke, as long as you pay attention to int procs, correct % of mana is easily sustained by casting missiles more often.
-Fire is good overall, but would like to see a need to scorch weave again.
-Frost is fine.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

-Frost pvp - Some kind of dispel protection for frost, such as frostbolt applying 3 stacks of slow, with 3 stacks being 60% slow and reducing by 20% each time one is dispelled. Increasing the posibility of casting frostbolt so lance spam will occur less, which i believe the dispel protection will help allow this.
-Fire pve - The need to scorch weave again, a scaling baseline crit similar to hot streak t1 that at lower levels of crit is higher, and higher levels of crit is lower(only if primary spec is fire). Ex. 10% crit from gear will result in 15% crit baseline, and 40% crit from gear results in 1% crit basline.

What spells do you use the least?
-PvP - I find that every spell has its use in the right environment.
-PvE - Any spell that isn't my spec and doesnt provide utility, unless main spell school is interupted.
Edited by Pyrofrost on 9/12/2011 11:53 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
10 man Raids/starting heroic 10 mans

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs/world pvp

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
My biggest quality of life issue (and it is mostly 10-man related) is drop rates on items in raids. I don't have a problem with legendary drops, or with the number of drops. I have an issue with the number of times we have run firelands and had spirit mail drop when we have no shaman in our raid, or the fact that we have had the mage/rogue/druid/dk tier tokens drop 8/9 times on our majordomo kills. In 25 man the ability to easily have all 10 classes present and in multiple specs, plus the higher number of tier drops ensures the drops on kills gear out the whole raid faster. To solve this, I would suggest the server being smart and only dropping things that are useful to the raid that kills the bosses (not hard, the dungeon journal already has a gear filter in place), or make it so that if an item drops that nobody in the raid can use (and by can use I mean spirit mail is not useable by paladins), those items become BoE. Specifically in tier drops, I would LOVE to see them changed to being a single tier drop useable by all classes. This would match well with the current blizzard philosophy of bringing the player, not the class.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The burst ability of arcane is fun, it allows me flexibility on when to do a ton of damage, unlike many classes that get an execute ability when the target they are killing gets low. Though I would love an execute ability as well...

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Movement. Well, to be fair moving as a mage is tons of fun because we have blink. Having to respec into fire if I really want to be able to move and damage things is annoying. I don't enjoy the spec as much, and I get jealous of hunters and elemental shamans that can do things on the move in their ranged spec. I would love to see arcane missiles useable on the run, or to see an armor added that simply allowed our spells to be cast on the run.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like the challenge of arcane and the way mastery really shows the difference between good and bad arcane players. I would like to see arcane barrage used a little more though. Also for AE damage, I would like to see the arcane explosion talent increase damage done instead of putting it at the global cooldown. First off the talent means haste does nothing for arcane ae damage, and second my finger gets sore spamming that button once per second in ae fights.
The only other thing worth mentioning here that feels a bit clunky is the fact that arcane power/presence of mind are on a different cooldown than evocation and mana gem. I would like to see the three of them on the same cooldown so that the burn/regain part of arcane works out better. As it is right now, I don't use arcane power or presence of mind unless my mana gem and evocation are up, otherwise I would do really poor damage after my burn phase until evocation is up again.

Also, standing still for 6 seconds to evocate is sorta annoying. I would much rather see it work like innervate and be instant cast. Take away the healing glyph for that and I would switch it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Mobile arcane missiles and instant cast evocation (with 10 second duration). And mage execute.

■What spells do you use the least?
Inside my spec, mana shield isn't worth casting for the mana loss vs spellpower gained through encanter's absorption. Also I never use arcane barrage except for when I have flame orb out and I don't have arcane missiles triggered.
Edited by Vtar on 9/12/2011 11:16 AM PDT
85 Gnome Mage

Mostly PVE, however i do pvp from time to time.

Raids

Arena and BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Nothing really, being a mage is pretty good right now.

Portals! i love my portals

Arguing with people about being a frost mage.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

There really isn't much a rotation for frost. It's more of a priority list and i like it just the way it is.

To have a slight buff to frost and fire, not a huge one, just so we are able to play the spec we want without having to debate it first.

It would have to be a slight buff to frostbolt or frostfirebolt for frost though, buffing Deepfreeze would cause some problems even with the increase to threat.

Also, my frostfire orb needs a stern talking to. Sometimes it does the weirdest things. Sometimes i'll cast it, even when i'm not moving and boss isn't moving and it just stays above my head and then disappears.

Mirror Images about 90% of the time do the correct thing, sometimes though they target the wrong thing. Take Nefarian for instance, even if i walk up to Nef and cast MI while i'm standing under him they will always go for Onyxia, without fail, every time.

Remove Curse...there is really nothing to decurse anymore.
100 Gnome Mage
I focus upon PVE,

I mainly do what my server calls Legacy raiding, but I have an ilevel of 371 but regularly pug Tier 11 content.

Tol Barad

The biggest thing for me as a Mage is Time Warp. So many times I was passed over in Naxx or Ulduar for a lesser geared Shaman; also combining Food/Water into a single conjure.

Its the little things such as: Blink, Teleport, Mirror Image, and Invis.

Its not really anything with the class mechanics and what not but the players stigma and what they expect from a Mage to the point of hostilities at any resistance. Also the sad state of Frost in PVE.

While it is dynamic based around certain conditions, others have also said its simplistic. I personally have spiced it up by making more use of the less used abilities, even if they have no net damage effect. Such as Spellsteal, Counterspell, and to an extent Ring of Frost in PVE. I would say unlike a majority of mages I try to make full use of all my abilites not just that of my Specialization.

A Frost tree that is nipping the coat tails of Arcane and fire in PVE, and not left in the proverbial dust; save for an extremely precise RNG winning. As an Addendum another wish is that the general player base not be nearly as forceful or threatening about Food/Water or Teleports.

The least, well I can assuredly say while arcane I barely use Pyroblast (chuckle) in all seriousness. I am Arcane Main, Frost solo questing, and looking at my spellbook now Scorch, but that is understandable. As Frost, it would be any damaging spell from arcane and fire. I have made a point to incorporate the rest of the books into a single gameplay.
90 Human Mage
■ What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVP only

■If PvP, what type of PvP?

Arenas and if i can't cause of no partners bgs(i would rbg but groups i can find dont no what to do)

■ What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

None really <3 mages

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Having the versitality of mages, all their moves look so cool, and how a class can be killed in so little time but if u play it correctly u will live for days.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

My class is too boring in pve... fires on u blink out continue to do damage that out ranks almost every class.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency

The mage rotation for fire is fun, but all arcane is arcane blast arcane blast arcane blast etc. i mean u can do this for 80% of ur moves if not more (rotation on Main Target)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would like to get some fire move that could potentially be a move that fire mages get that turns them into a "fire dranie" type thing that increases their fire damage done by a lot of damage but reduces the cast time so u must think about when to use it like during a heroism or if a boss is taking extra damage but so its a downfall if u use it a time where u get cced or thrown into ignis' pot

■What spells do you use the least?

As a frost mage there is no need for any fire moves except FROSTfire bolt which is really both so that dosen't count and the only other is fireblast for the stun if u spec into Impact

Thank you for this chance to talk about our own classes and i would love it if u do this almost every other patch :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100 Human Mage

What type of content do you focus on? [Both]
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Raids]

Arcane (PvE): Recasting Arcane Gem on long fights, push back on Evocation on random-AoE encounters (Unavoidable AoE that hits the player at random intervals).
Fire (PvE): Impact not procing on AoE pulls, timing combustion
Frost: Do not play it enough in PvE scenarios to comment. In PVP, being trained.

Range, on demand burst, and encounter utility.

Waiting for Impact procs on AoE pulls is really frustrating.

For Arcane, I wish I had a more reactionary button to hit from time to time. While mana management is fun, spamming the same button during burn rotations isn't.

Mana gem turned into a cool down rather than an item. A better spell animation for arcane blast that's clearly visible during raids.

For my spec, probably Arcane Barrage. Arcane missiles procs frequently.
85 Goblin Mage
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids almost entirely, heroics to get valor capped for the week.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

When I PVP it's usually just BG's

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Portal/Teleport reagents

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Just being a mage

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Nothing that I can think of which is why I play a mage

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like it, it's simple, but it can sometimes get slightly old.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

I wish that fire and frost were viable raid specs again.

# What spells do you use the least?

Frostfire bolt
Edited by Endrance on 9/12/2011 11:14 AM PDT
100 Undead Mage

PVE

Raids mostly firelands

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Trying to put down a table and a priest life gripping me which wastes the CD and my reagents.

Not playing arcane, I'd much rather play fire or even frost in raiding but most of the time arcane is the best.

Having to play a spec that isn't fun.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

1111111111111111111111112 isn't fun for me

Fix ignite so there is no munching somehow. (I know that is really difficult though)

Blizzard

85 Blood Elf Mage
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE mainly, but PvP for fun.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Focused on raids, but I grind Heroics regularly for VP and quest for fun.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Battlegrounds / World PvP

- Evocation locking the player down for 8 seconds, being channeled and susceptible to push-back / interruption by boss mechanics.
- Mana Gems still have charges (just make it a reusable item).
- Having to 3/3 TALENT for pushback protection.
- Reforging for each DPS spec. Each of our specs require massive reforging (from Fire to Arcane is pretty much an every-slot reforge).

- Mobility: The reason I keep coming back to Mage over Warlock or any other caster is the mobility. I'd rather be a glass cannon that's hard to catch than have self-healing abilities.
- Portals: Do NOT know how I'd live without them

- Playing Arcane for two solid expansions.

- If I can’t tank or heal I’d rather have a PvP tree and two very different, but balanced PvE DPS trees, rather than all three of our specs are doing the same thing. Of course we’re all going to flock to the one that does it the best. Pure DPS classes seem like they should be the MOST balanced in terms of DPS specs but it just doesn’t seem that way.

- Lack of AE - that used to be what Mages DID. Now I'm regularly getting out AE'd by classes like Rogues and Paladins, which is really demoralizing. I'm blowing a whole mana bar to be 2/3rds of their AE dps and then I have to sit and drink and boom they're ready for the next pull in two seconds. Also Blizzard, come on, your weakest AE spell for Mages (maybe the game) is BLIZZARD... where's your pride!?

- Arcane: I get the idea, and I've played Arcane since it first because really viable as a main spec in BC with T5 and dedicated Innervates. Wrath really saw it blossom, and Cata brought some interesting changes, but ultimately the entire aspect of mastery of your mana pool and just "knowing" how many ABs you could cast from gut instinct is gone. Now it's a rote by the numbers rotation that only shifts if something goes wrong. The Arcane rotation is way too fixed, too simple, and immobile.

- Fire: Abysmal! By far the coolest mechanic Mages currently have and it's probably the least controlled - spreading Fire DOTs. Impact DOT spreading and Combustion NAILED the "kit" of Fire Mage in design, unfortunately they "nailed" the worst aspect of it as well: RNG. They're both completely RNG (waiting for big random crits before you hit Combustion) and way too situational. The rest of it's just making sure DOTs don't fall off and spamming Fireball and occasionally hitting Pyroblast.

- Frost:It's pretty reactionary - lots of procs and priorities rather than a rotation, which fits the "kit" for the spec really. It "feels" PvP, even when you're raiding, and you can line things up and unload your procs for an amazing burst - which is what that tree was all about. I'd like to see a little more of that "lining up for a string of burst procs" (FFB / Ice Lance spam etc) for PvE but honestly it seems pretty fun at the moment.

- More magic school synergy. Mage "kit" is mastering all of these elements and can weave them together - we can cast Frost spells in Fire spec, etc. FFB spec was the epitome of that. The entire idea of choosing which element to cast in a rotation, regardless of spec, is a good one that I'd like to see used more often. Spice it up!

- Spec mechanics with an Eclipse or Soul Shard type visual system. Maybe a "burn monitor" to see how DOTted up our targets are in Fire spec (the hotter they get the more crits we get but the DOTs could "explode" and fall off if pushed too hard or not refreshed). A progressive Shatter point mechanic for Frost (remember Viscidus from AQ40!?). SOMETHING more interesting to watch for Arcane than our mana bar - just make specs INTERESTING from a mechanics standpoint.

- Separate the RNG stun effect of Impact and the DOT spreading aspect of Fire.

- Make Arcane's rotation involve the number of AB stacks you have – more like Rogue combo points rather than just spamming it and ignoring the number.

- Make Arcane a tanking tree. I'm dead serious. Mage tanking is fun, perfect tree for it - simple rotation with room to expand for tanking abilities, as well as a "stacking" combo mechanic.

- Arcane Barrage: For a Mastery-only spell it's incredibly weak and sees practically no use.
- Combustion: I spend too much time waiting for ideal Ignite numbers and a Hot Streak to line up.
- Fireball: Why even bother? It's long. The spec is terrible. FFB does it's job and more.
- Ice Lance: In PVE it really gets ignored now.
Edited by Skwisgaär on 9/12/2011 4:13 PM PDT
88 Blood Elf Mage

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Remove the timers on our armors. Mage Armor/ward, I would like it to resist all magic, not just arcane frost and fire.

What makes playing your class more fun? I can shoot fireballs.

What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to play as fire in raids, I really, really enjoyed it. I hate the RNG part of the spec, and I wish you remove the limit targets on living bomb, or at least increase the damage on it. Arcane...I friggin' hate this spec.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Arcane, doesn't take much to spam one button for high end dps. I wish fire requires more than just aoe damage.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Fire competitive, less RNG, give more "increase chance to crit talents". I feel more like a mage if my mage armor/ward resists to all magic. (kthanks) Make a talent for mirror images to deal more damage or something.

What spells do you use the least? Arcane Blast...pretty much every offensive arcane spell. I hate arcane so much.
85 Undead Mage
What type of content do you focus on? Mostly pvp

If PvE, what type of PvE? random heroic dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena mostly but bg's too.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Not many but probably the 3 mage armors having a duration and the reagents for food tables should be reduced.

What makes playing your class more fun?Mostly having the CC to turn the tides in a battle.

What makes playing your class less fun? Constant dispels on my Crowd control, too many lockouts/silences which then encourages ice lance spam instead of casting frostbolt for good damage. I want frost burst to come from frostbolt again. Oh and frost mastery.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Rotation feels okay for the most part.

What’s on your wish list for your class? To bring the base shatter chance up higher on frozen targets.

What spells do you use the least? Arcane missiles, Wand shoot.
Edited by Orlly on 9/12/2011 11:25 AM PDT
85 Human Mage

I mainly focus on PvE, but I occasionally do arena with a couple RL friends.

Raids.

Arena.

I'd say that Arcane is a bit boring, and Fire is a bit too RNG.

I've always loved the magic class in any game. I'm also lazy, so teleport is a big deal for me.
I like the versatility that the armor spells provide. If I need some mana regen, I can pop Mage Armor. If I need some crit, I can pop Molten Armor. If I need to slow something hitting me, I can pop Ice Armor (usually go right back to another armor afterward). That being said, however, I hardly ever have any need to pop ice armor.

Refer to the next question.

Arcane: It's a bit boring. For the most part, it's one spell. For single target, you pretty much cast only Arcane Blast, and then Arcane Missles every 4 stacks of AB. For AoE, you cast Arcane Explosion if you're close and Flamestrike if you're not. It needs a flavor improvement.
Fire: It's too RNG-dependent where Pyro is concerned. You can either get good luck and get a lot of pyro procs and thus get high DPS, or you can get a fight where you might get one pyro proc and thus have low DPS. Making Pyro feel like less winning the lottery would be great.
Frost: No complaints. Well, I do have some, but they fall under what you don't want me to say here =p.

More fun spells. For example, keep making more polymorph spells. It doesn't all have to be about damage.
Make wands relevant again. All they are now are stat-boosters.
Make using Staves have an equal advantage to using a 1-hand/off-hand. Due to the +40 intellect to off-hand enchant, using a 1-hand/off-hand is better than using a staff because you don't miss out on that enchant. (For you armory lovers, I have yet to have a 1-hand drop.) Personally, I think staves looks a lot cooler.
Speaking of staves, allowing us to channel abilities through our staves would make for really cool animations. All they do know is kinda hang on our backs.
The ability to remove magic debuffs. We are mages, after all.
The cooldown on Ritual of Replenishment seems a bit unnecessary.
Something I saw in someone else's post that I wanna add. The cooldown on Counterspell is kinda long when compared to the interupts of other classes. Kick is 10, Wind Shear is 6, Pummel is 8 (iirc), etc. Why is counterspell 24 seconds? This tends to hurt raids that have a lot of mages.

Mana Shield and Mage Ward. Neither seem to absorb very much at all. For example, my Mage Ward hardly even absorbs one tick of Alyrazor's AoE.
Blizzard is a close third. It just costs way too much mana for very little return.
Oh, wands. Honestly, I haven't used my wand since wotlk. It's just a stat-booster now.
Ice Armor.
Edited by Fireyone on 9/12/2011 11:39 AM PDT
85 Draenei Mage

I focus on PvE almost exclusively.

I do heroics dungeons when needed, and raid regularly. Have not progressed to heroic raiding in this tier at this time.

Can't say I have any problems in this regard. If I had to pick 'something'.. when I realize I am about to run out of reagents for teleports/portals, can be annoying to have to get on my mammoth to buy more. Don't misconstrue this as complaining though.

I'd say what makes a Mage fun for me is not just the concept of being a mage, but also that I have more of an understanding and more experience with a mage than I do other classes. It just fits for me.

I play to perform my best, so I will pick the spec that will allow me to do that. I have no issues with what spec I play, I like them all. But there's certainly a stigma of playing as Arcane, which is the current leader, in that we are looked at as being faceroll dps. It's that belief, whether true or not, that tends to bother me about playing a mage, particularly when I am Arcane.

As for Fire, the RNG nature of it really brings the class down.

Kinda going along with the previous answer, the arcane rotation could be a bit more complex than it is. I like the change that was made with mastery towards how current mana changes the amount of damage dealt, and such. Fire seemed to be in a good place in terms of rotation. Haven't played much with Frost to really give good feedback.

For Arcane I would say maybe make the rotation a bit more involved. I'm confident based on the creativeness of Blizzard that we have seen thus far that you all can come up with something unique for Arcane that would make our rotation more interactive yet still keep the feel for the spec.

Fire I just wish was less dependent on RNG. It would also be nice to not have our dps as dependent on DoT spreading as it is. Knowing we can only shine when the moons align is a bit of a blow to morale.

Most spells tend to be used based on what spec, but being mostly arcane or fire, I tend to never use FFB or Blizzard.
100 Blood Elf Mage

My primary focus is PVE, however I do enjoy playing a "pve hero" in random BG's on the weekend. My post will be directed to PVE unless otherwise noted.

My PVE experience is almost exclusively raids.

Random BG's

Content
I feel that the nich that places like Blackrock Spire used to fill is now a vacuum. It is a nich that Karazhan and Zul'Aman filled in BC and was mostly absent during Wrath (the icc 5 mans kind of had that feel) and completely in Cata. There is currently no middle ground between raiding and "heroics" and it is a transitional phase that I miss. Basically I miss progressing each of my toons through each tier or phase of content instead of farming "heroics" for points to catch them up. I could still go through the "old" content, but the rewards feel cheap and obsolete when I can walk up to a vendor and purchase clear upgrades from 'easier' content.

Class
I'd like less randomness to how the class(fire spec) plays.

Frost
The utility the spec brings is what makes it fun for me to play. In wrath it was going for the slow effect on blizzard to control the adds on Gluth or in Cata to get deep freeze to add a stun to our raid comp for 10 man Ragnaros.

Fire
Big numbers are fun. Getting off a perfect combustion and watching it tick brings a feeling of accomplishment, a feeling of "yeah, i'm a bad-!@#".

Arcane
Nothing really screams "fun" to me. The mana management game is fun for a while, but its just a bit easy. That combined with a simple rotation leaves it a little bland.

Fire
The randomness of fire is a pain. Given two equally geared fire mages how often hotstreak procs, when hotstreak procs, and whether or not the right Pyroblast!s crit can make a significantly larger difference in damage done than the skill of the two players. (I've gone entire raid boss fights with only 1 or 2 hotstreak procs at ~23% crit).

Arcane
Boring rotation. 2 spells without much to manage. I'll elaborate below.

Frost
Of the three specs I feel like frost has the most fun/dynamic rotation. Having to decide when to Icelance (2 Fingers of Frost, never* at 1) when to use my BrainFreeze proc (do I wait for that FoF or not?) and being able to use Frostfire Orb to fish for procs just feels right. And of course Deep Freeze = Big numbers: That's always fun.

Fire
Spam fireball and pray for good hotstreak procs. The randomness is just frustrating. In frost, the randomness brings a nice pace to the rotation. For fire, it just brings tears. Part of the issue (for me) is that combustion has too long a cooldown: Wait for the right moment to use it and it may never happen. Use it at an okay moment and surely the perfect moment while occur while it is on cooldown. Combustion is an infuriating ability to be balanced around given its dependency on the stars aligning.

Arcane
ABlast AB AB AB AB AM (or 4, 6, 7 ABs depending on your maximum mana) then spam AB until x% mana every 2 mins. It's not as frustrating as fire, but it's just a bit bland. The mana management game from Mana Adept was interesting at first, but its really just too easy. Once you've established your rotation its pretty much not going to change for the entire fight. Arcane Missiles IS going to proc by the time you need it to. I think the spec needs some different filler and given that perhaps a lower AM proc rate.

For me, arcane was at it's best place in BC with the 40 arcane, 21 frost spec. ABlast had a similar feel to what it does now, but there were options for the rotation. You could break your debuff with an AM or use frost bolt as a filler to maintain the AB debuff while lowering mana usage.

• More rotation options for arcane

• Less RNG dependance for fire. (I like the dot hybrid style though)

• More pet utility for frost

Fire
My least used spell is Scorch. It *might* be used once at the start of the fight to apply the crit debuff but pyroblast takes care of it from there on. It's nice to be able to cast something while moving, but it doesn't feel like an integral part of the rotation and more often than not I'm able to time my Living Bomb refresh and a use of hotstreak if its up into my movement.

Arcane
Arcane barrage. It is an option for casting while moving. It is also an option for clearing the AB debuff if AM isn't up, but that is a rare occurrence.
85 Blood Elf Mage
I PvE mostly, PvP when bored.

I run heroics to max valor points. I love raiding.

I mostly do none rated BG's cuz I don't have a rated group. I still do WG, and do TB.

The CD on ritual of refreshment when the spell is broken. To many reagents, Have arcane powder still, and 1 port rune? Bigger stacking of port runes, like arcane powder stacks to 100.

Fun is seeing HUGE 100k crits on the boss 3-4 times in a row, pulling aggro, vanishing, then popping all CD's again and pulling aggro again.

Being force to play a fire spec when it is like a warlocks affliction spec. Dot management is to RNG right now, I need a add-on to help with it. Fire does capture the idea of the target burning, it just has to much micro management in a short period of time.
Arcane rotation has a boring rotation to a degree. There is management of the mana bar, CD's, and not standing in the fire. I prefer arcane out of all the specs.
I like frost this expansion. It is fun to play, but puts up lower numbers then arcane.

Arcanes rotation need a little more then AB to infinity and beyond during burn phase. It needs some spice.
Fires rotation is more of a priority list, while micro managing burning Dots to roll into a combustion, then wait on the proc to move combustion. WAY to much RNG.
Frosts rotation feels right and fun to play. It just isn't comparable in DPS output to arcane or fire.

The CD on mage armors is really annoying when arcane Brilliance is 1 hour long. We have really good minor glyphs, more minor glyph slots? 1 more would be great, right now I have hard choices for raiding verse my personal preference on glyph choices. Replenishment is in the wrong tree! Why is the mana regeneration ability in frost when arcane mages really benefit from it? Arcane has no run and gun ability's like fires scorch, or frosts ice lance.
Lower the CD on arcane barrage? More port options. Let us pick 2 places of our own and set them like a hearthstone? Fix Arcanes mastery to be a DPS increase and not reliant on the amount of mana in my pool. Certain proc, buffs, and trinkets that increase int for arcane mages lower our dps because of the mastery. Itemizing around this sucks.

I don't use remove curse all that much unless I am rolling old school instances or raids. I hardly ever counterspell to. Its CD in the raid environment is to big and clunky. Maybe a major glyph to fix this? I never use Blizzard. It costs to much, period. We have so many spell to flesh out rotations, I can't fit everything onto my bars. So, I use what is need for what spec I am in. In this regard, I use everything mostly.
Edited by Catalist on 9/12/2011 11:22 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Boring rotations

* What makes playing your class more fun?

Utility spells, chaining spells into other spells (fire spec)

* What makes playing your class less fun?

Boring forced arcane rotations

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Arcane is horribly boring, fire was much more interesting. Although ultimately, shooting a "bolt" spell 90% of the time is still boring in any spec.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

Some new and exciting way of dealing damage. At level 1 I got fireball in 2004, now if I play fire spec, I'm still just casting fireball most of the time. That was my number one disappointment. Number 2 is the lack of utility spells, both in and out of combat such as interesting ways to teleport for example. Having mages be the top of AoE spells would be nice too again.

* What spells do you use the least?

FFB
85 Blood Elf Mage
PvE, fire spec

Raids, heroics, trade chat

does my magic feel magicky enough? will people turn me down because i'm Fire? can iget my hotstreak procs?

Blink is one of the best spells in the game. period. also: running scorch. pyroblast procs. polymorph: cat, spellsteal
- most of this list is stuff that is fairly unique to mages. i like anything that feels like something only a mage could do. as in - MAGIC, SUCKAS. also the fire rotation just being funner than arcane.

when you hit 85 you can kiss hotstreak goodbye. i'm stacking crit like it's going out of style and i still use combustion when i can, instead of when i want to, this is stressful. also..

the fire rotation is good. i wish the spells were a little more interesting. pyroblast is just a bigger fireball. looks kinda like a trebuchet load. but it's one of the better rotations in the game.

more creative magicky things. i feel like most of my spells are projectiles, and that's... the least magical to me. where is my summon UNICORN ATTACK? why did we get another spherical fire attack? ----- wish mirror image made a copy of your Enemy that attacked them.---
More things to spellsteal in PvE. even just aesthetic things. but i really liked the stuff i could spellsteal recently. keep it up.

eh.. mageward
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]